Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Morning, Good Morning, Patsy Morning, Good Morning, Producer reown Morning, and Looky, Looky, Looky back again for maybe if we got our fingers cross sport News. Oh, if you're lucky Alex, good morning morning.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So every Friday on the show, the first thing we do is you go around the team and we turn about things we're into at the moment. We call it double thumbs up. So there's a TV show or movie with anything you're enjoying, or a book at the moment, Text me now four seven five three one oh four three rio, what's it for you?
Speaker 4: Mine is Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service. You probably haven't heard about it. Oh, I've seen this.
Speaker 1: I just kept it quiet because it is. I file this on. They's so bad. It's brilliant territory exactly.
Speaker 4: He hasn't been getting a lot of press. I haven't seen a lot of people yapping about what a show. Here is the premise and look, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Don't ask too many questions, just come along for the ride. It's Gordon Ramsey. He is a secret agent for some reason. He's breaking into failing restaurants and saves them from themselves, the best bitch.
Speaker 1: There are a couple of bits.
Speaker 2: One that Scooby Doo mystery machine van is you know every week it's a different The name on the van is a different Gordon Ramsey reference little yes, okay, but the breaking in bits are so hammy it is.
Speaker 4: It's like a very cheesy movie. But he commits to the bit. He actually breaks into this.
Speaker 2: Leonardo DiCaprio, the method actually in him of reality TV.
Speaker 1: You get banged for butt with the Ramadam.
Speaker 4: He's got all the black outfit. He's got the little walkie talk Yeah, he's like cracking the codes he's breaking in.
Speaker 2: He's got an informed, he's got an informost an informant on the inside.
Speaker 1: The way to it like this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I gotta be really careful. This is close to being rumbled right now. As if if the if the rashant owner finds out who is, they're going to beat them to death. Because even I'm watching it, I'm not oh my god, who is it? And the other bit is where? So these people are hard at work and suddenly Gordon Ramsey comes flying it.
Speaker 1: He just goes shut it down, shut it down, go home, and people go.
Speaker 2: Here and we'll be like, no, in my one, you've committed a major felony breaking in right, and.
Speaker 4: Then he shut it down, shut it down. You go home, everyone go home.
Speaker 1: Let just go.
Speaker 4: The last one I saw was the Greek restaurant and he storms in. It's a full restaurant, it's packed, and he goes put down that.
Speaker 1: Lamb, eat that lamb.
Speaker 5: Cut out.
Speaker 4: He's not even the owner of the restaurant and these people.
Speaker 2: It's genuinely one of the most unintentionally funny shows.
Speaker 1: I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's one of the great gratious show It's just me that watched it.
Speaker 1: No, I've never heard that.
Speaker 4: Who is talking? What's it's on Channel ten to only ten play how.
Speaker 2: Dare they hide that under a bushel? That deserves Emmy Awards?
Speaker 4: And you get all the classic Gordon Ramsey hits you after he's screaming at the odd sea bombs unnecessarily. It's just like other word, every other word it is good.
Speaker 1: It is double double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what this feature is built on. Great TV like that Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service. I'm telling you now, if you do any one thing from the show to this weekend, watch that show, you will email us thanking us for the unintentional comedy.
Speaker 4: You watch the whole season about forty finals.
Speaker 2: What it's big September. It's Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show, Friday Morning. We're doing double thumbs Up, which is about the things that we're really enjoying at the moment. For me, finally got around to seeing it on Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Perfect. My voice is breaking into so emotional when I talk about Adam Sandler because they're Sandman, his life.
Speaker 2: Happy, gil Moore two relentlessly funny and joyful.
Speaker 1: Ten out of ten for me. Movie of the Year.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: We're telling you now there should be Oscars for comedies because.
Speaker 1: They change our life?
Speaker 2: Is this relentlessly silly and funny, crammed with so many big name cameos. Every eminem eating my crocodiles, yelling Detroit.
Speaker 4: What's not great about loves.
Speaker 2: I had the best Father's Day gift ella watching it with my daughters.
Speaker 1: That was their gift to me. Was like, well, watch.
Speaker 2: I had been asking for quite a few months because it's been out since July, I think, and they were like no, and then Father's Day there has to be yes, and it was that.
Speaker 1: The other thing that my wife and I saw watched this.
Speaker 2: Week, which is outstanding is called Code of so Silence. It's been getting rave views. It's a British TV police drama and it is so good. I think it's the same team that did Line of Duty, which is one of the one of the best TV shows the last ten years. Code of Silence is a really, really great show. They're trying to take down a gang. The gang only meet in public places where there's a lot of background noise so they can't be bugged. They need a lip reader, and it's this amazing deaf actress. She is phenomenal and she's going to be a breakout star. She is so good. I cannot recommend the show enough. It's up there with Gordon Ramsey's Secret Service in terms of amazing acting and casting.
Speaker 1: The too. You can't separate them.
Speaker 2: That's Code of Silence, and that is on It's three, it's on SBS. I know, you know when there's a good show, it's one of the free ones. I don't have to pay for them, just getting SBS.
Speaker 6: Or if you have paid for it and you go back and look and go, oh it's actually.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, So that's it for me, Patsy, what's it for? Double thumbs up.
Speaker 7: Finally got to aka Charlie Sheen, which dropped on Wednesday on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Now this weekend.
Speaker 7: It looks great, it's brilliant.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: He describes it as a love letter to his dad, Martin Sheen, and it is absolutely behind the curtain, no holds barred and just a guy, you know, battling substance and addiction, abuse and just telling it how it how it was. So he's seven years sober and you see all the old you know movies. Obviously his dad's a famous actor, but he was just a born actor. Him and his brother emilioest affairs and you get to see their home videos from when they were.
Speaker 1: Like the original brat Pack. Yes where the Keitha Sutherlands.
Speaker 7: Great actors and they were almost like the original Jackass. These videos of him and his brother, you know, like pretending to knock one another off. And it's it's absolutely some of the some of the parts. You're sitting there thinking, I actually don't believe what he's saying to wild life his first honeymoon. They're on the jet to wherever they were going. I forget now. But he wanted to meet the pilot. He wanted a photo with the pilot.
Speaker 4: He was off his.
Speaker 7: Head on he was drunk. He'd had like, you know, so many of those bottles of little Scotch. He said, I was so drunk, went I wanted a photo, and he said to the pilot, who I think was friend, he said, oh, you know, it's not a photo without your jacket and your hat, and so yeah, yeah, go, you know, sit in.
Speaker 4: The chair that took and he said.
Speaker 7: The pilot said, and do you want to fly the plane?
Speaker 1: And he said, I'm not.
Speaker 7: A pilot, and he goes, no, I just like took it off auto pilot and let Charlie Sheen fly the plane. And he said it was just outrageous because I was off my head and I had like four hundred.
Speaker 4: People on board. Responsible for all these people.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, and.
Speaker 7: Just put it back on auto pilot and just yeah, just phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see for years. Well, he's meant to be.
Speaker 7: He was meant to be a karate Kid before Ralph Ralph Mackey up, I want to which is a coffee?
Speaker 1: Is a two piece to go?
Speaker 7: But he was doing this unbeknowns first flick over in Budapest or somewhere, and he had like he said, he had like eight lines and he went to his dad, Martin, and he said, listen, I've got this opportunity to do this movie Karate Kid. I think it's going to be absolutely massive. And Martin said, no, you've committed yourself to to this Budapest job.
Speaker 4: You've got to do that.
Speaker 7: Otherwise you'll earn yourself a really bad name if you pull out of projects like that. You you've committed to it, you've got to do it. Meant to be wasn't meant to be. So it's brilliant. Yeah, aka Charlie Sheen on Netflix great.
Speaker 1: And Platoon as well. And Tom Berenger, Yeah about outstanding. Yes.
Speaker 3: The Christian o'connall Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Mornings to Christian O'Connell show, we're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team on a Friday and we share what we're into at the moment. Alex Connen, what are you enjoying at the moment?
Speaker 6: Well, this is great news for football lovers because when the AFL season is over, what are you gonna watch? We look at you look at the NFL. The National Football League season twenty twenty five, twenty six has started. It started last weekend and I just love NFL. I'm so into it.
Speaker 1: I listened to all the podcasts, Great What.
Speaker 2: I Say, I'm a Carl Brandt fan, and Good Morning Football.
Speaker 1: So I listened to that podcast.
Speaker 2: I've decided that this year, this season, I'm gonna follow it. Oh wow, that's why I was talking about Aaron Rodgers the other day. I've been watching the highlights of his debut. So what's good to listen to you? Because it's really hard as a complete outsider to understand there's so many different positions and players in the offensive defense.
Speaker 6: Well, there's fifty three players on a roster, and there's defense and there's offense. So if you're in defense all you do is tackle, you might get in intercept.
Speaker 1: What is a Russia?
Speaker 6: A Russia is the person who rushes the quarterback, so that the Russia plays in defense and they're responsible for trying to shut the quarterback down, tackle him and get a stop on the on the opposition.
Speaker 2: So they have like inside receiver. You think, okay, that's the receiver, then there's the wide receiver. Yes, there's just so much money in that sport. When you look at the signs of the team, it is incredible.
Speaker 1: It is so fascinating.
Speaker 6: And all the routes they run, all the plays they have, all the calls they make, you'll never get your head around it.
Speaker 2: Top Grady said it would take him at the start of a new season about three to four weeks to learn Bill Belichick's new plays, right, and it's.
Speaker 1: Pages and pages like math.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's a traditional defensive coach, so he knew what the defense were doing.
Speaker 1: So he was so good to have.
Speaker 6: Well, he started with the Cleveland Browns and then of course he went and played coach the Patriots to six Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: Like incredible. But look, there's so many storylines this year.
Speaker 6: You've got Aaron Rodgers, he's left the Jets, He's gone and joined the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: He's doing really well. They won.
Speaker 6: Of course, their game last weekend the Bills and the Ravens, an incredible game between those two. The Bills expected to win the Super Bowl this year with Josh Allen as their quarterback. So I'm all into it. I love it. And like I said, it's over the Christmas period, the Christmas break, you get to watch football.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I know it's a football that most of us are too familiar with, but I suggest you get familiar with it because it's just a.
Speaker 2: Fascinating it's so traumatic as well. Yeah, friend of my friend of mine back in the UK, he's an American football commentator and reporter, and they get media access to everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The players don't lead to press conference until they've done the last introviece AFL whether they h oh that player is not doing it. They have to talk to everyone.
Speaker 6: There's real access and they never what I love about it, they never change the jerseys because there's such traditionalists as well. Yeah, so there's never ever sponsorship on the jerseys. And what they do they sell merchandise that every club sells the merchandise, but all the money that's made from that merch goes to the NFL as a whole doesn't go to the clubs, it goes to the NFL. So it's a multi, multi billion dollar industry and they just do it so well.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Well, my friends were saying that when Prince did the halftime show, so you know they have the big halftime show, right, it's massive. Whoever that artist is. They have to play the press conference week to just reporters right till or three hundred people, and he said it was Prince. And my friend Simon asked the first question, he said, what's it going to be like? And Princess goes like this and then did an hour of live music for them.
Speaker 6: Yes, what that is amazing, proper, that is rock and roll. And the super Bowl. Yeah, he did halftime super Bowl and it was up the Z. Yes, Princess, He's sang purple Rain and it rained.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's that's how cool. Prince once he could control the weather and.
Speaker 4: It just kept playing. It was amazing.
Speaker 6: But it's you can watch the NFL season twenty twenty five, twenty six on seven mates.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean that was a great six too far, that's on that line. I see Montana playing again.
Speaker 1: It was a good year.
Speaker 2: It was let's go back to it seven mate and Ko sport right, gotcha.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday I had to go to a oh boy, off site meeting. Now, when it's an offsit, it's a bad day because this means you're there for a while.
Speaker 4: You're trapped.
Speaker 2: They've got an abundance of empty rooms in this radio station where we could have had the meeting.
Speaker 1: But when they want to.
Speaker 2: Go and have a little fun day out, it's all right for people who work the kind of nine to five our clock. Once you get to nine o'clock, that battery deplete, real quick.
Speaker 1: Meeting starts at ten o Oh.
Speaker 2: No, Then I remembered because that we had the post show meeting, and then we had to get to Cremorn where the meeting was that it sat in the fridge.
Speaker 1: Was my food?
Speaker 4: Oh your chicken meatball?
Speaker 1: Chicken meatball. That's all I had to look forward to yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's someone else in another bub. I'm alone, I'm hungry, I'm irritable. And then the meeting starts and there's a hubub and all this And this week has been a good week for the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, we went back to number one. The ratings.
Speaker 2: And so my big boss had flown in from Sydney and we work for the same company that also employed car and Jackie O. And that show is showered with gifts. They have an actual full time arista. They have a cash cube.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So my big boss for Film Sydney goes, hey, listen, I've got something for you word on the show ratings. She's rummaging around in a very expensive looking bag. I'm thinking this is going to be a great bottle of sheer as. Thank you boss. What she gets out is a fun size kick cat.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's joking.
Speaker 2: This I don't want. I've got one for you as well. Yeah, yeah, this is our bonus. I thought you'd have to split that from the company.
Speaker 4: I'll share it with you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, you know she heard the show. This is a child's sized kick cat.
Speaker 4: That's not even a morsel.
Speaker 1: And if Conor Jackie got number one, you know they're getting the proper kick.
Speaker 4: They're getting a fun they're getting the chunky goat.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's getting four fingers. I've barely got a finger that is. That's the bonus.
Speaker 4: It's literally wayfa thin.
Speaker 2: And then three other bossesn't that means laughed in my taps and someone filmed this.
Speaker 1: I need the morning mantra.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm questioning my belief in radio and life right now.
Speaker 4: Well, not just you, Christian, everyone listening. They've worked five long, hard days. They've dealt with alarms, crappy bosses, not us have not generous generously, mister mouse KitKat spreadsheets. Maybe they're on the work site, they've their damn mouse p and l exactly. But now it's Friday, it's Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Take us there, taste the week Friday.
Speaker 4: It's almost right. Oh, I need you, Christian, Patsy, Alex, anyone listening. Flick the switch now from work mindset to weekend mindset, because you've earned the wage. Now turn the page.
Speaker 1: Wow to the weekend.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to press a look like I heard that terrible light. Now we turn the page.
Speaker 1: But what if sometimes you turn the page, it gets worse.
Speaker 4: This gets better.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that, you said, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what I've had a look. Sure, it's better. A new chapter. And the new chapter says weekend party, fun, cocktail.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go to a party.
Speaker 4: Sleeping brunch. Whatever you wanted all that's this new chapter. You've earned the wage, which is a kit cat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and now you.
Speaker 1: Get the tiny kit Sorry sorry, so do it again? Do it again?
Speaker 4: You've earned the wage, ye, now turn the page.
Speaker 1: It feels like a.
Speaker 2: Line from that Dazrey song we played last week live. It feels like it begins.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like everyone listening is probably already now be all right, new day, new mindset. We're in a weekend mode. I can feel the city changing just with my words, can't you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Yeah I can. I can thank you.
Speaker 6: Birds are tweeting.
Speaker 1: We're turning pages, turning pages.
Speaker 2: Chapter but so it's a bank page and you get to write a new story.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and there's no work on this page.
Speaker 1: It's just fun, but there is work. People are driving to work now.
Speaker 4: Youah, no, return the page. That's the thing where skipping Friday's straight into Saturday. We're getting straight into Saturday. Return the page.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people have stuff to deal with Saturday.
Speaker 2: No Saturday drive to Talla.
Speaker 1: Marine with the rug Rats to watch children.
Speaker 2: I want to flick back a couple of pages, a couple of weekends ago, when it was a great old reason.
Speaker 4: This weekend I promised. Whatever you think is in store, if it's bad, it's going to be good.
Speaker 2: You haven't got a good night tonight. You've got to drive over the west. Go, Katelyn, sounds to dinner.
Speaker 4: I've turned the page. I'm going yes, all the way out to wear it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a real runners up price there. I'm very what's cooking for him? Kitlyn? What's your cooking for him?
Speaker 8: I'm cooking a delicious pasta. It's pork sausage, broccoli with a lot of parmesan, bit of white.
Speaker 1: Wine, and the broccoli is not mixed in with the meat.
Speaker 8: Stunning. You have no idea you're.
Speaker 1: Having a school dinner tonight. Excuse you've been a lady, Caitlyn.
Speaker 8: I've had many people over to have this pasta.
Speaker 5: Ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Is crunchy.
Speaker 2: Bit my pastor, it's a broccoli Spare this, Kaitlyn. If you had a restaurant, please call it.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: By now we call it Lates of Parties to home. Of all your emails, you can email the show. But anything we've been talking about on the show, whether it's old shows, some going back.
Speaker 1: The last couple of years. You email me.
Speaker 2: Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Let's get into your emails now, yesterner on the show, I don't even know how we drifted into this, but we started talking about Alex and I both love cold toast, and I didn't realize I thought this is quite a common thing.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: People have very strong feelings about people that enjoy the privacy of their own kitchen ice cold toasts, and for me, that's toasted and then chucks in the freezer. Yeah, there is no god that is cold toast.
Speaker 1: There's a special moment for the cold hoast fraternity.
Speaker 2: Ye Funny have their voice yesterday and so a lot of there's a lot of say about it after the show yesterday, Christine.
Speaker 1: The butter must melt.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can do you can just smear it on.
Speaker 4: No, but you want lovely melted butter that's oozed into the toast, not sitting on top of the greasy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Judy, cold toast is hospital food. Such a great sledge. When I'd be very happy to stay in that hospital, they're feeding me cold toast, Kathy, cold toast with heaps the butter is the best, made even better by adding a scrape of vegemite. Ray love cold toast thick with butter. Yeah, cold toast is no different to having very stale bread, Yes.
Speaker 4: Exactly, just have old moldy bread.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no no. It does something to the equality of the bread when you toast it, freeze it immediately, and then eat it. Christian, I used to be a hot toast, melty butter fan, but I've come to love colder toast with butter and jam. I'll leave mine in the toaster for a few minutes were taken out. Your method of putting it in the freezer seems extreme, Sonia. I let my toast cool off to spread my butter evenly. It's going to be evenly, Okay. Do you do you spread your butt or do you just put it just a swede down the middle? I like it.
Speaker 4: I don't want any dry bread but to touch every horner.
Speaker 2: Minutes and then, Rebecca, absolutely not to should be hot. If you aren't burning the roof of your mouth, are you even eating toast?
Speaker 1: Strong words? Now good?
Speaker 2: A voicemail here from a voice note from a dad we spoke to last week called Michael, he won all of our hearts. His wife had emailed me a couple of days earlier than last Friday. We were doing a Father's Day stuff what does your dad want? And his wife collect emailed me saying, his daughter lives in Sacramento and he hasn't been able to go and see you in a couple of years. Flights are expensive. She's had daughters, they're his granddaughters. He hasn't even met them. So could we surprise him and fly him out there? And we did last time. Do you remember he was at work. It's beautiful, and he was in his delivery van and we totally just blew his world apart. I felt so bad because I said, it's a really big thing in the middle of nothing to suddenly here.
Speaker 1: And you could hear his voice bright.
Speaker 2: And then he didn't quite want to go there because he's obviously where he's on the radio. And then he did what a lot of us do, especially men, where you suddenly feel like something moving in your heart, and then you go back up into my head, not touching that no, and you heard his voice crack and you get emotional. Then he went up into his head and he started to talk about what a lovely show we have, and he just wanted to get back onto even ground. So yeah, last Friday, about lunchtime, I called Michael because I was actually just want to check you lovely and just see check he was all right. He blessed me. He told me he had to after an hour. He was still trying to do his job to live in all these parcels. Right, He's in his late sixties. He had to ring his boss and say I'm gonna have to go. I'm too weepy. Oh, it was all so big for him.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: The great news is he's heading off this Sunday and he left this.
Speaker 9: Hi, christian An, this is Michael. I'm just still overwhelmed by the generosity from you guys. I am flying out this Sunday. I'm still shocked and just nervous about everything that's going on. I have not stopped since the day. But I'm so glad to be going to see my daughter and give the biggest hug. And my grandkids can't wait to see them either. So once again, I'd just like to thank you, and you do a lot of good things for people around Victoria.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, can you I almost want to be a fly.
Speaker 2: Reunited, so he meets his daughter and his grandkids as well for the first time in years. It's amazing. But yeah, a lot of you been asking how is Michael Wendy going. He's flying Sunday Christian a bit behind the podcast.
Speaker 1: Also stories people have to push start a car in awkward places.
Speaker 2: I went to Holland with my dad and a couple of friends via the ferry. Upon arriving into the docket hole and my dad's car wouldn't start, preventing anyone behind us leaving the faery.
Speaker 1: That's an awkward situation.
Speaker 2: So he made us get out and push it in the pouring Dutch rain whilst he sat in a very nice try car. This is good, Daddy. Yeah, this is good dadding. That's what you're there for, your father. It's quite funny. One of us slipped and fell straight into a Dutch puddle. What are the Dutch puddles? And also got these because we've been doing pet stories this week. This is some Richard Christian picture.
Speaker 1: This two am.
Speaker 2: You sound asleep until you woken up with the son of a cat chasing something around his bedroom. You turn on the light, you see there's a bat flying towards your face. Yes, a bat, says Richard instinctively. I duck under the doner A wonder if this is a weird vampire dream. But it's a real bat in my bedroom. Usually the fact lazy cat gets it. He was chasing a live bat around. We masaged to catch the bout by throwing a blanket over it go good skills, scooping up with a tennis racket and released it stressed, but on an inch outside it flew a fat cat. Sammy looked unimpressed that I'd spoiled his two way m fun. That's Richard leonardist's great name Christian. Many years ago, my sister decided she was going to do a science experiment and train mice to go through a homemade maze quicker by rewarding them with food. What yeah, Now we had to keep mice for about a month. My grandmother's expression when she found all this outles prices. She grew up in a village in Greece, and my sister just brought vermin into the house. I had to stand between my grandmother, who was waving a stick, and my sister, who is protecting the mice. We convinced her to leave them alone, only to find her a day later showing the mice to our cat in order to set up an assassination. Regards, I love getting your emails as always, My inboxes wide open. Email me your stories Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 1: Today you the.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Diane.
Speaker 2: It's great now that finally some of us can actually roam free and talk about a love of cold toast.
Speaker 4: No, you should keep that seat.
Speaker 1: A bush that you dared toast shame me?
Speaker 2: Will I have no shame? I have ice cold toast. Christian and Alex, Why do ask cold toast?
Speaker 1: People have to.
Speaker 2: Feel like we're the biggest widows in the world. We are fighting the good fight.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's fighting the sick Fight's good.
Speaker 2: Now we are doing something of the next couple of weeks with you guys, which is incredible.
Speaker 1: These prizes, there are so many.
Speaker 2: It's called Pimp Up My Crib Game on at Harvey Norman. You can shop TVs, fridges, barbecues and more in store and online. Pimp Up My Crib forty finals this weekend and the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: It's stacked all the way.
Speaker 2: And you want to make sure that where are you're watching the game with your friends, You've got a great TV, the barbecue, and amazing fridge.
Speaker 1: These are the prizes. A brand new.
Speaker 10: Bim fat Grip Christian.
Speaker 1: What am I accidentally off?
Speaker 2: There's a couple of openers.
Speaker 1: Let's catch that in a minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just warm into that, because that is something special. This is what you win. One of you's going to win this. A brand new sixty five inch four k ouled.
Speaker 4: TV, A high sense HT satin home theater, wireless subwolfer.
Speaker 2: What a high six hundred and forty liter Don't ever ever expect me to open up a five hundred liter fridge. Get out, shut the door, and let me open my pure flex and you will be flexing in front of your friend's French door fridge.
Speaker 4: La la A choice of your couch to the value of two thousand?
Speaker 1: Can I go? Can I go modular? Harvey normal?
Speaker 4: You can go modular or ill?
Speaker 1: What about a pizza oven? What about the ninja wood fire?
Speaker 4: What about the ninja slushy professional frozen drink maker?
Speaker 2: What about the bee feeder, five burner, barbecue and side burner.
Speaker 1: To get your size burnt as well.
Speaker 4: You need to cover for that bee feed up full length.
Speaker 2: My god, I hate you when you get that miniskirt cover. No, don't give me a neglige and expect me to cover up my beautiful five ring burner.
Speaker 1: Off them? What about? I don't have natural gas, so what am I going to do about this?
Speaker 4: You have to convert it somehow. Oh yeah, yeah, you need You need the bee feeder natural gas conversion kit.
Speaker 1: I can convert the gas.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the future.
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: What about the bee feta three piece piece of stone sets.
Speaker 4: Yum yum yum, burning my fingers picking it up though? The future is here again?
Speaker 2: While we got the future of what we've got tongue?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're tongueing them up.
Speaker 4: But you've got those burgers there, How are you going to flip them.
Speaker 1: With the beefeta barbecue spatchelor? Wow?
Speaker 4: I have a value twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 2: And you get one thousand dollars to spend on food and drinks.
Speaker 1: This is a huge rice win.
Speaker 2: This one thing is to poor Puss is getting this delivered.
Speaker 1: Where'd you put it all? You gotta unpack it all. There's so many price.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't come in a day.
Speaker 2: Well, its finals are on than this tonight. So you've got to rap for this recording it. Pimp up my crib. This is ninety nine problems. We want you to put your own lyrics to this.
Speaker 1: And rap.
Speaker 2: Have your crib pimped up. Now, let's hear rio songs this September.
Speaker 10: We're gonna pimp up your Crib's not gonna stacked.
Speaker 4: Fridge and a big TV screen, feet of a you couch slushy maker? Hell even ten k words of whoa did you just say slushy maker?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But you gotta trap to will. It's bits and fire drops and bars.
Speaker 11: Hell.
Speaker 10: Christian Whiler's crib should be yours.
Speaker 4: Not as hip fu your yes, no.
Speaker 2: Mention about Spatula that it was Dracula Spatula?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Brams?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: Tis all right? So this outstanding work. Bar I do love this one as well.
Speaker 10: Bim the mad brib crib, big TV sir round sound a Bobby. If your house is daggy, you win all this news stuff, Bridge Coucher, Dakker remake, invite all your neighbors and wrap for your up grade, up, grand.
Speaker 1: Up, altogether.
Speaker 2: Great and how many times do we get calls from concerned listeners desperate for a dakery maker. Finally we answer your prayers because what I don't know about you? When when it's September and its finals fever, I want a dakery pinky up in the air. Cheers, guys, Chug chug chup, please go down too easily.
Speaker 4: It's a classic funny drink somewhere.
Speaker 1: Get your dakery on, all right.
Speaker 2: So you're hearing all these prizes, it's an Aladdin's cave of great stuff from Harvey Norman.
Speaker 1: How you win all of this?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna ask producer Kaitlin now to actually do what we're asking you to do. Kitlain participating, I'm going to ask you to wrap how they enter.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Sure, let's do it.
Speaker 8: It's produce a match showing you the way to drop your track. Head to the Christian o'connumnshow dot com dot Are you download the beat that step two? When you're done a blow what you've spun now you can win your crib pre done.
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Well done? That's a big ask. You did it well done? All right?
Speaker 2: So head to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au good luck.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast come.
Speaker 2: Number five minutes time, people's play this. We give you a theme, you pick all the music from eight every Friday on the show. Patsy, what are your weekend plans? What are you looking forward to?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know so much about the wear we love God, but I'm looking forward to our date on Wednesday. On Wednesday, my goodness me on Sunday. I mean to say, Odds has an all days sort of theater workshop thing.
Speaker 1: So we've got the whole day to ourselves.
Speaker 7: She's going to help to well, she's over the other side of town, very close to Chasten.
Speaker 1: So oh, poor Chris. He's all right date with the devil. I don't mean you're the devil. I mean Chadston shopping on a Sunday.
Speaker 7: Not only that, but his office is actually based at Chadsten as well, so.
Speaker 2: He's going to go and do a shift at work rather than face.
Speaker 1: Chaston and the food court.
Speaker 7: So that's what we're doing on Sunday. Much to he has discussed more than likely when he finds out about it later today, I could.
Speaker 1: To say, in terms of more's right, Chanston, do it very well. Oh, it's really I can.
Speaker 2: My wife knows I'm good for ninety minutes to two hours, and I have to be fed immediately.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can angry.
Speaker 2: Eight otherwise I just destroyed that place and everybody else. And to know, when you go to that food court there, it's like seen from the Containa bar at Star Wars. All kinds of mumblies are there. E is and actually realized you one of them. Don't judge. You're in your mumy pitch together. You're just as bad as these people. Don't judge. And Alex, what are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 6: Well, Bunnie's working on Sundays. She works a Sunday every six weeks, so I've got the kids all day open to suggestions.
Speaker 7: Gonna be a nice day, I hope, Sonny in twenty one beautiful.
Speaker 6: Stuff, nice Sonny weather. For them to burn as much energy as possible.
Speaker 2: You're going to go and run a couple of laps of the tan, I think so under six and toe.
Speaker 6: Get them out there, the six year olds and the four year old Max Gray's lands.
Speaker 1: That's that was one suggestion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is that like Yarraville Arville?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's delicious. Yeah.
Speaker 6: What I won't be doing, though, is flipping the bird. Everyone's flipping the bird here at the moment. What's going on all these footy players. You've got Baidy Smith, Bally Smith's Ginnevan flipped the bird.
Speaker 1: Sudden, We've got a set of teenagers.
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 6: Only in a game for Port Adelaide last year flipping the bird to the Adelaide crew.
Speaker 2: Isn't the image of this season I think is flipping the bird Zach Merritt's doing. It's a bombers and they're saying, put it down, you've got to play, you.
Speaker 4: Got to play.
Speaker 1: It's hilariously bad for that club. They cannot get a break.
Speaker 2: Their own captain wants to go and they're saying you can't go. And you know what, spoiler, you ain't gonna be captained anymore. They said they're going to make make him play. Oh, that'd be a fun season for him and the fans.
Speaker 4: Why would anyone now want to go to You're such a terrible club.
Speaker 1: I just feel so sorry for the fans.
Speaker 6: But Mason Ridmond's coming out and saying our captain, I'm disappointed he should be leading us through the on field challenge a free guy.
Speaker 1: Nor exactly got to get behind Hawthorne this weekend, so that that's tough as well, But look looking forward to the forty finals as well. Cannot win.
Speaker 2: That's two great games, two brilliant games. My weekend is very different. I feel like I really let my youngest daughter down this week. So she came back on Sunday for Father's Day to see me right, and she was hobbling, and she'd had a night out Friday and she'd done something to her ankle she thought was broken and that I needed to take her to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Get X right. I said, that's not broken, it's a sprain. Just take it easy.
Speaker 2: Today I'm ashamed to say that I'm taking her to have an MRI. Oh no, I mean what, you're not a not a dad.
Speaker 1: That's the only story she now has about Father's Day and the old man and walk it off. Look at our princess.
Speaker 4: Put the water on it.
Speaker 1: That's a sprain.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 2: I know I do a radio show. That's a spray. So today, Paul think she's got to go on the old tube.
Speaker 4: She should know better than to trust you, though.
Speaker 2: Father, I read out the lovely word she put in a card to me yesterday and all she did was point with this big old.
Speaker 1: Purple balloon foot. I don't live up to these words. I'm really sorry. So we have a door today Today.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: The last hour of show, of the Hour of Power. You pick all the songs, we give you a theme. Welcome to the People's playlists.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choose and other music and just when hit eh, somebody fray the station charing play the.
Speaker 4: People's play Listen Christian calling right now?
Speaker 3: When help?
Speaker 4: Christian songs for Friday show.
Speaker 2: Celestial celestial words to do with celestial bodies In the title, it's a correct wording.
Speaker 1: Celestial body like a planet or star.
Speaker 4: Or celestial bodies can be part of any celestial world. So a celestial body is like an object in space, like an asteroid. That's us, yes, comments asteroid star. I think constellations, oh my god, absolutely, constellations, black hole Orion's belt.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 4: You can even go bigger, like the galaxy or the universe, which unnecessarily bodies, but they do fall under the category of celestia.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so PASSI, what have you got for us.
Speaker 7: Well, I reckon this falls under that banner Xanadu, Now bear with me.
Speaker 1: Fictional part, isn't it?
Speaker 7: It's a mythical musicscending from the heavens, from Mount Olympus to Venice Beach.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, not that. It's a great pop song.
Speaker 2: It's insane as the movie so one of the greatest Australians.
Speaker 7: Ever and a great soundtrack because it features Elo so heaven, big.
Speaker 1: Sound, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you might have want to pop up facts so you love Olibu?
Speaker 1: John? Really today today just walk in this one in on Friday.
Speaker 7: I just just let the music speak for itself.
Speaker 1: Alex, what have you got?
Speaker 6: I did have the honor of interviewing Oli and John.
Speaker 1: I just went.
Speaker 2: An incredible woman legacies.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, at her home in the US. Amazing one of the last interviews. Actually yeah, mostly rest in peace, absolutely legend. My song is bad Moon Rising.
Speaker 1: And in this is a Friday song created Clear.
Speaker 7: That wouldn't really have to be one of the shortest songs Christian it's only like two minutes.
Speaker 1: Something isn't a minute song too? Blur is one minute fifty two.
Speaker 2: That's one of the shortest ones that only Bill Hayley's Rock around the Clock is sub too as well.
Speaker 1: They used to in the sixties. They used to have very short songs.
Speaker 2: Because then they had more chance getting it played on the radio. That's why they're all like Beach Boys songs for like three minutes. Because radio stations wanted to be known for playing as many songs as possible in an hour, so artists were told make short songs.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you go, Ria, what are you going for?
Speaker 4: I've got a song from two thousand and one. At that time, it was everywhere you couldn't get away from it, and then I reckon, you probably haven't heard it until literally right now, Starlight by the Superman Lovers.
Speaker 1: You won't know that, you won't know the artists, but you'll know this track.
Speaker 2: This was everywhere, every bang banger of a song and a.
Speaker 4: Ribbing film so that you might remember it was an animated mouse singing karaoke in a spaceship. It was the heart of technology.
Speaker 2: Two thousand, way before AI.
Speaker 1: This was everywhere. You're right, all right, So people's playing this the whole hour.
Speaker 2: Songs picked by you, Celestial things too celestial In the title I'm going nineteen eighty three Madonna Lucky Star. This is a banger, my favorite Madonna's song, and it's one of my favorite song intros. I can't explain why I love this intro so much, the keyboards, the sense, it's got a.
Speaker 1: Groove and a swing to it.
Speaker 2: Quite a mid teen po disco song for the eighties, but it is so good. This is prime time Madonna to me, Lucky Star.
Speaker 1: Also, you've gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: The age I was when this came out, that Mesh Club, Mesh Madonna, my favorite Madonna of all.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you call it, lace or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Bens, Happy days, Happy day.
Speaker 1: Let's ended there. My fun is over now.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Christian O'Connell Show, People's Play is the theme today.
Speaker 2: Celestial Songs is what we're looking for. Phoebean newsroom amazing and she's got to use the phone again. It must be a like a monthly treat from her. Yes, Master, pats those.
Speaker 1: Poor girls she has working there like some madam.
Speaker 2: I am in a bordello, Phoebe, if you can hear my words, blink twice. I've got some food. We're going to lower down into the pit that she keeps you in. But bless you for trying to hear music. I guess in mind, she's trying to imagine music, and she's gone to Lally in the dark. But Patsy keeps her news ladies. Yet they are actually it's ladies she has working for it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't she.
Speaker 4: Yes, she requests that specific.
Speaker 1: They must be the sisters, the new sisters.
Speaker 2: They can't speak, They can only sometimes get to her phone and ask for help. But of course I'm terrified I could be thrown down there as well, be made to write new stories every half an hour. Anyway, phoebe, poor thing. She's gone crazy. She's asking in Paris, Hilton. It's not a great song.
Speaker 4: This was a formative song.
Speaker 1: No most millennial no, No, no formative songs that you go to Oasis for me. Yes, Oh, radio song Champagne, super and over. It's closer and closer than coming here end of next month. I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: Anton is ten now he's got a great song, Radly a Friday song and Tom thank you very much one republic great.
Speaker 1: Song any mentioned elo earlier.
Speaker 2: Friday Anthem loose sky. Ed Sheeran's also been looking up at the stars, so lesty, pretty light on the There is this you realize.
Speaker 1: Dumps drum, you couldn't.
Speaker 2: Do a google and other words associated with a rhyme zone that Rio does. Sleeping Satellite is a brilliant song Tasmin Archer.
Speaker 1: This song is.
Speaker 2: Of course Coldplay have got a song about looking up at those stars, Chris Martin's stand up at those sides with his twinkly eyes SA. And then if you're of a certain vintage, the name Mike Oldfield will have you thinking about your mum and dad. His album sold mega millions in the eighties. Every Home, Every Mom and Dad had two albums. There was Distraits and then there was Mike Oldfield.
Speaker 1: But this is a bag of a song. Moonlight Shadow all right, let's take some calls.
Speaker 2: Celestial is the theme today's People's playlist.
Speaker 1: Richard, Good morning morning Christian, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Richard. I hope you had a good week so far. What would you love us to play d til the next hour? I'd love you to play a classic Starman by David Bowie.
Speaker 5: Yes, brilliant, Tom Richard, lovely one, Thank you very much, having nice for Kim Richard.
Speaker 1: Thanks a cool shawe. Brendan, Hi, guys, Happy Friday, Happy Friday, Brendan. Now, Brendan, what would you love?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: This is weather wife, Savage Garden to the moon and back.
Speaker 1: Does she have a name a soup?
Speaker 11: Soon?
Speaker 4: Brendan trying to pretend that it's not a We know.
Speaker 1: A boy named Sue.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit embarrassed to say love Savage Garden.
Speaker 1: He runs a Melbourne fang club. We know you do, Brenda.
Speaker 2: And let's go to Glenda. Now what a name that is? Glenda is a band.
Speaker 4: Of a name?
Speaker 1: Well, gee, thanks, Oh I love the name Glenda. You don't get enough, young Brenda. Glenda's coming through anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, every Glenda of my age was named after Glenda Raymond, an opera singer in the fifties.
Speaker 3: So I couldn't escape.
Speaker 1: And now, Glenda, what would you love us to play?
Speaker 6: I would love you to play another David Bowie Great life on Mars.
Speaker 1: This would sound great today.
Speaker 4: And that one's for my mom.
Speaker 1: So you're Glenda. What's your mom's name? Brenda Verna? Wow, yeah, you two go hard. And she's sitting listening to the radio in the lounge room while I'm talking she's in a few weeks ninety seven. Yep, got you from strong Stock. That's incredible.
Speaker 10: I know, I know.
Speaker 8: And Life on Mars was our favorite UK series with John Simon, Philip Glenister as.
Speaker 2: Well, really with the Audi Quatro as well. What fantastic Ravioti, What a brilliant show that was. She has to love that show.
Speaker 1: Yep, we still watch the reruns. That's great. See and mun bless her. She's gonna be ninety seven a couple of weeks time. Yep, end of October. Ye and what are you going to do? Well?
Speaker 4: She's sitting out there.
Speaker 11: I can't really say, can I she's listening.
Speaker 1: I think I could hear the old girl in the background there. Give it the r.
Speaker 6: Where she's not sure which king she's going to get a letter from when she turns one hundred.
Speaker 2: I like the long term you she's going to help live old Casey. Never tell you what, Charlie boy? Is it looking good for the long run? Don't say any box sets, King Charles.
Speaker 1: Vern is going to make the turn.
Speaker 2: Everyone's telling me, yes, amazing, Well, listen, when when is the when is it? At the right The Dber twenty six ers got to call us up so we can all say from the from the show, happy birthday to Ferna.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh that'd be fantastic, she'd love that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, please do her please. So I have to play a song? Is this for you and mum?
Speaker 1: This song Life on mar Yeah, absolutely right, Okay, well we're definitely playing it on the next hour. Okay, Tela, fantastic, Christian, thank.
Speaker 11: You so much.
Speaker 2: Pleasure, pleasure, and please call us then on you mum's birthday. Ferner, what a great name to squeeze one more in, Danny, come on in, Danny.
Speaker 6: Hell are you Happy Friday?
Speaker 1: Guys? Happy Friday? Danny? What would you love us? The Playmate Dancing in the Moonlight by top Loader rain in Cover Versham Danny Ripper, thank you very much. So many great songs coming up to the next hour.
Speaker 2: We will definitely be playing Life on Mars.
Speaker 12: Will kick it off the Christian O'Connell Show on podcast now.
Speaker 2: As part of an employee motivation scheme, I'm going to offer up this idea.
Speaker 1: I have no confidence in it.
Speaker 2: I don't believe we're going to get a single call, but sometimes I have to entertain the wild thoughts of our producer Caplin and sadly I can't there are I can't give any more nos this year. This one is simply called stuck in a tree.
Speaker 4: By Brad.
Speaker 1: That poor old ninety seventy on Werner is going. Is this progress? Take me?
Speaker 2: You won't have had this nonsense back in my day on three K Billy one five A playing the hits stuck.
Speaker 1: In a tree because sometimes in life you've got to join the doors.
Speaker 2: Are we seeing a trend emerged, because, to be honest, we have had two unconnected but connected by trees, different stories this week about things being stuck in trees.
Speaker 1: That's true, right started with Sharpie.
Speaker 2: And when I was trying to yesterday, I was wasting show time by demanding that people tell.
Speaker 1: Me what bird this is?
Speaker 4: Ha ha.
Speaker 1: We found out it was the pied currawon. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Sharpie said Christian, I don't know what the bird is, but where there used to be one outside by mom and Dad's place, who I used to live at home. And I throw a shoe, my shoe with it at the bird, and the shoe is still in the tree thirty years of It's almost like some kind of monument. It's an art installation up there. Coralie kicked it off earlier this week when we're looking for your pet stories, Christian, my daughter had a pet goldfish in the outside pond, but it died. I threw it over the fence. It's not a thing you do. It's not a thing you do. You don't do that. We just make it a neighbors problems of scool over.
Speaker 1: The fence I have.
Speaker 2: And so the damn thing got stuck in the branches of a tree. Had to avoid the era till it finally went to God.
Speaker 1: I order a new one. Thankfully.
Speaker 2: Thankfully she never noticed us from colleague. So Caitlin, this is your baby, okay, And I hope we get calls. So what do you imagine that we're going to get, like people being stuck in trees or everything.
Speaker 8: I mean, I get people. We could get items like you know, the guy that had his shoes stuck in the tree and.
Speaker 2: Cat's funniest cats, that's do you know what I do? You remember a couple of years ago I saw some fieries trying to get a cat out of a tree, and I didn't know this actually happened, right, And this goes to me he goes, you'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: And then remember the next.
Speaker 2: Day I was talking about this and what have you called triple zero for for a non emergency? And this woman said that she called I always remember this called. She said, she called them count up a tree and the truck turns up. Two fire fieries go up there and they get stuck. She then has to call triples there again. Can you send out some more fieries to the cat had come down by now the cat just mosey down and go look at these clowns. Another truck turns up these fieries. See they're two college stuck up and just film it.
Speaker 1: What's a scene?
Speaker 4: You're not helping the rescue.
Speaker 2: So you're right, there's so many stories are emerging about stuck up a tree. Alex, Alex, you've got a story of any about stuck up a tree.
Speaker 1: Cat's children can get stuck up trees.
Speaker 6: I was at Forkner Park here in Melbourne a couple of years ago one of my twin daughter's six.
Speaker 1: Year old Eve. They were both up the tree.
Speaker 6: I had Max sort of just close to that and he's my four year old, and all of a sudden I hear this branch is breaking. Evie falls out of the tree, but manages to get caught by her undies on a branch.
Speaker 2: That's another phone the next week, saved by your undies.
Speaker 1: She's hanging there.
Speaker 6: It's a mid air and it gave me time to run to the tree and grab her just as the.
Speaker 1: That is ripped. A lucky catch by the undies, is it? Also?
Speaker 2: I've got to be honest dad of the year there who lets young kids up a tree?
Speaker 1: What could possibly go right?
Speaker 4: With kids?
Speaker 6: I'll climb anything, and I'm helpless against it. Yes, it's no good with very inconsequences. And that was wasn't too bad? Audrey has fallen out of it by your's neck.
Speaker 2: On Monday Show K thirteen fifty five twenty two Upper Tree, Patsy, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I've accidentally flung some dog poop in a bag up in the tree.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I don't believe that's an accident. I think you've done on purpose. Do you accidentally do that?
Speaker 7: I was spinning it around my head trying to be smart, and I.
Speaker 4: Thought that's smart.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well no, it's just stupid. And I thought i'd be able to get.
Speaker 4: In the beans.
Speaker 1: You always know you've got a real smart person.
Speaker 2: If you see them that's sewing a bag of dog turds around their heads, you go, my god, that's some of the very high on the cue. Must be the granddaughter of Einstein right there working out the theory of relative.
Speaker 7: Ivyshot the bean terribly and it ended up in the branch up a bar.
Speaker 1: I love to have seen that he is walking in what Wow? I felt bad.
Speaker 3: I was I gonna.
Speaker 4: I just had to leave it. What was that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, that's going to fall on somebody and give them a very nasty surprise.
Speaker 4: I call the fire brigade to get a bag of up there.
Speaker 2: That's a bad day for fiing hours. Well, I don't even to work. All right, lines are up, But now are there any more stories? Stuck in a tree?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian mum Werner loved the song. Thank you very much for playing. David Bowie.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 2: She loves her walker, of course she does. She's ninety seven. I remember my mother in law's weight.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 2: One of her old friends came up to me asked what was a good to do with her?
Speaker 1: Jackie's water still wake.
Speaker 2: She beennigh that up hearing in through the back windows.
Speaker 1: You can't take it with you.
Speaker 2: Christian ninety seventy old Verna still uses a computer to email her friends. Well, she can send me one and she goes virtual traveling using webcams. People still doing that the old remember that it was like state of the art. Oh you can see the tower right now. Yeah, that's it live webcams. Okay, so we're doing Stuck in a tree, Christian, not a tree, but there was a phallic shaped adult toy stuck on a power line in the middle of our town center for ages.
Speaker 1: It was there for months. Into the truck knocked it.
Speaker 2: Down, spoil spot, boock chest.
Speaker 1: That is so she should have put it back up there. Christian, Pats could have something.
Speaker 2: Maybe her next Olympics, you could do dog turd tossing. See we get mass bar to sponsorings. Maybe that could be one of the Brisbane demonstration events.
Speaker 1: Christian. My snake got stuck in a tree.
Speaker 2: We took him outside for some UV and he wrapped himself around the branch. Now, being an eight foot long, incredibly strong diamond python, there was no unwrapping him and we had to wait for hours. Until he felt like unwrapping himself and coming back in the house.
Speaker 1: We tried spraying it with water.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a way to get a pythonto on coil, just spritzing them with water.
Speaker 1: There a pithon Jared. Welcome to the show, Jared.
Speaker 11: Good day, Christian Carew's it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good? Thanks for calling the show. She got a story about something stuck in a tree.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 11: Yes, So the thing that got stuck in the tree was me.
Speaker 1: How what happened?
Speaker 11: I decided and while on holiday with family, I would take on one of the hotel little extra curricular activities of powergliding.
Speaker 1: I always see that leaflet to who does that? Who is forwards? Your brave enough both to do that? And that was you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And they seem to have mispied the things that controlled my turning wrong, so I had zero control at all. I couldn't guy to turn it or anything.
Speaker 1: No way, You're just.
Speaker 2: Strapped to wherever that thing, well, where the wind wants you to go and blow yep.
Speaker 11: And I was swinging around and then they were like indicating for me to turn away so I could land. But it wasn't turning obviously, and im and I'm heading for straight for a tree and I'm just yelling tree and then crashed tree.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to move the trace.
Speaker 1: Not crashed into.
Speaker 11: I was stuck there for about fifteen minutes while they mess around trying to cut the parachute to pieces.
Speaker 1: You must have been terrified.
Speaker 11: I was at first, and after about the five to ten minute mark, I thought it was bored.
Speaker 2: Jared. Awesome story. Thank you very much for sharing that, mate.
Speaker 11: No problem, it's the cherry on top of it is after I finally get down. I was seventeen at the time, so not even would legally drink. But a guy that held all the whole thing and brought me a beer off and my dad saw me with the beer to have a goal with me, and I said, I hi, effing deserve.
Speaker 1: Jared. That was great.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, mate, have a lovely weekend. Thank you so much for shaming.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian. I found the answer by the way to the mystery bird hide Kurrawong, Melinda, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: My husband's shirt is a bird nerd.
Speaker 2: When I got home yesterday evening, I was trying to do the bird that you were doing into his Merlin app Hide Currawong.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Care Christian, can I get a big happy twenty first birthday to.
Speaker 1: My beautiful son Nikki. Just want to sound so proud of him.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday Nikki twenty one. Have a great weekend, Christian. My niece and nephews played a trick on my brother in law Christmas by putting his beer eski up a tree. I didn't think we say this, but we are definitely going back to stuck in a tree Producy Gate. Then you've won the week Part two on Monday, for sure. There are loads of stories. We have to move on to the Time Waster Today. Time Waste Today Best didn't show the best one we get on the text. Go see Crowded House Live, Mornington, Red Hot, Summer Tall, second and final show November thirty.
Speaker 1: Is it me?
Speaker 2: This year is.
Speaker 4: Going so fast it's crazy.
Speaker 1: November isn't that far away?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Tearing through the year.
Speaker 2: Tickets on sound now at Ticketmaster. You can win a pair with the Time Waster Today. We're looking for bogan bands. Let's go what is Patuca caaate then listening to on a headphones She loves Goons and Roses. She loves the Van Hanson. They are a Bogan band, that's right.
Speaker 1: Pauline Handsoon very good.
Speaker 2: The cars were a great eighties band and sadly though, as the years ago on, they become more Bogan cars on the front lawn.
Speaker 1: Yes, what about Bunderberg Rum DMC.
Speaker 2: Love a Bundy and code Ario Speedwagon have gone Bogan DFO Speedwagon get some cheap pots and pants. One thing Bogan's laugh, it's a fight in the sky. What about mid flight Broader notes.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be sorry.
Speaker 2: And they love the legend of ned Kelly, don't they They do? Kelly clarksoners who they're listening to to sing a song with that metal tin on your head?
Speaker 1: Kelly? All right? Bogan bands Rio, what have you got?
Speaker 4: And he's a bit of a bogan she now she's on your.
Speaker 1: Oh very good, that's very good.
Speaker 4: Real gold Christopher Southern Cross, he's going gold, biggy w that's where he does his shopping when he needs to get his cars on the front norm Now this is the thinker. You might not get a straightaway dmxxxx Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, silver yeah.
Speaker 4: And Phil Oakley he's got those rappers say good gold.
Speaker 1: Okay, what have you got there?
Speaker 2: Imagine it's a festival, Boganfest. Who is on stage?
Speaker 12: Bogan bands Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the weekends. Obviously we've got two great games of the weekend September. There's nothing like it in Melbourne. Enjoy the finals the right way. Pimp up your crim.
Speaker 1: Banks to Harvey Norman.
Speaker 2: It's fifteen thousand dollars worth of prizes, Massive TV, pizza, ruven barbecues, fridges thousand dollars. There's one thousand dollars to spend on booze and food as well. Head to the Christian o'connells Show dot com. Do au, how do you win this? These amazing prizes? Wrap for them? Okay, you've got to do your own. Wrap under sixty seconds. Wrap for the pimp up the crib. Head to the Christian O'Connell show dot com dot Are you thank you so much for all these amazing bogan bands.
Speaker 1: This is going to be great, all right?
Speaker 2: You ready to Mark Alana's Flannelets, Melissa Vbg's that's some le VB commodorees, Silva Jeff, well done, Tina Tarana, it's so good. Who's that Matthew, well done, Thongs and I Silver Panel, Van Morrison, I love Jamie well done, Center Lincoln Park slip mock, what slips.
Speaker 1: Came monkey?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Elton Thong, Chris Chris Moccason, that's fair, that's how you do.
Speaker 4: Who is that?
Speaker 1: Gavin Bell?
Speaker 2: Well done, Smoko, Robinson and the Miracles, Silver plas, John Bong, Jovie.
Speaker 4: Just image of him?
Speaker 2: What about Joan jet Ski? They love These Boken bands are incredible. Of course they have certain dogs, Bogans, Staffy, Ellis Backster. I told you these are all Hall of Famous coming in. We're done, Sonia for Staffy, Ellis Baxter, Phil Collinwood, Gold double plus, Martin Oliver, well done, shaz A Twain, Keith Bourbon, Dolly Parton, Smash You in the Mouth, not quite Rio?
Speaker 1: What's the Besson show?
Speaker 2: Colin Wood, well done, We're back Monday.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast