Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell's show podcast ty three Topic Tuesday, Well, we do three phone ins at the same time.
Speaker 2: I'm loving hearing about these food pilgrimages. Patsy just gave us this with the fact that she travels from this hour and a half round trip to get this gravy all the way from an IgA. She drives forty minutes to forty minutes back. We only been talking about food pilgrimages. We never would have heard about these amazing donuts out in Bendigo. So foods pilgrimages wrongly accused doing this after young Jackie Boy shared a heartbreaking story with us yesterday, but when he was a young lad being wrongly accused.
Speaker 3: When I was twelve years old, our family home got broken into and only a few little things were taken CD walkman, an inexpensive watch. And after it happened and we got home and found out things were missing, Mum looked at me and said, and remember I'm only twelve years old. She said, did you need money for anything? As implying was this year that stole the goods from the family home?
Speaker 4: And so on?
Speaker 3: I was twelve. What does a twelve year old need money.
Speaker 2: For you weren't a tear away or anything.
Speaker 3: I thought I was a good kid.
Speaker 2: But your mum is a lovely woman. Why she I guess you must have something must have been going on with you where she thought he's a potential thief.
Speaker 3: Just vigilant about crossing off all suspects. Maybe, but it stayed with me for a long time that my mom thought I could have committed the cross.
Speaker 2: So food perilchimmage is wrongly accused, and I wish I still had my what do you wish you still had from your past? Rina?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning Christian, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good, welcome to the show. And three time a Tuesday wish one he you calling it about me?
Speaker 1: Wrongly accused, And more than fifty years later, I'm still it still gets to me what happened. So I was in primary school in grade two and a boy in my plants, and I still remember nineteen stole my pencil and I went to the teacher and said he'd stolen my pencil, and he denied it. I got sent to clip for lying, and I had to sit with all the clips that were two years below me with them for the for the morning, and at lunchtime I ran home and told my dad and he came up to the school and confronted this boy who who wanted that he had stolen my pencil.
Speaker 2: Yes, a giant man basically tells a small child, Wow, wait, Rena. This stuff stays. It stays in you, doesn't it. I can feel thee the anguish about being wrongly accused, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I won't tell you my age, but like a fifty years later and I still remember.
Speaker 2: That anytime a pencil it sets, it triggers you, you know, seeing one of those little lead pencils.
Speaker 1: And how embarrassing in your I don't know, seven or right to go and sit with five year old in school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're quite right. Sometimes some shows I want chat to go and do that. It has me to do this more than you, Jack, But you have those prep kids. Better show tomorrow, please. It's what we called the Rina punishment. Rina.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You call I hope this has haunt in some way like a therapy.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I don't go with it. Joe t T I right, Joe, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning christ and good morning guy, jo Jo.
Speaker 2: What are you doing Friday. Do you fancy kind of bend to go with us? We're going to get donuts. We're trying to form a posit.
Speaker 4: I'd love to, but no way that early.
Speaker 2: No way, yes, can't come on donuts. We're going for Downers. Joe wish Whey cooling in about food pilgrimages.
Speaker 4: I made a food pilgrimage, so a few years ago now before kids went, being spontaneous with a lot easier. We woke up one Saturday morning and felt like a pie. So we googled where the best pie in the state one and we then drove two and a half hours to ruther Glen to buy a curried chicken pie.
Speaker 2: This is amazing, This is amazing. How do you sum up what it's like before and after kids? We've got time to a five hour road trip on a where to go and have a great pie.
Speaker 4: And it was amazing, amazing, It was well worth the drive. We tend to We still do our little pilgrimages, but they're a lot closer to home now with the three kids.
Speaker 2: Just go down the road to Red Roofs Cow Text the Local Chickens, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast