Speaker 1: It's rare in modern day that you try to google an answer to something and can't find it. So I need everybody's help today to figure out what is going on at the end of the Dingley Bypass. As we drove down the peninsula this weekend, we went past this scene. It's like two light aircraft rusting away in long grass and then a two or three story pyramid next to it, and the whole thing looks like a scene out of Mad Max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is very strange. Patsy Right, there's a busy old stretch there, that Dingy Bypass, so it lowest goes to school and all that every day, and every time I'm on it, I wondered, what's the story?
Speaker 1: Yes, how did they get there?
Speaker 2: There's something crash.
Speaker 1: It looks like the planes might have crashed, like from one hundred years ago. And then it looks like a dystopian future, but only for this like twenty twenty meters.
Speaker 2: It's either a Radiohead video from the nineties there's been a crash there, or it's a cult camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like they crashed.
Speaker 2: It's a pyramid. I'm like, what is that. A lot of these cult leaders they use pyramids don't they love a pyramid. They're either satin one having sex with their followers. But there's there's a pyramid and there's nudity.
Speaker 1: It's as if the survivors of the plane.
Speaker 2: Is there a sex cult in Dingley. I'm just gonna say it now, call him.
Speaker 1: The survivors of the plane crash couldn't get off the island, and not like an island out of the ocean, but like the physical island in the middle of the road, and they built a pyramid to survive in.
Speaker 2: The plane crash. Something may have crashed on it. Because there's Marabin Airport where they have a lot of people on their l's.
Speaker 1: Do they really Is that where you learn to fly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not uncommon for planes to come around sort of come down near there. You often see for the pyramids, Yeah, yeah, there's a little ding on the way down of them. When you're driving past Marabin Airport, you can spot like the learners, they're just a little bit wobbly coming in and you're like, bloody hell, I guess they've got to learn the.
Speaker 1: First time flying a plane. I mean, it's scary the first time you drive a car, but the first time flying a plane is and.
Speaker 2: You're alone up there. A friend of mine right his new thing last year, his news resolution was to learn how to fly right. And caught up with him about sort of a couple of months and two last year, and I said, how's it going with the lessons? He went halfway through the first one, I read, this is the end of it. He says, it's just so terrifying because you go up there and this and you're really close together and were two seated things, you know, And he said, it's all there's the controls are just too floppy like they you know, And he goes, you ever go with this? And the thing that's sort of it's got it's not sturdy with the runners. The runners all were just like not tightened up. It's all just floppy. And he just kept looking at this guy, going, please don't die up here. If anything, what happens, if something happens to you? How do I? How do I go home? Can I am I just flying forever? Like for years until it run out? And he ends up in that pyramid grade there is it? Just another learner that never made it? So has anyone got any information? It's two really old knackered planes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're deteriorating, rusting away. What are the plane doing there? And even one that's that pyramids?
Speaker 2: Going on with that pyramid? Who got here, mao? Maybe she can tell us more. Come on in, mao.
Speaker 3: Good morning guys. How are you so?
Speaker 2: What do you know about the strangeness going on that Dingley Bypass?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So what's going on at the Dingley Bypass? Is it used to be an old paintball center?
Speaker 2: Well, that is high concept. Why would you want to have all that's mysterious about the Egyptian pyramids stuff firing paintball is hiding behind the sphinx? Uch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they used to have lots of different themes and it was a big business back in the late eighties early nineties.
Speaker 1: Yea, So people with paintle right by the side of the road there.
Speaker 3: It never used to be the bypass. It literally used to be in the middle of.
Speaker 2: Thinking the bypass has always been there.
Speaker 1: It's a new boy past one stage. Some planners have drawn and mapped right through the paintball feel, yes, and then.
Speaker 3: The periods out of the way.
Speaker 2: So can you go paint still go paintballing there by the sphinxes and the older army planes.
Speaker 3: No, that one has been closed down for a long time, but.
Speaker 2: They're closed down. Don't have to clear it up or take that crap with you. You can't just leave it there. If you move our house, you know you have to take your stuff with you. It can't all just stay out the front.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously when the government wants to put a bypass through, you might as well just leave your stuff behind.
Speaker 2: No, so can we just go and take one of the perils can we have outside the front of him at the radio Station'd be a great talking point some ratdom magician swingers.
Speaker 3: I love seeing that go on your car down the highway.
Speaker 2: We can tow it well, well, thank you very much. Out So it used to be a paintball in place?
Speaker 3: Yes, it surely did, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Solve the mystery, Mell