Speaker 1: It's the pick up right around Australia. Thursday afternoon, it's Britt, Laura and mitchere rushing to Chemist's Warehouse right for half price off vitamins and cosmetics, teas and sees apply Chemist's Warehouse. I'll give you great savings every day. Ask our pat.
Speaker 2: Well Thursday means therapy. Thursday means ask uncut. Where you guys riding or calling with your deepest, darkest burning questions. We do our best to answer them. And we have Bella on the line with a bit of a conundrum in her family.
Speaker 1: Hey Bella, Hey, what's your problem? Right?
Speaker 3: My favorite trio Bella.
Speaker 2: We don't want to pay these people to say.
Speaker 3: This, Okay. I've got had a bit of a rocky year relationship with my sister. Over the years, I'm starting to get really frustrated with her. She's really selfish and she's seemingly only contacting me when she wants something, so just for example, like when she wants to borrow money, or she wants me to look after her kids, or she wants to use something of mine. I have got another sister who I am, I'm close with, and she sort of feels like she's getting the same treatment that we're just keeping the peace for Mom's sake. She has gotten emotional about it in the past. I just don't know if I should say something to her or I should start saying no. What should I do?
Speaker 4: Is she you're younger or your older sister, my older sister, your oldest.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think this one comes down to the intent behind what she's asking you. Like if if a family member is asking for money because they're in a really tricky situation, I feel like it's pretty hard to say no too. But if you know she's really negligent with her money otherwise, like you know she's buying a handbag, or she's frivolously spending her money, she.
Speaker 3: Doesn't go without we'll put it that way.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's different, And that's where I think you can say no. I think you can be like, I'm I'm a bit strapped this week, But if you know she can't put food on the table for the kids, it's a different story. But if she's out there spending the money, I think you can be like, oh, I'm actually really tight this week.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But even that, I think it comes down to feeling a bit used and feeling like you're not valued or respect it. I think like a big part of this is it's not so much about the giving, it's the fact that the only time she's making an effort is when it's to be taking something. Is Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Totally. I feel like it's just a bit of a one way street, Like it's never really like a check in to see how you're going. Like, as soon as I see her calling, I just know that she's going to ask for something.
Speaker 4: If you were to cut off your relationship with your sister, and that would also mean that you wouldn't have any relationship with your nephews or nieces, Is that something that you're prepared to sacrifice because you know that will affect everything I know?
Speaker 3: And I really do love her babies. So that's like the thing that is making it really tough.
Speaker 4: What happens when you tell your mom that you're wanting to like put some separation between your friendship and your relationship with your sister.
Speaker 3: Oh, she gets really upset about it. She has only got one sibling herself who she is no longer in touch with, So that's like, I'm just another thing that really upset her to get along.
Speaker 4: Has anyone sat I mean, has that ever been like an intervention? Have you ever sat her down and explained how you're feeling? Has your mum ever explained how anyone's feeling? Because it kind of seems like maybe a bit of a hard conversation needs to be happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not for a long time, but like maybe it's reaching that point again.
Speaker 2: That's too hard for me. I wouldn't sit my sibling down and say, I feel like you use me all the time, back off. I just I just ghost. No.
Speaker 4: I think the best thing to do now is before you do try and like put some separation in your relationship. I think, sit down, have a conversation, let her know how it makes you feel. It'll probably buy you another six months and she'll be on best behavior, and then it might go back to being the same thing.
Speaker 2: Like write a list so you're prepared of stuff that you know she owns that she could sell that she doesn't need, so when she asks you for money'd be like, hey, you know that Gucci handbag.
Speaker 4: That's worth.
Speaker 3: Sauna was so.
Speaker 2: Exactly there.
Speaker 4: Don't break up the friendship because you should be over her house using that in for it.
Speaker 1: So amen's the worst? All right, Bella, Well that was bog Bill. Just send us your medicare details, organize the rebate. Also, Bella, you are well.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, things might not be good in the family household at the moment, but we do have something that will cheer you up a little bit. We have two tickets to the Life Uncut Live show at whatever show is closest to you that you can take.
Speaker 2: But maybe you can take your sister, take your other sister.
Speaker 1: Not the problem.
Speaker 3: I will thank you so much. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Welcome, no worries. We love you to bits. Enjoy the show, all right. Next on the pick up, I'm single, my single era. I'm going on dates, ladies, and I haven't told you about my most recent date, and I'll tell you next. But all I'm going to say is just picture me in the middle of the rain, on my hands and knees, crawling through the street.
Speaker 4: No one wants to This is very notebook.
Speaker 1: Ess case, it was very romantic. Something happened that I need to get you across to you. Next on the pickup,