Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Three Word Weeks so Far Wednesday morning. How's your week tracked so far? My three word week so far is on a streak? Kids, that's an actual app where you can track. You name what's the streak you want to keep, and then you track have you done it today?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And remember one of my daughters was on a streak of six hundred and seventy two days of chatting to her best friend every day. Oh that's so cute.
Speaker 2: It's hoot, fairies, guys, It's hoot, fairies. What's your streak?
Speaker 1: My streak is for the last three shows At four am, as soon as they get up, I'm going into the garret alone in the dark, so I turn the lights on. It illuminates upstairs and wakes up my wife and I get on my pa that's on and.
Speaker 2: I work out at four am. It is awful. It's so angry. No, no, I'm really angry. Four am. It's four am and.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to this as Dennis mind structures as going.
Speaker 2: Come on, Pedoton crew, let's go on. I'm angry.
Speaker 1: I'm almost actually crying with what in my life have left to this at fifty three to try and get into shape at four am. It's holding the garage as well. I'm wearing a jacket for the first time.
Speaker 2: It's a jacket.
Speaker 1: My cat Larry even came in this morning to just look at me, smugly stare at me. I could tell he was judging me. I was like, judge away, you don't know what it's like at fifty three. You gotta get out of bed, stop burning fat, getting too shape.
Speaker 2: That's very It's okay, Pedoton crew, let's go. Let's go, pedal b b bum. I'm trying to do it as four am right now, and it's fraightly aft. Is there a word for being impressed and also depressed at the same time. Yeah, that's me. That's it. Paradox of life.
Speaker 1: However, the buzz I feel once the ordeal is over, I've noticed, Oh my god, I feel like I go and cure the common gold.
Speaker 2: You've got a lot of inage. I've got to go because you know what I think I read last week.
Speaker 1: That actually is a good thing to do as soon as you get out of bed, go and have some pro to and then go and work out, right because actually you're telling yourself you can do something really hard immediately it's horrible, it's unpleasant. You push to resistance because first ten or fifteen minutes, even this smaller was like, I'm going to stop doing this. I'll do it tomorrow. It's the first week Barack after Nissa. But you know those stories, you're negotiating, you're starting negotiating with yourself. Why don't you go and have a cup of tea in a cookie right now? That actually would be a nice thing to do at four a rather than peddling for the next forty five minutes sweating any garage alone in the dark in a horrible way.
Speaker 2: It cold, But you know what's a great way to warm up. Get on an exercise bike. How long does it take to start not feeling horrible? Twenty minutes, my lord, at a twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Slight, and then you're looking at the clock thinking a minute, only a minute has gone, and that's felt like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it's like dog years.
Speaker 1: But I have to say I feel more energized than I normally do at this time of.
Speaker 2: The day, disciplined to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard patched, but I'll tell you what is that. Pushing through that resistance, you still need to do it. Ria was talking about hurting it, hurting your shoulder. That the real reason I'm going on this health keep now. I hit fifty three two weeks ago. I tore my part of a rotor cuff last year on holiday with the kids, super sperinatus. Then I did a really dumb thing. I never went to go get it treated. I just thought it would somehow get better. I don't know how right, And it was an actual it was diagnosed as a tear, and so I didn't I didn't go to get it treated. I thought this could get better until January when I realized it was a lot of pain, it was getting worse. And then I did a very very bad thing that you shouldn't do any middle ages.
Speaker 2: I stopped going to the gym. And here's what I've learned.
Speaker 1: It's a lot easier to stay in shape than get back into shape, which is why now I'm led to four am on a pedoton, crying and weeping and mumbling to myself in the dark.
Speaker 2: In my garage alone.
Speaker 1: At four am, I'm back on the It takes a lot more work.
Speaker 2: You're a pented but you know what he do it step by step. Guys.
Speaker 1: Come on, Burge and crew, let's go going alrighte News headlines on the Way, Christian O'Connell show, Go On podcast