Speaker 1: Laura, come on, here.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, Hi Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Everyone. We on thanks to Chemist Warehouse heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 2: Somebody yesterday confused Mitch and I has been a married couple.
Speaker 4: I could not see that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I couldn't see you.
Speaker 1: Guys as a couple. Now, we'd be one of those couples that everyone's like, surely he's a bit, but.
Speaker 3: Surely he's gay. Yeah, she just doesn't know about it. You're going to tell bridge, I reckon.
Speaker 2: We walk past, and then strangers look at each other and they're like, when do you think she's going to figure out you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, that's because we were together and we had BRIT's dog Delilah with us, and someone approached me and said, tell me about your Australian shepherd. So that I just said, oh, well, we got her briefly after we got married. You tell honey, you tell the story.
Speaker 2: He set me up, and through it he goes, Britt'll tell you about the wedding and the dog, and then I went along with a lie. So I was like, okay, So I just pretended and then Mitch said, oh, her name's Robin the dog, And that was the only part of the lie that I was like, I can't continue with this.
Speaker 4: I was like, it is not Robin, it is dog Lila. I was like, why are you lying?
Speaker 1: Not offended by the fact that we sleep together, but offended by the fact that her dog's name is Robert, happily.
Speaker 4: Be married to you, asleep with you in this lie. But my dog is not Robin.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's something very questionable about dogs that have human names.
Speaker 1: It's very off Anyway, love you honey, to walk together.
Speaker 4: That's so cute.
Speaker 3: Guys, I really feel like the third Wheel. Now Oho, we have a really big show coming up. But there's some very big news. If you are somebody who has struggled with postpartum depression or you're struggling mum, there is a new pill that is on its way and it might be just the thing to help you more amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good stuff, all right. Next on the Pickup Around Australia, Welcome to Tuesday a HETEs the pick Up Tuesday AVO, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist Warehouse. Try the new fragrance. I've smelt it. It's good, guys, you always smell good. Thank you well' to DC ten Sport, one hundred mile by Dan Carter. I knew an exclusive to Chemist Warehouse for just forty nine to ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Now, if you are pregnant or if you are a mother, there is something that a lot of women experience, postnatal depression. It is something that no one wants to go through once they've had a child.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it creeps up on you.
Speaker 3: It's this like overwhelming feeling that can come with and after you have children. It is a depression. It can be affected by the one the lack of sleep, the hormones, the change of life. There's so many reasons as to why some women go through post natal depression.
Speaker 1: Even be like missing an old life or now your life has changed so much.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like it's one of those things where there's so many impacting reasons as to why some women go through this. But a big part of it is a hormone imbalance. That there is a flood of hormones that happen after giving birth. And I think we've also told this narrative that you know you're going to have a baby, and you're going to be so happy.
Speaker 4: It's going to fill this hole.
Speaker 3: It's going to be this wonderful, elating experience and for some women it really throws them into something that they would never have considered, which is this postnatal depression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it is actually so common.
Speaker 2: Statistics say that one in five, so twenty percent in Australia are diagnosed with postnal depression. And that's diagnosed, there would be far more women that are experienced in it that aren't going and actually being diagnosed and don't.
Speaker 3: Even know necessarily what it is, why they feel so unhappy, why it is that they're not coping.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: The reason why I want to talk about this is because there's been some truly incredible and huge news that's come out. So in the States, there's been a drug that's been FDA approved. It is a pill that can be taken for postnatal depression. And the reason why this is so amazing and crazy is because it only takes a couple of weeks to work. So for some people it can work in as little as three days to balance out that hormone imbalance and to bring people feeling back to normal, Whereas currently in Australia, the type of treatment that exists for postnatal depression can take months to come into effect because women are put onto an antidepressant type script that takes time to work out you know what is working, what isn't working, and it's this like quite a long process, whereas something like this take a pill once a day for the space of two weeks and it solves postnatal depression.
Speaker 2: Well, I think a really big aversion for a lot of people to take in antidepressants is because you do have to be on a drug for so long, and there are a lot of women that are breastfeeding don't want to be on drugs. They don't want to be introducing that to life every day. I think more people would want to be taking this drug if if they knew, Okay, two weeks, I can do it, fourteen days, I can do it, I'll be cured.
Speaker 4: It's not long term done.
Speaker 3: But there's also so much stigma that surrounds it as well, like taking any deepressants in itself, although it shouldn't, there's a lot of stigma that surrounds that. There's a lot of stigma that surrounds having to admit that you're not coping as a new mum.
Speaker 1: Danny Ell onm thirteen one O six ' five, Hi, have you had a baby. Is this something you're going through?
Speaker 5: I have had a baby, and yeah, definitely went through the highs and lows of the hormonal changes and just not really knowing what to expect. So yeah, it was it was tough.
Speaker 4: What was the when?
Speaker 3: So were you experiencing postnatal depression at the time. Was it diagnosed for you or did you kind of just work through it yourself? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I definitely wasn't diagnosed. I didn't seek help or anything, but it was just I think basically a few few days in milk came in and then I just went like a bit down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think comes crashing down.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, if I can ask, why didn't you want to go and be officially diagnosed or why didn't you want to seek help?
Speaker 5: To be honest, I wasn't really thinking about me. I was just like focused on my baby and making sure he was all right. But yeah, I just sort of took it one day at a time and not really knowing what day it was, but just yeah, not really focused on me.
Speaker 3: How long did it take you to get back to a point where you felt as though you were recovering.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't even know, maybe like five six months, in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you knew you could take a pill for just two weeks, if that was available to you in Australia, would you do it?
Speaker 5: I would definitely explore that, you know, I'd touch base with my GP early on and you know, go, yeah, definitely. I think yeah, as you say, big game changer.
Speaker 2: But the idea of nipping it in the bud in just a two week process, I mean, I'm not a mom, but I imagine that would be something I'd be throwing my hand up, but I'd be like two weeks to get out of this hole and not to be taking drugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be a yes from me also.
Speaker 1: Speaks to like the treatment of women and actual mental health as a whole, Like the drugs and antidepressants are not a one size fits all solution, like they take weeks and your hormones are already in flux, like you said, Glaura, So adding more to that.
Speaker 3: To be wild and like going back to that whole idea, there is so much stigma that surrounds it and like you know, it's meant to be this beautiful time where you connect with your child and you're in this love bubble, and for some moms it is just not that, and then you feel like you're not living up to the expectations that.
Speaker 4: You should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thanks Danielle. We're back after this. On the pickup. It is the pickup around Australia. Britt Laura and midch Tuesday afternoon or thanks to Chemist Warehouse, do yourself a favor. Heading today, great savings every day. I'm going to take everyone on a journey. Close your eyes, Brittin Laura, and I'm going to take you back to your childhood. You've got glad rap around your head from noggan to doggan.
Speaker 4: What childhood did you have?
Speaker 1: If you smell eucalyptus, you're sitting at the kitchen bench, Mama's behind you, tell me exactly what's going on right now.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely not getting a head massa now.
Speaker 1: It's knit treatment. Everyone's being through that, like you get knits at school. Mom goes, You're getting up here and I'm going to comb your hair with eucalyptus. I'm gonna wrap your inkling film and we're gonna watch the prices. Right now.
Speaker 2: I remember you have to wash all of the like you have to treat the lounge covers, the sheath everything, please human, and it's.
Speaker 1: The responsible thing to do, because you don't want these knits jumping from student to student. Then you've got an epidemic at the local Your.
Speaker 3: Holm is not even allowed to As soon as one kid at school gets knits, everyone's told and then everyone's doing knit treatments. You got the little brushy thing that zaps them on the way out.
Speaker 1: All right, well we're all in agreeance. What's your stance on this? And I see Mama's going viral. She's taking the opposite approach. She's posted to an online four I'm a mum's fouum we know how staunched the comments get in the mum's online forums. She said this, My seven year old daughter is best friends with the girl next door, our neighbor. The family is vegan. That's fine, we respect their choice. No problem there. My problem is that recently, this otherwise delightful child was at our house scratching her head furiously. I had a little peek and discovered she was crawling with head lice. She then brought it up to the girl's mom, the neighbor. The mom said she was fully aware of the knits, but didn't do anything because she didn't want to harm them, not the daughter. She said, I'm in the process of combing the lice and knits, but pushing them into the garden where they have the best chance of survival. Of survival. My jaw then hit the floor. What do I do? Do I separate my kid from her best friend? Do I knit treat her myself?
Speaker 4: You gotta move, you have to move. Wait, the knit's an hour in the garden. Now, the kid's kind of and playing the garden. What do you think they're going to do in the garden? I frog?
Speaker 1: Why what do you think laws you've got kids?
Speaker 4: This makes me furious. I have no problems with being vegan.
Speaker 3: I think that you can very healthily raise children on vegan diets all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: So please don't take that in this way.
Speaker 3: But that is to me, you are prioritizing the life of an insect over the well being of your own child, which feels incredibly neglectful.
Speaker 2: It's also like they're really selfish because every other kid that they come in contact with is then going to get the last Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also like, no kids are going to want to play with the kid that's got knits at school, Like it's the I actually kind.
Speaker 4: Of believe this is real.
Speaker 3: Like I cannot believe that there is any parent that would prioritize and insects life over the well being of their child.
Speaker 4: That to me makes me feel enraged.
Speaker 3: Not only would I be giving the kids some live's treatment when she was at my house, I'd be keeping a very close eye on it to make sure that that child has actually been taken care of.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 1: You can't invite kids over fairy bread party at our house.
Speaker 3: The kids kit them all down and you get the little life's comb and you pretend like you're doing hairdressers and your de lice your neighbor's kids.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you could do that.
Speaker 1: You can't touch other people's.
Speaker 3: Kids, you're just on there. You can brush another kid's hair. Imagine this kid, this kid is going to be a little knit kid at school. No one's going to want to play with her exact, no one's going to spend time with her. Imagine calling up like Docks or some sort of child protection services and being like, there's a kid who has knits and their parents will do nothing about it.
Speaker 4: Is that dogs worthy?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I'm getting a bit angry about it. You probably don't need to call docks. So I definitely would be sending kid to Laura house.
Speaker 4: Send them to me and I will take those.
Speaker 1: Worried about that garden. Those veggies are going to be crawling with knits.
Speaker 4: Because they probably they're probably they grow.
Speaker 1: Their own food. Of course they're living off lands.
Speaker 3: I think those knits are going to suffer in the garden and they're going to die really long death because there's nothing for them to attach to.
Speaker 4: They don't live in the soil. I think of the nits.
Speaker 3: I could never be speak of the knits and put them down quickly, changed quickly, Please think of the nicks.
Speaker 2: Speaking of kids, Actually, today is the day one of life fertility journey. I'm taking you on the wild ride. That is Brittany freezing her eggs. Well, lucky, you're not freezing any knits. No, that's definitely talking about it's been harvested from my insides.
Speaker 1: Why you smell ridicular? All right? That's next on the pickup. It is the pickup Tuesday. Are Vo, britt Laura and Mitch try the new fragrance DC ten Sport one hundred, Mel by Dan Carter, new and exclusive to Chemist Warehouse for just forty nine to ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Now, Mitch, I have seen you eyeing off my lunch box over here.
Speaker 4: I've got a little freezer bag.
Speaker 2: I hate to disappoint you, there is no food in.
Speaker 4: This, so back off this peckish.
Speaker 2: These guys are my fertility drugs. Today's day two.
Speaker 4: Of my fertility treatment. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I've been telling you guys for the last couple of weeks that this was happening, that I'm going down the journey of freezing my eggs because I'm thirty six years old and I do not have kids yet.
Speaker 4: I do not know when that's going to.
Speaker 2: Happen, and we're all hyper aware that women do have a biological clock. So I froze eggs like three years ago. But you know, I guess I probably thought I might have a kid by now, and I don't. So three years goes past. I'm doing it again. So this is my bring it to work fertility drugs.
Speaker 3: What was the when you say, you know, thirty six, you've done it once before, Like, what was the catalyst that made you want to do a second round? Did you get enough eggs in the first round, like, what what's changed? I got fifteen eggs the first time, which sounds like a lot. And if there's any women out there driving that have done this, you know that fifteen whilst it sounds a lot, it's not actually, and my fertility specialist tried, they can't tell one hundred percent, but she said, basically, I would tell you that that might turn into one child. Fifteen eggs turns into one because you freeze them, only half survived the defrosting process, and then only half of those are viable, and then statistically, speaking of the couple that are left, only one might take. So fifteen sounds great. Some people go in and get thirty plus some people only get a couple, so it's different for everyone. For me, I was happy with fifteen, but it does mean it.
Speaker 2: Might own one child, and if I know I might want more than one child, you have to do it again. And it's just giving me more options. It's taking the stress away because it is something you think about all the time. Is what if the time comes and the fifteen eggs I have, that's one shot. What if that one shot doesn't take and then I'm back to nothing?
Speaker 3: But your boyfriend Ben. He's overseas. He lives overseas. What's it been like this time during this process and you're in the midst of doing it on your own.
Speaker 2: Here I was actually I didn't really think about it until now and I started, and I got really sad. To be honest, I've been on my own so long, like the better past of ten years, and I'm so independent. I'm okay doing stuff on my own because it's the life that I know. But something like this, it hits different because we're in love and we're doing this so that we can have kids, and it's not just me I'm thinking about now, it's somebody else. And I didn't really take.
Speaker 4: His feelings into account.
Speaker 2: But he messages me this morning and because I'm on day two and you start to get the hormonal headaches because you're just pumping horn injections. I mean, look at how many drugs there are. There are so many drugs, it's multiple injections. And he just messaged me and he said, I wish I was there, but thank you so much for doing this for us. And I didn't really think about it being for us until now. I almost was quite selfish, thinking this I'm doing this at the moment for.
Speaker 4: Me is my body going through it.
Speaker 2: But whilst his body is nothing's happening to him, this is still affecting him. And he looks at this like I'm doing this for our future, which I am exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean like, you're not able to have a kid now, you're not in the same country as each other, you're not living with each other. But it's like this is kind of safeguarding against what the future might hold. So two weeks and two weeks and then they'll harvest the leggies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two weeks and then they.
Speaker 1: Do have a surgery.
Speaker 4: Oh, you go under a GA. You don't have to. You can have a local anesthetic.
Speaker 2: But that's literally a big needle that goes inside your vagina into your cervix and they like anthetize the area from the inside.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know what, just knock me out. I was like, I don't want to know what you're doing, just do it.
Speaker 2: Me up. When you've gone to the corner store and you've got a dozen eggs, like, yeah, I'm good for that one. But you do blood tests along the way and some ultrasounds along the way, make sure all the eggs inside and the follicles are growing how they're supposed to be. It's really science is amazing. And then when it's d Day, they go in, they harvest and they freeze these bad boys.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think I think it's so great that you are so willing to talk about it as well, because I think that there's so much mystery that surrounds egg freezing. And I know it's something that a lot of women consider or they think about, or it's you know, you know it's there as an option, but hearing someone talk about what the process is actually like, and also like reinforcing this idea that at least knowing what's happening in your body, at least safeguarding yourself so that you have the opportunity of choice in the future is such an important thing to do for your own fertility and also for your own peace of mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it still worries me.
Speaker 2: I get so many people message me saying how scared they are to go down it. They really want you, they wanted to do it for years. They've got anxiety. And there's another level too that I think women aren't talking about because they feel like it's a sense of failure, like their body is not working for them or society. So they should have had kids and been married five years ago, but they're not. So they're embarrassed to say, oh, I'm freezing my eggs.
Speaker 4: But that's why I want to talk about it. I want to take you all on the journey. It's going to be hormonal fun.
Speaker 1: We love your breeding. We're proud of you. I love you, love you. Be sure there's not a little snack in that lunch box of the.
Speaker 4: B I'll bring you on tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got a little bit of room in there, like a something.
Speaker 3: Just a couple of needles to stubb you in the belly.
Speaker 1: That's right, I've done worst. All right, let's get out of here. We're done.