Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast. Right now are recommendations you're looking for a new TV show, movie someone to read this weekend.
Speaker 1: We call it double thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Now, a couple of weeks ago, Alex, you mentioned TV show called Terran and I actually think it was like maybe even last year you mentioned it and you were saying it was very interesting about kind of some of the elements that's going on right now. And suddenly the last couple of weeks have had a lot of emails and people who remember that. I've started watching it, and oh my god, it really foresaw what's.
Speaker 1: Really been played at right now the global scale.
Speaker 4: I cannot recommend this show enough. It's unbelievable, engrossing, fascinating, also deeply deeply disturbing because you get.
Speaker 2: A real especially now it must because you're watching the news and.
Speaker 4: In light of current events, absolutely christian and like you get to see the kind of the inner workings of that secret battle between moss Ad and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard and It's fictional, of course, but geez, I think it rings true for a lot of people, especially in that part of the world. And you just it centers around this young female Iranian who is a Mossad agent and.
Speaker 1: Hugh Laurie, No, that's not He's got range. He can do American women.
Speaker 2: Now is Mossad moss Sad Ladies, spy, roxyre goodh jab Yeah, old Hugh Laurie.
Speaker 4: He comes into it a bit later, But I guess the main character is this this young female agent and her family is dragging into it. There's double crossing, there's love interests, there's that choice, that awful choice between family and the state, between family and the regime.
Speaker 1: And man, it.
Speaker 4: Is so engrossing. I cannot get enough of it. I can't stop watching it. The trouble is Bonnie's not watching it, so I have to sort of go off and sneak around and say, we all.
Speaker 1: Have that, we have your own little side show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I can't talk to her about it, and like she'll she'll walk in halfway through an episode and I'm like, oh, I can't explain it.
Speaker 2: A lot of us where we don't understand. It's incredibly complicated. What's going out I'm gone to being played out and Iran in the Middle East, and so I guess for a shot that you're probably learning a lot about the history of the area as well.
Speaker 4: Definitely, and and and the lengths they are willing to go, like Mossad, especially what they press us. No, I'm sorry, it's.
Speaker 2: Written that's going to hang around everyone right now. It's going to be some telegand sport to keep it light.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but it's just so you know, you're going to be having dinner tonight.
Speaker 2: You're right, Johnny, Beit quiet, just a lengths they're going to go to radio.
Speaker 1: Didn't do this.
Speaker 2: Hey, the other one I watched, h Lurie got himself mixed up in there. He play some sort of shifty triple British agent.
Speaker 1: Is he he's work?
Speaker 4: Yes, it works in weapons I think we're but weapons detection.
Speaker 1: Selling them out webs of master.
Speaker 2: Whenever there's an English guy in those shows, there's always someone shifty.
Speaker 1: Aren't they. Yes, they're always the most evil of people.
Speaker 3: In the eighties, it used to be Russians Simon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very complicated out there in the regions.
Speaker 2: You know, there's tribal see there's a lot of money to me those Well.
Speaker 3: Actually I haven't watched the Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana movie recently, and the English Guy.
Speaker 1: Was every movie.
Speaker 2: Remember the English Guy turns Shifty up to eas the puppet Master, he's so good.
Speaker 4: And black Adder, Oh my godness, it's wonderful old shows.
Speaker 1: Patsy, what do you what's your double thumbs up to this week?
Speaker 5: I just had to this week get into belmain Born rose Burn. If I had legs, i'd kick you. You can watch it on STAN. I do like to Oscar season. Just see what all the boss is about, and I'll tell you what Her nomination for an Oscar was absolutely well deserved.
Speaker 1: This what's seen the movie? Is it good?
Speaker 5: This won't be for everyone? Is unsettling. It is anxious. As a mum, you will actually feel exhaustion watching it.
Speaker 1: You will relate.
Speaker 5: Just there's so many scenes there where I thought as a mum it just rung true and related. I physically felt exhausted watching some scenes. She's a therapist who is struggling with a very sick child and an absent partner, a husband who is really not there, and just the struggle and the Torment. It is absolutely brilliant. It is excruciatingly good. And her performance, seriously is I think she should have got the Oscar. Personally, I think she was absolutely brilliant. I mean, we've seen her in stuff like Bridesmaids where she's absolutely hilarious. But this, oh my goodness, this is the role of her lifetime to date. See it if you can. If I had legs, i'd kick you. It's on stand right now this week.
Speaker 1: We really enjoying this.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the way the world right now talking about and recommending the Apple TV show Terran at the moment.
Speaker 1: For me, it's a German spy thriller. Unfamiliar.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm going to say something in a minute and ninety nine point nine percent of people listening and go, I'm never gonna watch that. It has subtitles, it's in German. Actually, I don't think anyone's going to get this. There's no point we even saying anymore. But there's two types of people in this world, those who can read subtitles.
Speaker 1: It is out.
Speaker 2: There's only six episodes. It is so good. Oh my god, it is really really good. You know, something's worst show so good? It starts to infiltrate the dreams. Oh I woke out the middle of the night and I actually thought I was in a burning safe house. It's Frans coming. It's Frans coming.
Speaker 1: Sounds terrifying.
Speaker 2: You're a middle aged DJ living in Australia. Wait, it's something cover. I'm in a safe house in Sydney. I cannot recommend enough. It's called unfamiliar. And another thing. One one thing I would really recommend to to parents as you can get older and start to leave home is you have to find these pockets of connection because as she wants to leave home, they've got this whole of the life that you are you don't know that much about, and so you can quite easy get quite disconnected and then almos get irritated. They start talking about stuff you really don't know their interior world. And so whenever they're into TV shows or reading books, I always make sure that I will read and get up on whatever they're reading. So we've got something to talk about then. And there's like people like sharing something that they're interested in. So my daughter's got into My oldest daughter, Ruby is twenty one. She's really into this brilliant ABC podcast I've been running for a couple of years since the Mushroom trial, and it's called The Case of Two Brilliant Journalists.
Speaker 1: I cannot recommend enough.
Speaker 2: It's a really great series of journalism where they follow true crime court case and there's one the moment that they've got called the Two Intruders. The Case of the Two Intruders. It's an incredible, barely believable story and the police sting operation involving setting up eight gangs.
Speaker 1: It's incredible. It's set in Australia, is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Australian crime stories the one at the moment I'm listening to it and it's about an act of trial, so I can't say much more. But anyway, I'm going for a walk yesterday, I'm listening to the new episode. This is going to fry your minds. I'm listing a new episode and they start to go to their emails from their listeners. Suddenly, my daughter Ruby has sent an email in Oh.
Speaker 1: I almost got emotional. I was like, really, what is that. She's not the same name as my daughter Ruby. That's the sort of thing she would write. And they praised her question for being astute. Congratulations and you're.
Speaker 2: I'm just listening to the new episode. Oh I thought you said you listened to it. Then I'm listening to it. Your question got read out, and what a great praise, astute. I want to try and weed all the word a stew into the show next week.
Speaker 3: I love that you, a radio DJ has been on for twenty plus years, still gets excited with your family member gets.
Speaker 1: Really and I was so proud of her. I want you.
Speaker 2: And now I'm like, I'm going to try and get a question right out as well next week, but it will not be as stupid.
Speaker 1: They're probably going to go this is a bit base. This was actually moronic.
Speaker 3: I think it's just from a ten year old charge.
Speaker 1: Ria. What are you giving double thumbs up to you? What do you enjoying double thumbs up to rip a Ride.
Speaker 3: It's a brilliant website if you're looking for accommodation for the Easter holidays. I know a lot of people are booking at the moment. I would sort of describe it like a hipster Airbnb. Al Right, it's very I've used it three times, actually used it last year for very unique, unusual accommodations. So last year I stayed in sometimes I like to take myself off on a little solar holiday. Just not much, yeah, just incredible. So I've done, and a lot of the accommodation is off grid. So I've done a log cabin in the wilderness with a bath tub and a sky roof.
Speaker 1: I've done. It was stunning on the bush. Yeah, just out in.
Speaker 3: The bush, no phones, no internet, You've got your own little fireplace.
Speaker 1: I've done.
Speaker 3: I've stayed in a cave house, which is like literally in a cave that they've turned into this like beautiful home. And then I've stayed out on a tiny home in a in a farm where you can feed the cows, feed the animals. It's incredible and you just give. So that's all right, Christians just dying. Do you want some water?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show on podcast