Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week.
Speaker 2: That Life Yeaday. Guys, welcome back to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris, and today we are unpacking another huge exit from the Traders Australia. Now I have to admit something about today's guest. When I first heard Monarchy from Ozzie Shaw was joining the cast, I thought I knew exactly what we were going to get. Chaos parties, a big personality, probably a few arguments. What I wasn't expecting was MONARCHI to walk into this game and prove himself to be one of the most switched on faithfuls in the castle, because underneath the big mouth and all that Ossie Shaw energy was someone who was actually watching people incredibly close, and as we now know, he was starting to put some very important pieces together. MONARCHI had Alvin Firmley in his sights, he didn't trust Kirby, and had he survived the murder, he was preparing to bring his evidence to the next round table, which suddenly makes his elimination make a whole lot more sense. Today, MONARCHI and I will unpack whether his big mouth ultimately got him murdered, what really happened with his explosive clash with Kiara, why he thinks some of the other Faithfuls are allowing Dicko to dictate the game, and just how close he believes he was to exposing the Traders. We also talk about him being underestimated because of Ozzie's Shaw, whether he could have survived as a Trader himself, his friendship with Lexi and her legendary big brother Dad Paul, who you might remember from Big Brother two thousand and four, and he still gives us a little tease about what we can expect from the next season of Ozzie Shaw, including a very different energy of a new house boss Tammy hambro I genuinely think that Monarchy surprised a lot of people on the Traders, including myself, and I think after this conversation you'll understand why losing him this early may have been a very smart move for the Traders. So, guys, let's get into this. This is MONARCHI from The Traders Australia on TV reload Monarchy.
Speaker 1: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Did you get to keep the Traders? What looks like maybe pajamas slash Shooty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, I was like, I need a pajama sy it's cold and mountain todays. I was like, I just stuck on the hoodie and just happened to be a whole Traders and the Traders inspired moment.
Speaker 2: Can I just start off by saying, so with you on this show, I heard about the casting and I thought that you would be someone. I don't know, this sounds like really rude, but I didn't even consider you to be a substantial player, and you've shocked me because you're actually very smart and very good at reading people.
Speaker 1: I think like it was I was hoping that I'd go in and people would underestimate me. I am like young damn Dizzy come from a show like Czie Show. We all we drink is through his drinking party. But I would like to think, you know, I'm pretty switched on and I can read people pretty well. I think when you're in so many different social situations, you can start to like pick up on different ways that people act. And I think I use that in this game.
Speaker 2: You kind of have a big mouth, and we know this from Ossie Shaw. Ways wait, but in this game, I feel like your big mouth kind of sabotaged you a little bit because I feel like, in some ways, if you'd pull whack a little bit, you could have really.
Speaker 1: Month this show. Yeah, I think like if I didn't, There's the thing is, I don't know anything else apart from being being a big mouth. I think I'm very logical and when something comes up, whether it's and I was just sure and something like the Traders, I'll be the first to call it out and you would have seen it obviously with Kira, you would have seen it at the round table. When I think that I've got a piece of evidence, I would just say it. Maybe I could have waited, but I know that with myself that if I came in my South in chaotic, in my big mouth, it didn't matter if I was murdered day one or day twelve, I would have left still being me. And I think that's what I'm pretty happy with. And you know, I showcased that, and I showed that maybe I'm not just a pretty face.
Speaker 2: Jiara is an interesting person for us to talk about because you clashed with her, and so has everyone she's basically ever met. But great television. Love you. But I just want to know, did you think in real time that this is going to be a big storyline and how do you feel about it now?
Speaker 1: Look, I didn't think I even just when I called her out on it, like I was just bringing up a piece of evidence. And I think when you have two big personalities and you're calling someone out, someone's going to go on the defense and then they're just going to brood and go up. I didn't even realize it was that much of a problem, even you know, at the breakfast table like you would have seen. I was just like, oh my god, you look pretty mind in my own business and like sideswipe from Kira. So you know, I didn't think it was going to be a big storyline at all. But everyone was thinking that it was going to be like an Alex Kier feud, and all of a sudden, it's Kira and Monarky.
Speaker 2: Some people say that, you know, Kira understands the assignment with reality TV and that she turns it up. But I've met her a number of times, and whether it's at a movie premiere, whether it's at a bar, she manages to create drama like that just naturally. It's just a part of who she is, and.
Speaker 1: I think like, if she owns them, that's why she's obviously done so many shows and just kind of like own who she is the person. And I think like we all like that, Like I'm a very confrontational person, but it's also like being confrontational but also like being respectful. And I think that that's what I do in a lot of my situations is I always bring evidence, always bring logic, and I might start the drama, but it's usually for a good reason.
Speaker 2: The Alvin situation, so you basically were onto Alvin is what we now know. Your next moves were to basically uner with him. What was going to happen in regards to that? So why did you think he was a trader? And then what we're going to do to unmask him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well at that point, we're just on that challenge. And from that challenge, his group was the only group that got the questions right. There was also a question that was like who's the most trust within Everyone in the house was like, oh my gosh, we trust you Alvin because you're so cute and sweet. But for some weird reason, the answer was Josh, which everyone was like, what he knew? It? The Keyra situation. When Shane got eliminated, he started crying, but he wrote Shane's name down, and like all of those together, it was just enough evidence for me, Like considering there wasn't much evidence to go on that it would be Alvin, and obviously it was, and so going into the next round table, I would have just brought all that evidence out and considering no one had any other evidence apart from this, like Kirby grabbed me, I grabbed a queen or whatever or whatever the whole situation was, that would have been, like you know, probably the most paramount evidence that would have hopefully gotten murdered.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that a lot of people like Kirby's getting a lot of heat for a trader, like she's clearly going to get eliminated soon, because I've never seen so much heat on a trader before in my life. Do you suspect Kirby as a trader?
Speaker 1: She was obviously in those sets and stuff, So I had a little bit of a suspicion of her and as well. That's why we avoided each other quite a lot, because I didn't trust her. I think, like I knew she was switched on, and I think she knew I was switched on, So I'm like, this is not going to go well. And if I had, you know, talked to Henry and I was coming in that day to actually become really close with Henry, we probably would have taken her out at that next round table or the one after that that you know, would whether it be Alvin or her, because I didn't know about the queen, you know, jacket touch and she in this last episode said that I was the one who told her she's live. I did not say that.
Speaker 2: Well you know why she did that. You're not there to defend yourself. So she's jumping in to be can I shift to blame on that cannot speak back? I know someone who's dead.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I do this a snepegoat. But I'm also like, this is the thing is that the faith was I'm like, why did no one picked it up? Thing like obviously you would say the dead person, and like how would monarchy know it? Because in like there would have been like who would have told him because he was in the room. But when you're in that moment, you're obviously a lot of people are playing their own game. Were also well at the moment of playing Dicko's game without how they're voting. So you know, hopefully we have a few more free thinkers in the group.
Speaker 2: Now. I want to bring up someone who's not traitor related, but my favorite reality TV contestant ever in Australia is Lexi's father, Paul. Yeah no, have you ever watched Paul on his seat in a Big Brother? And has he ever mentored you with your reality TV gameplay?
Speaker 1: But are you's showing me some clips? And I don't think I want to be taking advice from Paul the eye. He's a very confidational person and like I think that's why like me and Lexi, like we lived together, we're really good mates. So I think, like he's so rogue and he just says what he says. And there's probably one takeaway that I would He's always like, just go on TV and pee yourself. If you're going to start drama, just make sure that yeah, you don't mess, which is probably you know, his whole thing of what he the career that he's built in reality TV.
Speaker 2: When they said Traders was coming out, I rang Paul and was like, this show is made for you, Like honestly, you should be on this series. And I didn't even know you were doing it, even though I knew of your connection, and I was like, Merlin needs to be in there. Actually, I just realized I sound like so old. Do you even know who Merlin and Paul? Do you know? Do you understand that drama?
Speaker 1: No? I've watch a little like bits and pieces of had season with that because he's been posting like stuff upah, and I'm like, you, I see where your daughter gets it from. I remember watching that and I'm like, I see where should gets her opinionatedness from? Because like he's he's just he doesn't care. He's like, I'll say it like, and that's exactly how Les is as well. It's like mena as that's good mates.
Speaker 2: Well, the apple never falls far from the tree. Now, Ossie, sure you've got a series of this in the bag. And obviously you said to people, you know watching the Traders, you don't have to wait too long to see me and something else on television. What can you tell me about season three? I want to know. I'm obsessed with the show.
Speaker 1: By the way, Oh, it's just going to be hipped that it's you know, as has been said, it's been filmed up on Gold Coast. Yeah, it's just going to be a fun vibe, a lot more chaotic as we are in the Aussie shore house and we've got a new house boss as well. But gata that we don't have Charlotte anymore.
Speaker 2: You're throwing a Tammy hembrow. Are you saying that Tammy Hembro is not as good as as Charlotte? What are you telling me?
Speaker 1: Definitely not so Tammy was great, just like just a different vibe. I think Tammy was a lot more like it's a lot more like motherly and a bit more like, Oh she came in the spots opportunity, whereas Darala, I'm like, I feel like she's having us work drinks with us and when she did a few times, so like, you know, she's she's a great she's a great party personality.
Speaker 2: Well, before you go, the last question ask someone is beers everyone of this is episode six hundred and six, So I always ask people are behind the scenes question. My behind the scenes question for you is how would you have gone on this game on the Traders if you were a trader? Like, how would that have looked? For us?
Speaker 1: Absolutely the same, just chaos, like I just would kind of go and just do my own thing. I think like my big mouth would have gotten me in trouble at some point. And I can't lie. I'm a big person on not lying and just saying how the facts are, and I know that I would get caught in my own little loop even though I would love to be a trader, and I think I would have just been choosing a lot of people that you wouldn't expect. I think I said it in one of my main interviews, was like I would be befriending someone and then getting rid of them the next day, because then I'd be like, no, it won't be me. Someone's sitting me up, and I would be taking out Shane like I love it, but like I would be going cut throat and that's how I am. So I would be like by Shane, by this person.
Speaker 2: But yeah, why you actually this is something I didn't plan to ask you. But why you out of Ossie Shaw? Why do you think you got picked for traders above? Everyone else is under this looking Oh my god, the youth of today, they're not not uncomfident.
Speaker 1: I think with all of us as like even everyone in the and our show knows. I'm very much switched on, and when I have arguments, I'm always logical and always like thinking what's the what what plays can I do? Whenever I'm in an argument. So, like, you know, when I told everyone I was on Traders, They're like, oh, yeah, we see that for you. Where is everyone else?
Speaker 2: Anyone else from Ossie Shaw? Potentially did they ask anyone? Do you know if anyone else saw.
Speaker 1: Do I've told them like you ay should go on? They're like nah, like they couldn't do the gameplay And I would probably agree with them.
Speaker 2: Mate. Can I just say absolutely blown out of the water with your with your time on the show, your contribution was fantastic. You carried your back must be saw you carried episode one and two. I think in a lot of ways, and I read the comments online, a lot of people felt like that, congratulations. Lovely to talk to you and just enjoy being a part of the Traders universe. It's globally recognized and being you know, very much celebrated.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.