Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Just stand all the buttons trying to remember how they will work. Let's see what this one does? Why work from RICHMONDI got it four point three Melbourne, Australia, broadcasting to the world for Christian. I'm stuffed at taxidermist so ConL.
Speaker 3: It's actually quite hard and skins I heard of me for Breakfast Show.
Speaker 4: I lock myself in the toilet for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Starsmell Hey, good morning, it is Tuesday morning, six minutes past six. We are back. Good morning, Jack Post.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, Christian, It's good to be back.
Speaker 2: Patsy, good morning. Hello. So let's find out. Let's catch up what has been going on with you all? I went up to since he've been away. Then I went to Brisbane for a weekend of meditation and other stuff. I found Buddha and then he left me within an hour when I got annoyed by some selfish idiot at the airport when I was flying from Brisbane on Sunday night a week ago to go to a tiny little place been to before my life called Gladston. Are the you two ever been to Gladston in Queensland.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got rellies up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so sleepy little place, isn't it. Where is everyone? On the Monday at ten am, I'm driving through the place down to the ferry. There's no one around. I mean perhaps no one around.
Speaker 4: There's tumbleweeds in the streets.
Speaker 2: Where is everyone? Honestly, how it's actually like there've been like an apocalypse, you know, like in a Will Smith movie. Drive around?
Speaker 3: So is it a holiday destination? Do people go there to go to the beach or is it inland?
Speaker 4: Well it's kind of a bit out. What were you doing there in the first place?
Speaker 2: Well, I went up there and met Sarah and the kids. They've been away for a week before me, and we went on the faery. Was just horrendous, the roughest crossing I've ever been on. That vomit comet two and off hours to get from Gladston to a beautiful literally a paradise I called it, and really is called heron Island. That was stunning, But tun off I've never experienced. And I've done the iris C. The rs C is five hours of hell, people thrown up. This was worse. It was so bad everywhere you look people being sick. You couldn't get out the sea to go to la toilet, you go flying into some couple. It was just people being sick everywhere. And I've got a thing I don't know about you, guys. If I see someone being sick, I will start just looking at them. So we had to keep looking away. And then people advise you to look at the horizon, but you can't because all you can see is other people looking at the horizon.
Speaker 3: So were people vomiting into bags or backs rags?
Speaker 2: Then they run out of bags?
Speaker 3: Oh, so you have to vomit in the ocean.
Speaker 2: Well no, I couldn't even do that at one point because the kids were next to me, and I don't want to freak them out. I merely vomited into my mouth and smiled good morning with bad vomit into mouth and eat it, suck it up, princess birds do it. I wonder I'm going to tell those kids, well, I did you know when they start moaning, go oh, you didn't do this when you were a dead. I went I ate sick for you guys on that vomit comet so we could get to Paradise isn't great to have us back grown up radio content?
Speaker 1: Good Morning, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: When I stayed for my night. You've been there, Patsy then, so you know what I'm talking about. Gladstone there. I get there late on a Sunday night and I'm waiting at the Tilet airport they've got there after fly. The plane I get in is like some of it a buddy Holly Airways. I sent you guys a photos. I thought this might be the last thing they hear from me. Actually had propellers and as I was getting onto the plant, thinking am I meant to sort of swing one of them? More? What do we do? On? Do we push this thing in the bag to get enough to see I haven't got one in my life? With the land in Gladstone, very small airport as you can imagine there. And suddenly it's like quarter to ten and I'm thinking, I look on Uber, don't know what I bothered. It's like there's no Uber there, there's no Ubers there on a Sunday night, it's caught to turn in the evening. I'm waiting for twenty minutes for a taxi. Right. The taxi arrives, right. The guy doesn't look in the mirror or acknowledge me in any way or form a button. He just obviously clicks a button. The trunk opens, I chuck my bag in the back. I get in the back seat, and I sort of say, the name of this motel must be the cheapest place my wife had put me into it. Right to a cheap motel. He drove away, and all he said to me was sound of your accent. You're a long way from home, sinister. Could he have sounded any more creepy? I got Google Maps up put the destination in of this motel, just to check he wasn't taking me to some swamp where a load of his other mates. Now we're gonna have some kind of funny games with me. Why are we going away the circle? You're going away from it? Sah sah? Why is locked in the back? I get to this motel? Is I going time traveling in fifties? Right in the morning, I'm checking out and the lady goes to me, what a shame you're leaving so soon? This week we are launching room service. Oh you've seen room service around the world for the last fifty years, and you think maybe we should try it.
Speaker 3: Were they ran new motel?
Speaker 2: No, I said to it's something new though this place. How long has been here? Twenty years? Twenty years? But last week they launched a room service. Room service has come to cast Jack. What happened to you? How was your Easter? Easter?
Speaker 3: The time off is great. The actual day of Easter, I promised Bianco a whole lot of eggs, but I didn't have them ready on Sunday morning because I have seem to remember this memory of somebody last year telling me if you wait until the afternoon, you can go to the supermarkets and for a dollar they'll give you a bag of all the leftover egg Like.
Speaker 2: One that's like saying I'm not going to get you any Christmas presents and get someone from the January cell third of Day or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's just it's just Easter, and you get Monday off as well.
Speaker 2: So did you say you still haven't found your eggs. It's a really tough I'm just going to go for a drive, which you look around the house for all the eggs that are there. You're going So there were no eggs.
Speaker 3: You could get no eggs to the supermarket and well at least the woolworks and coals nothing not, they're all gone. They're all gone.
Speaker 2: What a surprise, Jack, Well yeah, but normally there's like a surplus, isn't there? You didn't they you start that the cream eggs and that are all being sold like half priced next day.
Speaker 3: There wasn't even if I had to get them the full price eggs. They just were out of eggs. So we had we had no egg Easter when.
Speaker 2: You get just a chocolate bars and then just squished up into roll in your hand and went happy Easter.
Speaker 3: Honestly, tell you what we ate when we got home is that we have some of those like milk, chocolate, bitchy put in cookies, tiny.
Speaker 2: Little petty shot bits. How did you get on it there? Out of were abeat these.
Speaker 5: Three card Oh we had a great day, beautiful weather. We got one hundred and five or rather Audry got one hundred and five eggs.
Speaker 4: This shit little ones, but they're solid.
Speaker 2: How one hundred and five hundred and five did someone calling time on this?
Speaker 5: They scattered half a million eggs that day on Good Friday, raised one hundred and forty grand for the hospital, which was great.
Speaker 3: She had helped Chris is out there.
Speaker 2: You and Chris must have been you know, one hundred of them are for you, five for the kid, right Chris? What she got like a JCB with the scoop at the the machine that they have driving rangers for the gold boards. Did you tie around one of those?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three over the last eight days of staying three different hotel rooms due to this ridiculous itinery that my wife, but of course she actually had an exceled spreadsheet. Literally we're unpacking. It was doing to pack again. It's up being on the run or something. It's protection program. Anyway, I've had a lot of checking into hotels and checking out various cheap motels and the whole rigmroll. There's nothing more closely guarded in the world than hotel wi fi. And let's just take a moment to think about this, because it's the worst Wi Fi in the world. Week you try and stream anything, forget about it. You just get that wheel going round on Netflix or whatever you're trying to watch. Plus, why do they need that very very long. The coat, do you know what I mean? The thirty thousand letter and umlauts and excamation marks and upper did I put upper in? Oh no, I'm fifteen digits in. Sometimes do You'll do the same thing where you think, oh god, I know I didn't do those last two right, but hopefully it just accept it because it's kind of near enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then you start counting the little DUTs that make up all the characters. You're like, have I done fifteen or sixteen of that?
Speaker 2: We don't have the energy for any more of those hotels Wi Fi pass code and they all do that thing where they go, youve got pencer, why do I need a pen? I've checked in, I saw you two minutes ago. Let me on your precious crappy Wi Fi And it takes you so long to write it down. I've got a pen now, so is upper cases it? And then it's a gaps what kind of space bar? And then by the time you start to type it in and you wait to see if you get that's gonna let you on the pressure's Wi Fi, it takes so long it's not worth trying to watch anything. I don't know why Hotel will Wi Fi still insist on doing this ridiculous system with the over long password as well. It's an utter hell.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On this.
Speaker 2: Day, Mystery on this day, All right, time for some history right now on the show twenty third of April eighteen ninety years ago. In nineteen thirty, when no one had TVs, the whether people got news was to gather around the radio and listen to the broadcast from the BBC. And in nineteen thirty, for the one and only time in the history of the BBC, the news simply was there is no news. That was literally what the announcer said, There is no news. They had no news. Yeah, in nineteen thirty April of twenty thirty, BBC simply came on at six o'clock for the biggest broadcast of the day, the Bulletin, and said simply there is no news. And for the remainder of the fifteen minute broadcast, when they normally did all the news and sport, they played get this piano music, So Patsy, don't worry about finning the time, just to stick on some piano music, Okay, there is no news.
Speaker 4: Surely something happened they could have talked about.
Speaker 2: There was no is the BBC, but I there was no news in nineteen thirty there is. Imagine if you came on one morning and simply said there is no news today, we'd all be shocked because there's always news. There's always something going on. Are they're here in Melbourne, here in Australia International.
Speaker 3: I think, Pats, you'll find some obscure tennis match that's going on.
Speaker 2: Somewhere, some Pebble Beach classic we urgently need to be updated on.
Speaker 4: Well, you're informed, all right.
Speaker 2: So the big thing I'm asking you today, then, on this day in history, April the twenty third, a very very important law was passed. What do you think the law was very very important law. What was the year? I'm giving you, no year, No year, A really really important law about something which we all care about and enjoy. We do in Pummyland and you guys do over here as well, where we enjoy committing the crime. And now oh no, no, it's a law protecting something. But I can say no more. What do you think the law was passed somewhere in the world on this day in History, April the twenty third, A very very old law protecting something I think is very important and I know you Australian love this thing as well.
Speaker 3: How old?
Speaker 4: He's not giving it here?
Speaker 2: No year? All right, give us a guest, what do you think it was? What was the law that was passed? On this day in history? April the twenty third nine four one four one oh four three, nine four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're doing on this day Mystery our Dadly History in Action feature twenty third of April. On this day in history, a very important law was passed, protecting something that we all care very very deeply about. What do you think that law was that was passed quite a few years ago? Nine four one four one oh four three? Good morning Chris, Hey, good morning Christian. Here are you? I'm good and have you had a good Easter? Mate?
Speaker 6: Absolutely brilliant?
Speaker 7: Well yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fantastic, very very good. Great to be back this morning, Chris, and thanks to Cooler show. Now, what do you think the law was?
Speaker 7: I think it was prohibition?
Speaker 2: So did you have prohibition here in victim?
Speaker 6: Oh? I was it in Victoria.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 8: I thought you just made general in the America or.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no. My law is bigger than Australia. It protects something which we care about all over the world. But I didn't did you have prohibition here in Australia?
Speaker 3: There had we had some prohibition in like Canberra, I think, or other areas, because I remember they were Oh I don't remember. I wasn't around in the nineteen tens when they were threatening to do it to Victoria. But they threatened to bring prohibition into Victoria.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I didn't know. No, Chris, it's not prohibition.
Speaker 6: Okay, then you have a lovely day.
Speaker 2: I hold you guys, Thank you very much, Chris Tom Okay, it's not prohibition. However, Chris is that this was a game of hide and seek with the answer about what this law is is really really warm.
Speaker 3: So you're still not committing it to us.
Speaker 9: Now you're gonna work a bit harder. They've had a week off from the show. They need to start swaying again in the morning. It's it's not prohibition, but it is to do in that area in that post code.
Speaker 3: Moonshine. You couldn't make like you couldn't make spirits at your own house.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: So has anyone ever actually been offered moonshine? One of those things you talk about, isn't it moonshine? You know they're making illegal moonshine or hoops or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Should it make some.
Speaker 2: Goal one oh four point three moonshine? It's Christian O'Connell's fifty thousand dollars moonshine. All right, what do you think it was? It's not prohibition, but it is. It's in the area nine one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three on this day, mystery on this day, So in the last week of April. April are twenty third today, I'm asking you on this day in history, a interesting and unusual laws past trying to protect something we all care about all over the world, especially here in Australia, and that's pommes are mainly made of it as well. What do you think it is? So far? Something called earlier talked about prohibition. It wasn't that, but Jack, you found out some about prohibition in Australia.
Speaker 3: So true, Canbra did have a bit of prohibition in the twenties, but WA had four referendums trying to instill prohibition. So in nineteen eleven, nineteen twenty two, nineteen twenty five and nineteen fifty they had the same wording on a referendum that was should we prohibit alcohol? And each time a majority of voters said no.
Speaker 2: Wow like to drink. I wonder why they kept asking was it getting out of control? People were drinking too much? Well?
Speaker 3: Ken, how many times can you have a referendum? Because we had a major referendum in like ninety nine or two thousand to secede from the UK. But it's not like they can just keep having that every year until we finally say yes.
Speaker 2: Let's well, they're trying to get another referendum about the referendum about Brexit in the UKM moment, this is your beer exit. Mark's on the line, came on in Mark, Oh good, Christian Agan, I'm good. Have you had a great Easter break? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Thank you excellent Mark. What do you think the answer is? Mate?
Speaker 11: I was thinking it might have been the laws from Germany.
Speaker 2: I think it was well mark Mark. You're quite right. It was the in fifteen. How on earth you knew this five hundred and three years ago? It was the German beer impurity law. Germans love beer, right, Germany, they absolutely love beer. Get this fact. There are thirteen hundred breweries in Germany making some five and a half thousand different types of beer. In Germany alone, five and a half thousand different types of beer. I can't wrap my head around that. I mean five and a half thousand different types of beer. They love their beer. But in fifteen sixteen, Duke Willheim, the fourth you remember him, right, will your favorite? Duke? Three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, top five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Villaheim, the fourth Or of Bavaria pastor law that you could only make beer out of hops, barley and water. And then a bit later on he added in yeast the beer purity law was asked a doctor by many countries all over the world. Beer is so important in Germany, so it's illegal to add any impurities. It still is to this day.
Speaker 3: And what counters in impurity anything that's not those for ingredients.
Speaker 2: So you can't put beers around the world. You have all kinds of stuff to get added into it, and nitrates and various things. It's actually illegal in Germany to muck around with the purity of beer. It's so important to them. Even in the language, there is a word beer earnest, beer earnest, which means beer serious. So how they get I love the phrase beer serious. By the way, is it serious or beer serious? The guys listen out. We's got to say it's beer serious.
Speaker 3: How do they get five thousand different types if they can use.
Speaker 2: What's the variety in them? How does that work out? I don't get that. I was just having a quick look about who loves beer and who drinks the most beer around the world. Which country do you think enjoys the most beer?
Speaker 3: Jeez, we got to be up there.
Speaker 4: It is Germany, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's the Czech Republic, is it? Then it's to say shells in the Caribbean, Dennis, Austria, neither of Pomeland. Australia. We're not in the top ten. Wow, we're not in the top ten. Germany're at number four. Namibia they love the beers in Namibia. They're sitting strong. Yeah, they're sitting strong at number five. Lithuania Island strongly represented at number seven. No surprise there, Australia you're at number nineteen, and Indian's at twenty six. Twenty six.
Speaker 3: We're gonna lift our game. I thought we'd been higher than that, yep.
Speaker 2: And so I went to then find out who drinks the most amount of wine? Again, noither of our countries are in the top ten. Then I looked at wine per capita and I'm stun to see this at number two in terms of the biggest wine drinkers, and Dora is at number one. France is at number five, as you'd expect. But then this is really good. The Vatican City, per capital, the home of the Roman Catholic Church, is the second biggest wine drinking country. It's not even a country, it's a It's a tiny little area. Uh, it's where there where the Vatican is. You know, you got it's an independent state where the Vatican is. They drink more wine there. They're at number two in the in the biggest wine drinkers in the world. Where you would know, I mean, you're you grow a Catholic. Don't you have wine and biscuits with with church? You mean you're not You're not stuck a coombag of it, you know, when you go to your church, they're not passing around like a bottle or a chalice of it. You swing from it and this is where is this pinot? Is this hey vicar? Is this corked? Could you see on Dan? Dan Murphy's got this is? This is Adelaide Hills. God give me a barossa or something. But obviously the Pope, you know well when he said that day he's sort of blessing people and doing masses and that he loves to get on it, chucking it down.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I have a question about how far this radio station goes. Yesterday was to one of the kids and one of their friends had gone away for a week to talk key intosurfing the family and she was going to does the station go that far? And I didn't know how far does Gold go? First?
Speaker 3: Is amazing that your godd wants to listen to the show while she's down there in the surf camp and Talkie. I think it would reach Talkie. I always feel like Gold gets one of the furthest it goes.
Speaker 4: To ocean growth. We've got cousins at Ocean Grove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can pick us up. How are we the same as like? So also in Ocean Grove are our competitors A Fox out there is Eddie out there.
Speaker 4: Oh they're a bit scratching.
Speaker 3: Do you think they're different? They're not all. Not all radio stations are made equal.
Speaker 2: We go. Do you reckon? We've got like one of those sort of beefed up you know, you see a car sometimes at the traffic lights and the guy sort of played around with the engine or some kind of souped up you. We've done something a bit illegal to it to get some extra RPM out of it. Do you reckon? We've added something to this is the one with the coat hanger that just gives us an extra ten case. So this morning, right, Jack's got a map up. Okay. I want to know who can actually hear this show and this radio station the furthest from where we are in Richmond, yep. Okay, So if you think you're quite far away, cool us and let me know. Nine four one four one oh four three. I want to know who is the furthest person away from where we are Richmond listening to the show. Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's a simple question, and try to find out how far this radio station goes. And do our competitors that were up against every single morning, best of them all? Do they go the same as us? Do they further? Do we go further than any other radio station? Jack? You are so you in front of Google Maps.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've just figured out how to do as the crow flies measuring?
Speaker 2: You know, see, I love the fact we still use that phrase. What year we now we've got all kinds of satellite equipment available on our phones. We're still talking about how a crow would do it. Don't tell me how. What's the easiest way? Google Maps? How would a crow get out to ocean grove? We're using Game of Thrones technology? How did the crows do it? From the castle? All right? So are you up on Google Maps where we can PLoP from here to wherever the callers are from. That's right, yep, clever we might be. We might have been rested, but we are straight back into science this morning. All right, let's find out Trish, good morning, Hi, how are you going? I'm good? How are you mate. Yeah, good good.
Speaker 12: I can hear you guys all the way to Saint Leonis and Port Arlington.
Speaker 2: Sat.
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on quite well?
Speaker 2: Quite well?
Speaker 12: Yes, quite well?
Speaker 2: Now what does he say?
Speaker 13: Quite well?
Speaker 2: Perfectly? You're sounding great this morning, Trish? When you say quite well? Does that does that mean that we break up? Sometimes? No?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 14: Never, that's say Geelong done?
Speaker 2: Geelong breaks up? Does it?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 3: It's around the corner, right.
Speaker 2: How strange?
Speaker 3: Always love an opportunity to laugh at Geelong's broadcast capability. That's right, Trish, So forty long? So as the crow flies straight across the bay to Saint Leonard's forty eight point nine kilometers.
Speaker 2: Forty eight point nine Yeah, I reckon, that's very good.
Speaker 3: I reckon we'll get further though. I mean that as the crow fliers is actually pretty short distance because you don't have to go down around Geelong and back up the peninsula.
Speaker 2: I don't think a crow would do it like that. They just the tourists for the straight flying.
Speaker 14: Actually, mind you, I'm not in Fint Leonards now, I mean brain size now, well.
Speaker 2: Listen, Trish, we don't need real time updates. It was just a genuine question through in the morning. Yeah, we're start with we're back with a brand new fish called tresh Watch. All right, Trisia loving to talk to you. Have a good day. I think she was about to take me. Then another change of location. All right, Andrew, good morning?
Speaker 7: Yeah, good, I hang out.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Can you top? Then? What how many k's was it? Forty eight k point nine? Where are you? Mate? Where are you? Andrew listened to the show.
Speaker 7: I'm not there apparently, but I quite often roll up as far as Romsey Lancefield on a really good day where there's no static in the I can hear you or you start breaking up about kilmore kilm my love that.
Speaker 2: It's like when they're leaving the Earth stratosphere for us, that's kilmore?
Speaker 3: All right? Should I do the Lancefield you reckon? Andrew? Is a safe one?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say, sixty four point four kilometers.
Speaker 2: We have a new leader.
Speaker 3: We have a new leader sixty four around there though, So you've got to be on top of the hill to get it.
Speaker 2: He gets some shirperces and goats. He goes up the hill and he listens to the show, and he walks back down. He's trying to go to work, I love that commitment to the show Andrew, Andrew, mate, thank you for calling in, Karen, good morning. She's going to hear she's so far away. Hello, there we go with the satelliteis just founder, Karen, you're listening to the show, mate.
Speaker 12: I've just driven from Benjigo and I listened to you and Bendy go all last week and I got as far as listening to Gold.
Speaker 2: In a chew car. But that's like hours away.
Speaker 12: It is hours away, and I've just driven back this morning to work.
Speaker 2: You got like a transmitteral or top of your car or something that's unbelievable.
Speaker 12: I can't let the secret out and everyone will know.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me you're streaming. No, don't stream Okay, Well it must be a big antenna on top of your car.
Speaker 15: Yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 12: There's a way to listen Gold anytime where Repy you are.
Speaker 3: We'll tell us.
Speaker 2: You've got to tell us. This is a huge cliffhanger, Karen, what is the secret? Share it with us, wise one.
Speaker 12: I can't tell you the secret.
Speaker 3: I hate this.
Speaker 2: I want to know more than I'm actually irritating with you. Karen, You're not getting any of this fifty thousand dollars phone friends in there's you tell me that secret right now.
Speaker 12: I've actually got your wrap on my.
Speaker 2: Phone dream dream dreaming, Karen.
Speaker 12: So wherever I go in Victoria.
Speaker 13: I can listen to God.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 10: Oh Karen, that's great, Karen, thank you very much. Let's have a reset. Okay, everyone's a little rusty us you. We're all getting back into it today. Let's just remind ourselves.
Speaker 2: I don't need real time update and I don't need about what your laptop can pick me up on a k in terms of the good old fashioned radio wireless, where can you pick us up the secret? This secret? You mean one of the world't biggest apps and stream platforms. The iHeart that otherwise known as the Secret. That's how they're going to end this season. The last season came our throats all right, one oh four three. So the furthest away we've discovered at the moment is sixty odd k sixty four point four. That's the crow flies. Can you top that? Nine one four one o four three? No more secrets?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We're doing consumer research at the moment on behalf of this radio station, gone one O four point three. Try to find out how far do we extend on this radio station? What is our reach At the moment, We're up to around sixty four k away.
Speaker 3: That's right. Someone said they can get us in Landsfield.
Speaker 2: Michael's just texted in Christian. If your transmissions are only good for sixty four kilometers and you would like to reach further, seems you need a bigger and stronger transmission aerial are You're not allowed to start mucking around with it because others. If I go out there today to where the transmitter is at Dandenong and suddenly there's me fighting with Eddie Maguire, him trying to get higher up with some kind of office works booster while.
Speaker 3: You're scaling the towel like him, and dars Is trying.
Speaker 2: To tackle me down. We can't have that every day. So I'm trying to find out how far do we go. Let's got to Jeremy right now, Good morning, Jeremy, Good morning, Christian. I'm pretty good. I hope you're well, and I hope you're a lovely Easter Jeremy. And whereabouts do we go as far as where can you pick us up Kodak type in the coordinates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like half an hour out of Gelong.
Speaker 3: Jack okay, Cole. So I'm just using the search function.
Speaker 2: I thought the globe went along and then the end of the world. There's land after Chili. Oh we haven't big lad waiting one hundred and thirty six K one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and thirty six k's as the pro flies Richmond to Colak.
Speaker 12: Not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty good. And and you hear us pretty clear? Was it break up a bit?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 6: No, hear you're pretty clear.
Speaker 7: I work at a saw mill in Karlak and I listen to you guys going to work and coming home from work in the morning. So I'll do an overnight tubes and you make my day.
Speaker 2: But buddy, that's that's great news to hear. Thank you very much. Tell me this, Jeremy. When you flick around, I know everyone flicks around. Can you also hear like triple M and Fox? Great? This is Kolak has fallen CoA. They always saying show biz, if you can take Kolak, you can take Melbourne.
Speaker 3: And any advertisers listening in Colac advertised with this station it's guaranteed to reach you.
Speaker 2: If your target audience is are the good people of Kolak and their wallets, you enter them via this breakfast show. Jeremy, that is great. Great to have you on board looking after us in Kolak.
Speaker 7: Thanks mate, you're a legend.
Speaker 2: Thank you. We should go and do a road show out at Kolak. We'd have Jeremy there and no one else. Let's go to Molly. Good morning, Molly, Good morning, Molly. Can you beat Kolak? I don't know.
Speaker 13: It might be the same distance.
Speaker 14: But Kennet River just passed lawn.
Speaker 2: Wow, ken It River River Jackson's turbment into Google Maps. We'll plot you on the system.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I've done the wrong tond.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful spot.
Speaker 3: Kennant Holiday Park in some other area, kenn It River. Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: The excitement. It's one thirty seven point one four thirty seven case. That is amazing and again crystal clear. Is it all a bit scratchy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 14: Little bit scratchy going around the Great Ocean Road, but as soon as you get to it's crystal clear.
Speaker 2: What about the other mumblies on the other shows? Can you pick up Triple Am or can you pick up Fox?
Speaker 14: I think so, I haven't really tried.
Speaker 2: Good answer, good answer. You've just won a month. We're back. We've only been on their nineteen minutes and the big prizes are here, folks. I've given away our first month money money. Thank you very much. Thanks guys. Apparently we reckon. This guy is even further away. He's on the moon. Uh, it's the man in the moon. Rick, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are we doing?
Speaker 2: We're good? Rick. Where can you pick up the show?
Speaker 6: Terragon? We run a little ty shop Interragon, just s out near the hospital. I can pick you up pretty clear there and then I can follow you right through to Melbourne, which is what I've done this morning.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Charagon's not ours away, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think it's who knows the bloody crow, but I think it's a better.
Speaker 2: Rick.
Speaker 3: You bang on one forty k K.
Speaker 2: This is amazing, amazing news. Well done Rick. Hey, Rick, you've also won a mug as well.
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 2: You've made my day brilliant. Rick. Thank you for listening to the show and supporting us.
Speaker 6: Where is all the best? Christen?
Speaker 2: This is very very exciting so one hundred and sixty King forty k typical man.
Speaker 1: We always add a little bit on, don't we The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, we're straight back into it time now four the biggest radio phone in the world. It is five Topic Tuesday where we run five phone ins at the same time. The star has always you and your amazing stories. The most important phone number is ours nine four one four one oh four three best caller. We get you on the next hour today. Thanks to our friends that Loumo Energy and they are friends, personal friends. That's what I've been for last week. I've been away with my mates Loomo and Energy. You can winking tickets to a very exclusive screening of Marvel's Avengers Endgame tomorrow night. Exclusive screening of Avengers Endgame huge movie will be the biggest movie of the year. Enjoy receiving Hoitts Tuober one tickets with Loomo Energy's Loomo Flicks plan. That was the summer the bar chat I had with them ale week away with the other guys. They run a wild show. Anyway, Here are you five tobbys today on five topic Tuesday. I'm looking forward to this one when you had to cry for help. I went to pick up our crazy German shepherd dog on Saturday morning. She'd been with a dog sitter for two weeks. I made a very big mistake. I'm walking down the drive of this lady Rowen, a lovely lady looks after our dog, and loads of other dogs as well, and I see nieshe round the side of about five or six other sort of dogs, all going oh no, it's not our owner. I go hey, you know, you know was the first thing they said, Well you've got German chevd of never over excited, I go hey, hey, na na. She just goes runs at me, and I'm like no, no, no, no. Bust through some kind of baby gate. She's got there to stop the dogs and get out. Bust through it like it was a car. The gate is going to fly away's hinges. She's followed by six other dogs, all now break out of shortshank dog redemption take off. I that behind me is a road. I actually go help.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 2: I grab my dog and try to grab some little kelpie or something. Try to grab that. The other one's a reuscarmping down the road. These are other people's dogs. I go ho help. So when you had to cry help for help, we got just say we got it. Took about twenty minutes to go round up these crazy dogs. So when did you have to cry for help? Nine one four three? Also this morning, Places you've slept? Where have you fallen asleep? Amazing places that you've fallen asleep? I was saying earlier how we went from Gladstone on this really violently rough crossing for two and a half hours over to an amazing island, Heron Island last week and I was sick. Everyone on this boat was sick. A bart Form, my twelve year old or to lowest, who slept for two hours of it. Whilst people are bouncing around throwing up into bags, they ran out of sick bags. She was spark out fast asleep. I don't even know how that is possible. But places you've fallen asleep. Went to the newly reopened Espie on Sunday night with a load of friends. What an amazing place we have to go there. I saw all these little bars tucked away and the music was great. Anyway, I'm waiting to get served when we first get there about half seven and then there's a great atmosphere. It's absolutely heaving. It's Easter weekend, beautiful weather over the weekend. Stood next to me, I do a double take. Is Wayne Carey just at the bar? You don't think of stars at the bar ever? Do you? You think that they go to or they have bars they're in private? You don't.
Speaker 13: And he's just he's just like me.
Speaker 2: You know. He's got like his money out, you know, and you do the alm. I've got cash. I don't need to tap anything. You give me the beer. I'm out of here. There's no oh whereas I tap at the side, the top, none of that can carry carries cash. So start at the bar. What celebrities A listeners through the Z listers. Have you seen actually at the bar? Who you've been at the bar with? That's what I want to know. And then finally this morning, trying to get rid of unwanted animals, we had a long drive, five hour drive when we went back to Gladston to get to Noosa, and we were doing it in shift, my wife and I through the night and that is a long old drive and suddenly the kids went, oh god, mom, there's a cockroach. In the car. I did not know. My wife is scared off the twenty one years marriage. Scared of a cock croach, he screams. The car swerves into a layby. I can't drive it. I'll get it out this car right now until you find that cockroach. We don't find the cockroach. It keeps reappearing for five hours. Cars gre be pulled over more searching. One watch says, can you pull off the dashboard? And I'm not stripping the car. It's a higher car. But it's amazing the damage you can do to stuff as you try and swat or show out any kind of unwanted creature. You know, a four legged animal, two legged one, a fly, a crane fly, or this time just a cockroach. So trying to get rid of unwanted animals. Those are your topics this morning, nine four three. Give us a call the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Straight back into five topic Tuesday Best Stories. We get you in the next half an hour. We have thanks to Loomo Energy, you got tickets to go to an exclusive screening of the big movie of the year, Marvel Avengers End Game. You can go and see it tomorrow night. We need your stories on nine four one four three when if you had to cry out for help I had at the weekend after I picked up my crazy German shepherd from my German from the dog sitter and she busts through a baby gate, releasing six other dogs as well out onto the streets. Places that you've managed to fall asleep, stars at the bar, celebrities that you've seen at the bar, and trying to get rid of unwanted animals nine four one four three. Chris and I breastfed sat next to Ricky Ponting at a pub. I didn't know it was Ricky Ponting at the time, as the baby was only six days old and I was so tired and exhausted. Christ and I saw Dennis Lily lots of signs of cricket stars at moment doing Yaeger bombs at the bar at Melbourne's off the Gold Gold Coast. Once bonus point for if you could tell what tell us what the star was drinking, Dennis Lily doing.
Speaker 3: Gaiger bombs, what's happened to Yer bombs?
Speaker 2: I think you can say what's happened to Dennis Lilly? They disappeared together they rode off into the sunset. All right, So nine four one four one four three Andrea, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Adria, and welcome to the show in five to But Tuesday, which one you culling in.
Speaker 8: About, mate, Christian, I'm calling it about falling asleeping strange place?
Speaker 2: All right? Where did you fall to sleep?
Speaker 12: Had an Eric.
Speaker 8: Clapton concerts at rod Laver Arena.
Speaker 2: Oh no, poor old snow hats. The hands were too slow.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what sung?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 13: No, it was just sort of.
Speaker 12: Through the concert.
Speaker 8: I was pregnant and we'd walked a long way so to get to the concert, and I fell asleep.
Speaker 7: It was so good.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? Eric Clapton saw that. He'd bet you'd be heartbroken if you're a legend like that and there's someone catching some z's during you know, one of your big guitar solos. That's amazing, big noisy guitar concert. You messed a not off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I tried to it almost in a bon Jovi as well.
Speaker 2: You've got form here, haven't concert?
Speaker 8: That was a very boring concert.
Speaker 2: You should be our gig reviewer and seem me just tell us man, whether you managed to stay awake or fall asleep. That's it. No other words. Yeah, well I was boring, all right, Andrea, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You really didn't like that Bunjo.
Speaker 2: She really didn't know that, and I was actually too frying to ask a follow up question. Has she the fallen asleep during this show? I think we'll take it as probably Yes. It really was a very boring link. Let's just try Morgan. Good morning, Morgan, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: I'm calling him. We're falling asleep.
Speaker 2: Oh great, where are you falling asleep?
Speaker 11: I fallen asleep at a true tattoo parlor while I was getting a tattoo on my forearm.
Speaker 2: Now I've got a tattoo. They hurt a bit, you know, I'd find it impossible. And the noise that were you drunk?
Speaker 11: No, I was one hundred percent sober. I was with my fiance who's now my wife at the time, and yeah, it's a cross on my arm. There's from a video game called Blood Rain, and later on I'm going to add my kids' names and their date of birth to it.
Speaker 2: Hang on, you've got blood right, and then you're going to add in your children's names and take it right. There's quite a lot going on there, sir.
Speaker 11: It's a cross from a video game called Blood Rain.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, you're right, okay.
Speaker 11: And the reason why I want to get my kids names in the day of birth is so I don't forget when their birthdays are.
Speaker 2: Of course, and your favorite video game, you've got Blood Rain. You've got all the all the info there as well. Your mother's made a name as one in case you'll forget your passwords definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it's all well good Morgan, but it doesn't really explain where you fell asleep.
Speaker 2: No, you're quite right. Who knods off at the tattoo parlor?
Speaker 11: I guess I was just nice and relaxed to my tattoo.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, this was a good guy, right, pretty good at the job tattoo. Pilo said that to le bon Jovi concert as well. Here clapson. All right, thank you very much, Morgan, have a good day, all right, keep this coming ninety four one four one four three Your stories this morning on five to BIC Tuesday, The Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three five to bit Tuesday. We're the best stories. You can win tickets to go to exclusive screening tomorrow night of Marvel's new Avengers End Game thanks to Luma Energy. The topics today on five to bit Tuesday are your stories about when you tried to get rid of unwanted animals? Also, celebrities at the bar, star at the bar. Who have you seen places that you've managed to fall asleep? And when you've had to shout for help? Those are the stories we need this morning on nine four one four three. Soandra, good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Christian?
Speaker 2: Are you I'm good? Do you have a good Easter? Sondra?
Speaker 15: It's pretty good?
Speaker 2: Excellent? All right? Which one are you calling in about? Mate?
Speaker 15: The unwanted animals in the car?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What have you found? A koala koala in the car?
Speaker 15: Koala? Yep. It was about forty eight years ago. We're down on Philip Alan. My daughter was about adding untold or something and it was sitting right in the middle of the road and she's in the car seat in the back, so we opened the car door so she could see it, and it must have thought we were the kohi, the taxi, because it climbed into the car onto the floor and we didn't know how to get it out because they can be vicious. Then just sat there looking at it for a while, and it finally decided to turn around and crawl out of the car. But we were panicking in case it jumped up onto the car onto the sleep beside it, because it could have been dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and often aren't They sometimes sort of stone out then you collect us.
Speaker 15: Probably got tired of trying to come sway back into the tree.
Speaker 2: For what we'd take it in the car the cheese, Give me something eat all right, Sancha, Thank you very much. You killed me. You have a good week?
Speaker 15: Okay, you two?
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, Thank you. Sam. Good morning. Hello Sam.
Speaker 14: Yes, sorry, I'm in the car. Could he break up?
Speaker 2: Hey, that's all right, don't worry Sam. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you. I'm actually calling up on two topics, but calling for help and animals in the car. I went to Dick Market bought two rainbow lorikeets. They chewed out of the box and started flying around in the car. Daughters in the backseat of the car screaming, and they were hitting the windscreen and I was trying to drive pull over to the emergency Lane called my husband at the same time, and it just didn't work. It was absolutely the most traumatic experience of my life.
Speaker 2: I bet. And of course you get in a confined space, any kind of bird flying around makes she's squeamish.
Speaker 14: Yes, no, it wasn't screaming a screamish. It was terrifying because I was worried about an accident, them flying in my face and everything else.
Speaker 3: Sam, did you want to put the windows down or you didn't want to?
Speaker 2: You bought the animals.
Speaker 14: I had to buy them. And then six weeks later, ironically, they died because they got blown over and we had to have a proper funeral service.
Speaker 2: According to my daughter's so sorry it's blown over.
Speaker 14: The case flew over in.
Speaker 13: A storm, and so my daughter wanted a proper scenal service.
Speaker 2: Also, I question the use there are, Sam, of the word ironically. I mean, I've heard I've heard that song many times. At no point does it say isn't it ironic? When recently purchased Laura Keets and my grandfather ironically he's dead, Sam, great cal on so many reasons. Thank you very much, keep these great calls coming. We said this every week, but you made this work. It's amazed. I love doing five to but Tuesday we never know from cool to call what we get him. That was amazing. Ironically they died nine four one four for three. Oh it's good to be back.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Ask you this morning, have you ever seen a star at the bar? You've us seen a celebrity at the bar next to you? Who were they? Bonus points if you can tell us what they were drinking? As well weird places that you've managed to fall asleep when if you had to shout help and also trying to get rid of unwonted animals. Christian to an email here from Rick Christian driving through a round her one day, I pulled the sun visor down to find a Huntsman spider under looking at me directly, but the size of the back of your hand to give you some idea. He looked to me, I looked to him. It was a Mexican spider standoff. Neither of us flinched. I had to try and calmly drive through a busy roundabout, putover and escort him out of the car. That's amazing, Rick, Thank you very much. Richard's on the line. Good on Richard, Good morning guys.
Speaker 8: Welcome back. Should they have your back on the ear again?
Speaker 2: Oh, blessure, Thank you very much, Richard. It is great to be back now, Richard. Wherever you managed to fall asleep, I.
Speaker 8: Managed to fall asleep in the Canny Court jury box when I was performing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the foreman the most responsibility of all the jury members. You return the verdict.
Speaker 11: Correct, we're two and.
Speaker 8: A half weight into what's were in a half weight trial? Was one of the underbelly murders. I'm back in the early two thousands and wow, big are you.
Speaker 3: Even allowed to talk about it now? Richard? Isn't that stuff all.
Speaker 8: As long as I don't know names? But it was winked, That's what I was saying.
Speaker 2: To You massed a trial like that? You mashed and not off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we did because they got to a point where they was just preferred illegal and forwards.
Speaker 7: Before you know it, on snore my head off.
Speaker 10: They must have been looking around you're on it is.
Speaker 2: Hello, What do they did? They wake you up? Because obviously you're one of the jury members, you've got to pay attention to everything.
Speaker 8: No, correct, go on next to me, nudge me and it might have a bit of wake up. The change gave me an absolute cook before and asleep again that the jury will be dismissed.
Speaker 2: For some nap time.
Speaker 8: Correct, you said the employees try and pay attentions.
Speaker 3: Richard's incredible. They didn't use that scene in the Channel nine remake of The Underbelly Show.
Speaker 11: Make snoring probably would have out all the.
Speaker 2: Al right, Richard, that's an incredible one. Thank you very much for calling in. Thanks guys, all right, if you got any more. Last Chelsea calling in on these nine four one, one four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: One last call on five topic Tuesday about when you've had to cry for help? Now, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 12: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. You have a good easter?
Speaker 13: Yes I did, Thank you very much. How about yourself?
Speaker 2: I also wondered, But it is great to be back.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Christian. I'm calling my children actually called and have dubbed.
Speaker 2: Me in.
Speaker 13: Too close help. We were at a water park and we were in one of the inflatable tube right, we just float around in a tube. Ye, when it came to the end of the own Christian, I actually just couldn't get out of the tube. I'm a quite large test and we could not get the tube back.
Speaker 2: So you stuck in the rubber ring and you got to go help.
Speaker 13: Absolutely the chances we might have to take it back to Melbourne with us. It was though, who My children thought it was the funniest thcene that they've've ever seen, so that that's why what happened.
Speaker 2: What did lifeguard have to come in and deflat that? They well obviously deflate the tube, there's nothing actually good to flat.
Speaker 13: They managed to pour enough water through using buckets so I could just.
Speaker 2: I could slide. I bet there was a stampede of guys offering to halpower it was.
Speaker 13: It was, Yeah, it was one of those things I'll never forget.
Speaker 7: That's for sure.
Speaker 2: That's great. Now we'll give you some tickets to go and see the movie.
Speaker 13: Ok, oh, thanks so much, Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Guys, have a nice day and you Andrew can also get some and Sam as well. Britain Stories This morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You can email the show. We call it late to the party about anything you hear us talking about, maybe from a couple of months ago before we took the break. Got a lot of great emails to get through, just from the best of we were running last week when we weren't here, still ruining you mornings, even when we were actually not here physically. Good Ay Christian, This comes from Patrick Gooday Christian. When I was three or four, you were talking on the show about being saved by a stranger. I've got a late La party story. This is a great one from our friend Patrick over in Hobart. When I was three or four, I fell into a water fountain whilst playing at the edge in Franklin Square and Hobart, where I grew up, and was saved by Michael Hodgman, former Liberal Party leader in Tasmania. He was given a speech there at the time, or talking to the news cameras somethink politiciane I love that phrase. I say saved in quotations because according to my parents, I don't remember it. I could actually swim, was already climbing over to climb out. My parents think he just saw a photo from saving a child in peril Lettin even though I was getting out to save this boy witness they will bring the cameras closer saved this portchar.
Speaker 3: He dunked his head under first to make them more dramatic.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much and also thank you for my mug which arrived just before Easter with breaking news handle intact post happy customer Patrick great email. Thank you very much for those. If you one email the show is Christian at Gold one oh four to three dot com dot au, you could be getting one of our highly coveted breakfast show mugs with handle intact.
Speaker 3: Do we dare open the topic now?
Speaker 2: Saved by a politician or saved by a celebrity, I mean both a celebrity and a politician, Yes, definitely the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: It finally happened. Just had an email from Maria. You know Maria on reception. Ye send me an email. One of our listsiness his complaints and they called the show today but there was no answer. You and I have spoken it many times before. It's now time to have that intervention about producer Brad and his walkabouts. Here's all happened on this show most days I'll go call in now. I would have told producer Brad I wanted his phone in here. I'll get people to can he go, oh call? That'd be rialdly saying that you all call in. He decides to just got to walk about. That's the perfect time to go and have a dump or whatever he goes and does, or you know, cook a ca rustle up some food for the team or something with someone has email complaining they pulled over to call the show. That takes a lot of effort. They called it and there was no answer.
Speaker 3: It's true, and I mean a lot of times this morning, especially on five topic tuesdays, all lines will light up. We'll look out the window's curridly like trying to grab two phones in one to pus.
Speaker 2: Is this kind of have a little stretcher's legs of a chat with on the engineers. How's your reach that?
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 2: They're doing a phone in over on my show.
Speaker 1: At the moment the first breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Patsy's.
Speaker 2: Been saying my fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy begins in the next hour. You've seen what's going on at the moment, there's a meeting of five people talking about this phone frenzy. I got it. I got to a taxi on Friday picking up sort of up from the airport. The guy goes, recognize my voice and he goes, ah, I want to win some of that money on your phone friends in I went what He went, you're doing this phone friends? And I went, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. He goes, how does it work? Went, I need to get a few emails. And I don't think anyone here. It's one of the boss's ideas. Why are they're five people having a meeting during the show about something I've got to do during the next home But a phone frenzy.
Speaker 3: It sounded good as a title sounds right, And the promos and the advertising for the show, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: All the productions really to go. Do you know? Do you know how it works? I think I thought we had a meeting a week and a half ago, which is a very long time in radio, as like a Game of Thrones kind of stuff. People can get fired in a weeks and a half.
Speaker 3: So people call in not now during the day. When they hear a song. It's always when you hear a song, it is they.
Speaker 2: Love that, you know, tried and tested that.
Speaker 3: And then you get put into the draw to get the classic too.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a two part classic there, the cuticle song and then the old classic radio draw. All right, so once we find out more, but during the next forty five minutes, I will be giving you the details of today's winning song. Right now, though, it's time for the outwork time wast we're looking for your Easter songs. Hey, you get off of my shroud.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: The two in shroud? Is that n thing? Are you? Please? Tell me you're joking?
Speaker 3: I thought I know the truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. Your mom is going to hear about this.
Speaker 4: Didn't you go to Sunday school?
Speaker 3: I never did.
Speaker 2: This weekend? Take yourself to a Bible class, sir? All right?
Speaker 3: The two inch rout, I know, it's like a it's like a textile.
Speaker 2: Stop talking now, Hey, you get off my shroud. Nothing going on but the lent. Thank you? Uh drop the ponsious pilot.
Speaker 3: What are these words? I did like eggs, bunny, hot cross buns.
Speaker 2: One of us did go to a Catholic primary school when he was a kid. Pilot, you don't know who Punchius Pilot is the whole story of and you want the Easter eggs, but you don't want to do the reading up on this big event that's been around for a while. And House of the Risen Sun. You do know the story about the three days he rose again? Very good? What have you got? These are me great egg man, eggy chocolate, eggy sous gold bus.
Speaker 3: Girls just want to have fun, Bunny for nothing and shout out to my eggs.
Speaker 2: Great, let's go down Easter songs. We're back, but there's no way we should in charge of fifty thousand dollars in a foam frenzy. All right, text your Easter songs in O four seven five O three one oh four three oh four seven five O three one oh four three. We're looking for your Easter songs this morning. All right, let me take you to the Holy Easter Story.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three March today is that word time waster your Easter songs? All right? You're ready tomorrow ready ex ex baby bread start gold recing strathmore. Well done, Bunny Davis eyes, that's a golden egg mark in Thornberry, Well done. Janey's got a hot cross bun Gold, I don't Chris message and apostle. Do you know what the apostles are? Oh that's clever, very smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the twelve Apostles in a down the Victorian Great Ocean Roads and in.
Speaker 2: The Bible as well. Yeah. Silver plush, sweet Bunny of mine. Silver, she works hard for the bunny. Gold, don't worry be hoppy. Oh gold, these are very good, straight out of Cadbury's, straight out of Compton Silver plus. Someone actually begins these ones with an apology for them. Sorry, these are rubbish bound for bunny. Seven egg wonders. Ooh, Peter h can't get no crucifixion.
Speaker 3: Are we allowed to give that?
Speaker 2: A good? Mone market down market down Silver, Silma, Hey, Judas, that's good gold, Good Friday on my mind. Gold, clever Craig, some bunny to love.
Speaker 3: That's our leader, Gold Egg, Dave.
Speaker 2: In Croydon, Elton John's Rabbit Man, Gold Stratos chop the Casmar Silver, Achy, break the egg, Silver miners right, that's silver Achy, breaky egg. That's ther last one this morning. Well done.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three coming up in the next half an hour details, so you could be taking part first Chance to be in with a chance of winning five thousand dollars this Friday for the five fifty thousand dollars phone Frenzy.
Speaker 3: First, I want you guys to tell me if I've been a good neighbor or bad neighbor.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: We wanted to take good Friday to paint the side of the house, and the carpenter said, what you have to do before you paint anytime before you paint, pressure wash the side of the house because with all the landscaping, all the dust, it's really dirty. Then we went out, like Thursday night, we sort of went out to dinner and a lost track of time and didn't get around.
Speaker 2: How do you get sort of go out for dinner. Sure, it's a very definite event you're there or you're not allow with you you never you're sort of anywhere to be. He went out with brand, our producer. He said that around about half seven, the old yawny post came along. Even though he's not even on the show, he's off for a week half seven, it's it's like yawning and snooze time came.
Speaker 3: Whichever way, I didn't get around the pressure cleaning the house, and then I was falling asleep Thursday night before Good Friday, thinking, oh, now I got a pressure clean in the morning, but we'll have to wait all day till it dries because you can't paint a wet wall. So I said my alarm really early. At six am. I got up and I thought, if I sprayed through the house straight away, then we'll be able.
Speaker 2: To say it on Good Friday. You think it's okay to crank up a jet washer all that noise.
Speaker 3: I didn't really a religious day.
Speaker 2: At six. You didn't do it at six am, did you? Well?
Speaker 3: I first tried at six, I go about a fifth of the wall done, and then I felt too guilty because it.
Speaker 2: Is so so much noisier than I remember, like nine public holiday.
Speaker 3: So then I did the rest at seven.
Speaker 2: I'd have been around within seconds to put you right about. You do not crank up a jet washer at seven am. As it was even on Easter Sunday, one of our neighbors gets the old leaf blower out.
Speaker 3: Oh, a jet washer, So you're the type of day, But that we'll go and say something, because I would just I would be bitter and no tell you, I'm.
Speaker 2: The sort of neighbor that respects a public holiday. You just start jetwashing something.
Speaker 4: Especially a religious one at seven am.
Speaker 3: Yes, but now the wall is painted and everybody in the neighborhood gets to look at as for everybody.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So coming up joining the between now and ten o'clock your chance to take part, the first chance to take part in my new fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy, so new. We've only just found out from the boss how it works. It's very easy. You're listening out.
Speaker 3: For a song and you've forgotten.
Speaker 2: Wait, how dare you? How are you coming up? Piece of paper? Now I know the song. The song is yes, of course, counting the beat by the swingers. It will be played by me jo on the next twelve between now and ten o'clock. It's gonna be played as soon as you hear it, calling nine four one four one oh four three. Everyone who calls in and they called in for.
Speaker 3: Do they call it at the start of the song. On the end of the song, poc number.
Speaker 2: Pick a number eight, call in for eight minutes on nine four one four one oh four three. Everyone who calls in for eight minutes and gets their names taken down goes it through to the drawer on Friday's Breakfast show. Is that how it works? People? Fast rubbish? Now eight minutes They're going to take down all the names for eight minutes and then all those names get added in.
Speaker 3: Well, you know how slow aproadgeses are that.
Speaker 1: The Christian oh Connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well down to everyone he called in join the eight minutes after hearing this our's winning song count the Beat by the Swingers. You're all on my contacts list and you could be getting the winning call this Friday to win your share of fifty thousand dollars in my fifty thousand dollars phone frenzy. Keep listening between now and five o'clock. Every single hour, there are more chances. Okay, So first show back after at Easter break title today's show is ironically they Died. We are back tomorrow morning. Great to be back today. Thank you very much for listening. Have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian oh Connall Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three