Speaker 1: All right, so, mitches, you know we are ticking off moments from the ege and bucket list because we are terminal. We are an end of life care.
Speaker 2: Are we hope you've not heard the news Kate language, No, because you know I don't hear.
Speaker 3: I'm on a need to know basis shit.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we've been diagnosed with you know, terminal podcast.
Speaker 3: No, terminal brilliant, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Terminal brilliance. We are ending the show after five years. We're ending on a good note. Mitch and I are still friends, barely, but we are.
Speaker 3: We are we are hanging by three.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the show is over. So we're trying to tick off all the bucket list moments that we want to do before we end, and having Katelne Brook back for a fourth ah with me Bayes.
Speaker 2: And that's partly why I was borderline harassing your gorgeous produce. It's ash because I was like time's ticking, babes, like we're nearly finished, and all of our gorgeous idiots that's what we call our listeners, the idiots charming say we're begging for another Kate episode.
Speaker 4: So you're here and we are thrilling.
Speaker 3: I love it, but how sad and devastating for all of the gorgeous idiots.
Speaker 1: I know they really took it quite well to be like me, and they were like, what we had about seven messages going yeah, I guessed it. I picked it six months ago.
Speaker 4: I don't know what they meant by that.
Speaker 3: Can I just say, because if you have such a long, glorious relationship you two, what's the closest that you've come. You've obviously you've hung by three, You've seen each other through a lot of changes with each other.
Speaker 2: What's the closest, the closest that we've come to?
Speaker 3: A total schism? And car park?
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, I'm still confused. Get my car?
Speaker 3: No? No as in massive choms, punch.
Speaker 1: Onsh got your guards? Oh, because the other question were easier. I tried to fuck Mitch, I think three weeks into knowing him.
Speaker 3: But I thought I thought you were getting at But I wasn't even going to ask about that. I mean, both of you were so eminently designed, arable, and we.
Speaker 1: Are we are sort of, you know, a mirror image of each other. You know, me the masculine, rugged bear and you which you're the delicate daffodil. You know, I would crush you in all the right ways.
Speaker 3: I'd say our hothouse orchard, I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're poisonous to cats? Perfect they No, they're not. I have to google every fucking plant that comes in my home. Is it going to kill my daughter?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But why do you have a cat and assume it's going to die?
Speaker 2: Because most pot plants are poisonous to cats, except for the ugly ones.
Speaker 4: They have a cat friendly ones.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I love you?
Speaker 3: But if that were true, this continent island that we're lucky enough to call home would be strewn with the carcasses of dead feelines because most of them live in houses that also have pots, and they seem to be doing Okay, I think we're going to clock that up to your neurosis.
Speaker 2: But you know what people online are like Kate, like, I could just post something and in the background they'll.
Speaker 1: That's going to kill your pat But you need to not care. I couldn't care less.
Speaker 4: What about my cat's life?
Speaker 3: No, you know what your spot on, Mitch, I was in me good hair, Mitch. You don't have a good hair, Mitch, But that's that hair is stunning. That fucking hair is wearing you my friend anyway, But Mitch, I put up a picture like months ago, and I'd had a massive night with Peter Allen Lewis right, you're beloved, my beloved, my beloved, And for some reason in the middle of the night we got home about three o'clock and probably around five am, I was hungry. I was hungry. I didn't want to eat what he was offering. So I went downstairs and I started fossicking around and all I could find was, I think, a packet of chicken in a biscuit. And the reason that I think that was I had no recollection. I woke up in the morning and then next to the bed was an empty foil bag from chicken in the biscuit, and I was like, no, one, don't say drag. I feel so dy anyway, So I posted the photo as in like what about last night? You know one of those I had no recollection, And one of the messages I got was, oh my god, I know somebody whose dog died by suffocating the badge from the chicken in the biscuit. We should have been laughing, because if no, it can laugh at that kids twofold one, Darwin.
Speaker 1: Yes, you Google that she's not talking about the city.
Speaker 3: Survival of the fittest, but also the person that feels motivated. That that is their response that they want to send you after you've had a big night and you've enjoyed an obisco shnack in bed.
Speaker 2: My response to that is actually just wondering how long did the hangover last? Because I'm only twenty bloody eight and if i have a night where I get in at five am and I'm ravishing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I could be hungover for a week.
Speaker 3: Ravenous, No ravishing, You're always ravishing. You're always ravishing. You might also be ravenous. And here we are.
Speaker 1: We always say some words.
Speaker 3: Mitch and Mitch and the visiting bitch. They always learned some words.
Speaker 1: Talking to Kata is like when you bumping onto your English teacher after you've left high school, but they still teach. I know, coles into the checkout chick and.
Speaker 2: No, So, Kate, we're very lucky to have you back in the accident done. How long did the hangover last?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is strange.
Speaker 4: I've never had a hangover.
Speaker 3: What I get very tired and I get dusty. I've never had a hangover.
Speaker 1: Kay, that is a hangover.
Speaker 3: I've never had a hangover. No, No, I don't get the heat and the thing and the.
Speaker 1: My record has never been solid, but I've never had diarrhea ever in my life.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I tell you why.
Speaker 3: By way of illustration. We came back. We were at a big party in Barron on the weekend and mad for three four days. Came back Monday night, got home at eleven blah blah blah. I got four kids sit in there. I got up, atee them breakfast and went to yoga at six thirty. Yeah, wake up whistling. I feel whistling doesn't matter what you do the night before.
Speaker 1: Wake up whistling, that is, you wake up whistling. You know what I've started to wake up and do. I actually don't know what the name of the practice is, and I don't want to get in trouble for cultural appropriation. But when you know, when you see a Chinese grandma in the park and they're in the park and they are like a Dutch windmill, like you're all of a sudden in Rotterdam, and they just swing. They also clap the body and they cut.
Speaker 3: The arm themselves.
Speaker 1: Point yes, I think it's lymphatic drainage. And I've been big into that every morning. And I'm telling you, where are you slapping?
Speaker 3: We may not.
Speaker 1: Let me point to the areas that I slapped myself. Now it's in like this weather. Leather lymphodes are pit's neck groys.
Speaker 3: Well, they were everywhere. And what does that do?
Speaker 1: It drains it. It gets rains them, drains the lymphatic system.
Speaker 4: And you different, how up do I.
Speaker 1: Feel a bit slow in the mornings?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I do like radio, So I get home late. Then I kind of sleep in later. So I'm up and I'm kind of everyone's already started their days. So I will Chinese Grandma myself and the soles.
Speaker 3: Of your feet, because I remember I was doing that for a while because I saw some Chinese guy on Insta do it and he called it digging for gold. Oh, you slap your feet the soles of your feet. Slap him like I can't remember sixty times or whatever, and he calls it digging for gold. And he goes, if you slap the soles of your feet, you dig for gold, you get the gold of health.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hell if the magic of the bottom of the foot I always see whenever I'm on daily mail. You know those random ads. They kind of look like you've been hacked, but it's also an ad. It's like David Kosh admits to investing in this making Ramage puts an onion on the sole of her foot, and now she's twenty. It's always it's always that and those two people. But everyone says, put a slice of onion on your foot, put a sock on, and you wake up and you'll have nothing wrong with you.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had one of those fake ads next to your name, Kate disappoint I haven't. Oh, I'll get cracking.
Speaker 3: I mean, what if you were going to imagine a campaign for me, what would it be?
Speaker 1: What would it be?
Speaker 2: Because it's always something ridiculous, like Lisa Wilkinson swears by these vitamin and gummies or something.
Speaker 1: It's always what you're known for, you know, like I don't know what, but what am I known for?
Speaker 4: Benders?
Speaker 3: Apparently being an English teacher? Learn English?
Speaker 1: Now I did google you, and you know what. This keeps coming up because I'm trying to buy a house at the moment, Kate, so I keep getting the ad for your god forsaken house. I'm like different tax bracket. Guys, I'm not buying Kate.
Speaker 3: I think it is Mitch suring. I think you're really playing yourself down.
Speaker 4: Oh are you moving house at the moment.
Speaker 3: You know, we've already moved house. We're trying to sell it.
Speaker 1: You know, we had it.
Speaker 3: We moved in lockdown. When my husband thought we needed a challenge. We need a challenge, we need a new house. So we bought a house we hadn't seen because we were in lockdown, so we weren't last Oh my god, and so we bought it. And then it turned out we didn't need a challenge, we just needed to come out of lockdown. By that point, it was too late. We had this house. Anyway, That's what's happened.
Speaker 4: So you lived in an ICM.
Speaker 3: We're living in it now. What's so?
Speaker 4: Which one are getting rid of?
Speaker 3: I feel so slow today, Oh, darling, Mitch, I love you. You know what You're like fifty first dates?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Like? Everything is new to you every single time? Every day I'm like, oh my goodness, what is this thing? I'm a chair that Oh my goodness, I'm sucking air in and out? What's that called breathing?
Speaker 1: What's coming out of my lower parts.
Speaker 3: Also, what's that sticker on your arm hair? Mitch?
Speaker 4: Look what is it?
Speaker 2: I'm getting it layser off soon. It's a tattoo that I regret from when I was like twenty. It's a Lady Gaga tattoo. It's the most puffy thing ever.
Speaker 3: And I'm not the biggest monster.
Speaker 2: I thought I was at the time, and I was like, I will always feel this strongly about an artist, but I just don't feel strongly about fucking anything in my late twenties.
Speaker 3: Course not. And you know what, that will happen increasingly through your life to the point where you'll want to get your actual self lasered off.
Speaker 1: You know, I've got to say, Kate, like, looking at you here now, having you on for what the fourth time, you have not aged a bit since we first had you on the show, like us yeah, us Haggard beasts, I'm thirty next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 4: What would you say mit him?
Speaker 3: What would you say it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting because he looks younger at the moment than he did like five years ago.
Speaker 3: And this I a grey you know what you've got boomerang looks.
Speaker 1: What's boomerang looks.
Speaker 3: The boomerang looks is what someone said to me years and years ago, is that those people who it's like they're thrown out and they come back to themselves and they come back younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get like Husy. Oh, like Husy Husy.
Speaker 3: His whole life has looked eighty too, and now he looks like the bedst he's.
Speaker 1: Ever looks usually looks hot. He was talking about margarine on his Instagram the other day. Had a tub but that was disgusting. The Nuttlex, the nutles, the nutlet into Costco and he'd finished like a three kilo tub of bulk Netlex Mitchell, it's like a buttery.
Speaker 3: Quite like Nuttlex, of all of them. It's got a nice flavor.
Speaker 1: I agree with the Actually he was going, I've mean the Costco and you know, doing all that bit, and they.
Speaker 3: Said, I'd never finish this tab and I never finish his tab of margarine. It's taken how long it's taken him eighteen months.
Speaker 1: To finish his tub of margarine. Of course everyone was confused. But I watched the whole thing. I think I watched it twice, and I do the comments I did read the comments great for engagement.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, it's kind of like people were like seed oils, seed oils, you're weekend.
Speaker 4: By the time, see what I see what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know what I did the other I posted a story in my bedroom and then someone commented, going, so nice to see that your house is also lived in my mind. I'm like, go fuck yourself, that's still right.
Speaker 3: It means if you're you were messy massy.
Speaker 1: Saying nice to see that my pig pen is also replicated in yours.
Speaker 3: I bet that's someone who's who knew someone who's dog choked on a chicken and a biscuit packet, not the actual person, because God forbid anything like that should be for anyone.
Speaker 1: That'd be horrific.
Speaker 3: You don't dwell on that. I wonder they've got to wind up five years of Is it just me?
Speaker 1: I know we didn't get canceled though you never did, did you know?
Speaker 3: That's not me and Valvo on the buck up. Yeah, we're just like the conversations we have. It's so liberating. Sash our producer, as you know, highly highly esteemed. She's always like, oh, I hope you don't get canceled like how does that happen?
Speaker 2: I mean, I do listen to your podcast from time to time, and I feel like it would be an appropriate replacement for our idiots who are looking for something new, because it's it's that same inappropriate humor that we have, like woke people, don't bother. You're probably going to get upset because there was an episode I heard you talking about how you're fully in favor of slut shaming, and you wouldna We're going to have.
Speaker 3: A special slut shaming party.
Speaker 1: How that works?
Speaker 3: You haven't thought it through. Don't ask for details, Mitch All it was just born. It was just sometimes you know, you got to hang on to things so tight that you want to let out. You know, in this world, I get you. You did hang onto you know. On the podcast you can just let stuff out. But Mitch, I'll tell you where you went wrong. Good hair Betty from Blacktowl. Mitch. Even if people hate you, even if the wokesters, you let them hate, listen, Oh totally, don't drive them away. Come hate listen to Katie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're about to send an influx of our idiots your way and they won't be offended.
Speaker 3: Don't threat they must be devastated.
Speaker 1: They were naturally they were naturally.
Speaker 3: By the way, you never answered what fight you had here too?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, We'll be honest, we've had many a fight, but they resolved themselves very quick.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, it's a really.
Speaker 3: Fun you've never had a big one.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just especially when we're both stressed and whatever. We're both like trying to compete who's more stressed, who's more tied. Yeah, and then it's like, how about we just be nice?
Speaker 3: Oh, you like a couple with a newborn baby.
Speaker 4: Yes, exact, I only.
Speaker 3: Had ten minutes sleep, only had eight minutes sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do get into those fights of like schedule and who's more busy, but we always know that that's the root of it. I don't think there's ever been a different route, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there's no particular one that springs to mind, which I suppose is a good thing. I mean, you know what it's like, hate to walk away from a very successful show just because you can't particularly be.
Speaker 1: Fucked anymore, that's all it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's right, And then you know what you get to do? Have the reunions? Oh yes, exactly, and the constant speculations.
Speaker 1: A speculation. Oh my jusy and.
Speaker 3: I are doing so many jobs next year, next year, we're doing so many jobs.
Speaker 1: I don't know he find the time.
Speaker 2: I was actually wondering about that because last time, well one of the bloody times you were here, I can't remember, you were saying that Hughes is a workaholic. He could not understand why you would give up the radio show you did together, because he's like, what are you gonna do all day? Yeah, he's currently not on the radio. He must just be harassing you, going.
Speaker 4: Come on, babe, let's get the man back together.
Speaker 3: Well, you know he is still very busy.
Speaker 1: Nutlets won't need itself, will it.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of spreading anyway, It's true he's not as busy as he was. But because he's very he's very adaptable, Hughsy, he's reptilian, yeah, always says like a reptile. You know that he can survive and thrive in harsh environments. And so now because his life has slowed down like markedly that he's not doing breakfast radio now, he's all zen.
Speaker 4: Oh and you must be thinking, iye, bloody tried to tell you didn't. I yeah, I told you, I know.
Speaker 3: But it's only for this period. As soon as he starts his next big job, that will all go out the window again. But he's like a politician, you know, whenever they lose an election, they're like, I want to spend more time with my family. Yes, you know, not during the eighteen proceding years anyway. So you're doing that and you're enjoying it very much. Oh yeah, he's just brought a podcast fan. Oh what, he's bought a podcast fan?
Speaker 1: Well, how does that work? Is that the same as the slut shaming bus, Kate, or they're going to be different things.
Speaker 3: You're very keen to get on this spark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love a little slut shaming. I've got ideas for you, Kate. Here's what I'm thinking. You have been to New York or any big sight seeing cities and they've got those big almost double decker buses that have the glass top, and then they drive through New York and then all of a sudden, there's a flashmop right, there's just there's just and they watch it and they take their photos through the glass. Will you and a bunch of slut shamers can sit in this glass box, drive around the CBD and just yell out slut shame.
Speaker 3: Okay, brilliant. But here's the thing, and how you'll accommodate this. I don't know. We are at once the slut shamers and the slow arts.
Speaker 1: How is that gonna work it's self? For when it works in the same way that I can go use such a puff exactly, Mitchell, because I can, because I am.
Speaker 4: We can say the work.
Speaker 1: You can say the word, But then, Kate, you've got to back it up with actual sluttiness. You can't just say you were a slight and come to work in you know, denim overall.
Speaker 3: Hang, I wonder if I take my top off underneath s on? Okay, all right, I'll take it off.
Speaker 1: She's unbuckling me overall.
Speaker 3: I'm unbuckling it. Hey have got an ex bra.
Speaker 1: Oh she does? Oh my goodness? Have I gone on? I say, pink, here we go, look pig, How did you know? Beautiful?
Speaker 3: Oh? No, I can't. There's too much chop.
Speaker 1: But anyway, there's not the idea.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a bit of chop. I've carried for children. I'm nation building, doing the work of the nation that you two have so far chosen not to do.
Speaker 1: We're trying. We're trying.
Speaker 2: I was saying not too long ago on the podcast that I actually feel quite robbed that I don't get to experience birth and being pregnant. I think, why the fuck should only women get to dorough that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Jealous?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why the fuck? Why you know what? No one knows.
Speaker 3: Actually, neither of us could answer that. We're not scientists.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 4: That's the bee in my bottle.
Speaker 3: I wish, you know what, it's probably only hours away until there's a scientific breakthrough and you can I agree with you. And do you know what, there's a lot of women who'd say, go at it, my fee.
Speaker 1: I yes, bitch, go at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give birth, but I think sometimes like the idea of making a child naturally is very appealing to me. I don't know, I'm just hard.
Speaker 3: Making a child naturally? You mean, like with one of my card.
Speaker 1: The podcast or author TV you're listening to.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: I'm podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Now, O, Kate, I want to know, do you miss radio? But because I'm at the point where it's ten years in commercial radio, for me next year. Nine years on air, and imagine you had this feeling of like Jesus like to do a daily show. And I did two daily shows. It's a lot. So did you get that like burning? I imagine it's like a you know, an old old candle melting down, you know, and just the clock kind of just just it kills you. Do you miss it? Do you miss the daily shows?
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever had that experience that. I mean, you're just doing breakfast particularly you get tired, you know what. I like the communion with someone and the exchange of ideas and the exchange of energy and with the audience as well. But I'm not a person that misses things, so I don't really miss it. But which is not to say that I didn't love it and that I will in the future not love it again. And also because now Nathan and I are doing the buck up, that you just get that little a dream and shot. I mean, probably why you guys are not enjoying the podcast for with the full injection of you know, red blood vesselshit once Scot is because you're both tired from your other things.
Speaker 4: Pretty much you've just hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 1: It's just what happens.
Speaker 3: And you know, tiredness or or the lack of newness of an experience when something becomes a chore. And it's not that you don't love it, it's just that it's a chore to be done and to be sandwiched amongst other things. You have a different relationship with it.
Speaker 1: You hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 4: It's not quite at the chore point yet, which is good.
Speaker 3: And you've called it before it gets to that exactly.
Speaker 2: You must be loving the difference between podcasting and radio though, like you're quite fond of light duties. I understand it's a lot less on your plate, right, but it scratches that same.
Speaker 3: It it's just so so liberating and fun and it still has and it also has a has more oxygen in it, I reckon. And because there's no interruptions, there's no there's no housework, there's no gend directors. Yeah, and not that i've ever, I've really never had a bad experience with them either, like really I've had a dream run. And also because I worked with Hughsey, who's so alpha, I think a lot of them were scared of him. Protectively, you haven't even had a listening session in you know, twenty years wow on edgecheck. Just yeah, we haven't had one.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But that also goes to show you, guys, when you're doing No over Breakfast and then Drive you When I first started A Kiss, you were on Drive on Kiss and I was on the street team and I hosted.
Speaker 3: You didn't invent you were gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I was a kid, I was twenty.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 1: But you guys were so good. Did you do that with your show that you like, you know, wanted to. You got to a point and you know, we can't make anything else, like like what we're doing. You know, there's nothing else we've got to give, So we're leaving.
Speaker 3: No with Breakfast. We did only because we were tired and Hughsey wanted to do more stand up which he couldn't do with Breakfast Radio. And because my eldest son, Lewis, had had leukemia. And that was when my youngest, the youngest of the four, was five months old, so I felt like I'd been ripped away from Yarny the little one, so I wanted to have some time at home with him, right. So we were both on the same page with what we wanted to do. But I think you get to a certain point, my mate, you know Timmy Blackwell brilliant, He said to me, once it just falls out of you, and you get to the point where as his you would go, this isn't even work. When I said I was going to easily goes why.
Speaker 1: It's not even this is not even work.
Speaker 3: This is just a pleager. Why would you give it?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: And we got to the point where it just falls out of you, where it's just so natural and so that it really doesn't feel like work, except that until AI catches up with us, you do have to be there.
Speaker 1: I agree. Yeah, it's coming for us all AI.
Speaker 3: Oh, isn't it? And you know what, I'm sick of hearing that everyone says at the moment, and you know, people get into these bas phrases. No doubt this This was invented by chat GPT, which also I'm annoyed we have to say GPT every time? Why do we? Yeah, you're already training us to say things annoying.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway. People say you won't be replaced by AI, but you'll be replaced by somebody who knows how to use the I'm not that's the same fucking thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop, just stop, just stop. You'll hear people say it now.
Speaker 4: It's also so unreliable.
Speaker 1: AI.
Speaker 2: We've done a few experiments on the show, like couldn't replicate our voice, and it's so far from being able to replace this.
Speaker 4: It just gets it all wrong.
Speaker 3: I know. But we think that now. We're like, look, that man's got six fingers, but that's, you know what, an idiot. The robotsy idiots. But if you think how like quickly that has happened, I suppose, Yeah, they're coming for us. The sun has not set on us before.
Speaker 1: There will be a bit of an audio of me.
Speaker 3: I can't even say what I'll be saying because then I will literally have said it and can't use the excuse that it say I'm making me say it. But there'll be something preposterous or one of the three.
Speaker 2: Of us actually speaking of which sidebar, I've noticed on the buck up that you guys beep the F bomb.
Speaker 3: What's that about?
Speaker 1: You're allowed to say fuck here?
Speaker 3: I know, I know when we say it all we'd say it, We say it, and sometimes we don't beep it, but sometimes we like to beep it.
Speaker 1: Why what's the difference between a bleach fuck and non bleech.
Speaker 4: No, that's me.
Speaker 3: I just like sometimes to beep it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I just like their audio play of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think so. And also sometimes you know, now Australians, all we can do is swear. There used to be a thing that when my husband would go to the footy, people would say, these kids around so you couldn't swear. But now you just here at the airport the other day there were two guys in high vis waiting and literally converse and C and F and C and then he's but they weren't even being aggressive. They literally we could not say a sentence without being punctuated by swearing. And so I think sometimes very.
Speaker 4: Burning it is.
Speaker 3: It's me too. I'm super Verian swearing bear and with my with with my language in lieu of the word.
Speaker 4: When I'm trying to think of the next thing, I'm like, oh fucking.
Speaker 1: Can I get fingers?
Speaker 3: That's just Australian.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, no, yeah, is the worst interview Stephen Fry last week and he said the same thing, and he's one of the most intelligent, funny Oh yes, how was about time he was brilliant.
Speaker 3: But couldn't you couldn't expose him to Mitchell. Mitchell would be like, what, No, it would be.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't work.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't understand.
Speaker 1: It needs a bit of Mitchell, like oil and water. You know, it had just stayed sort of but you.
Speaker 3: Know what delicious salad dressing.
Speaker 4: I greet you so right, vinegar, and know.
Speaker 1: I'm being a Mitchell.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: He said that his favorite thing to do is to say to say fuck. And he knows every word in the English language of the Latin. So for that man to say I love to say in the latter. So if he is happy to say fuck, then all bets are off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, and I think did I don't know. Well, let's not get into the origin of the word of the word fuck. Was it Shakespeare or oh?
Speaker 1: I know he invented he was balloon? He invented balloon?
Speaker 3: Balloon?
Speaker 1: Yeah is a Shakespearean word. Google words invented by Shakespeare? Yeah, balloon? Oh No, I know.
Speaker 3: I know. In fact, a girlfriend of mine has in her kitchen a list of expressions that have come from Shakespeare. And when you read it, of course I haven't committed any of them to memory. But when you read it, you're like, that's incredible. Yea, in everyday U see? I know, you know, I'll give you one of them.
Speaker 1: I went down a rabbit hole of Shakespeare being gay on TikTok and this he's a good amount of evidence. Read that man's work, and I mean that is a pool writing if ever I've read it in my life. He is so gay?
Speaker 4: Really, can you give an example?
Speaker 1: Created No, it's he's gain just just the the iambic pentameter and the rhythm and the magic and theta. Thank you you asked for examples. I mean, you know that's forty kids.
Speaker 3: The stripper is here.
Speaker 2: Off.
Speaker 1: I studied theater, That's all I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know he was like Kate, I am bic pentameter? Is that didn't? Don't? Did?
Speaker 1: Did?
Speaker 3: Like the Is that that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can't couldn't remember what it was. He probably was gay. And also, let's face it, he was in the theater. Really but in those days where where the thrill the audience would get was being seeing a boy dressed up as a girl to see his ankles? What that those people imagine them on the slut shaming bus?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're in New York, they would, and they're so used to throwing rotten. Yeah, it's such a medieval.
Speaker 4: Hat.
Speaker 1: And I am a scold. This whole powered vehicle show that I made rabbit.
Speaker 3: What fun.
Speaker 2: You know another thing I heard on your podcast not only slut shaming, but I was shamed in a way because there's something that you detest that I'm.
Speaker 3: Guilty people who eat grilled fish, grilled fish. I'm a grilled fish grilled fish loser. You know what. When I was at the airport on Monday night, this guy came up to me and he went, she had grilled fish last night, pointing at his wife. I said, she seems like a lovely woman. She's a loser.
Speaker 2: Don't you tell just by looking at me that i'd be a grilled fish eater? And also, what's your beef with grilled fish?
Speaker 3: You know what? It's just it's not It's just I can't explain to you what's wrong about it. It's like going into a cell with John Wayne Gacy and trying to explain, trying to explain that though his paintings are nice, there's several deplorable things about him.
Speaker 2: So she said on the podcast, somebody needs to be battered or fried, never grilled.
Speaker 3: No, no crumbed, crumbed or bamed or battered.
Speaker 1: Crumbed is good. I love of steamed fish. I'm sorry, and I'll stand by steamed fish.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 4: What how the fuck is steamed okay? But grilled does not.
Speaker 1: Question the logic of just the thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not because sometimes you know, people order a huge steamed perch, you know, in an Asian restaurant, it's amazing. But grilled is just kind of depressing. Grilled fish, grilled flake.
Speaker 2: And I just can't handle the crumbed shit because there's never enough sin nidgy between the crumb and the fish.
Speaker 1: They need to get.
Speaker 4: Along, they need to stick together to cut them.
Speaker 3: Not a word of a line. I made crumbed fish for my family today. I went to the market. I had a something you two have never had. I had a fish craving.
Speaker 4: That was so fucking cheap, cheap shot.
Speaker 3: I went to the market and I got some what some what are that flat.
Speaker 1: Head flaggage asses.
Speaker 3: Took them home and crumbed them. As it turned out, because I'm living with five students, so oppressive, they all came out of the woodwork, all of them, and then my beautiful platter of fish was gone. I had two pitiful little pieces left.
Speaker 1: A crowd pleaser, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, great crumbed fish. I'll make it for you, Mitch.
Speaker 4: It was there synergy between the crumb and also.
Speaker 3: Doing it at home. Do your listeners care about this, idiots?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course the idiots like this.
Speaker 3: Okay, so corn flake crumbs the best crumb, superior crumb. Never tried that Panco. Sometimes that might be where you lose your synergy a Panco crumb, but it's too large a crumb.
Speaker 1: It's a bit crumb. I love that. This is the Kaitlin Brook legacy. I always see Melbourne socialites when they're sick. Joe Creasy, You'll go, I'm sick. I'm sick. Christy Swan Supers saved me. She dropped. She dropped off a metric ship turn at my front top. Okay, Caitlin Brook is just dropping off from grill.
Speaker 3: No, what is it?
Speaker 4: Crumb fish? Never crumb fish fish.
Speaker 1: That's your legacy.
Speaker 3: Very hard to drop off, it is it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you make? That's good? We spoke about it last time.
Speaker 4: Or you spoke about it.
Speaker 1: I think I've heard in the past you make a lasagna or a bolig Knaze, or Valvo does so.
Speaker 3: Valvo's mum lyan, you know, because his dad's Italian. Yes, Giuseppe couldn't be more Italian.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say, did you fucking make that up?
Speaker 3: Surely it sounds like it doesn't. Way, Lean makes a stunning ragu. Don't look at your fucking watch. I got that.
Speaker 1: No, I'll take it off and off watches off.
Speaker 3: It was that movie where he puts his grandfather's watch off his ass, and it's I.
Speaker 1: Think it's some war movie.
Speaker 4: Couldn't tell you you're going to leave that saint.
Speaker 3: Thank god you're here.
Speaker 1: Vietnam PTSD that pad and put puts a watch.
Speaker 3: It's a comedy.
Speaker 1: We've not so sounds it. Yeah, we haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: No, I promise you it is. Anyway you're looking at your watch.
Speaker 1: No, lady likes that I took it off. I listened.
Speaker 3: You took it off after you'd given it a good look.
Speaker 4: I checked the time.
Speaker 1: Is did you realize your story was thinking about Guseppe and his dumb rago? You went let me distract?
Speaker 3: Oh, No, it wasn't. It was actually not Giuseppe's ragu So see those things, yeah, not just for hooking youth sunglasses on, also for its Lynn's ragoo sh Anyway, she makes it stunning ragoot.
Speaker 1: I make a lot of food.
Speaker 3: I'm always feeding six people, now seven, Now that my eldest son's got a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would kill gypsy beautiful.
Speaker 3: John Wayne gaze what I said? Look at my own come in my catsman with that chat GPT.
Speaker 1: He does turn this on me? Can I just say every everything he said? Demituous, gorgeous hair, look at those nails. You called me fat.
Speaker 2: She's also heavily implied that I'm dumb. Don't worry, we're on the tame. I'm a boomerang beauty.
Speaker 1: Five years ago I thought, who is this? Now you're hot.
Speaker 3: I think you're beautiful. You've never been more beautiful. That's a compliment.
Speaker 2: And you know what her gorgeous co host Nate gives her ship. You know what he described her as He said, you look like someone that would smell like a dog. Yes, like you do smell like yeah, A look like someone that would which I feel is.
Speaker 4: Worse, so do I.
Speaker 3: It was the worst, and then he but here's the beauty of him. He didn't even realize how horrendous that was until I shrieked in horror. He didn't realize, and then he tried to act like that's not an insult, and then he goes, surprisingly, you always smell good. I made everything. He was just like he was like a man being marched to a shallow bush grave. He just kept digging.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, Well, I think the issue that is, you can change your smell, but you can't change if you look like you smell like a wet dog, can you. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so he has a go at me for wearing a lot of jewelry, for having a lot of cushions in my head.
Speaker 4: I tell you sorry to interrupt.
Speaker 2: One time I was walking along listening to your podcast, and I have my little moot pack on and I was going insane, being like, what is that in my bag that keeps chickling my Keith? And then I stopped talking and the jingling continued, and I was like, it's Kate's fucking wangle Pandora was going insane.
Speaker 3: By the way, Sasha French is here, come around here, She's just and you know what Sasha French hates going through security with me at the airport. All the bloodles and some of them are really hard to get, so you know that thing there are there's taking my epidermis off with them.
Speaker 4: Yep, I can't remember what I just interrupted. What were you saying, Kate, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He was saying. How Valvo insulted me? Yes, yes, yeah, We've got nothing but insult.
Speaker 1: We do love Valvo. If you haven't heard The buck Up, it's on iHeartRadio. Get it wherever you get your podcast Valvo. If you don't know who Nap is, brilliant Australian comedian, is very, very funny and you two together are fantastic. We love it.
Speaker 2: And I did say before that I reckon our idiots will love The buck Up because you've got a very similar mantra to us, because we end every episode with we just want people to feel at least two percent better.
Speaker 4: That's all just two percent, what's yours. It's similar.
Speaker 3: That's our money back guarantee, and money back guarantee is that you'll feel better at the end of it the podcast than you do at the start, no matter how good you were feeling. It's really good because also, you know, people are into true crime, into true crime.
Speaker 1: I know I don't understand into it sick and twisted, but I love it. I love Case File. I love that.
Speaker 3: Probably everyone loves it. But it's like then, the same people are like that, it's too much violence in the world. What do you think you've made it? You've made an industry out of it. Yeah, that's got to keep turning up those dead bodies under old floorboards or people ain't got nothing to listen to it.
Speaker 1: And we're running out of serial killers. You know, in the early days, I sug my teeth into Dharma. He killed thirty three, and they go, oh, what about Gasey killed this many. I watched on the other night when he killed he killed two. I thought, I'll turn this off.
Speaker 3: No, that's right. People can't keep up.
Speaker 1: No, they can't keep up. It's going to happen. What's next?
Speaker 3: Look at your watch, tell me what time.
Speaker 1: I'm distraught.
Speaker 2: The reason that your gorgeous produce a sash is loitering there is that cutting into your buck up called the buck up.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry. We should let her go, shouldn't we?
Speaker 3: Hey, Sash, what was that movie where the watch up comedy it's a comedy movie and he puts his grandfather's watch up his ars or he gives it to someone. Is it pulp fiction? She doesn't know the whites like, I'm mad. It's like making things.
Speaker 1: Aren't let me go?
Speaker 3: Why are you good?
Speaker 1: What am I googling? I didn't know.
Speaker 3: But Mitchell's normally googling.
Speaker 2: He is, but he's protest Google, like all sorts of unspeakable fucking things like big careful your algorithm is really yours.
Speaker 3: Probably won't change, Mitch during you know, I had watch.
Speaker 1: Up as anyway, I just had the war film in pulp Fiction nineteen ninety four. You're right there, you guy, the relate, relate relate.
Speaker 3: I mean, have you watched that film?
Speaker 4: Yes, you don't remember the watch the scene.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of that happens in that movie for that to be the takeaway.
Speaker 3: But also I think there isn't a lot of actors I think do that speech as an audition.
Speaker 1: As a monologue. I think I did it at seventeen. I wonder I didn't get accepted into Juilliard. That's a show I thought you would have done. Shakespeare O Fellow see I am. Don't start me and give me.
Speaker 3: A little something from your theater.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Kate, this was so long ago. I don't honestly the way my brain works and Mitch can attest to this. It's like one of those one of those edges sketches where like if I and a couple of days is a good bump for me, and I'm done, it's gone.
Speaker 3: Hip wrapping.
Speaker 1: That's me. Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 3: Once it's gone, it's only good fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog, we love you. Thank you for coming back. This will be your last time on is Just Me the podcast?
Speaker 3: I'm not that last time with the company of you two beautiful mitches.
Speaker 1: No, no, it won't be.
Speaker 3: But I love you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being You know what you. Kate did support us in the early days, didn't she, Mitchell.
Speaker 3: You know what. I love talent.
Speaker 1: I love talent. It's very sweet.
Speaker 3: I just think talent is Talent's not as common as the amount of podcasters would.
Speaker 4: Have you think.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, But true talent is an extraordinary, uplifting thing. And you two have it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Things And I loved my moments with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kate. So have we most requested guests to come back to because we asked the idiots and they said, Kateline Brook, do you have.
Speaker 4: A back name for your listeners?
Speaker 3: Buckwhip, bank knuckles, buckwheets, your buck knuckles, buck.
Speaker 4: Face, our buck face.
Speaker 1: Buck face is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Anyway, that's what that. We've got our people and we're happy to welcome your idiots.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they'll be right at home.
Speaker 1: They'll be mygrading over to the buck up. Katelyn Brook and Nathan Alvo. We love you, Katie, thanks for coming back.
Speaker 4: Love you, love you Bye Darling Bye.
Speaker 3: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 4: Podcast by a couple of Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast