Speaker 1: Now, I had possibly the most wildest and quick turnaround trip to Africa in the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: I think you could say the weekend from hell almost.
Speaker 1: I feel really bad saying that, because we had this really beautiful reunion. My husband was on IM, get me out of here. I took the kids over to South Africa for us to have this like very genuinely beautiful moment on TV where we got to see him.
Speaker 3: Again, and it was stunning, stunning, so emotional, so beautiful, so many tears.
Speaker 2: It was like there was not a dry ironshit.
Speaker 1: The video was so beautiful. It's gone viral, but what well, I mean, it's it's been a lot of comments. I don't know what constitutes viral these days. Whatever, just it's viral. Go follow my Instagram Lady in the Cat and Brittany UK.
Speaker 2: I'm joking, no.
Speaker 1: But the thing is that I haven't really been able to talk about and for any parent who has done solo international travel with two young children, it's really really hard. Like I have trouble on my own and that's hard too, But the thing is when you're traveling with two little kids, like my kids are four and five and doing three separate flights, which was where our trip over to South Africa was. It was like twenty four or twenty five hours of continuous travel to get to see mat and we had the tantrum to trump all tantrums. So we got to Singapore and we had a one hour layover and I did not think it was the middle of the night. I get them off the plane and like, they are so tired, absolutely wrecked, and on the plane, they've both been playing with this sticker book. Like they both got their own individual sticker books. Such a good travel hack. If you've got little kids on planes three hundred stickers each. Wow, Like there's no way you're going to get through three hundred stickers, Like we've got stickers for days. So we get off the plane and it's at that point that Lola takes a single sticker from Marli's sticker book, just one. The tantrum that followed that went for forty five minutes until we boarded the next plane. Marley was so distressed by losing one single sticker that she tried to get naked because she couldn't handle the rage that she felt in her body.
Speaker 2: Get my clothes.
Speaker 1: I'm so angry I must be naked. I don't know what it is with my children. When they're angry, they get naked. Yeah, Lola's been known to take your pants off, Like I don't get nude when I get mad.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, kids usually learn from their parents. So do you and Matt just have an argument of a dinner and something? Start taking in clothes off?
Speaker 2: But different you cooked tonight, BRA's off? No, you cook pants off?
Speaker 1: No, we surprisingly don't. I think it's because they've got so much rage in their little bodies and they need to get it out in some way, and they know they can't hit their sister, so instead they just strip. For this is the thing, right, Sometimes your kids will have arguments like the ground zero of the argument itself is so dumb. It's so dumb that it's almost impossible to have any like understanding or reasoning or anything with the most outrageously stupid argument. And that's where we were at in the middle of the night. Well, I want to make you feel a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Breed just wrote in and said my son had a tantrum because his ears were stuck to his head.
Speaker 1: Bless him. He's gonna be happy for that. When he's older. My husband had to have a what's it called ears pinned back, and he paid a lot of money for that.
Speaker 3: He wants to get them taken off, so I don't think he's gonna okay. Hannah has written in and said my toddler had a tantrum because she decided that she hated her shadow and.
Speaker 2: It would leave her alone. She couldn't get away from her shadow. Just turn the lights off. No, put it in a dark room. Turn the lights off.
Speaker 1: We've got Tory on the line. Tory, what did your toddler have a tantrum about?
Speaker 4: She was upset that the dog could not carry her up the stairs. How dog?
Speaker 1: How big is the dog?
Speaker 4: He's a French bull dog.
Speaker 1: Very little.
Speaker 2: Well, she wanted to like ride him up the stairs.
Speaker 4: No, she fully wanted him to use his paws and carry her up the stairs.
Speaker 1: Hoh bless.
Speaker 4: She threw herself on the ground and she refused to come up.
Speaker 1: So understandable, understandable, Tory, thanks for the call. Jess. We got Jess on the line. What did your toddler have a tantrum about?
Speaker 4: She had a tantrum because we have two kitchen sinks and she only wanted one.
Speaker 2: Kids are so cooked? Did she know that people would die for two kitchen sinks? You're like, we're very lucky, Like that's lost, that's expensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was like, it's not a fixable problem. They can't remove one.
Speaker 1: What was it about the two things that she was particularly upset about.
Speaker 4: I think she only had just realized we had two because there's always been a cover on one of them and I was cleaning it and so, yeah, not a good morning. Absolutely melt down over the realization that we had too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her whole reality just changed. She freaked her out. Thanks for the cor jazz, Sasha, what did your toddler have a tantrum about?
Speaker 5: Okay, so was actually me that had the tantrum, but essentially what my sister stole my imaginary dug and I was in hysteric.
Speaker 2: Oh you meant as a kid you had a tang?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, but like, how did you know that she'd stolen it? If it was imaginary?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I would have been like four, And I came out and my sister then followed me, and she was patting the air and said, nice jucky, nice ducky.
Speaker 3: Do you know what though, if it's your imaginations make believe, and someone's gas lighting you into thinking that has been stolen.
Speaker 2: I can understand why you would have believed that, Like.
Speaker 3: While your imagination sort of switched into your sister's.
Speaker 1: Now, I like what you're trying to raise in this bridge. I am.
Speaker 2: I can understand this.
Speaker 5: Romatize me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually feel for you.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sasha, how old are you now?
Speaker 5: I'm twenty five, but I'm glad.
Speaker 1: That you've held onto this for all these years. I hope you got your imaginary duck back and your parents intervene.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I really did think though his question like how old are you when you stop having these tantrums? Because I thought, like five Marley's age five ish six. I thought that was on the other end of tantrums like that. I think tired plays a massive, massive, like a part in this. Also, you know you're never too old to miss your imaginary duck.