Speaker 1: All right, Part two The Mason Cock Show.
Speaker 2: Now we've got the breview of round one coming up, and we're also going to talk about do you want to get straight into a breakin the GWS game that we played.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, okay, yeah, I think people have been waiting for it. GWS Giants versus Collingwood Football Club. I won't even mention where it took place. I won't go that far. But there was some banter going into the games, which we love. We love banter, we love friendly banter, and a bit of marketing to sell some of the tickets, to make some of the make some of the squid heading into the game. So there was some back and forth. We had a petting zoo out there at the stockyards. It was great. We had a laugh. There was a cutout of yourself there, not that you would have seen it because you would have been down in the rooms. But yeah, it was all fun and games, you know. And then there was the pregame warm up, which is normally pretty uneventful, but in this circumstance it was quite eventful. Something happened and it was put out into the world as chaos. Chaos reigned, So essentially, I'll break down what we saw as pundits watching the vision, and you can explain if that's what happened or because it sounded like it sounded like GWS. We're in there doing their rock craft and Mason Cox comes in off the square and bang through the center of the pack, knocks into poor defenseless Shane Mumford. And that's the vision that we saw. Now everyone wants to know from your mouth, what happened, from your perspective, what happened in this circumstance.
Speaker 2: Geez, that would play really well into the storyline of the week, wouldn't it, Brandon, wouldn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I think obviously, like there's been a lot of commentary around it. I've stayed off social mediaca, so I know it's a pretty hectic place with a lot of different things that are going on at the moment. But yeah, the whole story behind it, I probably didn't even think about it really, to be honest, until late that night I saw someone kind of mention it to me through text message. But yeah, before the game, as you do, each team, you know, gets to do a bit of a warm up center bounce, the rockman get to jump against the bag and each team, you know, is able to do that beforehand.
Speaker 1: So we did it. DC went and did a few jumps.
Speaker 2: I went and did a few jumps, and in this particular circumstance, you know, the very last one I was gonna do, we had the bagman there. DC was holding the bag and the bounce actually went pretty much outside of the circle, and I asked the umpire, I said, oh, do you mind if I just have one more real quick and yet no worries and he goes to bounce it again. And I wasn't really looking at what was going on with youb as what was happening. I was just trying to get a real quick last one in there, and that was kind of my mentality to try to focus on the game, get through it. And yeah, you just take it out of the rock. You're like, okay, cool, Like you move on. I guess you know, it's their turn to get in there. Like I didn't jump into him, didn't stick a knee into him, didn't do anything kind of crazy even just kind of got out of the way.
Speaker 1: It was like, yep, cool, y'all's turn. No stress.
Speaker 2: Got at least one good bounce in and that was kind of the story, but apparently something else happened.
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: I did see the broadcast thing what BT said, and I think with broadcasts they get given vis of something, right, and that's just what they based it on. With that really understanding of what's probably going on behind the scenes or what's actually happened beforehand, and obviously the scenario of what was played out during the week and through the last world three months, I guess they've kind of play it out. It just made for good entertainment, right, I mean, it's it's pretty much just you know, one team warms up and the other team just kind of like kind of you know, pressures you out of it.
Speaker 1: And that's just the scenario of that.
Speaker 2: So for me, you know, whenever the umpire says you can do something, I go and do it.
Speaker 1: And that's what I did.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's the full story. That's turned into a bit of a whole debacle Bright and it's been a pretty wild forty eight hours. And like, to be honest, even after the game, like none of that. It was me probably playing a shit game. I was probably was more worried about what happened in a pre game between me and the next player who's now a coach there. It's it's kind of it's somewhat comical for me kind of sometimes the way media construes things and the way things are put out there, and I think nowadays with the way social media is, and you see one angle and you see one I guess perspective of it, and then people kind of make opinions based on that and comment on it.
Speaker 1: So you're kind of used to it by now.
Speaker 2: It's never ideal, but you do realize it's part of the media sphere. I'm sure it'll be commented on for the next like foot eight hours and whatnot. But to me, it's done. We've made the statement. I've made this little explanation of what it is we focus on Sydney.
Speaker 3: I saw it the first time like most people, through social media, and I knew there had to be more to it because you could see the Collingwood bag man in close vicinity. You could see the umpire bouncing the ball in the background, so I knew that had to be.
Speaker 1: Not don't let the truth get in the way of a good story break.
Speaker 3: It was a good continuation of the storyline that had been building on the way in now you did say that you weren't really aware of it until after the game, and it seems that GWS, the guys in the video weren't really aware either, because it doesn't sound like GWS have wanted a follow up. They didn't ask to investigate. It's kind of been driven by this broadcast vision that appeared online. AFL only really wanted to to investigate off the back of that.
Speaker 2: So and we've never the wild thing is like, ah this you know, I guess like you know, rivalry wherever you want to call it, that's been played up. We've talked about on this podcast many a times how good Gobas they were your team last year, like we talked about being like a top four team. We've given him a heap of credit and everything else, but that that's not important, Braydon. That doesn't make the news. That doesn't make what. You know, people want to hear. They want to hear something that's going to spark interest. And can Korn's Yeah, I made a statement about something that JJ Reddick put out there recently about people sometimes are more in tune too, you know, that kind of clickbait media that's going to get headlines rather than actually what's happened?
Speaker 3: And he did also make comment on this. He's a lot of people have made comments the podcast corns.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: We have been waiting for the podcast to drop to hear it directly from your mouth. And that's what I think is the most disappointing part for me was that this has been out there without much context for people to run wild with be reported on, you know, public opinion. I think it wasn't a great move on GWS's social media team's behalf, because I know that they're trying to be edgy and they've got this really good brand building. But to put the clip up post game like they know exactly what they're doing, it's inviting vitriolic abuse towards a player with the caption will let you caption this? You know what the internet does. It's not going to go oh like post funny things or harmless things. It's going to be pretty vitriolic stuff towards yourself and the AFL doubling down posting the clip with a please explain. Both of those together got a thousand comments.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine too many of those impositives.
Speaker 3: Scrolling through some of those comments, it was pretty disgusting, to be fair, But yeah, I thought it was a bit disappointing that, you know, they put it up. They knew the reaction that it would draw. You can't work in social media and not expect that reaction when you put up something like that in a you know, a day and age where playerfare I should be front and center. I just felt like you were thrown to the wolves.
Speaker 2: I think I understand the AFL side of it, like, you know, you talk about grass roots footy and wanted to make sure the right image comes out there. And you know, people are you know, being able to look up to role models that do these kind of things right now. I get it from the AFL standpoint of, you know, please explain, that's what we'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll send them a message.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's kind of weird whenever you, I guess, interact with a lot of people at AFL and you have to go through these processes. They're very formal and everything else where. I feel like if you just wanted to chat to me, like you have my phone number, you're my boss, just call me, just call me.
Speaker 1: So I totally understand.
Speaker 2: From the AFL's perspective, of like the visual of it and all that they have the footage, they'll look at it, they'll kind of see it as it is, and you know, we'll see kind of what they say from it. But yeah, I totally understand both sides of the you know, the coin and you know, Braden, that's I understand kind of what you're saying, and that's you know, that's all part of it. We've seen many times these things happening through the media. I'm not I'm kind of a bit of an adult, I guess, and a bit older and can kind of deal with it and understand how it works. But you know, I've seen younger guys come through the system that I've had to deal with it. Those are the ones I think you probably, you know, a bit more wary of.
Speaker 3: It was interesting, it was an interesting way to start and I was thinking, it's great that we've got to please explain and it's not even round one.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 3: I did ask you to do something the day. I did ask you to do something, you know, to get some attention going into the next game. But boy, oh boy, well we we've started strong.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're going to do next week, but you know, keep the eyes peeled for this one coming.
Speaker 1: Out friend of mine, so we'll have a bit of trash.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he already started it. He said that he's going to grab your jump the next week after what you did to pick it. So it's going to be interesting. All right, Mace. That's enough of that incident because we've done it to death. We've we've talked about it.
Speaker 1: I've seen enough.
Speaker 3: Now we're moving on. We're moving on because there wasn't much to it. But let's jump into the game review. Because it wasn't great. It wasn't a great game. It wasn't fun to watch from a skill standpoint. You seem to have a lot of the ball you being Collingwood, you personally not as much. But yeah, Collingwood's inaccuracy woes. You had more scoring shots, and the data came out after it the expected score taking into consideration everything, it had you guys winning. So there's a lot of doom and gloom about this game. But I feel like there's a few more, you know, polishes that you could do to some performances. Kick a couple straighter goals and Bob's your uncle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot closer game that's for sure. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was such an interesting game going out there, like it was the credits tows. We've talked about them on the podcast. We'll say it again multiple times. They're a good squad. Their defense is your team for the year.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I said that probably kicked down from you didn't have a gun to my head last week. But yeah, I think their defense is so stingy. It was in there so much and you just weren't kicking goals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they've got a very good defense.
Speaker 2: Taylor who plays back there and haven't with them stuff through the game.
Speaker 1: He's a hell of defender.
Speaker 2: And they've got quite a few others that are back there that are really good at doing their job. And yeah, over the weekend, they just seem to be getting you know, so much, I guess, like run off back and then the turnover and be able to get into their fifty and do it efficiently.
Speaker 1: I think was a big thing.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like a lot of those shots were set shots, you know, where you know, we were having shots from further out and you know, snaps and things like that that we're trying to convert now. But like you said, we weren't you know, as you know, great in front of goal as far as accuracy, and that's that's part of it. If we were a little bit better and be a bit of a closer score, who knows.
Speaker 1: What would happen.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they outplayed us, and it's you know, it's just part of the game.
Speaker 1: You know, can be.
Speaker 2: Able to win every single one Bright and this is part of the experience, right, But yeah, credit goes to him.
Speaker 3: On the flip side, you know, it's a bit of an overreaction. Colling would go up there. You're actually underdogs going into a GWS away game and you know, fair income. The home team won and it was like the biggest shock ever. But will we digress because as inaccurate as Collingwood was, g w Wes they couldn't miss they when in at one stage they went in four times for three goals and they had Cal Brown kick five straight.
Speaker 1: Jesse Hogan, they're efficient.
Speaker 3: Jesse Hogan the Hulk, he hold up kick.
Speaker 1: Four big hands on the day.
Speaker 3: Brett Daniels he kicked four. Now, Toby Green, I don't know if you remember this goal, but he's getting tackled, he's on the boundary and he Bana na nah is it through straight through the middle and it's like these guys are taking the piss. He couldn't kick give us one of them down the other end. But yeah, it was incredible to watch their highly skilled team and they are a very fun team to watch. Now that they're not playing Collingwood from now on, I can jump back on a bit. Fun aren't to watch when they're not up against Collingwood because jeez, they're good. They're clinical almost the way that they kick it around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're going to be one of those teams that is a big force in the league. And you know, they do live up in Sydney so that so you don't really see probably as much of the media around it here in Melbourne. But they're going to come down and really, you know, shake it up. There's a lot of teams are off the top of the ladder. They're going to you know, put the sword to and it's going to be an interesting year. Like I think they're going to be one of those teams that's definitely going to be up to the top of the ladder at the end of it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it was it was a good a good experience for us to go up.
Speaker 2: There, and you know, we'll learn from that, we'll move on from it, and it's just part of the you know, part of the season. Really like it's one game out of a much larger experience, and you know, we'll learn from it, and well, we'll make the most of the you know, the situation, and we'll be able to hopefully apply some of those learnings to Sydney this week.
Speaker 3: I think they evened it up on you because I reckon you tore them a bit of a new one last time and Sam Taylor, you took a mark O rim kicked the goal and geez, Sam Taylor is just a good defenders. Is let's touch on your game. We'll just do a little quick, quick, quick little bit. I just want to know, because everyone wants to know what's going through your head at halftime when you haven't had a touch of the pill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's it's kind of one of those things. I don't really probably stress about it too much. You kind of you think of it, right, and you think of like the contest you're in, and you know, they had a very kind of like tall back line that sense of like they you know, had a lot of a lot of tolls on the team that were coming across and all that, and yeah, sometimes you're not going to have a million marks in the game, like sometimes you're rolling the teams to bring the ball to ground. You know what, I've liked to take in more marks in that game. Of course, I think that's pretty obvious statement there. But I think you kind of look at that and you go, Okay, let's just focus on the things I can do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: That's part of my role to try to kind of turn this thing around. And you know, there's there's things in the rock that I was, you know, focusing on trying to make the most of my time in there if the Ford stuff wasn't going as well, and you know, it's it's one of those things that you're not going to be on every single game.
Speaker 1: And yes, I was off on the weekend. That's that's part of it.
Speaker 2: I think it just given the scenario and the circumstances, it was probably you know, extrapol it out to be a lot bigger deal. But yeah, I think in the game, you're going to halftime and you know, I wouldn't have known if I had to touch it out, to be honest, So I can't really try to worry about that too much. But I know I hadn't kicked a goal, like you know, I've done well in center bounce in that sense, but you know, there was probably a bit more impact I was wanting to have on the game and I wasn't having at that time. And you know, you obviously look at it and you go, okay, how can I turn this around? You know what's happens happens in the past, and you know, you just look towards the future.
Speaker 3: And it's always good because it's I feel like it's either you stand up and have a good one and DC is a little quiet, or d C stands up vice versa. D C twenty touches to go right around the ground. It's good to see. We will talk about some positives. Charlie Dean playing his first game. He was thrown into the fire. He had to play on Jesse Hogan up in the forward line.
Speaker 1: Not an easy task, not an easy task, not.
Speaker 3: An easy task to line up against any of their forwards, the very dynamic. But it was good to see him out there first game get rewarded for, you know, all the work that he's done in the leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he's an incredible story. Like he's had very unfortunate circumstances with his feet and injuries and everything else throughout his career and to be able to finally get that, you know, the opportunity to share it with his family that came up and everything else.
Speaker 1: It's it's one of those things that makes you think back.
Speaker 2: To your first game, right and like the experience that was and being able to bring the people I mean so much to you into the you know, the opportunity that you get and to have him in the rooms and everything else, like obviously, you know, we would have loved to win that game. I'm sure him going into the room seeing his family after that would put a smile on his face and be like, you know, all these experiences of probably doubt at times or frustration around the injury and things like that, like to be able to finally have you know, a bit of light there to be like, oh, look like I've you know, I'm definitely making progress in my career and it's still kind of going in the direction I want. And it would have probably meant a lot to him as soon. And you know, like I said, you kind of think back to your first games, Like we had Lucky Schultz who plays first game for the club, and Langa's you know, Tom Langdon came in and gave a little little speech old number eight from back in the day. It was good to see him again, and yeah, he's got his family there and stuff too, And it's those kind of moments that you kind of think of and you're like, man, this is like a this is an experience in life you won't forget. You know, these are one of these kind of milestones that you always look finally back on and whenever you see someone else go through that, it definitely puts a smile on your face.
Speaker 3: I didn't know Langer's had that gear in him. He's been working on his stand up routine since he's been stepped away from footy. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen him do. For those who haven't seen the clip, he said, I'm going to give you a brief history on the number eight, which is what he's given to shooter Lucky Shultz, and he goes over to his backpack says, hold on our second boys, and he pulls out a massive binder full of paper because already you're ready. That's gold that's some good gear.
Speaker 1: It is good. It is very good.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of Tyson gold Sack whenever he retired. He goes, oh, I'm just going to cover a few things here, and he pulled out like the scrawl, and the scrawl fell to the ground and rolled out like another five meters in front of him.
Speaker 1: It was like, just a few things to take off. Boys, you got some time, don't you.
Speaker 3: Timeless classic, one of the best things that I've ever seen with my eyes. We've got Nick Daikos, not to be confused with his brother Josh. He just you know, destroyed gravity. There was a moment in time where he got the ball. He was in traffic, but he was off balance and he somehow kicks it with the outside of his boot, but it goes the reverse direction of gravity. And I don't know how he kicked it. I don't know how it went that far off no balance and no step. Yeah, Like I feel like there needs to be an investigation, Like it's witchcraft.
Speaker 1: It's witchcraft what he does with the footy.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he did it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've got to the point in my life now where I've seen dates do so many frequently good things that I just don't question it. Yeah, I'm just like, you know what, there's just some people that are just gifted with just inate abilities that I know I will never have. And that's okay, that's all right. He'll never be seven feet that's fine, he'll never be six for eleven and that's.
Speaker 3: Just gut it.
Speaker 1: That's the facts of life. Okay.
Speaker 3: You can get stuff from the top shelf. That's he has to ask for help. You have to get a little step on light ball with no issue. Dang done. You have the duck going into doors. That's not really a pro.
Speaker 2: But I took a flight. We talked about me on flights going to the restroom. That's a bit of a sight.
Speaker 3: Just don't But I thought that was crazy. I watched the replan. I was like, you can't actually do that, So can we just call it back because we need to do that again now. Bo McCreary, he's savage. He needs to be locked up because he just he tackles with an intensity and a ferocity. There was moments where I don't know why if you can hear him or see him, or he's breathing on your neck, just get rid of the freaking because you're about to be smashed. And he did it a couple of times, got a couple of free kicks. But there was one incident where he grabbed Callen Ward. Now callen Ward, he's nicknamed Cement. Heead like he's a solid bloke, and he just smashed him into the ground. Fair tackle because obviously nothing no case stands for smashed him, just smashed him. And this is a two way praise. Because kel Ward got up, people were calling for the ambulance.
Speaker 2: They were like confused because it was usually goes straight into the stoppage of bowl goes up, and it was kind of like this like stopped but didn't continue to play, like like the umpire kind of like took extra time. I was on the line. I was sitting there and Taylor was next to me, and he was just kind of like we're kind of like okay, let's go, like let's come on, let's play on, like.
Speaker 1: Let's play the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that kind of looked and I saw Hi underneath and I was like, oh no, Like he's a tough player. I was like, something's going to be wrong if he's taken it. If he's slow to get up, yeah, or like something's going to be proper wrong. In credit Tom, he just gets up. He's like, nah, she's all right, mate.
Speaker 3: I don't like so on the white shot, they stay in the white shot and players are doing the come quick quick, we need help, we need help. It's either ambulance or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one oken hand or you're like, you know something's happened, like seriously. We're like, there's a bone that's been like cracked her, like skin's been poked out or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: And it goes in and cow Ward's standing there and he's got this lump sticking out of his shoulder and you're like, well, I can see something's not right internally, mate, you should probably get off, and players are telling him to mate, maybe just jog off to the bench or whatever. Cal's like, no, I'm good, just throw her up. And as he's saying that, whatever's lump is underneath it, it's moving around. It's like under the skin, and you're like, look, we're not going to keep going until you get off because your arms about to fall off. Mate.
Speaker 2: He was just ready to rock tough cookie. Oh man, I don't know if he's done it. Before, but I was just like I was just like I was like, like I could see that something was kind of wrong. I was like, yeah, I understand, like we don't want to stop the game, but I was like, mate, like I'm the opposition, take your time.
Speaker 3: It was like, imagine if Jeremy Howe got up last year and just was like, no, let's go for it, and his arms flopping around.
Speaker 1: Like gumby arms up. It was like they.
Speaker 3: Cut to Cal sitting on the bench and he looked miffed, like he was like like it was like he was muttering ship under his breath, and I don't know whether it was like I'm gonna be injured out for a bit, or it was like pricks, I could have played through this, like I could have kept going.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It blows my mind, like some of the stuff that players go through, and like the pain they fight through and stuff. Like some people, I feel like they've played AFL for a while, their pain tolerance is just so high. Yeah that like they could go through anything. I think they're fine.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of players like that. Like if I ever see Pendles stay down for an extended period of time, I'm like he's in trouble because like he just doesn't do it. So there's a few players like that out there that are like, you know, it's like time out kind of injury. When you see him staying down pendals is normally he's just snapped one of his million fingers. It's like the bridless bones of all time. Anyway, let's jump out of that game, and I'm happy to never discuss that one ever again. I will say, just kick a couple more like goals instead of points, because just.
Speaker 1: To kick more goals.
Speaker 3: Actually dusted off Twitter just to put out a tweet on the weekend because I haven't used it in that that long. But I said, if Collingwood could just get forty nine more scoring shots, there are a chance.
Speaker 1: Here forty nine scoring shots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're just cap kicking behind mace. So like, kick a couple of guys, no worries.
Speaker 1: Thanks for advice. I appreciate that. We'll take it into it.
Speaker 3: Let's jump into the preview Round one finally here. Maybe we're here so round zero doesn't count. As we all know, no incidents carry over. Let's jump into it. Thursday night, Carlton v. Richmond where it belongs round one at the g Are you excited for this one? Because I feel like now seeing round zero, it's probably going to be a bit of a massacre.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think probably it'll be interesting to see what the line is as far as the batting line, but yeah, I mean, I don't know. Richmond will definitely be looking to try to, you know, make up for being beaten up in Gold Coast, and Carleton will try to continue the momentum.
Speaker 1: And it's it's one of those.
Speaker 2: Big rivalries where it's two big clubs going at it, like you just never really know exactly what's going to happen. It's kind of like, you know, whenever you have a big game, players play up to the moment at times. You know, I think this is one of those games where everyone's going to be watching first game in Melbourne. There's going to be a massive crowd, Like it's there's energy in the area and I think that allows players to play at their best and there's no telling kind of what will happen. You know, we'll say who we think will probably win, Like I'll pick Carlton over this just given you know, the experience in round zero, but I'm not to say that Richmond's totally out of it. Mark, there's still a lot of really good players that play for him. I'm excited for cray Fish Old same Sam Naysmith in the Rock. He's had a crazy experience in his football career and you know, I've seen the journey over the years, and to see him get a gig at Richmond, I'm really excited for him.
Speaker 1: I hope he goes really well.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's one of those things, a big game, you know, you just you never know, Dusty might kick twelve. We just go, it's just like and you know what the crazy thing is, You probably go, yeah, that's possibility. Yeah, maybe that does happen, Like so it'd be interesting. But it's exciting to have, you know, footy back in Melbourne. It's exciting to have you know, some of the big clubs going at each other for around one first game in Melbourne. We'll say that that makes sense, right, Yeah, this is gonna the zero in round one thing.
Speaker 3: After this we'll.
Speaker 1: Be back on.
Speaker 3: We won't ever mention round zero again. The one thing that you know, it concerns me about Richmond is watching it. They didn't really have that big dominant presence up for that they've always had. They've got bolt who's up there, and they got Bolton, Bolton and bolta Yeah maybe the two Bolts, but they're up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just they're really wanting Lynch back, but be massive. At the same time, Carlin's got all these inns to come in, so they're only going to get better. But yeah, maybe you do want to get them now. Well they don't have Walsh and Weatering and the like, but we will jump across the front because we go MCG mcg mcg. We're just hitting up the mcg Collingwood Sydney massive game kicking off Friday night under lights. We've got the flag unfurling, which is it's cool. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't really know how it works. You have to kind of walk me through this.
Speaker 3: Well, there's like normally like a big parade of people that kind of come in with the big carpet looking flag and then they kind of just unfurl it and it goes up and people like.
Speaker 1: See and then they take the pull back down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they just take it back down.
Speaker 2: I don't it must be like do people listen to this and like describe it and go it's a little weird.
Speaker 3: We always get corrected in our comments, So like if you know the history behind the flag unfurling, I'm guessing it's a history thing. It's like a you know, jack jump is an ant someone was telling us, because we always say we have no idea what things are. Jack jump is an ant.
Speaker 1: We're here to teach people and to also learn.
Speaker 3: That's a vicious bite, but I think it used to.
Speaker 2: Obviously you'd have your home grounds, you don't veil the flag out. But because the NCG is, like you know, there's like seven different teams or six different teams that have a home ground, you can't have that hanging up there Brisbane. If Richmond's playing Carlton like the first round, you can't have Collingwood twenty twenty three like flying in the background.
Speaker 1: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Well, you have the flag, you have more hanging up in your training facility.
Speaker 2: We've got like banners there, and then I think we've got the flags in like kind of the historical area, if that makes sense. So we've got like big banners in our you know, I guess the room where we have the weight room and the kicking ground and everything inside Yeah, and then we've kind of got the flags.
Speaker 1: I think they're in a different area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure we'll see the cup the couple come out. I think people like the cup more than the flag. But you say we're gonna win a flag.
Speaker 2: The Cup's more of an iconic material thing for winning it. It's shiny, yeah, I and everyone drinks out of it, like everyone loves to drink out of some kind of cup, right, Like that's what you want.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It'll be nice, it'll be fun. I'll be really excited for it. It'd be great to share it. It'd be great to share with the fans. I think the fans will get excited to see us back at the home ground. Yeah, be able to kind of you know, seal lot twenty twenty three, and then now you know we you know, we continue on with our campaign twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Another rivalry. I think that every team wants to have a rivalry with Collingwood just so they can boost up those ticket sales. But Collingwood Sydney, last time you went head to head, they were bashing into Nick Dacos. So that'll be interesting to see if he gets the tag, if he doesn't get the tag if he runs wild and kicks gravity defying goals. But you got another exciting, juicy little matchup you v. Brody Grundy in the ruck. Well there'll be some help. But how do you see that one? Panna now? Because he's already started talking a bit of shit on the socials. He said he's gonna rag. Oh yeah, he's gonna grab your jumper. You put a little kiss after it.
Speaker 1: It's all friendly heart XX.
Speaker 3: Do you see it? Are you going to smash him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It's exciting, man.
Speaker 2: It's always kind of weird to play against Brody, like you're playing against friends, you know, Like I never grew up with people they played football with as kid. Right, some of these people have been playing with each other, you know, in the you know, eighteens or whatever. It's kind of leagues throughout their life. So the people that have kind of moved on from the club and got traded wherever the situation is after this is the only like kind of previous kind of friendship that I can play against, which is kind of unique. Right, So Branden A sorry Braiden Brody who went over. I play against him. It's always good fun. We always have a bit of a chit chatter. Obviously you cross the line, like friendship kind of goes out the door, like it is pretty much just straight business. But we always kind of after the game you kind of just laugh about how, you know, different directions life has taken us and kind of how we end up there, and you know, we're good mates and he's an absolute lunch.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for him up in Sydney.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to have an incredible career up there and it's going to be great for their clubs. He's an incredible human on the field obviously, but like off the field, he's amazing, Like he's the most caring book you ever met, and I've read nothing but high praise for him. Will I try to stick my neck like nea through his head? Yes, and will he try to do the same thing, of course, Like that's just part of footy.
Speaker 1: But you know it's all.
Speaker 2: In that, you know, good competition and it's going to be it's gonna be a fun litt around. Always love playing against them, so it's a it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna let him cut you off like you did to Mexico?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, like you can't really do anything against that. Like, I won't reveal exactly what I'll do, but I have something in my mind that I'm in the middle mat I might have. I might text him this week what I'll do if you tried that ship, don't do that to me? Yeah, but no, I think it'll be it'll be a good it'll be a good matchup. I mean, obviously DC and myself gone at him, and you know that that rock battle is always something that we love, and Brodie obviously is you know a lot of people play a question marks as to you know, how you go this year, and we've always kind of backed to him. I've always kind of known, you know, what he's capable of and and have massive faith.
Speaker 1: In what he's going to be able to produce this year. So it'll be a good little matchup.
Speaker 3: Now Saturday we kick things off Essendon Hawthorn. It doesn't matter where they are in the ladder. They hate the ship out of it each other. It's going to be a fun one to watch. We'll skip through some of these, we've got to get through them. Who you got in that game? Essendon Hawthorn.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go Essendon. We've talked about Essen and all the trades and everything else. We're excited to kind of see where they're going to go for the year. Hawthorn young team they're going to be. It's still be a good game, but I think Essen will definitely get the chocolates.
Speaker 3: How's this for like a bit of you know, I'm going to say some doomsday stuff right here, this Essendon Hawthorne game. If Essendon don't win this one, there's a massive chance they could be and seven. What was that? If you look at their fixture, they have a rough one and if you can't be beaten Hawthorn first up, it doesn't get any easier for him from then on out.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't envy them, but it's a hard one because you don't we have no idea how to gauge how good they're going to be. They got in you know, Ben Mackay, they got in Dursmar, they got in Gresham, they got in Goldstein, so that could just top up their club and they could be really good. So it's it's one of those ones. They could be Owen set but wait and see, isn't it and smash Hawthorn. But it's round one. We get to see where all these teams are at GWS versus North Melbourne Football Club up at enng Stadium.
Speaker 1: A rough game for North Melbourne if we're.
Speaker 3: Doing the tips. Yeah, I can't see North really firing a shot.
Speaker 2: But hopefully North what they call North ball, northball, northball, northball. They never know, maybe northball will work at the ground.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 3: I would love to see North just turn it around and come out and just start smashing them. But I don't.
Speaker 1: Do you think North will finish in the top twelve this year?
Speaker 3: No, but it's not a that's not a reflection direct.
Speaker 2: Cause a lot of people, some people are having them around that twelve mark. It's yeah, we'll learn. Like obviously over the weekend we'll see a you know, first kind of proper hit up for them for the year with with points on the line. So I'll be I'll be very interesting to see how it kind of goes and see, you know, obviously I kind of think Jobs is going to take this one. But yeah, I think North Melbourn like it'll be a showing for them to just have an absolute crack and just say let's let's just how we go.
Speaker 3: They have to get good at some point they have to start turning it around at some point. The problem is I look at the fixture, I look at the teams, and they're just they're all good. They're all good. I probably just got West Coast finishing last personally. Yeah, but yeah, I don't Outside of that, I don't know who they go past. But let's jump into the next one. Because Geelong Saint Kilda in Geelong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an absolute cracker GMHBA Stadium.
Speaker 3: Starting off quick and another one of those ones where it's like a Geelong going to be good or not, Saint's going to be good or not. It's question marks all around them. It has gone past Geelong. Are they going to start dipping or are they just topped up and ready to go?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like we keep saying this though every single year. We kind of keep saying this, they getting older, they getting older, they getting older. And then you're like, well, Tomahawk might kick five, you know, Patrick Dangsfield might have thirty in the middle on Jerremy twenty clearances, Like Jeremy Caeron could just go off and he might take ten contested marks in the back line and somehow still kick five.
Speaker 1: Goals in the front line.
Speaker 2: Like there's there's a lot of different points of attack I feel like that Geelong has and the biggest thing is just staying healthy with a lot of it.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: So if they can get a full season healthy, I think they'll be all right. And I think there's all this kind of chat around them and how they're going to go and what's going to happen in the future and all that, Like you shut that up if you can stay healthy. Obviously that's a lot easier said than done. But yeah, it'll be it'll be interesting to see how that because Saint killed on the other side. Yeah, I made the eight last year and you know finished probably a tick you know for them, like you know they finished at the top eight. And yeah, I think it's going to be a juicy little match up them having to play away at gm HbA Stadium and see.
Speaker 1: How Geelong kind of goes about it.
Speaker 3: Who do you have?
Speaker 1: I'll go Geelong on this one.
Speaker 2: I think they play well at home, different style of stadium and yeah, I don't know. I just I struggled to tip Geelong against them. Whenever they play a home game. There's something about them a home I think they just enjoy you know, that's just short drive for them where they're having to drive Melbourne.
Speaker 3: And that's all they have to do. They just have to win their home games and bang their back into finals. I'm just going to out of you know, pointed, I'm going to say something. I want them to have a bit of energy, come out strong, hit the ground running. It's a litmus test for where they're at. It's going to be interesting Geelong. You know, they obviously started slow last year, so this home game and that they only had the practice game at the in Geelong the other week, so that they haven't had to travel around in the preseason or anything. So they should be fresh and ready to rock. So if Saints can get over a big tick for them. First up, let's jump into Gold Coast Verse Adelaide at People First Stadium, which if you don't know.
Speaker 1: I love that name, People's First.
Speaker 3: You know it's in the Gold Coast. If you didn't know, it's Metroc it was the old the new met old metric on whatever you say. But Gold Coast Adelaide, talk about.
Speaker 1: Mate, this is the game of the round.
Speaker 2: I think this outside of obviously, like I always going to say, our games again of around, but like this is the game outside of ours. I'm looking forward to watching my boys, the Suns against Later's got a lot of hype this year. There's a lot of hype and they are an exciting group. It's going to be an absolute bloodbath at Gold Coast, absolute bloodbath.
Speaker 3: Blood be how many rally you got? How many clearances does he get?
Speaker 1: Rally? Matthew Cow I'll go fifteen.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna say fifty fifteen rally.
Speaker 2: O'Brien's good, right, Yeah, tough to go against them and be able to get on the hit outs, I think so ferocious. No, I'll say that. I think my tip would be Gold Coast. I know it's a little bit controversial, but them at home. I think the Homes Stadium definitely helps. And you know there are people first kind of club.
Speaker 3: I want to say Gold Coast because I want to buy into the hut.
Speaker 2: I know, buy into the Gold Coast Signs man, buy the McDonald's T shirt and just get into it. I'm a wear a Gold Coast Signs T shirt into this podcast one day.
Speaker 3: Have we done our top eight because I reckon it's just a top ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the top eighteen, I'd say hard to pick.
Speaker 3: We jump into Sunday where we got Melbourne versus the Bulldog. Oh my goodness, every matchup is just juicy question marksk Law is Melbourne good? Donna? Is are the Bulldogs good? Donna? Couldn't tell you? Could not tell you. I feel like inconsistent.
Speaker 1: Bulldogs are Melbourne.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying that early. But like Bulldogs, I was like, oh, they're getting flogged by Hawthorne in the first half of the Pracckic game and then they end up starching them and I feel like their best is obviously great, very good, but then we don't always see their best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean, like round zero with Melbourne, they'd be pretty frustrated with losing, you know, and the opening round.
Speaker 1: But here we all know Melbourne's a good team.
Speaker 2: Melbourne is a team that just consistently is up in the top eight, consistently is able to get the finals. And I've got them beating the Western Bulldogs. It could go either way again on this one, like this is we talk about the latter being so even this year, I feel like every single matchup you're not convinced one hundred percent that someone's definitely going to get over the line against someone else.
Speaker 1: The Western Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: They've got a great midfield also, you know, so it's going to be some big battle in there with BoNT and the Troca and Oliver and then Gone and you know you've got this big kind of you know, not rivalry, but like just these big boys in the middle that are going to go at it and it's going to be you know, as a midfielder, I know it's going to go in the midfield.
Speaker 1: I love these little matchups, Love these little matchups.
Speaker 3: I don't know who I'm tipping. I got to say Melbourne. I feel like Melbourne. But if you know, Bulldogs rock up at their best, they could easily win this game. Let's jump into Port West Coast. Let's jump out of Port West Coast because that's how boring this game is going to be. Port Domination Sea West Coast, Port Adelaide. It's in Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Adelaide, Yeah, I think Port.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bold bold prediction there. Mason free O versus Brisbane Optis Stadium makes it a bit more difficult to tip, or does it.
Speaker 2: I've got Brisbane one of this one Brisbane will definitely come back after you know, the Carlton game, losing by point, it would not sit right with them and they go back and review that second half and be wanting to start off strong and Freemantle at home.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a that's a positive form.
Speaker 2: But I think Brisbane being the team they are and the caliber of people are having that that that team is going to be tough to beat them. And I've got them tip tipping them over Freemantle out there in Perth at Opti Stadium.
Speaker 3: God, I want Freo to win for Freo's sake, but I don't think they're going. Brisbane are just that good of it.
Speaker 1: They're a very good team.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know. I don't know if you can read too much into it if Freo loses, although it is a home game. Brisbane are just a very good team.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't. Yeah, We've said this before, like Perth.
Speaker 3: Might be rough this year, Frio, It's like where do you go? Where do you go? It's going to be like if they don't start off semi well, it's going to be a very long year, a lot of pressure to come. But that's the preview for round one mass.
Speaker 1: That is it.
Speaker 2: It's look, it's been a bit of a it's been a bit of a podcast brand. Let's be honest with ourselves, it's been it's been a big day. It's been a big day. It's been annoying to deal with the times, but we've got through it. And like you know, this is you probably have a lot of people listening in right now that maybe you haven't heard the show before, maybe don't know as much about it. Obviously with the situation that's happening over the week, there's enough credit or enough stuff that's kind of been covered on it. Hopefully there's a bit of clarity now around that. But yeah, this is a podcast where we try to preach positive things. Yeah, we try to talk about positive things. We try to have a good time with it. Obviously it's a bit of a you know, just a frustrating week, I guess you could say. But yeah, it's we're all about positivity on this podcast. We're all about talking about footy, having a good laugh and join ourselves with it and you know, bringing a community along that enjoys it too. So whether you're a Collingwood fan with you're a Brisbane fan, whether you're a Freemont fan, whatever fan you are of the club that you support. You know, we're here to entertain you. We're here to have a good time, and you know, hopefully you provide a bit of context some stuff.
Speaker 3: I apologize if you are a Freeo fan, because I've gone pretty hard on free But I'm sticking there because my housemates free I love watching them, watch them every single week.
Speaker 1: Carlo a big fan.
Speaker 3: I'm riding the highs and lows with you, but yeah, it is good.
Speaker 2: Before we leave that, I'll like to do a little bit closing comments. Maybe something from your life that's happened, that's you know, going on, and I'm happy to start this off. I'll let you have a bit of a think. I like to do something right. You look after yourself right. We talk about like what it be, mental health, we talk about physical health, all these kind of things. Recently, I had a piece cut out of me actually, and it was one of those things you'd go to the dermatologist and get it cut out of you. And that was one of those wake up calls in life. I think about how important it is, especially going into summer. Obviously we're going out of it, but like slipstop slap, as Australians would say, how important sunscreen is important to be able to do that and look after your body. You only have one of them. It was a bit of a I guess, a bit of a humbling moment to be like, oh, no, matter what happens with it. And I haven't got the results back or anything on those lines, but it is a gentle reminder of how important sunscreen is whenever you go outside. So that's my little closing comment. If you've got kids, yourself, parents, where it is slipsop slap, boys and girls and gentlemen and ladies out there and everyone else, and yeah, look after yourself. You only get one body to live with, so make the most of it.
Speaker 3: And it's bloody hot out there, so hot.
Speaker 2: Forty degrees the other day I didn't experience. I was in Sydney, but terrible.
Speaker 3: They slid back the summer. They slid it back. I don't know who they are, but they slid it back. That's a good point, Mace. I will say, summer hot. Yeah, I'd be investing stocks into Messina ice creams, Messina caramel white chalk at Messina. And then I change up my second flavor, because I get a two scoop cup. Then I get like a milk chok fudge. Yeah, peanut fudge.
Speaker 1: Thing, peanut butter chock fudge. Not that I would.
Speaker 3: Now I've knocks my socks off, and you hit it with the double combo. You get the grilled across the road and then you get the messina and you laugh. Yes, that's it. That's all I'm doing for too. I'm going to eat that tonight.
Speaker 1: Hit the calippos.
Speaker 3: It gets tonight again, say it like it's a rare thing. I ate that every other night.
Speaker 2: Well, there you got a ladies and gentlemen. That's a two nuggets you didn't expect out of the podcast.
Speaker 1: That we're gonna end was profound, Mom was somewhat profound.
Speaker 2: Yours just a I love a dirty burger es suially as what you said, and ice cream to top it all.
Speaker 3: It's the sweet chili chicken on traditional. You get the sweet potato fries. For one.
Speaker 2: They're not paying the podcast. Let's move on night, but everyone, thank you so much for listening in. I appreciate it. Hopefully you got some enjoyment from that one Part one and part two. Appreciate you being part of the community, listening in and everything else that comes with it.
Speaker 1: For the socials, as.
Speaker 2: We always say, we always appreciate the love on there and a massive massive thank you for everyone for tuning in and I hope you have an incredible week ahead.
Speaker 1: Peace,