Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Here we are Hello, Hello, Hello, bye, Barbie.
Speaker 3: I can who are you speaking to the two of you?
Speaker 2: You're Barbie.
Speaker 3: I think you're more Barbie than that web.
Speaker 2: Radio Barbie work, Yeah, working, mum, Barbie, exhausted Barbie.
Speaker 4: Bobby comes in all different shapes and flavors these days. Do you know what you gave my little Lola? She's two years old. You gave her a Barbie backpack and she is obsessed with that?
Speaker 2: Does she like it?
Speaker 4: Obsessed? I haven't yet explained to her that it was actually just some paraphernalia from a gay party that you had. Everyone was dressed very inappropriately.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's information she needs to ever.
Speaker 4: I did disinfect it, though, bef when you gave it to me.
Speaker 2: I think they did with it that part you were at the part now, I had a Barbie party with all my gay friends about six months ago. I had all this leftover Barbie stuff, so I gave it to your girls, Laura, and that is I think there might still be like half a bottle of tequila in that thing in the side pocket.
Speaker 4: You've got to turn it seventeen condoms.
Speaker 3: That's why she loves us so much.
Speaker 2: This is great. Yeah, everyone's talking Barbie at the moment. It's it's everywhere people are talking Barbie, and they're talking celeb breakups this week. I don't want to say I'm a trendsetter, but one celeb broke up and announced it on the Pickup only a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Ago aka Mitch Cheery. Oh thank you, that's so so kind and swere you celebrity loosely.
Speaker 2: But today and this week there's been a string of celebt breakups. I think there's a bit of a conspiracy theory in the air. So some of your favored couples too, So I'll see you all about it next. Also, Taylor Swift tickets. You've got them in your hand, right.
Speaker 4: Laura, waving them around a whole row.
Speaker 2: I know you're chance at a full row of Taylor's tickets to Eras the World tour coming up on the Pickup. Happy Wednesday. We're back on the pick Up Wednesday afternoon with Britt, Laura and Mitch rushing to Chemist House to get half price off the Go Healthy Vitamin range and excludes both sizes Chemist Warehouse, Great savings every day. Listen, there's something in the air at the moment. People, it's not love. It's not love. It's the opposite of love. Couples dying left, right, and center. It is the era of the breakup. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Dying is a little bit traumatic, and the relationship's dying. Relationship is dead, buried rest.
Speaker 2: And I want to say I started this trend.
Speaker 4: Go away from me if it's catching.
Speaker 2: No. Who announced their breakup publicly? Me months ago? He did. It was emotional. I felt for him.
Speaker 1: I don't know about the third person thing. I think you could start to refer to yourself as I you.
Speaker 2: I was sad, but his spurred on a string of so of their breakups. Only in the last seven days. Sophiagara from Modern Family, she broke up with her husband of seven years, Joe men Janello yesterday. Wow, they're done. And that's sad for you, Laura.
Speaker 4: I love her. I don't really know much about him, but I just want her to be happy.
Speaker 2: Well, they were married. He's in true blood, he's in magic mind.
Speaker 3: She's pretty happy. She's the highestped actress in the world.
Speaker 4: She's doing all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the divorce. They officially announced their divorce. It is done.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's very sad. That happened quickly. What about Ricky Martin and his husband?
Speaker 2: Oh so, yeah, you heard about that. Ricky Martin and Juan Joseph they released a joint statement. Couples love a joint statement, don't they. They released a joint statement saying we are done after six years of marriage. They're done.
Speaker 4: Usually it's the conscious uncoupling, though, isn't it?
Speaker 3: That was though? That was they've got kids.
Speaker 2: I want drama though. Ariana Grande and Dalton Gomez they split up baby after allegations of cheating.
Speaker 3: Who who cheated on?
Speaker 4: Whom?
Speaker 2: Dalton cheated on? Grande shut the front at a party apparently she's filming Wicked in the UK. He flew over to apologize and she said, you get.
Speaker 1: A cheat on, Ariana Grande.
Speaker 4: I mean it just goes. It's got nothing to do with looks, does it. Cheating's got nothing to do with looks?
Speaker 2: What about this is eleven couple? This will shake you. Taylor Swift and Matt Healy. We know that they broke up in the last month.
Speaker 4: Weren't they only dating for like three weeks?
Speaker 2: Still a breakup?
Speaker 3: They're still a breakup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we won't minimize that, But that was because all the swifties hated him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't like him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't like heally for him.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest celeb couple yet Barricade, the woman married to EDWARDA the ghost. Oh, you guys, aren't Barricade.
Speaker 4: What happened to Barricade?
Speaker 2: You know about Barricade, the woman who married a ghost?
Speaker 4: That celebrity wedding about the woman who married a ghost?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Correct, don't you know about this?
Speaker 4: Did they break up?
Speaker 2: Oh? Barrecade sent shockwaves around the world when she married EDUARDA the forty year old, devilish, handsome soldier that she married. He's a ghost. He's not real.
Speaker 4: Oh where's he from?
Speaker 2: Everyone's talking about. Well, apparently a forty year old soldier burst into her room on a stormy night and they got married after only five months of knowing each other, and they had their wedding on Halloween of last year. It's the only one could talk.
Speaker 4: Did they break up because he ghosted her? It was too easy, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: That was very funny?
Speaker 4: Is so funny?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But they got divorces. No, because she'd be going through a lot.
Speaker 2: You know what she said? She said he got so drunk on their honeymoon he started getting very possessive.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon? She could just see straight through his ship.
Speaker 2: He developed an unsettling fascination with Marilyn Monroe. Then Barricade said that EDWARDA would disappear for days and then he'd come back smelling of Chanelle number five, which is Marilyn Monroe's signature. Sat he'd been having a ghostly affair, a gooly affair.
Speaker 4: I've got the sheep here. While she tried to put boundaries on her new husband, they only sent him into anger, So I don't have a Satay decided to return to the chapel where they exchanged their vowels, only to perform an exorcism.
Speaker 2: Correct, this is why. So they didn't get a divorced, they got exercised. So, which is what I'm doing at the moment too, So it must be.
Speaker 4: She's also in her hotel.
Speaker 2: Error now, if you want Taylor Swift tickets, she's single now and she's coming to Australia. Era's tour is heading down Under. If you want a full row of tickets, it is yours to back into this on the pick up. It's Wednesday, Britt, Laura and mitchead into the Chemist's warehouse today get great savings every day.
Speaker 4: Now, this is a little bit more of a serious one, I feel like over the last few years, especially since COVID, there's been more and more conversations around loneliness and people feeling lonely. You know, COVID definitely didn't help with that, but it's not something that's just miraculously gone away. Now. There was an article that came out from ABC News recently. Doctor Michelle Lim, she studies loneliness, and she was talking about how it used to be described as this thing that we would experience, but they've done research now that shows just how much loneliness can actually affect your physical health. Studies have shown that loneliness can increase the risk of death by twenty six percent. It was so wild, twenty six percent. And they've likened it these feelings of loneliness, the impact it can have on your body, to being as deadly as smoking a half pack of cigarettes every day.
Speaker 2: That is crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's crazy to me that you can kind of put like a physical effect of something like loneliness, but we all know what and how huge that feeling is when you're in the middle of it and your experience all consuming.
Speaker 2: It takes up every part of your being that in your stomach you feel with loneliness, and loneliness is a weird emotion because it's something that i've you know, I've felt recently in the last couple of months. You go, you get hit with the loneliness, right, you go, I'm lonely. But then when you start to unpack why you're lonely, that makes it worse because you go, why, I'm lonely because I'm working too much, or I'm lonely because I feel like I don't know enough friends, I'm lonely because I feel overweight, And then every part of that becomes even more depressing, and it's a death spiral.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the reason they link it to the like it's the same as half a pack of cigarettes to day is because physiologically, it completely impacts your body. It increases heart disease, high blood pressure, dementia, increases mental health issues like depression and anxiety, which I feel like we've known about the depression and anxiety for a long time. It's the actual physical impacts that really shook me. The fact that literally heart disease.
Speaker 4: Can develop from loneliness.
Speaker 3: It's a really scary thing.
Speaker 4: But I also tr I mean, we live in such a digital age. We live in an age that's meant to be completely connected. We have access to people whenever we want, whoever we want, whenever we want it right, it's so instantaneous. But I think it's also led to an even bigger caveat because instead of us having community, going out and seeing people face to face, we live so much of our lives behind screens. And I think that's why Traditionally, when we would think of loneliness, we would think of how much it affects the elderly people who are you know, they're being shipped off into homes and now they don't have any friends or family around. But the biggest and high rate of loneliness is actually around and amongst young people. So people between age fifteen and twenty four are reporting the highest rates of loneliness. And it makes you just think we're now going to have this whole generation of young people who are growing up in the world and feeling lonely and having these physiological effects.
Speaker 1: It doesn't surprise me the age thing at all, because I think it links quite highly to social media use and the people using social media, and the fact that social media keeps you connected. It's a bit of a double edged sword, keeps you need when you're at home and you're feeling lonely, But then you hang up from social media, you put your phone away, and you realize it's not real.
Speaker 3: They're not really there.
Speaker 1: Half those people don't know who you are or care about you, So it's a bit of a false sense of stegurey y.
Speaker 2: But those things aren't even connection. It's comparing. You compare yourself, and you think it's a false sense of connection. Half the people I follow I've never met, I'm never going to meet.
Speaker 4: It's also a false sense of validation as well. The people that you're getting likes and comments and stuff from, for the most part, are people that you don't know. They're not people whose opinions and feelings truly should matter to you. But we have a warped sense of where that priority sits now because we've been conditioned to think that likes, comments, and follows have any impact on our value as a person.
Speaker 2: So what do we do. What's the answer to this? Does it go out talk to more people have a conversation.
Speaker 3: I really think it is.
Speaker 1: I think it's about recognizing that you've gotten and then maybe seeking some kind of help for it a especially if it's the mental side. If you are getting depression and anxiety, speak to somebody.
Speaker 3: But I think there's a lot that we can do. Sometimes you have to force yourself outside of your.
Speaker 1: Comfort zone and you might be sitting at home being like, there is nothing I could think of worse than going out right now and socializing.
Speaker 3: But once you're there, you have a good time and you love it.
Speaker 1: So sometimes it's about making yourself do something you might not feel like doing, and putting yourself in an environment with other people, lean on your friends, meet your friend's friends, start a new hobby or a sport.
Speaker 4: And I also think it's being really aware of what your friends are going through and people in your life, because sometimes when you're already in that spiral of feeling lonely and all those other awful thoughts come in, you know, it's very hard to pull yourself out of it. So if you have friends or family members and you think maybe they're going through a little bit of a hard time at the moment, it's about reaching out. It's about being that one to really put in the effort and be there and show up in people's lives who we love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed. And of course, if you or anyone you know is struggling with loneliness or depression, thirteen eleven fourteen, that's Lifeline's number. You can call them anytime, any day. All right. Next, brit what's going on with you and your dog? I feel like there's a divorce happening in your life.
Speaker 1: I'm yes, it's pretty touch and go at the moment. We are in a bit of a shared custody battle.
Speaker 4: Oo wow with her your ex.
Speaker 5: It's worse than that. It's more complicated than that. There's multiple people involved.
Speaker 2: It might lose her dog, Delilah. That's insane.
Speaker 3: That is a great book, Witch, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm very quite proud of it. The verdict. Next, I have a pickup. Welcome back to the pickup with Brett, Laura and Mitch. Thanks to Chemist's Warehouse. Rush into Chemists ware House to get half price off the Go Healthy vitamin range. Laura, I was at your house and you have a whole bunch of Go Healthy vitamins. You just you love them.
Speaker 4: Because I take care of myself from the inside.
Speaker 2: House so defensive.
Speaker 4: I know she's so shocked.
Speaker 2: Go and buy some and excludes box sizes at chemist Warehouse. Great savings every day.
Speaker 3: My dog is the apple of my eye.
Speaker 1: I love her very dearly, and you guys give me a hard time about how much she means to me. But there's a problem that I want to talk about because it's really bothering me. I'm currently like a child. I'm currently going through like a really big shared custody issue.
Speaker 4: And this is because you used to own Delilah with your ex. Is this the thing I would.
Speaker 5: Think that that is what the shed custody is about.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what it's about. Okay, let me just set the scene for a hot little second. Delilah has had an amazing dog walker, and the dog walker had to go away for six months, which is quite a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, God forbid you walk your own dog.
Speaker 1: For six months at work, Mitch, because I would never leave her home alone.
Speaker 3: So she has a dog.
Speaker 2: She's a menace, a working dogs made. Have you ever seen her work?
Speaker 4: She's a working dog. She's a working dog who lives.
Speaker 2: That's what it's called a Christmas casual at working.
Speaker 3: This is why I can't come chy guys with my problem.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry if we Laura and I are upset for you. What's happened?
Speaker 3: How a dog walker? The dog walk went away for six months.
Speaker 1: I had to find a new dog walker for that time.
Speaker 3: Found the new dog walker. It's only two days a week. The new dog walkers amazing.
Speaker 1: Delilah slot write in she knows all the other dogs on the dog walkers like play.
Speaker 3: It's like playgroup for your kids.
Speaker 2: Where's the problem? This sounds great now?
Speaker 1: The dog walker came back six months later. She goes, I'm back and I was like, oh. She's like, I'm ready to take her back. And I was like, but I don't want to disrupt her schooling and her days and stuff like that. So I was like, maybe I'll just keep her with who she is. She knows that I know it.
Speaker 4: It's easy.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: Then she up said she's like, I really want her back, and I was like, okay, you can have her. But then now the dog was like, but but I love her too.
Speaker 2: You dog walker goes, but I also love her, yes.
Speaker 1: And I just want what's best for Delilah At the end of the day right now that both dog walkers want her, and so it became this three way group chat about what we're going to do, who we're going.
Speaker 3: To have her, why we're going to have a surely.
Speaker 4: You just pick you're the dog's owner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I've said it and shared custody because I feel so bad and Delilah is so amazing.
Speaker 4: Everyone just wants her in their life. Delilah has three months.
Speaker 2: Now's awakened dog. She doesn't have time for this stress in her life and.
Speaker 1: Now she's got so I said, let's we had to go to the court of WhatsApp group chat with all of us and we decided on a settlement that who's going to take her when? So we're trialing that it's the settlement. The new said, I'm gonna started this week.
Speaker 4: How did you mediate this? Well, we just we just gave.
Speaker 1: Each other days, right, and they've got pickups, they've got the time ins, and everyone's amazing, like we're all friends. It was just this really like underlying like who wants to take Delilah? But now I'm getting it's like they're up in the ante with the photos of like how much fun Delilah has it each day. So I'm getting like all these like feedback about how much fun she's having.
Speaker 3: To date.
Speaker 1: The pictures I'm getting not just normal pictures. These are taken on portrait mode.
Speaker 4: Wait, so the two dog walkers are now competing to prove that they are the best of the two dog walkers.
Speaker 3: I think So I got a photo today.
Speaker 5: She was in a Mexican sombrero hat.
Speaker 3: She had a party. Yeah, she was in a burrito.
Speaker 2: Job. Actually she's working the But.
Speaker 3: Then I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is a problem, and now I have to sort out who has you.
Speaker 2: Need to pick someone? Yes, why can't you shed? I think what you need to do is classic, get them both in the room. Okay, one at the front door, one at the side door. Hold Delilah, who does she go to? Who does she go to? Who does she run to? And then me, Now you're the one holding and then you push your.
Speaker 4: Off and she will run away from you. She's clock on to a shift dog walk with sombrero.
Speaker 2: That's all right? Can you update us? I want you to do that and then let us know who she picks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm interested to see what happens week by week.
Speaker 4: It's going to get better.
Speaker 5: I love the everyone can have a piece of delight.
Speaker 4: You don't worried that one of them is going to kidnap her at some point in time. It's still sounding a little bit like it.
Speaker 5: It is a high possibility, yes, but I have to take that day as it comes.
Speaker 2: All Right, let's go. If you missed any of the show podcasters, you can search the pickup on the iHeartRadio app. And don't forget it's very everyone's a bit sick at the moment. Don't you think I'm a bit nasily?
Speaker 4: The flu is going around.
Speaker 2: It's going around. When cold and flu does strike you, dems and gets it done, always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 4: And coming up next, we've got Will and Woody boys. What's on the show today?
Speaker 2: One day until we find out if Woody is the fastest parent in Australia to run with a PRAM. Talk about it more in a couple of minutes. Nice tomorrow, Yeah,