Speaker 1: Flex and Rooms, The Flex and Frooms catch Up podcastle.
Speaker 2: And Rooms, Flex and Rooms on Cat. I've been holding my pee for so many hours because I'm scared to go to the bathroom just in case I've leaked through.
Speaker 3: Oh huh, you're not a period tip.
Speaker 2: It's the life of a girl boss realistically. But there's something about delaying, you know how there's delayed gratification. Yeah, what's the opposite delayed discomfort? Oh? I don't want to because you know, let's say, as soon as you know, I mean, I need to give another analogy because of your experiences. But you know, when you when you don't know if something bad has happened, but you have to confront it to.
Speaker 3: Know, Like what's my experience, for example, not bleeding.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Let's say like you don't know if you've left your straight num but you're like, oh, well, I guess I can't.
Speaker 3: Run home now and check.
Speaker 2: Or like you don't know if you've left your fridge slightly ajar, Now it's leaking. You're like, if I go and figure it OUT'M going to have to deal with the problem.
Speaker 3: Just then. I don't want to deal with it.
Speaker 1: It's like I did to shoot a parallel park. Yes, today outside my house, like probably half a mate away from the curve dam and I was like, so, I'm probably gonna hit my car of a night, but.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I can't be problem for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I can't be fugged.
Speaker 3: Let's hit the party. Oh, Flex and Rooms on kator.
Speaker 2: Am I the arsehole for moving on to my comatose girlfriend's sister. That is the question that we are answering today on Flex and Rooms. Listen to this. My girlfriend was in a serious car accident six months ago that has left her in hospital in a coma. It's been a really difficult time, and we made a deal with her parents and younger sister that at least one of us will visit once per day so she has company a deal.
Speaker 3: I got a freezer like that.
Speaker 1: We're all going to shoulder this builden.
Speaker 2: My girlfriend's sister coincidentally is a nurse in the hospital and was often rosted on while I was visiting, and we pop by naturally, Oh my god, we ended up getting close and we shared a kiss.
Speaker 1: It's joking in front of the sister.
Speaker 2: Eventually, one thing led to another. You're sick, and we've decided that we want to a relationship.
Speaker 3: I mean we also lovely saying we.
Speaker 2: We also decided that if or when my girlfriend wakes up this is terrifying. I'm still happy to be her friend, especially while she recovers.
Speaker 3: This is so sick. I can I can keep reading this. This is not from cranium, is it?
Speaker 4: Oh? It is sick.
Speaker 2: She wants to be so happy with her work, she says, reacting this way. When her parents found out, they were so annoyed that they've told me I'm no longer welcome to visit her in the hospital, and they don't approve of our relationship. Not only have I moved on so quickly in their eyes, but to her sister. We feel guilty about the situation, but I feel like she's the love of my life, and I think the trauma has brought us close together and can even see myself having kids with her. So I want to know, be honest with me, flexen for him, for him? Am I the asshole?
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to talk to you.
Speaker 1: This is so disturbing because I know that this kind of stuff happens.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 3: We've ever talked about it.
Speaker 1: Last year, the wife dies, take it back up with.
Speaker 2: It not even not even dies injured amnesia, brain injuryan to the be were already moving on?
Speaker 1: Is it in these desperate times, in desperate measures, that we just have to look to the next best thing, Like is it an upgrade or a down grade? That's the question. I think people date who they want, who they can not who they want. If you let's say you meet a guy and you person populate, okay, let's see you meet a person you copulate, then you meet their brother or whoever, and you actually fall in love with them.
Speaker 3: Damn, I didn't pick the right one.
Speaker 1: Could you date them even though you had slept with the other brother.
Speaker 3: I believe in homihopping, So yeah, whoa okay?
Speaker 1: Keeping the family, I say, you know, over her deathbed, that's got a hit different. Yeah, I don't like family fall out, so I'd personally be leaving that one alone and going back on Tinder or whatnot and finding someone else. Moving on with sisters absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: This is what I think of when people say life is for living. You don't get another chance to do this. You need to test it out in this lifetime to be sure that it's the wrong thing to do. Then you test it out and you come back and let us know.
Speaker 4: Keters flex and froms flex and firms.
Speaker 3: Are you into self positive affirmation type stuff? Is that your jams that your bag.
Speaker 1: Never really done it? Oh? I did it a little bit like you do it a little bit in some sort of like treatments like DBT and stuff, But i'n't really done it for her extended periods of time. Only when I'm real in a bit of a rough patch.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for you, Brickie say your thing.
Speaker 1: Ah a little bit, but it's normally just the one or two otherwise I find it a bit cringe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm always surprised to find out which of the people that I know are really really into their affirmations and things, because I think when you like, I'm a spiritual person, so people kind of lant me in that category of like, she must be an affirmation girl, and I'm a manifesto, but in like a praying way, not a whatever way. So when I found this video of Harry Garside, Australian boxer, olympian and ballet dancer, on the Hello Sport podcast, he was talking about his twenty daily alarms that he's set to remind him to do various positive self affirmations, and we'll play the clip in a second. But when I first saw it, I could tell that it didn't seem like the hosts were taking him seriously until he actually did one of these affirmations, all these practices while doing the podcast, because he was so disciplined, and he's like, I can't not do it just because I'm here, I gotta take my time out. Let's play the clip.
Speaker 5: You're sorry, boys do these do these alarms throughout the day?
Speaker 3: What's the four?
Speaker 5: So I'll explain them first and then I'll do them. But so's there's probably four or five different themes, and each themes different and they probably each individual theme goes off maybe four times throughout the day. Okay, and then I have to stop. This one's described something he can see, so, yeah, it's being in the present moment this one. So it's just like a couple of hot boys, a couple couple of absolute stuff.
Speaker 3: What am I looking at? Sex person?
Speaker 5: And then yeah, other themes are like in thoughts, so it's like if I catch myself, your alarm goes off in a negative thought or there has been one that I was conscious of in the last hour. I have to reframe it to something I'm grateful for. You know that makes sense? Yeah, and then there's other ones that I have to like build myself up with positive affirmations and then visualize myself achieving the goal that I've got and then also myself in five ten years, like the life that I want. So is another another alarm?
Speaker 3: What's that one for?
Speaker 5: This is the build myself up? So okay, yeah, I'm actually going to do this real quickly. This one's a big one. That's right.
Speaker 3: Discipline that was cool. Discipline that was cool.
Speaker 2: So what you didn't hear in that clip was about the forty five seconds that Harry took to in his head recite this affirmation or to say something, but he didn't actually share it with the room, and you hear them say, you know, discipline, discipline, this scipline. But it was interesting because up until he had done it, I don't think they would have taken him as seriously someone who's gone out of the way to set twenty different alarms to remind themselves not only to be consistent with their self care, but to do it in environments where you might feel like it's not appropriate because you know, let me push this aside because right now I'm doing work or I'm having a conversation. It's interesting because someone like Harry Garslid, who's achieved things that the average person won't do in their lifetime. He's done over and over and over and over and over and over again, just an exceptional person. And it's like, this is probably why, because when we're saying, oh, we do a little affirmations every now and then, when like you know, we little pick me up, he's got the twenty alarms set daily, ready to go.
Speaker 3: It's so sick.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, if it works, if it works and it makes you better something that you love, then why not Oh yeah, interrupt that meeting, interrupt that hard surgery, and listen to your affirmations.
Speaker 2: King, This is flex and frooms in a potentially exciting, sexy, but possibly unsatisfactory turn of events. Netflix is no deformation manipulating us. While if we live in the same region we might have access to the same shows, I think I don't know how it works. We don't get the same with thumbnails, and that is by design.
Speaker 3: At first, I thought it was just.
Speaker 2: A little quirky thing, a little treat for Netflix's fase. Maybe the premium subscription you get two different thumbnails. It's not the case. They have this really advanced algorithm that develops different thumbnails. Not in real time, they make it beforehand, but based on your viewing habits, you get different thumbnails for the shows that are on Netflix. So the reason why I clocked onto this is because Netflix mine, in particular, that was a really crazy and aggressive yawn. Why did you scowl at me? And I really said, you could have just cu uncomfortably if you wanted so. On my Netflix in particular, it has a habit of making me think that every hit series and TV show, a movie has a black person as a lead, because it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be a black person on that thumbnail.
Speaker 2: Said my Netflix, everybody is black and every show is a sci fi fantasy thriller, every single one. You should see what my rivedale looks like.
Speaker 3: It's like murder Mystery. Anyway, So I made this comment.
Speaker 2: I said on the internet, you know, Netflix makes me think that every show has black people in it, and someone says, well, no, everyone has different thumbnails.
Speaker 3: So I do my extra research and this is what I found out.
Speaker 1: She got the print out and everything.
Speaker 2: Netflix collects our data. I don't read your terms and conditions and serves us different thumbnails based on what it thinks we might want to see, because it knows we judge.
Speaker 3: Books by its cover.
Speaker 2: It's true because when I was saying that I'm a judge person aesthetically, you.
Speaker 3: Were like, that's so rude, that'sfect. We shouldn't like. I never said that rollotape brings back to spectation.
Speaker 1: I never said that.
Speaker 3: I was like, I said, everyone put your hand with you judge book by its cover. Put my hand up.
Speaker 1: You're like, no, I'm being subjugated to false information, and I do not condone it. I distinctly remember not saying that, and I will not be gas lit in the studio boom.
Speaker 2: They don't just target people. They target It's based on your viewing activity. So if you watch a certain type of show, or you're drawn to a certain type of theme or genre like romance or comedy, often your thumbnails.
Speaker 3: Will look like that.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking the other day. I wanted something light to watch in the background. I was looking for a background show to do work, and I couldn't pick anything because everything looked really serious and like I had to use my brain to watch it. But that's a hell of my own doing.
Speaker 1: Try living with someone and having their Netflix. It's giving real housewives. Nothing wrong with that bikini romance, rom com love. Yeah, very different yours my housemates. Yeah, it so mine because I don't pay my house.
Speaker 3: Oh there's upsides.
Speaker 2: This is why Netflix is cracking down. This is exactly why am I go to jail.
Speaker 3: This is Flex and Frooms. I'm Kater Key on the Flex and Froom Show.
Speaker 1: We are always learning and evolving. Might look different for different people, and yet here we are putting in the work every single day. Three to five pm. Found this TikTok and it's discussing whether or not you should lie in certain situations and deciding on what situations weren't lies. It's from a TikToker called Dana Eve. She's talking to the camera. Let's have a listen.
Speaker 2: One to lie too.
Speaker 4: You're in the elevator and the building you live in, and somebody that you don't recognize asks if you live here. No, just visiting some friends.
Speaker 2: I went to college with. No.
Speaker 4: Just dropping off a few things.
Speaker 3: For my brothers.
Speaker 4: An uber or lyft driver or a taxi driver drops you off at your home and asks if this is home? No, just visiting some family friends. No, on my way to a surprise party, or even I wish, But no, You're sitting having a drink and somebody says, what's a girl like you doing here alone?
Speaker 3: I'm just waiting for.
Speaker 4: My boyfriend, waiting on some friends. They should be here any minute, waiting at my husband. He's just parking. You recently moved to a new city and somebody asks if you're new here. No, I used to live right down the street. No, I used to go to school here. And if you ever find yourself in a situation where somebody asks, does anybody know you're here, your answer one hundred percent of the time is yes, yes. My husband's on his way to meet me right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say, who's believing some people have husbands.
Speaker 3: This isn't a blanket rule. She's not a blanket rule. They said, you.
Speaker 1: Quirky girl with her husband, and I just I've had to use this in practice out and when I've done that, I've gone, oh, no, like my boyfriend's on my way.
Speaker 3: Boyfriend doesn't exist. They go, well, he's not here now, is he?
Speaker 2: And then it's like, now what And I've definitely tried the husband thing in an uber and he said you're not wearing a ring, said we don't wear rings.
Speaker 3: And keep crying where progress was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I agree, this is just personal safety one O one. It's good to be abreast of these kind of things. There's a chick the dm ME once she was getting near it and she got an UBER and she put in an address. It took her there, and it took her to a random parking lot. She's freaking out. She starts running away, lo and behold, she realizes she'd put the wrong addressing. Okay, so there's times for your personal safety is perhaps jeopardized by your very self.
Speaker 3: So definitely I would say be aware when.
Speaker 1: You're getting near it to look at where you've collected your uber. I would also say, like, it's not good to expect the worse of people. But also just like these are very easy little liars that don't affect anyone, so you may as well just like say it, say no, I don't live here, say da da da. The one in the lift like is a bit more crazy because if there's someone that lives there and you say, oh no, I'm just visiting my xyz and then the next time they see you're in the lift with no pants on, going and take your rubbish out. I don't know how you can explain that one.
Speaker 3: So I would say pick and shoes.
Speaker 2: As someone who spends a lot of time being honest and regretting it, I just feel like I'm introducing lying back. Or do you regret being honest? Well, I regret the fact that. No, I don't regret. It's not that I regret being honest. I just rarely prepare myself for an outcome that is not good. Like the outcome of this honesty should mean that I get what I expected from being honest, and that's just not how life works. And in some instances I think I would have been happy if I didn't have that hardcome versation or I didn't say what I felt. So perhaps not lying, but I will definitely practice keeping my mouth shut, yep, letting everybody suffer. I never help out, never help out. I do it too much, and not in the way people think as well that I'm like, I'm going to just lip sealed head down because people think you're being mean when I'm being honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that.
Speaker 1: What you mean like people get their feelings hurt.
Speaker 2: No, I think people don't know what to do with honesty a lot of the time, Like often, you know, we talked about a couple of shows ago. People don't want advice. They'll ask you what you think, to not listen to what you say, to waste your time. Yeah, your people so similar to that, where I'm like, you know, when someone asks me for advice, I want to be really honest and earnest. But if you don't want to hear it and I don't want to waste my time, then I might just lie.
Speaker 3: So do whatever you want, babe, I trust you. I think I've heard that line. You've been listening to The flexen Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 5: For more, tune in to Cator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.