Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Live from.
Speaker 2: Richmond, Gold one four point three HQG, Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 3: I'm accustoming to the welfare Christian. Yeah, Jackie boys working out. Check out the gun show.
Speaker 2: Oh Connor, No, no, don't suck me for breakfast show.
Speaker 4: That's very violent.
Speaker 5: Did he see earlier on a Monday morning?
Speaker 3: It sucks loud? Hey, good morning, it's ten minutes past six Monday morning. We are back as the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Pat, Hey boys, goome on and Jack Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: It is a genuine joint you back here and is a joy to see you both again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say the same. It's great.
Speaker 3: See I actually really missed you guys. I missed Melbourne, I missed Australia. It was the I've been back home to London and see mom and my sister and my dad and some old friends. And then we went to France and I have to say so first time I've been back since we moved here fourteen months ago. Now, I was homesick for here, which is great. Yeah, kids felt the same way. They couldn't wait to be back, and my wife as well. It made me appreciate how lucky ams to have all this.
Speaker 2: And so no part of you go back to the streets of London and you're like, this is.
Speaker 3: I tell you what it felt. It felt very frantic and obviously that was a big part of my life for twenty odd years working in London. But then when you step off the treadmill for about thirteen months, I know, you think it's busy here. There's nothing compared to London. Is you've been in London, you know it's nuts. People just mow you down if you get in the way. And it was I felt like a tourist. Oh so the buildings are so big, and also because I haven't haven't been exposed to the London accent a lot. You hear the odd pony over here, obviously, but obviously that everything the accent felt really over the top, like it was in a movie.
Speaker 5: It felt really like Michael Kane.
Speaker 3: Yes it did. Actually I think it was in high definition. The buildings, the countryside and the accents were all oh god, because I haven't heard that for a long time, well not even that long, but no, I missed it. I missed Australia lot. I missed a friendliness of Melbourne. And when I arrived Friday morning at four thirty best time to ever arrive is at four thirty morning. People just USh you through through. Everyone's just tired. I just everything was just an easy way, just to glide through an airport a half four in the morning. However, the guy checking my passport, I handed my passport. He looked at him, without even looking at me, he just said, you're back on a Monday. You came back, and then he was kind of to say welcome home. And it was the one the highlights and my trip was here in that So anyway, how's America? Jack?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, I've had the best two weeks. Actually feels like months. I feel like I haven't been here for months. It's strange, isn't it? Loved it? Where do I start? Almost didn't even go.
Speaker 3: So tell him all, where did you go to America? Where was your trip?
Speaker 2: We flew into Florida, which is where my wife's parents live, and then we went to New York and then back through la and back here again.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean, honestly, I'll tell you after this I almost literally didn't make it out of the country.
Speaker 3: Apats the little boys grown up. He's throwing and doing his own teasers. Now, look, he's going to tell us after this, who says I'm going to go to this next? Do you improve? Jackpie? We're now going to remind you who show this is.
Speaker 2: I wait to go to this, but I don't play the song.
Speaker 3: I go, well, I'll tell you when I play the songs. Don't come back like that. Maybe in America you've got you know, listening to radiot there sometimes the sidekicked run stuff as well.
Speaker 5: Thinks he's how it's too yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looks at the Jackie boys junks in One Lake and Lake Glacid. We've all seen it on Instagram.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 3: Now he's in charge of when we go to next. I'll go to next now, but don't even tell him we're going to next, Fat Patsy, I'm going to ask you what you did next? Moon five. This is Love on God one oh four point three. Come morning. I hope you well. I hope you had a great weekend, and I hope you've had a good two weeks as well. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but uh, Cricket World Cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: An amazing weekend a sport. Then some very big close games of the weekend in footy, in tennis, Wimbledon. It's been the longest singles final ever between Djokovic or Shokovich, as are class. That's according for no good reason.
Speaker 5: Did I say Shokovich?
Speaker 3: You do? Every time you do pay it back to you call him Shokovich.
Speaker 8: Do I?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's been ane headline Djokovic jockch Yeah, between and Roger Federer, and then in the Cricket World Cup.
Speaker 3: I can't wrap my head around this. Obviously, cricket is an ancient game with rules have been written down since the eighteen eighteen hundreds. The Cricket World Cup final then, obviously Australia were humiliated last week. New Zealand, actually New Zealand and country in the Southern Hemisphere. They've actually got books. They managed to get into the final and it was so close that it was a tie. They had to go to someone called a super over, and they had to go to something called a boundary count. Very cricket, isn't it where they go back and count all the boundaries from previous games in the World Cup and England have won.
Speaker 2: Does anyone on the team even though that's the real rule or do they have to go back to some rule book and go like the first time?
Speaker 3: But do you know what, rather than us fumble around with this, Rio who works on the show, right, is a super fan of sport and there's a lot of blogs on it as well, and he's a massive cricket fan and in fact, two weeks ago on the show was the guy who has taken great delight that England had choked, which they did two weeks ago, two weeks a long time in sport, Rio Christian, tell me about what's happened at the World Cup then for cricket.
Speaker 9: So England and New Zealand had the same score at the end of the game after the fifty overs, and then so it goes to an extra super over both teams hit fifteen runs.
Speaker 3: What happens in the super over is it whoever gets the most runs as in a normal over.
Speaker 9: Yep, so it's just one over, one six ball over unless you know, no balls and words.
Speaker 2: And then what if someone goes out in that overall, can they all just go for boundaries?
Speaker 9: They can all just go for boundaries. But if you get out, obviously that's one ball, you haven't got any runs. Yep, Oh it was. They both got fifteen at the end of that over.
Speaker 3: That's insane. Did it ever happen before a Cricket World Cup? Not in the final? Wow, that's amazing. And so then what happens they go for the super over. There's no there's no real winner. So in like in a in a soccer World Cup, you have extra time, then you have the awful thing of you know, during that golden goal, first team to get a goal is the winner. Then it goes to a penalty shootout. So that's how they decided what happens. Then there what's this about the boundary count?
Speaker 9: They count whichever team had the most boundaries across the fifty overs, and the super over is the winner.
Speaker 3: So it's a pretty cruel way for New Zealand to lose. Oh that's really harsh, isn't it. You couldn't help but feel, if you're a pee wee that you were somehow robbed a bit. It's not in fair play of the game, is.
Speaker 9: It, Or well, you got it. Someone's got to win eventually, maybe they do another super Over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't they just keep playing Superovers? It's a good question.
Speaker 3: Why couldn't they just like get random fans to come out on playing take one like that? That one felt that would feel a bit fairer to win it. But it doesn't Matterland have won the Cricket World Cup. Thank you for all your non congratulations.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Great. Anyway, Coming up next Jackson to tell us about his visa.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So Jacks has come back from a big adventure with his wife in America. And obviously you booked this a while ago. Yeah last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over summer, Yeah, over Christmas.
Speaker 3: Now on Friday show two weeks ago. You were laughing at me because I am one of those guys who will insist on getting to an airport way too early for my flight back from London to come to Melbourne. This got too much. I was there four and a half hours early. I could even check it in.
Speaker 2: I don't let you check in.
Speaker 3: I I was living at the airport. You're just wandering around, you don't know what the food bits and the duty free shopping and all that. That's the other side. I felt like, what's that movie where he's living at the air terminal? This is am I ever going to get back to Melbourne. I'm now I'm just stuck here. I always get there early. And you were laughing two weeks ago saying that you like to just breeze in.
Speaker 2: I give myself a half hour buffer before the check in closer.
Speaker 3: Just makes me feel very uncomfortable, very uncomfortable, but it almost is the undoing of me.
Speaker 2: So Mum drove us to the airport and she said, on the way, have you feel have you got a visa for America?
Speaker 3: The travel visa is cute. You're a thirty one year old merried man. Your mom's taking you to the airport. My parents have never taken me to any airport in my life. I would even ask them. That is so lovely. Mum and dad had taken their little son and his wife at the airport.
Speaker 2: It was nice and it was actually very lucky because I hadn't done that visa.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, I don't understand this. If you go to America like the visa application, I mean look in the news. Let's chuck you in a cage if you get it wrong. It's they're put it into Trump Gone and it's even stronger. So and the same. If you come to Australia on holiday from Europe, you've got to go online and do your visa. It's all online. Sometimes it can take twenty four hours or seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: See, well that's the bit. I didn't know my memory of it was. Last time I did it electric online. It just sent it to my email straight away. So I said, Mom, don't worry about I do it.
Speaker 3: I'll do it now.
Speaker 2: You do it online.
Speaker 3: So on the journey to the airport, you haven't got a visa, I can believe it. They won't even let you check in. They didn't.
Speaker 2: Yes, they didn't let me check in. So I got to the desk and she I said, here's my passport and she's like, oh, you need a visa. I said, yep, just just did it. She said, it's the application is pending.
Speaker 3: But who thinks they can just get on a plane with a phrase. I've done it. Trust me, I'm good for I'm a good guy. I mean, I'm the last person who's going to blow up any stuff. So just see you know, I haven't got the papers. But look at me, you know, do I look like one of those people you see on the news. I'm a good guy.
Speaker 2: She said. It can be pending for up to seventy two hours. Really, what's got half an hour?
Speaker 3: What's your wife, Bianka doing? If it was me, Sara, would you want.
Speaker 2: So she's still got her American passport, so she's allowed to fly out. She should be furious at me. She's not, which is is lovely of her, because I've been an absolutely.
Speaker 3: She had any medicaid at the time because my wife, They've had to call police to get her off me as she was ripping my balls off and feeding them to each.
Speaker 2: She went in for pending, she went into actually be very helpful. Most she was talking to the supervisor and the manager and anyone she could speak to.
Speaker 3: Who do you speak to Trump?
Speaker 2: Well, I tried to call Homelown security. I tried to call this strained embassy in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: My.
Speaker 3: Post.
Speaker 2: The line's gone some people so they don't deal with visas or passports, so that was a dead end. So I just I was saying goodbye to Bianca and said well, I guess I have to come tomorrow or like fly.
Speaker 3: The next time to start of your big holiday.
Speaker 2: Ten minutes before the checking closes, an email comes through to say that you are.
Speaker 3: I hate you.
Speaker 2: It's not fair, very life this time. No, I'll never learn my lesson and that's what annoys me.
Speaker 1: The Christian o' connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So Patsy Jack was in America. I went over to Europe. What have you been up to for your two week break mate?
Speaker 10: I did the school holiday thing with the eight year old? Did all lots happen in Melbourne over the second term?
Speaker 3: There's loads on do you do the Disney on Ice?
Speaker 10: Did Disney on Ice which was fabulous.
Speaker 3: And you're performing in that show on you?
Speaker 5: Oh? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was Moana?
Speaker 3: Oh lovely.
Speaker 10: No, it was fantastic this year and other great performance. Every year gets better on Disney on Ice. Went to the movies a couple of times.
Speaker 3: What have you seen?
Speaker 5: We saw Aladdin?
Speaker 3: Is that good?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 5: It's a bit dark in places? She was a bit scared.
Speaker 10: But probably not my famous or most favorite remake of Disney, but still worth going if that makes sense. Yeah, it does a bit of black magic and yeah, a little bit scary.
Speaker 3: But sorry, so I thought we were just taking off another thing that you did. We did an evening.
Speaker 10: Course on black Man, but we do that out with what else do we do? And we had to stay in the city, which was nice. How Be treated Audrey and I to our birthday treat in the week in the city on one weekend, which was nice. And one thing that never fails to amaze me when you go into a motel room or a hotel room.
Speaker 2: Here we go Crown Motels.
Speaker 10: Yes, is you've got the Bible and a shoehorn in the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're sticking with it, aren't they.
Speaker 5: You know the stool, there's a shoehorn. Who use is a shoehorn? Steal?
Speaker 3: Do you think there are any listeners that own a shoehorn?
Speaker 2: No, I've never shoehorned.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Sometimes if you're buying a pair of shoes, depending on the shoe shop, they will bring out wait there, sir, and they bring you a shore and then you have to do that thing like you know how to use it, and they stand above you and you're like, do I what do I do? Beat my smash my into the shoe. Do I beat the shoe? Do I pick my nose with this? What do you do with that? How do I? I've never been trained in the shoehorn.
Speaker 5: I've got a shoehorn.
Speaker 10: I'd rather more towels, like there was only two towels in the room for the three of us, or a laundry bag for all your togs and stuff so you don't have to take them home in your suitcase or wet all.
Speaker 3: Some electrical sockets you can actually reach withoutticicat. Yes, they don't like it. They don't want us using the electric to charge your phone, are they. You've got to get behind that strange mini business desk facing the wall. It's never the proper depth of a desk, is it. No, it's about six inches.
Speaker 2: And that's why you always leave a charger behind this because it's him.
Speaker 5: I do that every time.
Speaker 3: Seriously, you know you're going to go and see a chiropractice on but what do you do? I just tried to charge my phone. That was all in the hotel.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I want to note sorry not eat some stuff and I've eaten so much food in France. There's my blood crops, red wine, varn rouge, god, I have really you know when you like I'm eating like a pig.
Speaker 2: Me too. I've done Hamburger's hot dogs, steaks.
Speaker 3: Did I took my gym gear thinking this is going to be the chip I use. I'm going to use these trainers shorts. I'm going to find her Jim. You know, seriously, the only thing I ran for was last orders at a couple of bars. There was no running for our cheese boy.
Speaker 2: I went one step further and brought a resistance Baan, this is great to pack into his luggage on the hotel. You can climbs in his way.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere near it. All right, So we've got another broad topic. We're back, and within the first hour of being back, we are talking about shoehorns. I'd imagine that there'll be a lot of this on the various breakfast shows EV filling in for fee fee about Eddie McGuire has got a shoehorn.
Speaker 2: He has a shoehorn, definitely.
Speaker 3: I think probably ivory or an antique mahogany or so that he will have a shoehorn and probably a container that will well off people do to put umbrellas in. You're like an actual elephant tusk.
Speaker 2: Or a shoehorn guy like a butler that just does the shoehorn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's Dars. You know he lives with him understairs. Okay, so to us, Yes morning ninety four one four one o four three. Do any of you own a shoehorn? Good morning, Helen, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 13: Welcome back everyone.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Helen. It's lovely to be back. Thanks for welcoming us back. And do you own a shoehorn?
Speaker 13: No, but my husband does, does he?
Speaker 3: When did he get this thing?
Speaker 13: When he got his word boots Christian? Now we're in the box. He was in the box and it's yellow. When I thought, oh my god, I haven't seen those since I was a kid. Did I still have them? And I obviously do?
Speaker 3: And who is making them? Is there still a big global demand for shoehorns?
Speaker 13: Well? I don't know, but I didn't think tradies whatever?
Speaker 2: He no, why it's a trading shoehorn.
Speaker 3: I love that very post trade, isn't he?
Speaker 13: It was in the steelcup boots box?
Speaker 3: I love that well? And do you think that he's he's not using that on the site. Is he Is he using that shoehorn before he goes anywhere near the site? Excuse guys, is going to get my shoe horn out to go my hard yaka boots.
Speaker 13: Well, he works in a brick factory, so maybe he uses it to get the brick dust out of his shoes.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that we've got a trade who is sticking with the fine art of the shoehorn.
Speaker 2: Shoehorns enough for scooping stuff out of your shoe though.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what this guy uses it for. All Right, Helen, thank you very much. She cool. Have a good day mate, you too. God By Christian. I don't own a shoehorn, but I do remember they used to pop up all the time in my Christmas Crackers? Who are Prince Harry?
Speaker 11: All?
Speaker 3: That was a tiny nail clipper and that miniature screwdriver had an actual shoehorn in Christmas Crackers. Some of the road household they're texting the show. Let's get a Sally. Come on, Sally, Hi, good morning, how are you. I'm good Sally. I hope you well this morning. Had a great weekend, Sally, do you own a shoehorn.
Speaker 14: Well, I do, but it is my husband's also. And yeah, it came with a really nice pier of English shoe is in.
Speaker 12: A lovely shoe box.
Speaker 3: That are you opening up a coffee? No, not anymore, not any war any not since the incident. Yes, he's got a shoehorn. Came with an English gir shoes.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, But I've been using the shoehorn recently because I got a beautiful pair of Scandinavian boots and I couldn't put them on.
Speaker 3: European footwear him with the other shoes, and he was just Scandinavian.
Speaker 14: What beautiful Scandinavian boots which I got a Mounteliza.
Speaker 8: And I couldn't get them put I couldn't put them on.
Speaker 14: And the shoehorn is fantastic. They just glide on.
Speaker 3: Were they really right? Okay, I'm thinking we need to get some of these as breakfast show merchandise. We've all had the musks, we've done car stickers. We need a shoehorn, a showhorn. How do you know where we go? I mean you can get like T shirts printed up with anything. I didn't know where we begin. Someone that's knocking out shoehorns. I think we take one last. We got to one last corner, Mitch. Good morning, Good morning mate, how are you? I'm good, Mitch. Have you had a good weekend.
Speaker 12: I've had a great weekend. I hope you have thirty sounds like your holiday away was pretty special.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It's great to about though, Mitch, and did your team win the weekend?
Speaker 12: Or next subject? You don't have to talk about a shoehorn. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Come on, it's Monday morning, and so Mitch, do you own a shoehorn.
Speaker 12: I've got next level shoe horn that's about to meet along. I don't even send.
Speaker 3: These look great.
Speaker 12: I haven't hanging in my cupboard above all my leather shoes when I'm in a suit or when I'm wearing g it's a little bit more fitted to go out on a special night. I just grab it, slider in the shoes, stepping like a rock sass one step forward and do it with the other.
Speaker 3: Do you know what.
Speaker 12: They use it on the football bods? Really? You know what kids are like? They don't open the laces all the way so they realize that they're they can now use my one made of shoe on which comes up to their waistline, maybe the floating room and then actually.
Speaker 3: Do I've got an image? You know they say that the D's are the posh team, aren't they?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 3: And all the fans are. I love the idea of like Max Scorn and that using a shoehorn to get boosts all the game yesterday.
Speaker 12: That's still have they still have their place, definitely.
Speaker 3: So that's incredible when you say that you see your foot just glides into the shoe.
Speaker 12: Surely have made of your calibar, has put on some gloriously beIN socks and a beautiful.
Speaker 3: Pair of you know, I've got a new pair of shoes that I brought back from England. You're right, and they are awkward to get on. The idea of it just gliding in is and especially early in the morning, any shoes, whether your train is, everything just needs to glide. You want to glide out your bed. I need a bedhorn.
Speaker 12: Look when you're when you're started everything to see and you're ready to walk at the door and all you're going to do is put those kicks on the and you.
Speaker 3: Can with Mitch. Mitch. I can't thank you enough. This phone call is this is it now We're going to look into today one thing team after the show. We need show shoehorns. We all need to be like Mitch. Follow the Mitch.
Speaker 1: Thank you and you Mitch, thanks for going by the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning. I hope you're well. We're back. It's eight minutes past seven Monday morning. Already I feel bad. An hour into the show. There is a team member, an actual adult, who comes to work hoping to do something good. They're currently looking online for where in Melbourne you can buy a shoehorn. That's what I've come back with, shoehorns. Can we have some show merchandise shoehorns for you? Christian. My father has a shoehorn swears by his sixties and it's been using this. You've been using them for years. We didn't win us. Quite a few of you have got there's even a trade in Melbourne who use a shoehorn to get these big still cap boots.
Speaker 2: I have never wanted to use something more than I want to use a shoehorn right now.
Speaker 3: These people been calling in before seven o'clock, raving about the foot gliding into the shoe.
Speaker 2: So you have to have a posh shoe, Like do you have to have a leather shoe? Or could I do it with these just you know, normal trainers.
Speaker 3: I think you could do it. You don't get that, do you when you go to JD's Sports or rebel. Let me just get the trainer horn. So I've been in So I went back to see my mum and my sister and my dad. I went back to London, had a couple of days there and then went to France. I went to a place in France and never been to. And it's a place called Nice down the south of France. Beautiful place right, incredible, beautiful people, and so they dress elegantly, even going down to the beach. They've got like an outfit for that, you know everything, Even the guys they wear a shirt, an actual iron shirt to go and walk on the beach. I didn't see a single sort of vest or single it or anyth of that. An iron shirt to go down the waich Very start ash people, very very expensive place. Whenny were so expensive my life. Get this, you've got to pay to go on along on the beach, how much? Well it's it's like a gig. You were in the front row. Seventy bucks for the bed. No, I've got this four people. I've got to pay for my wife and the kids. Right. So anyway, guess what road we were at every single delevation the fifth throw, seriously, a fifth row. You can barely see the beach.
Speaker 5: Did that get you a banana lounge?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 3: No, Well you had like a bed, but it's still fifty bucks each, two hundred dollars to go down to the beach just to lie in the sun. That's free.
Speaker 2: But surely they can't get all beaches. I can you keep walking down past the chairs and going to the beach if.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah, you can, but good lunch on a get to them. They've got the more. Honestly, I've never been to a place more money obsessed in my life. It was just a beautiful place. But it's all about money and they have and they have not. Anyway, while we're there, one day we met some friends and they've got two kids and they're playing my two kids, and they're all swimming in the sea, and we were all saying, it's a nice thing, just walk into the sea. Of course, we're terrified everytime we go in the scene. Fast forward twenty minutes later, my kids come running out the sea and they're like, Olivia has been hit by a jellyfish. And her friend comes out. She's screaming right across her forehead. She's got the lashes. Oh wow. So she's screaming right now, sitting down on my bed, and I go, careful, that's cost me at fifty bucks. Yeah, and I got me, honest, I you know, we're in panic moments. She's screaming pain, and you know what it's like. People are every one of the beach is now looking at us and they see a child screaming. There's a French guy with his beautiful wife. They're just having lunch, right and he goes to me, excuse me, this is the accident. Okay, this is literally what he said to me. Excuse me, excuse me, sir, excuse me, it's sir. And I look around like, yeah, your doctor, and he goes, I know this sounds crazy, put some toothpaste on it. And I'm like, oh, got any toothpaste? So carry on going, you know, trying can we get some ice or somebody goes, excuse me, has anyone got any toothpaste? Who has too? Have you got toothpaste down the beach? Plarenty toothpaste is great for it? No, one only need toothpaste obviously. Then he goes, excuse me, sir, and I go, yeah, I got the toothpaste thing. We haven't got it. He goes get a credit card out and went and do what pay for more stuff? Now we've got to pay extra to be stung by one of your frenchy jellyfish. Get this was a great idea. I didn't know you should do this right. You get the credit card and you scrape it like an ice scraper across the forehead. Where have you've been been? And the tentacles come out? Ye, there's a five minutes to keep brushing it really tightly with the forehead, and all these white little legs come at you skin.
Speaker 2: How big are they like little spines?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like little spines. There's stingers or stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So what was the toothpaste meant to do? Because they would have stuck.
Speaker 3: It in there? You know, I googled it. I couldn't find anything about what this French guy was on about. I don't know whether he was trying to wind me up or anything like that. And the other thing as well. Seriously, France, if you're listening right now, the rudest place have ever been to my life.
Speaker 2: Well, that guy was trying to help you there.
Speaker 3: Well you arrest of them. I mean, come on, frenchy, would it kill you to me? They don't care whether you having a good time or not. They're just like this, You're lucky to see us beautiful people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the rivalry between English and France, I mean maybe they just saw you as an Englishman and what is it?
Speaker 3: A target? Why don't people like it? I'm starting to realize travel the world lights over here. In fact, why if I come here thinking you might like to hang out with me in the morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey Christian, welcome back to you and the team. I hope that you go. That got stunn by the Jedifish is okay? She was about an hour later it all calmed down. She was absolutely fine. Here in Australia, we take vinegar with us to the beach, which is the best treatment for the stings. Marian, is that right you've heard?
Speaker 10: Yeah, if you go up to the sundays. They have boxes by the beach, but that's not fit for your chips like middle boxes.
Speaker 5: And inside this.
Speaker 3: Actually a mayonnaise into that wound as well, and it smells great and tastes great and is a healer as well.
Speaker 5: No, there's bottles of vinegar that you can grow the vinegar.
Speaker 3: Do you've been stung?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: I don't want to put vinegar in an open wound.
Speaker 5: I think they don't like it. If they're still clung on the let go.
Speaker 3: Who don't like it?
Speaker 5: Jellyfish?
Speaker 2: Sure, but they're not still there.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they can cling to your leg. Now that I can cling to your leg.
Speaker 3: What do you mean if they don't like it?
Speaker 11: Why did they do that?
Speaker 5: Why they don't like.
Speaker 3: Why don't they Why can't you get bored? Shorts and that are coating in vinegar? Do sharks hate that as well?
Speaker 2: Or just mix the name with your SPF.
Speaker 3: That nice vinegar smell. One of the best things about going away for me was when I came back to go and pick up my dog on Saturday from the dog City. Yes, oh boy, right, if you have a dog, right, if you go out for the day or just go to the seven level and you come back, They're like, oh, I see you in ten minutes. You go away for two weeks. This dog is a German shepherd dog. Went buzz uk. I'm talking ten minutes of the kind of affection I have never had from my wife or my kids. She was like, she actually can't doesn't want to do with her big body, the noise, actually trying. She was actually trying to speak to me, to say much and list in their mind, I've been away for two weeks, okay, and whenever I drop the dog off, I always have a chat with her. Okay, listen, going away for two weeks, okay, I'm hoping that you'll actually she's running, so I'm not dying. Can we repeat that? Match me, I'm not dead and coming back anyway. I guess in their mind they must think you've died.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you're not coming back, you know anything.
Speaker 3: About People were excited when Jesus came back from the dead after three days. In her mind, I'm bigger than Jesus because I've come back from the dead after two weeks. If you if you thought a friend had died and it were mourning for them, and then two weeks later, you're like you saw them, just want to come and get them, And so I get why my dog goes berserk.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three been some of this morning about jellyfish stings and the use of a Patsy recommending vinegar some.
Speaker 2: Friends because the jelly don't.
Speaker 3: Like it, hate it.
Speaker 5: Take my wed for it.
Speaker 3: You know, if you get any kind of survey going with a hundred jellyfish, let's talk about what you hate now clipping vinegar. You come up with vinegar, we're going to cry. But I'm curious to know the science and got some on the line now as a first aid trainer. Wally, Good morning, money, christ How are we Yeah, I'm good mate, Thanks for cooling going to helping us out here. So tell us vinegar does it work?
Speaker 12: Yes, it does.
Speaker 15: It kills off one of the proteins or a couple of the proteins and the jelly sting, and that's what stops its stinging and does the venom then has a less effect on your body.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, and then tell me this. Obviously we don't always have good to go vinegar around a lot of people swear By. I don't know if it's no, but myth about urine being able to help, is that true?
Speaker 15: Yes, that was one years ago. It was the ammonia. I think it is in the urine, but it's not hy genius.
Speaker 2: So it does work, but you wouldn't recommend it.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 3: I thought urine was sterile, but you've still got ammonia in it, right, and that's bad? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, and depending on hey down, it's the ammonia that creates some of the smell with the urine too, right, Okay, I think about the I wouldn't trust the urine to be one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: There are and I guess if you've got but it's surely if you're out and about and you're in pain and that's the only thing you've got, is it better than nothing?
Speaker 15: It's not recommended.
Speaker 2: Okay? What if you got really clear pee? You know, sometimes you go and it's just so clear, like you've drunk heaves water.
Speaker 3: Do we need this question? Let's not come back and start getting into the color of urine streams. Okay, it's made him choke. We can't have listeners choking. Okay, but I've got.
Speaker 15: To be very careful what I say, due to the fact I teach it. I've been teaching it a long time, may be.
Speaker 3: Forty years, right, Okay, what all kinds of first aid?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, Walle you're the guy I've been saying to the team for ages. No one on his team where the breakfast show teams are the only people in the building. None of us are first day trained unesday. We're vulnerable. Not just that we've got a really old producer, Brad. I mean he's got kneel by mouth. Do not necessitate a by his desk? We need first aids.
Speaker 15: You probably do. Everyone should be doing first day courses these days. You never know when you're going.
Speaker 3: To meet it exactly. Yeah, Wally, could you come in and teach us?
Speaker 7: I don't think.
Speaker 12: I'd have time.
Speaker 15: The only day I get off of a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: We can do Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Monday to Friday happens on a Wednesday. We have that day on.
Speaker 12: Oh, I can't pull we commit to that one Christian.
Speaker 15: I'd have to see how we could see it.
Speaker 2: Up teachable all right, whyy, But when Brad falls over and nobody else can help him.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't know whether it's five to one, ten to one one to one at the Old Mouth to Chest.
Speaker 1: It's thirty Wally, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Bangles Scot one a four point three Come on in Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. We're back as twenty two eight and it's for Monday mornings, Big Misheard Lyrics.
Speaker 4: It's just another miss.
Speaker 11: Christian O'Connell's Misshard Lyrics.
Speaker 3: We're all quite impressed. We've actually gone on playing the song I forgot the opener has that as well.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that made me so giddy?
Speaker 3: Bit yeah all right, so how this works and even heard on Monday morning miss heard Lyrics. It's literally that you suggest the misshard lyrics that you've heard, We play them out and we other put them into a hall of fame or not. So if we like them, and we think definitely we can mishear the lyrics. If it's a then if it's a great one, it goes into a Hall of fame from Miss her Lyrics Hall of Fame. Recently inducted into the miss herd Lyrics Hall of Fame. George Michael Better Better Better And this is the most recent one from Destiny's Child. I farted all right, so this outworks. We do it in two parts. Part one is from a guy called Big John and listens to the show and is obsessed with Missfred lyrics. He gives us a brand new top five rough Monday, and then part two, I'll go through all the ones who've been sending in every single day on holiday last two weeks that we're off our good loyal listeners sending in mishad lyrics.
Speaker 2: So we should have a good day.
Speaker 3: And then got loads of to day, so Big John's top five here we go. Then first of all, one direction, drag me down. Got be honest, I've never heard of this song.
Speaker 4: Never please birds?
Speaker 3: The shell of a man can never be his.
Speaker 4: Best, Never please birds?
Speaker 3: Or is it the shell of a man can never be his vest? So I think about planning a lot of talk about that she.
Speaker 4: Never please birds?
Speaker 3: Is it there?
Speaker 4: Never please?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling all right. Let's go to Adele Hometown glory song.
Speaker 11: Rama.
Speaker 3: Afray from my hometown My memories are fresh? Or is it from my hometown? May and Maureens are fresh?
Speaker 11: Rama on its afray?
Speaker 3: I do hear May and Maureens afresh rama on May's afraid given that one. Let's go to ed sharing now, shape of your body, little perv. Love's right, Fred shooing to say that?
Speaker 2: You know who can't say that?
Speaker 3: Well, you can't go to a girl now in a bar and go I'm in love with the shabby body there you get thrown out anyway, can say it in love eds in love with your body? Or is it he's in love with Barney. I'm hearing I'm in love with you, Barney, bloody love you.
Speaker 5: Barney's great.
Speaker 3: Oh I like that a lot. Yes, you can go all the wanted who some boy band lightning, just you and me and the goats in the bathroom. That is worth The word goats in the bathroom supposed to be coats in the bathroom, but I'm hearing goats in the bathroom. And then we go to this classic Queen with David Bowie under pressure. I'm not sure we should be doing this, you know, sat on the fence. But it don't work, or is it? I don't think we can.
Speaker 2: I guess I know what it is is it's start with the first word. You can't do that. That's actually worth what I thought you were.
Speaker 3: We won't be doing that one when we come back. Then I was about to do that, Thank god I checked. When we come back then we've got all the ones you've been sending in for the last two weeks.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three for part two of this it's.
Speaker 3: Just another miss herdman Christian O'Connell's miss Herd lyrics. All right, how it's time for the big round up? Then, all the ones you've been sending in over the last two weeks since we've been away. First of all, we go to a young Frian of the show low Loel hope them pronounce your name right mate? He's eight. How do you spell it l o w e double l lowe Lowell.
Speaker 5: Lowell lowe loo as in tow.
Speaker 3: L o w e. She got low their stray well, then in the double L at the end like co connell, so I'd say Loel. He sat there nodding his head. Right now, young sir, my name is Loel and I'm eight years old. Hello, young sir, I listened to your alradio show my dad's car. Thank you for clarifying that, because you've just said in your car. I've been thinking eight is a little bit young to be driving your south to school.
Speaker 2: He's Lowel.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can do whatever he wants because he's Lowel. And my favorite thing is the Mishurd Monday Show. I've got one for you here, Bohemian Rhapsody. This is a great This is a great one. Okay, now those finely tuned ears Ofel Bohemian Rhapsody. Anyway, the wind blows. Our young friend Loel is hearing hit me with the window.
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hit me? Is there, Lowel? It's fifty percent, isn't it. I hear him.
Speaker 2: I think it's fifty one.
Speaker 3: Let's do that well, lovely to hear from you are our young friend Loel Christian. Every time I listened to Gold playing Africa Toto, I blessed the rains down in Africa, I hear I guess Lorraines down in Africa like she's on holiday. I love this one. I'm going to put that in this hall of favor.
Speaker 2: Okay, where's Lorraine? I guess Lorraine's down in Africa.
Speaker 3: Guess Lorraines down in Africa. When you get these bang on, whenever you next hear that song, you hear that I'm forever now gonna when they go that bit, which is at two minutes thirty. And by the way, there are some of you I really love when you went to this. You actually timecode it, like you'll go back and listen to song and it'll actually timecode work is Thank you very much beg for doing that one, this one journey. Don't stop believing.
Speaker 11: You have the city bad on in a raising.
Speaker 3: Save, all right? Just a city boy born and raised in South Detroit or is it one for the hipsters? Just a city boy born and raised in South Fitzroy.
Speaker 11: You have the city bad on in a raising salve.
Speaker 2: I've wanted it to.
Speaker 3: Be there, mister cass edging it.
Speaker 11: You have the city bad on in a raising salve.
Speaker 3: It's not sorry, David and mill Park buddy, I'm sorry, it's not right. All right, let's go to who we got here? Angela another adele one rolling in the deep. Okay, she's hearing the backing singers. Used to be a weird sheep, never had bad feet.
Speaker 2: All right, you're gonna listen to the backing.
Speaker 3: Crank it app okay, crank it app Listen to the backing singers. Okay, when you're listening out for. They start really quietly. They do say it sounds like it used to be a weird sheep, never had bad feet. Yeah, sorry, that is subtle, gotta be right? Yeah, all right, let's go to uh this classic hear on this radio station Beach Boys Kacomo to Martinique that monserrat mystique or is it to Martinique that mums are rotten steak? That is a brilliant one. Who we got to thank for this Michelle and Nick two person team. Mum's a rotten steak? It's there.
Speaker 11: That's a brilliant one.
Speaker 3: Well done, Michelle and Nick's Hall of fame. All right, we got time for two more. So many that came in while we're away. Uh, I's boring. Let's go to this one. All right. This is from another junior fan of the show. We got eleven year old Matt. He's a massive fan of bon Jovi and this song, Oh we're living on a prayer? Or who is it to young eleven year old Matte squid Ward on a chair? I'm afraid. I'm afraid since I've been away, our younger viewers off their game. Matt, don't offer us weak fruit like that, my friend ever, I'm sorry, Matt Incos, all right, one last one then from Lauren Henderson. Yea detailed email here I sed to living in the UK from nineteen ninety eight to two thousand and three, and you'll show off that reminds me of my time over there. Fondly, I have a submission for Misheard Monday winds have changed by Scorpions. Awful song when I'm afraid wants more of this show is trapped back into discussing we there's been too much out the last sound. I'm not proud of it, Okay, so we should be hearing where the children of tomorrow dream away, Brackets dream away in the wind of change. I'm afraid, Lauren Henderson, it's saying old enough Tomorrow dream they wi, brackets dream they wi in the wind of change. I don't want to say this, but that is bang on. It does sound like, be careful kids about peeing in the winds. They are dreaming a wing and the wind of change. Be careful kids if it changes, all right, if you've got any fun next week. That's how it works. We're looking for yours, Christian at gold one O four three dot com. Dot Au, but thank you very much for tend us those while the show was away The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I hope you realize that I'm being very restrained about England winning the Cricket World Cup, especially because obviously we you know, we beat Australian last last week. Andy Lee is not being civil. He's texting me saying, hey, fair play, well done to England to tying the World Cup and we want it. Don't be that, okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean if there's ever a win on of technicality though surely.
Speaker 3: This is on our statusy, it's very Australian to do that. Okay. By the way, it's only in sport. You ever hear the phrase crashing out? Dan't you like? There are all these headlines that Australia crashed out last week gets in it. It's only in sport, isn't the people crash out? You don't hear about someone at the Oscars not winning one and Nicole Nicole Kimmons crashed out the Oscars. It's only ever in sport, isn't it. So we've all been away. Jack's been in America and I've been back in the UK and London, and then we went to France. Had a week there in the south of France, a beautiful place called Nice and some most stunning sort of scenery and sea color that I've ever seen in beautiful food and grape wines and one of the things the kids want to do. We're on the beach one day, and I'll be honest with you, I was feeling a bit dusty, not touched into never had rose. You've had rose before, love a rose. I've never had any pats. But I feel like, how has this been kept secret from me? I've always writ off as not being not wine. But it's beautiful, isn't it in the sun. So anyway, I'd had a little bit too much of the local French rose and it was lovely. And the next morning wasn't feeling well well, but it was really hot. We were down the beach by nine o'clock. Ten o'clock, my teenager goes, do you fancy going out on the sea kayak? My immediate thoughts are, now I'm under rollie and I'm going to be here until lunch time. Maybe not a glass of rose to try and fill something right now, I'm struggling, but you have to go. You fancy that. I was hoping in my tone I would put her off somehow. She goes, yeah, I'd love to. I go great, great, yeah, okay, and I don't. I didn't. I'd forgotten my cap to wear. And it was baking hot. I mean it was like thirty six and we go down there. We get the sea kayak out to go into the sea and it is so hot straight away and I'm doing all the okay kayaking do you call it? Found at the front of always goes Dad, can we can we go like cove over there?
Speaker 2: So she's not even puddle herself, she's got.
Speaker 3: One, but it's more like, you know, she's just flicking you know, water at me. In summer. I'm doing all It's like basically I work for her and I'm ferrying around from another country and she's like, Daddy, can you take me to that cove over there? I'n't even heard the word cove? Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: A hole in the water.
Speaker 3: There's about a mile away an hour row like on the slaves and again whoa, and there's hang up. I'm getting dryer and dry. We haven't got any water. You can't used to see water. It's all so I'm so I feel like sand I keep going.
Speaker 4: Have we had enough?
Speaker 3: Have we had? I'm trying to think, scare of going quite far out now? Quite far out? Now? No, you're want to keep going down to keep it's the worst place for a hangover. Before that, my worst place for a hangover was something called a build a Bear factory. You have been to one of those? Yeah, build a bear factory. If you don't have kids, you're lucky thing you'll never get to go one of these. It's a factory where kids can build a bear being cute. Sunday morning, ten o'clock with a stinking hangover, and there's fifteen kids at a birthday party, screaming and ripping stuffing out of bears and putting hearts in them, trailing on your feet as they're running around you with their joyfulness. Too much, too much for me. It was this awful. That's strip lighting that happens on those kids shops as well. Can we dim it? Turn it? You can't dimmer strip lighting. So this morning I want to know for the Fleetwood Mac tickets, worst place you've ever had a hangover? We want the full details of story. Best one will give you tickets to go and see Fleetwood map nine four one four one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three every day this week and we got tickets go and see Fleetwood Matt live here out to rod Laver Arena in September. Tickets are now and sell stood a few left, but only a few at live nation dot com dot au. You can win them every day on the show This morning I'm looking for your story? Is then worst place you ever had a hangover after? Once on holiday and our sea kayaking in the French Sea with a terrible hangover for me, Christian. I used to work in a very well known electrical store right here in Melbourne, behind the counter, and it was a Saturday morning. I just had my twenty first to night before. And it wasn't just a hungover I think I was still drunk. First customer comes in pays over nine hundred dollars, but all in ten dollar notes. I was so hungover I had to sit on the floor to count the money to sew it down. Lisa Townshend, that's a great one, Christian. I once had to audition kids for a Sale of the Century junior special. Some of the parents actually complained to Channel nine that the staff will drank of alcohol. Christian, I was a traveling well in your home country, England, and I got a job to make ends meet as amazing evil monk in an abbey. I was so hungover I hid in the toilet virtually all day long, dressed as a monk. Diana on our Facebook page OC one O four to three, My husband had such a bad hangover he's got in a bath on the top story of our house, fell asleep with a tap running, flooded the house. We had to move out for six months. People always say, oh, he could have drowned. Well, that would have been better because the other option was he had me to contend with. And I love these two. Barry, also on Facebook, I had a terrible worst place for a hangover in hospital waiting for mine for sac to me and Amanda the Vatican after a big night out in Rome with the Pope. Michelle, good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm good, Michelle, thanks for calling the show. And worst place to have a hangover? What was it for you?
Speaker 8: Definitely on the side of the basketball court. My youngest son plays rep basketball and every Sunday morning we have two.
Speaker 12: Hours of basketball training and there.
Speaker 17: Are eighty boys at one time bouncing a basketball.
Speaker 3: No Oh, that noise, big.
Speaker 14: Bouncers around your brain.
Speaker 3: It's terrible, every bounce, thudding the already thudding brain. Right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's a great one.
Speaker 3: Michelle. Thanks, you feel cool. I have a great day, very easy to and good morning, and any.
Speaker 8: Christian Annie, okay, very quickly. So I haven't been able to tell anyone this story, but yeah, I had a massive hangover. It was for the worst one in my life anyhow. But my friend rang me that morning when I was sort of sort of with one eye open, trying to get my head together, and she wanted me to attend a viewing of a body at a funeral home with her, so because her mother couldn't go with her. And she said, I need someone to come with me just just as a viewing, as a final thing for as a friend who had passed, you know. So I was like, oh, man, but I wanted to help her, So so I went and I did I understand it with her and look at this this body in a coffin, and I was trying to hold it together, but I actually felt so unwell. I could feel myself turning green, and I think I was having an out of body experience. By then i'd go out side and throw up.
Speaker 13: Awful.
Speaker 3: So, Annie, that would be a process for anyone, you know, And you're doing the right thing as a friend, and you yeah, I don't know. It's called a viewing. I guess that people obviously do that, but I didn't know.
Speaker 8: Well, they do, but I've never done it before.
Speaker 3: So what is it the last I guess, your last chance to say goodbye and see them before they closed the lid for the funeral.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, for the funeral the next day, you know. So they're kind of lying in this funeral home the day before and yeah, so I'm standing there going I had to tell myself, I was just looking at a mannequin or something, you know. I was just going, yeah, yeah, exactly in my line. It was awful, and my stomach's going, no, that it's not annequin.
Speaker 7: You're going to have to leave.
Speaker 8: So I went outside the front of the funeral home and I had to throw up, and there's people out the front coming in.
Speaker 3: Annie, thank you very much, she called Annie. That's a great story, don't you call.
Speaker 8: It was awful?
Speaker 3: Thanks for sharing it with us. One oh four to three Worst place You've Ever had a hangover?
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Lasting the Small about the worst place you've ever had a hangover at Teble one in France and go see kayaking for an hour. This one comes from an anonymous TV newsreader. Had to go on a hostile environments training course where actors are playing victims with horrific injuries and complete with very realistic makeup and blood pumping out of their limbs, and I had a terrible, terrible hangover.
Speaker 2: Well is that something that all newsreaders do before they have to start?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: I guess if their foreign correspondence they have to go to war zones? Yeah, I mean not obviously our friend here war zone. She comes from US whereby every single day, Hi, we got time for one call before the news and there's a load of you waiting on ahold. There are so many great stories because no matter how bad the hangover life just happens, you've still got to do stuff and engagements. You've got Benny, good morning, Hey, grishn mate. I'm good Benny, and thanksgiving us a call. Tell me what's the worst place you've ever had a hangover?
Speaker 18: I was after a massive week again and I was flying back from Ireland to Melbourne and the guy behind me. Here's me thinking I was the worst ever dying and the guy by right behind me actually died. What yah? So two seats behind me, I was considering throwing up, and then two seats behind me, I look around. It was that nice. It was over the Indian Ocean, and the Eurostas and Stewarts were all giving this guy CPR and then he just died. And then they just dragged him down to the back galley kitchen.
Speaker 3: First of all, listen, I know you're you're an Irishman, so you know we are storytellers. I don't believe. I mean, this is an amazing story poor guy, obviously, but I think if you don't are playing, I don't just grab his arms, grab a leg, drag him. Didn't they drag you down to the galley, shove you in that little tiny bin like that if I'm stuck out like a zombie, that is.
Speaker 18: Drag him down to the back kitchen and he could dry close the curtain, but the curtain goes down about three quarters exactly. See the shoes just palking out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they got to put them somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you hear about this happening. And then if you're over the Indian Ocean, they can't quickly divert.
Speaker 10: Don't planes have an area upstairs though?
Speaker 5: For things like.
Speaker 3: That that's the first class. I don't think it's all dead people there. I mean they're dead rich Maybe you mishurd that bit, but it's not like the version of the plane.
Speaker 10: They do have a room like cruise ships. Do they have a more big cruise ships?
Speaker 3: I guess you. But planes everything is.
Speaker 2: Economy. Yeah, it's all economy. Like you can't just have a room for the dead people up put it upstairs.
Speaker 3: They have a room up store.
Speaker 5: I thought they did some of the big one.
Speaker 3: Amazing a dead room upstairs, Benny, that is some story mate, And did the hangover pass with that? Did you think, well, at least I'm alive, because must been terrifying. Yeah.
Speaker 18: I was talking to their stewardess is like maybe half an hour later, and there they were too scared to get milk. They wouldn't go into the kitchen.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking about that. You got to go and get all your little snacks and stuff like that, and there's it's a dead dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they start serving you breakfast, then they're coming from behind the curtain. You'll just go.
Speaker 3: Keep the complimentary nuts. I'm okay, that's all right. You're going on eight hours, don't worry about it. And you've got the toilets up there as well. Benny, this is some story. Okay, could be you getting the Fleetwood Mact tickets, but for now, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Big thing we've learned on today's show thanks to Patsy, is that apparently there's a room upstairs on all planes where they shove the dead people.
Speaker 5: Said the big planes they listen.
Speaker 3: That is like it's the lounge, isn't It's.
Speaker 5: Like a cupboard or something.
Speaker 3: First class? It isn't it?
Speaker 2: The people upstairs is the first new executive first class.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happens. If you're just in economy die you just paying the seat, you're dying seat. You're not going out there with the rich dead people. Okay, all right, we mean to some one of the worst place to have a hangover, like Barney, and certainly some poor guy in the seat behind him actually passes away mid flight over the Indian Ocean. We got time for two last calls then about worst place to have a hangover, Chris Immudi Aleic, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi morning, Christian morning Tom.
Speaker 3: All right, Chris, welcome to the show. What's it for you?
Speaker 7: The worst place to hangover for me was in the maternity ward back in the UK the birth of my first child that fourteen years ago.
Speaker 3: How can you have a hangover on a day like that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've probably paid for.
Speaker 3: It, and rightly so. I wasn't allowed to go out for about two weeks before the due date in case such a thing happened. I couldn't we trusted to be near alcohol.
Speaker 2: Well, don't you hear some partners take the whole nine months off with their wife so that they don't drink. And it's like, oh, I won't drinking, you don't drink.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of those people.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Chris, you couldn't even do the night before.
Speaker 7: No, well no, I had two week block and this was just before that two weeks and it was my work Christmas doing my old boss.
Speaker 3: Did so the baby come up? Did the baby come early?
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, my boss did you got to come We'll get you home in a black cow. We went to London to midday, all day drinking.
Speaker 3: And obviously you're in the right place on the maternity ward. You're at the business end where there's life is being born and there's enough happening.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I got the train, got the train home at eight o'clock that night. Night before got to my wife and I think going into contractions. I fell asleep during a couple of contractions at home, down very well. Couldn't couldn't drive.
Speaker 3: Couldn't drive to the hospital. This is not how it's meant to go.
Speaker 7: And the nurses in the returnity ward was joking saying that I want coffee, didn't want a kebab?
Speaker 3: You we need gas? No something so good? Give me another hit, all right, Chris, we've got to go. We to only get one more. That is a brilliant from Chris. That's going to Cindy's been waiting on hold for the last ten minutes. Cindy, thanks for holding on.
Speaker 17: Hi, Christin, Tim, how are you going We're.
Speaker 3: Good, Cindy. Worst place for a hangover.
Speaker 17: Worst place for a hangover is a high and dancing competition which I promised to help my sister in law with the kids, and it wears bagpipes from eight am to six pm.
Speaker 3: I had this one iced to go to the Comedy Fessor in Edinburgh. They love those bagpipes. It's a nice noise for ten seconds and they cranked them up. Sounds like they're mangling a cat under their arms. And that with a hangover. No thank you. It is a hard past from me. Stop that cacophony, Cindy, Thank you very much. You cool, thank you? All right? Tough call, right, brilliant stories? What great stories to come back to on our first show back off the two week break. Who do we give the Fleetwood Max stories to? There's one story we're going to remember.
Speaker 2: Dragging the body down there.
Speaker 3: Forget Snake's on a plane, Body on a plane, Barney. You get the tickets of Fleetwood mac More tomorrow, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I get a voicemail from my executive producer Brad. Now we love Brad, right, okay, runs the show, but I have to be honest. This is it's also why we have him as part of a government scheme to get the elderly. Still you can still be a part, you know, still be a part old timer with your lovely old timey stories about when it was all fields around here and Richmond Footscray and all that. Okay, And he left a voicemail yesterday. And when people said to me, this old guy you're talking about, is he really that old? Have a listened to this still doesn't know how to use the modern thing of a voice smail. He leaves me this message and obviously I don't know what he's saying. I genuinely don't know what he's saying. And maybe it's my ears you having listen, Pats and Jack, can you work out what our senior producer said on this voicemail.
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 16: How you're traveling, if you've got your forward?
Speaker 3: What's he called?
Speaker 16: Bangk what.
Speaker 5: He'll he'll often FaceTime me he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Realize down or well, halfway through the cool.
Speaker 16: Traveling you've got your forward? Really uh bang.
Speaker 3: Ping or bang?
Speaker 7: You really cheat that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a pocket doll, but he's actually talking to you.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I thought. Oh bless him, he's just he's but diving again. But no, he's actually thinks he's leaving. So I got Mark audio producer on the show, to try and clean up. You're not the c s I where they go boost it. So he's going to play with this, it's not I don't know what he was telling me. Was he actually saying, bang, you've been fine, don't go in. I don't know, am I what's happening about tomorrow?
Speaker 16: If you're see how you're traveling, if you've got your forward?
Speaker 3: Who uses the phone like this?
Speaker 16: Sang the Mark.
Speaker 1: Bang the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I was just a little stare out the window one of the buildings there, but yeah, I care on the show now all right, time of the day is at work time, waster massive sports a weekend obviously, just hearing the latest from center court Wimbledon and Jokovic being federal in an epic classic, and then the cricket World Cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, don't forget the bummy.
Speaker 3: Yeah do you think I'd have to put up with that? If you look won it? But you crashed out last.
Speaker 2: Anthony McDonald tipping Woody Gold with seventeen seconds left in the game to win against the kangaro A.
Speaker 3: Lot of very close winds of the weekend. Carlton amazing story as well, and then the D's it sounded like the way that clip had been edited by the way the Goodie was saying, they don't want to waste time trying to get better than seeds for that, you know, pick it up next year. All right. So with the big sport of the weekend, today's that word time waste to you as we bounced back into the show is celebrities as sports. I've got ski once good, JK bowling, that was my only good one. Sorry, I've got Ariana Grande Slam. Yeah, Canoe reeves that's good. And then this one Ping Pong oom instead of Kim jong U instead of King Jong Um. I've got Ping pong oh. All right, what have you got celebrities a.
Speaker 2: Sports and missile will fall in your house tonight. Judo law jockey Chan.
Speaker 3: Jockey Chow is good.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Chessicat Elba. I remember someone told us on the show chess was a sport. Yes, chessic at Elba, and then Lara Flynn Boyle becomes Javelin Boil.
Speaker 3: Okay, Texas yours. That's more enough for that? Oh four seventy five WAP and the three one oh four three Celebrities.
Speaker 1: Of Sports, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Wow, anyone else picking up static?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? The hello my microphone? Just by going hello, It's like there's a burglar in the house. You wander around going hello? What is this turn off? Pats my? What have you done? Clap mic?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 3: Serious? The way you grab it something? No, you yank again?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: I did it?
Speaker 15: You do?
Speaker 3: She rips it up more microphone?
Speaker 1: You do?
Speaker 3: Come in here?
Speaker 2: You like to swing up for like an old reall point yeah, like Freddie.
Speaker 3: Mercury, yanking it around the studio, giving it the oldbedo body.
Speaker 2: You're allowed talking to it? Will you show?
Speaker 5: You don't tear me off?
Speaker 3: No? No, I did, just to check a sick just that when she touched it lightly. Woman, you touched it bottom top.
Speaker 2: You can share with me.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to share Jack's now. No, you've broken it. Hulk leave, Hulk, don't smash. Let's try again. I'll tell you what it is. Pull pull the pop shield down on it. There you go, That's all it was. It was you knew in radio the pop shield it was loose. We got it, popper anyway, great rodeo. Good to have us back, guys. Hi five is a round. Let's get into today's at work time way, so Jack, you're ready to mark ready. Celebrities are sports. We've always got through today's show. Come on. Cricket Astley No Bronze, Hello, Hello, Chess Hemsworth Bronze, Christopher Power Walking Silver plus, Nicholas Cage Fighter Gold, Adam and now Tournamados. Well done, Samma Kayak Gold af Well done, Sarah, Jessica pacor Oh Gold, very smart, Rob, well done, Carrie fly Fisher Silver, Squash Brolin Josh Brolin, that's smart. Silver, Billy Bob Sleay Thornton Silver, Tennis Quaid Dennis Quaid the Actor Gold, Tennis Quid, that's the Fir. Croquet Welsh Raquel Welsh silvera Dave Gold, Dave Gold Gold, Welcome back, Luke and Sunny Nusa, Morgan free Diving, Morgan Freeman Civil plus.
Speaker 2: Then well done.
Speaker 3: Footy Harrelson.
Speaker 2: Gold plus.
Speaker 3: All right, let's end it there.
Speaker 1: What the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: So we're all back from our two week breaks. Chat was in America doing some amazing stuff and.
Speaker 2: I noticed you saw my bravery on Instagram. I posted a phone with myself jumping off a cliff.
Speaker 5: Crazy loco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifteen meters they said.
Speaker 3: That is really high up.
Speaker 2: Well, if you think of a ten meter diving board like in the Elettic's the highest one they jumped off, it's another fifty percent on top of that.
Speaker 3: So what does someone eg you on? And it was into what Lake Placid?
Speaker 2: Into Lake Placid? Yeah, apparently all the guy We met some friends who had already been there, and we came late to the weekend and they had already done it the day before. They said, so they knew that.
Speaker 3: It could be that to kids. Yeah, yeah, we did the other day. I don't I don't know if I do that, I'd be don't know.
Speaker 2: I was terrified, but you worried that.
Speaker 3: I don't sound silly, right, I'm just saying what I thought. I'd be worried that I'd get ripped apart of something from them.
Speaker 2: That's why I tried to do it. Pin drop No, No, they tested for rocks and how to look, cause you got to be got You've got to be smart.
Speaker 5: About how deep is it below?
Speaker 2: It's I mean probably hundreds of meters because it's quite dark. So that was no problem. But it was the mental exercise of getting to the top and just I went to like a meditative state and go, okay, you're not This is not about fear. It's just about did it?
Speaker 3: Did it help you at all? The two strange tattoos poking out of your shorts on your backside like a tramp stamp, of swallows diving into your arms.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we've known each other for a year and you've never.
Speaker 3: Seen Oh yeah, I've seen you peeking out of stains when he bends over. Pats is always dropping stuff that it strong boy will bend down. What a loas That's the thing that I've blown away by.
Speaker 11: But what's the tram stamp?
Speaker 2: Like then when I was nineteen in Thailand?
Speaker 3: But why swallows diving into your bum?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, they're not diving into my bum.
Speaker 3: They actually looks like it. What are they doing flying your backside?
Speaker 2: There's flying around?
Speaker 5: Why swallows? What is it about swallows?
Speaker 2: I was just I thought it was rock and roll when I got them.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's show, Regrettable Tattoos.
Speaker 2: I don't regret them.
Speaker 3: I do. You can nominate someone else.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three