Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: I'm going to see Rayah twelve noon on Monday.
Speaker 4: Dance with me, not dance for me.
Speaker 5: You don't ride with Dennis, he writes you.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three soh one one and.
Speaker 5: Forty one Christian O'Connell's Show. Good morning, Patsy, Morning morning, and can I just say happy show birthday to both of you. This show is six years old today. Did you actually think at the time when we all started working together, and we obviously had never worked before, and I'd actually never lived in Australia before. Everything was new, new, new for me and my family. But did you actually think it would work and it would go for a while? You can be honest.
Speaker 4: I was more confident at the very start, so six years ago today, when we did the first show, I was confident that we can make something great. There's a few weeks in, as we say, had to get the feedback, yeah, and I thought, oh, this isn't going to last very yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you didn't actually see the feedback. I saw the feedback. Feedback, Patsy, what do you think?
Speaker 3: What did I think I didn't think we go this long? No, I didn't.
Speaker 5: Love did to have that confidence? No?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 5: One so lucky to well. Actually Jack said he was confidence. You're saying you didn't think it was well?
Speaker 3: He said, at the start he was confident. And then when the feedback came back, which was quite vitriolic, wasn't it at the start what you had to weather?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was bad, and we didn't realize how bad it was because he didn't share that with us.
Speaker 5: But it was mainly from you. I think that's why actually made it harder. Was like, I know, it's it's actually only from her, all those IP addresses. Yeah, it was all it was all from Patsy. And then how do you feel now six years late? Do you think it's gone quickly? Because my life has gone very quickly and because other stuff's been going. And I was just telling Jack it is Lowess, our youngest daughter. It's her formal this Friday, and then we put our date in the diary for September October for her graduation, and it's like that's the last kid. Yeah, in a school system, she'd go to university hopefully, but it's still like twenty years is not so.
Speaker 4: And when you first came here and I first met your family, she was a twelve year old d Yes, she.
Speaker 5: Was Audrey's age in November.
Speaker 3: That's what I look at. I remember that launch night at the pub we had and the three girls were sitting on the couch and Audrey was much much younger. But I look at the distance of time that your girls have grown up.
Speaker 5: Honestly, that's what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's Audrey and that amount of time, like she'll be flying the coop. It's like, wow, it's just too fast.
Speaker 4: Six years is all of high school pretty much so last week started high school. When she first got here, yeah, high school felt like it went on forever. But the last six years, the three of us together felt like it's a blinker.
Speaker 5: Well you think about how your your lives are so different, your lives, especially yours. Jack. I mean, you'll now a dad and.
Speaker 4: I'm taking the Gordy on the weekend. It took him to the kinder open day and already watched him walk around. It feels like he just got to the world. Yes, and now he's walking around stuff in kindergarten and a school. It is going way too fast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the last Sarah, my wife, were talking last night when we were like and she was like, isn't the show six years tomorrow? I was like, yeah, has it got It's gone so quickly, it's gone on the blink of an eye. It feels at times it feels like it has been a long time living here. Often people say to me when they find out it's only been six years, like people have been listening to the show for a while. They're going, my god, it feels like you've been here longer. Now, six years isn't that long a time? But it also is in other areas. It's both.
Speaker 4: I wonder if people listening to the show do feel like it's been a long time, because I still feel like we're new, like we're the new Breakfast show, but we're not.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think about, like say, other radio shows, even though we're up against I mean, how long has Fifi been on Breakfast Radio? Years?
Speaker 4: Years? Yeah, ten years plus?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then Carl and Jackie, Oh, how old is that shows? Twenty over twenty? Yes, six years was still like the new kids on the block, the old new kids on the block. They don't really say new new kids on the way. But anyway, thank you very much showing where you just started listening to show, whether it's the last couple of months or the last couple of years, or you were here in the early days, even when I know a lot of you were listening with your arms crossed and following going he's not from here, he doesn't sound like us, he's not from around here. Who the hell invited him onto our radios? Thank you very much for being a big part of the show every single day. The great joy about doing this is making a show with you guys. So yeah, thank you very much. I'll tell you what I really feel today, nothing but gratitude. My wife and I and our kids. Lies would be so different and actually poor if we hadn't actually taken a leap to move here. So I'm loving still doing the show after six years. I hope we're together for another couple of years. Not loads more years, but just another couple of years. It's but a little thing. It's like a phone contract. You should be able to upgrade or you know, maybe get a newer model after a couple of years.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Twstian O'Connell's Show to Patsy, did you go and get your glasses over the weekend?
Speaker 3: I went yesterday, went and saw my man Ray at the Station Place Medical Center. He is an solute gun. Could not have been more helpful. And I got not one, but five pairs of glasses. Oh wow, all of my haunts.
Speaker 5: I mean, so I don't that's right. He called in last week when you were yet again I'm going on about losing your glasses. And he's an optometrist I think does he own a couple of He's.
Speaker 3: Got quite a few right across Melbourne actually, and he is brilliant. So not only my appointment was at twelve, not only was I fitted and I tested at twelve, he delivered my glasses at four o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 5: Well the rest of us have to wait like a week for that text spaces and.
Speaker 3: The gun, he said, because I don't trust you not to lose the only pair you have left.
Speaker 5: What great service I know.
Speaker 3: He was fantastic. I'll tell you if you need glasses, go see Ray.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'll tell you what any of ournsers I don't reckon Rays drive the afternoon, you know. Doris and Craigie Bone goes you have these with their bloody ready. Mate, I can get express for you, but no, I doubt Ray would do that. But how lovely of you to accept his offer and also to take five pairs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think you.
Speaker 5: Heard of that poo put the hand in the old cookie jar. Hey, Ray, see the glasses. Why don't you pack them all up and bring them round up?
Speaker 3: One pick? Excuse me, excuse me? I picked one pier and he goes, no, get some more? And I say, oh, no, one's final. He said no, I don't trust you not to lose it.
Speaker 5: One doesn't even get a mention on the show. Ray. That's bullshit, Ray, I don't plug anything for five or less.
Speaker 4: And that's five. This month, we'll be.
Speaker 5: Hearing a lot more about Ray's amazing service five more times this week. I promise you.
Speaker 4: Let's beak four o'clock time, should we?
Speaker 5: Ray? I'm guessing when's your Thursday. There's some eyeglass news in the news. Stop raise a spokesperson from the Victoria Association of Optometrists.
Speaker 3: I picked out one pier and he said I think you need more and I said, no, really one?
Speaker 5: I think when you Ray?
Speaker 3: And he said, get five? I don't trust you not to lose him. You need a pay for which so.
Speaker 5: It's Ray to doing this diner at the moment then so because I'll go along. So it's buy one and get five three.
Speaker 3: I think he does like three for ninety nine bucks. It's insane.
Speaker 5: It's so cheap, isn't it.
Speaker 4: But you bought you bought one and then you've got some more free.
Speaker 5: When didn't you, sweet boy? Not a cent was given a Ray. I actually didn't offer to give him like ten bucks or starting to pay for his fuel to come round.
Speaker 3: He did like his bin stickers.
Speaker 5: Seed your family with this Raychuck this into your little pocket, get out of here, drop the glass, help and go Ray, you ain't coming in.
Speaker 2: Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. How's your day Yesterday? How's Monday? You're winning or losing your Monday? Winner or loser? Let us know. You could text us oh four seven five three one oh four three Jack, how was your day yesterday? After the show?
Speaker 4: We did together big win yesterday after the show. Despite the lack of support I feel in this room and at this radio station, please that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't want to be groomed. Why do we get a bloody radio show and getting a show biz.
Speaker 4: He sits in the studio with us. I know that he sees his name in lights one day, so I thought I'll give him an opportunity bring him dad.
Speaker 5: He's read the subject. It does help.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, I'll bring him off the bench and have him in one of my Instagram videos.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Harley Reed.
Speaker 4: I know he's been doing dance lessons every Tuesday night, So I said, hey, come and dance with me in the video at the golf course. We'll where golf attire and we'll dance along.
Speaker 5: You just need to wait a moment to let the people listening catch up what you just said. You've said this episode every day offer you say to your work mate, come and dance for me in a video making so just you understand, Jack is obviously in a position of kind of power over Rio. He's encouraging him to dance on for him.
Speaker 4: I'm inviting him, okay, yeah, pushing him. He's got nothing if this is extracurricular in your own time. If you want to dance with me, I know you like dancing. Wouldn't we have fun? He snigging he said no.
Speaker 5: So this was a sketch on a golf course where if I remember, the original idea is the golf clubs are like dancing canes, like friends Stan.
Speaker 4: That's it, yeah, exactly, and there would be four of us dancing in unison with golf clubs. It'll look great.
Speaker 5: Now, how did you get permission of the golf course to actually start doing a dance sort of video there?
Speaker 4: My wife emailed local golf clubs and.
Speaker 5: Stop it until that. Did you ask you? Why did she volunteer?
Speaker 4: I asked her if she would that, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Are the master.
Speaker 4: Jack Post's wife, so she emailed a lot ofly Guy Glenn at Bundura golf course where we filmed yesday. The only problem, I would say when we got there was I didn't think Glenn would come around with us. I thought he would just give us the keys to the golf cart and say, all right, you can go and film somewhere on the golf.
Speaker 5: So taking Rio's place was Armine Glenn?
Speaker 4: No, but Glenn said, oh, well, I want to come and see what you're doing because you didn't really explain what you're doing. So while we're dancing out of the corner, by eye, I can see Glenn.
Speaker 5: My god, please Jack, I'm looking forward to seeing the final video. Right. Jack's Instagram videos are great, honestly that he works sweaty hardly, so they're very good. Have a look at them. I want the video. I want to see it's off Ke Glenn Caddy Shat's Bill Mary, Bill Murray coach are in caddyshat.
Speaker 4: The other thing. As we're on the golf cuts down there, he told us that he just worked in the AFL for thirty years and now works at the golf club. He was at North Melbourne, he was at Champion Data. So he's a big footy player type and so what having Glenn watch we're.
Speaker 5: A generous description. Now we've all got the frame. Now haven't we have big tight footy player.
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: As you never witness a crime, what are you look like? Wow?
Speaker 3: It wasn't Glenn Archer.
Speaker 4: Was it wasn't Glen Archer. No, he didn't play footy, but he worked in footy. It was just difficult to do one and two and spin.
Speaker 5: The cane and what's salt mate to it? She just sat and is like he's.
Speaker 4: Just saving his golf club watching us. Probably regretting that he let us have half an hour on the golf Boss.
Speaker 5: And did you still do it?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's rod is ready and I can't wait to show you. And what a shame Rio is going to see that come out and think that.
Speaker 5: Could have been. So basically, you're a Monday loser.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. I am one d Per Monday loser. Yesterday. Rejection is a hard thing, especially when it's from my close friend. So I need to take you back to the D's games Sunday afternoon because it's related to onemer Monday loser. Terrible game, terrible game, lose it by almost one hundred points of these there to Freeman, just an ardly game. And I was wearing cans for the weekend with my wife and the Saturday afternoon, my wife just wanted to chill out as I was sunny up there, and I said, there's an RSL just down the road from his hotel. Do you mind if I go and watch the D's game. I thought it'd be an easy win. I left at halftime. It's literally is terrible. Anyway, before the game, I was getting excited because me and one of my close friends were going to the big game against the Pies Monday, the kid's birthday game. Right That friend messaged me yesterday. They must have waited a couple of hours. Hey, I can't wake it, and I know they're not working, and I know it's because he probably had a little He's not a D's fam he's a Carton fan, but he probably had look at that game when no, no, I'm not coming to this. So now I've actually got no one to go to the game with, and it literally it broke me. Yes, it's bad enough. The game was so bad. I looked at the ladder. Yes, they were tenth. The Bombers are in second place. Everything's bad.
Speaker 4: I'm just about to say, I think you guys are still in contention. But tenth chat which happened? Did happen? I actually thought my apple was glitching on Sunday when I was refreshing the scores, I was like, why isn't it refreshing? Melbourne score as well as free.
Speaker 5: Now almost one hundred points. It's just so bad. It looked like a sort of warm up game. They were playing at the Oval and a couple of them go, yeah, we need a couple of extra players. There's nothing big, there's no stakes here. It was so bad that actually reminds me of even the commentators. You know, they're always trying to be positive, don't they, and they go there's still a lot of good performance here. Kingy was just like getting bitchy and arsenal and these in the commentators that actually is angry. Former players were actually just angry with the d's why would you this is your job. You were one day week, all right, turn up care. They're more like confused, like one of me went, I didn't even know what Simon West, Simon the coach even begins Monday. They were just like confused and baffled. Anyway, there was There's a famous football game called the Battle of Santiago some of the sixties, and why this clip is well known, it's because the BBC commentators. BBC are the envy of journalists all around the world for their impartiality. However, the Battle of Santiago was so bad as a World Cup game in nineteen sixty two between in Santiago in Italy and the players were sent off and it was so bad the fighting on the pitch. One player got his jaw broken, another one got their nose broken. The players were refusing to be sent off. Police had to come on the pitch to physically drag players off the pitch. It was so bad. The BBC, introducing the commentator David Carmen, introduced the game, saying this the in game you're about. The scene is the most stupid, appalling, disgusting and disgraceful exhibition of football, possibly in the history of the game. That is how I feel about Sunday's performance DS.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's Show. Someone is pretending to be the one and only Jack Post.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm going crazy. I think my voice has been stolen using AI and is being used on a betting sports betting account on TikTok.
Speaker 5: I mean, perhaps this is serious. It's uncanny how much this sounds like you. So this is not you.
Speaker 4: What I've never and will never do a sports betting or gambling and but this has been sent to me a few times from people on as a TikTok account. I don't even want to say the name of what the business is this our.
Speaker 5: Disgustedy is I would be too though.
Speaker 3: See this is the problem with AI.
Speaker 4: And it's got footage of AFL games and it's got this voice over the top of it.
Speaker 7: Boys, here's our exclusive multi for tonight's game with the Pies against the Dogs. A lot of outs for both teams, which means the experienced players should get their hands on the ball to take control of the game. Our legs for tonight's multi, Nick Daekos for twenty five disposals, Josh Daykos for twenty three law to grab another twenty five disposals, and Noble to get a solid fifteen touches of the footy. Make sure to DM on Instagram to get all the exclusive plays for the.
Speaker 3: Round that is that's jack post.
Speaker 5: I thought so first, and I heard it again that I realize it's too good to read of the script. Wait, it's too good. Actually it's too.
Speaker 4: Good, mumbling and tripping out. It feels very I feel very weird about it because actually.
Speaker 5: It's your what they call it intellectual property. Your voice is like your face. It's like if celebrities start getting used endorsing products that they are not endorsing, and then.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know who to go to do. I call the police for sure, don't do that. Who do I call?
Speaker 5: What is what's happened? How intellectual property rights? To an officer? I would never do a gambling campaign. You might have seen me doing the Humble money, but that's not gambling. You're gambling on streaming choice.
Speaker 3: You do need legal advice, Sandra Scully or Sully newsreader.
Speaker 5: Sorry, and that's how you know. It's always that one letter.
Speaker 3: She's had a similar situation lately as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she hasn't really quit running for the mayor.
Speaker 3: But it's I would feel violated as well. It's not on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Biank said that Scarlet your Hands and also had to take legal advice against chat GPT because they made an AI voice that sounds exactly like Scarlet your Hands.
Speaker 5: For gambligand not for again the guy bet fan.
Speaker 4: But I asked bank, it's like, well who did she go to? Should I go to the same laoioo.
Speaker 5: In Australia influencer? Apparently I'll be put straight through. Yeah, if he looks after Scarlet your Hands, I mean the ey warning amounts of money must be exactly the same for chat poicks. But what are you going to do?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know what to do because.
Speaker 5: It is habit a simplicit. Again, because I've listened to it a couple times. It's crazy, So this sounds exactly like you boys.
Speaker 7: Here's our exclusive multi for tonight's game with the Pies against the Dogs. A lot of outs for both teams, which means the experienced players should get their hands on the ball to take control of the game. Our legs for tonight's multi, Nick Daekos for twenty five disposals, Josh Daykos for twenty three Law to grab another twenty five disposals, and Noble to get a solid fifteen touches of footy. Make sure to dm on Instagram to get all the exclusive plays for the round.
Speaker 5: You have a very distinctive voice. Everybody else but yours is very distinctive.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: It's likely a compliment.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at it and.
Speaker 5: We can internalize information coming in so many different ways.
Speaker 3: It's defamed you as well because they've mispronounced for Law.
Speaker 4: I would never call him tree Law.
Speaker 5: Now it sounded like our sports news.
Speaker 3: You know what you need, Like the big law firm, who's the big one slater in Gordon? They will ask the on buttsman, I'll tell you you need like a big firm.
Speaker 5: Pantsy's right, you need to take legal action because.
Speaker 3: It does his identity living.
Speaker 5: What they call it a cease and desist.
Speaker 4: How much do you think I can ask for in damages?
Speaker 5: Thousands?
Speaker 3: Millions?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show. Thank you very much to Mike. Dax Is just emailed saying Jack actually can report to the police. There is a dedicated units that deal with cybercrimes. This is a cyber crime that's happened to you. They sent me a link. I'll it on you. Wow, we this is gonna be got. You're acting together and I was just like, what's going on right now? There's the AI here? Oh my goly gosh. The standest thing happened to me.
Speaker 4: Isn't that serious? When the police are involved?
Speaker 5: Nothing more serious?
Speaker 3: And it is serious.
Speaker 5: You don't call them up with a lot you certainly don't you call us on nine four one four one four three. Okay, oh scratch right, all right, three Tuesday lines are opening now nine four one four one oh four three. We do this every Tuesday, not one, not two, but three ways to call the show and share your stories. As always, whenever we hear a great story in the show, we reward that by giving you an instant one thousand dollars for our call the week, so it could go till the next hour on the show nine four one four one four three. First up today, then we're looking for your hiding stories. Rio.
Speaker 8: The West Coast Eagles are playing their home game at off the Stadium over the weekend, and before they game, they have this tradition where they've got this eagle, Ossie the Eagle.
Speaker 4: He's been around for a while.
Speaker 5: AU double z.
Speaker 8: I e oh, that's so clever, yeah, classy, And he does this thing where he flies from the top of the stadium.
Speaker 4: Down to the other handler in the.
Speaker 8: Middle of the ground and he lands and then afterwards the game starts.
Speaker 5: And that's how he used to went to tend the grounds over there, you know a bit basically a bird.
Speaker 4: Displayer, a bird flying once.
Speaker 5: I'm knocking as a D's fan, maybe we might need that monthly.
Speaker 8: But for the first time ever, Ozzie went rogue and instead of flying from the top of the stadium just down to his heights.
Speaker 5: New tricks. He's got some new material.
Speaker 8: He just started flying around the stadium like going rogue, like dive bombing.
Speaker 5: And the green people the ground and get it. If he's to think, do you know what, screw this crap life? Maybe he's been listening to some podcasts or something about self actualization and really find and some on that enery.
Speaker 4: You're more than just one trick.
Speaker 5: I'll show them some bloody chaos.
Speaker 8: So the ground announcer then had to make an announcement over the stadium like Pa saying, please please hired duck for cover.
Speaker 5: To do in a big stadium night, that what are you gonna fight?
Speaker 4: Has really sharp talent.
Speaker 8: You must get out of the way.
Speaker 5: So what are they trying to do to get Aussie back?
Speaker 8: He just eventually, I don't know what you can do because.
Speaker 5: You're trying to negotiate with him a paint rise or we're getting some friends, we can talk those talents.
Speaker 8: He did eventually fairly after like ten minutes of just everyone just by people.
Speaker 5: People, He eventually just returned to the club. Should you use this new kind of oss where if he dive bombs you, you win a prize and the proof The proof is you've got scratches of his box, the golden scratch, have a little tennis jab and you're all fine, he win a cash price easy? Is that all right? So hiding stories nine four one four one o four three. We're also looking for your stories about sometimes you know, we go and pick thing up and you can't, or he might even hire a thing and there's a it's you're trying to work out can you put it on the roof? Is it legal to drive with the boot open? Or a windows open on the side, windows and some ofthing's pointing through the side. How did you move it? What did you see over the weekend? Jack?
Speaker 4: I saw somebody driving a flat screen TV strapped to the roof of the car.
Speaker 5: No box, Oh my god, it's a sudden break and that TV is going forward and.
Speaker 4: They weren't even lying at flat so it's standing up.
Speaker 5: Oh what do you mean the jumbo tron like we could watch something. It's like those moving ad.
Speaker 4: Boards standing up in the straps were making a triangle over the top of it.
Speaker 5: It's so distracting as well. They didn't go under that.
Speaker 4: What did you straight TV?
Speaker 5: So your stories? How did you move it? On nine four one four one four three, And this radio show is six years old today. It started June the fourth, six years ago, and so today we want to know what does the number six mean to you? Sorry, I get emotional? What does the number six mean to you? Nine four four one o four three? All right, that's us this morning till next out then hiding stories, how did you move it? And the number six? What is it for you?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. This month born in the USA, Springsteen's breakthrough album turns forty years old. Unbelievable. We've got a limited edition vinyl celebrating that is a beautiful reassure they put together. You can win it this morning actually and beat the boss right now. They're not one, not two, but three ways for you to join the show as always. Nine four one four one oh four three is a number to take part in the show today. We're looking for your stories about hiding, any hiding stories, how did you move it? And the show's show anniversary today six years, six years and women know what does the number six mean to you? Nine four four one four three. Patsy tell us you'll still about the number.
Speaker 3: Six, only very recently. It's quite embarrassing. I'm going to out my husband again. Chris and his brothers are avid lovers. Yum Cha. I love a yum chart anyway. One of his brothers traveled four hours from interstate so they could go out for lunch a couple of saturdays ago and they did a Yum Char crawl. So they hit six Young Char restaurants across Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I'm starting to feel sick. I love yum Char, but too much of anything is about a thing.
Speaker 3: You you're a game person if you go for Youmchar lunch with the Newman.
Speaker 5: Boys, demolsha, isn't it all?
Speaker 4: You can eat? Vibe anyway?
Speaker 3: No, no, but they come around on the trolleys. You get all the beautiful dumb planes and chicken feet and all those lovely delicacies. And they had a day four hours across six restaurants from Sunshine.
Speaker 5: We've all been on pub cruls, but a young child cruel.
Speaker 3: That's so much young charge to a Chinatown. Then they went down to South Yarra and then ended up at Springvale.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, yeah, Springvale, that's quite a bit of a distance. You need some time to start the digestion process.
Speaker 3: In between going to each restaurant, it gave the stomach time to settle, so then they.
Speaker 5: Were but no increase. There's probably bears involved as well.
Speaker 3: No, there wasn't athletes, No, because it was all about.
Speaker 5: On the price.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 5: That's so much, young Chi. You would get food sweats.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, totally had the meat sweats when they got back.
Speaker 5: Nine four one O four three? What is the number six to you? How did you move it? And hiding stories, let's go to Scott. Welcome to the show, Scottie.
Speaker 9: He made How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? So how did you move it? Scott? What's your story for us? I was an inmate that many years ago.
Speaker 9: I was in Brisbane going across the story bridge.
Speaker 10: And turned around to notice four large gentlemen, each with an arm out the window holding down double mattress on top of the car.
Speaker 5: Wow, wow, that's still my folk want to see? Is the is the arm of the Sometimes you see it someone's driving. You don't see so much these days. When I was a kid, used to see a lot of that of a dad, which is still arm. Sometimes it's a dart in his mouth as well. Just hat very casually. Even it's a finger on the wheel, still will and then another big old palm on holding a mattress down.
Speaker 4: But usually the arm was accompanying the straps. Was this no straps and just arms, Scott.
Speaker 11: No straps made, just four mappive arms.
Speaker 5: That sounds like a great name for removal company. Two guys, four massive arms, Scott. That's a great spot. Thank you very much. You cool. Thanks Paul, Good morning, Good morning. Okay, you've got moving story as well. I have, Yeah, going back to it.
Speaker 10: Nineteen eighty seven or thereabouts, I was landscaping my first home and I was split leveling the backyard and I wanted one large railway sleeper, so I sourced the spot in Thomastown. I drove out there in my little Toyota Corolla with a friend of mine with borrowed roof racks and picked one out of the pile and they used the crane. He looked at me and he said, you want me to put it on there? And I said yet, He said right. He lowered it down to the middle and it nearly touched the roof. I said, no, move it right to the edge, thinking it's the strongest spot. It's still bent the bars, but it stayed off the roof. We tied it down and I drove at fifteen kilometers an hour and forty five degree angle all the way back to Weston.
Speaker 5: Oh my wo different time, Paul, What a great story, Paul, thanks for sharing. Mate. Have a good day, no worries, cheers. So good morning, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Christian and Tea.
Speaker 6: I've been listening since the beginning, by the way and the anniversary. My story is a hiding story. And yeah, my dad was a huge high fiber built speakers that were bigger than myself and my sister when we were little, little tights and when we didn't like food we had to eat mostly broad beans, I'll add, we would hide the leftover food in the vents at the bottom of the speaker.
Speaker 5: There are big gaps and holes the yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you make your own, and they were massive speakers, and we did that probably at least twelve to eighteen months at least, and at the time my mum couldn't work out where we were, giving so many mice in the house. And it was only when something went wrong with the speakers and Dad had to open them up and move them.
Speaker 5: A market garden here at.
Speaker 6: Bits and pieces, particularly of broad Kane falling out at the bottom of this tea. I don't know if there was a mountains in the bottom of the speakers. I was never told that, but I do know that we got the round of the kitchen a bit after that.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's a great story. So that is a classic. Thank you very much. She give us a call to nolays love to show. Thanksank you very much. All right, keep this coming. This is great. You're hiding stories. How did you move it? And what does the number six mean to you? Well?
Speaker 2: Christian Connall's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, What does the number six mean to you? How did you move it? And hiding? Those are the three ways looking for your stories today on nine four one four one oh four three Morning Kathy, Good morning. Now, Kathy, you've got a story about hang to move something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So, when I was very little, my mum had a huge, big container that wouldn't fit.
Speaker 11: Across the backstage.
Speaker 13: So she had the door open a little bit and as we were driving, I had to hold the container and hang out the car door and hold that so it didn't fall out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you used to see this a lot. You know, kids, Mump, listen right now, going that wouldn't happen. No, it shouldn't happen now. But in the eighties and nineties, when I guess this was quite a few years.
Speaker 13: Ago, Kathy, a forty five years ago.
Speaker 5: This stuff happened a lot. You wouldn't even think it was unusual. It was neglecting the home. In the cars for safety of children, lean out the car and hold.
Speaker 4: This, but they go. We got that big container.
Speaker 13: Guy today damaged.
Speaker 5: Yes, Kathy, thank you very much your story. Have a good day, these things you do. Chris Coodring, Welcome to the show, Chris.
Speaker 9: Morning, Christian, Jack and pet a moving story.
Speaker 5: Thank you, and what is your moving story for us? Chris.
Speaker 9: We were moving probably about three blocks down the road, moving house, so we put the fridge on. We didn't bother in peanut had all the food and everything still in it, so we just we just put it on the trailer. Anyway, got two mates to hold the fridge while we were just driving down the raids. So we got about halfway down and the two guys decide to open the fridge up and have a beer while we're moving.
Speaker 5: Down. Yeah, Chris, thank you very much, your story mate. Have a good day.
Speaker 9: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. So six years ago today, June and fourth, twenty eighteen, Me, Jack and Pass began a radio show together. Today we want to know what does the number six mean to you? On our show anniversary, our show Day, everyone who comes on air with a creative reason why number six means something to them gets one of our brand new ready for winter beanies Stylish Warm available now nine four one trouble with the third one?
Speaker 4: There we need now winter started. You don't want to next next three month?
Speaker 5: Just double down a winter your three nine four one four one O four three. Why is number six significant to me? Number six of my favorite takeaway menu, swad of Bentley, number six, other Somosa Delights, number six player for the D's Caleb Windsor promising new talent. That's a good one, Jackie moy the number six, why is it significant to you?
Speaker 4: You wouldn't know this, but while I was working on Haim, She and Andy on my very early days at Fox f M, I was also given the opportunity to try out as a music DJ and the show, the show I was on was called six on the Beach where I had to pretend where I had to pretend I was on a different beach of Melbourne each night, bringing you the six one.
Speaker 5: Of so many, so many significant beaches of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Bringing you the six hotter songs. And I only lasted two weeks.
Speaker 5: Wait, well we and we know your acting is powerful. It's probably two people. It's too actually, probably too believable. Patsy, why is the number six significant for you?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why is six six?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're putting me on the spot.
Speaker 4: Six sixty six, the number of the devil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that could be it. Y, you're saying that she's a devil. Warner.
Speaker 4: It's just the first thing he came from you.
Speaker 5: But when you looked at pats you are a devil. Okay. Some thing's only meant to last six years. By bye. Nine four one, one, four three the number six for you. Everybody gets a beanie hat because number one they're stylish, number two they're all and number three they're available right now.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show, This radio show is six years old today. So today on our show birthday, we're asking what does the number six mean to you? Good morning to mackay at Christian, number six means to me. We built our first home and a block side is six six six and we are the number six house. Wow, what a lot of six? Is there?
Speaker 3: So good thing? Shway or something?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure actually, Patsy six years ago, Christian, I almost changed the radio station that I'm listening to now. That TV is when you started, and I heard it with some unknown English guy. However, I'm glad I didn't, And thank you to you Jack and Pants for what you did during COVID. Well, Jody Bilkerson, that's lovely set, but thank you very much for actually being there for us and listen to the shows during that time as well. Christian, I bought my first TV on layby from Kmart and then once I'd paid it off, I circled it home on the handlebars of my BMX. We're talking only about how how did you move things? That's quite a scene, all right. So what does the number six mean to you? Nine four one four one four three, Julia, come on in, Hello there, how are you going? Guys? We're good. Julia. I just saw take Mark to the show. You won one of our exclusive show beanies.
Speaker 12: That's very exciting.
Speaker 9: It is very true.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry the number.
Speaker 5: Six to me.
Speaker 15: Now, I'm not just saying this because she's my sister and I'm on air. However, she's my best friend. But we were born six years apart, six days apart and sixty minutes apart.
Speaker 4: Are the odds.
Speaker 15: I know, it's it's a bit scary. So we actually, as a bit of a joke, celebrated we had a joint birthday a couple of years ago, celebrating our sixtieth.
Speaker 16: It was great.
Speaker 5: Wait, that's incredible, isn't it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so yeah, we're all born on rainy nights and all that sort of stuff. But you know, we had a bit of a bit of a tussle of kids.
Speaker 5: But we're good.
Speaker 15: Great, we're best friends now.
Speaker 5: So we love it lovely, all right, Julia, thank you very much, Thank you so much.
Speaker 15: Guy to have a great day.
Speaker 5: Jasmine, good morning, Hi there, how are you, Jim scared you well, Chasmin?
Speaker 12: Oh, I'm very well for a Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 12: So six means to me so my grandfather he turned on the sixth of the six two thousand and six, he turned sixty six.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is great.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a great one, and we're I was obviously going to celebrate his birthday then in two days time, on the six of the sixth. So yeah, it's very important to me.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, wow. I tell you what. We'll send you a beanie hat and one for dad as well.
Speaker 12: Oh, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 5: Thank you, pleasure. All right, thank you very much. She killed Chasmin. Have a great day, guys, Shannon. Good morning, Shannon, good morning.
Speaker 16: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Shannon. Thanks calling the show. Shannon. So the number six on our six years of the show, What does number six mean to you? Mate?
Speaker 16: My husband saved my life six years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 5: How come? What happened?
Speaker 16: I survived to strike and he needs a fast sign to strike. So I had the facial droops, couldn't leave my right arm, and I couldn't speak, and he called triple zero immediately, and I remember him telling the triple zero operator, I think my wife is having a stroke. So he saved my life sixty years ago.
Speaker 5: Wow. Is it six years ago this year or this week?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, six years ago on the fourteenth of May. So we climbed the Carbor Bridge together on the fourteenth, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that must have been an amazing to do anyway, but even more special after what you've been through the last six years.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, God, what.
Speaker 5: An amazing thing he did. Yeah, yeah, that's awesome. And how are you now?
Speaker 14: You are?
Speaker 5: Well? Yeah, back at work and.
Speaker 16: Yeah I was walking the next day, but I couldn't speak for a week, so and couldn't you my right arm all hands? So yeah, but I'm fift.
Speaker 12: Recover it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, wow, Jenny, you must have been on Oh Sharon, congratulations and happy Anna versory for your six as well. Thanks for sharing your story with us this morning. Have a nice day.
Speaker 16: Thank you bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: Podcast Christian O'Connell's show, So Our Show birthday six years today The Boss Springsteen celebrating forty years ago today, June the fourth. In nineteen eighty four, Springsteen's seventh album became his biggest one. It is the We've got an amazing vinyl reissue fortieth anniversary beautiful vinyl reissue of his classic album Born in the Usa doesn't actually come out to buy until next week from Sony Music. You can actually win it this morning by beating our boss, Sue. You want to win the Boss, then you've gotta beat the boss.
Speaker 14: Hi, I'm Sue the Boss. Take me on if you dare.
Speaker 5: Chiding, so we work with her. So trust me, it is chilling. She's that threatening every day, worse than.
Speaker 3: That's sound for all.
Speaker 15: Right, So.
Speaker 5: This is how this is going to play out. You've got to listen to Sue the Boss. Now beat the Boss. She's got the clues to three well known bosses. Get all three right. You can win this vinyl reissue of one of the greatest albums of all time, Springsteen's Born in the USA, which is forty years old today. This is back in the eighties. It's hard to actually imagine how big a star heaper came off the back of the album. This is when people actually used to go and queue up and buy albums as well. I think in its first year it came out. Within twelve months, it sold fifty million actual hard copies on vinyl. Then around the world twelve tracks, seven of them went top ten singles. That's how big it was everywhere. And this is way before YouTube in the Internet. He became this global megastar. Off the album. It's a great album and if you win it right now, you'll love hearing it on vinyl. It's how it should be enjoyed, all right, So beat the boss over to sue our boss.
Speaker 2: Boss number one, this boss wears a lot of black.
Speaker 14: His biggest competitor is his son. He's always puffed out.
Speaker 5: Boss number two, This.
Speaker 14: Boss is very animated. This boss works in the energy sector. You could say his work is excellent.
Speaker 2: Boss number three, this boss.
Speaker 14: Is very well dressed. She'll be waiting for you in hell. To win the boss, you have to beat the.
Speaker 5: Boss, sow no. So our boss recorded that in an incinerator. Anyone else here?
Speaker 14: The number one, This boss wears a lot of black. His biggest competitor in a helicopter.
Speaker 5: She chops in every morning. She flies above the city and then swoops down on us. All right, So, if you got all the three bosses, give us a call. Nine one, four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show. Oh it is a bit chilly today, but I'm just warming myself up. What team I drinking?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 5: Seeing if you asked this, Delmark. That's odd because today on the time Waste, what are the odds is great. Prize is brought to you by deal Mar. Just move that betiful tea over there. Actually the finest ethical salong tea. Make yourself a better tea with del Mar Today on the Best in Show, one of you wins two hundred and fifty dollars in cash and a two hundred and fifty dollars tea break award, which is three months of del Mar tea for the office. Oh my god, you get some You get a t back, you get a tea back. I don't even know who you are. It's joint. You're gotting to have a tea bag.
Speaker 4: But Christian, what if I work for myself and don't work in an office.
Speaker 5: The street and your suburb gets tea bags? Thank you? Dealmark says the world did not have the time waye stuff. We're looking through your mardy. Hell, winter's here, isn't it? Winter Solstice? Over the weekend winter has started. Australian has been competing in the Winter Olympics. So I know a lot of the other teams weren't a word that you were. But and that time since nineteen thirty six, it's gone really well, wait not read scripts against six gold medals.
Speaker 4: And the first one came in the last twenty years, so there was a probably a chunk of seventy years where we went doing a lot there.
Speaker 5: How are we do we know that people are twice as likely to break up during winter than the summer. Lovely to have stuff at this buzz killer breakfast, that's us.
Speaker 4: Go into the first week of winter.
Speaker 5: Someone can be driving to work right now, they come for the to the chuckles and then suddenly they're like that in an argument last night they went to bed and having the wake up. Now that's hanging in the air. It's believed that the cold lowest appetite at energy levels. The entire know anymore, this killed news, all right? Winter movies, The hills have ice silver, free Wooly. Oh yeah yeah yeah, Warman, WILLI warm? Didn't think that went through anyway, Free Wooly, That's what I said. Men who steric coats, Yeah yeah. And the Blizzard of oz Bronze, Thank you jack. What have you got? Winter movies?
Speaker 4: I'm David Spade in snow dirt.
Speaker 5: That is basic, no deal. Few my friends they're not rio. Actually lean over like someone to punched them in the gut.
Speaker 4: Bronze, full puffer jacket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's good silver plus the nipwear.
Speaker 4: On ELM's Street.
Speaker 5: That's good's gold. Nick, were always feels like a nana or mum made it. I know they don't, but Nick, where screens in my mind.
Speaker 4: Like a mama or nan knitting you something cloudy with a chance of snowball.
Speaker 5: Very good Gold.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's show winters here, they're here on gold. It's always summer, okay, today's south West. So you can win two hundred and fifty dollars in cash thanks to del Mark. Also three months your office wins three months of blig to thisious Dill Martin. We're looking for your winter movies. You're ready to mark the talented mister Nipley Gold Strong start Ward, Don Andrew scarf Face Gold, the Big Lasnowski Bronze. I'd like to Wendy Thermals and Lou very good. Michael who because I can't work out surely that can't be his surname, Michael descent descent. Yeah, see it's going to be frenchis away, So many questions. Devil wears a Parker goal, Low done, Helen Gore text Machiner instead of ex Machiner Bronze, He didn't have a movie small Willy, It's very good, Gary, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days Silver Plus, No Cardigan's roll Man Silver, Weekend Berry shut that Door, Edward Shiverhans Gold, twelve Angry Snowman Bronze, Honey, I Shrunk My Plums Gold, Bradbury, Gilmore, The Sound of Mucus, Gavin Weldne, that's very good, Brisky business from Sam Silver, How did and Kumar go to cat Man? Do Silver? Throw Mama from the Dog Sleigh, Verry, Clever, Film Silver plus Ten Things I Hear about cat Man? Do Bronze, Frost, Gum Gold, These are very good, Oppenheim Silver, Hoop Fellas Cold, Yeah, very good. Took me a couple times to read that to get it. Well done, Jack, That is very good and Weekend at Beanies Gold. Yeah, so many goals. Who is winning? Delicious deal Marte.
Speaker 4: Dilma is coming to you, Gavin for the Sound.
Speaker 5: Of Mucus, Yeah, very good, Well done everyone, Thank you very much. Last song for us today, and then we turn about tomorrow's show.
Speaker 2: Today The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell's Show. I just learned from Michael Descent, who we mentioned earlier when we're just marking the time, Way says, and I was confused by his surname. Missus. Descent has got back to me, Christian, my surname is decent, as in I'm a decent bloke. I think he must have spent like a tie person when he was Russian to send that out there.
Speaker 4: Hear it every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when we're thinking lasting about doing a game as if my name is he has to say as in I'm a decent bloke. We got it all right. So a couple of hours ago we were doing a thing and we're doing it every day this week where you've got to guest a song that drag is trying to sing in the dentist chairs for Smile Solutions. And we spoke to a guy who got the right answer, ay one one thousand dollars, and you could tell that actually he's obviously been going through a tough time and he said one or two lines has said that the money he's really needed at the moment. And and then you don't know this, but about an hour later, that guy James texted me to say they're also today happens to be his wedding anniversary as well. So getting some good news after a tough couple months was a really big thing. Now, this is what the amazing thing is about doing this show. Sometimes we have the kindest people that listen to the show. We've been showing this time and time again whenever we ask you to get behind somebody in the community where it's backpacks of it kids who are having tough time. So I got a message about an hour or so ago from one of you called Ian, and he doesn't want to come on air. He actually just wanted to say to us that he heard James and obviously that you'll be going through some stuff. And James only said this if you think this is a big five minute story in James with Jaran, what's been going on? It was literally a couple of words. It was no more than a line or two. But this guy Ian was so moved by it. He wants to donate two thousand dollars his own money to James, or just want to give James the good news, because I don't think it's my good news to give. But Ian wants to give you. A guy you've never met me before, wants to give you another two thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: James, Oh, I don't know what. I don't know what to say. I'm sitting in a car at work, nearly in tears. Ah, I have no idea how much this means. Like I said, I add some miracle issues recently, and what's the wages and we are descriping through and this life changing, right.
Speaker 5: I am so sorry to hear that, but I'm just humbled that you only just said a couple of words to us about two hours agot half six this morning. But someone else was so moved by it. And sometimes it's not so much in what we're saying. There's something else you can feel there. And obviously Ian obviously felt something. And he said that his family and the kids are doing well right now and he wants to give something back, and he wants to give you two thousand dollars. So you're today you've got three thousand of dollars. And I really hope James, that it helps a little bit to whatever's been going on. Mate.
Speaker 11: Yeah, kind of describe how my Tess got to help me and I know you mate, and if we get to mat Yeah, I loved the boy beer. That's the least I can say. I'm just hard racing. Yeah, helps so much, I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: And James, we'rening anniversary today as well.
Speaker 11: Yes, two years. Sorry is my lovely wife.
Speaker 5: Ah well, hopefully you could do something a bit different tonight to celebrate that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I definitely mate.
Speaker 5: All Right, James already put you on air, but I just wanted to give you some more good news, which it sounds like you really need that as well. But James, Ian's going to give you a call later on today and we'll leave it to you guys, But thank you very much for calling the show today. And I know you only said a line or two, but it's very hard sometimes I actually saying when you're having a tough time, and it must be nerve wracking even just coming on the radio. But I'm so glad you actually did say something because otherwise people are in you know, sometimes we find it so hard to actually say having a tough time. So whatever you did say in a couple of words, it really struck a chord with a lot of people said James, well done.
Speaker 11: I thank you, Christian, thanks sing and tame you great.
Speaker 5: Day guys and you happy anniversary.
Speaker 11: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast