Speaker 1: I heard podcasts he More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Laura.
Speaker 3: I know I just got married, but I sort of low key went on a kind of blind date.
Speaker 2: On the weekend. And it's not I don't want to say date.
Speaker 3: I went on a blind friends sporting date.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to call it.
Speaker 1: Yet you seem confused because I didn't really know this is a thing.
Speaker 3: But I feel like it's a bit of a PSA for people out there wanting to meet new people.
Speaker 2: But like as friends.
Speaker 3: So I was up on the Gold Coast and I had this new obsession with playing paddle, like the paddle tennis. If you guys don't know, it's like that little mini tennis kind of thing that you play in a glass box. Is it the same as there's a few people know there's pickleball that paddle tennis.
Speaker 1: Sorry, everyone's been trying to get me to play pickleball, and I'm like, I'm too pregnant for pickleball.
Speaker 2: This so my sister started.
Speaker 3: Sherry's started playing paddle at seven months pregnant, and she loved it because it's it's not as like excessive as tennis. It's really small, but ayway, whatever we're getting sidetrack.
Speaker 1: We are not sponsored by people, sponsored.
Speaker 2: By paddle or people.
Speaker 3: So but the thing is you have to play it against people, so usually you play two v two. Yeah, And so we didn't have anyone to play with because we don't have.
Speaker 2: Many friends and people work.
Speaker 3: So we found like this group where you go into a WhatsApp group and it has all these members and you just blind like put a call out for somebody to play with. So it's just adults asking other adults strangers that they.
Speaker 2: Don't know this. You don't have pictures, you don't know anything about them.
Speaker 3: You put in your level of like where how good you think you are, which we put ourselves at the bottom, So you put hay where level C minus because that's what we are.
Speaker 2: So we're hey, guys, two people C.
Speaker 3: Minus in this area looking for friends to play with, and then other people respond that are also like C minus or B and then you swap number and then you just meet.
Speaker 2: We were really nervous because we're like they're waiting.
Speaker 3: You don't know who you're looking out for, Like all these people walking past you like is that them?
Speaker 1: And then the people with the rackets usually is the giveaway, not la.
Speaker 2: You're at a place with like fifty courts. Everyone has res.
Speaker 1: You so I thought you're waiting at the front on the corner.
Speaker 2: Of the cafe. No, you go to coffee first guys. You go to the courts and it's a whole tennis court. How to go for you?
Speaker 1: Were they nice?
Speaker 2: So they normal?
Speaker 3: These two guys turned up. One was Italian, one was English. They were a bit above C minus. And it's the equivalent of on a first date, the nerves and stuff, because you you sort of have to start to get to know them, but you're also playing against them and you're trying to work out if you're friends and if you want to play again.
Speaker 1: You're not on a date, brist you're playing paddle bits a friend date.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Something that's slightly similar to this, probably actually more so that you have to kind of like I don't know how to describe it, Like I want to say feel it out, but that's not the right words. Was when I started doing solsa dancing, because you you obviously you go as a solo person. Some people go with their partners, but if you're single and you're going solo, Like, soalsa dancing, you just end up getting partnered up with someone and then you've got some random dude who's solsa dancing you.
Speaker 2: He literally is feeling.
Speaker 1: You up, and like half the time you're like.
Speaker 2: Are you heading on me? Are we friends? Are we are? We?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: And it's just like there's a weird dynamic that happens because like you can obviously grow souls dancing, it's very platonic, but there's a part of you that's like, how do I make sure this person knows that this is a platonic experience for him as well?
Speaker 3: Well, I just thought it was a really good way to make friends as an adult, but it was funny. So what happened was they came as twos and they'd only met through paddle as well, so they've been playing together for a few weeks. We went as three, so myself, Sherry, my sister, and her partner and we just one of us just rotated through. Anyway, we played for an hour and a half, had a great time, got to know each other. Then afterwards one of the guys texted Jay separately out of the group and asked to switch partners, and he said, will you be my new paddle friend? And he didn't want to play with me and Sherry and he didn't want to play with his friends.
Speaker 2: So it was like this weird couple breakup. We only just got together and now they're going off as too.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, grace, did you produce a grace?
Speaker 2: Did you allow this? I didn't know would go in this. It's weird. It's a whole new world out there. A lot happened on BRIT's weekend. Hey, it was a real well one. Sorry. Sorry, that's the life I leave. Give group. Give us the update. I want to know. Did you guys become friends? What happened next? Yes, we're friends. Oh great, that's my point, Laura.
Speaker 3: If people are out there, it's really hard to make friends as an adult.
Speaker 2: And I'm just putting this out there for people. Produce a grace. Joined to Adult Gardening Center. Yeah, it's a community garden. Oh my god, ieer you continue and we've made some lovely friends. We all have hats that say city farmer. How old is everyone in this group? Range? Beg range?
Speaker 1: It would be the community garden, wouldn't it great?
Speaker 2: All right,