Speaker 1: I heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, so on today's show, then, producer Rea, what happened to these genes you got from Korea?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I bought these beautiful new Korean jeans, but they were an ambitious thirty two, so I reckon I'm more of a thirty three thirty four, but I thought I would squeeze sort of back into them when I got back from Korea. Sadly, the opposite has happened. I've expanded in the waist and they literally.
Speaker 1: Flung off the buttons.
Speaker 3: It was like I flew off as I was getting ready for work. So I've had to make a late pants switch, and I've been very humbled by development.
Speaker 2: All right, we're looking for your stories and about wardrobe malfunctions. On thirteen fifty five, twenty two. There is never ever a good time for something to split, tear, or rip. I remember years ago this security guard that worked one of London's maximum security guards and he was on a wing where it was lifers and he was getting in a tussle with one of the inmates and they went to the ground and he said, the prison guard uniforms are very tight. Suddenly he's like he's grappling with an actual killer, and he said, they go to the ground and all of a suddenly hear.
Speaker 1: This and it's his backside.
Speaker 2: It's his backside has actually and he said the inmate and him just because they just start laughing.
Speaker 1: It actually de escalated the situation exactly.
Speaker 2: Please, can you go back in yourself split my pants? He's not very sorry about that.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. So, yeah, we're looking for your story.
Speaker 2: So splits, rips and tears, there's never a good time for it to happen. It's normally a really inopportunity moment in your life, at work or before a meeting.
Speaker 1: We're looking for.
Speaker 2: Those stories now about splits, rips and tears, because if it's happened to you remember it.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast. My old radio station in UK.
Speaker 2: It was a big national radio station and so we had these new owners and they were from India. They own the Times of Indian and they were like billionaires and obviously they've been sold some magic beans by someone in England promising them unknown history should have looked at history never trusted Englishman anyway. So they were coming in for the first time to meet everyone at the radio station, and the chief executives said, would you get up and come to the boardroom presentations, say a few words about your show and why you do radio, and why you're excited about our new owners, the Indians, And he said they're here reception. I went, yeah, I really just need to go to toilet. I got to toilet. You know, when you're stretched and you're rushing, it's almost like you're you're just creating your own danger and mischief. I yanked my fly zip too hard, just too much gusto, and the whole thing came away, just came away. I mean it was lucky. There wasn't that there's something about Mary.
Speaker 1: It just came. It just came away.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh god, there's now there's no there's no door in the front of the cage, and the Indians are here and they will take it to in view of this and this this guy getting up.
Speaker 2: There going wherever he is, Fire him if he thinks that's etcetera. It's not the way we do business back home.
Speaker 3: There's are not the magic beans.
Speaker 1: They wanted to see tiny I need to. They're here, I need to.
Speaker 2: So I go into We had like a where all the stationary was, and I was saying this, I couldn't find any cello tae bring that even that would look worse just criss crossing, said like it just it would just look I was demented or anyway. The only thing I could find was a stapler, so I grabbed a bunch and just stapled it all shut. I go and chat to them and I sit down. Then my chief exept goes, are any questions? And the new owner of this red station just goes, why have you got.
Speaker 1: Your fly staple? Shut? Please don't think.
Speaker 2: Don't let that be the only thing you remember for my ten minute speech. But why I love doing breakfast radio.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, just before we go on, I just remembered when I first started in twenty nineteen, one of the first shows I came in, you were wearing an electrical cord as your belt. Catch this is the guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've got like I have history here. Now that's my story. I'm sticking to it. All right, Let's go to Carmel.
Speaker 5: Now, good morning, Carmel, Good morning everybody. How are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're good. Welcome to show.
Speaker 2: So you've got to steal about spit, ripple, tear and your clothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't you love it when you're up in the bush the middle of nowhere? Nice warm, snug, tight top and gee, but I'm torturing there was a couple of dumb immens. Sure enough, we're digging away. Me I'm thinking, oh, why is it got really really drafty?
Speaker 6: And my bum?
Speaker 5: Sure enough major tear? Right only all these four standing around there bum empoissment, breathing up the top, Rip and jump her off and make sure my too typical nice a warmer.
Speaker 1: A lot happening. Here is the mystery, those four guys out of the.
Speaker 2: I haven't got any questions. Actually, he dismissed. Rio, did warming?
Speaker 1: Who went?
Speaker 2: I got someone here rough ast anyway?
Speaker 1: Who we have here? Carlo? Yes? Carlo?
Speaker 7: Yes, Hi Christian.
Speaker 6: This happened about ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah what happened? Carlo?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: I went to itly for my parents' fiftieth when the anniversary and with my young family, and I took with me a nice leaning summer suit and putting on the morning, just ready to go. Running a bit late and rushing went down to fix up my daughter's shoelaces.
Speaker 6: And wrapped run in the middle of my paints. There was a rapture and my sister, trying to help, gave me a bunch of safety pins, and I walked around the whole day with safety pins my crutch.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could kind of nap it for Sumo Linen. You actually probably like some new stylish things, some sort of tip pa of wolk chier breaking fashion.
Speaker 7: I don't know about that, but it wasn't comfortable, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Bet Carlo, thank you very much to give us a call. Have a good day. You two.
Speaker 8: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'll ask you stories clothing malfunctions, rips and tears. Good morning, Haley. This comes in from Hailey Melder, Christian. I was heading out to local shops. I grabbed my good pair of Trackies O wait only only in Australia they have wait for a good pair of trackies, the posh ones you know for weddings and days in court. I grabbed my good pair of Trackies out fresh from the dry and hurriedly put them on whilst they were toasty warm, pulled on my shoes and off her went. When I was in Cols and the cold cheese A I really, I was unnaturally cold around.
Speaker 1: My lower half. I looked down.
Speaker 2: Eventually, Tomorhara, I discovered my dog had chewed the crutch out of my pants front to back. Oh wow, oh my god, all around the old dan and on rangers. How very unfortunate, Hailey. That is tough Christian at my wedding. This is from Alexis. The photographer squatted down to take the obligatory shot of the bridesmaids, only to stop dead and go bright red. He had split his pants front to back. You've got to take a knee. You're taking a knee at his wife. His wife had help him. Poor guy, guy, we get the photos, won't you?
Speaker 1: There? Christian way brother?
Speaker 2: Was that I function wearing a brand new soup after a belly full of beer?
Speaker 1: Who is walking to get some macas? Again?
Speaker 2: Classy behavior? He needed to go bad. He saw a construction site with a porterloo. He climbed the fence and completely ripped his pants to pieces of.
Speaker 1: But he made it a toilet for you.
Speaker 2: Thank God, and then had to walk to the cab rank to go home with no pants on.
Speaker 1: Oh no, get that, lucky customer. Yeah. In fact, I'm retiring. It's my last one. Lauren's on the line. Good morning, Lauren, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Christian. Here are you going.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Laurena, hope you having a good morning now, Lauren, what's your story?
Speaker 8: Oh, it was about ten years ago and I'll never forget it. It was a ripper and it was a wedding. We that was my husband's friend's wedding, and they I don't know what it is, but it's something about the song from Top Gun that loving feelings.
Speaker 1: We all know, the one, yeah see without.
Speaker 8: Something in men. I don't know what it is, but when it comes on, they all get together on the dance floor, as many men would know, after a few beers and their arm in arm singing and dancing to this song. And there was one gentleman in particular that was extremely enthusiastic and was in full character and was holding the pretend microphone, jumping up on you know, the stage and then back down again, and then right at the end of the song went into the middle of the circle with a full like slide on his knees into the gensered his pants.
Speaker 1: We didn't see that. Marv did not do that.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately for a lot of women and men, Marv did not do that.
Speaker 6: We were all.
Speaker 8: In shock and horror and laughing and crying.
Speaker 1: Fish. He should have bowed. It's meant to happen perhaps is that for weeks.
Speaker 8: And he can't. We just got himself up, walked off the dance floor. That single word, anybody just exited the building. Incorrect, incorrect. He actually we found out later he called his mom. It was.
Speaker 1: Fancy split call mom.
Speaker 8: He said, mom, my suit's ripped. You need to take me back to the high end suit shop, which was down the road. That was an afternoon wedding. They were open. He went to the suit shop, got fitted out with a new suit, and returned back to the wedding, back on.
Speaker 7: The dance floor.
Speaker 2: Wow. Seconds with the show todays it was starting a trend. Now that is that is good behavior, just like it never happened. Lauren, thank you very much the story. Mat have a good day, thanks for calling the show.
Speaker 7: Thanks The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast