Speaker 1: My Heart podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist, and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Good Pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 3: Baby your what our windows done?
Speaker 1: If my world reason the dust only good babs all down.
Speaker 4: I've done much, but yeah, I know I'll beg get and what I want.
Speaker 3: It don't matter.
Speaker 2: Where that does. This is the pickup.
Speaker 4: Bie.
Speaker 1: Guys, you're listening to the Pickup with Britt Hockey and Laura Burn.
Speaker 5: Britt, it's happening.
Speaker 6: I know you're having a baby.
Speaker 5: Laura, I'm having a baby.
Speaker 2: Everyone not right now. I'm I'm six weeks away. Now.
Speaker 5: I've been learning.
Speaker 4: I've been taking classes to deliver a baby in case you because where at worked for so long, In case it's an emergency, I've learned how to.
Speaker 6: Deliver a baby.
Speaker 2: I am actually sorry.
Speaker 6: We're just gonna pretend I didn't learn a new skill.
Speaker 5: No you haven't. It's a lie. Sorry, I've just steam roll because I was Hattie Bertha.
Speaker 6: First of all, you put your fingers in and sweep it.
Speaker 5: That's a stretch and sweep. Yeah, but that happens a few weeks before.
Speaker 6: Sure, it gets ready.
Speaker 5: If you want to try that out on me. We can do that at Alive on air Bro.
Speaker 6: Trust me, I know how to do it. I've got a kit here with towels, some forceps that I've brought some tongs from home.
Speaker 5: Just know this, your nails are way too long to do a stretch and sweep on it.
Speaker 6: I booked in next week. They're getting cut for.
Speaker 1: You, alm and shape, flat flat tops, slight top and sides, short black and sides. So what I was gonna say, guys, is so I'm I'm doing the show right up until whenever it is that I give birth, like I'm at the moment we.
Speaker 6: Are in case. That's why I've had to learn how I know.
Speaker 1: I am booked in to be on the pick up until I am forty weeks pregnant.
Speaker 5: But we're only.
Speaker 1: Six weeks off having the baby. We had not planned anything, and as of this weekend, my husband Matt has booked a like we needed some help because the baby's room is just full of stuff, like my peloton is in there, there's a couch in there, like it literally has just turned into this like storage room. This weekend is the weekend that we are kind of turning it into a half last nurse.
Speaker 6: But did you say you booked help?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Matt can't move the couch on his own.
Speaker 5: I can't move a couch.
Speaker 2: I can't move a peloton bike.
Speaker 5: So what help?
Speaker 2: Did your book?
Speaker 5: Air Taska?
Speaker 1: So and he's got to drive it because we have to take it away because we have.
Speaker 5: No more room for any stuff.
Speaker 6: Can you come to my house up?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 5: It's the jobs I like? Can I have your couch on your peloton? We are talking about your worst first.
Speaker 1: Date stories because we love a good week. Hey, we've had a few between us. But the reason why we're talking about this is because the other day I was scrolling Instagram. I was watching stories and Michelle Bridges, who we love, We adore Michelle. We had her on our podcast Laugh on Cut not so long ago, and she was talking about menopause, but she was also talking about getting back into the dating world and whether she was going to do it or not do it. Anyway, turns out she did it. She did it and it didn't go so well. So she got back into the dating world. And this is what she said on her on her stories that she rocked up for her very first date after five years.
Speaker 2: I know years in five.
Speaker 1: Years her first day and the man was a complete no show.
Speaker 2: She got totally ghosted and stood up.
Speaker 6: Makes me so angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it really does, because like it's so easy just to send a text saying you're not going, And for a woman who gets stood up, it's so much effort. Do your hair, do you make up, like, pick out your clothes. You don't just get dressed and rock up like it's preparation.
Speaker 4: But bless her, she said that there was this other younger guy in the like the bar or restaurant that she was at, that saw her by herself and ended up talking to her for hours, like spending hours with her.
Speaker 6: So she actually ended up meeting someone from.
Speaker 4: It, not someone to date, but like she's like, there was this guy that sort of made up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had a nice night.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, if you're out there and you're going through the throes of dating, we know it's a cesspool because we did it ourselves, so we thought we would. At firstly, if you've got a horror dating story, we want to hear it, give us a call. But also, Britt, you have some doozies in your time.
Speaker 6: No, mine's mind's a proper spectrum.
Speaker 4: Minds a spectrum of things I can't repeat on the three PM show.
Speaker 6: I know some of them are yeah, real bad, they're too.
Speaker 4: Bad, but like you know, I've written a book about but you can go and read that if you like.
Speaker 6: But I just remember, like they range. I remember this one guy picked me up for a date.
Speaker 4: And you know, you put in effort as a woman, you pick what you're gonna wear, You've done your hair, makeup. He picked me up and I was walking towards him down my driveway and he looked me up and down and said, are you gonna wear that?
Speaker 2: That was the first thing he said, yeah, So we hooked up. Obviously we went on the date.
Speaker 4: That was what he said, and I said, yeah, I was and he was sort of like, oh okay, And I was like.
Speaker 6: Is that a problem.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, not, But I was like, you're a jerk, but.
Speaker 2: I will still date you because you and slim.
Speaker 1: But also you know that your self esteem and your boundaries are on the floor when you still go on that date.
Speaker 2: Because you're like, I might as well.
Speaker 4: I had this other guy that I don't know if I'm bless his honesty, I was actually in London when I was living in London, and he asked me on this date where I had to go across the city on the train to a museum, which wasn't my kind of a date.
Speaker 6: He was forty five minutes late turn up to the date. He was so boring, and then he said, then he said, sorry, I've got to go. I actually have another date lined up.
Speaker 1: You're like, even you can care multiple days and I was like.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I was like, how are you my option?
Speaker 4: And You've got more dates to go to and I was like, good riddance, mate, I'm gonna get these dinosaurs on my own.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I mean, if this one makes anyone feel any better. I once went on a date with a guy and he was I thought. I just thought he was a dream. I matched with him. We had such good chemistry on text, and then we got to the restaurant. We're having dinner together and stuff, and we'd had some good banter and then I asked him a question about his like dating history, not its specifically, expecting him to go into anything of specifics, and he started talking about his ex and how he'd recently broken up, and then he started crying and then he said, I don't know if I'm that over my ex, and I was like, well, evidently not, pal, So thanks for the great night. I also had a guy take me to a bar and he talked for two hours only about tennis. And he didn't play tennis. He was just really into tennis. He spoke continueuously about tennis.
Speaker 6: Did he think you were a tennis player?
Speaker 8: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not a tennis person. I have not I don't really understand.
Speaker 5: I don't watch it. I'm not really into it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he spoke to me relentlessly about tennis and then he trying to open mouth kiss me, but came in with his tongue out. So he's like like a little get, like a little pointer. He just came at me with a tongue. It was the weirdest two hours of my life.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I did not take him home.
Speaker 6: Produce a gray. So you've you've had a I mean you got stood up at the inquiryum once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 7: That was four months into the relationship though, so not quite a first date, okay, but I definitely have a trove of stories.
Speaker 5: Also, one all do everyone does anyone who's ever dated. Anyone has a story.
Speaker 7: I remember I once went on a date with this guy called Kevin, I think his name.
Speaker 6: That's the problem there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was a great date.
Speaker 7: We were sitting in the car afterwards because he dropped me home and he kind of leant him for a kiss and then he just goes, he's silly banana, and I was like, I.
Speaker 5: Need to get out of this car immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this very silly banana must split.
Speaker 1: We are talking your worst first date stories, because well, I mean, everyone here has a real doozy, but everybody, if you're dating, everyone has terrible dating stories.
Speaker 4: The only thing that's never happened to me, to be honest, is being stood up.
Speaker 6: But half the dates I was on I wish they stood me up. I was like, why did you come?
Speaker 5: I was like why.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have some that you can't tell online radio because they're so bad and they're also just.
Speaker 6: A bit X rated. Maybe, Oh, do you know what I can.
Speaker 2: Just have embarrassing once.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you one thing, because I know we got the calls going off here.
Speaker 6: But one I remember I went on this date with.
Speaker 4: This guy and he must have said it was like he must have thought it was a flex. And I remember at dinner and he was like, so, just so you know, I've been with.
Speaker 6: Four hundred people.
Speaker 2: Oh I've dated that guy as well.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I think I was one of the four hundred.
Speaker 1: I absolutely went on a date with a guy who was like, uh, I've slipped this many people.
Speaker 2: And it was like the first thing he said.
Speaker 6: I was like, nothing to turn me off.
Speaker 2: Quicker, but it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 5: The number doesn't bother me.
Speaker 2: It was the flex. It was the weirdness that he felt the need to tell me.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's sad that they're like trying to say it's like their experience.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they're thinking.
Speaker 2: To be honest, well, it's not going to be.
Speaker 6: Falling into a whiter buddy.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you. All right, we've got Emma on the line. Emma or it was your horror first date story?
Speaker 8: My first date story is I had a guy take me through Maca's drive through and we got there and he didn't even ask why I wanted. He just ordered me a bunch of yellow tulips and as we drove on through, they handed them through the drive through windows.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So he'd pre planned this, he'd organized I sort of thing.
Speaker 5: That's cute. Aware it's weird.
Speaker 4: It's weird because of the first date, but he pre planned that.
Speaker 1: He liked you and Emma, were you just like all I wanted was a burger.
Speaker 8: God. Well, he told me we were going somewhere ie. So when we started going through the drive through, I was thinking, hang one, I did it. Totally did And you know what, we're married now?
Speaker 4: Did you hook on?
Speaker 2: But you walked it down?
Speaker 8: We love it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's very huge.
Speaker 6: Rachel, what was your horror first date story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, guy picked me up for a first date and I didn't realize because it was dark, but he had a taxidermy pig trotter gearstick in his car.
Speaker 6: So disgusting.
Speaker 5: What did you ask?
Speaker 3: I didn't notice it at first because it was dark, and then as we were getting out of the carb and the lights came on, I saw this hairy thing in between us, and yeah, he said that he hunted this pig and had the trotter made into a gear stick.
Speaker 2: Wow. Do you know what though?
Speaker 1: I feel like all of this stuff is it's like a self fulfilling prophecy. You're like, oh, this date was terrible, and now I also know why you're single. So this has worked out great for both of us, and maybe you should have said this.
Speaker 3: Look, it was one of many and now I'm a single mum.
Speaker 8: By choice, So good for you, Rachel.
Speaker 3: He did dad, non save child. I gave up with men after that.
Speaker 6: Fair I would too, Rachel.
Speaker 5: I get it. I get it. You can blame the pigtrotic guy.
Speaker 1: That's it's all his fault.
Speaker 3: And he wanted me to touch it as well if any wanted to touch it.
Speaker 5: I want to know what he wanted you to.
Speaker 2: Thank you love, Thanks Rachel.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, though, it's really kind of there's something really unifying about it because we've all got the stories. What about the woman who we had on our podcast recently he went on a date with a wizard.
Speaker 2: She's like, so, what do you do?
Speaker 5: He's like, I'm a wizard. She's like, no, what you do?
Speaker 6: And he said, no, I'm a wizard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 1: He said he was from a long line of wizards and it was part of his ancestor. Imagine doing your DNA ancestry dot com finding out you're with it.
Speaker 2: I love that. Go to Hogwarts.
Speaker 5: It's Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Everyone.
Speaker 1: In case you didn't, please don't see Please don't ever do that again.
Speaker 5: Do you know what it's time for? And I could not be.
Speaker 1: More thrilled because this is a break that I have been, i would say, for years, trying to get it to come back and be a staple of the show and.
Speaker 6: Finally graduated so dramatic.
Speaker 1: The boss has heard the Elite radio that went down the other week and they were like, yeah, right, Laura, have your breaking and it's time for this shelter. Fine Friday, everyone, It's fun fact Friday.
Speaker 4: Britt.
Speaker 1: I'm going to read out a few facts to you, because you know, every day's school day here at the pickup and Britt, you're gonna have to try and tell me if you either know the fact or I don't know because half of these I was like, these are amazing.
Speaker 4: I love facts, but I love to give them to people. I'm the person you don't want in your team at trivia.
Speaker 1: Same But this is also why it's nice because then you can go into your weekend, go to the pub with your mates and be like, hey, did you know this? Like today producer Grace said, did you know that Australia is whiter than the moon?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 5: Bring that one out when you're having a beer with your bestie.
Speaker 4: I like yesterday Laura learned that it's not, in fact pronounced gom.
Speaker 6: That was That was a fun fact.
Speaker 1: It's gammutt in case you've also been reading your whole life?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right? Fact number one off the top.
Speaker 1: Where did the saying raizor toast come from?
Speaker 5: I've never heard of that say raised toast?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I thought you said razor toast like raisin toast, delicious.
Speaker 6: Raise a toast.
Speaker 4: I think that came from a castle in Scotland in seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: No, Unfortunately, it came from the ancient Romans who used to drop a piece of toast into their wine for good health. That's why you would literally raise a piece of toast. Okay, all right. Why does a chef's hat have one hundred pleats?
Speaker 5: I didn't know it had a hundred places.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that could have been how many points as a chef?
Speaker 6: Why's have one hundred?
Speaker 5: Why does a chef's hat have a hundred plat?
Speaker 4: Because they have to do one hundred hours to be trained in it chopping your onngue in.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: No, it's meant to represent the one hundred ways that you can cook an egg. There's one hundred weeks, and I thought it just scrambled, fry or boil.
Speaker 6: Sorry, there, coach, there are three in that fact. There you go, I've got one for you.
Speaker 5: Hit me.
Speaker 2: Wow, how the tables have turned determsive table?
Speaker 6: How many noses does a slug have?
Speaker 2: It's give me a true question.
Speaker 5: None four? Oh good? Okay.
Speaker 1: The actors who voiced Mickey and Mini Mouse, what relationship did they have.
Speaker 2: On the outside of being cartoons?
Speaker 6: THO a terrible question and a terrible segment. It's brother and sister.
Speaker 1: They weren't as colleagues. They were they were married. They loved each other. There you go, Mickey and Mini Mouse, we're actually in Caresky and a Mini Mouse were in a real.
Speaker 2: Life relationship with each other.
Speaker 5: I care about love.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone cares.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you call the blob of toothpaste on a toothbrush? Toothpaste?
Speaker 5: No? When you when the toothpaste comes out?
Speaker 6: I want to play this anymore.
Speaker 4: I think I'm getting dumber to be honest, but I don't think I've wont one thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, this one.
Speaker 1: Is really really something you will learn because I don't think anyone knows this. The blob of toothpaste on a toothbrush is called a nerdle.
Speaker 6: Why is it not toothpaste? It's still toothpaste.
Speaker 5: No, it turns into a nerdle as soon as it's on the bristles. It's a nerdle.
Speaker 6: You're literally the worst.
Speaker 1: Hey, honey, could you just put a nerdle on my brush?
Speaker 8: Overs?
Speaker 6: No, hang on one more.
Speaker 4: I just googled a fact, but it's so bad. Did you know you can't see your ears without a mirror?
Speaker 7: Obviously?
Speaker 6: Who wrote that?
Speaker 3: Face?
Speaker 2: Also comes see my butt without a mirror.
Speaker 6: You can't turn around.
Speaker 2: You can go underneath between your legs. I'm not that flexible.
Speaker 5: I've a belly in the middle. Anyway. Have a great weekend, everyone,