Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Flex and It's Rooms. And I'm here looking at my cleaner Strida world water. When will this not be a part of my personality?
Speaker 3: And We've got another fresh one at home, so I'm worried it's gonna keep continuing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna wait till the half the diamond tees have fallen off.
Speaker 3: Have you watched it since the last time you kind of watched it?
Speaker 1: Flex, I don't ask me dumb questions.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking. I'm just the voice of speaking.
Speaker 1: You know, when I brought it out my Life Shows a couple of weeks ago, it was the main crowd grown.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's get to podcast. Bye, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 3: How many times can we beat this conversation to death? We're talking friends and splitting bills. Initially you think you have this conversation because you're brokeie, but it's not just that. Okay, some of us are just money minded. Listen to this. I not me. We mind this from the internet. Recently went out to dinner with a friend at a high end restaurant.
Speaker 2: No boot.
Speaker 3: Perhaps Hubert is the barbe key aria uh esther and also quay that's key. When the bill came, I was shocked to see that my friend had ordered several expensive dishes and drinks, which ended up costing much more than i'd anticipated. I'd assume that we'd be splitting the bill evenly, but now I'm not so sure. I don't mind treating my friend to a nice meal every once in a while, but I feel that they took advantage of my generosity by ordering so much. I'm on a type budget and can't afford to spend that much money on one meal, so I suggested that I just paid my own food and he pays his. After that, he got upset and accused me of being a liar and throw a hissy fit. Once the situation got to the point where other tables were looking for us, I left the amount of money to cover my food and left the restaurant. Am I the asshole for wanting not to split the bill evenly? Or should I just suck it up and pay for my friend's expensive taste in food? What is the tea? Let me know, frooms, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sickening?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: I will say, Why woudn't she bear that my friend Louis, he's gluten free.
Speaker 2: Why do I want to get the baguette?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I'm eating a whole duck pete, at least two hundred grams of duck pete put it back, and a whole baguette.
Speaker 3: So you want him to pay half?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, what do you do?
Speaker 1: I want to get an expensive dish and he's gluten free and thinks the idea of a duck padae is the grossest thing on earth?
Speaker 2: What do you do for him?
Speaker 1: He took the whole bill, and I'm waiting for him to send me the text that says, hey, this is how much am I going to prompt him?
Speaker 2: Probably not not in this economy, love, But.
Speaker 1: Now I think, unless you're going to do the one you do dinner once, you do dinner once, Like you just.
Speaker 2: Have to split it. Do you know what I'm saying? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well so you go with a mutual understanding of how much you're gonna pay. I'm not going to go to Hubert and get a burgette for twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: You're not, Nah, but you did?
Speaker 2: I did what I did?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: What about neuflix?
Speaker 3: I just feel like people are really naive when it comes to dining out. I'm so sorry. Okay, it's not meant to be a fiscally responsible event. You go there to spend a bag and have a good time, and you know, they say, how you end any kind of event or social interaction is how you feel about the whole interaction. If we're having an amazing dinner and then we start doing riff raff over the bill, now I'm pisseduff just let it slide through. I never go to a dinner expecting it to be to pay a fair amount for what I had. Ever, it never feels worth it, even when it's a good, good deal, even when no one's splitting. So I just feel like, who's the asshole here? Both of you? You're the asshole not knowing, not knowing the steaks. If you're going out to eat at a place where there's expensive stuff on the menu and you're in a close enough relationship that just assume that you're splitting, you know what you're in for. Pick better friends, or don't dine with people who aren't good to you exactly. I don't know anyone like that. My people know.
Speaker 2: Sparkling with still still.
Speaker 1: Flex See I was on TikTok as Per and I came across this TikTok which is about celebrity energy. I have heard about certain people having magnetism a certain genet sequa, but I haven't seen it spoken about on TikTok until now.
Speaker 2: Please play the tape, mikayla.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I have this theory about celebrities that if you want to be a celebrity, you have to become a celebrity before anyone else knows your femist does that means like theme is actually just.
Speaker 1: A byproduct or like the result of showing.
Speaker 4: Up like a celebrity, which is what I call celebrity energy.
Speaker 1: I was trying to think, obviously, you can be famous and not have celebrity energy, or you can have celebrity energy and not be famous.
Speaker 2: Eg.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows that in their area. When you're in high school, there's a couple famous faces. Okay, there's a few notable names that transcend not just the school yard, but also are the schools.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of this before? I still remember their names.
Speaker 1: I won't name them, but like our new chicks from like thirteen kilometers this way, I know they're saying and their boyfriend history.
Speaker 2: Why do I know that?
Speaker 1: Do you think you have celebrity energy?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Wow? How do you think you called fatter?
Speaker 3: That's true? Do you know what it was? I don't know if it's celebrity energy per se, but there are certain characteristics and qualities and visual aesthetics that people you talk about have. I was that girl going to Tafe and private college in heels and a blazer. As if I didn't have celebrity energy. If I look back on my photos from being a teenager, I always had it because when you dusties were wearing what do you call it? In my head, I'm saying jay Z, but that's not the one JJS. Correct. I was wearing American power disco pants saved.
Speaker 2: Okay, jump of it.
Speaker 3: We're both here.
Speaker 1: I was doing a wholts of the halt nech okay.
Speaker 3: Here's how we can determine if you have celebrity energy. Do people remember your name? Because a lot of you are ruled out, crawled out. Number one. If they don't remember your name, does your reputation precede you? Do they know something about you before you've told them. That can be with anyone the locally coffee shop. I know a bunch of people. Like at one of my old gyms, there was this guy six foot five Adonis type, look like Poseidon's first son. Didn't speak beast, just strut around the gym in these short, tiny and they were like the cart. They came up at the site we were gagging for it. Didn't talk to anyone, didn't engage with anyone. But she's to strut and work out celebrity energy.
Speaker 2: Try it.
Speaker 3: That's I think you have it. If you have to ask or inquire, you don't have it. You have to ask, you can.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kita. Listen, there's a cost of living crisis. You've heard it again and again and you're probably bored. And I will say I live with another woman. We share a house, a sharehouse in Sydney Deacn subway.
Speaker 3: You can say you have a house mate we had.
Speaker 2: And live with another one living anyway.
Speaker 1: She has just got a job in London, very very very exciting news for her. And this is a quick turn around. She's going to be moving out in three weeks. So I had a choice, do I move out and get a house, get a room in another house, or do I stay put and either fill her room or make her room a study.
Speaker 2: Wow. This is some big dog.
Speaker 1: Behavior, literally, And what if I chosen flex, We're gonna make it a study fan. Yeah, we're taking over a whole lease on a house a gay guy. Huge. We are going to be spending hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars a week. Yeah, but I thought, you know what, I was looking at one bedroom properties in the eastern suburbs.
Speaker 2: What are we looking at seven hundred dollars a week? Wow?
Speaker 1: So my place is actually a bargain. But I want to ask you, Flexi, you are someone who's lived alone for how many years?
Speaker 3: Ten? No?
Speaker 2: You haven't. Yeah, can you tell me?
Speaker 1: I have a few questions. Number one, will I get lonely?
Speaker 3: You are a very social person, and I'm not social in the way that you are, so probably.
Speaker 2: Okay, great.
Speaker 3: But also you, I'm sure you don't get the bulk of your social media filled just by your house mate. You proactively leave your house.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit, Yes, I do, always on.
Speaker 3: I think you'll appreciate having a home that's a sanctuary that's made as you intend it. The mess that is there is because you put it there, and you'll pick it up when you're done. You style it in the way that you want to. You'll build new habits. I think it's a really great thing.
Speaker 1: Do you think you're more productive living alone?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I always say if I live in my best friend, I'd be a b for real. Get up, giggle, eat together, sit down, giggle, eat together, go out to a movie, giggle, eat together. I would not do anything the small time I lived with a close friend, it was just it was good because we're both DJs, so on the same kind of nocturnal schedule. But I was not good at getting stuff done in the way that she was, and because we were both DJ bums, it just was not good for any kind of routine. It just it's like osmosis. You develop these habits that you can't break away from without physically being separate, which is hard to do when you live in a small apartment. Do it, You'll love it. It's so hard.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I'm going to really deck it out.
Speaker 1: As you know, I bought that really expensive chair about twelve months ago. I splash out on my most expensive purchase. It's been sitting in my parents' house in bubble wrap so the cat does not.
Speaker 2: Piss on it.
Speaker 1: That will be ferried up to Sydney and we're gonna make it design file style rental property. My goal is to be featured on some sort of website where that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's yet to be.
Speaker 1: But what this space, guys, Clean girl era is activated.
Speaker 2: Story.
Speaker 3: A video on TikTok it hit a spot I didn't want it to hit, and I thought, let me share this trauma around there some for all the girls listened to this. I've come to the realization that I can make myself clear, but I cannot make myself understood. I can make sure that I'm communicating accurately and clearly, but I cannot control the lens with which someone will receive the information I've given them. And honestly, that realization has been very free. You don't agree?
Speaker 2: Is that all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did that not hear?
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 3: This is how I know I told you I'm an Instagram quotes Girley transition into like a TikTok motivational girlie because that clicks for me my whole life. Right when I was sixteen, I remember I was telling my friends about a book I was reading maybe it was Twilight or some other like smutty type fantasy book, but I could like physically see them zone out because I couldn't articulate myself. I couldn't get to the point. I didn't know what I was saying, I didn't know how to to say it. And from that bloody moment, I became a stickler for words. I was like, people need to understand, and they need to pay attention. The frustrating thing is the more you emphasize the need for articulation, the less you realize the communication. Baby two way Street, I can't make you understand if you fundamentally don't understand, and that to me makes speaking futile. I don't want to do it because if I can't guarantee that you're gonna understand me as intended, then what am I even doing. I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it. Then I think of all the people I'm going to interact with in my lifetime, who I really want to connect with, who I just can't because I don't know why they don't get me.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a whole lens that you're looking at through things that are not words. Body language, tone, okay, and don't they.
Speaker 3: Say, like, words are only twenty percent of communication.
Speaker 1: Seven percent At this point for the research, it's dropped, so.
Speaker 2: Chat, GPT, it's out the window.
Speaker 3: Fan.
Speaker 1: All we have is language, ye mind language, I should say, we didn't get back into morse code at this point.
Speaker 3: It's the only thing that's going to help us.
Speaker 2: Peepeepeep? What am I saying? Pepepeep beep beep? Flex is a clown. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 1: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.