Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast last.
Speaker 2: Week that life.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading. On today's episode with Mazuki Alia, the first two eliminated booted contestants from Australian Idol's Top twelve. The competition is really heating up and after a nail biting first week of performances, it was Anyone's guest on who was going to be sent home. I genuinely think both of these girls have something really special and I know that you're going to hear that. In my chat today, Mazuki will talk about the online trolling and how that affected her time on the show. Alia will share how the songs were picked and what producers wanted her to lean into. I find out about the dynamics between this year's Top twelve and what the girls think of the friendship that they now have with the remaining artists left in the competition. You will get everything from their thoughts on the judges, if the remaining artists have the tenacity to match their talent, and what part of the singing competition that doesn't count. But leaves the audiences knowing what they're missing. There is actually so much to talk about, with so many inside revelations as per usual, So sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world of austrain Idol, which returns this Sunday night on Channel seven.
Speaker 2: Oh hi Van, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Have you been to bed? Live? TV is a bitch?
Speaker 2: Oh, isn't it? Isn't it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm surprisingly doing quite well considering the outcome.
Speaker 2: My head's pretty highest steels.
Speaker 1: Congratulations though, And can I just say I have learnt from you from watching you and your humble nature, your empathy, your kindness. I just think, and I'm forty five and so we're always learning. But I just thought, yeah, dled that so well?
Speaker 2: Oh thank you? No, that means a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look I again, like I have to look around the room and see who I'm up against. And yeah, like someone had to go home. Unfortunately it was me, But I can happily look at top ten and go and.
Speaker 2: Every one of them deserve that spot. Well.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that my partner was still working last night as the live episode was happening, and I watched Australian idol, like people watch the Super Bowl a lot of screaming, a lot of yelling, and he heard both songs and he said to me, oh, well, you clearly know who's going to win out of those two girls. And I was like, no, you don't know. You don't know anyway, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Not with the public society, and you really never know.
Speaker 1: It was shocking. I'm shocked.
Speaker 3: No. I appreciate that, thank you, and that support things means a lot, means you for something in me, So thank you.
Speaker 1: It's so strange because this particular season, it looks like there's a bit of a genuine bond going on with everyone. Is that manufactured for television or were you all getting along like a house on fire?
Speaker 3: I love this lot off camera, like I have a genuine connection to these people.
Speaker 2: You know, we have all bonded so quickly.
Speaker 3: I was so fine with the verdict, like not fine, but I mean excepted my fate being eliminated, and I had I walked off, you know, with my head held high, proud of what I had done out there, and I kept it together until I walked into the room full of the contestants. The minute I saw all their faces was just the silence was loud. Everyone just stopped talking and we had a little group cuddle. It was that moment that I saw them and I realized, damn, like, I don't get to see you guys and spend time with you guys anymore. That really hit me and the water work started from there. So it is a genuine connection with these lots.
Speaker 1: It's like the movie Speed where Sandra Bullock says relationships based on in intense situations. On the way she says in Speed that they don't work out, that's that's a bad quote. Let's leave that way.
Speaker 3: I already yeah, we're already planning trips to go to peopful states and you know, have a little catch up after the show, because yeah, I just can't let these people go. We would just forget that I spent all this time with them and we experienced things together. Definitely be making an effort outside of the show to see these.
Speaker 2: People for sure.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the way in which they split the groups, because like back in the day, we just had to do like a four hour episode. I mean, I'm exaggerating because that's me. That's on brand for me. But like you know, they would put everyone together and everyone had to sing against each other. But we're splitting people in a very different strategy. I would say, for how the episodes rolled out on a Sunday on a Tuesday, how do you think that that affects the way in which people go home? Or do you think it does?
Speaker 3: I definitely think that, you know, having the two separate heat does alter the overall public vote for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: I actually didn't know that that's how it went. I thought that, Okay, I understand that there was Heat one and Heat two, but I thought when it came down to the voting that it was everyone overall together.
Speaker 2: So that was actually surprise to me to find out that.
Speaker 3: It was split into But well, definitely, I think that has a lot to do with the results.
Speaker 1: And I also think it's interesting because like with the way in which it happens, you get like a save me song, but people have already been voting. How much do you think that saved me song affect the way in which the outcome was? Do you think that saved me song factored in? Because in this situation, and I love both of you girls like I I mean, I've been rooting for both of you, but it was very clear to me that your song was better, which makes me think, how much does that save me song factor?
Speaker 2: In should be.
Speaker 3: Completely straight up with you save me song has absolutely no bearing on a decision that was already made before we came out of the stage and saying that saved me song. So I know it seems a little bit like pointless in a way, like why would we do.
Speaker 2: A save me song when it doesn't save you?
Speaker 3: But I think if I look at it glass past four, I was super proud of the performance that I put on, and it was more so a second opportunity to show my fans and the public what a great performer I am. And that performance I feel like, will assistance follow.
Speaker 2: Me of my journey outside of the Bible.
Speaker 4: Had a role and you went away not you know round no one.
Speaker 1: Not know because it was one of your best performances. I mean, I I mean, you never did a bad performance, if you ask me. Every single time we saw you come out right from the start, like you know, Angel of Mine. I think you know, God is a woman. Oh my god, I can't I can't remember them all and figured me if you're not remembering them all, But anytime you came out and sung something, I was like, shit, this person really has it, Like thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I even knowing that song had no bearing on the decision that was already made, I still was going to go out there and give it one hundreds and ten percent because again I knew it was just another opportunity to show the public wide I should support me outside of idle. And you know I was saying this, but the gross I've made from audition up until my last performance, it has been tremendous. I have improved leaps and bounds, and I'm finding my confidence and when being on stage, so going out every performance, find myself getting more and more comfortable, more and more confident. And I think that was proof of last night's performance. You know, it's just again another step up, another opportunity to perform. And yeah, I was in flight flight broad you know, I still wanted to fight for that spot and show people what it should have been me And hear.
Speaker 1: What you're saying, but I honestly would say to you, you are the type of artists that we will be talking about in twenty years, Like you are not a reality TV show artist. If you ask me I genuinely think there's something very special, Like if you look at a few of them that have been in IDOL over the years that don't make it all the way through the competition, but stay in the chart. That's who you are. You're in your bones, like every time you came out and sound, feel that you're in your bones, Like I don't have enough that's saying yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I definitely, I definitely feel that. You know, obviously well, being so new to me, I was like, oh god, how am I going to go being on camera and you know, sharing my whole personal life to the world and playing with a live band the first time of being on stage and having a spotlight, like I don't know how to deal with all that, and to see how naturally it all came to me. It comes down to as what you said, like it's in my bones, within my DNA to do this. I'll hold on to that for sure, and I'm definitely going to keep going with music.
Speaker 2: I've got a crazy good candise.
Speaker 1: I think if you like a Matt Corby, because like Matt Corby is of course an Australian IDOL, you know, yes, he's an alumni. Yeah, and you can't take that away from any of the alumni, but in the same breath of saying that he went on and transcended beyond it, And that's kind of where I see your trajectory going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure, and I'll take.
Speaker 3: Ricky leeas even a massive insortation for that as well. You know, obviously she didn't win either, but look at what she's doing.
Speaker 2: She's better, She's doing better than some of those winners.
Speaker 3: So it's just it's it's what I do with this experience and platform that I've been given is going to determine my fate moving forward, for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, you shocked by some of the Saves this week because we've got Marshall and Elish and both of them are amazing artists in themselves. I mean, it's almost a personality story going on with them as well. It's not just a great voice. There's like a full something or rather going on. Were you shocked by the choices in them? And do you think that a large part of their choices in keeping them there is because there is a little bit more of a personality story going on.
Speaker 3: I actually wholeheartedly agreed with the Saves, both Eilish and Marshall. I know Marshall was in My Hate and Our Calum on the bat and said, yeah, like so beal like they should have picked you, Like he's something very special, and so is Eilish. I think that performance that she did the Top twelve was wildly good. I obviously understand that having the full package is part of being a star.
Speaker 2: You can't be a great performer.
Speaker 3: I mean, shit bricks when they were the camera in front of you, doesn't you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Talk a bit of gray hand in hand.
Speaker 3: And I think that both Marshall and Eilish are phenomenal on an off camera and I don't actually don't think that their stories or anything had any bearing on them making it through. I wholeheartedly can say that the performance is that they put.
Speaker 2: On all well deserved to be pushed through.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Top ten.
Speaker 1: I mean there were some moments in Eilish's song where I was like that that's a choice to how like that in a song that it really worked. I was like, I'm it really works. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love seeing Eilish come alive, like she's so sweet, she's such a cute opportunity off the camera and on camera, and then she just her alter ego takes over when she gets on stage, and I feel really proud of her, like her young girl to do what she's doing, like like she deserves that.
Speaker 1: Is she gonna make it though? Like it? I mean could she be the person? Because I mean, if you look at the artists that have survived in Australia, like Kylie Minogue will tell you the historian, there's tenacity and there's talent, and Kylie talked about the tenacity of being able to ring people, put tracks down and never give up. Like a large part of being a successful artist is not winning a reality competition or is not having a number one single. Is the phone calls that you make off the back of that. I mean there's something in this figure as well, do you know what I mean? Like you want to put that work in? Can I lash do that? I mean, is she going to be able to pick up those calls and fight for it?
Speaker 3: I think if I was telling the right team behind her. Obviously she's quite young, you know, she's probably wouldn't even know what direction what road to take, you know, So I think if she's got the right team behind her, because there's definitely.
Speaker 2: An audience for her out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they love her.
Speaker 2: You know, it is justinitely an audience.
Speaker 3: But I think being so young, she wouldn't even have a clue what direction to go. So I think with the right team behind her, she could do really, really great things.
Speaker 2: She's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: And the last thing I was going to ask you about in regards to this competition was about the song choices. The song choices for me are really interesting. So these the songs that you would put out, is this the artist that you are? Were you happy with the way in which you could choose these songs or are these songs kind of attributed to you?
Speaker 3: Good question, So I would say that, yeah, I would say my picks that I've done on the show are a very good representation of maybe half of the artist that I am. I am sing the show really wanted to sort of tap into that old school ninetieth R and B vibe, which is absolutely part of me.
Speaker 1: That is like, that is still a part of you.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's on my playlist. That's what I'm Jemmy in a card to his old school R and B.
Speaker 3: That's what I grew up around my parents from lasting two back and stuff on the weekend.
Speaker 2: So that is.
Speaker 3: Absolutely my vibe. I feel like there was my other more modern R and B that I would have probably loved to show.
Speaker 2: A bit more.
Speaker 3: I did gul a taste of that when I got in the Weekend pull out my Name, So that was really fun when I did that song. But I definitely probably would have loved to showcase my other R and B side, the more modern R and B side, because I do both.
Speaker 1: Of course you do. I mean I think that call out my Name by the Weekend, I think is when you transcended with the audience. And I think that there is something about singing something current. You know, you have to work twice as hard on an older song because for starters, sending office time after time is such an iconic song. We are attributing how that song sounds that way, and that doesn't a use song. It in some ways better than she ever did. But that's a really hard space to be in, do you know what I mean? Like, that's a really hard space when you're working with older tracks versus stuff that's very you know now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you're gonna upset someone out there.
Speaker 2: You're gonna upset someone when you put your flip on it.
Speaker 3: And I respect that, and you know, I try to respect the integrity of the song as much as possible, but faking it my own as well.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: It's those old school classics that people have loved over the years and got used to the way that that sounds. So when you put your own little pin on it, sometimes it's not received well. But I don't know if that had a bearing on my outcome. So I can look back at my performance and I personally think that I did a really good job and that that was one of my best performances. I'm just every week coming more and more out of my shell and feeling more and more comfortable on that stage.
Speaker 6: Now, I helped you mat of.
Speaker 3: The broken place you gave me.
Speaker 6: For you.
Speaker 4: List a boot you won't up, A boot.
Speaker 7: You won't up.
Speaker 6: I claims, you're so proud and no.
Speaker 1: To come in.
Speaker 7: I kid you, so tell me want I pt you. I want it, OK, I can't.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I'm just gonna tell you right now, I'm in your audience. I think there's a lot of people watch the show that are in your audience, Like this is just the start. This is like a jumping off point this.
Speaker 2: Is like you, Oh, thank you so much. That means the world. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Just like going to the pool and not wanting to dive in, but then just taking a small dive and then at the end winning, Yeah, picks. That's the vision board. That's where we're going. You know, before I let you go, I have to ask you this question, which is what I ask everyone who runs the podcast, and that is something of what is a behind the scenes moment? And is it really hard to do with these behind the scenes moment of what you're allowed to say? But is there What I'm interested in asking you is when you look back at this experience, what do you think is the moment? Like we all look back at experiences, whether it's high school, a job that we've had, and there's a moment that we go that's sort of what we remember. What do you think in ears to come that you'll look back at and think that was my idle experience sort of summed up at that moment.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think the goal of a ticket moment for me was such such a shot. I really did not think that I was going to get through, and it was almost like that validation that I needed. And that's that was the beginning of that self doubt slowly fading away. From that day, that self doubt just slowly started fading and I became more and more. I came into myself. I found myself, you know. But that moment was the start of finding myself. So I'll hold on to that, you know, for sure. And having having all three judgers give me yesters and also walk out to come and tell my family and friends that I got three yesters like that was a standout moment for me as well, because they don't get up out of their seeks to walk out with every contestant, so that was.
Speaker 2: Very, very near and dear to me.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, okay, I've impacted them in a way that I can't.
Speaker 2: Even imagine, Like it's happening. Yeah, it's happening. Yeah, that's who unfold baby.
Speaker 1: Girls. I just want to say thank you so much for being so generous and talking to me today. You know, I really have enjoyed watching you on this show. I think you've done such a fantastic job. Yeah, and I can't wait to see what you do with this whole thing. I think it's going to be quite exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much. The pleasure talking to you. Thank you for your kind words, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Your HiPE girl. Just call me when if you wake up any day of the week, any day of the week and you're having a bad day, slide into the DMS and I'm just like, whoop, whoop ah.
Speaker 2: My head's my head's so big. After the conversation, how dare.
Speaker 1: You What a fabulous chat I had with a liar? Some really good insights there, I'm sure. Now we are going to unpack the Australian Idol journey with Mazuki, who I'm sure is going to also have some pretty exciting tales to tell. Hi.
Speaker 5: Ben, how's it going.
Speaker 1: I'm good mate, how are you.
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Thank you congratulations on making it into the Australian Idol Top twelve. I don't think it would be the same thing if it wasn't for your contribution. I'm just going to say that, Oh.
Speaker 2: That's really sweet. I really appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's it's a really hard thing as an artist to be able to sing the sort of music that you sing. I'm just going to say that because I'm in awe of anyone that can speak that fast, let alone wrap that fast. And even try and find your breath. Oh my life, they told me that awarded. She can't sing.
Speaker 5: We hate rap.
Speaker 4: Katrine's talk big, don't shine, don't speak Your better shrink is she's talking on the mic like she's not even singing. I don't get it.
Speaker 7: Where to tell?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: I hate the accident.
Speaker 7: Who let the tall ben?
Speaker 1: How does she get in?
Speaker 3: I hate rapping, just hate the same believe.
Speaker 7: In the kids.
Speaker 1: What's an age were you when you realize that you could do something like this?
Speaker 5: That wasn't even my fastest rapping that was honestly.
Speaker 1: Oh they turned you down?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, do a lot more than that. But I'm very grateful for the comment.
Speaker 5: Just a long time of practice and dedication to the craft.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, it's such a huge accomplishment to get onto a show like this. Are you Are you still processing the whole experience because that was a live episode last night. That's very hard to do live TV because then you're processing everything in real time with the rest of Australia. What is your head doing today, my friend?
Speaker 5: I know it definitely was a big shot to the system for sure, but you know, I'm very grateful for what I've done I'm proud of being able to be the first person globally to crack the top twelve without seeing a single note and being able to showcase wrap deserve the place, and just showcase diverse voices and diverse genres.
Speaker 1: You know, what did you think of this experience in this in the sense of, like what you thought it was going to be? Like, you're a very soulful person, You're a very like what's the best way to describe it, Like you're connected to the universe in a way that I think other people are not. And so when you are connected to the universe the way that you are, did you have a feeling of how this would all go?
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 5: I definitely was guided to come onto the show how it was going to play out. I wasn't really concerned about. I knew that I was being guided to apply and I was guided to do what I've done. So how the kind of cards fall isn't really up to me. It's more so about me just doing what I'm told to do. And I think I've said what I needed to say, and I think it's just the beginning and then maybe like a ripple effect beyond what I've done so far on the stage.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because, like you know, if you're reading cards, if you're doing that kind of stuff, it's one power, but then you've also got this music power. Do these two coexist in a weird way?
Speaker 3: Like? Are you?
Speaker 1: Can you bring those as soon as we saw you, when we saw your story? These are the questions that I wanted to know. I'm like, do these go hand in hand in some way?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that my spiritual journey and my musical journey are inextricably linked, and that as I grow as an artist, and as I grow spiritually, I grow as an artist, and as I grow as an artists need to reach more people with my message. And I think the two are very linked. And I'm teen to see how it continues to play out.
Speaker 1: And like, I know a lot of people that are in that sphere, and they talk about not necessarily knowing or predicting or understanding their own journey where that's going to go, but then they can do it with other people. If that's true. Did you meet the top twelve the other eleven? And are you do you have an idea where you think this is going to go? That's what I want to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, I do have an idea of where I do like where I do think it's going to go in terms of the competition, but I'll keep that word on the hush.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to look at this article. By the way, there's an article that was out yesterday. I don't want to click on it because I do not want anything to take away from my idle journey. There was an article, yes, so it says the winner is basically revealed, and I was like, this is a live TV show, no one knows anything. People could fall down, you know, fall off the stage and knock the two front teeth out, Like you don't know who's going to win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, definitely, No, I haven't actually seen that article. That's that's the curious one. But honestly, I think it's beyond who wins or you know, how it kind of plays out. I think we've had such an amazing group of talent this year, so I'm excited for everyone's individual journeys.
Speaker 1: Really, it's interesting as well about this show. It's a very tough job to sign up and be a judge. To be on that panel, I think would be very hard because They've got a very tough job to do. You know, you can't just turn up and be like that was beautiful, do you know what I mean? You need to have some criticism, You need to have some color in what you're offering these young people. What was your relationship with Kyle Sandalans, Marsha Hines and Amy Shark, Like do you think that they're doing a great job and do you think that they represent sort of the faces or the powers that be that need to be offering criticism.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I've loved my interaction with the judges. I think the judges know what they're talking about. I think that they can see they know, they know about the music industry, and they can see like what is going on. So I think they are a good panel. Amy obviously, she's killing it in her own field, and she's like current touring musician who's like doing such amazing thing, so she kind of understands what it takes to be in the music industry. And speaking with her has been really great just because I think she gets me sort of level of life. And then Marsha is so needed. She's an absolute legend, and I think she's like even to have like this powerful like woman black woman as well, who's just been in the industry for so many years, and I think she stands by herself in that lane where we don't really have any other black women that are, you know, in that sort of position. So she's just a testament and an inspiration, honestly, I think. So she's very powerful to have up there. And then Kyle as well, he's right there with the times. You know, he's got his on the radio. He's in touch with what's happening and what the current trends are. And I think that's why, you know, I've gotten a lot of support from him, because he is in touch with the culture globally with music and you know, like you know, wrap and hip hop and R and B, and he gets it. So it's good to just have someone who just gets it so you don't have to kind of like explain yourself. It's like you just understand what you're doing and can see how that's going to play out on like the world stage and globally. So it's great to have him there and have your support as well.
Speaker 1: They all sort of represent different things as well, like you know, you're being given sort of some lessons, some guided lessons throughout what they've been able to offer you. There was a few times where they talked about people saying negative things online.
Speaker 6: I loved it as well. And guess what, I know a little bit about having haters. Yeah, yes, I do. You know what. I enjoyed that you you use that hate and you did a little rap about it. But this is what I was told years and years ago because I used to obsess over the haters. Why don't they love me? I can't understand it. I really couldn't understand it. They don't get me. Do they have been listen to even know what I do? And then I realized, Oh, they're just winkers at home that have got nothing better to do. Because I thought, who wouldn't have haters?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Who are three people that might not have haters? Jesus, Beyonce and Ronald McDonald. Guess what, there's multiple hate sites about all those three people. So you have to be a hated and loved to be anything that anyone even notices. Well, so take that and ride with it. You did an amazing dress.
Speaker 1: You know, to me, you don't really strike me as the sort of person that's going to read the comment section or let something like that bother you. But what is your relationship with Australian Idol being Like, considering that you do get people commenting, you do get people saying their opinions online, how did that affect your Idle journey?
Speaker 5: I think to comment, like, there's been so much overwhelming support, and I'll start there, like, I've been so grateful for the amount of people who have directly reached out, just supporting and encouraging me and being so happy to see something different on the idol stage. And teach who work with kids who don't necessarily resonate with idle and like the regular idle format, but the kids who would like resonated with Wrap and they're like, that's actually cool. I can get behind that. So that was really cool that I'm impacting people who aren't necessarily the demographic of Idle viewers. But then it's also very also disheartening to read some of those, especially on Facebook a lot of the comments, and there just seems to be this kind of underlying just with the older generation, of underlying kind of like slight racism and sexism that's there, and that's quite sad to see.
Speaker 1: And I think maybe that's also not your platform as well. Like Facebook's kind of like a weird place, right, been around for a long time, telling people that are left there are these weird boomers that are like right, right, and they don't represent the wider community. They're the minority. The minority is in Facebook now, and I would hope to believe the minority are the sorts of people that have a picture of a crow or a cat and jump online and have something to say about a young, beautiful artist like you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, definitely, And I think, you know, I've been guided into this space and I think, you know, me showing up in my full authenticity and not hiding myself and just being who I am, and you know, being put into these people's faces is also powerful because it needs to be known that, you know, Australia, we're a diverse community. And I mean, I'm second generation Australian, but we're a diverse community, and there's different voices that also need to be in these mainstream spaces. And you know, if I can be that person to inspire the kids that look like me who don't necessarily get to see that celebrated as much, I mean, that's just powerful in itself, and you know, being able to speak my truth on that world like for that idle stage is just really powerful. And I hope that it shifts the culture forward to towards more acceptance of diverse voices, more celebration of diverse talent as well, especially women, you know, just building each other up.
Speaker 1: I could imagine you going to schools and singing and performing. I honestly think you have a lot to offer young people in your learnings and your findings. I think there's something in that. I mean, yes, a music artist you know, would love to sell out arenas, but I genuinely think that there's something a little deeper than you that's also very inspiring. And your ability to use your voice and articulate yourself is quite amazing, and young people need that. Young people need to feel inspired and to see that they can do it.
Speaker 5: And I think there's been so many people and people have even interacted with in person, who have said, you know, that they've stopped pursuing their dreams because people like bullied them in high school and like they wanted to be a singer, and they post that then people would pick on them and say that they stuck, you know, and like really bully them, and that literally talked them out of them pursuing that as of air dream. And I think that that's really disheartening. But also it's important to have voices that amplify hey, follow your dreams despite no matter what other people think of that, and just stand in your power and stay true to yourself in whatever space that you want to pursue, no matter what that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. You know, when you are in a bottom two scenario and we sort of bottom falls scenario technically, but you're in a subsection of the bottom two, do you feel in that moment like you know what the outcome is going to be. That's what I always think.
Speaker 5: I didn't know how it was going to go. I think once I was up there with Jisella, I was like, okay, I know that. I mean the bottom two, Like it's like, you know, I was just like, girl, you are so undeniably going through and so undeniably talented. I mean the whole thing. I didn't think that that was how going to go.
Speaker 3: So it was a bit shocking for me to kind of process everything.
Speaker 5: But I think that it's gone how it was meant to go, And you know, I've done what I was meant to do on the show. You know, if I would guided to just come out there and you know, crack Top twelve, get to you know, write my own wrap and flip that negativity into positivity and inspire people. I think that's my job done well.
Speaker 1: I think that there's lots of spaces and places that you're going to find yourself in, you know, with an open heart and open mind and a brilliant singing voice, like I think, you know, it's up to you where you want to take this.
Speaker 5: Yes, one hundred percent. Now, there's definitely somewhere else that I'm being guided towards. So I'm going to continue on the journey and trust that path.
Speaker 1: Well before you go. The last thing I ask everyone is what is something from behind the scenes? And I was wondering for you behind the scenes question is how the hell do you manage to get a good pop song and put your own words into it? What is the process like in being able to work faster? These other artists are just singing a song that you know, some of them have been around for a very long time. Where you're remastering, which is very clever, you know, are you in that room longer with the coaches trying to work out how to do it.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely doing it by myself. I've been songwriting and producing and you know, rapping, singing, I play guitar, like, I've been an artist for a long time, so I'm like a very seasoned artist. So that was kind of effortless to me, Like I mean that, laughs up. I think I channeled down and wrote in like five or ten minutes. So it just comes down to that's just who I am as an artist, and I got to I'm grateful that I got to showcase a little bit of my artistry. I think that's also something that I was there to do was to change hearts in mind as opposed to.
Speaker 2: Win the show.
Speaker 5: It's more so, okay, let me showcase wing change for some halfs of minded people who are never going to see someone like me other than me being on the show for them, you know.
Speaker 1: And beyond of course, yeah, it's the there's something more. There's a higher power to you, I think, And I just want to say thank you for being so generous and unpacking your idle journey with me this morning, because I have really enjoyed watching you on the show, and I can't wait to see what you want to do with this. You know, I think that there's a lot of opportunity there for you. But but yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: It's such such a pleasure.
Speaker 2: It's been actually so beautiful to chat with you.
Speaker 5: It's been it really great, was really great, decent passion session.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I want. I'm like, But what a joy that I even am allowed to do this with you. I mean, I was last night on my couch screaming and yelling at Austrayan Idol and then now I'm talking to you today. It is quite amazing. It's quite amazing for me because I'm in your audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's so beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's been an absolute pleasure to chat with you.
Speaker 1: Ben Cheers by