Speaker 1: Please welcome here, all right, Scotty Kam the Block one of the biggest shows on TV, Hay and it comes back well every year, and then it's back and then Scotty Cam's hosting it. And can you tell that he's not quite ready because I'm talking crab.
Speaker 2: He loves me trying to get him. I'm pretty sure he's been hosting the Block for seventeen years.
Speaker 1: That whole time.
Speaker 3: Well, he was really love it.
Speaker 4: Jamie Jury host a bit. Scotty was still there, right, He's always been there, and then he became a host.
Speaker 1: Was not here now.
Speaker 2: I actually have friends who went on the Block and they yes, and they said it well, and I think, yeah, Rach and Ryan, Yeah, they went on the Block, and I think, I don't think people realize how hard it is, Like you think it's like this TV show and they get to go back to their cushy hotels at nighttime and sleep. It's they are slumming it and it's always down in Melbourne and it's always freezing cold and they have to do like a lot of the time it's winter.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I want to know about these friends because I know that couple. Yeah, what did they get out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well did they win money?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: They remember that season where there was two couples that got nothing. Yeah, and then I think, yeah, they were on that season and I think they got like seventy ninety K and they.
Speaker 1: Were all even to kick and the teeth.
Speaker 3: Well not really.
Speaker 2: Because they both had to give up their jobs for three months, leave their three children for three months. And they were doing it because they thought, you know, they were going to earn life changing money that were going to get them ahead and for not even one of their.
Speaker 1: Saturday what about their career? But like are they getting deals?
Speaker 2: And I mean they were for a little bit, but I think as the next season starts, people.
Speaker 1: Forget about them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what you're saying is it's not worth going on the block.
Speaker 2: Well sometimes, but you don't know, that's right, And then the year after people were winning like one point five mil.
Speaker 1: It's still something you tell people though, like your grandkids television was that thing.
Speaker 2: I do enjoy it though. I love a renovation show. Yeah, and I'm excited.
Speaker 4: The Block is by far the best. You can't beat it, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Really good Scottie.
Speaker 6: But why aren't you on?
Speaker 2: Oh? I was trying to fill the show.
Speaker 3: You keep drawing attention to the fact that he's not on.
Speaker 1: I just called him. Oh you called him directs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're supposed to go through the TV, but I just got him.
Speaker 1: Scotty can we've got your mobile number, you're live on air. Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hell the hell did you get my mobile?
Speaker 1: We have everyone we're right calling Peter Overton from Channel nine as well. He didn't pick up.
Speaker 3: No, he did pick up and then he hung up on you.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, I just say if you call me again on my mobile. The SWAT team locked the door down.
Speaker 2: Just blocked the number after this, Scotty, Well, we've really.
Speaker 1: Topped up to your show mate, So welcome along.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We've done a lot of talking about the block, and I'm actually really excited because this year's blocks, you've got the contestants are going to build, and they're going to have water views, aren't they.
Speaker 5: You're going to have water views. It's going to be fantastic. And views of the in the distance as well.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: So right on Portfield Mantaalizer and it's a really beautiful seaside little town. It's got everything you need. Fremeston's next door with all the big wallies and all that sort of stuff, you know, all the big stuff, and you've got the nice little little mount of eyes. There were beautiful beaches. I lived there for three months when I'm doing it, and you know, so I really love the town.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we did a Kiss Kiss event at Frankston. Feels like years ago, but I probably last months ago. Yeah, I loved it there.
Speaker 1: Hey man, are you the type like you're a carpenter? Are you the type that's like when nothing's finished in your house? Like I remember growing up there was a house behind us, Yeah, that had it concrete, it had not painted it. I reckon for twenty years, right, are you? Are you an unfinished kind of goal?
Speaker 2: It's like the whole saying with the people like the Sparkys, the electricians. They've always got lights out in the house and the really good chef never cooks at home. I've got a house in our street. He's a builder and he's been renovating his house for about six years now.
Speaker 1: Is that you two mate?
Speaker 5: It used to be me I was like that when my kids are little. My wife, you know, she put up. We renovated every house that we lived in a couple of times over sometimes I knocked the house down and we lived in amountables for one year on site. Yeah, that was a good one for my wife.
Speaker 2: Down a very patient.
Speaker 5: We're in our sixties now and so I make sure everything's neat and tidy for her. There's nothing unfinished anhymoll these days?
Speaker 1: Are you in your dream home?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: You're in your sixties and you're a big TV star? Is it your forever home? Is it everything you wanted it to be?
Speaker 5: Look, you know, it's not the house I've built. I've renovated this house, but the house before was the house I built from scratch, and that was sort of our forever home. But for me, there's no forever heard and my wife sort of understands that. That she she thought she was in her forever home. And then I came home and said I sold the house. I bought another one, consulting her.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, why are you there?
Speaker 5: Mate?
Speaker 1: We want to do the Hubby Hotline with Scotty cam o case. So do you need husband advice, a DIY projects, some tips? Shit, we can do relationship help mate. You've been married for a while, like you were saying, yes, so marriage all right? Well, our Hobby Hotline is open thirteen one oh sixty five. Any Hubby question you got for Scotty Cam, you'll hang around?
Speaker 5: Okay, mate, thank you guys, Good on.
Speaker 1: You all right, Hubby Hotline on thirty one oh six five. Let's do it with Scotty Cam. Here on kids, Scottiecam is joining us. We are doing the Hubby Hotline. The block returns Sunday, seven pm on nine and nine. Now we are super excited, mate, big TV show and everyone's going to be watching.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about this, like Hubby Hotline, being able to call scott Cam and just to ask whatever question. Remember when I was building my house there were so many times with contracts and just all this stuff, like you wish you had someone you could just call and ask questions.
Speaker 1: We got to now, Scotty, you'd be the person.
Speaker 5: Guy. It sounds like a good business. I'm going to kick this off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, let's start with Milly Millie. You're on with Scotty. What's your question?
Speaker 6: Hey guys, Hey Scotty, not so much to see iy hi, But look I work late, and a lot of nights I leave dinner up to my husband and I come home and it's always the same packet stuff or takeaway.
Speaker 5: Is there a good go to.
Speaker 3: Easy meal that like a simple.
Speaker 6: Man can make?
Speaker 5: Are you suggesting I'm a simple man? Look what come on? Oh mate? Can Candy do a spag bolt? Or you know? Like I like a good passages with just tomatoes and and things like that. You know what. I just bought a book called Eat like a Sardinian is so simple. It's a great book. I love cooking and so buying that book. And I've got no commission on this.
Speaker 1: So you can cook, Scotty.
Speaker 5: I can cook. I'm not mad at cooking. And I sort of build kitchens for my wife, but I'd sort of build them for myself as well, you know, because I like to have all a few little commercial touches, you know, big beef spaces and giant cutting boards and things like that.
Speaker 1: Have you got all that stuff, Scotty?
Speaker 2: Have you got into this meat smoking trend? Like my husband's got a smoker and he loves smoking meat.
Speaker 5: I do that up the far. I've got to farm up the bunkey. And I've got a big diesel tank oven that I built out of an old diesel tank. Ye, And it's a smoker as well, so I can smoke everything in there, and I do chickens and potatoes. You can even smoke salt smoking salts.
Speaker 1: Say man out there smoking up the meaty Brooklyn loves it.
Speaker 5: I do love open fire cooking as well, Bush, I do do a lot of.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get off the cook and have we got another question for the Hubby hotline, Sammy, go.
Speaker 3: For it, Hi, Scotty, I have a question. I have a two story house and my husband is adamant that we can use our spare bedroom upstairs as a home gym. My thing is, I'm worried the weights are going to go through the roof. I'm trying to convince him we can use the garage, but he's saying, no, one, not the bedroom upstairs.
Speaker 5: Well, firstly, I think the weights are going to go through the flooring from downstairs the floor. Yeah. So well, look that's a very good point. Depending on how old your house is and how what the floor joists and everything are on the on the first floor, what what the framework is like. And I would suggest that you get someone to take a look at that. By chance you'd have a man hold downstairs to get into that space and you'll be able to see what sort of kimber their views, whether it's laminated beams or just if it's a very old it might be just like a sixty two hardwood and worst case it might be just an Oregon so which is timber. And but you know, you need to probably just have a bit of a look at that. And I agree with you that if you're doing big weights and is your husband a big unit he's living the big stuff he is, Yes, he's a bit.
Speaker 4: I'd be worried about that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd put him in the garage for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I got a problem with that. I wonder if Scotty does as well. I hate it when people use their garage for storage and gyms instead of the cars. What does Scotty cam think about that? Should your cars go in the garage or you don't care?
Speaker 5: Mate? I am a car in garage like my entire life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how you protect the car? Like to build another.
Speaker 5: Room we've got. My wife's car goes in every night. My car goes goes in every night. And that's just you know, it's a bit of a It's not really paincaus I like reversing my carriage I know it's.
Speaker 1: Say yeah, yeah, yeah, So don't bloody transform into something else? All right, We've got one more here.
Speaker 2: All right, Ava, you're on with Scotti.
Speaker 7: Hi, Scotty. I don't have a husband, but I have a boyfriend, and I think that's more important. My boyfriend is sparky, and my boyfriends are sparking, and he's really attractive. I'm just wondering should I be worried when he goes over to other houses where there's women and would they beating on him?
Speaker 5: Or I'd follow it. I'd follow it.
Speaker 1: Does this happen?
Speaker 6: Man? Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it true? Like do the do all the tradees get hit on by women in their homes? Or is it a myth?
Speaker 5: Well? Sometimes I'll tell you I've been I worked since I was a kid. I had a paper run and I had a chemist run. And when I was about ten years old, one of my regular paper run girls, she used to enter the door in a see through ninety every Sunday morning when you were ten years old.
Speaker 6: If you're.
Speaker 2: I used to I had a sparky boyfriend when I was like twenty two, and he's good looking. Rusa and I used to think the same thing, like what if there was like a horny housewife at home and my ex would turn up who was nice to look at. Would she just like accidentally drop her shirt?
Speaker 1: Does it happens? It never happened, But I mean, we needed on the record once and for all. Do tradees get hit on by women in home? Scotti Cam?
Speaker 5: Look, I don't think so. I think we're And also the trades are very professional. They say thank you very much. But you know, I've got a partner. Who is who I'm talking to now? Which I can't remember your name? Sorry? Who are we talking to again?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You got We're talking to Ava Ava.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure you're very beautiful, and I'm sure I am beautiful. Yeah, I can sense it. You're beautiful. And he's not getting a stray away from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what that is broked if I've ever heard it right, he's got the dudes because.
Speaker 1: There are no tradings at the Dirty Dogs. Hey, Scotty Cam, good luck Sunday night, seven p. The Block is back on nine and nine now we'll be watching good on your mate.
Speaker 2: Thanks Scotty, Sure
Speaker 5: You guys, thanks for having me