Speaker 1: Welcome to them. Christian o'connel show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, I'll make various notes on napkins. Sometimes I write on my hand and stuff thought I might want to talk about on the show. Otherwise you just forget it right and there's nothing ready to add to this.
Speaker 3: But I just want to give credit worse to you.
Speaker 2: I've just written down here after watchingquit a bit of footy over the weekend, great comeback by the Bombers and then the DS game yesterday. Nathan Buckley brilliant commentator.
Speaker 4: I've loved the edition of Buckley on Fox.
Speaker 3: We're our sports show.
Speaker 2: But when someone's doing a really great job, I think it deserves calling out, and he's doing an amazing job. That is all I've got on that. I hope it gets back to him. But I think you're doing a great job there, mister Bucks. All right, So over the weekend, you know, we do more. Hopefully you're not working too much, bit less than Monday to Friday, and sometimes you do more with all the best intentions. You have good intention. On the weekend, you've still got to do a lot of extra housework and stuff like that. Today, I want to know who else like Jack, and I for reasons to share in a minute, is in the weekend foul club where you tried something and it just hasn't worked.
Speaker 3: If that's you, whether it's a big, reasons, more reason, medium, just more, give us a call.
Speaker 2: Why are you in the weekend foul club this weekend?
Speaker 3: Jack? What's happened to you?
Speaker 4: I have something that's still making me feel physically sick.
Speaker 3: What happened? Gordon?
Speaker 4: My new son, got sent a present to the radio station on Friday, and it was this cute little toy and book pack, all packaged up to look like a great This company called Riffraff who make the Teddies. Okay, lovely gift. He's already, I said last week. He's already got so many toys and books and stuff. So I thought, you know what. My next door neighbor just had a baby and they're bringing him home from the hospital today. I'll be the first person to give him a gift and I'll leave it on their doorstep.
Speaker 3: They've got to say nicely done.
Speaker 4: Which I did. They sent me a photo of the Teddy last night and it has Gordon embroidered.
Speaker 3: That's worse the tag being attached to it. Jack Jack, and we're not.
Speaker 4: We're not im so close with them that it is a funny thing to laugh.
Speaker 2: Not just that right, they will tell everyone they know. Right, they will tell everyone they know who will tell everyone they know. We're about a marketing team about to launch a brand new marketing wave. Cancel it because the big just talking town is right. If you regifted a baby.
Speaker 4: Toy, I don't even like.
Speaker 2: Remember a couple of weeks ago where you and I said off fair about someone who'd they regifted something at a wedding tight wedding gifts, and someone just put the original they'd regifted someone.
Speaker 3: They had the tag on it with somebody else's name on.
Speaker 2: I should have liked, And we were like, oh, they couldn't spend ten seconds just putting the tag off for checking.
Speaker 4: But I did. I look over the card and I gotta get rid of the card. But the teddy was in the box. I should have opened up the box. He's tummy was eloy.
Speaker 3: What did you apply to the message I had?
Speaker 4: I was going to say, I was going to say, they is Gordon and it's named after our baby.
Speaker 3: And I thoughtful bag story.
Speaker 4: You just have to admit sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, does your wife know you did? Yes?
Speaker 4: And now we're now we're going to make them lasagnia this week.
Speaker 3: And get move on. In fact, move house.
Speaker 4: The only way out of this really is to move house. You're right.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Jack's story is so.
Speaker 2: Horrific, And I think, if we're honest, most of us have regifted. All right, most of us have regifted. But when you're caught out, so have.
Speaker 3: You just tuned in?
Speaker 2: Please tell them again? I hope it's not too painful. This is awful and the worst thing for all Jackie boy is he's been caught out regifting. And they're the neighbors that you're next door to your crime.
Speaker 4: I'd want to avoid them. Are all cops casts all week? And I was looking at my window to see if they were walking.
Speaker 3: The basis of a sitcom, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Essentially? My son Gordon, who's seven weeks old, got sent a teddy in a box that was all boxed up and gift wrapped by this company called riff Raff. Thank you so much for sending it.
Speaker 3: But I thought I might need another one now.
Speaker 4: I thought I would take advantage of a perfectly hey wrapped.
Speaker 3: What's the neighbors could called.
Speaker 4: His name's Lonnie riff Raff.
Speaker 2: You've got the address. You want to know a couple of cheeky few plugs Lonnie l.
Speaker 4: O N N I E. That would have saved me a lot of hassle.
Speaker 3: There you go, there's an easy way to get out of this. I put.
Speaker 2: They must hand over the evidence, all right. I'm gonna tell them there's better not be any copies of this because they've got photos they'd be sharing all their friends.
Speaker 3: The guy next door on the radio regifted so.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, I gifted them this teddy, not realizing that had Gordon embroidered on the front.
Speaker 2: I've just seen the photo. It's like a blanket attached this beautiful little cuddly toy in big letters, says Gordon. All right, so it's such a bad story of being caught out regifting. I think, actually, we ditch your weekend fail. We're onto biggest territory here now, we're big game hunting. I just want to hear about the stories about being caught out. Being caught out, whether it's in a lie or something is awful, isn't it. It's stay with you that on your soul. You can be having a really nice time and all of a sudden, it's like your subconscious bubbles up. Hey, what about that time when you're like, oh God, why now?
Speaker 4: It's one of those feelings that each morning this week weekend, as I've waken up, I've gone, why is there something wrong in the world?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the implied teddy teddy, the neighbors. You know you're going to see them today, all can't? You can't.
Speaker 2: I will be going to see them. I remember about fifteen years ago, when iPads was still quite a thing. In facts, probably a bit older than fifteen years ago. I was sent one of those little iPod minis, right, and I had an iPod and.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh, it's so my nephew's birthday coming up.
Speaker 2: Until his time, I'll give that to him, right, And it just was just like a little mini iPod, And so I sent it to him.
Speaker 3: And then the day after he went, oh was this sent to you? Uncle Chris? You're going, oh, if.
Speaker 2: He's asking that this kits on to me, he's got me on the life.
Speaker 3: He knows you look off the distance. I just scratching my chine on a divine bs. Oh. Jack, I go.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I got that because I was just it's engraved with your name.
Speaker 3: On the book.
Speaker 4: Remember me, I gave you that one?
Speaker 3: Oh your new one.
Speaker 1: God the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey Patsy, Yeah, I'm cale Arthur.
Speaker 4: Oh yes that's right. Thank you for putting me out of my misery.
Speaker 2: Patsy took us down a detail an hour ago about what the uncle was called in the TV show, but which you should have been there are for six the fun we have while you're all sleep in Melbourne. Thank you very much, Sisten Benjamin Dodds working hard as a remote producer for us.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're talking about being.
Speaker 2: Caught out after Jack got caught out in it quite a way, quite a way actually regifting over the weekend, caught out by his neighbors, which is even worse.
Speaker 4: A regifted the teddy that I didn't know was already in the box with my son's name embroidered across the front.
Speaker 3: It's going to be my go to if anyone I ever hear someone talk about red Jack post. Let me tell you this story.
Speaker 2: That is a story ready to go now and you're going to see them this week. And there's going to be some awkward bants around it.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're on a mission now to get him a new present, and we're going to cook them on this awful.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it's good to send you, but it's just like it looks like.
Speaker 2: You're trying too hard. It underlines the original crime. All right, let's see your stories about being caught out on nine four one one four three Annie, good morning, and.
Speaker 6: Good morning Christian. I was actually the victim for one of a better word one Christmas. I was a present from an I should say ex system law and it was a gift tex from the body shop, which I gifted heard year before.
Speaker 3: That's up there with Jack's.
Speaker 2: Actually Oh my god, there's regifting and then giving them back.
Speaker 3: That's a power move. Do you think she did it on purpose?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure, but I was thinking opened. I thought, oh this is nice, and you know, two seconds later, hang on a kick, I gave it to their life.
Speaker 4: Yes, this looks familiar.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I remember my wife got me a shirt for my birthday and the following year got me exact same make, brand, size, color.
Speaker 7: And I just said nothing. It still hangs up next to to the same light and thank you very much.
Speaker 3: She called, that's great one. I'll give you pair tickets go to a gold class. I love that.
Speaker 5: Oh brilliant.
Speaker 6: Thanks Christian.
Speaker 2: We all heard about ex partners, haven't we? And that put an X sister in law. And let's go to James here. Good morning, James.
Speaker 5: Great, Christy, there you go.
Speaker 2: I'm good, you had a great weekend. Welcome to the show. What is your story then of being caught out?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So right, used to work behind the taste culture and they used to they used to kind like a deli section at the front. I used to sell produce and flowers and things like that as well. At the end of the every day they throw out all the flowers. But they you know, they didn't sell, and they're chuckling in the dumpster at the back, which was right in front of my house.
Speaker 3: We can now just join the dot. So you're in the dumpster, so I'm in.
Speaker 5: Then used to get fresh flowers a lot of the time.
Speaker 3: I bet she did. Yeah, And so one.
Speaker 5: Afternoon I've plimbed out of this dumpster with a nice set of roses and looked up at my girlfriend who's across the road on the balcony with her arm soles.
Speaker 3: And you know me and on those long range tell.
Speaker 5: You for I'm looking like some lost dog in defensive. Flowers are.
Speaker 2: Bad. You're quite right. The flowers freshness isn't the problem. It's the fact that you're rummaging around like a little.
Speaker 3: Coyote there in the bin. Yeah, that's great one.
Speaker 2: I'm antously going to give you gold class double plastic k to go to a village cinemaus. Well done, James, great story. I don't know if anyone else has got any more stories about why you're in the dumpster, but my now new favorite phone in this week is going to be why were you in the dumpster? If you've got a story just about being in a dumpster, well I just want to know the first part, Why were you in the dumpster?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast