Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms brought to you by Kata. This is the Flex in Frooms Summer Sessions Podcast. Hey, spitty pies, welcome to Flex and Frooms the Summer Podcast. We are getting near it into continentally, so we actually aren't in studio and for good reason. Work life balance is real. We are entitled to a holiday just like you. If you're not having one, I'm so sorry. But in order to celebrate us and you, we're going to go back through our favorite moments of the party. There's been plenty, mind you, they get lost in the podcast sometimes, but we're here to revive them.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be talking about the sixteen three passes, a dating dilemma, and I'm going to keep it real quick with my arm wrestler Planet Karen Journey.
Speaker 1: We've spoken about session of Karen well yeah the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first Karen ten instances since then. But yeah, let's get to it Flex and Frooms. Now, I want to tell you a little tiny story, so if you can just close your eyes and open your ears, this is a story about a man and woman, which look, all my stories are about that.
Speaker 1: I see you rolling your eyes again. During Pride Month, it has to start. It has to start.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the title of this one is made a really bizarre rule at the start of a relationship and now regretting it. Let's get it.
Speaker 1: You know, when you pretend you're like chill, we have all ever do that that goes into your dating exactly. Start with high maintenance. Pretend you're just this tyrannical freak, and then like when they find out you're just like an averagely high maintenance person, it's chill. Pull it back.
Speaker 2: It's easy. So here we go. My name's Amy. I'm a female twenty three.
Speaker 3: Okay, too many details, get me three year old Amy. Let's go two year old Amy. She has been dating her boyfriend for three point five years. Her words.
Speaker 2: At the start of the relationship, we both liked each other, but weren't head over here for one another, due to which we made our relationship somewhat open. The relationship at the time wasn't serious, and honestly we both thought it wouldn't last, but would give it a shot. One rule we decided on was that if we slept with somebody else, that the other partner would get a free pass to sleep around that amount of time. We made this rule so that we could try our best to see if this relationship works or not. In a few months, I developed major feelings for him, as one does, and the same goes for him. We never officially killed the rule. Today, at dinner time, I jokingly told my boyfriend how dumb we were at the start of the relationship to make such a stupid rule. I saw him going from normal to extremely frazzled within seconds. He told me that he thought we were still in an open relationship and that I had sixteen free pass According to him, he did nothing wrong since we didn't decide otherwise.
Speaker 1: I've been racking them up for us.
Speaker 2: Literally, I think he cheated since we were in a committed relationship a few months in. I feel sick to my stomach right now thinking of what he has done. He's saying that he loves me and wants his relationship to work, and that I can use my passes and then we can close the relationship back up. I don't know. I don't want to sleep with Randos, but I also want this relationship. But I'm also disgusted by my botriend. What should I do? Does at count as cheating? I love Amy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gross out, what a feral beasts? But also I love him. That's my man. I'm a stick beside him.
Speaker 2: Stick beside my feral, dirty beast. She wants to know is this cheating? And am I okay to be disgusted because she's in a position. We've all been there.
Speaker 1: She doesn't leave me. No, no, no no. If you've been there, say so.
Speaker 2: I haven't actually been there either, I'm just trying.
Speaker 1: To relate, Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Some people have been there where they find out that a partner's cheating. They are disgusted in them, absolutely foul, but they still love them, and it puts you really between a rock and a hard place. So do you think was he cheating?
Speaker 1: No, it's a miscommunication.
Speaker 2: This is a pretty diabolical miscommunication.
Speaker 1: What were you talking about? For three and a half years, we just didn't bring it back up, Like things just don't peter out. I mean, you entered the relationship with a very specific dynamic, right. I feel like that would have been a couple of chats being like, let's just be open ish, and then you were just you continued being open with an extra layer of intimacy that maybe made Amy think that they were monogamous, which makes a lot of sense. Is it cheating? I don't think so. But it all goes back to if she feels it's cheating, it's cheating. But I'm sure he could justify his way out of it to be like no, no, no no, because you said we were open, So if you if it changed, why didn't you tell me? I feel like right now she just gotta have a conversation about like, so can we be close? Like do you want to just be with just me? But also I think for me personally, I'm trying to imagine what I would do. I don't know if I could come back from that. It's not just the cheating, it's being on completely different pages. She's like here being like me and my number one monogamous man and laying is just us together, And he's like, that's my amy. We date, But I'm dating Jesse and Becky and Shela and I love them. That tectic. I would just have too many questions and answers. I don't want the answers.
Speaker 2: To I just say dump him, because if there was nothing like the whole reason why open relationships exist is for that reason they are open, open of communication. Open channels of routing.
Speaker 1: But they're twenty What do you mean they were twenty when they had this chat twenty three? They're twenty three now dating for three and a half years.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should be able to use your age as an excuse. I think she got a dump in. This is flex and Rooms on KEDA.
Speaker 1: It's not every day I read or see information that truly leaves me just at a loss for words. But nothing rendered me speechless more than seeing a TikTok video of this girl documenting her experience living in a seventy person sharehouse. I'm sorry, seven zero. I don't even know the mechanics of how many bedrooms a house needs to have to house seventy people.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is a day in the life of someone who lives in a seventy person house in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: That's someone being me, a twenty four year old that lives in a bunk bed.
Speaker 4: Anyway, this is the singkroom. It's a room full of sinks. It's right across from my bedroom, which is pretty cool. Some people have sinks in their rooms, but not me.
Speaker 1: Somebody left a comment and said, if you pay more than one hundred dollars in rent. That's outrageous. She made a reply video.
Speaker 4: Okay, this comment is killing me because in what world is anyone paying one hundred dollars for rent? Even with seventy people?
Speaker 2: Like maybe if this was in Wyoming, But I.
Speaker 4: Live in say Francisco, and it's really expensive over here. But the biggest question I have been getting is how much do I pay in rent?
Speaker 2: Which is very valid.
Speaker 4: I do feel like I have to explain myself, though, so let's get into that. Okay, So there's singles, doubles, and triples, although I don't know any I think there's like three people living in a triple right now. I don't know anyone else, so I'm not sure how many.
Speaker 1: Triples there are.
Speaker 4: So it's mostly singles and doubles. Private rooms right now are going for sixty fifty in UP.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm that at double.
Speaker 4: And double rooms are starting at eleven fifty right now.
Speaker 2: That's one extensive.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: When she said seventy persons share house, I thought, okay, like creative commune. I'm thinking about ways that could make sense, like maybe there's do you know, thirty bedrooms or something or it's feeling a bit like midsummer where there are a bunch of you know, bunk beds in a room, very camp five, and I thought, maybe it's a temporary situation where you get on your feet, that kind of thing, or UNI accommodation, and she's just lying about it, like you live in a UNI household. No, no, no, she lives in a functioning house that was built to accommodate seventy people and has sink rooms and sinks in rooms. The thing that gets me is sis is paying premium prices to be there. I know she says that San Francisco is expensive, but if you're paying two hundred and fifty US dollars or maybe around three hundred Australian dollars a week to live with sixty nine other people, I'm so sorry that there has to be a better way to manage your money.
Speaker 2: I just like, what is it seventy other are they all certain?
Speaker 1: Age?
Speaker 2: Like what is the building? What are the She only showed us the sinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is the thing, like she later on in the video, you do see her sitting in her living room, which is not that big by the way, I saw two four seedar couches and one three seater and they're all sitting around having a kiki, enjoying each other's company. I think it is meant to be like a creative household or for like you know, young explants implants whichever, people just like you know, joining the city for the first time. But I'm like, there was no better deal for you in seventy people. I don't want to sound insensitive because as someone who hasn't lived with anyone since my family and the one friend I lived with for a couple of months, and you currently live in a sharehouse as well, we have different approaches to this. So in the podcast, we're going to discuss our own housing situations and also try and think about if there's any circumstance we would be comfortable living with sixty nine other people. Some this girl hasn't even met. Oh my god, I don't know. There are some people in the room. I've never seen them before.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, Nah, I don't trust it. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: This is flex and frooms on kit. We're going to do what we do best, which is argue, but not with each other. With the ideas of the internet. I have a theory that the most silliest debates can be found on Rihanna's Www. Rihanna's Internet, But this one in particular is really grinding our gears.
Speaker 2: You know what's Rihanna's Internet?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Yes? Oh my goodness, Like the Internet is Rihanna's Internet, It's Beyonce's Internet, It's Michelle Obama's Internet. Okay, you don't get that, Like it's the most iconic people who are solely responsible for keeping the Internet afloat. It's theirs.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is this like it's my Instagram?
Speaker 2: Okay? Can someone explain this to me? Is that like a well known yeah? Oh god, well favorite boom?
Speaker 1: Take it away.
Speaker 2: I got on an airplane last Wednesday to come home from Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Okay, jet Ce, no need's a flex on us. Okay, domestic travel.
Speaker 2: That is me, And I was sat in the middle seat. Now I make an effort not to be sat in the middle seat. Do you really I do?
Speaker 1: Did you pre book the seats or did you leave it up to chance?
Speaker 2: Well, long story short, I didn't get to choose this time. Usually I always choose.
Speaker 1: Why did windows like long.
Speaker 2: Story seven f every time? Really? Yeah? I just didn't get to choose. It was easter time, like high rates, et cetera. So I'm sitting in the middle, and this strikes panic in my very being because I know that I'm going to be sat in between two people.
Speaker 1: Gross.
Speaker 2: And my biggest issue is that I think a lot of people don't understand a plane etiquette.
Speaker 1: Bush pigs, a lot of them airborne push airborne bush pigs. That's it.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting down and two men come to sit next to me. By nature of their biology biology, they're bigger than me.
Speaker 1: Man spreaders. But either way, anyway, short kings exist. Okay, short kings do exist. Short tia kings, they do exist, and they do fly frequentlys they.
Speaker 2: Do anyway, And I'm sitting down and my biggest thing on an airplane is to get the space that I paid for. So I don't know if you know this, flex, but if you're sitting in the middle seat, you have ownership over the two armrests exactly a lot of people don't know that. Like I talked to my mum when I got home and said how I had to fight for my two arms to be on the arm rest, and she said, what do you mean? I said, honey doesn't travel often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a freaking flyer.
Speaker 2: So we can both agree that here's the thing.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean to not stand by your side in solidarity, because I would love to be on your side for this one. I get it in theory, the window gets the window, you get the best view, the aisle gets easy access to the bathrooms and first dipped with food. The middle seat hypothetically should get both arm rests, but in my short time in the middle seat, I don't want both arm rests. I feel quite comfortable, arms folded, palms on knees, not touching anyone. Because what's worse than having your space invaded on a plane is invading two people's space. And that's what happens when you're on in a middle seat requesting the arm rests. It's very like Butcher mask aggressive. It's not delicate. It's not delicate at all.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for that part of my personality to shine via two elbows.
Speaker 1: So you fought them.
Speaker 2: I just am like very insistent on having them there, and I will not to the point where like I'm not even touching my phone because they've got to both do there.
Speaker 1: I'm very stubborn with their armrests. I don't think anyone would have seen this coming.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: I feel like aesthetically one would assume that I'd be fighting people for for what's rightly mine the two arm rests, and you would be doing the palm on knee.
Speaker 2: Hell no, none of this.
Speaker 1: I think we can both agree that if you're sitting in the middle seat, on a technicality, both armrests should be yours to use freely. But I can understand why middle seat means no armrests as well.
Speaker 2: Strongly firmly disagree. So we've talked about horizontal etiquette on the plane, have we? Yeah, vertical, Now that's horizontal.
Speaker 1: Oh but I thought you mean verticals like sitting upwards.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's what we're going to do next. Vertical. So you're sitting upwards in a chair. What happens when you recline? This is a whole new ball game, and I don't know the etiquette around reclining. For example, you are on the Melbourne to Sydney, you're flying economy.
Speaker 1: I know it very well, do you, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: You decide you're going to recline. You've had a really big day to fly and fly out kind of situation. Are you reclining?
Speaker 1: The rules are and listen closely, please, there is no reclining on a domestic flight, none at all. If it's less sorry, let me caveat. If it's a domestic flight less than three hours, you cannot recline. It's inappropriate. It's savage behavior, It honestly is. The reclining is for the comfort of a long haul flight. Right you know you're doing your Sydney to Ghana. I'm not sure if you've done it before. I have plenty of time. And when you're getting to your halfway stop in Dubai, it's been thirteen hours. You deserve a recline at about four or five hours in you do deserve that. As for a domestic a Sydney to Melbourne, a quick one one and a half hour, upright, upright. And what a lot of people don't utilize enough is the head rest. Use the head rest, babe. If you want to relax and you need a bit of next support, just use the head rest it what's that word I'm looking for? Crunch crunches inwards to support the neck. But you don't need to be reclining backwards. That being said, though, if I feel it on my spirit to recline, and it's been thirty minutes. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it. I'm not uncomfortable. I paid my money and I understand to be the person behind the recliner. I get it.
Speaker 2: Also, coughing on a plane ill, it's fun, it's gross.
Speaker 1: Coughing in public.
Speaker 2: Stop it. Brought to you by Keta. This is the Flex and Fruits Summer Sessions Podcast