Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Hey hey wa we were It's Flex and Frooms and before we start, I need to ask everyone a favor. We don't offen ask favors, but our producer, Mikayla God bless her, say hi, Mikayla, Hi. She has unfortunately asked me to ask you something. This is like when you're in the schoolyard and you ask your friend to ask your crush if they like you money. We really need you, guys to like and subscribe and rate the podcast five out of five.
Speaker 2: We've never asked this before, and I feel like not even once one year plus in. It feels like an appropriate time.
Speaker 1: We've given you a lot. Also, guys, I'm pretty sure it's sitting on like eight seven hundred or eight hundred of the moment. So after this podcast, I'm putting a little note in my calendar. If I don't see at least a hundred more by the end of the week, that's sort a threat. It felt like a threat, but like I'm gonna be watching okay, and it lines our pockets both that's a bountiful vibes rather than its acknowledgment. Really is that too much accreditation? Anyway, guys, I'd really like if you could subscribe and just rate at number five. And yeah, let's get to the podcast Keeter flex and Flex and Firms Flexy. It's important that we discuss all things on this earth and on this country, Okay, and I have come up with a comprehensive map of what every state would be if they were an Australian select briefing game. Okay, let's begin with Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start from the top. Adelaide, City of Churches.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who is that line up with Ladygarga guys Sebastian Australian Angels brought us here? Yeah, okay, yeah, doves.
Speaker 1: Man of Christian faith in the City of Churches. That makes sense. New South Wales more specifically, Bondai Beach, who's just lay Valance. She's Melbourne Hunt. Lara Bingle not nee Worthington. Lara Bingle in wages of her at Iceberg's her flushing the ring down the toilet, her and Michael Clark penthouse apartment on Campbell Parade. Okay, act none other than Toto Albanisi. He may be a canine. However, he is the representative for the act.
Speaker 2: Camba Australiana core A Nosageer Corps is just u summed art Melbourne.
Speaker 1: We had a lot of shoes from here, did we, Kylie Minogue. However, we've gone with a little known gentleman by the name of Warwick Kappa, A little known gentleman, say no more and t one of my favorites, Jessica Malboy. Oh yeah, I remember she did a no when she did her audition on Australian Idol. She was swatting away the fliers.
Speaker 2: You like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That burned by Jessica Malboy. What a banger? What a blawsy banger?
Speaker 2: I like glow. That's kind of a new song, isn't it. Yeah, I'm across She's out here and w A. This is a controversion one everybody, I'm a new fan.
Speaker 1: A ah, Kiki, shut.
Speaker 2: The voices again.
Speaker 1: It's not other than Daniel Ricardo.
Speaker 2: One king.
Speaker 1: Sweat, Sweat Daniel Ricardo is w a summed up?
Speaker 2: Can I interject please? This is a good time.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: Similarly to how we discussed a couple of months ago, Fred Again's rise to fame out of nowhere. We went from not knowing who he was till every second person pretending to be a die hard fan.
Speaker 1: Got the Salomon's on.
Speaker 2: This feels like what's happening with F one? You all just suddenly love Daniel Ricardo and Lewis Hamilton.
Speaker 1: Get your hands off respectfully of what.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go? Yeah? I do? Okay, I've been itching for a little bit of a a fight, a makeup to break up situation. Wrap it up, king, Listen.
Speaker 1: All I want to say is Daniel Occardo is w A.
Speaker 2: We've got the list, you need to go through it. Look, I just want to talk about Daniel Ricardo. I'm a big fan of ky. He's all over my TikTok f YP. Do you follow him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah yeah you follow Never watch Chef one. I just love his general aura and disposition.
Speaker 2: Are you shooting a shot?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm really really You're not shooting a shot at Daniel Ricardo.
Speaker 1: I know my boundaries. Okay, I know my limits.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that was really good.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: A couple of months ago, we posed a question would you rather be described as nice, kind, or good? When I say we was me? It was you it was it was me every now and then, like to operate as a team, as a unit, as a duo, as a couple. I'd like us to refer to each other as partners or couple.
Speaker 1: There's definitely chemistry. I continue to say.
Speaker 2: It's happening. I actually might shot every week of rooms. Every week. Actually, I asked you today, why haven't we gotten married? And like it didn't really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that, but I didn't respond.
Speaker 2: I was deep in fault. You miss every shot you don't take. That's true, that's true. I appreciate it. We post the question. I posted the question would you rather be described as nice? Kind, or good? In my head, these are three comparable things or positive qualities. The majority of people walked like being described as nice was like the worst possible thing ever. Oh, it's so insincere, and I think it's the best.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I want to be nice. It's not it's light, it's easy. And then I came across a TikTok that was talking about how you know, there's a lot of discourse on the internet about like what do we owe each other as a society, and this person said, at a bare minimum, we owe each other politeness and the Internet. Ate listen to this TikTok from Michelle Skadewski.
Speaker 3: I made a couple of videos the other week talking about how I think politeness is an important social contract that needs to be upheld because we all owe each other like basic decency and manners at face value, and like, for example, sometimes you should just do something because it's the nice thing to do. Like staying in a conversation that you think is a little bit boring doesn't necessarily preteen to you. You're in a group. Sometimes you should just stay and nod and smile because it's the nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: Enabler, No, don't be enabling no conversation.
Speaker 2: Think about how many, like let's say, in a work situation, how many polite nods we've done in our time just because of the thing you do. You know you need a big dog. You do a little giggle, giggle, cackle, cackle, it's fine, drop a night, it's funny. I think, at a bare minimum, it's not too much to be polite. I think people would be surprised how naturally it comes and how unconsciously. But you're doing it anyway. So even if you subconsciously think it's enabling. I feel as though I don't mind that. I don't want people to be genuine around me all the time.
Speaker 1: Do you know anyone who's like, markedly not polite in your life? No? Yeah, not, well I don't think so I do, but they're a bit older.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I something of prickly vibes. But I chalk that down to you. Maybe they just don't actually like me, and it's not a prickly vibe.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine anyone not liking you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an energetic thing though. Okay, I think it's my fault sometimes. Oh no, I think it's my fault. You know what it is the mistake I've made. Remember I said a couple episodes shows ago that I think one of my rules for life is not over enthusing how much you like a stranger to you know, make the situation feel warm. And the way that that's kind of bitten me in the bum is I think you can really tell when I like people, and if you're not getting that treatment, you're like, okay, wait, so I didn't eat, so she doesn't really like me that much. It's like, well, yeah, no, because I want people who I like to know I really like them.
Speaker 1: As I always say, it hurts different when it comes from you. Yeah, I am on the polite train and it has been such a pleasure talking with you. What a Woman's yet again producing Mikayla has dished me up.
Speaker 2: I stepped in where you couldn't step up to your plate.
Speaker 1: Listen as we talk about on the show. No, Mickayla, what a woman? She said to me, you need to bring us more breaks. I said, Look, I've got things on my plate. I've got to be at home cooking my recipe. Team needs. She said, I'm going to bring you a wiki how you need to teach the great people of Australia how to say hello in cool and creative ways. As you know, I'm a quirky coated woman. Here are some cool and crazy ways to say hello. If you're a school child in the back of your car right now, I'd say, do not do this advice lest you be mercilessly bullied. Number one yo yo yo, go on the.
Speaker 2: T I always give you the benefit of the doubt. And I have to stop. I have to stop. Please keep going.
Speaker 1: Go the ironically hip hop root to a player, it's.
Speaker 2: So Caucasionally he not on.
Speaker 1: But how did you get.
Speaker 2: Who let her in the door? Who's letting anyone in here these days? Don't give anyone shows Rick Rubin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now who's the other one?
Speaker 2: He's white too, so I always thought he was Rick Ross. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: This works well if you're older than the person you're greeting and you want to embarrass them a bit, And if you're greeting someone a lot older and you want to throw them for a loop, it's a goofy sellang Field way to really bring the vib We're.
Speaker 2: Still on yo yo yo, yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? This one is something that Mikayla says to me before. How do lines greet other animals? Raw pleased to eat you? And seeing that Michaela's loving this, she Michayla obsessed with this break. Michayla, how are you feeling over there? Dog?
Speaker 2: I feel good?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: I would say it is a skill to greet people with just words and nobody language, Like if you just had to be like stiff body, just words, most things sound condescending or disruptive.
Speaker 1: True, that's why saying like greetings and emails is so difficult. The Hayes too, casual. Yeah, the high is insane.
Speaker 2: I do Ola, yeah, or hate team.
Speaker 1: I've only heard Ola when my iPhone restarts again to my will Ola bonjour. You're listening to Flex and Frooms on kit.
Speaker 2: You have ever wondered what our dynamic is. It's transitioned from potential couple to mummy daughter obviously Flex mummy matriarch through me big baby, but I think.
Speaker 1: For me big baby with patriarch rising.
Speaker 2: See you're the real mummy, but you're big baby coded. I'm the big baby mummy coded exactly.
Speaker 1: But we are guys. Just let me reiterate one more time. Flex and I are going to be having children at the same time. You're can be born a few months apart. She's having a blood Rex. Yeah, I'm having a girlhood Ellie. They're gonna hate each other in primary school. Yeah, but then eventually get together by.
Speaker 2: High school like best friends. They won't even know it.
Speaker 1: Though they're having a break. They're both on a euro Well, my chick's going America because she is going to be in after Rex is going to Europe to be a DJ in Berlin. Oh, you reckon, And then they're going to come together and bear us grandchildren.
Speaker 2: Can you, oh goodness, doing so badly? Just a couple two matriarchs money powerful. Yeah, we'll be paying for some private school.
Speaker 1: For many general I'm.
Speaker 2: Smoothing the moment. There's a little little thing in my womb. I'm going straight to every local private school on pitching. I don't know what's in here yet, it's gonna be good. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: To two types of people with flex and fruits.
Speaker 2: Play the tape DJ please.
Speaker 4: Warm weather people. According to some sociological references I will list here, are event based when it comes to time. Whether people are time based when it comes to time. This manifests in what you might hear as island time. This is very common in places like Hawaii, where they're just like, well, what time are you going to get here?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Never, I feel like it. Meanwhile, in cold weather environments, you have to be on time. You have to be fast. You have to hurry up to the front of the line and say your order because there might be someone outside the deli who's freezing to death if they don't get inside quickly.
Speaker 1: That is genius flex.
Speaker 2: It's nice to know that, as individual as you feel, you are butt a statistic because this idea of warm weather time or like Ghana time or colored people time. Not everyone can say that don't get excited noted CBT, don't get excited, Okay, PC only. But it's so true because when I was younger, I used to get really upset when my mom would be quite like chill about timing. We would have church the same time every week, we were always late, or if she'd pick me up from school or somewhere and she'd be late, like oh, you know, like what's the big deal. But I'm that way as well. Feels as though, like I want to be somewhere when the environment dictates it's a good time to be there. So you might say the dinner party starts at six, but I feel like I don't want to trickle in when it's too early. I'm gonna go when it's pumping. I'll be there at eight. Well that doesn't make sense because it said six, But in my head, I'm like, why would I go when the party is not started?
Speaker 1: See where the opposite Because I'm a cold wither her girly. I grew up in Melbourne. I didn't realize that Melbourne was cold until I moved to Sydney and then realize, oh my god, every day's warm in Sydney. Like you would not understand.
Speaker 2: I think I might.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've been there for two Weekspokes, two friggin' weeks. Go all the way off. I will say, I'm very punctual, and I you are think of things in a time. That's why I'm so nostalgic, because I think of things in timelines. Anyway, very intelligent. This is legs and rooms.
Speaker 2: I'm Kater Flexi, Sydney born and bred in the Eastern Suburbs. Did you feel that for me? I'm not quite sure. I mean, I think it's because you, like I'm black.
Speaker 1: I thank you for I'm not letting me in criminal life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took that for you. Anything else to do?
Speaker 1: Anyway, you are from the Eastern Suburbs, it's because you don't talk about the Eastern Suburbs that much.
Speaker 2: I don't, so you very mysterious. And my family are still there, so like I'm an og anyway, you've recently I've recently moved to Melbourne because as we know, I have a bit of an individuality complex and the older I get, it's kind of done me more harm than good in some instances, like it's been really good to cultivate a really specific identity in some ways. But also I've convinced myself that I'm not able to have generic life experiences because everybody does that. I want to do what everybody does so I can feel like I'm experiencing what everybody else experiences. So I moved to Melbourne. Being whim I was kind of oh for me was instrumental in this decision. I would never have considered Melbourne had I not have experienced through me being so obsessive out a place. I made the move on a whim. My lease is running out, six weeks to go. I said, let's just do it, let's crank it. So I moved and it has been the best I honestly, who would have thought, crazy?
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: I was preparing myself for like same different smell, right, you know. But I was on my drive there, my nine hour drive, I was thinking, if you know, like, who pays this much money and spends this much time to uproot their life if not to try and be different or experience something different. And it's an energy I wouldn't allow myself to experience. In Sydney because something about it. I was like, oh, I'm from here, and like I know this and I've been here. I wouldn't allow myself to feel surprised or interested, or to even be pleasantly surprised by Sydney. So it's been fantastic. Each week, I'm going to give updates what I'm eating, what I'm experiencing, what I'm The first thing that I found to be really quite strange I went to a Bunnings in the in the North area, and I was very surprised to find out that the staff they were all alternative. Now when I think of Bunnings, I think of Tracy and Terry, Tracy and Terry trade's or people who have had thirty years experience on the tools.
Speaker 1: Great please to meet men.
Speaker 2: This one the inner North one. But anyway, I imagine this. I have been unpacking all day. I'm musty, like I'm just going to grab a little something from Bunnings and go back home. Why do I pop off? I'm seeing every second guy because I an AFL play a little shorts, great legs, six foot two. I'm like, what's going on? All the staff hot, all the Bunnings guests hot. It was very stressful, I said, we have arrived. We have arrived. Mummy's clocked on.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio