Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Mildourn's Gold one oh four point three Live from level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Richman, this is the Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, how can we be sweating at this time of the morning. Jaxas literally got a tissue and mopped his brow. You're Australian. I know I could struggle upon me. I'm not built for this temperature. I took a screenshot yesterday even though as I was going to aboud at eleven o'clock thirty three degrees, thirty three degrees at bedtime. It's so hot. I went to tennis yesterday it was baking out. How those people played that amazing tennis I saw yesterday evening and everywhere. I don't know how people have slept you on the night.
Speaker 3: So can they wither the roof shut? They can't get it cold? Can they turn off all the lights?
Speaker 2: And and also went, I guess when they shut the roof like Wimbledon. I think actually Melbourne has three It's got three roofs on three of the arenas. Yeah, so it's got rod later. I think the High Sense got one as well. When we have record we have one for Wimbledon, and it's only there for one reason, to stop the rain coming in. It's never ever, ever ever been used because it's too hot. Were dreamed to have some of that. It's only just stop the flipping rain coming down in the middle of our parents summer as well. I hasten to add, but apparently yesterday because it was so hot and bacon up in there. Once they shut the roof, no one was the better because it was the heat that stayed in. It was even hotter in there. Yeah, like a sauna.
Speaker 3: You need a poke holes in the roof, like when you keep a bag in the jar.
Speaker 2: Just to let the steam out or something like that. Good morning, it's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Form and it's past six Friday morning. Last chance you'd have pick up tickets to go and see Phil Collins Today we find out who have all the winners including today's could be getting a backstage stall next week now? Will Phil Collins a play on the Friday and Saturday night So Gavin Miller that was obviously dry times show here it's kind enough to send me a text yesterday after his show. Very considerately, he left the air conditioning on full blasts. Sits me going all evening early into the morning, so that we get in at five am. It's nice and icy cold in here. Is that great?
Speaker 3: Perfect? Because entertainers and performance we need to be nice and cold.
Speaker 2: I come in this morning and it's not on. Oh and it's sweltering in here, right, and I'm really irritated. I sud spend five minutes not thinking about the show, working out what's the right remote control. It's like in a hotel room. You know, you stand there and then then the unit goes no, it's not the right one. Then you have to go and stand under it, don't reach up turn the flipping thing on. So this is five minutes we're trying to working out what's the right mode and not on that one. I don't was the side. I don't want the sunburst one. I want the ice one.
Speaker 3: And the icons are never perfect like that is there could be an icicle or could be a side.
Speaker 2: Any aircon remote in a hotel, And why the battery is always in the blink, it's like fading. So anyway, this is all time. Now, six or seven minutes, there's nothing to think about the show just getting this right, didn't Jack, I moaned earlier. Right when we're having our little production meeting before the shows, it's almost some person turn the air conn off. I producer Bes goes, yeah, that was me. Why would you cover and turn the air? Beck? Tell us, now, why did you turn the air cone off?
Speaker 4: It was blowing hot air?
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: We would turn it down.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: It's got down button as well as an up button. It's totally fine.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 2: There's two ive here right. Anyway, yesterday I was uck enough to be taken by the big big, big, big, big big big big big Quadraphonmagio Boss to the semifinals. We got to see Nadal play and I won something yesterday. And the only reason I've won this is an amazing thing as well, is by cheating as well. I'll tell you what happened next. But I've got a great, great prize I won yesterday from the Australian Open coome Onyes to Christian O'Connor breakfast show. Of course, the only way to stay cool today keep it locked to gold. Four point three thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So it's lucky enough to be at the Nadal game yesterday. Amazing to see tennis at that level. You know, one of the greats, got this young kid who disposed federal, you know, who is obviously going to become the next rising star. And I couldn't take my eyes off Nadal because he's one of the greats. Okay, And so as soon as he comes on, the big big boss who was taking me and he's willing to his tennis, he goes. Watch what he does with his two water bottles. Okay, did you know this this routine? He hasn't a lot of sports people, they're very very superstitious. Some spots, some soccer players, they're put on the left soop before the right soot. They have their pre pregame routines and they take comfort in that and all the chaos that's going on around them. Oh, he takes out his first water ball, he puts it down by his right foot, has a small sip, puts the lid back on. Then he gets out the second water ball, lines it up exactly behind the other one and I mean lining it up, yeah, checking it, lining it back up, moving it over a minimeter, lining it back up. He's like that throughout the whole game. When he has a water bottle and he's chugged one down, he has to have two water bottles in a line at one behind the other one.
Speaker 3: And what if I say, the great kid when kicked it over.
Speaker 2: That's what I would have done every time you change again, So I'd give that a little tack going. How's that working out for you? Just to get in his head, just to screw with him. And the other thing I noticed. I couldn't stop seeing it throughout the whole game. Nadah had a wedgie. He kept trying to put it out of his arms. No, no, no, probably no, No, seriously, Pats. People would have noticed it last night. If you saw the game cooling, you would have seen him constantly fiddling with his box of shorts or whatever he was wearing. But he had a wedgie. He constantly kept fiddling with his ass.
Speaker 3: Well, if he's superstitious, maybe that he's lucky and he's head for the last fifteen years and he's playing career.
Speaker 2: Do you think he gets his coach to give him a wedgie before he goes out there, and then he's ready to play.
Speaker 3: I won my first Grand Slam with a weggie, now I must have one forever.
Speaker 2: More So, it's an amazing atmosphere. Obviously, Melbourne a beautifully, wonderfully multi cultural city. I say that it's upon me on the radio here. But there was a lot of support for the young Greek kid as well, whose surname is too hard for me to pronounce. I don't think that's how they say it. I don't. It wasn't how it was said yesterday in the arena. But that's obviously Patsy's pronunciation.
Speaker 3: She's confident with that one. It's the French player who's it's Pui say the full names.
Speaker 2: That's his surname.
Speaker 6: Hey, and I've got to look at it to read it. Give me one second, I'm going to have a look at the script.
Speaker 2: Make sure you pay attention every half.
Speaker 3: Keep calling you Lewis, Lewis Lucas.
Speaker 6: You know what it is. I'm so worried about pronouncing Pue.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, I see, yeah, all these amazing names hitting. So there's a lot of support for the Greek kid. Obviously, the big Greek community here, and there was a lot of Spanish people there as well, and also a lot of the Australians would get behind the young kid as well and willingamore. So there's a great atmosphere there at the heat yesterday evening and I've never been to an evening game of tennis. It was amazing s which as the lights were coming down, they put the flood lights up. It was getting a little bit cooler now. Beforehand, me and the boss were guests of some corporate people who do work for the company. Sure right, and so they said, we have an amazing prize as credit sweets. We are the sponsor of mister Federer. Roger Feder, he's kindly donated one of the rackets he played with this Grand Slam. Now he didn't go all the way, but it's a signed Roger federerck racket. They then start going, it's a Wilson A nine hundred xx five. Oh, you're going to hand out these forms now, every single one of you has got a chance to win it. What do you got to do is write down how many sets are going to be played in tonight's game and how many aces. I'm thinking, clue, what do I put done it. Now the big boss, who's a smart man, he's ruling into a tennis I wait for him to fill it out. I look over his shoulder. This gets worse, this stilling and better. I look over his shoulder and I go, well, I'll add one to that one, so I'm not exactly cheating, and I take one off that one.
Speaker 3: I hand it in exactly how you cheating school, and you know it can be identical. Now the person I'm cheating off, I'll change.
Speaker 2: I thought I'm not cheating because that's copying. This is not copying, it's actually modifying. Going, oh, add one on there, take one off.
Speaker 3: You're putting it in your own words.
Speaker 2: Guess who now owns a Roger Federer?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 2: I got it. So I had to leave right before the end because it was going on quite late and Cinderella's got to get early in the morning. I've forgotten about the racket. I wake up this morning to an angry voicemail my boss going, I thought you were a copy of my art. So you've won that racket. He's going to bring it in this morning on the show. I own assigned Roger Federer racket. Not just that I cheated the boss out of it as well.
Speaker 3: And you're giving away on the show this morning to Lucky listen.
Speaker 1: The Christian Breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: In all seriousness, with that Roger federracket you won? Is that something that you frame and hang in the house or do you lean it against the wall in the garage and over time it just becomes part of the junk that makes it.
Speaker 2: You know, in all seriousness, Right, We've got a family friend who has really helped out and she is obsessed with Roger Federer. I've just got to work out now how you get it back to pommy Land, whetherout it being dinged or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to give it to them. Yeah, And because my wife told me that's what I.
Speaker 6: Need to do with it, that's what happening.
Speaker 2: On this You're going to give it and so it's nice for a second before you ruin nex So, yesterday we were talking about how the temperature is going to be getting hot and hot, and I did say yesterday that I've got a golf lesson just starting to learn how to play golf today and the instructor JP had caught me to say, hey, listen, Pommy, you've got this lesson booked in with me Friday midday. It's going to be in the forties. It's not a good idea. And I went, no, no, no, JP. I'm strong. I can do this, and he went, honestly, don't be here. I went, I'm fine. Yesterday afternoon happened. I was struggling with the heat.
Speaker 3: I rang him and thirty six thirty seven minutes.
Speaker 2: At one point I walked to get something from the shops and it was forty one degrees and just walking walking for about five minutes. I was just struggling. I wring him up. He doesn't even say anything. I hear laughter. He goes he on that seven a m. Saturday booking, don't you? Went, yeah, I'll see you there. No way am I going to be an hour and a golf of course, that midday I just keel over with him five just getting from the car carrying my clubs.
Speaker 3: Oh please, how surprised you didn't go for your old excuse of Oh the boss at works wants me to film something tomorrow. It's not the he JP. I'm going to film something.
Speaker 2: All right. So yesterday we were taking a lot of course about where I used to try and stay colt if you haven't got air con. And so we had a very very controversial call. An idea from this guy.
Speaker 7: I've got some tips for your frengile little English skin.
Speaker 8: What to do. You don't have a shower as hot as you can possibly bear it. When you get out of the shower, you'll sweat.
Speaker 7: Like a little pick yep.
Speaker 8: And as you sweat your cool down. When you're the same temperature as the atmosphere, you can't.
Speaker 7: Feel the heat.
Speaker 3: So you tried this yesterday last night, I actually couldn't. Like I was thinking of David's call, and I was like, I want to try it for the experiment to say I did on the show, but I don't want to go to bed a sweaty mess.
Speaker 2: No it worked, No, what.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this. I went to the shower before I went to bed, made it scolding hot so that it was, like you said, as hot as you can manage. Not too long after that, you you just feel like you're in a warm shower, So you're not uncomfortable anymore. Yeah, you get out and all of a sudden your body starts cooling. Down because you're in the shower. Yeah, I put the just the pedestal fan on and went to bed and I went straight to sleep because the fans calling down, My body's cooling down. Anyway, it worked.
Speaker 2: I'm just stoned. We had people who were calling in and emailing in moaning about that guy. Even podcasts is later on going what an idiot? Now, I don't know, amazing, David. I mean, I can't.
Speaker 3: Say how long it worked for because I did wake up several times during the night and I was too hot.
Speaker 2: But no shower they a hot cold one has that long effect.
Speaker 3: That's right, But for the immediate five, ten, fifteen minutes afterwards, it did have that cooling down effect.
Speaker 2: Well, this is interesting. So yesterday, before heading all the way back into town to go to tennis, I went and had a lightly on the coldest setting. Yeah, you know, I was literally like, you know that whim Hoff thing. So I was trying to like do these breathing techniques, but I forced myself to stay in them. Has three minutes on the coldest setting, and yet within a couple of minutes afterwards, I'm sweating.
Speaker 3: I think, well, I think he's right, Changer, because you're so cold, and then the temperatures.
Speaker 2: He was talking about how the atmospheric atmospheric. I think that was a bit that the science of it fell down. I'm not sure about that bit, but we must well try it today. Try it tonight, a hot shower and then let us know how you get on all right? Six twenty two we got the news and sport on the way and also Jackson charge of on this day in Mystery.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You know, yesterday we were speaking to international early morning listeners with our friends over in its earlier yep near Bologna and solo. Now to Steven who's listened to us online. I wouldn't normally speak to a guy at this because he spells his name Stephen with a pH.
Speaker 3: And I don't trust those peoples.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the same thing. It trickles down. He should be very very careful about people who's called Steve and who spared it with a pH. Same with Mark with a C. Judge you and I don't like it anyway. He's listened to us talking about the heat wave forty four to forty five degrees today it's snowing where he is, and he's a teacher. They've to shut the school, so his weekend starts early. Who already had Monday off because it was Martin Luther King Day, So he's just got the gift of a four day week.
Speaker 3: You know, I always watched The Simpsons as a kid and was so jealous they got days off for snow Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to go to of course, you never would have had that here all right then, So we started this this week only in the show. Then we called it on this Day and Mystery on this day, Mystery on this day. This is hot works. Each morning, Jack, Pats and I we take turns to take you back in history. On this day we give you a clue. We've got to work out what was the moment in time. Jack, you're in charge of it today. Yesterday it was to launch in nineteen eighty four for the first ever personal computer, the Apple Mac.
Speaker 3: Before I get to the clue for this morning, I'll give you one interesting one from nineteen seventy five. On January twenty fifth, it was the love asked Sunbury Rock Festival. Does that ring a bell for you?
Speaker 2: Pats?
Speaker 3: Sunbury Rock Festival in Victoria.
Speaker 9: White that old Jack, but yes, that was some just would stop ring a bell for your pats.
Speaker 2: Is that where you met Chris in the trenches? That ring about you?
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't trying to age you.
Speaker 6: I try because you're so you know so much about go to Grand Ole Lopery.
Speaker 2: Actually the paddle steamers ring about.
Speaker 3: Apologies.
Speaker 2: I did all brothers first flight.
Speaker 6: Hey you're the same age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but some of us wear it well all right.
Speaker 3: Seventy five the Sunbury Rock Festival, the last one.
Speaker 2: She's so happy reminiscent.
Speaker 6: Who were the Axe Jack?
Speaker 2: Well you.
Speaker 3: Deep Purple and a C d C. But the promoters had made such heavy losses on the festival that they only paid Deep Purple. And then when then ACDC was scheduled to play after Deep Purple, but a fight started on stage before between road fighting, Deep Purple would let them use their lighting or their PA, and ACDC didn't play the festival no way.
Speaker 2: There's a great documentary at the Moment Fire Festival on Netflix. Wow, that's a car crash, brilliant documentary. I think it just went up there last weekend. Well worth a look at that.
Speaker 3: But for the clue today. Actually, because it's a bit difficult, I'll give the year, which is nineteen ninety two. January twenty fifth. I've got two audio clues.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's have a listen to this great song, great band, amazing song, violent famous blister in the Sun, so obviously not released.
Speaker 3: That day, not release that today exactly.
Speaker 2: Gonna be careful, put your slips up on it, and you'll have a blister in the Sun song with a precursory tail.
Speaker 3: January twenty fifth, nineteen ninety two. Use those two songs together to figure it out.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you think it was on this day in mystery? What's your guest? Give us a called the Smaller. We'll take your calls next ninety four one four one oh four three nine four one four one oh four.
Speaker 1: Three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three on this.
Speaker 2: Day mystery, on this day, all right, let's have a recap from Jack. Then on this day in history, you're trying to work out what it was that happened on this day in history.
Speaker 3: January twenty five, nineteen ninety two. There's two audio clues.
Speaker 2: Number one, all right, so we go from the violent fans and blister in the sun too, this big band of the nineties. Do you ever see them live? Nineteen ninety five they played a festival in u Car. I was lucky to see that was amazing, absolutely amazing the night all right, so what was the date? Let's take some guesses now, Good morning, Ruth, Hello, Hello, how are you? How good? Yeah? How good?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think you get? What's your guest? Some mate?
Speaker 10: This is the very first Big Day Out up at Hordham Pavilion in Sydney.
Speaker 2: That's right, Ruth, amazing, amazing. I don't remember the wrowd. People still look at the lineups you had for Big Day Out, So tell us about that one. That was the first ever one.
Speaker 10: It was really good. Yeah it was well, Violent FeAs were headlining, but Nirvana.
Speaker 5: Just killed it.
Speaker 2: So you were there, Ruth, I was there.
Speaker 10: We graduated from high school just in ninety one, two months earlier, and we jumped in a car and did a road trip up there for the night and the day and come back.
Speaker 2: Can you remember how much it cost to get in? How much did it cost you? Then?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: Well I couldn't remember. I think it was. It was under fifty. It is about thirty dollars something like that. It was keeap really deep.
Speaker 3: When I was looking at this yesterday, I was reading about them bringing Nirvana out. They offered them four thousand dollars to play the festival, four thousand dollars in the weeks leading up to the to the festival. They became the biggest band in the world, and they ended up having to pay them forty thousand dollars still to do the show.
Speaker 10: Still to play. That's amazing because I saw them again. They played a couple of years later in Saint Kilda and I was lucky enough to get them to see them play.
Speaker 2: You saw they saw Nirvana in Saint Kilda.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they played. I think it was the Palace or the Palais Rememory.
Speaker 5: It a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: It was only about nineteen, I think a couple of years ag.
Speaker 2: I always the eighties and nineties. Yesterday in the eighties, you know what, I'm so jealous, Glad. I think it was you were lucky to go the first of a big day out because you had so many killer lineups for years and years. Ten years after that.
Speaker 10: One with Burke was awesome because Prodigy I think played the one of the early ones in Melbourne with Prodigy and Burke.
Speaker 2: I think that's right in the mid nineties. And then I remember in about two thousand and two, two thousand and three, I had an Australian boss at the radio station I was working on London. We every year sent a pair of listeners. We did a big competition off the Big Day Out. The lineup was the best of any festival in the world. I remember in two thousand and three I started to go down a wormhole looking at all the lights. You had the food fighters, Jane's Addiction, Underworld Queens, the Stone Age will Co so many brilliant beastie boys. A couple of years later headlining that two.
Speaker 3: Thousand and three Big d Out was the first one I went to. And Ruth, do yourself a favor and go on Wikipedia and look at the lineup of the years you went. It's such a great bit of.
Speaker 2: The nineties and two thousand. So many brilliant, brilliant bands. And also I'm looking down it's about sort of twenty to thirty different acts that played Big Day Out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it's amazing day. It was a great day.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, I can't believe I u's got the right answer. You were actually there, Ruth, Yeah, I was there. Awesome all right, thanks to take us down my riney name, Well downe have a great weekend, enjoy the long weekend, have.
Speaker 10: A good one.
Speaker 1: Bye The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So today's show then Phil Connins tickets in half an hour's time. The last song from our lovely Style of the Week Sharon filipino'collins last song, and also this cement mixerup makes a very welcome return as well. On that We've got something to confess to Pats in about twenty minutes time.
Speaker 6: During early Blood this year, are we boys in the first take?
Speaker 2: No? Nothing, but it's.
Speaker 6: Another Brian Adams quiz. You can forget it.
Speaker 2: I can't roll that out. I did have a meeting yesterday about another prospects of another Brian adamscooz by the way, But that and then before that, I was just thinking. Earlier on we were playing this song and talking about Big Daut the first ever lineup for a Big Day out. I was playing this blister in the Sun and bringing song by the violent fans, and I was thinking maybe this morning on the show eight or nine, could we play songs about the heat wave? It's going to get up to what forty four? Pats? Is that righty four? That is crazy. We've got to work in that heat. So could we build an hour of songs between eight to nine to try and cool you down? Or about the heat wave? So you could have blister and some yep, always suntown notion. It's a precautionary song, Jack, what do you reckon?
Speaker 3: We could play I've gone for a call you down type song?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, she's just hearing someone going on again about ice as a calming effects on you. It's hypnotty. So we're gonna need your help because obviously we did have songs planned from eight or nine. We've now got nothing. We've literally flushed the system. So we need your suggestions of songs to try and cool us down, or about the heat wave. You could have the Beatles. He comes to some dancing in the dark by the Boss.
Speaker 3: Do you think I like dancing in the dark? But it does feel cooling, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you remember that? Is it? Immy? Here comes our step up? What he never sung it like that, but hopefully you know what I mean, because we won't have it in this I don't think we've got it in the system here have we?
Speaker 6: Can I make a request?
Speaker 2: Of course you can? Yes, what's your name? First time?
Speaker 6: Can I make a request and let it go?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Nothing else? Great? Lovely? Yeah, yeah, added to the mix. That's a that's a good one as well. We're going to open up the open up the lines right now then for your songs to call us down or about the heat nine four one four, one oh four three. What have you got for us? Let's build the hour together. We're starting from scratch nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are trying to provide a public service today, at least for one hour this year, we're going to only play songs between eight and nine picked by you that will call us down, all right, songs to cool us down or about the heat wave that we are going to have today up to forty four degrees morning. Christian can't call it, I'm driving, but you can text. We'd love to hear. You can dictate a message. We'd love to hear some like it Hot by the power Station. That was a brilliant kind of project between Robert Palmer and John Taylor from Duran Duran and someone else from dan Chan as well. Great song Pete and Abbotsford. That's a great one. Let's got a Doug infern Tree Gully. Good morning, Doug. Not too bad struggling with a very very substandard air cone in the studio this morning. How about you you on the road? I am, I'm heading into work not looking good?
Speaker 7: Do it at all?
Speaker 2: What do you do? Doug? Mechanic crikey? So you're gonna be stuck it out? We get there's no air con at the garage.
Speaker 12: No, definitely not there.
Speaker 7: We've got a couple of fans, that's fair.
Speaker 2: But those fans often if they're all they're doing is it's just circulating warm air into your face.
Speaker 7: Well, exactly right, and that's all we got to do with all right.
Speaker 2: We'll Doug. Then you know we need important music to try and cool us down. What do you think we should play?
Speaker 7: Well, I've gone with one that is to do with the heat with the heads on by Gwen Frey.
Speaker 2: Get In, Get In. We've got to play that.
Speaker 3: It doesn't just make you feel hotter.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't, does it, Doug? And it's the bit where it's cranking it up at the beginning. Did that bit? You know? It says it's hot. It's telling the truth. All right, Doug, I'll stick it on, okay, buddy, beautiful? Thank you? All right, have a good weekend, Aaron, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Karen, and I hope you're well this morning. Thanks for cooling the shoe. What song can guarantee coolness? Do you think, Karen?
Speaker 10: Cool Change by the Little River Band.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's a great song. Yeah, very very good. Cool Change?
Speaker 3: And Karen, how good is the cool change? When it actually comes? I'm looking for it three o'clock this afternoon. It's predicted. There's nothing better than sitting through the hot day and then like that wind comes through and.
Speaker 2: Just even a slight breeze.
Speaker 10: It's going to be very nice when it comes through my apartment door on the fourteenth floor.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're inviting some people up there. Take your pants and hat off. She's not denying it either, she's up there on the fourteenth floor. Boys, all right, Karen, thank you very much.
Speaker 13: You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Have a good day. You're out of control.
Speaker 2: That's a good.
Speaker 3: Darryl, Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 10: Know it.
Speaker 2: Darryl.
Speaker 7: How are you today?
Speaker 2: That's christ Yeah okay. And what's your song that we could play?
Speaker 5: This is Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get used to it. Yeah, suck it up, Princess, it's hot. Thank you, very thank you, all right, take you having good weekend. Darryl, buddy, thank you. I'm always slightly scared when he's puffled with no, no, because he's he's like a firework, you know, he's sparkles for one and you gotta be careful. Ray. Good morning, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 2: We're good, right, have you well? What songs can we play this morning?
Speaker 5: I've got a queue for you. We could have on Fire by Bruce Springsteak.
Speaker 2: Yes, great song, Yeah, hate.
Speaker 5: One, Boiling the Romstead.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But do you not think the old Martha, even the Van Della's one is this is the is the real definitive heat wave song? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the original one. If you want to play that.
Speaker 2: Well, I do want to fall out with this as over heat wave versions. And you got another.
Speaker 5: One for us I've got a cue actually a New zeal And bend my sixth burning up.
Speaker 2: Yep, okay, cool, you're now yeah, yeah, we're going deep cuts now all right, Ray, thanks for giving us all of those, No worry, thank you, all right, just take one more, Matt, Good morning, good morning. How are we? We're good Matt and I hope you're well this morning in the heat. I am.
Speaker 7: You've got to play Billy Joels. We need to start the fire?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, how.
Speaker 2: Can we forget about that one? We should kick off the hour with that. That's a great one, brilliant song. No worries, all right, Matt, enjoy the long weekends.
Speaker 7: We'll do see you later, all right.
Speaker 2: If you got any more for us, give us called nine four one four one O four three, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three lots else you'd have win a pair of tickets to go and see Phil Collins and then instantly find out whether you get them upgraded to be front row and go on a backstage tour with me and or a gig pig that I'm married to called my wife, so you can have a nice backstage tour with us, and then you get to be front row for the show next weekend. So Phil Collins not dead yet. It's here next Friday week's time, Friday and Saturday, the Saturday show on the second of February. I don't believe we're going to be to February next weekend. There are some tickets still available for that. You can get them through ticket Tech. Now, obviously we're going to have once we found out the winner in a minute, we will have had five winners this week. We're going to put all of them into a drawer to work out who gets upgraded to the backstage tour and the front row seats. And I thought, because we started this week with the cement mixer, we could put five golf balls in the cement mixer their initials on each or Monday m for Monday's winner. Now what we were going to do, Pats, We were going to put the cement mixer. You know, when we got it out Monday, it was deafening with a load of off boards. It was it was actually too loud. We weren't going to put it in your news booth and have you run it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 2: No, the thing is last night engineers dismantled a cement mixer, took off one of the doors and your news door off its hinges to try and get it in.
Speaker 3: They couldn't do it, couldn't fit it through the door.
Speaker 2: And I thank them for doing that, right, I mean, poor there's this heat and you're trying to dismount a great big cement mixer. If you look on your door frame patch, a lot of the paint has been chipped.
Speaker 6: Off some I wondered about that.
Speaker 2: This mom got stoved in.
Speaker 3: They even started building a special trolley for because the wheels off it. Put it on the special trolley and then get it through the door. But they just couldn't fit it through. No, then then we're thinking about taking the window out. Apparently this has gone too far. Let's forget it. So look, this isn't my idea. This is the engineers to come back to me said, look, the next best room with an other than the news booth with the acoustics. It's not the studio actually, it's suit the boss's office, you know. And I don't want this to happen. What we need to do in twenty minutes time, but you know, look they're the sound engineer expert. We can't have it in here again. It was just too noisy.
Speaker 2: You can hear and see. The boss said that. She said, look, it was too loud and it's too irritating. So right now, Jack, you can see the boss's office. Yep. Describe the scene.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't say her because there's a big cement mixer in the way between right by her desk, between my view and her sitting right in front of her desk, almost like it's in a job interview. Is the cement mixer.
Speaker 2: It's Huggy's replacement. So in twenty minutes time, you're going to go down there. Yep. By the way, the interest says you have to close the door. Yeah, okay, so especially because I need to be here. I don't want to hear any noise bleeding through. No, no, no, exactly, So you need to close the door. The boss needs to be in there as well. Right, this is the next to the cement mixer. She can put some of the things in the golf balls. Yeah, she put that again, involved in it, okay, all right, So you want to be in the drawer, you want to be in the cement mixer in the boss office. Here is today's Filipino Collins. This is Shanna Lovely listener. It's from the Philippines. She has been a star this week, singing her a beautiful native language a Phil Collins song. This is a tough one. It should be the last chance tickets. What's today's song from Filipino Collins.
Speaker 9: Ladies and gentlemen get excited one the only the amazing Filipino close della loma pooso isna.
Speaker 14: I'm humay me devout mug back guy lanman?
Speaker 4: Are you in the long foo? So he is Sara, I'm hungry my gu sama barbu.
Speaker 2: I said tough one Okayan man. Until that last five seconds she dials it in. What's the song?
Speaker 14: Pooso Isa, I'm humay me devout marg bar guy line man, are you in alone?
Speaker 10: So he is San.
Speaker 4: Marca Samma Babou Margo barkuy line beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you Filipino Collins, give us a call. Nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Okay, last pair of Phil Coons tickets We're going to give away, and then you go straight to find out where they're gonna get them upgraded to the backstage tour and also front row seats as well. Just gonna guess what today is. Filipino Collins song is our last one from Sharon.
Speaker 9: Ladies and gentlemen, get excited one the only amazing Filipino Colo.
Speaker 4: Fell on Pooso.
Speaker 14: Is homady me devout marg bar guy line?
Speaker 4: Are you in a long foo? So is I'm hungry? Mother back eyne.
Speaker 2: Several times doing that. You can just you can get the song and then I think she I don't know what happens, she goes somewhere else.
Speaker 3: This is the hardest one for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's take some guesses. Miranda, Good morning, Miranda, Yes, I'm here. I love Miranda, Welcome to the show. What do you think the Phil Connins song is?
Speaker 15: I think it's too hot?
Speaker 2: Well done? Well, you are the last one of this morning. You've got your tickets, all right, that's guaranteed. But Miranda, stay with us. In five minutes time, we're going to find out whether you are the one out of all the winners this week that gets the front row seats, the backstage tour and the entire Phil Connin's back catalog. Yeah, okay, all right, stay there, Miranda. So this was a song PA again recorded yesterday the semi final because Vona daw was on the main COLP. You saw it was yeah, it's great, all right. So we now have far five winners, and after this break we're going to be back and chat. Will be in the boss's office with the cement mixer, five golf balls representing each one of the five winners. How are we going to do? Are we going to initial or are you going to just do mt W?
Speaker 3: I'm going to number the one to five. They will correspond to a name. Clever, you will have the names I'll give you.
Speaker 2: We're still working everything out, all right. So obviously the boss is in the office. She gets into work very early, so we just want to have a quick chat with her that she's okay. There's no shenanigans going on here. This is the this is the boss. He's not avoiding the call.
Speaker 3: I can't say because the cement mixer is in the way.
Speaker 13: This is twice in one week, I know.
Speaker 2: But it's good to talk. You know. The team that talks together beats Fox. Okay, now now listen. So I just wanted to make it clear that obviously, why there's a cement mixer in the office has got nothing to do with us. The engineers, They said that it's the room with the best acoustics after Pat's news booths. So you're going to have to have the door closed while the cement mixer is on. That's final.
Speaker 3: I'll be outside the room and you guys can be in here.
Speaker 2: With it on. No another thing. Health and Safety said they're a bit worried about Jack and he always needs an adult supervisor. So you are you able to be the adult supervisor? Apparently you're his line manager, so you need to be there as well. Hello, no legendary suicide, so a right great, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Let me just describe the scene. A very peed off looking boss in her tiny little office cubicle with a cement mixer in front of her, and Jack stood next to her. Doors about to be closed, cement mixer turned on, five noisy golf balls clanging around Friday morning with this heat, this could be our first bad idea of twenty nineteen. But that's let's go full steam into it and see what happens. So we've got a five winners then from the Phil Collins competition this week. One of them was about to have their tickets upgraded to be front row at a backstage talk with me next Friday night, the first show at Amy. All right, let's sill quick chat with all the winners this week.
Speaker 12: Then, good luck, Rick, Thanks Christian on Pailey, wait for.
Speaker 2: It, Okay, good luck, buddy, You're gonna be born number one. Let's meet ball number two. That's gonna be you, Christian, good luck, buddy, could be you, Thank you? All right, good luck. Let's go to ball number three. Kim, good morning, Good morning Christian. Okay, fingers cost came, it could be you. Let's meet ball number four, Ball number four, is you, Matthew, Good morning, Christian, good morning, ball number four. Good luck, ball number four, thank you very much. And finally, but by no means me, Miranda, you are ball five.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I know it's a dream come true to be called ball number five on the radio show. Let's now go to Jackie's in position next to cement mixer and the angry boss.
Speaker 3: Hello, Christian, can you hear me from the bosses office?
Speaker 2: I can hear you loud and clear. Just's got the atmosphere with the cement mixer and the boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's here.
Speaker 2: Can because he's got a tin leg. You mustn't do that. They've got rights, you know.
Speaker 3: Come on, mate, you know I just found out that Sue can over anything you do with the buttons in there on from a computer.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she can just take out songs or she could play the break now if she wanted to.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. We need to break that over the weekend.
Speaker 3: All right, do you need me to put her on?
Speaker 2: Or yeah? Yeah, a good chat with her? How was she all right?
Speaker 3: I put her? Are you finished this segment yet?
Speaker 12: Hurry up?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, we're just trying to just health and safety is said a word. Mean you're not wearing There's another high vis vest. You need to wear that as well because the lights are a bit dim, so there is a high viz. Jack should be handing it to you. There is a high vis vest you need to be I mean, I've just passed this on for health and safety. We've got to do this right. Your safety is very important to me. Oh great, boss, he second side two size and you're out. That's the way. She know what he runs it?
Speaker 10: Can we get on with it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, having back to Jack.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go, all right, maybe if we can we both speaker now you're all speaking?
Speaker 7: How this work?
Speaker 15: Hello?
Speaker 2: No, it's awful. Come on. You always moan about listeners on speaker phone and meetings. You knoww do what they do? All right?
Speaker 3: Well, now it might be a health risk now that I've got a phone called like over the top of the cement.
Speaker 2: Your commitment to the show. If you're not prepared to lose a limb.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm barring it up.
Speaker 2: You're right, glorious sound a small office cubicle. He's even irritating me. Keep it spinning for a bit. How's the how's the boss sparing up? With the noise in her office? That tiny little cubicle?
Speaker 10: Jack?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? All right?
Speaker 11: What's it doing?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm go one.
Speaker 3: I've got one.
Speaker 2: I'm going go. What number is it?
Speaker 3: The number is number one?
Speaker 2: Number one, Rick and number one coming down? Bull one. You won bull one.
Speaker 7: Well done, Thanks Jack, good work.
Speaker 2: Well done. Rick. You're going to be joining me next Friday backstage tour and you're going to be in the front row for Phil Collins Live.
Speaker 13: That's fantastic, Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's all right. It's not bad, is it. That's awesome.
Speaker 7: It's just I'm singing my wife and I'm going to be milk and Nes for the next twelve months.
Speaker 2: Are excellent, Rick. I look forward to meeting you and your wife next Friday. We'll be doing the backstage tour together. Okay, Buddy, cool, thank you? All right? Well then, okay, Jack come back in.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, all right, bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the musage on the next hour, all picked by you Melbourne is cooling you down, Jack's not. You're not convinced that that is a song to call you down. You might be right. Actually, it just reminds me of the intense heat. But thank you very much. Pretty. It's a good excuse me plaber song anyway. Doug in Fern Tree, Guddy, that one's for you, buddy, Thank you very much. It's eleven minutes past stay Friday morning on the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. So we're going to start a new thing on a Friday now, We're going to try and go into the weekend and end the week with a bit of gratitude. I read a lot of these surveys where they say some of the people who are the most fulfilled and happiest of those who practice and have a lot of gratitude. We're very easy in life, especially us winging bombies, to moan about stuff. We're all moaning about the heat today. Part of me is also aware, I'm actually very very grateful about the lovely I don't have to work in outdoors, but I'm actually really excited to enjoy this month. I'm having the best January of my life. The sun's out due on the temperature is right now where I was living twelve months ago, minus four right mineus lot. I know it's too hot today, and it's easy for me to say in an air conditioning studio, sat on my backside, But the weather that I've enjoyed because of the summertime this month, I'm really grateful for that. It's amazing. I've never had January dart this. It's normally bleak, miserable. You just want January to be over. This has been a Mazey've done some great stuff this month. So one of the things I want to be thankful for and thank you Friday is the weather. And what we want to do is open this up to you and open up to the rest of the team as well. But we're going to call this thank you Friday.
Speaker 11: Christian o'connells, thank you for Friday.
Speaker 2: Thank you voice Ober guy. He's got ranged this week. He's doing good for twenty nineteen y seven. Mirle, well done you. The person I want to thank is the chief executive Kieran. Yesterday he helped me win at the Australian Open. He helped me when a Roger Federer signed top of the Range Wilson racket. I can't believe I own a Roger Federer signed tennis racket because you left.
Speaker 3: Before you won and he let you know that you've won. Has he got it with him now? Yes, he should be chopping off. Do you trust him though? What if he does a bit of oh yeah, meaning to bring that actually it's at home.
Speaker 2: It's not just that when he finds out how I won it were I looked at his answers to the question of how many sets, how many aces would the game have? And all it is I look at his answers because you're a mega tennis fan, and I just changed one by adding another nut one and changed the other one to aces to just going down one beneath his guess. So he helped me win a Roger Federer signed tennis racket and I own Thank You Friday. Who do you want to thank Jack?
Speaker 3: I would like to thank Young Green Food, the Asian restaurant on Brunswick Street, for serving their nachos with the corn chips separate to the topping. Oh and not until you've had the separated nachos where you realize how much how good it is to get the perfect corn chip to topping ratio every time you.
Speaker 2: You can work out your own mix.
Speaker 3: That's right. There's not an overly dry one or an overly cheesy one. You get the corn chip, then you put the topping on how you like it, and every bite is perfect.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? The only way I can say I agree is if they send us some next week on the Breakfast shows that you're going to turn this thank You Friday feature into plug and send me more free stuff. I want you, But see what do you want to thank of Thank You Friday?
Speaker 6: I'd like to thank how local oz postman because he delivered a package yesterday and we went home, but he hid it in a place so he didn't have to card me and I didn't have to go out in the heat.
Speaker 3: Yes, pads, I hate that damn card.
Speaker 14: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's awful when you see that dreaded you weren't here. You now need to go and spend another calories coming to get it yourself.
Speaker 6: And you'll never get a park at the post office.
Speaker 3: It's just a bull lake And then you wait in line. You actually sometimes you spend more time going to pick it up from the post office than just going to the shop and buy.
Speaker 2: It's a huge, huge bully.
Speaker 6: So that was a lifesaver for me.
Speaker 2: Oh good one.
Speaker 3: But now we know your house is like vulnerable to theft because.
Speaker 2: A second, guess where do you think you left it? Rather side by one of the bins, in one of the bins in that like.
Speaker 3: At the bottom of that big lake by the end of your house.
Speaker 6: We've got a special hiding place.
Speaker 2: Was it by the pick pet trough? Stop it all right?
Speaker 3: That flaming bin that you got, the burn bin the.
Speaker 2: Donkey's state donkeys stay with it all that great big wolf you have for a dog?
Speaker 7: Was it?
Speaker 2: It was in his kennel or house? Just in his hair?
Speaker 6: He's got a covey house for a cane?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Crystal? Husband? All right, give us a call. Then, who do you want to thank? Come? Thank you Friday? What do you want to be grateful for? Nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one oh four three?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: If you didn't coner it worked for me? Yeah, it worked for me. Did it work for you? Melbourne? For the Ice Ice Ice Baby? All the music this hour is picked by you. Get your hands off that. That's mine. That's my tennis racket. Why is the chief Exactly? You shouldn't be touching it. You're devaluing it's worth.
Speaker 3: Why did you take it out of it wrapping? Exactly?
Speaker 2: You can't do that. He's probably lost thousands off the value of it. Now, that's not one. He's taunting me with it right now. Eight twenty on Gold one oh four point three. So we're doing thank you Friday and the week with some gratitude. What do you want to be grateful for? Tell?
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 2: What I want to be grateful for as well is Black and Gold, just down the road from us on extreme yesterday, January. You know these places, they've got a lot of slight new menu, haven't they. Yes, some men's new chicken sandwich, chicken chili, avocado AO. I toasted amazing the heat from the chili with the friendliness of your old friend mister Chicken, who never does any harm in a sandwich, does he. You know, he's a flexible friend. You know you can mix up chicken with a lot of things, you know, palm obviously on top of there. So it's all good. But yeah, honestly, you've got to try it. Never had it before.
Speaker 3: I didn't know we were going back there since we ordered those two sandwiches like.
Speaker 2: The show before. All right, let's go too, Thank you Friday.
Speaker 11: Christian o'connells, thank you for Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, who do you want to show some love to, some gratitude to. Let's go to Catherine out the Peninsula. Good morning, Catherine, Good morning, Christian. How are you I I'm frightened, to be honest, I'm friend of leaving the cozy air on the studio and what the heat will do to me. I actually think I might melt today on the streets of Richmond. Do we just stay here today, to just stay in the station all weekend because the air cone's good? Catherine, how are you surviving? How did you get on yesterday? Did you manage to sleep out there in the peninsula? We did.
Speaker 13: One thing I'm grateful for is my husband putting air conditioning in both ends of the house. Yep, but so it made it bearable to sleep. But you should be scared of going outside. It's thirty two degrees and I am thankful this morning that my dear old Golden retriever who's nearly twelve, decided it's far too hot to take money for a walk this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I my dog. I've got a German Shepherd dog and they are big dogs, right, and she does not want to go for a walk today. She just looks really fed up, to be honest, you know, she wash.
Speaker 13: They look at you and they go, yeah nah.
Speaker 2: I think Ashally, Catherine, you know obviously got air cone out there at the peninsula. I think even the air is air conditioning on the peninsula. It's just naturally air condition isn't it. It's thirty six up here in degree Yeah, we're struggling down here in the City's right for you guys out in the peninsula there and the post peninsula.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, I'll just go put my door on.
Speaker 2: Okay, you haven't got it on already, all right, captain, have a nice long weekend, a mate. All right, let's go to Marcus. Good morning here going Gold. Yeah, we're thank you very much, Marcus just addressing us as Gold. I like it, Marcus. You know that too, Marcus. Who do you want to thank the thank you Friday?
Speaker 12: Matt, I'd like to thank the emergency services, you know, the CFA, the Ambos Police, ses, everyone, because what you think about it, on days like today, it's already stinking hot and you know, God forbid there's no fires, but you know they've got to kick up in all their jackets and pants and you know it's going to have what I say, at thirty forty degrees in the car. So how do they feel? And there in front of the fire, So pads off to them. You know, the everyday legends that don't get enough credit, no true.
Speaker 2: And they don't get paid enough fire that Marcus, that's really cool for you to give them some love to I'm sure they listening appreciate that as well. Do you know what our engineer Dan, he's not here today. Do you know where he is. He's a volunteer firefighter. No, he's not getting ready because actually with the heat, high risk, going to be very very careful.
Speaker 3: And we're moaning about things that I'm working in this year.
Speaker 2: What was dead this morning? Yeah, saving mine con doesn't go down to eighteen, he's going to be a firefighter. That's pretty amazing, all right, keep the calls coming, nine four one o four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Obviously going to be very hot here today. Yesterday Baking Hot in Adelaide and Pub did a great thing. And then if he saw this on the news, it's an amazing idea. The Red Red Line Hotel in Adelaide said, if it gets as high as forty five degrees today, if the Mercury gets up to forty five degrees, free beer. It was around forty three, forty four and then it got to forty five and they did give away free beer. There were jat there were ques around the block. You can imagine why wouldn't there be You're for a free beer is too good for anyone to resist.
Speaker 3: Do you think the publican knew was getting up forty five or do you think you thought, hey, it'll be forty three forty four, It's never forty five.
Speaker 2: No, and it gets up and they have to commit to it. So I'm wondering anything, Adelaide do Surely we can do better than that in Melbourne. Do you think there's any way we could try and find a pub by the end of today's show? So you've got about an hour and twenty minute so I left on today's show where if it gets to what's it going to go to?
Speaker 6: Pats forty four?
Speaker 2: Do you think there's any place of when it gets when it gets to forty four? Even it was just for an hour free beer, yep, only for our listeners, Gold listeners. You have to Why do you want some stinking old, sweaty Fox listener turning up blasting out some god awful R and B from their ute or something like that. No, no, no, no, no, we know want the Fox ones. Get back off. Eddie McGuire and Darson Anderson. You're not hav enough free beer now we want to just for the delicious gold one oh four point three listeners, We'll give them a code.
Speaker 3: Yep, okay.
Speaker 2: They go up to the bar and they say something like, I'm a golden monkey. Chap the nose, tap the left sun of those three times barman or the barkeepers we call them back in pommy Land and sixteenth century, the barkeeper simply turns nods his head, start to pull you a free beer and there's no money charged.
Speaker 3: Say no more, may no more.
Speaker 2: I am a golden monkey. So we need right now is a pub who's prepared to offer free beer when it gets to forty four degrees. It's not worry about forty five. Forty four degrees. You're for free beer. If you're a pub that's up for doing that, please give us a quarter k. We'll give you some love, give you some plugs nine four one four one o four three. But for now, I'm a golden monkey.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It's forced to listen to Smooth and a taxi the other day and some half dead comatose presenter came on Smooth and he came out the back of Billy Joel when he went Billy Joel, don't know way he thought, this is a bit to shouting to say Billy John, Billy and Joel, thank you for joining me today on today show. We actually ended the show with this thank you. This is what we said, Billy Joel, thank you for your company today on my show on smooth. Everything was so smooth. You may thank the listeners. All right, So we're looking for a pub that's appair to do what a pub in Adelaide did and when the temperature gets to we're saying forty four today to give away some free beer, even it was just for an hour. And we have someone who stepped forward. It is you, Bob.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Ga Helli Christian.
Speaker 2: I'm great. Listen, thank you very much for responding to our call out. Tell us about your pub.
Speaker 7: Where are you?
Speaker 15: We're in Lenix Streudian, Richmond, number sixty four. It's one hundred and forty five year old pub, still original.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, you're down the road from us. We're just off Lennox Street, Richmond.
Speaker 7: That's very dangerous, very dangerous.
Speaker 2: No, it's great, it's great news. And what's your bub gold the all Nations Hotel. Now, did the front bar used to be filmed there?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Exactly, mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's good enough for Mick, then it's good enough for us.
Speaker 7: Okay, we did the first two seasons there.
Speaker 2: That must have been great fun.
Speaker 7: It was. It was a heodlu Do you know what?
Speaker 2: I've been looking for a proper pub here for since I've got here, like the last eight months. You know, there lots of great bars here, but a proper old fashioned cozy pub. And now you volunteer yours. I might come down to that lunchtime and have a little cold one.
Speaker 7: Fantastic, mate, I'll ever shot you one there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, are you prepared to offer some free beer if it gets to forty four? To go? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Bob, if it gets to forty four one?
Speaker 7: Who's got the sacred code?
Speaker 2: Did you hear that? The secret codes? You tap the nostril three times and you say to Bob or any of his great staff there at the All Nations Hotel on Lennox Street, you say, I'm a golden monkey. Listen, good on you, Bob. That's a great offer. Now are you going to Obviously I don't want you losing too much? Money. Are you going to do it for an hour? How do you want to control it?
Speaker 15: Bob, we'll do we'll do it for an hour once it it's forty four. I've got the egg conditioning, and so I said to forty two.
Speaker 2: Bob's a smart man.
Speaker 3: And Bob, what's the rule with like? Somebody just keep coming back with a fake mustache in different glasses drawn on.
Speaker 7: They're there for an hour, that's fine, no problem, all.
Speaker 2: Right, great, listen, Bob, I think I might I might come down today. You don't have to give me a free free one. I gladly buy one, but I might come down solo to the All Nations Hotel today.
Speaker 7: All right, who's the official temperature? Take it? Who's the official temperature? Take it?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 6: Your meteorology has a website of current temperatures and that you can.
Speaker 7: Take one if you want.
Speaker 2: No, we're not going to Never trust a landlord. Never trust a landlord, no way. All right, Bob, I'll see you at lunch.
Speaker 7: Time, saying Christians.
Speaker 2: All right, hey, everyone, everybody, get down to the All Nations Hotel when it hits forty four, get some free beer.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Bob the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: The first time ever. We're doing an at work time waste on a Friday. The boss asked me a very good question of the day. Why don't you do it a Friday? Don't know? So it is on a Friday, all right, so at work time waste. So you know how this works. We got one for you, the first ever Friday one on the long weekend Australia Day on Monday, asking you to make a movie Australian hashtag Strayer Movies. I've got fifty shades of good eight that's good, clever. Huh, you see what I done? Mortal wombats, good on you, We'll hunting Bruce al vegamighty great and the Tasmanian Devil Wears Prada. Al Right, so that's my make a movie Australian. What have you got Jack.
Speaker 3: The Hills Hoists have eyes?
Speaker 2: All right? Yes?
Speaker 3: Pub fiction, pub fiction that's good with the weather at the moment. Oh yeah yeah, No rain Man, no rain Man.
Speaker 2: So I got it now. I'm gont mo like mob the Blues.
Speaker 3: No, no, no rain no rain that's very good. Gold and Good Fellas becomes good blokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, they were looking for your Austraya movies Texas yours who mark have been ten? Time oh four seven five O three one oh four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three. Make a movie Australian.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for us, now to go through your first ever Friday at work time wasters. I'm excited to working a little bit harder on a Friday. All right. So the at work time wasted today is to make a movie Australian. Okay, make a movie Australian, Jackie, you ready to Mark? Ready to go? Okay? Fifty shades of Lammington's hm Bronze. I reckon, that's a silver. Fifty shades of Lambington.
Speaker 3: No, where where's the what's the gray? I don't don't like it?
Speaker 2: Okay, out back to the future.
Speaker 3: That's better. Gold.
Speaker 2: That's from flash Dude. Where's my beer?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? We always have to have one per day? Yeah, Silver, I.
Speaker 2: Know what em you did? Gold plus Dave in languor and well done, corrugated iron Man. That's gold double plus, very very good. David in Packing and well done King Thong? You know Thongs? King Kong?
Speaker 3: What's the King King Kong? One of the most famous movies of all time?
Speaker 2: Gold, Yeah, well done Jay in Warrigal driving Miss Daisy to the pub Silva, it's the heat I think for poor older Incrame and you can do better, dude, whar's the bar?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm Silver.
Speaker 2: Instead of my fair Lady, my fair dinkum lady, Gold Dan yell old tongue, uh lock stock and two smoking Aussies Silva Nightmare on Ramsey Street. Gold double plus, very very smart, Luke our good friend saying he's sweating his nuts off, and Noosa where it's already over forty four So.
Speaker 3: I thought we had the hotestay yea.
Speaker 2: Springs come on Clarity with a chance of sausage sizzle.
Speaker 3: Silver, all right, thank you very much of those.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Friday Morning and it's time for the first one of twenty nineteen Jack Post. Did he really say that?
Speaker 3: I didn't know this was coming back again?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Yeah, It's a great signal.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you want to pay respect to wisdom?
Speaker 3: I think we all say funny things on this shows, but none none.
Speaker 2: None of wise, none of whise. I'm not a wise man. Perhaps you are quite wise, but you're wi.
Speaker 3: Jumping on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah the breakfast radio. Okay, so this is compiled by a little sixty old boy over in England. Listener to the podcast, and it's Jack Post says something wise. He makes a note of it, and he sends it over to me as a top ten and I'm just here simply it's a messenger to count them down, Jack boast? Did he really say that? This week? The top ten? At ten? That's why we have money, so that you sell things, get money and use that money to buy the things we want.
Speaker 6: So he's laughing at the Wednesday Night, that's it.
Speaker 2: At nine, this could have been number one, Christian. My first deadly animal was a dead snake. Nothing more deadly than a dead snake. At eight, I want to go and see the Mule. Then I might just roll into whatever comes next in that cinema. I'm going to hide under the chairs.
Speaker 3: I didn't end up doing that, but I did say the Mule. It was good.
Speaker 2: At seven, my mum's cat would scratch me and I started giving it the finger every time I walked past her. Who hasn't wanted to do that to a cat? At six, we're exactly is this rock and roll Hall of Fame? Is it an actual wall with posters?
Speaker 3: Turns outathin Cleveland? Thank you for people?
Speaker 2: That's right. At five, my dog almost went up to a snake and said hello to it. I was like, come back, dog, don't talk to the snake. So much wise pet advice this week dog owners don't let them talk to snakes.
Speaker 3: Got worse, Yes, no wiser.
Speaker 2: At four, I look at a T shirt and go it doesn't necessarily bring me joy, but I need a T shirt to wear. At three, that's why you can't see the movie because your face is in the bowl.
Speaker 6: Pats very nasty.
Speaker 2: At two, Wait a second, Marty McFly invented the frisbee and back to the future.
Speaker 3: Three I stand by that.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go back this weekend and watch it.
Speaker 3: Watch the one, the one when they go back into the cowboy toss the world West one one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At one this week, though, for the best of jack posts, anybody say that you've got to be careful now people know there's money in that belly, They'll cut you open. Christian on the Streets, Thank you Wise One, Thank you Sam Stay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Cool change suggested by Caroen and the Docklands by Little River Bands. Thank you very much for his songs suggested as they We did a whole hour between eight and nine. There were so many good songs. We pulled that one back to end with this week, Well, what a week We've had about so much fun and we need a three day break, don't we every week? So the new way, it's going to work five days on, three days off. Okay, yeah, four day week next week. So today then when it gets to forty four, and it will our new friend Bob down at All Nations Hotel when it gets to forty four for an hour yep, free beer only to you, Lucky gold one of four point three listeners and our breakfast show listeners. You need to tap your nose three times we see Bob or any of his staff and say I'm a Golden Monkey. A Golden Monkey. Free beer will be presented to you. Amazing. This is great. All Nations Hotel down on Lennox Street title of Today Show.
Speaker 3: It might as well be I'm the Golden Monkey.
Speaker 2: I'm a Golden monkey. Stay safe, stay cold, stay chilled, of course, all day long seeing by listening to Gold one four point three. Luck it in my friends, enjoy the weekend. I'm off to Ocean Grove for the first time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's staying at Huggy's caravan. He's got a caravan there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For years it was his as a kid and he's done it up.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, right, okay, no, We've had a little airbnb for two nights. We'll go to Early Friends fiftieth on Sunday night. During the day we're going kayaking.
Speaker 3: Oh good Luck is.
Speaker 2: Going to be safe out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if for shot comes, you'll be above water.
Speaker 6: They did have a sighting the other way.
Speaker 2: No they didn't. They did. No, that's enough. There's no sharks. Ocean growth there is.
Speaker 6: It's the seat.
Speaker 2: What the beach. I'm not going to ocean.
Speaker 7: No, no, there was no.
Speaker 3: It was Huggy swimming around
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three