Speaker 1: Here at Two Good Sports, we would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which we record this podcast. There were innerie people. This land was never seated, always was always will be Hello, Hello, Hello, and the avenue two Good Sports Sports. He is told differently.
Speaker 2: I'm Georgie Tanner and I'm Abbe Jelmy And can you believe George, We're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, We're back. Oh, I am so excited to kick off season three of Two Good Sports. And Jelmy, what have you been doing? Because we have had a little bit of an off season. We've been stretching.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's been a pretty quiet off season for me what I did at change jobs, had a child. But other than that, you know, not much actually really genuinely, not much else has been happening.
Speaker 1: No, we dance card full though, I think with the new job and the new child, so I think.
Speaker 2: Welcome little Ollie into the world. So Oliver Herb, Oliver Herb he is I've been doing that parent thing where I've been like, yeah, he's twelve weeks. I've been saying that for apparently twelve weeks. Because he's sixteen weeks now, he's not which parents talking weeks he's four months let's just break that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think louis your eldest. I think he's six months old. So it's mental now.
Speaker 2: So we've survived two under two and probably more relevant to this podcast, Let's be honest. Joined ABC as offside as host is just I mean, it's basically an extrapolation of this podcast. Getting to talk about the big issues in sport with an expert panel. It's a dream, dream gig. And when you're following the likes of of course you're Jared Witley, You're Kelly Underwood, Mary Cassidy, I know, way at the start like icons of Australian media, a litt alone Australian sports media. So it was a big old chair to film. I mean was about two weeks postpardon when I interviewed for it. Sure, sure, but that's just how this world works.
Speaker 1: How fun to be an icon because now you're one.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think you inherently when you're in the seat, you just don't get.
Speaker 1: To pretty sure, that's how it works.
Speaker 2: I think Kelly's now in OAM.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, so when I got letter from the King telling me that there's an honorary maybe I'll get to lean in, but no, very humbled and loving it so far.
Speaker 1: It's very, very fun. You've packed a lot in. What have I done in the off season? I did move house? Yes, yes, so that was my Everest? And did she make it all the way down again? I don't know. We're still we're still unpacking unpacking. Honestly, it's got to the stage where I'm like, ah, those boxes. Turns out we have an attic where I've managed to stuff them. I've never had an attic before, and I'm like, I'm not gonna unpack that. I'm just gonna put them up there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's great. It's great. I mean, it's not great to have a mental one because that show that breaks down, but it is good depth some one where you can shove things that sounds like you're moving up in life, but drop some names. Who you like. I mean, very recently Billie Eilish, Yeah, who else chattered to?
Speaker 1: Billy was the biggest one. Probably recently tried to ice Cube as well. Who else have I been chatting to?
Speaker 2: Billy said you smell nice, which you can't smell people through podcasts. Georgie is one of those people that has fragrance of wardrobe.
Speaker 1: That's right, I do. I do love a fragrance and did I specifically choose fragrance because I thought, you know, he would like this, Billy, and she bloody well did and I nailed it. So it was at the end of the interview and we're getting our little photo. Now this is not just I mean, yes, she did love me, sorry, she did love me, but everyone got a photo.
Speaker 2: Billy didn't request it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah so me. No, other people may have got photos with her too. But anyway, during my photo with Billy, she was just like, you smell amazing. What is that?
Speaker 2: And I was like, what was it?
Speaker 1: Pheromones? It was just me Actually, no, no, no, it's d S and Durga. I don't know what. Now that is the fragrance. Every time I tell people I don't know what, they're like, Okay, what gatekeeping bloody fragrance.
Speaker 2: That's a wild I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: But that is Billy Eilish's favorite scent. And she was just divine, just divine, you know what.
Speaker 2: She's good sport We should probably give some sporty chat. We both went to the tennis.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, we did we talked to ash Party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, we did talk to eld.
Speaker 1: We Oh yeah that business.
Speaker 2: Yes, women in sport, we did enjoy that. Thank you, Emirates. But what was your take on the OS Open?
Speaker 1: I mean, once again, incredible event, incredible event in light of events that have happened after that. Fascinating. Isn't it a fascinating time, especially in the men's game.
Speaker 2: I found the men's finals so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I mean, I not I mean, I don't want to just absolutely criticize the entire competition. I found the final of the men's game boring. I found the women's finals so entertaining. It was amazing, And quite often we would have the opposite discussion, so we'd be like, oh, yeah, the women's game was it was okay, the final it was alright, it was all right, but there's usually a clear winner.
Speaker 2: This one exceptional Madison keys that she had And yeah, excenta. Of course we are going to we're getting into deep dive territory.
Speaker 1: We might on that down the track becoming up.
Speaker 2: It is going to be one of the big inns I think of twenty twenty five discussing doping in sport. But what that leads us to what is going to be the outshat today. We're going ins and outs for twenty twenty five, hi brow, low brown, everything in between that's coming up next.
Speaker 1: Jellm me something that is just inescapable. Every single time and New Year kicks off? Are these ins and outs lists? And while I've not loved them from other outlets, oh, you best believe I was excited to hear ours.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, when you're like, let's do our ins and outslets, I was like, gott, I hate those, Yeah, sure, sure, because I just feel like it's so self serving to be like I am the deciding body of what is in, what is out? But for us funny and the other point I would like to hear yours. So I sport as a whole, but obviously more leaning into the codes that we enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, definitely and always there's going to be some curveballs. There's going to be a few curveballs popping up in mind.
Speaker 2: We don't know each other's we've done individual ones. Will there be overlap more than likely, But Georgie, it's a fresh year, it's a fresh season twenty twenty five. It's going to be bigger than better. Do we say that every year? Sure? But I believe it. So hit me, what are your inns for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: My number one in Nathan Cleary?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I know, not something different.
Speaker 1: Something different. No, look, I just from what I saw over in Vegas the NRL's opening round confirmed he's going to be an absolute superstar once again. Was there that much doubt that it would happen again? I mean, you know, you can live in hope, you can live in hope that he might just have a slightly average, a slightly average game. Doesn't seem like it's going to be happening this year. So Nathan Cleary, the Penrith Panthers superstar who broke my heart in the Grand File against the Prisin Broncos a couple of years ago, I mean, I'm over it. I'm over it. I never bring it up. Unfortunately, I think he is I mean, unfortunately for Penrith Pans, but unfortunately for myself as the Queens and found a Broncos fan. I think he is very much in. He's not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Penrith's still in because they've had some big off seasons changes they are.
Speaker 1: Oh I was hoping that they weren't going to be To be honest, I was like, come on, share it round, share the skill around, share the passion round, share the form around. They'll be there. They'll be a top four side.
Speaker 2: No god, okay, next Oscar Pistre oh yeah, massive in yeah yeah, yeah yeah, but I've never been more in.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is in the best car heading into the Australian Grand Prix, and I think that we are going to see him on podium after podium after podium this season. What this is a two pronged dare I say a compound in? So we have Oscar Piastre is going to be in and therefore by default stay with me. Lando Norris's villain arc, so his teammate at McLaren. Oh yeah, not Lando, Lando the villain arc. Has it gone anywhere? No, but the green Goblin of our dreams. He is going to be back and he is going to be featuring as the side eye man.
Speaker 2: If the was an animal, he'd be a squirrel. But you can't hate him, you know you can't.
Speaker 1: You love it. I love the pettiness. I love the pettiness that just drips from every pore of him and he seems to just be like, hmm, okay, just waiting in the wings. I just love it and I cannot wait for the time when McLaren says Lando let oscar pass.
Speaker 2: In saying that you and I are going to an event with Lando next week, which you won't be going petty. You'll be like, Hi, can I have a photo? I smell nice?
Speaker 1: I smell nice. I smell nice. I'll lean in. I'll lean in with the fragrance just wafted out.
Speaker 2: That's just what context Georgie did. Try to get a chat with Lando, and no one has ever given a don't argue more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was channeling Dustin Martin to be honest.
Speaker 2: Just did a right walk by. Okay, what's next?
Speaker 1: Okay next. I think this is a very important one. I think you and I are both aligned here. Critical analysis of women's thought bang. Yes, so a lot of times I think women's but now we are demanding that it be taken seriously and therefore what comes with that is proper analysis of where.
Speaker 2: It's at, and that can be critical and it's allowed to be critical. And we saw that during the women's ashes, where the English side got absolutely served in the media here and abroad, essentially saying you cannot rock up to international competition and be this underpath. There are questions about their fitness. If you don't perform, you get criticized in the same way the email peers do. And we love that, Yes, we love that.
Speaker 1: So therefore, for me, I am looking to see a lot more analysis of women's sport, just because as women's sport becomes more and more prominent and lots more people go to the games and go to these events and support by actually being there bums on seats, that is what I'm saying is in as well. But with that obviously comes the constructive let's call it constructive criticism too.
Speaker 2: This is a.
Speaker 1: Controversial one for me, but I like it. The sinbin for the AFL, bring it in, Bring it in. I know it's not in, but I'm saying I wanted him. I want them to be a sinbin for the AFL. I would love that.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: What do you think I haven't even heard.
Speaker 2: I've been listening to a lot of talk back radio here in Melbourne. I haven't heard anyone else say bring the sinbin in. So it is a new concept that I haven't considered. But I mean particularly when we're thinking about cte yes and trying to put players off that sort of head high contact. If it's clearly deliberate, if it's alla Reese Walsh in Origin, Yeah, well, yeah, you've got to. I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: I don't see and I'm not saying maybe not ten minutes, but five minutes. Let's just open up the discussion. I'd love there to be a talking point about the sinbin for the AFL. I think ten minutes in AFL slightly to too much punishment. It's too harsh of a punishment for a team. But five minutes, if you, you know, no good onto the side into the naughty corner. I can see it. I can see it.
Speaker 2: I've been parenting too long because all I can think of is like, how long should you send the kitchen the room for the sinbin? Yeah, five minutes. I think they've lent the lesson. You can come back out apologize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you're done. It's so app that you mentioned Reese Welsh the love of my life.
Speaker 2: Maybe because.
Speaker 1: One of my inns nail polished on footy players. Yeah, and I've put Hello Reese with a love heart emoji.
Speaker 2: Also, Harry Garsard.
Speaker 1: Yes, Harry Garside, I'm into it, into it. I just love it when you are going to see personality which brings me to another in personalities, I want more nick curios style vibes from the athletes. Okay, let's be interesting.
Speaker 2: Well I'm going to cross that one off my list.
Speaker 1: You had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, coaches and athletes showing personality five exclamations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got brackets. Please, for the love of God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're getting there. I think we're getting We're going to have less one week at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, do you think so?
Speaker 2: I think so, Young Hawks, I've got my personality endorsements. You've got to you've got to show different bizazz to get brands on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Howcball may come up in one of my other lists today. Also in soccer US Young Soccer Use and I've got a little explainer here for our listeners that they are the male Matilda's, just in case you don't know who the soccer Us are. That's the male Matilda's. Are you womenplaining, I'm women's plaining. I am women explaining. And I think that twenty twenty five where you're going to see a rise, and this is fresh off the back of the Young Soccer Roose winning. I think it was the Asian Cup.
Speaker 2: They did so well it was yea, I was about to say it was our first Age division win in Asia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incredible. Out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: The Green shoots all look good. They just need to keep growing.
Speaker 1: And I think that we're going to see some positive results for the soccer US as they are chasing that direct qualification to the World Cup. So I think that they are going to be back in our headlines. I've only got a couple more in my inns. Inns, good merch. For the love of God, please give us good merch. I'm sick of the ugly prince. I'm sick of the clashing like patterns and all of this, Like, can we just buy a nice looking bucket hat?
Speaker 2: Please? So many that correlate to keep going.
Speaker 1: Female owners of sporting teams. Yes, yes, So we've got Natalie Portman, Serena Williams, Williams most recently the WNBA team in Canada. So I am so excited that that seems to be a trend that is happening. That is a very big inn for me. That is my list here we go, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I just love that you finish on your note. Mine might be a little bit more low brown because my inn is pink girns. Do you know what that is, biable merchant, because the Sons have recently done their away kit in the pink, and I remember watching the Panthers in their pink and going, well, that's clever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I think Panthers jersey I am for which is almost one of my favorite jerseys.
Speaker 2: So I just you know again, I promise it does get a little bit more. But also as a follow on anyone but Penrith, my inn for five is anyone but Penrith, because as a journalist it's really hard without bringing out your hand to count back to back to back to back.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is to back. Yeah, we can't have five. We can't have a five. We can't have a five.
Speaker 2: Pete, it's greedy, not great for the game.
Speaker 1: No, it isn't another in Bruce, oh, Bruce.
Speaker 2: And commentary choice Okay, because for the first time in the AFL, we're going to have both Fox and seven providing commentary, so it's not just going to be your Fox team doing the intro to the game and then you get your seven callers. Essentially it is head to head and they are throwing everything in the kitchen. See hence Bruce mcaveney coming out of retirement like a phoenix from the ashes. For the love of God, have him do the brown low.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, he's the only way, to be honest, I think that in that I respect to everyone who is in part of those commentary teams. You need a Bruce to be able to compete with Fox and all of the games that they are just broadcasting this year.
Speaker 2: So this is an out that needed to be included in my inn to follow up that conversation in that free to air AFL on Saturdays is out.
Speaker 1: It's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think that it's been lost in the wash of this four point five billion dollar deal that people are going to sit down to watch their AFL that they know is on a Saturday afternoon and unless you are one of the people that has KO or Foxtel or Fox Sport, you're not going to be able to watch footy. And that's the first time that our great game has been behind a paywall on what is such an appointment day. And understandably Fox have gone Saturday Saturday with you know, Brownie and Rewolt having a sing on a piano because they're like, we have every game. So if you want to not have three soil lates a week to justify the price that you're going to be paying to watch footy, well part of.
Speaker 1: That should we say inns? Then for the pubs in the hospitality industry, because they are going to be overflowing from people who don't necessarily but Cozy.
Speaker 2: Lives, Oh yeah, can we afford to be going out every Saturday? And my concern is understandably seven is going to argue for the bigger clubs, yes, to not be hidden, so the smaller clubs that are already battling to keep engaging members are going to be behind a paywall. So fans go, oh well I can't even see him play, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, so the smaller get smaller. I can't hide Collingwood in that slot.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things though that you won't realize the true impact of that until it's happening. So good one from you.
Speaker 2: Well, we also know opening round has been washed out, so I think round one people will realize what's actually happened because I don't think the outrage has met what it will actually be because people just don't realize how much their viewing habits are actually going to change. Yes, agreed in bombers in the eight oh men's bombers because we know that our women's side have won a final, so that stuff. But I reckon the bombers, mate, the eight.
Speaker 1: You can't lie to bomb.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to keep coming on the Wallabies. Oh, the Wallabies is set in a massive in because we have the British and Irish line tour, but also your mate Joseph Kuso sulii have I had to learn how to pronounce that quickly. Yes, I have the cross Coade Hopper, the highest pay the player in union. Has just been an absolute master stroke.
Speaker 1: And it was even doubt, never in doubt that he was going to do well, Oh, never in doubt. It was like when Israelph Laut, whatever you think about him, it was like when he was brought over to rugby union and everyone's like, oh, I mean, it's such a different game. Will he even be good? Just like the single handedly like best rugby union player you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Well, he's also playing positions that he hasn't played since high school. True, that's how much of a freak this kid is. I mean, we've already seen what he did for the Wallaby's making his debut, if you don't mind in the Code for the Wallabies in front of eighty thousand hostile fans, in twigger them and being Player of the Test. It was just ridiculous. So I think get your Wallabies gurnsy out you all had as a kid, blow the dust off it and get excited. And also we have Bash Shrugby enough on this podcast that we feel the need to say something generally positive about the Code, putting family first in that well. And this is obviously off the back of a list that I wrote this morning, Lucky Neil coming out and saying, well, if the AFL wanted to move the opening round game to Melbourne, I wouldn't be going because I've got two young kids at home and there's a cyclone about to hit my house. I think that this idea that players just have to do what is best for the Code as opposed to what's best for their family. And again I sort of extrapolate this wider to the Luka Doncic's trade and the fact that he just got traded had no idea and within forty eight hours it needs to move to La. My brain goes to does he have like kids and a wife that might have her own life, and like, are these players just chess pieces? And we've seen in the NRL. The NRL have said, well, the Dolphins are going to play the bunnies and just get on the.
Speaker 1: Plane, and there has been backlash for that, Like I've called it disgusting because you're going to be left at home pregnant with two young kids.
Speaker 2: There's a natural disaster hitting and you're taking you're taking the linesman like the big unit that's gonna help me sandbag this shit? Absolutely not. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Do you think that that is going to hold for the whole twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I really enjoyed that Locke Neil, who's a two time Brownlow medalist, coming out and saying I wouldn't be going and I went, you know what, in I'm about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: I think the Rus go back to back in the AFLW. Yeah, I think they didn't drop a game. I think it's a very very pretty in from me behind the scenes documentaries.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow.
Speaker 2: We okay, I'm just buddy, because is that you're out there.
Speaker 1: Is an out for me that might be correlating to this. You go with your one.
Speaker 2: Oh cool cool spoil last my old keep pushing on athletes and coaches showing personality. We've already touched on that. Annabelle Sutherland being the new Elise Perry.
Speaker 1: Ah, I like that. That's a big inn. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I just think she's a star. We love Elise cte discussion and prevention. Did it go anywhere it needs to go somewhere?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, because I think we're going to see a decline in youth participation in some of these contact sports unless we do something about it. And particularly I look at the AFL. We're introducing more clubs, but we need more talent coming through. And hypothetically, as a parent of two young boys who might want to play contact sport, knowing what we know, it's really difficult to think of your kid getting tackled in their head, hitting the ground and you, as a responsible parent, making that choice for them to participate, unless you can see that changes are being made. Because this is very very real.
Speaker 1: You know what could help with that? Sin Bins in the AFL now, just bringing it back, just bringing it back, just bringing it back. It's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Last, but not least Kyrie in Greening, Oh my god, do it now? Do it now? Have him walk out in La on his broken ACL which apparently he did overnight. I was like, well that's stuff, smilist. But Kyrie Irving playing for the Boomers if you're a yeah, I understand why you're against it, because, let's be honest, not a molecule of that man identifies as Australian. He left here when he was two, his dad was Australian. Sure, he's played for the USA in.
Speaker 1: One gold, but arguably he's the most Australian of us all because we claim him. You're born here, half bought, like the most Russell Crowe, Salah Neil far Lap, like he's ours, he is our. So I like it.
Speaker 2: I like that he wants to join the Boomers out of spite, which makes me think because he's like team USO over look me, look at me now, and do you know who plays well? Athletes that are jaded and don't be wrong. I know that we've got amazing Josh Green, Josh Giddy. We've also got the great Barrier thief in Dyson Daniels. Tell me there's a better nickname in world sport. You can't. We've got these young players coming through that I think is so strong. But imagine they get to learn from Akyrie because he could potentially dare I say it, Patty Mills, who knows if he's going to make it to LA. We've got these aging players and.
Speaker 1: Kyrie aging as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's Kyrie. He's like Oprah. He just needs one name, Kyrie. Anyway, as you can't tell, I'm for it. Yeah, but anyway, I'm with it.
Speaker 1: I agree. I'll have you. I'll have that.
Speaker 2: Have you got docos out?
Speaker 1: Okay? So yeah, do we begin the outs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We begin the outs. Here we go.
Speaker 2: We might find out the list.
Speaker 1: This could be our first fight. Yep. Okay, here we are. So I've put and I've written it with you in mind sporting docos asterisk. Not every team on Earth deserves the last dance drive to survive treatment. They don't. They just don't. You are taking away the magic of that concept. If every single under fifteen fourteen can have someone with a GoPro like no, no, no, no, no, we need to keep it special. The asterisk is a Germy asterisk because it says sprint is obviously it's fitted. Noah Lyles is always in my other outs.
Speaker 2: I really value being considered. Thank you out.
Speaker 1: This is gonna sound weird with where how I began my in's list. Nathan Cleary out, get out, Get out with your form, get out with your talent, get out with just winning absolutely everything. Okay, I've had enough. I've had it absolute enough. All right, while you're gonna be the greatest player again in the league this year, just don't, maybe, just don't.
Speaker 2: Will he be an a mortal?
Speaker 1: Yes, he's on his ways one hundred percent on his way, which is a wild call for me because to say this early on in his career, he's still likes four years of age.
Speaker 2: Like it is not like AFL Hall of Fame. This is like immortals. Is a whole difference.
Speaker 1: He's he's on his way. He is that good, he is that good. His conversions from the sideline in Vegas, I was like, get out, get it, like he just every aspect of his game is amazing. It's annoying. Yeah, out, y'are out, bubb You can't have it all. Now, I think you're gonna like this one very important out from me. Stay with me here, Yannick Sinner in baseball caps, Let the red locks fly? Why are you hiding your gorgeous hair?
Speaker 2: Obviously this apide from drug testing, George, he's a heart feat away from shaving it.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding Ben Cousin style? Obviously this is post ban. He can come back get But how your mentoring baseball caps off him?
Speaker 2: How's he meant to look Gucci preppy without a cap?
Speaker 1: You know? How he looks even more Gucci preppy with that hair, with that hair and that beautiful bone structure. Okay, that's that's my that's my take.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We might get into the cynodoping in tennis that could happen, ha ha, but we should also talk about the baseball caps. Now. Wow, I've actually written this in a stream of consciousness that flows quite nicely if I do so so myself. My next out mullets.
Speaker 2: Yeah gone, and that weird ear shaving.
Speaker 1: I've said they're done, surely, Sure, they're done.
Speaker 2: No, but you know when it's like their hair is scared of their and I have given just like a good inch. Yeah, clearance I do. It's like the relaxed Dustin Martins.
Speaker 1: It can go, it can go, it can go. Like and when I say that, you know, when someone's like, yeah, what have you been doing, it's like, oh, I finished Netflix, We've finished mullets, Like there cannot be anymore. There cannot be any more iterations. You're out. In twenty twenty five, archaic misogynistic analysis of women's sport. Yeah, that's gone. That's gone. We've had enough of it. We want critical analysis, serious critical analysis. Keep all of your other things, extraneous comments to yourself on from that. The phrase women's sport out, Yes, it's always out you and I've said that on this podcast before. We loathe it. It can be women in sport, women's sport. It's just sport, sick of it, sick of it. So that's out hockball.
Speaker 2: Or we can give you men's sport if you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can talk about men's sport one hundred percent hockball. The phrase I've said out because the phrase means nothing, not the style of play, like the style of play for the whole great hockball, disgusting, get out. I don't want it. I don't want the name. It has merch with it on it. I was like, you are wearing that in public with me?
Speaker 2: Get out?
Speaker 1: Get out? I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Robert, who's filthy? He's not the number one ticket holder. Look sorry, but it's one of those ones that no one publicly will confirm what hockball means. Yes, and I just think it's unnecessary.
Speaker 1: It's so unnecessary. It's so unecessary. If you're getting flagged for writing hackball on Instagram caption and it says no, some of this might be offensive that may have happened to Robert before purely using that word. I think we don't need it, and we don't need it on merch. Let's just circle back to good merch that's in not this one toxic fan behavior out out a league. Hello, but more so more so, I think this parasocial dynamic that fans have now with athletes, athletes are the new celebrities. We saw it most recently with Emma Radikhanu who was playing a match. Yes, and there was a stalker in the crowd.
Speaker 2: Which can you imagine how terrifying it is knowing that someone wants to find you and they can look up a schedule to find exactly where you.
Speaker 1: Are, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm just terrifying.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. You can support your players, you can love your favorite players, but you have to have some sense of reality that they're not your friend. And also, except for everyone who I love, they're my best friend.
Speaker 2: If you gamble and lose because of that player out is sliding into their DMS abusing them. Yes, like you sad, sad human beings, and you're seeing more often players to sharing it now. Yeah, yeah, Dan Christian recently just shared some of the hate that he was getting. It's crazy in cricket and every The guy then replied being like, you can't share this, and it's like, well, you can't come into my direct messages saying that you're going to hurt my family because I may have had a bad game, Like what is what are you?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Adult behavior?
Speaker 1: Last couple from me out the NRL bunker and in brackets, I've called it useless. Why do you get everything wrong? It's inexplicable. You have so many cameras. I can watch and see what's going on from my loungry.
Speaker 2: The NL final last year wasn't going.
Speaker 1: Nerl bunker out, and then I finished off with the very serious one heels They're out for all time, goodbye, just in a life, just heels, just heels. I just want to make that stand. Is the hill that I'm going to die on? No, he'lls not.
Speaker 2: The heel You're going to die on the hill, the hill you're gonna die on? All right? My out's tall poppy syndrome. Oh, if we're going to allow people to have personality, we can't cut them down.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 2: We can't say that we want this American style. Let us in, show us who you are and then go, but don't show us that much who you are. So you're Sam constious, Let him be Sam constious. Yep, okay, because we need to have people that we can talk about. And initially I'll be the first to say, I'm a bit of a funny duddy with this stuff. So funny duddy. Wow. Our old one person said wow, okay. But when he wore sneakers to meet the PM, yes, my initial response is to go, mate, like put on and some shoes the way that everyone else does. And then I just went, you know what, it's giving me something to talk about, and I feel like I know you better to know that you wear green stampers. That's okay, that's okay, it's okay. Also, this is the Alona mar of it all right?
Speaker 1: Yes, she was asked about, you know, getting imposter syndrome, and she was just like, I don't have that.
Speaker 2: Who is she? What's that? I don't sensational?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How do you overcome imposter syndrome?
Speaker 3: I don't have that?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what that it's you don't feel like you deserve it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think I have it?
Speaker 1: Okay, how is that possible? I feel like imposter syndrome ruins my life Sometimes I feel like I deserve what I've gotten. Incredible, incredible from HER's in.
Speaker 2: We both did, but she's an in. Oh this is my number one bug bear in sport. Oh wow, significant wow. Overuse of the term star. If I have to look up the phonetics, I'll give you a hot tip. They're not a star, Oh my gosh. And is it clear that I'm no longer working at commercial television. You cannot tease to every break saying a star midfielder is out for one of our main teams and then have it be someone who's never played the game. Yeah yeah, yeah, yah yah yeah drop unless unless they've made all Australian. In my head, the star is loose.
Speaker 1: It's like the term using the term hero.
Speaker 2: It's lazy. You're like, it's a lazy this one. Okay, I've got this is a bit more high problem, convenient morality.
Speaker 1: Oh, explain it to me.
Speaker 2: Live golf. Oh yeah, Australia playing Afghanistan in ICC events but refusing to do bilateral competitions.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Players that get four thousand chances that are still having discussions with VFL clubs when their behavior towards women is despicable, despicable, and they've been given a million. Of course, I don't even want to mention his name, but there are certain players that shouldn't get another chance of the AFL period because whether you like it or not, these people go on to be idols. As soon as you wear a guernsey, you are looked up to by young children, and some people don't get another chance at that when they have threatened and abused women, particularly for a long period of time. That is a hill that I will die on. But I just think you cannot have a violence against women awareness round. Oh yes, and then say, oh, we can't close the door on this guy. You can and you absolutely need to.
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued to see if not even just the AFL, but if all codes could adhere to that this year. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: But live Golf's another one. Right, there was all this and then it's because it's just become part of the normality. Now everyone's like, oh, lives fun. I'm like, remember how problematic this was because of the people that we're taking money from. But they have DJs, so it seems fun. Yeah, And don't get me wrong, it does seem fun. But I just think that there has to be if you're going to make a stance against something, you can't eventually go all right, okay, we'll give it another shot.
Speaker 1: There's a butt. It's like yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah out.
Speaker 2: Cyclonic weather ruining the first round of honestly opening round.
Speaker 1: Scipline Alfred did you know apparently was meant to be called cyclone Anthony but Albania that we can't do that?
Speaker 2: Is that fat?
Speaker 1: I think that's true. I think that's true.
Speaker 2: I think that's true.
Speaker 1: Well, I've heard it. I've heard it at the water cooler and also said.
Speaker 2: Because then I believe that.
Speaker 1: I mean, well I think it was said by Samuel Thornton, so we also because I was like, that is that is an actual storyline from one of my favorite shows of all time, Veep, when president is Julia Louis Dreyfors and she's the vice president and she was there being the president as there was a hurricane Selena was coming and that's her name, and she was just like in a cupboard with her advisor being like, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Kill it, get rid of it. Was it actually meant to be Anthony?
Speaker 1: That is we've got producing team, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Can you imagine Albo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So just you know what's not good?
Speaker 2: Speaking of Albow, do you know there was an article in The Australian where we bookended him what do you mean? As in they had a certain now out of a job shock jocks speaking poorly about the Matilda's. They had a quote from Georgie Tunney, a quote from the PM and then a quote from me and I just feel like, no matter which way you cut that one of us, you saved the PM. I really enjoyed that. I was like, you're in a two good sports sandwich Anthony you cyclone you, I didn't know that that's hilarious and that checks out. But I do think it's the most get rid of opening round Round zero.
Speaker 1: I can't it's the worst in the AFL.
Speaker 2: I demand the right to watch my team play. I know it's traditional, but I want to sit down and watch Carlton and Tigers, no matter how lopsided that contest or affair.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, okay, gotcha, I do. I'm with you. I'm with you out Sadly, I think if a BYuT default, they're an in but out with psychlonic conditions games.
Speaker 2: I've just got booing with eight o's. I just don't think we need to boom.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can.
Speaker 2: Don't have to cheer for people, but you don't have to boot.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: People are in the workplace, they're having a crack call me woke, whatever performative round dedications. I think everyone knows how we feel about the domestic. Like I just think, unless it's really going to stand for something and there's education behind it, you know, just don't do it. Ridiculous bands for doping are out, so as much as we can all question what's happening with the ANIX sinner. I think the ban actually befits the crime at this point, so as much as everyone might go, that's ridiculous, Usually it gets slapped with two years. Well maybe we've just been a shift in the tide where we're going to see more reasonable bands for sports people.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay for it.
Speaker 2: It was a performance enhancing shoeies see never.
Speaker 1: Out, see out, never never in again.
Speaker 2: They were fading in twenty twenty four. Now I reserve the right that if you drink from a shoot, to call you a Darrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, because I can see it. Like imagine if Oscopiastri does win, you know he's going to do a shoey.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, it's not. It's Danny's leave it to Danny. Danny can do anything, you know what.
Speaker 1: I love Daniel Ricardo and he gave a lot of joy to a lot of people, but he also should be arrested and put.
Speaker 2: To the shoey. The shoey especially, I can't driving for that long. Can you imagine how filthy it's so hot in there, the sweat I feel like anyway, if you can't tell, I really feel strongly about this. A billion chances after despicable behavior. He's out, he's out. Yes, what what were your headlines there? That's that's both of ours. I think.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we've solved well sport is what I've Yeah, just printed print it. We will actually, I think we will put these lists up on our Instagram page. Yeahs already follow us?
Speaker 2: How much you love mine? More than Georgia Excu.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, heels. I think I'll have an army behind me with those on the end.
Speaker 2: You can't have Nathan Cleary in both.
Speaker 1: If it makes sense, I can, and I've done it. I think you'll find I have done it. So yes, let us know what are your ins and outs? We would love to know your ins and outs for twenty twenty five when it comes to sport, when it comes to your life as well, just let us know. As always, you can follow us on at too Good Sports.
Speaker 2: I've got a fun fact, yes, and he was one of my inns. You'd be surprised that no track and field featured in my inns wells because I was saving it for the fun fact. Because we have a prodigy. His name is Gout. Gout He's only seventeen years young. We have Noah Larles talking about him, You say Bolt talking about him. And the reason why is he's broken the two hundred meter record in Australia with a blistering pace of twenty point zero four seconds. So that records too for fifty six joys. But I fun fact.
Speaker 1: That's a good fun fact.
Speaker 2: His name's not calcult, what is it? It's what what the pronunciation we've been and this is his dad explaining why.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to be g u.
Speaker 3: Ot some when I see people called God God, I'm not really happy for it. When we come from Sudan, I know how to expect what but the man when he did the dark Man, he makes the letters. Yeah, but sometime I was unhurried. So nothing I can do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The Australian people, they want to make it short name. That's why they call God God. But it's not her for bread name because I know God God is a disease name. But I don't want myself to be called the ze name. His name is God. He's got to be.
Speaker 2: G u Ot.
Speaker 3: I call God God. I'm not really happy for it.
Speaker 2: Good good what what? So phonetics is g w O T.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, listeners, because this man is going to win Olympic golds in the future, so let us just stamp out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the poor guy's like gout, oh Google, gout. No, that's not what I called my son. Let me just can we change that back?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What? What? So love this, listeners, Yes, you can be the enlightened. His name is not coutcout, as you will hear across networks, because once things are out in the ethos, it's.
Speaker 1: Very hard to bring them, hard to take him back.
Speaker 2: But given he's seventeen, I don't want him to have to live with it and his poor dad being like, have you ever gone through customs? Probably not, it's busy. They're mixing up the form. So we just wanted to move country. Let it beat.
Speaker 1: Quat quat love it. That's it in Stone we know from now on, and so whenever anyone comes at us, because we know you will, we love you listeners, but you always come through the back guys, and it's goutcout. Would I cut up?
Speaker 2: No, it's not, it's really not.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm glad that we've solved that, and we've solved everything that's happening in sport in twenty twenty five. It's good to be back. We've come in hot, We've come in real hot, real hot as usual. Thank you so much, Gelmy thank you to our producers. Too Good Sports is an iHeart production. We're going to catch you next week, but until be Good Sports