Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Flapping my wings.
Speaker 3: I'm getting myself warmed up.
Speaker 4: Get ready, I've rated the cutlery drawer of mine.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, what is this? Liberaci's Christmas?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold, one oh four Pine three, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, It's the Christian o'con Gold eight minutes bout six Tuesday morning. Good morning, Jackie Boy, morning, Good morning, Patsy, Morning, Patsy. We got to just give Jack the floor right now. He's coming late this morning, and all he said so far during that song is just let me run today, please, if there's time in the show, let me run today. So he's called eight hundred rants, Jack, the floor is yours.
Speaker 4: I won't say who it is, but of Car Insurer. We're on the on hold to him yesterday. And it doesn't matter who you call insure. Is anybody tell coos anyone you're on hold for hours on end has got the speakerphone on listening to the same music our.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's stuck in a kind of infinite loop.
Speaker 4: Then the lady comes on. She's lovely, She's like, yep, okay, I can sort you out with the high car. Let me just put you on hold again so I go away and work out the details. So she puts us on hold again to go away and work out the details. Banker puts the phone back down on speaker. Gordon like that Stretch guy out of Fantastic four, reaches his arm mat, grabs the phone, mashes the buttons, disconnects the call.
Speaker 5: So what do you get stuck at the beginning? The worst thing is still in the beginning, because you've got to go through and when you see your phone, you send about eight different numbers you've had to press to go through which option you want, You've got to go through that option too. You've walked and you've got to go back through again.
Speaker 4: There should be an option that is, honestly I have been through before, let me through.
Speaker 5: You should be given a special code if you've done like the hard Yard, where you go, hey, this time, when you call back, press it, press trouble zero zeros and then that comes straight through to me. Sometimes I've asked and for so what's your case? I actually now say, in case we're disconnected or I get dumped, what's your direct line going? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do that as well.
Speaker 5: We're not allowed to direct lines.
Speaker 6: Oh what?
Speaker 4: Or they give you the number, They're like thirteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: I don't want the GA. How do I come straight through to you? If?
Speaker 7: Where are you?
Speaker 5: I'm going to wait outside in my car.
Speaker 3: Give me your home address.
Speaker 4: I don't want to start back at the beginning.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Jack, I.
Speaker 4: Had a terrible sleep last night because of it.
Speaker 5: So this is why you were late. Were you still on hold? Were you still pressing? Just get through?
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know, Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: In our house. Last full day of Ruby year twelve revision final exam, the final gowndown is tomorrow, and I was doing the last bit of revision yesterday evening with her. I said, how do you feel like you're just like looking so relief it's all going to be out? She goes, it's both. Actually, she's like fifty to fifty. She can't wait for the final exam to be done. So they're all going out for dinner tomorrow night to mark that. And then when I get back where I'm lighting a fire and she's burning. I've encouraged her to burn and release keep some of the revision notes for mentor. I don't know what kind of mentor that is. No one wistfully in their older years is going, there's my Pythagoras world. Oh bloody at it? That was crap at that? Why don't they keep this anyway? We're burning it all, she said. And also I cannot believe. But it also means that's the last day I'll ever go to school, which is such a big thought, isn't it.
Speaker 4: What's her subject?
Speaker 5: She is drama. I think it's one of the last VC subjects. Tomorrow is drama. Most of the kids finish today. That is one of the last peak exams today. But yeah, drama is tomorrow. What's going on with you? Paty?
Speaker 3: Oh, well, we've got a snitch in our house, and a liven year old snitch. With kids, you can't ever expect secrets to be kept.
Speaker 5: So they will always throw you under the bus. And so many times this mine are obviously older. Wife said, that is a dumb call to let your mum know that it's your choice. But I will.
Speaker 3: Remember first psychology, No Audrey. At the weekend, she wanted to get a frape at Starbucks after ballet so as a treat. So he did that. But when I really have a hate relationship with their containers, because when you put a straw in.
Speaker 4: It, the phrases usually love hate relationship, just hate hate.
Speaker 3: I should say, we're in Chris's new work car. They've all been given you lovely new cars. So I've shoved the straw into the container, and all the frape is just like sprayed out across the dash.
Speaker 5: Why does Chris even that you have drinks in there?
Speaker 3: He doesn't, that's the thing. No food, no drink. So frape is gone everywhere, and Audrey is gone for is just one of.
Speaker 5: Those drinks where it's just it's I think it's may to be spilt. Honestly, frapees are just a nightmare. They're like a volatile chemical, aren't they all.
Speaker 3: Over the dash? Anyway? Chris is a bit like a grandfather. He has this micro yellow microfiber cloth which is code for car cloth, and it's not I've.
Speaker 5: Got three microphones. That's good to have around.
Speaker 3: He folds it and puts it. That's got a special compartment in the car mine too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my god. This is a man who definitely does not let drinks in the car.
Speaker 3: No, So every time he gets in the car, he gives a dash, just a lovely little it's.
Speaker 5: Emergency, so's he got a front cloth.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so this was the Frappa cloth. So I'm mopping everything up, and I said, for goodness sake, don't tell your father.
Speaker 5: And she's like, we have a rule that we're not supposed to tell the kids. Don't ever tell the other person that. We try not to have secrets, but it's hard to keep that going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't normally say that, but I said, for goodness sake, don't tell your father. Anyway, So I got home, I washed the yellow cloth and dried it before he noticed, folded it up, put it back in its compartment.
Speaker 5: Some sort of Netflix crime. Don't tell your dad.
Speaker 3: I'm home last night from training. Chris had gone together. He comes in the door and he goes, oh, did something happen in the car at the weekend. She's told him she's a little sneech.
Speaker 1: Well. Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Anything, we were talking about the show. You can always join the conversation whenever you want. We never moved completely on last week. We were talking about names that you have for things.
Speaker 7: Joan has this, Hi, Christian, my name's Joan.
Speaker 8: My local chemist has got a robot in the back room.
Speaker 7: Who dispenses all the scripts.
Speaker 8: So they called him Spencer the Dispenser.
Speaker 5: Now, thank you, Joan. I love the idea of Spencer the Dispenser. Now do we really believe that there was a robot about that? Or is that what they tell Joan?
Speaker 4: Well, do you trust a robot doing your scription?
Speaker 3: Have you not seen them at your pharmacy? They're really cool. They're a machine. They sit at the back counter of ours, and it's you can't get into it, only the pharmacist.
Speaker 5: And it's not meant to you. Give it a goot, Charles Digger. It's all those drawers they've got there, and all those cartons.
Speaker 4: I seem to do my medicine cabinet at home.
Speaker 5: Can't get into it.
Speaker 1: How far are you?
Speaker 3: It's like behind perspects sort of glass or plastic, and it's got an arm. So they somehow on their computer say oh, yes, mister so and so needs fifty packets of esperate.
Speaker 5: And then Spencer will go up and it will move that on.
Speaker 3: It's the arm and it goes on like a little shoot and it comes out down the bottom like a coke machine.
Speaker 5: This can't be far from pups having that well.
Speaker 4: I told you about leaning.
Speaker 5: Over waving some money. Hey, when you get a Charlee just gets Spencer the drinks to Spence.
Speaker 4: I saw the robot in the chicken restaurant. I didn't go in by sawing through the window frying the chicken, making the chips. The robots are so close.
Speaker 5: Robots are so close. Robots are coming everyone. Yesterday's show, we were talking about disappointing tourist attractions of the world. Sadly a lot of you were throwing shade over the mona Lisa.
Speaker 7: Hey, Christian, this is Carl.
Speaker 9: I've just given you a call regarding an underwhelming tourist attraction. I've just got back from London and had to do a tour of Lords while I was there, and it is the most disappointing cricket ground I've ever been to, which is so small, the stands a tiny only if it's fifteen people. It's just so underwhelming. I took my wife there and she's just looked at me, going, you cannot be serious. This is it not exactly the most exciting place to go to.
Speaker 5: And put it that way, there's a theme here about Australians Traveler World. You don't like things that you think are too small Mona, Lisa, Nah, too small, Lord's too small. Make it bigger, not the big pineapple, Christian, Jack and Patsy. How did I break a window? I was on my rocking horse. This was the early seventies. I was only a couple years old. Apparently I picked a bit of speedless. I thought it was the album Cup and I managed to jocking my way through a glass sliding door without even a scratch on myself or my rocking horse. Become a jockey. That's from Lisa Christian who talked about the first proper gig or live show you went to see. I was very lucky. My first gig was Queen at Wembley in nineteen eighty six. You've ever seen the footage of This is one of the greatest live performances there ever, certainly from Freddy and the band. Gates opened at one pm. I got there at nine am, thinking I'd be the first there. Nope, about thirty thousand other people with the same idea. Supports include Status Quo and The Alarm. But the first band on very early in the afternoon, were in excess I didn't know in access Bill Christian till this day is still one of the best experiences of my life. That's rich. And then we do have Rod Stewart tickets at the moment, and I'm aware of a lot of you love Rod Stewart, and a lot of you have loved Rod Stewart for a long time. Like Laura here, Christian, my name is Laura die Hard fouan of Rod Stewart. She really is listened to this. There's no sentences in this.
Speaker 4: It just all.
Speaker 5: Runs into each other with a breathless excitement. Sixty years old and I've seen him every time he's come to Australia, a scream like an idiot. Don't laugh. I throw my undies on stage like I did in the seventies. Mind you, I was a larger lady then, but now, after a grasstic pie prass, I'm a lot smaller. I've tried all day to get tickets, no luck. I'm willing to pay top dollar to see my idol, my idol. My daughter came over yesterday and we were talking about and she said, Mom, if you get tickets, please don't throw your undies on stage. My reply to her was this time. They want me big Nanni undies but a G string. Oh then I was worried. What I'm going to fit my phone number on that Christian. I will do anything to see him. I will shovel shit if I have to, Laura, you don't need to do that. I've got a pair of tickets today. You can go. You can have my pair of tickets as well. Put your shovel down, Laura, take a g stream whatever you need to do to get your groove on. But you can go and see Rod Stewart. Double pass to go and see rodstew at the Rod Laver Arena. He's in March next year. Bring his hits tall to Rod Laver in the March fourteenth with Cyndy law Oper and John Steams as well. Tickets go and sell one o'clock this Thursday at Live Nation.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: I want to try and find out who's got an old band T shirt. I've got so many old ones, but my oldest one I checked yesterday goes back to nineteen ninety two and it's I know it doesn't fit anymore. It doesn't even fit my kids because I try to pump off of them. It's an oasis one for when their first single Live Forever came out. It was right before they broke bread because I was into them before they were really big cool. I know, yeah, I'm on the radio. I'm on the radio as well, like probably the coolest man in Melbourne. Number one, maybe number two, but no lower than that. Jackie Boy. If you've got some old band t.
Speaker 4: Should only go as far back is two thousand and seven.
Speaker 5: But that's when you were born, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yank and I have matching no effects band T shirt. Well not really, because I dragged her along to the concert. She never wears hers. I still wear wine sometimes.
Speaker 5: So you got his and hers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, only night she wore it was at the concert. I've never seen a power ago.
Speaker 3: Do you often like dress the same in your house?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: We we love these Levi hoodies. I tell you every day we're in those Levi hoodies out about little snuggles.
Speaker 5: That's nice, Patsy. If you've got an old band T shirt, I reckon.
Speaker 3: I can go back as far as about two thousand and two, two thousand and three, it was Brian Adams. It was room Service played at rod Relaver arena and same thing.
Speaker 5: He had a talk called room service.
Speaker 3: What was a new album room.
Speaker 5: Service running out? He pete with Summer of six room Service.
Speaker 4: He's in the hotel room.
Speaker 5: What can this album be?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 5: You know when they interview like really successful singers, and I guess actually very harsh because I wrote all my good songs when I was poor. That's what I like a lot of musics. They struggles of that first. Simply calling it room service isn't anthems to the common man.
Speaker 3: This is a great album, Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Where's my statement? Gets the first went private jets?
Speaker 3: Yeah the Love got got one as well, but I haven't seen him wear it like thank.
Speaker 5: Jack no, because he says room surface.
Speaker 1: On Christian O Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: This morning, we're asking you about your old band t shirts. What have you got, Christian? I have a U two Melbourne concert t shirt from nineteen eighty three that's from Sue, Thanks Sue. It's from Chris and King's Park thanks to jogging old memory. I've never thrown out my new Kids on the Block t shirt from nineteen ninety. I ave to try and find it. Off to work tonight, Mondern Christian Jack and Patsy my oldest band T shirts from nineteen eighty seven when I saw OMD supported by a little known band crowded house in Adelaide. Only worn it once or twice, but it's traveled many kms with me and all my various moves. It's hung up in my closet some Adison Christian. I've got a Voodoo Lounge Rolling Stones T shirt Melbourne, nineteen ninety five, Janes trev I have a signed T shirt from the concert I went to in the eighties from Talking Heads that I've only ever worn once. That's from Sammy. Awesome band, great live as well, Sammy. All right, let's say some calls nine four one four one o four three your old ban T shirts. Amelia, Hi, Hi Amlia, Hio, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Hi, Hi, Jack and Hi Patty.
Speaker 5: Yeah wave the whole team are waving out of me.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna T shirt from ninety two bon Jovi still wear it.
Speaker 8: So many holes in it.
Speaker 10: It used to be black.
Speaker 14: Now it's a faded like gray.
Speaker 5: Can hurt will Well, it's my to fall color now, faded like gray. Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Drove from Horsham to Melbourne to the concert, first concert as an adult man, my friend. It's so awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great live.
Speaker 14: I never forget it.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that because that would have been a couple of years after Slippery when wet?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yep, lovely, that's correct.
Speaker 5: Thank you pop quiz for me question. It's so good all right?
Speaker 15: Well Amelia, Amelia, thank you, Fader great like I said, well, Amlia, Amelia, this broker online one Amelia, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You com I have a good day. Let's go to Karen.
Speaker 14: Hi, Christian Hi, how are you going to take a long.
Speaker 5: Time meet the man? And Karen? What's the old band T shirt? You got? Mate?
Speaker 14: All the Noise Works t shirt from the Love Money to which only one so take you higher? And when I went and saw them at the Panthers Lee Scrubby in Sydney.
Speaker 5: Awesome and you do you look afterwards? It shoved in the back of a wardrobe somewhere.
Speaker 14: I'm actually get it in my hands now, so it's still good meet. But there's a cit area. I don't know. I'm actually feed into it. I wouldn't try And as I said, I won't be wearing It's a T shirt day on Friday because it's probably bitterly tight, so I'll be wearing a Mignight all one instead. But I've still got it. And the fact that what is that So and tenill team they're playing that some take you Higher, So takes me back. It was a great song. Michael Hutchins sang on the song, Picker Bull sing on the song.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's a chance.
Speaker 14: To listen to it, to work the song. It's a remake of the song for He's Gone By. But so I still got my Noise Work T shirt and still love them.
Speaker 4: Now Karen's setting up our own trivia questions and not.
Speaker 5: Going to Oh yeah, this is something happening now, Karen, thank you very much. Cooler, have a good day.
Speaker 14: Thank you too.
Speaker 5: Christian by Tracy Hello, Heycy.
Speaker 16: Hello, Hello Tracy. How are you all?
Speaker 5: You're Tracy. I'm a Christian.
Speaker 16: How are you doing today? I just blame spot.
Speaker 5: That doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. We get the regular the show is welcome to the blank Spot. We called it Christian and the blank Spot.
Speaker 17: I know.
Speaker 16: And it's touring with rain.
Speaker 5: What's going on right now? There's rain, blank spots and what about the band T shirt? Trying to get it back on the.
Speaker 16: Old shirt, the shirt and I've got a nineteen eighty three Simon and Girls Uncle T shirt.
Speaker 5: Bloody hell, that's amazing.
Speaker 16: Oh I know there's concert of NFL Park back then. I was front and center in the mosh pit if you could call that a Simon and.
Speaker 5: Bridge under troubled waters elbow in the head exactly.
Speaker 16: And I wore it the other day to work. We had a favorite T shirt day. That was a big but it's still yeah.
Speaker 5: And old Simon Funker one. That's amazing. Were the great?
Speaker 16: Can you still pitching in the head or anything? Everything's gone for stitching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's barely holding itself together just to air molecules.
Speaker 18: Through all the work.
Speaker 16: Yep, But I still got it.
Speaker 5: Great, Hie Tracy, have a good day. Thanks you cool mate.
Speaker 16: Thanks everyone.
Speaker 5: Bye bye bye everyone, Hello, bye bye. There's not that going on today.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 5: This week, what a prize twenty thousand dollars home entertainment upgrade. That's the winners prize this Friday thanks to Harvey Norman. Harvey Norman have the latest in TVs, fridges, washes, laptops, mobiles and more. You can shop in store or online. How do you win such a prize, and it is an amazing prize. You serenade for the upgrade. Pick a song, any song you want, put your own lyrics to it, record it on your phone. You don't need the backing music or anything. We will add all of that and you send it over Yesterday another record amount of entries. Thank you very much everyone, let's go through.
Speaker 10: Someone tell me, wow, what missing from your man case? Tell me wom loudroom needs to be say?
Speaker 5: Tell me why really want to here?
Speaker 10: See one ten up grade?
Speaker 5: Now. Yeah, of course you're singing this week. But look, this is not Australia's got talent. This is not a singing competition. Do not let lack of singing talent put you offer me entering this competition. No better example than yesterday's winner going through to the Grand Final.
Speaker 17: Friday, Sam upgrade me because I need to buy a new DV. I got a one year old with high cost taste. If I don't, you put me in the face, right in the face.
Speaker 5: All right. Sam goes through three more places, so you've got all the next couple of days to get involved. Make your own serenade for the twenty thousand dollar upgrade. Let's go to Christina.
Speaker 8: He's gonna love hear this.
Speaker 1: Nothing left to me to.
Speaker 19: Hear two hundred now but screen, trigger, motorcross, raymisnestivas and water speed all over my Sam Sun Sam bath.
Speaker 1: I see it. So come on Christian.
Speaker 20: Air to change enough brains.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, disparately, thank you Christina. Now let's go to Simon, who's got this from Buggles video Killed the Radio Star. I heard your show upon the Wireless last Friday.
Speaker 21: You said you've had an awesome price to give away, and now I understand I have to sing to play my cell system and my TV.
Speaker 22: Your second rate to win the hardy normal price would be so great.
Speaker 1: I know the twenty grand would go a long long wave.
Speaker 22: I'll never go outside never again?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: Side of this is pretty just taking a break here and.
Speaker 23: Stop the pictures of busy and breaks my heart.
Speaker 5: This is a bready won't great job? Rady well, very good? Alright, Let's go to Craig doing the beach Boys, not exactly the Mussam Brothers.
Speaker 10: Would didn't it be nice to own a big screen door, be so around.
Speaker 1: And lots of bases?
Speaker 20: It good real annoy my neighbors watching all the movies up till late.
Speaker 17: Hey, Christianity, if you gave me an upgrade, I could change my room.
Speaker 5: At up the stone wouldn't be These are so good. One final one this. We've got loads on the plant later on this morning. For now, let's go this Rachel's taking on the Beatles.
Speaker 11: Let it be when I'm sitting at home in my recliner, I.
Speaker 6: Can hear it whispering to me. I'm stained, old and broken. Upgrade me. There's a spring that pokes me in the house for one recline horizontal lee. You really need some new ones to sit after leeve.
Speaker 24: Oh, upgrade me here up please, I'd love to win that twenty ge.
Speaker 6: The dryers are so broken. Please help me.
Speaker 5: These are amazing, all of your entries. Thank you so much. So you've got the next couple of days you just recorded on your phone. Email it over to me christ at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au Carl a brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian o'carl show podcast.
Speaker 5: Yesterday we took about your first gigs and we had a call from Matt and his first gig was this year we give him tickets go see Credit House, and it's the first time he's ever been to a live music concept. Matt is thirty eight and he's now making up lost time he's been to America. I've been see a load of shows out there, but he didn't see his first live music concept until he was thirty eight years of age. So today I want to know, what did you call us up on? Nine four one four one O four three and go Christian. I'm years old and I've never so for me, I am forty nine. I've never sampled any of the Colonel's Fried Chicken. I've never ever done KFC, not a fast food So now we've done Macca's Red Rooster whatever, but I've never had any of the KFC words. I've never tried any of them.
Speaker 4: You've got to get into the popcorn chicken.
Speaker 5: But is it any good than any other fried chicken you get everywhere?
Speaker 4: No, the Colonel's definitely got his own recipe. That's why he keeps it the secret.
Speaker 5: Right, That's why I need to try. What about you, Joe?
Speaker 4: Well, that reminds me of another fast food one. I'm thirty five years old and I've never had any hamburger from McDonald's. What I always go the n.
Speaker 5: I love the nuggets there, right, that's my default. But you've got to hang over with I thought the cheeseburger is there for you.
Speaker 4: Once I find something I like at actually any restaurant, I'll always default to it.
Speaker 5: And so no, that is not nice.
Speaker 3: By that, I'm speechless.
Speaker 5: So never a double marcle.
Speaker 4: Just always the nugs.
Speaker 3: Never in Uni days after the big night out home.
Speaker 5: Really never been tempted, heard the fast, the hype over the decades.
Speaker 3: Now big max quarter pounds away Jack Parks.
Speaker 4: But what I can tell you, that's it.
Speaker 3: You're having one tomorrow.
Speaker 5: We're ordering mac Is Patsy. What have you never done?
Speaker 3: I've never been. I still haven't been to Europe. Like I've never been to London, and I've wanted to go since I was fourteen. I've never done that. And closer to home, I've never been to Lunar Park since Kilda.
Speaker 5: That's that's two very different. I'm just gonna have to take a moment here, right, We'll get to London a minute. Luna Part No, London one of the great capitals of the world.
Speaker 4: Right, haven't been to you?
Speaker 5: Yes, but Luna part doesn't feel like swing for your bucket? This does it? No one's going to get like a terminal illness to go with That's it. I need to go to the park. It's when we first moved here and I was what that? What have we done? What is that?
Speaker 16: Knowing?
Speaker 5: Is it a movie set from a Scooby Doo? I drove last every day. It always makes me chuck.
Speaker 4: What's the last time they upgraded something at Luna Park?
Speaker 17: Around?
Speaker 10: To do it?
Speaker 5: In the twenty dollars?
Speaker 12: Up?
Speaker 5: Growing? Harvey Norman? Do they do Lone Coasters?
Speaker 3: An old show I worked on. We had an obe there once, so you have been there? No, But I was in the studio for it, so I missed out.
Speaker 4: I was there there, you got this close.
Speaker 5: It's so doable. It's just I don't know, it's so ny.
Speaker 3: I've never done it.
Speaker 5: Because you probably wouldn't you think about Heart of Mine goes. There are so many at the picture. My kids loved it were the first time they went there. All right, So this morning cool us up? How old are you and what have you never ever done?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian on forty four never seen the movie. E. T. Christian fifty seven, never been to a nightclub. That's from Michelle Christian on forty seven. Never seen Top Gun and probably never will.
Speaker 4: I don't out forty seven.
Speaker 5: Plenty of time, steady, I know the weather's a bit grim. We need like that. Oh the regrets we all have it live. I probably never will see Don Cruise in action now in that migjet. You can stream it right now. Don't listen to a show anymore. Okay, they're great movies, all right, What have you never ever done? Prove?
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, team.
Speaker 5: Good morning, prou So what have you never ever done?
Speaker 13: Well, it's actually two of my very very de friends. One is fifty three, the other is fifty four, and they've never seen a live gig, never been to a live concert.
Speaker 5: You know what. I'm quite stunned by the amount of people never seen a live I've seen it because to me, live music is so it's so exciting. Some of my favorite man memories are so many live shows. And I find that really hard. The burgers I could understand and done the first part. Live music's all the joys of being alive, especially here in Victoria. You know, live music capital of Australia. So are you taking them to a show?
Speaker 13: I am? I am. I was on a mission that night. I decided I have to find somewhere to take them. It's actually my mission to take them to at least a big gig, like a Rod Labor type thing, an outdoor gig, even a bit of a day on the Green.
Speaker 5: N nicely Playproof played the producers very well. Big question out there.
Speaker 13: But I got on and I got us all tickets to go and see ice House on Saturday at Sydney my music ball.
Speaker 5: That would be great, yeah.
Speaker 13: Kick starting their gig with a bit of Australian iconic music.
Speaker 4: But we were just about to give you Stuart tickets, but if you already the outdoor.
Speaker 5: Last thing, I wanted to give the Rod Stewart tickets and suddenly that midway through road it's not as good as comparison. They haven't done you got that Sidey Mayer there, it's a lovely venue. Those don't shade on ice House. Ice House could be listening right now to this.
Speaker 13: So yeah, so it's my mission. I'm excited. I just hope the weather holds out because I don't want it to be a bad experience.
Speaker 5: Well, i'll tell you what the weather should hopefully better in March. I will give you tickets for you to go and see Rod Stewart.
Speaker 13: Oh, oh my gosh, thank you so much. Guys, that's amazing.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: I'll send a photo in on in on your email of the three of us, said Rod Stewart's.
Speaker 5: Lovely A Day on the Green pre we listen, enjoy ice House. Hey, listen, why don't you Why don't you and them call the show Monday. I'd love to hear a gig review. Gig review is using Young Tea that's on the Triple J the fifty something gig reviewers. They're going to come on Monday and review ice House.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I will get one of them to call you and don't need to.
Speaker 5: Worry about the details email earlier. Okay, we don't need to worry about that. Pro. Well done, thank you for calling.
Speaker 13: Thank you so much, Stewart.
Speaker 5: I said, mons, let's go, y or take a break. We'll come back with more of these.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian my son is fifteen. He's never had a chocolate. Claire, what kind of mom?
Speaker 3: Am?
Speaker 5: I you have to correct that today a life with other chocolate Clare is no life at all. Christian on forty three, I've never been temping bowling, uh, Kelly. Christian on fifty four never watched Ferris Butler's Day Off. I can't believe this guy is sixty one. He's never had cheese. What I had cheese within about twenty four hours been born cheese. That has to be a deliberate choice, doesn't it, sixty one? Because like so many sandwiches and rolls and everything happened cheap pizza. Hey, I can't believe that. I'm calling bull on that one. I'm sorry. Christian on forty one. I've never ever sung karaoke. That's from just Again. Some of these it's like, you know your life's not going to be rum because you never did karaoke. Have you heard people doing karaoke? Most of those people should not be doing karaoke. Let's go to Katie. Good morning, Katie, Good morning.
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good Katie? So what have you never done?
Speaker 12: I'm forty six and I've never seen Harry Potter.
Speaker 5: So you have You've seen the seen all of the movies, You've seen the hype and best in the books and you just didn't fancy on that magic.
Speaker 7: No love it.
Speaker 12: My son loves it. I've never watched it.
Speaker 5: It seems like your auntie Harry Potter, like you've made a deliberate choice not to.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 12: Maybe he's called Harry Potter headed in my house?
Speaker 5: Right? Can I ask why?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 12: It's just a name that we came up for Harry a couple of years ago, and it's just best answer.
Speaker 5: Actually, now I think about it, I thought that was going to lead us.
Speaker 4: Someone who's never seen Harry Potter. You talked about him.
Speaker 5: A lot strong opinions on him, held Harry potteread Katy, thank you very much. Should call me Pam Pam.
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 7: Hell are you good?
Speaker 5: Are you well?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 7: Mindless?
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm eighty one years old and I've never had pizza and I've never had lasagna.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, I feel jealous. I wish I wish I hadn't other either those two, that I could re experience them for the first time.
Speaker 8: I'm not I'm not a che only one type of cheese, and frightened if I have them, they'll have some cheese on them.
Speaker 5: I don't like it, Okay, and What is that one cheese that you've decided to marry for lot?
Speaker 7: Biggest, strong and bite?
Speaker 5: I like it too strong and bite.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you you like pizza. Well, I promise you strong, You're gonna like pizza?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, but you'd tell me anything.
Speaker 4: It's not a break, Yeah Jack?
Speaker 5: What about Pam? You using only strong and biting cheese, a strong and bity baker pizza? Would you eat it? Then?
Speaker 7: We just want to cheese on and nothing else.
Speaker 4: You need the tomato pace, but some people don't, so you would you don't?
Speaker 5: You don't want the tomato pace with it? No, I I'd heard you to try it. But what if you liked it?
Speaker 7: Oh God, I've got to eighty one without it?
Speaker 5: What about the next company?
Speaker 10: Is?
Speaker 5: Could be something joyous and different?
Speaker 7: Well I'm living to one hundred anyway, So okay.
Speaker 5: Taylor, you with God or someone?
Speaker 4: You say the next couple of years voice if.
Speaker 8: I died, be for him one hundred. They've got to just try and keep me alive somehow.
Speaker 5: Just to get you a Domino's order. She's about to cock it.
Speaker 4: You said, twenty minutes or a spree.
Speaker 5: There's no time. Hasn't got twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: You need, Peter, You've got honestly so good.
Speaker 5: Now what about the Sagya No.
Speaker 8: Oh no no no no no, no no.
Speaker 5: No, you've got to eighty one. You just don't you just don't fancy it.
Speaker 7: No, all right.
Speaker 5: So if Pam, if we were to make you this, this strong and bity baker pizza, I promise you nothing else on there, just that the pizza bas and that cheese. Would you try it?
Speaker 7: I'll try it, yes, I would.
Speaker 5: All right, awesome, Pam, thank you very much. You're giving us a mate.
Speaker 7: Okay, kill bye.
Speaker 5: It's not amazing. She knows she's going to live to one hundred. Well, I haven't got that guarantee any one, PAMs. Jamie, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Jamie. Always love to get you on the show. And Jamie, what have you never ever done?
Speaker 7: It's not it's actually my roommates. SA's mate. He's never had eggs. He's three too.
Speaker 5: It sounds a bit like that last lady we just added on. He's never had cheese. What you mean, he's never had any kind of eggs.
Speaker 7: Nothing. We did excellent weekend and he goes, you go eggs.
Speaker 4: So he's curious about eating?
Speaker 5: Is that? Who who can say that they do eggs all weekend or open the windows show there's the stuff? Probably asked why he doesn't want them the smell in there. If you do an eggs all week they're bad.
Speaker 7: And he's never had a normal faza either.
Speaker 5: I can't believe this about Peza. I can't many people you've never called a great Peter. All right, Jamie, thank you very much. She cool well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Morning to Mark Christian on forty seven. I have no idea what FM stands for, as in gold FM, it's funk Master. So when you hear me saying gold FM, we manctually saying gold funk Master. So feel free to address me as FM or funk master in all correspondence. Thank you, Mark herbe Clary's cleanse that up female. All right, there's play some of these amazing serenade for the upgrade and one upgrade twenty thousand dollars upgrade Home entertainment upgrade. You can put it together whoever you want. Harvey Norman, tell me wh.
Speaker 10: What missing from your man case? Till me why my lawndroom needs to be says fill me w really wona he see one ten upgrade.
Speaker 5: You beat the song, but your own words to it begs seven. Ad for the twenty thousand dollars upgrade, email it to me. Don't eat back in both music or anything like that. Weekend add that. Email it to me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot A you each day, We're going to pick a daily winner. When the Friday there be four of you at the big Grand Final, then we pick the winner for the twenty thousand dollars upgrade yesterday's winner. As I keep saying, this is not a singing competition.
Speaker 17: Upgrade me because I need to buy a new DV. Oh, I got a one year old with high class taste. If I don't you poetry in the face, Oh right in the face.
Speaker 5: All right, ready for some new entries. All right, let's go to j Hi.
Speaker 25: I got cables all around the room that I.
Speaker 1: Sticky tape to the walls.
Speaker 22: Now, Baby, all I know is my partner hates the bloody clad stuck my wallet with the cash.
Speaker 5: I'll hide the cables in my wall.
Speaker 20: Give me sir, round sound, babies, round sound.
Speaker 5: And the woofer. Baby, all the cables off the ground.
Speaker 20: Upgrade my lounge, lounge baby right now, and I reckon maybe my friends will come around, ie ie ie, I got no friends, Christian Jay, were your French?
Speaker 4: Very very It's really good.
Speaker 5: J Lyle, spin me around, did or light? That's brilliant. Let's go to Anne Marshall now channeling the Spice girls. Want to be?
Speaker 1: What I really really want?
Speaker 5: What you really what?
Speaker 1: Tell me what you want? What you really really want?
Speaker 26: What really won a December.
Speaker 5: Shorts to eat that one and you're done. Yeah, Bair minimum twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 15: You've heard the work, were doing it, you can knock it out.
Speaker 4: It was original lyrics.
Speaker 5: Spice girls are doing the heavy lifting in that and they're too old for that. Now let's play this guy Andrew has just like yesterday's winner, Andrew's doing his own backing vocal vocals and also his own instruments as well. He's a multi vocalist and multi instrumentalist too, as he becomes a one man band becoming Europe the final countdown. I love this told you.
Speaker 27: Entertain man upgrade. We need a new TV TV and speakers as well, an airfrat for weekends.
Speaker 1: And some stuff we can sell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with so.
Speaker 28: Many things that don't work or should be replaced, be replaced. I'm sure you can make my home entertainment upgrade.
Speaker 5: So good and true, very good. Belinda's doing the numbers.
Speaker 18: Half home needs an apricas techis ol, a couch, all the landroom and bespeakers at shake the room, make the landroom and biting, and make it all so exciting.
Speaker 1: Christian, please read that pole room.
Speaker 3: We need to read the loud room.
Speaker 5: Belinda, well done. This is from twenty two year old Brody. Another one starts to rust. The queen.
Speaker 1: Ooh, it's gonna blow.
Speaker 23: You really started the overheat with the fan trying to make it loo. I hear the sound and it's not discreet. My fears are beginning to grow.
Speaker 4: I'm already.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm not ready for this.
Speaker 23: I jump right out of a seat, through it, out of the doorway and into the tip. It's the sound of defeat.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Another one's gone to bust. Another one starting to rust, and another one gone. Another one on the lawn, another one in my discussed Yeah, hey, Christian helped me. You're the one that I could trust.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't sag it.
Speaker 5: God, the busts that is someber boy's channeling Freddy there. That was very good than twenty two year old what was rounding I think the TV and the consoles and that. But yeah, very very good, well done. These are those people trying. No, he's doing a lot of efferens that. There are some great lines in there, all right, Keith, these coming snarky. Jack doesn't like them, but we do. They're brilliant. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au got another color of days to get involved. Email them over twenty thousand dollars. That's the big prize at the end of the week.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Imphaps his news today. Amazing the way from amazing story from one of the richest men in the world. I think is he the richest person in the world.
Speaker 4: I think it goes Bezos Musk. Bezos Musk, No, not anymore.
Speaker 5: Since he bought her Twitter Musk is now actually the poorest amount of the world, formerly upon the richest man of the world.
Speaker 14: And so he.
Speaker 5: Decided, maybe he did it through philanthropic reasons, decided to throw a load of bit away give it to charity aka Twitter. So he's saying today he's not going to give any of his money to his children.
Speaker 3: Is that right correct? Yes, Yes, he's going to give it all off to charity.
Speaker 5: He's got one hundred and forty billion. He's accumulated one hundred and forty billion dollars.
Speaker 17: The building Amazon was not easy and training, and I think Lauren's found the same thing.
Speaker 1: That philanthropy is very similar. It's not easy.
Speaker 5: So crimee River for a one hundred and forty times billionaire did it once? Must be amazing, must be nice, right, must be nice to have a billion schooled away, sir, havee hundred and forty billion, and then tell like all of you right now are going to work or work in tough jobs that you don't really like that it's hard to be a philanthropist, which involves giving money away.
Speaker 4: Essentially, he's saying, it's difficult for me to give away my money to charity.
Speaker 5: God, how do you sleep? Maybe take some time off and go and that flipping multi billion dollar rocket.
Speaker 4: You've got The article from CNN where the interview comes from. They asked him during the interview, hey, will you give all You've got so much money at one stage, will you give it away to charity. And he's done a bit of on the spot. Yeah, yep, sure, I don't know where it hadn't spot yet where or when he's going to give away this money. He's just done a bit of like, yep, We've definitely got a lot, and it's not easy to give away, but we'll try.
Speaker 5: Just listen to this again.
Speaker 17: Building Amazon was not easy, and I'm finning and I think Lauren's found the same thing that philanthropy is very similar.
Speaker 1: It's not easy.
Speaker 5: You can give it spare a thought for these guys. The spare thought for these billionaire philanthropists is very hard. How exactly am I going to give away one hundred and forty billion dollars.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Hello to Ginger. Yeaga listening to us online right now, actually on the iHeart free radio app where you can listen to this radio station, this show anywhere in the world. Yeger, it's in the Czech Republic. Listen to us live right now. I want to take part of the show. Christian on fifty three never had a tomato in my mouth?
Speaker 4: Since is that a translation thing?
Speaker 5: That's what my friend Jeger's but here Jaeger, I am conveying your words. I am fifty three. Have never had a tomato in my mouth. I just hope Google translate. I hope this is tomato since my childhood. I just don't like anything about it, the shape, the color, of the smell. We are still talking about the tomato. I'm I presume. But thank you very much. Jager and anyone else who listens to the show outside of Melbourne, around Australia, but around the world as well, always send us an email. I know obviously people can call him, but we love getting your emails. Where have you listening to the show. Let us know, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: All right, today's time wasted. Today is World Iqday. Any one of us ever done their IQ? I've never done. Not a kid.
Speaker 3: We do it like that online thing.
Speaker 5: Recently when he was about facial recognition, about doing it? An English eleven year old. We're basically playing guess who pats this is while we're on the radio. An English eleven year old, eleven year old boy who's recorded the highest possible ic IQ score of one hundred and sixty two, beating Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking, who only managed a hundred. Really, it's not a game of dance. What do you mean he only managed one hundred and sixty. I think Stephen Orkin did a lot in his lifetime rather than only getting a hundred. Seat's not one of life's underachievers? Is he danced with IQ? All right? So today on the World IQ Day, we're looking for your smart bands. Make a band, smarter smart bands boys to mensa gold genius Simmons, so clever? Who not who that's not very smart? The whom may concerned. Stephen Hawkquinn. That's ay Maker band, rock and roll band Hawkquinn. They're now even smarter, Stephen Hawkquinn, smart, don't do the i Q test, think Floyd. That's what they're doing up on that wall, working all out the sums, Sex Education pistols, Silver Bruce Springsteen and the E equals MC squared band silver plus and Florence fixed the machine at the Great Year is Commomity later? All right, Jake, what have you got?
Speaker 4: Smarter bands? Month and and sums basically basically.
Speaker 26: Silver weird algebra Yankovic. Then that's gold, very good diploma Faith Faith. It's also very good gold and.
Speaker 4: The well read Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 5: Yes, Smart Silver.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: On the time waste one hundred and fifty dollars outs for the spending Chemists Warehouse to the best in show maker band Smarter. That's the time waste so today, Jackie boy reading tomorrow, Let's go, Sir maths alot.
Speaker 4: Gold class gold stuff for you.
Speaker 5: We A plus haw Kings of Leon Silver plus Kathy well done, be genius, be genius silver, they might be science Well.
Speaker 4: That's very gold.
Speaker 5: Dan well done, zz top of the class Silver, John Men without Dunce's Hats Bronze, The Who, What, When and Where.
Speaker 26: Silver, Chris Fleetwood, Matt Book, Silva Fleetwood Math Gold, radio Headmaster Silver.
Speaker 5: I love this one. The automatic doors, How do you make the doors? Smarter? Automatic doors? Bron Macy Gray Matter Gold, Nathan well done. The ages instead of a bat them been upgrade. That's night, Danny well done. It took me a couple of weeks to get that. Richard top Marks, Patsy's favorite Silver run PhD Silver pass Albert Ramstein. Ricky inclined over the Dalai Lama del Ray, Dalai Lama del Ray from Will and Annabel Duo and David get a degree. This is gold nice reference born in both water. All right, check you boy, very tough today because they're all very good ones.
Speaker 4: But I'll give it to Ricky for Albert Ramstein, Carl Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Question Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: This week, and we will give one of you a twenty thousand dollars home entertainment upgrade. You put together the price whoever you want to spend your twenty thousand magic vouchers at Harvey Norman. We're asking you to serenade for the upgrade.
Speaker 10: Tell me w what's missing from your man case? Tell me why my ludroom needs to be says till me. Who really wanna see one ten upgrade?
Speaker 5: All right, surnay for the upgrade. So you picked your song, put your lyrics to it, tell us about to stay of your home entertainment whatever you want to do, and then email it to me. Don't worry about backing music, we will add that. Just email it from your phone. Christian A. Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Each day this week we'll have a daily winner that on Friday there'll be a grand final. Yesterday keep saying sort of singing competition. Don't worry if you haven't got a great voice. This guy is through to the final. Sam, yesterday's winner. Upgrade me because.
Speaker 17: I need to buy a new DV. I got a one year old with hi class taste. If I don't, you put.
Speaker 5: Me in the face.
Speaker 1: Oh right in the face.
Speaker 5: All right, Jack and Patsy. We have tough decisions this morning, really really hard, Rachel.
Speaker 11: When I'm sitting at home in my recliner, I can hear it whispering to me.
Speaker 6: I'm stained, old and broken. Upgrade me. There's a spring that pokes me in the house, and I won't recline horizontally. You really need some new ones to sit coftant.
Speaker 24: Leave, Oh, upgrade me here up please, I'd love to win that twenty ge.
Speaker 6: The dry is awesome.
Speaker 5: This is very very fast me all right, that's Rachel. This is Jay. I.
Speaker 25: I got cables all around the room.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 25: Sticky tape to the walls.
Speaker 22: Now, baby, all I know is my partner hate the bloody club stuck.
Speaker 5: My wallet with the cash. I'll hide the cables in my wall.
Speaker 20: Give me sir, round sound, Baby, surround sound, and the Wolf, the baby, all the cables off the ground, upgrade my lounge, Loune baby right now and I reckon maybe.
Speaker 5: All right, that's Jay. It's very very hard. There are so many more we could be putting into the kind of pick friends, so we have to pick one. I'll be a friend shape. We have to pick one winner every day. It's really hard. The standard is so highness, thank you very much everyone who's getting involved in and that's taking not a time to make these, but they they're amazing. All right, So judges, time to vote. I'm gonna go with Jay, Patsy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with j J Clean sweet, well done.
Speaker 5: You're into the grand final. Tough lot, Rachel, very very close, but Jay makes it through. Keep this coming today, okay, still wide open, all right, Friday is the deadline for this. So Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast