Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast, Milbourn's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Clwood Street. Rechmen, this is the Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show Monday morning. It's two minutes past six, so the top weekend.
Speaker 4: You're doing stuff with your dad? Yesterday?
Speaker 3: Have I had a good Father's Day yesterday? It's my first one in the country and I can tell you that it was the best father's dad.
Speaker 4: I've ever had. Really.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether it's new life here in the Southern Hemisphere or the kids felt they had to make a bigger deal.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they must had a change of heart since last week.
Speaker 5: I saw them last Saturday and asked them what they were thinking, and they've just grown.
Speaker 4: Grunting, groaning. But do you know what they brought that a game? Yesterday? I had a fantastic day.
Speaker 3: Still had to get involved in some family drama of the older sister accusing the younger one who's eleven, of dropping the F bomb whilst making some chocolate brownies while I was asleep yesterday because.
Speaker 5: The eleven year old was the one that kicked the other sister.
Speaker 4: In the shine last week. Yeah, you got a tear away on your hands.
Speaker 3: That I think actually has become more of a tear away since she's started a new life here in Australia as well.
Speaker 4: I think it's Australia it's making her more of a tear away.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yesterday, Father's dad a nice day. So I got up and I had homemade chocolate brownies.
Speaker 6: Wow for breakfast.
Speaker 3: Lewis made them. She's got herself up at five to seven Sunday morning. Everyone else is asleep and may brownie is by us. I couldn't do that. That would be hard to beat, I think for high the city, not just that.
Speaker 4: Right, I get up yesterday.
Speaker 3: When I got up about half nine, my wife attended the two kids out.
Speaker 4: They've gone to walk the dog in the park. There were post it notes.
Speaker 3: As soon as I saw the chocolate brownies, I just started to go towards them to eat them, and I saw a giant post it note on them in her little scrawly handwright saying, do not eat until until we are all back. Do not open your cards until we're all back. So I took my hand off like homes simps. It was really hard because as she counted.
Speaker 4: Them, any there can I get away with just having one of them?
Speaker 6: So you didn't even sneak one?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I waited and then I got the cards. They had a different card each with these beautiful words in and then the tears started with my wife and I. They'd made a slide show right on their iPad of all these photos of me from when they were babies, and Lois goes, this is a.
Speaker 4: Little slide show from us to you, Dad. It's called Dad through the Years. Oh well, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Tearing up as you talk about it.
Speaker 3: As I'm looking at it, it was like one of those you know when someone's died.
Speaker 4: Even the title Dad through the Years. I didn't know what they thought.
Speaker 3: We might all make it now anyway, just so when he does go, it's only another one or two photos.
Speaker 6: It's done.
Speaker 3: The work's done, really, you know, Like all radio stations here rumors about when a big celebrity I won't mention it was, but there's one in the UK who's supposed to have been very near death for a couple of years now in one of the most famous institutions in our country, and we want to start any kind of rumor that could put the stock markets jack into turmoil.
Speaker 4: Right now. However that that is that's ready to go? Should they it's ready? So yeah, this this slideshow. Whilst moving, was also.
Speaker 7: Thinking did they put a music track under it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There was just really what was it? You know, It's like some twinkly little music.
Speaker 6: Was general music as well?
Speaker 4: It was It was really really gatchy.
Speaker 3: I was in I was in tears when all the photos there from when there are babies to where they were now, and I was thinking about where we are now in the world and what they're going through this new life.
Speaker 4: It went off about four minutes and my wife were bits and then they got up to do a eulogy and you're like, too soon? And then the presence.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, after shave, a really nice after shave, and then a shirt, a shirt for no human being, a shirt.
Speaker 4: That was about eight sizes too big for me. It was like a tent.
Speaker 3: I don't know how big they think I am, or how big they think I'm gonna get. Maybe it's because they go when he dies, I hear that bodies cam on his journey to the afterlife. He's got a nice comfortable Volumes baggy shirt to wear. And then yesterday we went out for breakfast then and then we watched a movie. Yesterday afternoon, we all snuggled up watched the movie because the weather was crap, and I introduced him to the great comedy movie Groundhog.
Speaker 4: Day, US Spoiled.
Speaker 3: Yes, I didn't want the day to end. I had a fantastic days.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: I was a new convert to AFL. I have to save the weeknt was it like after October? It felt so quiet there if missing it was even I felt that i'ven't even been here four and a half months in Melbourne, but even I was like, you know, and I'm not saying that I watched all the games, but I'm aware, and you keep an eye on the results even if teams are not following what's going on with the dogs, to see what's how impacts. And sometimes I have it on even if I'm cooking or cleaning, just on the background as a game. It's something really quiet for a city that's so dominated by it.
Speaker 5: The only reason we don't sook in October when football's over is because the nice weather starts coming out so we can actually venture outside ourselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so last week on the show, we start this new feature, and it didn't really start thinking it might be a weekly thing on the show, But then there's been so many of them that have come in since we did it last week. We are going to turn it into a weekly thing. And actually one of you called it this in an email to me, punny business, so we're going to keep it of That was talking about how the various businesses you often see who I have really thought long and hard about what they're going to call their company, and so they come up to something which is memorable.
Speaker 4: You're going to remember. You might see it written on the side of a car or van. Years ago, you rarely saw any kind of branding on a car or business on a van. It used to be really expensive, but it's normally like the local radio station or a golf pro. That was it.
Speaker 3: They were the only two people we ever saw with any kind of yeah it needs to be They used to be the only thing. Now every if you look around in traffic this morning. Every second car or van is branded up with something. Isn't it even stuff? You've got no idea? I saw one the other day like Nursia Control. Go to our Facebook page. I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 4: What is Nursia Control? But now everywhere is branded, isn't it.
Speaker 3: So we're looking for businesses here in Melbourne that have got a penny business a pun in their title.
Speaker 4: Last week when we did it, we had some of these.
Speaker 8: They's a business in Tullamarine called Well Hung Blind.
Speaker 9: A couple of butcher shops in hard and parked Are they're called.
Speaker 10: My friend's got a grooming business down in Geelong and it's called shot Back Insides Grooming, Geelong.
Speaker 11: There's a bakery in Packingham called the Prime Minister.
Speaker 4: Shopping God broad Stuff.
Speaker 10: My cafe is called Shakers and Stirs in Clifton Hill.
Speaker 12: The dog training business in Mornington called Happens.
Speaker 11: I'm going to trail up in business cold Out on a Limb Tree Services and.
Speaker 4: Where it be.
Speaker 13: There is a hairdressers called Curl Up and Die.
Speaker 9: Absolutely a septic tent truck Grinda called Henry the Turd.
Speaker 3: Sorry that made me laugh. Again actually quite immature. Prime Minister store makes me laugh, as does sit happens. Ye yes, Now looking through the eters that we've got the moment you're in charge of the white boarders always Jack, what are the businesses that we think we could take out now and induct some new ones?
Speaker 4: So you want to lose free have some space on here Shakers and Stirs, isn't up? That happens?
Speaker 5: Yep, you're right, Shakings and Sarah's off open bookkeeping.
Speaker 4: That was an accountant. We didn't love that when it came in. Now back and go the others. I like every thing else.
Speaker 3: We've got Order the fries massive one that my one yeah fries questions No, that can stay out lor the fries is good. Appetite for construction also very very good. Uh sopranos that's also strong as well. So if you've got any new ones, then local businesses then here in Melbourne that have got pun in their name, let us know about them and we'll induct them this week into Punny Business nine four one four one oh four three for your companies.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So we're opening up our books.
Speaker 3: Sorry to z of businesses here in Melbourne that I've got pun in the title nine four one four one oh four.
Speaker 4: Three it's going to Rob. Good one and Rob good morning? Okay, Rob, what's your one for us? Upper Cupper Mobile Coffee from Upper plenty. Wow, that's some title.
Speaker 9: And I'll tell you what. It's some coffee as well, much an amazing coffee I've ever had from a mobile coffee, Ben.
Speaker 3: Really, because here, I mean everyone is obsessed with coffee and it's it's world class to you the coffee here as well.
Speaker 4: So what's the what's the company name? Again? Rob?
Speaker 3: Upper Copper, Upper Copper, where about it?
Speaker 9: It's spelled a.
Speaker 4: C U P p A. You just got a bit of an unlucky there right as you're spelling it, Rob. But I think we've got it all right, Rob. Thank you very much. We have a good week, all right, Take care buddy. Shane, Good morning gos. Who are we pretty good?
Speaker 2: Shane?
Speaker 4: I hope you well this morning. And what's the business Shane?
Speaker 9: It's a mobile glass business. It's pain in the glass.
Speaker 4: Great work, great work, pain in the glass, but.
Speaker 5: It just makes it sound like the glass is painful. But you're selling glass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a pain p A N E pain. That's a double one. Oh that's very good. Yeah, that's very good. Pennies dropped, the pennies dropped. I only got half of it.
Speaker 3: Always keeps going, Shane, thank you very much for that one went at that.
Speaker 4: Tony.
Speaker 6: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good? Tony? How are you a lovely weekend? Tony? What's what's your punny business for us this morning? Mate? Three amigos? That's a great tree surgeons, tree cutters.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yes they are.
Speaker 3: Tree amigos and I hope they really is just the three of them? And are they dressed? Have they got the sort of punk shows and the whole work as well?
Speaker 4: Chaps? No, No, that's stupid idea. Why would they do that? Be bad for health and safety?
Speaker 3: Okay, they've got chainsaws and huskavannas and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: All right, Tony with an I thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 3: Bye, alright, bye bye now nine one o four three If you've got any more for us?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Do you have playlists that you'll stick on when you go to the gym to get the right kind of mood to wake up a bit and work out.
Speaker 4: Of course, yes, I've got that on my new places and and Taylor Swift which song style I don't know it, dive into it. It's a great song. So is this when you do your buxing you listen to No no no no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: This was working out Friday in the gym, and at one point when I was working out right, it was Friday evening before I picked up the takeaway, So it's about half six Friday night. The gym is empty, and it's great, it's just quiet and that however, I suddenly caught you have sometimes you just catch a glimpse of growing reflection.
Speaker 4: Mirrors everywhere everywhere in the gym, now, aren't they They're everywhere.
Speaker 3: So I just looked up to and I saw a horror looking back at me. It was myself. I suddenly when I I was wearing it, wearing a Bruce Lee T shirt and working out listening to Taylor script.
Speaker 4: It's not a good look for frill.
Speaker 3: I got me on even I couldn't even maintain eye contact with myself.
Speaker 4: I looked away before the mirror looks away.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time for the Early Morning Game's six thirty am and time to play the Early morning Game.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a song to me, Christian, all right, how this game starts? It works?
Speaker 3: So we started about two and a half weeks ago. On the show we play your little clip. The clip has got a load of sound effects. Then the sound effects you listen to their clues to a song title. Jack's actually set this one. We played it on Thursday. No right answers. I've got no idea. A lot of you emailing over the last couple days as well, but here is the current clip then, so listen to a sound effects the clues to a song title. So last week it ran for three shows, no right answer, it's not a thing. On Thursday for this one, Jack, I've still got nothing. Now I'm I'm gonna write down so I don't want to say it on a case it is this, but I can't believe it's this now I've already said it's not too obviously.
Speaker 4: We had someone guess Radio Gaga last.
Speaker 5: Week two one oh one don't just think of the first clue. All clues are important. Now, Initially I thought this would last days and days, possibly weeks, maybe says to the end of the year. I don't like that Michael was called before we even played the clue this morning.
Speaker 3: Not unless they well, I think because he heard it Thursday. He's been on the podcast. He said he was okay to wait on hold for five minutes.
Speaker 5: I know, but he's scaring me because it means he's either Michael before, don't just come out and say the answer. Did you see this on Instagram?
Speaker 4: Facebook? Have you been listening to it on the podcast? Why? Why do you think you know this?
Speaker 14: It was yesterday I listening to one O four point three and the little soundbite's taken.
Speaker 11: Over yesterday's show, and I got a little bit obsessed with it. Let's say that I.
Speaker 3: Wonder it's FA tosday. Sometimes you're a loose and you don't know what to do. You try and take this down. So, Michael, when you say you got obsessed with you googling ideas or how did you try and crack it?
Speaker 4: We don't even know if you've got the right answer yet.
Speaker 14: I went through the entire Whalen Smith, Whalen Jennings discography, trying.
Speaker 4: That's incread like a detective.
Speaker 2: There I was.
Speaker 14: My six year old daughter was keen to give me some attention.
Speaker 11: I told her I was solving a mystery.
Speaker 5: Michael, you know what, I just watched the Imitation game on Friday night where he's Alan Turing and you decoded the German messages.
Speaker 3: Incredible life story of that guy as well.
Speaker 4: You're reminding me of him. Michael.
Speaker 5: I'm scared you've got it because you put so much effort into it.
Speaker 4: And I don't want it to go to that.
Speaker 3: I hope you do, because obviously on Father's Day, you've got your six yearld daughter trying to spend some time with you, and you're trying to crack this. All right, let's better clip again. All right now, Michael, what do you think is the song?
Speaker 11: I think it's Respect Byretha Franklin.
Speaker 4: Michael, explain why.
Speaker 11: You said on the podcast right, say what you hear? So I said what I hear heard, ended up writing it all down, went through every possible way and noticed that the first letter of the words I wrote down it spelt respect.
Speaker 5: Radio Elephant Simpson's Forgot what the p was the.
Speaker 4: Electricity cat cat and time. Michael, you.
Speaker 3: Your diligence and your effort for that. Hey, listen buddy, And as a way of a small well done to us, you can have a Navman dash cam as well as a as a kind of late Father's Day gift from us.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 14: Thanks heaps, guys.
Speaker 5: And then Michael, when World War three comes along, we'll get you in here trying to decode breaker.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Bletchley Park are going to call you after this. That's impressive work there, Michael.
Speaker 3: Well, I might have a good week you too, all right If you after one of these Navman dashcams, head onto Navman dot com dot au.
Speaker 4: But well done, Michael. That means we need a brand new tough clip for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three on this morning to show them we'll have some clues. You're actually gonna help make the clue actually day for the ten k song that might be going off this week. Also be chating to Hamish McLaughlin and more details about the Grand Final that's all on the way during in the next hour.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with a big multinational company. But do you have an iPhone, perhaps you've got an iPhone absolutely, do you guys do the suggested upgrade when it says there's no software?
Speaker 3: No, why don't we Why don't we trust it? I'm always that Remind me tomorrow, remind me tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you why we don't trust it, because we've done it in the past. And it's bit in this because I think, well, some people think, maybe not me, that upgrading they build in some software, or they build in something that your phone can't handle anymore, and it slowly gets weaker and starts to operate better.
Speaker 3: I have this theory that when there's a new iPhone about to come out, they start running it down.
Speaker 4: Yep, you know.
Speaker 3: And I don't think that's a crack crack car pot conspiracy theory. There's been a lot of people suggesting that that is true. Yeah, I just yeah, how do you do with the upgrade?
Speaker 4: What's the benefit to them of us jumping on board with the new upgrade? So they I think, so that we can run the phones into the ground anyway.
Speaker 3: Do you think that they got like a master button Apple HQ right, Yes, where it is the old and it's like a joystick and then just put it back down to slow it down, and they're giggling, going whatever, go bob, you did it last.
Speaker 5: Time, And why they're pushing up the other lever that says release new iPhones one comes down, one up. I've been trying to avoid it for the last year. Every day, actually every day. Do you want to upgrade?
Speaker 3: Not just that Jack, if you've got like an Apple laptop or an iPad, it will find you there and stuff, but going, yeah, I know you're.
Speaker 4: On here as well.
Speaker 3: Can't hide here from the old upgrade mark. Yeah, it's everywhere. It's under your beds.
Speaker 5: So it makes you do either you press remind me later or you're punching your code to say, yeah, upgrade it while I sleep.
Speaker 6: But the trouble with that is I'm sleeping.
Speaker 7: I wake up as it's halfway through, so I stop it because I get up so early, so it never gets completed.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean? That's so sad that you don't get enough sleep for heartbreak. In the last two years, you haven't had esus night sleeves. Oh poor Pats, no wonder you You're crazy when you come out small, then I get it now. Yeah, she's not getting enough sleep and she hasn't got an upgraded phone. She said, it's still on the first model of.
Speaker 6: The brick fine steel.
Speaker 1: You've got the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I hope you enjoyed your Father's Day yesterday on this morning show. Hey, miss mcgloughlin in live in half an hour's time talking to us about the games this weekend, Round one, the finals and also our Grand Final. We're looking to have a load of Melbourne's finest grands trying to take each other on see how far they can kick a footy. The grand that kicks at the furthest wins one thousand dollars. So more on that in the next forty five minutes. Before that, then let's talk about Father's Day and we're asking you this morning then how was it for you? Did you win or lose Father's Day?
Speaker 4: It might be that you're a dad and you had a good day, or that you're trying to do something right for your dad. So what did you do for your dad?
Speaker 3: You manage to put them away from watch his late night movies on SBS, but the subtitles.
Speaker 4: The all dad wanted yesterday was to go on a picnic with the family. That's nice, it's nice, but the weather he just doesn't.
Speaker 5: All the way leading up to Sunday, we're like, Dad, looks like patchy rain all day on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Should we rethink it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we'll be fine. We'll be fine.
Speaker 5: And then on the morning of Mum says, can we at least choose a park that has a pagola.
Speaker 4: Or something some kind of under weather plan. No, no, no, no. He wants to go to Edinburgh Gardens in Fitzroy. So we drive there. It is like it's raining.
Speaker 5: As we get there, day goes, he goes, should we park here a couple of streets away because they might not be parking near the park because it will be so packed.
Speaker 4: For he thinks it's going to be like a mass it's going to be people.
Speaker 6: It is a popular spot, but not with the weather like it was yesterday.
Speaker 5: There was a couple of kids playing basketball, one dog walker, and the rest of the park was just us.
Speaker 4: We were the only one's picnic. So did your dad look her and go it's just where we got her early. This is great.
Speaker 3: In an hour's time, it is going to be like woodstock here, it's going to be heaving.
Speaker 4: And my poor wife, Yanka grew up in Miami.
Speaker 5: She's she's not used to a dating under twenty degree the whole day, she says, shivering on a bench.
Speaker 3: So she's got pneumonia today because the and that's the thing with men sometimes were stubborn, you know, you just get fixated on And then was he trying to convince you you're all having a nice time cold?
Speaker 4: So what did you actually eat? Oh?
Speaker 5: We had some remade, some rolls, but mostly people shivering. Yeah, picked it, picked at the food rather than make it because everyone's got their arms like their hands underneath their arm pits, trying to keep warm parts.
Speaker 4: How did he go for Father's Day in your house?
Speaker 7: Husband, Chris, We had a Father's Day loss yesterday. So Audrey was up at five o'clock. Good, she was so yeah, it was like Christmas morning for her. She was so excited and she wanted to cook breakfast. So of course I had to lump myself out of bed and help her do that. So, you know, you do the eggs in the bason.
Speaker 4: Their idea of cooking breakfast and tried out scrambled eggs, nice all of it. Now I probably come back to that installment so full.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I put it all on the tray and we put a nice little flour on the tray and she's picked some herbs from the garden and I said, look, mummy will carry it in case you spill the coffee and the OJ. Well, no, it was an Audrey that spilt it. So as I've come into the bedroom, I've tripped over one of my shoes and literally tray went flying oj everywhere, all over the bed, all over the car. A photo yesterday, Yeah, so he ended up wearing his breakfast.
Speaker 3: It's like a crime scene that the yellow stain on as well in shore a cover story, Pats, there's nothing wrong at your age of wetting the blame on some spill ojer. I've tried that one before after a big night out, so it is what it looks like. I had a breakfast in bed donning. Okay, all right then, so let's know your Father's Day yesterday? Did you win or lose.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I'd love to know the actual numbers for how many Bunnings vouchers were actually received yesterday, because every other conversation I heard was Bunnings vouchers, same as last year, and.
Speaker 3: Every until I die flicking around radio stations over the weekend when I was out and about ferrying the kids around like some kind of unpaid uber driver, all radio station adverts, including this radio station, so many of the ads of gift ideas for Father's Day involved alcohol. Honestly, all the adverts involved alcohol, whiskey, wine, getting reduced beer over this weekend for Father's Day. All basically points in to the fact that's basically kids hanging you boost on Father's Day, going, here's some alcohol, daddy, top you nuneb the pain of having.
Speaker 4: Us by so sad daddy. Here's some more alcohol for you, daddy on your special day. What did you get your dad? Bunnings vouchers? I got over a whiskey glass, a special whiskey, but not a nice bottle. The glass it was just one glass. Would you have the other one for yourself? Or it was just one one special whiskey glass.
Speaker 3: It would be nice to get in two And what offer you and him to share a shot together to keep your warm anyway in the freezing picnic.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, I got my dad grog voucher, So it was grog, did you as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's just like saying, you go and get it, you go and get the present. I can't be bothered.
Speaker 6: Well, it's hard to buy for so I figure you'll you'll get a nice.
Speaker 4: Bottle of port with that, right, Okay.
Speaker 3: I just think it's it's just the idea of Jack going and just buying the one glass.
Speaker 4: He can never have a mate round. Are they gonna even share it? Hey, let me get your straw.
Speaker 3: Let me get your straw and you can you can sit from this amazing one glass.
Speaker 4: My son got me have.
Speaker 5: A solo nightcap. Probably ways watching those sps all right out the this we'll go to the line.
Speaker 3: So in fact, we've got some people online now we want to know whether you won or lost Father's Day yesterday.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Paul, Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: There we're going Yeah, pretty good, Paul, tell us about your Father's.
Speaker 9: Day Yesterday started off about six o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 10: Three year old whacked me on the head with a King sable.
Speaker 4: Oh what a great way to wake up.
Speaker 3: I love a tabla and bar and the heavy Yeah that's that's like a weapon.
Speaker 10: I didn't even get those any of it.
Speaker 4: Sharp edges as well on a tabolo. Yeah, And Paul had the rest of the day pan out.
Speaker 9: I got a cup of coffee. The hot water was straight out of the tape. Oh no, that's sweat to enjoy it burnt and happy days.
Speaker 4: All right, Paul, Thank you very much? She cool?
Speaker 3: Uh I and the garbo great. We haven't spoken to you an age.
Speaker 4: And how are you?
Speaker 9: I'm not bared yourself?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah good? And are you out there today collecting Ben's?
Speaker 9: Yes, I am.
Speaker 5: I think I passed you again Monday Bin Day in Alfington. Passed you on Grange Road this morning?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, I was in Grange Road early this morning.
Speaker 4: All right. And how was Father's Day yesterday?
Speaker 9: It was a laugh.
Speaker 4: Well what happened.
Speaker 9: All I got was a card and a hug from my daughter and the choice of what we had for dinner last night and that was it. And I even had to cook me in a.
Speaker 4: Di I y kind of put itself together.
Speaker 6: Mistake, my guy.
Speaker 4: Why didn't anyone eat with you? Ian Ah?
Speaker 9: They ate with me, but I had to had to cook my own because we had Hamburger's on particular on how I like my meat cook.
Speaker 3: And also you're asking him why and only probably just maybe his daughter took a leaf out of your but just got on one plate.
Speaker 4: They go, Andrew, good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: Here are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good? Andrew? How is your father's day? Buddy?
Speaker 9: I had a very good day, thank you? All right, I had a big win.
Speaker 4: What did you win?
Speaker 9: I got a adventer through jawge flight in the biplane.
Speaker 4: Wow, amazing. So where do you go and do that?
Speaker 9: There's a place out of Littleedale that does it, but mostly there around Point Cook area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what did you do in the summer when the weather's a bit better?
Speaker 9: Well, you've got two years to use it.
Speaker 4: Under the fact they give you three years. It's not ten years. It's not a year.
Speaker 9: Ye, No, it's not. It's not it's not ten years because obviously it's it is a little bit affected by the weather.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, a three year window. How well, you never know, you don't, you don't? And when are you going to go up? Oh?
Speaker 9: Next question? I only received it yesterday, so I wait for the weather to find up a little bit.
Speaker 3: First, Andrew, be honest, right, it's a great gift. And then when you next second you start to worry. I'd be wouldn't you be nervous? Sorry, wouldn't you be nervous?
Speaker 4: Aren't you a bit scared of going up in an No?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 9: Last year I was in Auckland and I did the score jump we can jump off the Skytawer.
Speaker 4: And that was the Father's Day gift as well.
Speaker 9: No, that was just something I did, right.
Speaker 3: Okay, because I get the idea that they've obviously they.
Speaker 4: Haven't increase your life insurance.
Speaker 1: Recently the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So my Father's Day I actually got treated yesterday. It was the best Father's Day I've ever had.
Speaker 4: You. We have all the calls we've had this morning. You were definitely the winner. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I don't know whether maybe they're making a bit of an extra effort because obviously we're starting new life here, so we're kind of, you know, going through quite a lot of things are going on. It's like a roller coaster when you start a new life, and so whether they made an extra effort yesterday because they've certainly did way more than they've ever done before. But yeah, yesterday morning, I woke up to freshly made brownies for breakfast.
Speaker 4: I mean, you live in like are already? Yeah? Them a little eleven year old maid.
Speaker 3: And then just as some starting to open the cards and the presence, they start having a set to. I don't know if it's just girls or where the boys would be like this as well, but I can only judge on based on what I've got, which is two daughters.
Speaker 4: It doesn't it's many seconds away from another huge, great round between them. My life with him is calm, calm, calm explosion, calm com calm explosion. I feel like I'm working for the UN going into a war zone. A lot of the time.
Speaker 3: My wife will just go in there. Can you go in there and yell at them? And I said, why, I've always got with the guy.
Speaker 4: That just walks into room and starts yelling, starting to yell. I don't even know what Why am I yelling in there? Can I just do anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Anyway, the.
Speaker 3: Cookies, I've only just started eating one of them, and then they start an argument because in the making of them. The younger one, though, is eleven year old, apparently dropped the F bomb when her bigger sister came down, said, you're making too much mess. Dad won't like it. Make sure you clean up all the mess as well, otherwise he'll have to cleaner. And she said, it's nothing the f to do with you. I'm an eleven year old and I'm like, can I just get through this quiet? I'm really not happy about hearing that lowist. We'll come to that in a minute. They start bickering and I'm like, not please, Can we just can I just serenity enjoy the rest of this brownie before you said the F bomb? It starts getting into it and then for tears come because she plays this. The eleven year olds made this slide show on her iPad, Dad through the years with this beautiful moving music underneath. It's photos of me with them since they were babies right up until now, over the last fourteen years, and we're in tears. And it really did look like one of those things they played at the Oscars when someone's dying. Also, yeah, it started with that photo that one we put up on the website, the one where it is very clear.
Speaker 4: My mum cut my hair, so it starts it looks like Lloyd from Dun Christmas.
Speaker 3: It starts, it starts pretty bad. And then we went out for lunch which was really really nice. And then we all snuggled up together yesterday because the weather wasn't too good and them, thank god they didn't take me out for picnic, and we watched groundhog Day, which is still brilliant. It's awesome movie, the first Bill Murray movie they'd ever seen. However, it's been a couple of since I've seen it. I've forgotten about what a lousy actress Andy McDowell was.
Speaker 4: Is there a single movie she didn't act like a plankin? I mean, Bill Murray is in Omega, She's off.
Speaker 3: She's got one gornous expression that movie Four Weddings, Remember four Wedding.
Speaker 6: She's the same character every movie.
Speaker 5: She's got one expression in groundhog Day because it's the same day over and over.
Speaker 4: Bill Murray gives it.
Speaker 3: We get a range from Bail and Chris Elliott and everyone else in it. That the worst scene in Four Weddings is the one is it raining? I didn't really notice, It's just the stunt cut almost about Groundog Day is still a great movie. All right, We've got the news of the water headlines on the way they went, talking out the Grand Final.
Speaker 1: The Christian hun Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Us again this morning is Ivan Hamish mcgloughlin talking the next twenty minutes stand about round one of the finals coming up this week and also our Grand Final. But first of all, let's talk about the games coming up Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Monthing I notice of the weekend with no footie was how quiet it felt.
Speaker 15: I didn't know how quite it felt morning, Christian Jacko. Really because I headed to Birdsville on Thursday with the Melbourne Cup. Because of the bye weekend, I was out of town. I was getting a lot of text saying can you get your brother put finals on?
Speaker 4: This is a desperate weekend for footy jag sad.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so I missed a bit of it, but I did find you a grand that lives in Thaga minda that wants in in the.
Speaker 4: Word spread to Birdsville that we're doing this.
Speaker 15: So just to put this into context, Melbourne Cup goes all around the world now in a Melbourne Cup tour, one of the legs was Birdsville. I said, I'd love to go.
Speaker 4: To the bird Will What kind of security is it going with the Melbourne Cup.
Speaker 15: Then it was me and two others, Jimmy Cassidy who's four foot one.
Speaker 4: So a tiny jockey you, I mean, anyone could just walk up to your.
Speaker 15: Neck yet and James Jordan, who's a mate who does form in South Australia for Racing dot com. And if there was a fight, all three of us jump behind the jukebox and take the cup.
Speaker 4: If you want to take the car to Wells, easy's heist waiting to.
Speaker 15: Happen, so just just on it though you forget you know, we're living in Melbourne. Go to the coffee shop down in the corner. We flew out of Sydney in a charter flight. Took a few hours to get organized. There were some problems with the charter flight, nothing mechanical. So we jumped on the plane. We're heading to Birdsville, fifty three taxpayers in Birdsville. We land in Burke, out the back of Burke to get fuel. In the first leg, no problems. There is an emu and a kangaroo by the aviation.
Speaker 4: Boss serving you well.
Speaker 15: We're thinking if they're in here, they can be on the strip. So when we land, you have to do a fly by and get the kangaroos off the strip before you land own.
Speaker 4: We then continue on flying Doctors. To me, it was.
Speaker 15: Exactly like that. And when we're fueling up next to us there was the Royal Flying Doctor's service plane. They're out the back of Burke. So then we leave Thagum in Burke and then we land. We said, oh, that was great, thank you, and the pilot turns around to us and says, actually, we're not in Birdswille. I said, aren't we supposed to be in birds? Because we are supposed to be in birds will? I said, where are we? We're in Tharga minda. Where is How do you even spell fargaminda t h a go o m I in d h Do you know what.
Speaker 3: We should do a Australian police name spelling me because that in your sat nape.
Speaker 4: I just give up and I just had some way, so I did exactly that.
Speaker 15: I said, Tharga minda, how far is that from birds will? He goes, It's not that fast, So I put it in Thaga minda to birdswill. Nine hundred and forty three kilometers. I said, so what are we doing tonight? And he said, well, I've rang Sue and we're going to stay in Thaga Minde. I said, who's Sue? She's been given the keys of the local motel. The guys that own the local motel are out of town. How many rooms in the motel?
Speaker 4: Six?
Speaker 15: They available?
Speaker 4: You're all available?
Speaker 15: So he's stay in the fargam in the hotel. Sue comes and picks up who is a grand and wants in. She takes the first lot of three people to the hotel, because you only four in a car at a time.
Speaker 4: Two of us wait.
Speaker 15: As Sue is coming back to pick us up. We hear the breaks and a screech and a thud. I said, se you okay. When she arrives, I just hit a rue. I said, really, all the lights are out. We just kind of drive back without any lights. I said, how many rus jump about the place?
Speaker 4: Is? I don't walk.
Speaker 15: Through Thugam into after six without a golf club.
Speaker 4: So what happens? They They tap me? I said, you're joking.
Speaker 15: I said no, no, I said, do you have grandchildren?
Speaker 4: Soon?
Speaker 15: She goes yep, I said, I reckon. You're the sort of woman we're looking for it for competition with her. So she's in and she needs to know whether those living outside of Victoria are eligible.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, we'll take any old grains. And what I'm wondering is what kind of iron you need to take out?
Speaker 1: I picked it up the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: So last Wednesday I shared my vision of this Christian.
Speaker 5: O'Connell Breakfast Show's Grand Final said grand new kick it.
Speaker 4: Yes you, we're on the search for Melbourne's Grand with the longest kick.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that so many of you would be up for this. We thought maybe if they were like three or four, maybe one way. We're we thinking even if we could get like all the eight final teams a grand for each of those.
Speaker 4: Now we don't need to worry about that. It is bigger than that.
Speaker 3: Over fifty grands have stepped forward since last Thursday when we first just talked about this on the show, saying they won in This is going to be huge.
Speaker 5: And so you're still deciding whether there's going to be a cap on numbers or if we get two hundred grands down.
Speaker 4: I think them more of a merrier now. You know, we're worried about that.
Speaker 3: We weren't sure one, if any of you will be interested in this, but now it turns out loads of you are interested in this. We storted to find a venue. It is definitely happening. The pancake parlor are in. Don't know what you were up to over the weekend, chat, but it's only one thing I did. A couple of times I was checking out their new delicious children's menu.
Speaker 4: Just eight dollars ninety.
Speaker 3: I'm not even reading that off a script because I've memorized it because I saw it so many times over the weekend when I was in and out of that pancake parler.
Speaker 4: So they'd let you eat off the kids menu.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, yeah, So it's a thousand dollars to the grand that can kick them all the furthest she's going to be calling this this is an amazing This is I think the pinnacle of your career.
Speaker 15: I had an interesting call late last week from my mother, who is a grandmother who wants in.
Speaker 4: She's sixty eight silver awesome.
Speaker 15: Someone called her that was listing and said, oh, my god, hey missus calling the Grand Final. She ran it to congratulations, well done?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she is in.
Speaker 15: She'd love to be involved. She doesn't know how to enter, so we need to explain that in just a moment. My mother in law, Susie, she lives in Barron Bay. She she's triggered to get hold of At the moment, she's unknown. But what are the categories? Is it just grandmother you're in?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, we're going to have to have drugs testing, but this is the only sports event where it's okay because some of them will need.
Speaker 4: To be on meds. But that is it. They just got to have a grandchild, just one grandchild at least.
Speaker 15: So what is the nearest the pin thoughts? We were talking about this last week. I think there are going to be some super fit and youngish grands, so.
Speaker 4: We've already spoken to someone there forty some even younger.
Speaker 15: I honestly think it is going to be forty plus meters.
Speaker 4: You think that far I kick was a good kick? I am. I am positivez to get fast to win?
Speaker 15: It are going to be extraordinary. Reckon, you have super fit grands come down and just unload the Torpedo Dustin Martin's Dustin Fletcher style from Fullback Dustin Martin.
Speaker 4: Either way you do.
Speaker 3: He's dressing up as an old lady just to win a thousand bucks? What's going on with Reckon?
Speaker 4: Nice? Try? All right, let's got a Claire who's entered already. Good morning Nana.
Speaker 12: Claire, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 4: So you are for this? How far do you think you kick it? Claire?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm hoping I can go fifty. I did hear one lady say she can go fifty, But considering I have three sons and two grands songs, I'd be a really embarrassment if I if I kick something really short fifty.
Speaker 15: Plus with some degree of confidence. I think you were saying that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well I think I'm pretty bit. I've just finished the boxing class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see. This is what I'm here on all weekend. These grunds that are entering day are ripped, They're shredded. They've been waiting for this the whole lives. This is their competition.
Speaker 15: Now what sort of footwear clan do you think you're gonna be wearing?
Speaker 12: Probably in the Nike for each because you're my favorite shops.
Speaker 4: He's got's got a sponsorship deal with.
Speaker 12: I hadn't been this same pair of Nikes, that's all I weir.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's amazing. All right. So we've got Claire Claire stay there. We've got now Bron we spoke to on Friday. She's emailed me over the weekend. Right, she's really really up for this. And she's got a new name as well. She's now Lebron. She is the grand Final. Do you give her that name? Or she does? Shemail me of the weekend? Was that game on Bron? Lebron? Is your now known us? Good morning, Welcome back to the show. Good morning, Christian. Here you going, We're going great. How was your training over the weekend? Did you go out and kick.
Speaker 10: Some Oh yeah, I went for a run Friday night and I've been out in this morning.
Speaker 8: Got a few ticks of my son in laws.
Speaker 12: They're saying the drop plant is the best one to go with?
Speaker 4: Is true? What do you guys reoking the drop punt is the best? Well, the talk is the longest you can get with a kick.
Speaker 10: They can go terribly rotten the talking.
Speaker 5: They can go anywhere off in any angle, So the drop kick is safe for it.
Speaker 4: So we open it to each grand sound that.
Speaker 3: However they want to kick it, it's entirely up to theming it or just to drop.
Speaker 15: It's just distance where it pitches. So what are you thinking, Lebron, distance wise? What are you hoping for?
Speaker 6: I'm hoping forty I'm thinking.
Speaker 15: Forty plus or not even No, I'm with you. I reckon forty plus or you're not even going to be in the top five.
Speaker 10: Oh well, definitely forty plus.
Speaker 15: Then it's really limber up and stretch those hammies, Lebron.
Speaker 10: Well, I think my son, my son in laws of those said, don't do a hemmy.
Speaker 12: You need to get the resistance band and start doing some training with it.
Speaker 4: This is what I love.
Speaker 3: I was hoping this would happen right where you'll have family members stepping in. Who are now you're You've already got your entourage, You've got a sports team there. So what is it Your two son in laws who are going to be looking after your training?
Speaker 14: They're coaching me.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, this is a physio.
Speaker 3: He'll do the Rebbie phasing it so you don't pick too soon before the big Grand Final.
Speaker 15: It's going to be like you know with a towel in the corner of Rocky Come help me.
Speaker 4: Come on, Mickey, It's all right. Listen Lebron. We'll catch of you later on this week.
Speaker 9: All right, awesome, thanks christ all right.
Speaker 3: If you listen to listen you want to get involved still plenty time you go online to enter the grand Final, head to our website. That's the best place to go now Gold one O four three dot com dot au Hey mu, should we catch up with you later on this week?
Speaker 1: Perfect The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, so the ten k not repeat work Day is going to be given away at some point this week. One if you will definitely win ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: We haven't picked the song yet that it's going to be.
Speaker 3: That will be played twice between six am and six pm. You can help us pick the song, So give me a call. Now, we're gonna pick five of you at random. You just name your favorite song or a song you really like. That's all we want from you. We're gonna put five of you on air and then we will pick one of those songs. One of five will be the song that is worth ten thousand dollars accorded. Now, just give me one song nine four one four one oh four three. That's all I need for me right now. Nine four one four one oh four three. You can help us pick the ten k No Repeats a song the winning song.
Speaker 1: This week the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: And we are helping you win the ten k. It's definitely going to be one this week. One of you win, will we'll win the ten k on the ten k No Repeat workday.
Speaker 4: We haven't pat the song yet.
Speaker 3: We're going to put five of you on air and then the song will be one of those five songs. You need to make a note of all these five and I'm going to ask you to pick the song and then give us a clue tomorrow to one of the five.
Speaker 4: I don't say it, obviously, this guy is good. This guy is up there. It is up there. Am I even telling you? Or is it? Don't even tell me, but tell yourself. You write it down to you before about write it all down, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Fay, good morning, good morning, good morning, and Faye, what's your song?
Speaker 10: Earth windom Fire, timber.
Speaker 4: Get it and what a song. Brilliant brit song.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Faye. That could be that one, all right? September Earth Window five, Yep, got you. Joel's on the chatbody else. Hey, I've just got Fox on the hold right now and just chatting to Fife.
Speaker 4: Good morning Joel.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, song, I'd like I produce a sunshruck get.
Speaker 3: In another great song of classic Joel, Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 4: Uh Marney Hello, good morning, Marny. What's your song for us?
Speaker 12: Mate sets one Girls by Queen?
Speaker 4: Brilliant song. Thank you very much for that one.
Speaker 3: So if you thought I said I was hesitating, now I was because Magoo, our producer, his eyes so getting worse. Have you seen how he's labeled that up on the phone system? Me Fat Bootom Girls three o's three o's.
Speaker 4: B O O t M Fat Bootim Girls. Tracy, good morning, Good morning Christians.
Speaker 3: Good morning Tracy. Hope you done nice if you can, Welcome to the show. What is your song you've got for us?
Speaker 8: Horror notes Manie in great hold of notes song as well, great Horror Notes, Tracy, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: And last one then Bethany, Hello, Hello, Bethany.
Speaker 9: You're right yeah, I'm just saying excellent.
Speaker 4: And Bethany, what's your song you got for us? Are in Excess?
Speaker 13: Suicide Blonde?
Speaker 4: Great song? All right then, so Bethany, keep listening this week could be that one. All right. So you've got five songs. I've chosen one, oh ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't you reminder now September Earth Wind and Fire, ac DC, Thunderstunt, Fat Bootom Girls, Quinn, Many to Holder Notes and Suicide Blonde. Last one there from Bethany by Inexcess.
Speaker 4: I've chosen one of those to repeat sometime this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, so tomorrow morning you will give us a clue to one of those five.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three yesterday then I got this voice message left to my little WhatsApp group I've got, gave up my mobile number a couple of weeks ago, and I formed the world's largest WhatsApp group.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not sure if.
Speaker 3: It is, but there's about two hundred and twenty people, and I get this great message yesterday.
Speaker 16: Hi Christian, this is Helen here. I hope you've had a good weekend and a good Father's Day. I got a tattoo done yesterday, which was no big deal because it's not my first one. But I was wondering, how old is it before you stop being she's scared to tell your parents or show your parents what you've done. I'm fifty one and I've got my sister.
Speaker 6: To tell them.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so maybe I won't tell them about the next one I've got booked in or.
Speaker 4: Let her tell them that too.
Speaker 3: See, this really took on me because I've got to too, right, I've only got one of them, and I've got it done four years ago. Okay, and I'm a grown up and my dad stool doesn't know because I haven't told him, and which is ridiculous. I'm a grown up. Is not going to be a ground meat or anything like that. Mum knows, sister knows, everyone knows.
Speaker 4: You all now know. My dad stool doesn't.
Speaker 5: Know I've got I don't know whether I should say, but my sister's doing this right now? What do you mean she got a tattoo.
Speaker 4: In Thailand earlier in the year. I don't think mom and dad know yet. Really, isn't that funny?
Speaker 3: What is that about? Even though we're adults, we're grown ups. We're holding down jobs.
Speaker 4: But you still don't want Mom and Dad to be disproving.
Speaker 6: Of you approval.
Speaker 4: I know what is crazy. Mom knows.
Speaker 3: Dad has no idea. I haven't told him. If I see him, I I just at that wear a longer sleeve.
Speaker 4: Over wet bands, like you're just going for a run. Yeah, or I put my watch over it. It's ridiculous. At some point he's going to find out.
Speaker 7: That's exhausting because it's quite easy to notice it's right there on your wrist.
Speaker 4: But I don't know. I mean, yeah, you're right, and he must have seen it, but because I'm not flagged it up that he doesn't know about it.
Speaker 3: So there's a friend of mine. Okay, she has had a boob job, right, Okay.
Speaker 5: At first I thought this was going to be one of those friend of mine stories that you tell about, you know, and this is really a friend.
Speaker 4: This really is a friend of mine who has had a boob job. Right. She's forty nine, and she had this done about seven years ago.
Speaker 3: She had well, she has not told her parents. Well that being crude here, it is very obvious. I'm not her dad or her mum, but it is really obvious, he's had some work done in that area. Okay, but her mom and dad they are they're blinder, got cataracts or something, or they don't want to go there all right, But.
Speaker 4: Maybe they thought they just grew naturally, like.
Speaker 6: All of a sudden minal or something.
Speaker 3: What of a sudden she's going through the change and getting a massive rack?
Speaker 4: Do you think that's what happens to women who you know not.
Speaker 6: What anymore? Thank you?
Speaker 4: So this morning, I.
Speaker 3: Want to know what are the things that your parents still don't know about? What things do your mom and dad still not know about your grown up?
Speaker 4: They don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's something you did as a kid or just in the last couple of years. What are the things that your mom and dad still do not know about? Nine four one four one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Rashing and small.
Speaker 3: Then share some secrets with us things your mom and dad still don't know. You're grown up, but you do not want mom and dad knowing about that? If you want, I don't want anyone get in any trouble, and you still want these to remain a secret. Give yourself a movie star name. Someone's just called in and said, Christianers, No, I can call into thing. Think my mum listens to your show. This is called this guy Bruce Willis. He treated himself a couple of months ago, got very large bonus at due to his job, to a very nice top of the range Mercedes. His mom and dad do not know about this because they've been asking for some money to help with some home rennover. He never drives them around when he goes to see them a couple of streets away and it's another older sort of suv. They still drive around in that crap pizza. They think he's not doing very well.
Speaker 4: He's got a secret Mercedes. That's unbelievable. Donald, good morning, Good morning. Okay Donasa. What is the thing then that your mom and dad still don't know?
Speaker 10: Well, first of all, I just want to clarify I am a grown adult. I'm forty eight years old. My husband's in his fifties. I have been married for twenty six years. I've got grown up children. But sometimes, you know, just as a treat, we are traveling to Melbourne and stay in a hotel for the weekend, and my mum I've never told her. She'll say to me, where were you on the weekend? I was trying to get a hold of you, And I make up excuses.
Speaker 8: Because it's all my sark.
Speaker 10: If I stay to them, oh, staying in the hotel for the weekend, it's almost you're advertising the fact that your butt nae could all weekend up against the glass windows. But I don't want them to think that.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know what, Donna, this call is excited me because my wife and I sometimes do this world fact this weekend we are going well, I don't know if it's going to go that well, I don't know if it's going to be me doing that just by myself. Actually, you know, while she's done a bit of shopping, you know, the crown. But we're going away for the weekend. And if you have kids, Donna, you have to do this sometimes that you can have uninterrupted wrestling time time uninterrupted.
Speaker 4: You tell the kids, Christian when you and they get another age now right where it's unsever I reckon you know, you know they go, why is to packing away the monkey mask?
Speaker 3: You never know?
Speaker 4: You ever know. I'm not saying you have to say, but it's there. It's there. Okay, you are it.
Speaker 3: It's your choice or saying there, saying you know, but it's there, It's in the mag I brought it always, all right, Donna, thank you for I'm.
Speaker 4: The I love how Donna said yep at the end, but yep, like no, I don't agree with that last year. Yeah yes, but Heather, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you, Christian?
Speaker 3: I'm really really good actually, And Heather, what's the thing then your mom and dad don't know about?
Speaker 9: Well, I've had.
Speaker 8: A tattoo across my back for six years.
Speaker 12: My sisters have tattoos.
Speaker 8: But my dad think they looked trashy, so I'd rather not tell him about that. And I'm in my mid fifties.
Speaker 4: This is great. And what is the glass? What is the tattoo? That's of course you bout Okay, there's.
Speaker 8: A couple of things. It's a bit of a lake with a pegasus and like a Guardian angel looking over.
Speaker 4: The Sistine back that.
Speaker 8: I actually I love with my accumband so I had to get a big tattoo.
Speaker 3: So much going to you lost a bet with your ex husband to get tattoo.
Speaker 12: I was a football bet.
Speaker 8: Christian said, don't get into any football bets, okay, because you never know what you're going to end up doing.
Speaker 4: So what was the football bet?
Speaker 8: If his team beat my team in the finals, then I will get a tattoo because he's had tattoos. And I said, well, if I'm going to get a tattoo, I'm going to go the whole whole holt.
Speaker 4: That's huge, steaks, Heather.
Speaker 3: Massive is Pegasus flying over the lake or coming out.
Speaker 8: Of looking over the lake flying wing sand and the angels looking the other way.
Speaker 9: Over the lake?
Speaker 4: Heather? Would you not around your parents? You wouldn't even be able to wear a singlet?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, I don't look at it.
Speaker 3: I mean you've got summer coming up for months, you're blessed in the city with great weather, and they're never going to see your naked back.
Speaker 8: No, they don't ever.
Speaker 4: Fly for you. I think this summer is the summer.
Speaker 8: I think it is a turn you turn around.
Speaker 3: All right, Heather, thank you so much giving us a call. That's great call. Thank you, have a great week.
Speaker 9: Thanks Christian, you too, all right, cheers all give us a call.
Speaker 4: Then these are brilliant. I love these stories.
Speaker 3: Then things your parents still don't know about nine four one four one four three Let pegass fly.
Speaker 1: We say the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three god one.
Speaker 3: Of four point three is to Christianna wat for show.
Speaker 4: It's eighty forty two. Sorry for sound distracted.
Speaker 3: Something unpleasant has happened any unpleasant so it's not to be talking about on there because this is unprofessional. But still I remember this team has done something really bad and damaging the show.
Speaker 6: Honestly, you boys.
Speaker 4: With us.
Speaker 5: Mister left us a present in the studio and he tried to wap it out.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad.
Speaker 4: She's disgusting. We just found it out.
Speaker 3: Producer came in to chat to us and lay find a terrible, terrible hell mark.
Speaker 4: Forest back side. That is not You've got to protect the show, not dump on it. Brand. That's a horrible egg. The air go on full full after life.
Speaker 3: Is terribly gassed in it or something broken up that colin we're brawls though a brass backside anyway. Sorry, I don't want to mention it, but you hav't struggled to breathe in a moment and do the show?
Speaker 4: Is it through to you pati. I feel like it's got the power to get through four paints.
Speaker 6: No, but you know his surige has been on the fritz in the backyard.
Speaker 4: That's what he's no trade. He can fix.
Speaker 3: That anyway, Sorry about that, Vanessa.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're pretty good. Vanessa. Who you had a nice weekend? And what is your secret? Then? That Mamma dad still don't know.
Speaker 13: About Okay, My secret is I have my tongue piers and.
Speaker 3: I don't know how long have you had your tongue pist that's in a half years.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to conceal that. How do you how do you.
Speaker 13: Take it out?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes more sense. I'd rather talk really thin lips.
Speaker 3: Suddenly, I think, And you are you suddenly, vanicister of Ventriloquist.
Speaker 13: I had to do that for a while because your tongue swells up and you're not allowed to take it out until it heals. So for about six weeks I had to be talking with my hand over my mouth and just keep away from them. Otherwise they would have spotted it. But now I can take it out.
Speaker 3: So all of this because you think they'd be too that they'd have a go, even though you're grown up now.
Speaker 13: It's sort of absolutely Especially my dad he would be disgusted. Oh no, no.
Speaker 4: Way, So you're using it. Are you using a fake name here, Vanessa?
Speaker 9: Yes, it is a fake name, Vanessa.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 6: No worries.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast, Shure Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 4: Three, The Christian Jackie and Pats.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend and I went to see Working Class Boy yesterday, but a fan of Jimmy since my teens in.
Speaker 4: The late eighties.
Speaker 3: Hearing you guys rave about it and you're saying how much it touched you Christian, there as a reason we went.
Speaker 4: It was everything you said.
Speaker 3: It was heart wrenchingly emotional, funny, interesting, aspiring, so much more.
Speaker 4: Can't recommend it enough. Thanks their heads up from Dan Lesson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's on for another week or two if you want to go and see something really different and amazing That is Working Class Boy, the Jimmy Barnes documentary.
Speaker 4: It's incredible. The music is really different in as well.
Speaker 3: It is it's everything that Dan said on Actually, I've got quite a few messages from people of the Weekend I've been to see it this weekend and absolutely loved it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I can't recommend that enough.
Speaker 3: Codle things that I saw on the weekend on the TV Amazon, Brian, you might see the adverts. Sorry on Stan They've got it this new Jim Carey show, kidding, how is that?
Speaker 4: Well? I liked it. My wife said she's never watching another episode. So two varied. It's fit. It is very different, very dark.
Speaker 3: I liked it because it's it's nicely something original and like, I'm not even quite sure what it is. It's about three or four different shows, you know, sometimes like what is it trying to do?
Speaker 4: Where's it gonna go?
Speaker 16: Is?
Speaker 3: I'm only gonna watch it in the couple of episodes. But I really loved.
Speaker 5: It because even from the first press shot I saw of it, I thought it actually might be a kid show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's about it's about he is a children's entertainer in it. It's going through a really really lifetime carry Yeah, I do see. He's a really interesting point as well. We see he doesn't care if he works anymore. Now. I just want to do interesting stuff. This is really really different. I loved it. There's the first episode is up and I think it starts properly in three days time, something like some of the third or second or fourth. Anyway, the first episode is up now on stan also on Stan the Great Who Is America By?
Speaker 4: I just finished that This that is something else.
Speaker 3: It's one of the greatest things that Sasha Baron Cohen has ever ever done. Some of the stuff he got away with is incredible. The last episode, the genuine hidden care and stuff with Oj Simpson.
Speaker 4: I wasn't even sure if it was right to be watching it.
Speaker 3: I didn't even find it funn at times, but just the bulls on Sasha Barron co And thank god there are people out there making genuinely dangerous TV.
Speaker 4: For us, specially in America. Right now. You need to see some of the stuff he's done. Some of it is amazing. Essentially, he's trying to get Oj to admit that he murdered his wife. It is it's crazy to his face, Why would you do that? Would you do?
Speaker 3: That's incredible Some of the stuff as well, But yeah, I can't recommend that enough for right We've got the new sport in the brand new atwork Time Wester coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Coome on in tie Now for this morning's at work time waste.
Speaker 4: We give you a topic you've got ten.
Speaker 3: Minutes to try and sling as many textile way jack or mart them gold, silver plus plus, bronze and various other made up bits in between.
Speaker 4: Today then couldn't use everybody rappers.
Speaker 3: Snoop dog is releasing a cookbook next month, making his own cook book is releasing it Snoop Dogg's favorite recipes. So today we're looking for band meals, rock and roll band meals.
Speaker 4: I've got Robert Palmer. That's good, Pires straits.
Speaker 3: Is that for pie? He's so sharp. Today's hire straights straight. That's good Pie straights Robert Palmer.
Speaker 4: So I find no golds? What ron scones? That's good? Yeah? All right? What have you got? Then? Four banned meals? I had Castle rolling stones for casse roll yeah, bronze minus radio bread ah yeah, nice, playwood mac and cheese. Oh that's a good one. And Motley stew very good. All right?
Speaker 3: Then send us yours there looking for your banded meals. Text them into us on four seven five three one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Seventeen minutes past nine Gold one oh four point three Christian, I've gone on Breakfast Show. It's time enough for Jack to mark your at work time wasters today. On the back of these end Snoop Dogg next month as we releasing a cookbook of his favorite recipes looking for your banned meals. Some of these are stretching the definition of what is a meal. Jack, You're ready to mark all right, I'll be.
Speaker 5: Marking non meals at a lower percentage than actual meals.
Speaker 4: Ntella see I like it. Yeah, Nattella is not a meal. Some people would eat it with just a spoon straight out of the jat, and those people are savages. I don't know anyone here do that straight out of the I'm looking at every I'm looking into everybody.
Speaker 3: Yep, cold, silver, bronze, silver, Savage Garden salad.
Speaker 4: That's good. Gold Yeah, Golden Web, sorry, golden whereby Scott and wherever you've got gold there?
Speaker 3: Uh, milk drake, I don't get it, drake shake, milkshake or milkshake.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, didn't get it. Bronze run b lt. That's high quality. That's a golden Werriby whoa everyone's golden web. Spam halen, Yeah, but not a meal. Although when.
Speaker 3: Nance were raised on spam, yeah it was all their five food.
Speaker 4: Groups, never had whole And now that'll look back and I honestly think she was preparing for like the apocalypse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those old time as they grew out of a different time, they were getting ready of case it all kicked off.
Speaker 4: I can have a gold for nostalgia. The Yeasty Boys is it yeast meal.
Speaker 5: Bronze snack Sabbath, Yeah, snack is yeah, silver bus.
Speaker 3: Shane, the pgs it making it's making us laughing.
Speaker 4: Peas are not a meal, So teach my dad peace. It didn't make it laugh. Those Silver plus Luca Noosa, well done. Lentil As Anything, Oh yeah yeah yeah, take take some time out radio. You know what I was thinking to tell you there is a restaurant in Melbourne called Lentils Anything, and we were doing the pump business stands this morning. Maybe I should bring that up. And then I had that all that, all that going on in that dialogue and that interior. Everyone's doing bronze for confusion. Uh, Paul jam roly poly, I don't know what a jam roly poly is. Like that spoil thing. Yea bronze lionel rich tea biscuits, not a meal, Bronze limp brisket. That's good.
Speaker 5: What is it limp biscuit brisk Yeah, brisket. Sorry, they didn't change anything. Brisket, silver Jude, black eyed pea and ham suit.
Speaker 4: That's a meal. But it's not that funny. Don't forget. He's still got all this stuff going on his head right now. Folks, culture club Sandwich, Culture Club sandwich good plus bread Zeppelin breads not a meal, but I use bread in one of my examples. So gold chowder finger that's better. That's very good. David Lee Broth, that's gold Vindero Reed, that is genius. That's a golden Weribe, Tully world done soup dog. Oh yeah, ties into the reason we're doing this whole thing, and well done them. And roast bjork that is so good. That's very good. That's a Golden Wearribee.
Speaker 3: Now this week, as a little spot price for some of the better ones on the outwork time waster, get a load of this A one hundred dollars voucher for Jim's cleaning.
Speaker 4: Jim will come around himself and clean whatever you want. Well, I think we can give it to Roast Bjork. Well, hang on a minute, what about Vnder lou Reed. That's my favorite. Yeah, Vinder lou Reed, you get the one hundred dollar voucher for Jim's cleaning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Last weekend of last week.
Speaker 3: Then we started talking about a big new idea on the show and wasn't sure how it would go over or if you'd be up for it. But people really are not as people nance we're talking about our Grand Final. We are looking to host a Grand Final. This is a load of grannies, Melbourne's finest grannies, all taking each other on with one simple objective to kick.
Speaker 4: The footyball as far as they can.
Speaker 3: The grand that kicks it the furthest wins one thousand ground, one thousand dollars. That's a lot of grands. I think that's all the grands here in Melbourne. Loads of you have entered over the weekend. If you are up for this, or know someone in might be, please push them to our website Gold one four to three dot com dot au. We are definitely doing this. Pancake Pilo of jumped on board. They are our official game day sponsor. Hamous mclachlin's going to be our match day announcer as well. His mum got confused. I thinks he's actually announcing the Grand Final. He hasn't corret today. Yeah, So we're looking for as many grannies as possible to enter. We've got one on the line right now. I think it's you, Granny Catherine.
Speaker 10: Hi, how are you going?
Speaker 4: Hey? Listen? Really good? So you up for being one of our grands of the Grand Final? I sure, am all right? So tell us about yourself. Do you mind if I asked how old you are? No, you never ask a lady.
Speaker 12: That I'm forty seven.
Speaker 4: So you're one of the young grands I think I am. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was a nana at thirty.
Speaker 4: Nine yep, thirty nine.
Speaker 10: Thirty nine I became an enna.
Speaker 4: Yes, wow, okay, And you'd like to look after yourself? You work out? You? What do you do? Do you run? Jog, hike?
Speaker 6: None of the above.
Speaker 4: Okay, when's the last time you kicked the footy do you think yeah? Or anything?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 16: Probably a week ago.
Speaker 12: I kicked the footy last.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how the fire do you think you're going to kick it?
Speaker 3: Because some of the grands you've entered so far, they're really up for this and they're thinking they might be forty or fifty meters.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm going to go to that too.
Speaker 7: My husband's an next AFL player, so I've.
Speaker 12: Got some good coaching.
Speaker 4: Who's your husband?
Speaker 10: He's the Birdman.
Speaker 12: Evans used to play for Richmond Tigers.
Speaker 4: The Birdman. Wow. Yes, so your husband used to play for the Tigers. He did, so he's he going to be your kicking coach.
Speaker 9: Definitely showing up to one of the.
Speaker 12: Favorites on one private lesson.
Speaker 4: That's fantastic. Well listen, good, well and listen.
Speaker 3: One thing we're doing then all the grands now, because we didn't know this, Catherine, but it's been so popular, we're asking all of you to come up with your own nickname.
Speaker 4: So you're going to be the bird Grand. If you've got the Birdman as your husband, I reckon, you've got to be the bird Grand. How does that?
Speaker 7: I might have to edit it slightly with the bird And then because that's what the kids call me.
Speaker 4: Bird. You're now born, reborn as the bird man. Okay, that sounds good to me. Bring on the bird now I can hear it now, Good luck, Catherine the bird Nan.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three announced it this morning at eight o'clock. The ten thousand bucks will be going away this week. We are going to break the ten k no repeat guarantee. And what it means is today we didn't know what the song is. We asked you to give us a song, and we said we're going to pick five of your suggestions. One of these songs is worth ten thousand dollars. It will definitely be played twice this week between six am and six pm. Here are the five from your suggestions.
Speaker 4: This morning could be this.
Speaker 3: Give Me that could also be this classic Queen, give this killer from holder Notes, then Gilby that for a minutexcess. So make sure you're listening. Tomorrow morning at eight a m. Or Jack will give us a clue to narrow it down even more. From the five songs, we'll go down to one. Keep listening.
Speaker 1: The Christian Oh Conall Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you very much for listening. Huggy is coming up.
Speaker 3: Next title of today's show is Let Pegasus Fly.
Speaker 4: We are back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 3: We've got five topic Tuesday, an update on our song for Melbourne and also hopefully some more grunnies. Head online then for your grand to enter the Grand Final Gold one four three dot com dot au
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three