Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Show podcast yesterday.
Speaker 2: Lots of great stories about secrets that you try to keep from mom and dad, not just as a kid, but as a grown up as well.
Speaker 1: Some new ones that have come in. Nick. When I was.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, I wasn't allowed to have a TV in my room, but with my fat I remembered the big moment when you allowed the TV.
Speaker 1: In your worst thing I ever did for my school, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't out of a TV. This is this is amazing, this this story. I wasn't out to have a TV in my room, but with my first real job, I brought a small kind of TV. About months before Christmas, I snuck the TV into the house and installed it in my room. I then wrapped the box in Christmas paper and wrote to Nick from Santa on the card, place the gift under the tree on Christmas morning. Acted all surprised, I think once they realized that thing's.
Speaker 1: Been in this room for ages. He's bought himself, but it was it was too late. There wasn't anything they could do about it. Nick. I love that one, Darren.
Speaker 2: When I was young, I'd always want to go to local milk bar with my friend to play the arcade machines. One day, I remember my dad had a fifty cent coin collection.
Speaker 1: Did you pursue that coin collection.
Speaker 2: That big jar and then go to the bank or supermarket about every six months?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But or is it a coin collection, like a proper coin collection, like you would collect stamps and they're one of a coin fifty cent points?
Speaker 2: One day I remembered my dad had a fifty cent coin collection, some rareer than others. So every weekend I take about two to three dollars worth of coins and use them to play my games. There were so many little bags of coins, let's just say around twenty bags. By the time my dad had noticed something wasn't quite right, there were only two.
Speaker 1: Or three left. Not exactly A very observant dad was he.
Speaker 2: Let's just say I didn't go to the mill bar for a very long time after that. But Liinda, I waged school to go to the cricket at the MCG. My dad saw me chanting in Bay thirteen live on TV A.
Speaker 1: B to the Christian o'crl's show. Podcast is Lindy.
Speaker 5: Oh hi, christ let's Lindy here. When I was fifteen, I hit a horse in the house. So we walked her up the backsteps, through the laundry and into the land room.
Speaker 3: And got a plate and cut the carrots up.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it took photos and Mum was out and didn't know anything about it. And then the phonos came back and he's Blackie in the house and Mum could not believe what she actually saw.
Speaker 1: I mean, Mum needs to go and get her ryce tested. I've been great horse. And she didn't notice anything.
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Did you said he let it upstairs? See a horse go upstairs? I mean, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: What's harder for the horse going upstairs? Horse downstairs? Mum never noticed anything.
Speaker 1: Alex Hi Christian.
Speaker 4: My name's Alexander. I was in high school and I thought it was really cool playing skateboarding. But I was running like and I thought I'd get one last trick in from the boy, and that last treek ended up with me jumping off the wall and breaking my arm. I hit it with a long sleeved t shirt from Mum and then next minute, at the end of her someone accidentally knocked my arm and I needlessly yell let out a little yelp, and she saw my arm and it was all robbing. Fortunately that wasn't too bad to.
Speaker 1: Break, all right, see, because she kept from my dad ninety four one one four three. Give us a call, Barry. Good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm good, Barry. How's your week going?
Speaker 3: Oh so goody good plan?
Speaker 1: Good to not Barry? And what are you try and keep secret from mom and dad? Basa.
Speaker 3: When I was a ten year old, my mom and dad took us camping and my sister and I caught a red belly black snake on the Barba River and I put it in a pillow case and I bought it home. She was sitting on top of it actually for six hours as we came back from Barba Forest to thank Kill to where we live.
Speaker 2: Barry, don't take this person, but sometimes some Australians terrifying me A snake.
Speaker 1: In a pillow case seats what?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wasn't happy, She was not impressed. My dad was a little bit busy too.
Speaker 1: But as parents for you sometimes be so unreasonable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I grow up to be a snowcacher. So there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, Barry, thank you very much. You care always going to hear from you. Mate, take care, have a good day, Alana.
Speaker 6: Alfer Mine in Christian how are you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm good. Thank you Eleanor and keep a thing secret from mom and dad. What's your story for us, Alena?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes. Back in the day when we're able to have bumfires, when I was eight my brother was about ten, we decided we'd make a donation to the local bonfire and went under the house and grabbed the seat of four tires. And about a week later my dad went looking for them, couldn't find them, and they turned out to be brand new set of tires. So I must say we're working a very good books for a few weeks.
Speaker 1: God you'd be furious because so expensive.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, but we thought it was a time.
Speaker 1: What a generous donation CuMo tirees. That's a great one.
Speaker 2: Alana will send you one hundred and fifty doll avoucher and cheme into her house.
Speaker 1: Can you sell some smelly some Christmas?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You behind years madam.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Got an email from Justine who listens to the show and catch up in Perth.
Speaker 1: The People's Republic Independent Republican Purspocourse I still forget that they.
Speaker 2: Are kind of part of a straight I'm surprised they let the email go out because of like North Korea. She went to Mart McGovern here's an email has escaped the border closures into stinky old Victoria, Christian, this happens to grown ups as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a tattoo that I got done about seven years ago. My dad's still hasn't seen it.
Speaker 2: I don't hide it from him, but I've never told him I got it done, and he's never brought it up. I don't know whether he's seen it, and is so aghast he doesn't. He doesn't talk about it. Then it hasn't happened, but I certainly don't. And even sometimes when we've been together, the kids will see me with my hand.
Speaker 1: Yet, and I'm not a grown up, I can do whatever I want.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Justine's husband and Adam passed his motorcycle test. I brought a motorbike. Didn't want to tell his parents even though he was thirty two, so would have to hide it whenever they were coming around rounded of friends. And then one day his mom decided to pop round, saw the motorbike out the front and guess that that must be his, and so it all had to come flying out. He was thirty four at the time, Christian, so he catch it quite for two years. So this still happens to grown ups as well. So keep things a secret from your parents, Ginny, and come on them.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 7: Okay. I was thirteen years old. It was a Saturday, and I went into town with my friends. Now and I went in. I had hair down to my waist. But I decided I wanted to be a punk rocker, so I went into the hairdressers and got my hair done like a skinhead, so it was like a little spiky hairdoo an inch long.
Speaker 4: And then I.
Speaker 7: Looked and I thought, oh my god, I'm going to get absolutely killed. So I decided I'd buy a cheap.
Speaker 2: Wigi and just Jillian, I'm guessing. So this is in Scotland.
Speaker 1: You had to go and buy a cheap wig in Edinburgh.
Speaker 7: Ye, Edinburgh, So it's inn like a joke shop, so.
Speaker 1: It looks like a grouch of marks one. It comes with the glasses and the fights.
Speaker 7: So I get and of course my mum notices, you know, why what the hell you got a wig on for But it wasn't till the Sunday night right that I went into the shower and she walked. She came into the bathroom and I'm not joking. She's about a heart attack.
Speaker 3: She actually shaken.
Speaker 7: I think she thought it was like a man in the shower.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast