Speaker 1: Hello, my name's Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud yr the Order, Kernie Whoalbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 4: Hello, and welcome to She's on the mo the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom Today, my friends, is Friday again comes around every week so strange, which means it is time to sit back with the girls with a bev in hand, to unpack the week that was, and of course to celebrate you how incredible She's on the Money community. As always, we're going to be sharing our favorite money wins or Georgia King will be. We never contribute anything, do we, Jess. We're going to be discussing what's making news in the finance world, and we are going to be answering a juicy money question, which this week is very self indulgent. I mean, I didn't ask the question, but I'm very happy to answer. It's about my budgeting cash flow system and how all of the different bank accounts work and fit together, which I cannot wait to dive into.
Speaker 2: But before we.
Speaker 4: Get their, miss Jessicarichi, tell us what happened on our Monday's Money.
Speaker 2: Diary this week.
Speaker 3: We had a beautiful multi mother of two who worked in emergency services and she had an egg donor.
Speaker 4: An actual queen, and it was a really.
Speaker 3: Unique situation because she spoke about this couple who put a call out online trying to find a donor because they wanted someone who.
Speaker 2: Had the same heritage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right, like they wanted, I guess for their family to follow that lineage in a sense. And she reached out because she fit the description of what they were looking for. And she developed this relationship with this couple and she you know, had their child and they're still in contact and it was such an it made my heart so happy. Oh my god, it was really really special. And the way she spoke about it. She was so passionate about giving a family an opportunity to have a child that they couldn't have by themselves. And she was really open, and to be honest, I didn't know a lot about any of the egg donor or like any of that process, and she was really happy to share what it was like and how that worked financially, and we.
Speaker 4: Asked a lot of really intimate questions and she's so grateful for But you know, this whole week, I've just been thinking like, oh my gosh, Like there was this gay couple who weren't sure if they could have a baby worked out the process and them were like, oh, we just don't know. Like we've worked out how we go through the process. We've found someone who can be the surrogate, but is any way we can intertwine our heritage into this. They put this call out out and had her reply and she was like the perfect match for them, And so now they have babies and they can have another one. They have babies with the same heritage as they have, And I just think that is so beautiful because that's a reality that a lot of people in our community who are in those circumstances can't get.
Speaker 3: And it was really cool that they had a relationship because obviously when you do egg donorship, you're not always in the picture. So it was I felt like a really unique take and I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just didn't know there was so much to it either.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that when you go, all right, I'm going to donate an egg, there were like open egg donations and closed eg donation.
Speaker 2: It was very much like adoption in a.
Speaker 4: Way, and I just I hadn't ever thought about the semantics of that, and I was just like, this is such a cool process. The most interesting question though, I was like, oh my gosh, how you met the child? Like how did you feel? And she was like she was just another really special girl.
Speaker 3: Like I just I love it anyway, really cool, really really unique.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 4: Yeah, epic money story, but from one epic money story straight into our epic Wednesday deep dive Georgia King.
Speaker 2: What did we cover this week?
Speaker 5: We went really deep into the subject of financial trauma. So that's characterized as a dysfunctional reaction to chronic financial stress. So we went through exactly what it is, what it looks like. We learned that it's actually very similar in its indicators to what people with post traumatic stress experience. Like, it's a very serious thing, and we kind of spoke about how the term trauma is often kind of used a bit frivolously in twenty twenty two, but financial trauma is a very real thing, and we have seen this week so many dms of people that have really resonated with this topic, which we didn't expect. So yeah, if you think that that's something that you may struggle with, definitely have a I.
Speaker 4: Was really worried about this episode coming up because sometimes topics like this can be really confronting. Yeah, it's kind of like, hey, gee, here's this episode and she's on the money, and you might have you know, been happy listening to content and not really thought about it, and then you're confronted with all these indicators that you really align with and you're like, oh my gosh, I didn't realize that I've actually been through this and this is the thing negatively impacting me. It can actually raise, you know, a fair bit of trauma, which obviously we provided some financial counseling resources for that.
Speaker 2: But I think the best thing you can do is actually just talk about it. Talk about it.
Speaker 4: With someone, reach out to our Debt Free Helpline for some free financial counseling. If you're in that circumstance, reach out to a therapist, talk to your GP. I just think that there are so many conversations to be had, but thankfully, if you've been able to identify it, we can work on it. And that's a really great outcome for anyone who found themselves in that position this week.
Speaker 2: So love you.
Speaker 5: Guys one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: All right, Georgia King, I think it is time to pivot into some lighter content now. I want to know what are our budget Direct money wins this week.
Speaker 5: Well, we've got some goodies, ladies. The first one of the week comes from Alex money Win. I was looking at accommodation in London for Christmas and New Year's for about three thousand.
Speaker 4: Dollars London, so expensive, getcha.
Speaker 5: I ended up downloading an app and I found a house sitting gig in the same locations in the same time frame for free, for free. It is a hot, gosh genius smart for Christmas and New Year's because so many people are going to be away.
Speaker 2: House sitting gigs.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have even considered looking for a house sitting gig.
Speaker 2: If I was traveling.
Speaker 3: We spoke about pet sitting we did a few weeks ago, and house sitting, I would argue, is like even better.
Speaker 2: House sitting is Do you reckon it?
Speaker 4: Can start planning my holidays around random locations in the world that people need their houses. Do you know what I would travel for a pet Mike? If you said, hey, I live in Italy. These are my random dates of leave. Can you please come look after my dog? Probably be there with absolutely What a joy. The next week comes from aerin. After having a credit card for twenty years, I finally paid it off and cut it to.
Speaker 2: Shrinks yees, twenty years, What a queen? How good?
Speaker 5: The next win comes from Anna money win. Okay, it's a bit of a long one strap.
Speaker 2: Ready, We're ready, money win.
Speaker 5: I dye my hair with a supermarket hair dye. I always checked the reduced section at the supermarket and I happened to find the hair dye that I buy a few days ago. It had that very tasty price of five dollars.
Speaker 2: Money win.
Speaker 5: Then I went to the self checkout to see it scan for over eleven dollars. I stood there thinking, do I just suck it up pay that amount, or do I get a staff member to come over and change the price. As I grabbed three packets, it would have been over eighteen dollars extra then the advertised reduced price. So I called over a staffer and she asked the price. I replied five dollars something, and she said, how does five dollars for the lot sound?
Speaker 2: So money?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 5: It was definitely worth it. Well done to you, Anna. The next wind comes from Caitlin money Win. I'm moving in with my boyfriend and when I called to move my current insurance, I got a five hundred and seventy dollars refund money win straight into the car account for next year's renewal. Would that be because maybe the parking's not on street or something like that.
Speaker 2: Risk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and different postcodes have different like risk associated with them, and the closer you are to the city, the more likely you are to have a higher risk profile and therefore more insurance to pay, which means that my parents have really good insurance and I kind of want to move home just for that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The next week it comes from Luara money. When I was walking down at the food court in the shopping mall with my husband and I saw fifty dollars laying on the floor. My husband a trap stuck to a bit of fishing.
Speaker 2: Line, someone pulling it along along the floor.
Speaker 5: My husband picked it up and asked the people around if someone had dropped it. None of them had. In fact, they said, you found it, it's.
Speaker 2: Yours, signers, keepers.
Speaker 5: Losers, weepers. Indeed, so she's fifty dollars richerut. While walking around the mall. On that note, ladies, I saw a one dollar coin.
Speaker 2: Was it super glued to the ground.
Speaker 5: I didn't pick it up, and I was like, you have grown up, George, because I felt like a tight ass.
Speaker 3: I don't care how old.
Speaker 4: But I also think it's really sweet. I think it's like passing on the lock to somebody else that makes really sweet. It's also this whole conversation about finding money on the ground reminds me of the boys I went to school with. I remember in grade eleven in the lock area, the boys with super glued two dollar coins to the ground, like people try and pick it up and then like make fun of them. Bullying has progressed since then.
Speaker 5: It seems brilliant that takes us to the last win slash loss of the day. It comes from Gen money loss.
Speaker 2: This is so good.
Speaker 5: I got drunk on a fourteen hour flight from Melbourne to Dubai and I paid two point seven k for an upgrade to business Harris money win. I'm now extremely motivated to actually be able to afford to fly business class.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine?
Speaker 4: And it's funny because she would have been having the time of her life dreams on the plane. They're free, absolutely like having a whole other.
Speaker 2: Time to then upgrade and then when you're sober, up it.
Speaker 4: But you're like, hookie, error, I've made a horrible flight from Dubai.
Speaker 3: Parents would have thought you would have wanted to have done it in Australia.
Speaker 2: How it goes into it? Is it ten hours?
Speaker 4: It's a long time. It's definitely a long time. So it would have been an expensive flight. Just she was living our dreams. We flew to America recently and we were like, oh, maybe we treat ourselves.
Speaker 2: It is a business trip.
Speaker 4: We'll see how much more expensive.
Speaker 2: It is here we are.
Speaker 4: Turns out we had rocks in our heads because we're like, okay, it's a pretty going to be expensive right, because we were booking last minute flights to the US, which is entirely my fault because I had left it so late. So our flights each were like two and a half nearly three thousand dollars each return to LA which is disgusting. But we went to a finance conference and hopefully we've brought home this newfound knowledge, which is and she's on the money. Were actually it's not that much more to fly business like. We're already nearly three thousand dollars deep each at this point, and by each, I mean six thousand dollars deep, because I'm the business owner.
Speaker 2: Okay for this, Yeah.
Speaker 4: For ten thousand dollars a flight, I think not rastus. You will sit in an economy class and you will enjoy.
Speaker 2: It, that's all right.
Speaker 3: I invested in a lot of like plane lutch, like a foot hammock, and like a feel yes, which is basically business class.
Speaker 5: It was that ten thousand, exactly ten thousand dollars pertic.
Speaker 4: It was I think it was like thirteen thousand per ticket to the US, and if you want to fly first, that was like twenty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And I nearly was sick.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a joke at the start, and then I was like, noh, yes, it's fine, because that must be our tickets combined.
Speaker 2: It wasn't. It was eually.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we bought foot Hammocks on Amazon Primo. Basically a business class experience.
Speaker 5: That is all for the Wins today.
Speaker 4: Lady speaking as always, it has been great celebrating some of your budget Direct money wins. Budget Direct winner can Star's Insurer of the Year Award twenty twenty to the fancy guys Budget Direct Insurance solved. Let's go to a really quick break and after the break we are going to be talking about the budget and cash flow masterclass and the bank accounts associated with that, and we also have some juicy news to share with you guys. Don't go anywhere. Okay, gals, we did it again. Recently, we pissed off some people on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Was it me to pay?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't. After pay. We were talking about equal pay because it's Equal Pay Day a couple of weeks ago, and the conversation is still going on in our dams. So the day that we posted it, so this would have been two weeks weeks ago. Yeah, but the day that we posted it it was the sixtieth day after the end of the financial yarch. It is on that day because it's representative of the sixty extra days that women must work on average in Australia to earn the same annual salary the'se earned by men, So women are under earning. Essentially, women I have to work sixty more days, one four hundred and forty more hours or eighty six thousand, four hundred more minutes to earn the same amount as a man. And the bad news is that the pay gap this year went up. Last year went down. We were like, yes, pro pross, we love progress, not this year. So it actually went up zero point three percentage points over the last six months, which is really sad and kind.
Speaker 2: Of shitty to hear.
Speaker 3: And people are up in our dms telling me that the gender pay GAP's not real and that's really tough. But also I thought, good chance for us to kind of run over what can people do right because we've spoken about this before, We've spoken about the wage gap before, the pay gap before. I'm not even here to have the argument today about whether or not it's real because we've done it and it is, and if you don't like it, go to double away.
Speaker 4: It's actually very funny because over the last few weeks, I've been getting sent screen shots from people that follow me saying, Hey, here's a screenshot of someone replying to my story because shared your post that you put on cheese on the money. And they're like, oh, this doesn't exist, and they're just like block and delete, block and delete. And my one girl replied to me and was like, Hey, this is the guy that I've been going on dates with.
Speaker 2: More dates for you And I was like, yes, queen.
Speaker 3: That is if he doesn't believe in the gender pay gap red flag.
Speaker 4: Just ask if you're on a dating app, just go what do you think of the gender pay gap? That will tell you whether you should go on a date with them or not. Don't waste your time asking it on.
Speaker 2: A first date. Get it done up front. Genius one thousand percent.
Speaker 3: But the WGEO website, if you're a nonbeliever or if you know a non believer, send them there because it is a government website worth acknowledging. How that these stats also don't take into account or don't currently recognize, the even larger gap for women of color because we know that there is an even bigger disparity there, but we don't have the hard darted back it up, and it's something we would love to see more research into for our first nations women as well. Again, that gap is very broad. However, today VD I thought we could talk about tangible action we can take because I am so sick of seeing the p people saying it's not a thing, So I want to talk about what can we do to make a difference. Jess is sick of it, so we are dealing with it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: There's a lot we can do about it, to be honest, But it's also about awareness and that's what days like Equal Payday bring to light, right, It's about bringing to light the fact that it exists. And it shouldn't just be our burden as women to carry because we earn less. It should be everybody's burden to carry, because at the end of the day, if it's happening in our society, it's a societal problem, not just a women's problem. So I think that education is key. I mean, I probably wouldn't get in DM arguments with people who don't believe in the gender pay gap because they don't deserve your explanation because it is very easy to google. I'm actually really sick of hearing it doesn't exist. Oh my gosh, you haven't included this stat or oh this chart you've posted doesn't include the fact that women take on less hours. It's actually not about that. It's the fact that women are still behind men. And what we want is not actually for women to be above and beyond men. I'm just asking for the exact same opportunities and to be paid this as a man would in exactly the same role if I have the same credentials and experience.
Speaker 3: Oh but it's a legal to do that, So, Jessica, people are still doing meth, aren't they.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't matter that it is illegal. It is still happening, and I think that we need to talk about it. We know the cause is let's not talk about it is now time for action. How do we work towards closing that gap? One education, talking about it too, being really open and honest about what we earn. Something that I've seen over the last few weeks is people talking about, oh, well, I shouldn't have to share my pay. Okay, mediocre middle aged white man who doesn't think that anyone should know what you earn because it's personal information. But do you know that could change the life of the woman that sits down the hallway from you. Do you know that that could put someone in a better position so that they're not homeless in retirement? Like I just think I know it exactly exactly, and I have so much respect for that. And if you genuinely think that your personal value is so tied to your income that hiding it is more important than putting other people in a better position, You've got rocks in your head in there is a far big issue at play. We're at the point where we know what's contributing to it and we need to actually action it. And you did a really great post the other day just on the She's on the Money page, and you talked about things like conducting a pay gap audit, developing an action plan, and establishing accountabilities, which sounds really formal if I'm honest, but talking about it. If you work in HR, bring this up as a conversation for your organization to be able to be champions in this space as opposed to just you know, people that follow the flow. If you want to talk to your friends if you want to talk to your colleagues about it. I think it is really important. Another thing I do, which wasn't on the list, check your contract. Do you have pay secrecy? Why does your company have pay secrecy? Something that I am strongly campaigning for is that that is removed from employment contracts because what are you hiding?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 4: Why shouldn't your employees talk about their salary?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Because it impacts you and you might have to pay them all equally.
Speaker 2: That would be such a shame.
Speaker 4: The other thing that you said in here, Jess was set targets to promote gender equality at all levels of the organization, which.
Speaker 2: I think just should be. It's twenty twenty two, guys, why is this not happening.
Speaker 5: One hundred percent? Some more ideas, guys, include changing what leadership roles actually look like, so making them part time, making them more flexible so that women who might also be the primary carer in the home can actually work in those higher paid roles.
Speaker 4: But Georgia, that's why women don't get paid as much, because they have more caring responsibilities.
Speaker 5: I hate that so much. Unpaid we get out all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're actually doing double time. So like I go to work, I do my full time job. I don't personally, I'm not a mum yet. But a lot of women in our community go to work, they do their full time job, then they go home and do a full time job. Literally they do do more caring roles. But that doesn't mean they can't be the CEO exactly.
Speaker 5: I do not understand how people don't understand, just don't get.
Speaker 4: I'm just so convinced, babe, I'm speaking English.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are they not getting? And another idea would of course be introducing a better gender neutral paid parental leave policy so that we can all take part in the parenting at home situation instead of it.
Speaker 4: I think that's I think that that's a really important one as well, and I'm glad that you put it on the list, yes, because I think that we don't understand that neutral paid parental leave policies don't necessarily mean oh my gosh, you're giving the man the opportunity. It's actually because if I'm in a relationship, let's saying twelve months, guys, I turn around to you and say, look, I'm pregnant, and Steve and I have looked at his parental leave policy in mine, and Matt leaves just better. So we're going to put me out of the workforce because the policy is just better.
Speaker 2: That's how it works.
Speaker 4: That's a decision that a lot of people in our community make, and I genuinely believe it shouldn't come down to who has the better Matt leave policy. It should just be if you're the dad or you're the mum, you're the primary care give but you can take that leave. I just it doesn't make any sense to me that, oh, sorry, that you're the dad, you can't actually take the leave that we would give to the women in this organization.
Speaker 3: And we are making strides with that with parental sever rules now. But I think ultimately the big goal is rally together for change, because ultimately, you know, it benefits everyone to be putting women in these positions of power. And I know people are resistance change and whatever, but firstly, stop coming to our DM. I'm telling me the pay GAP's not real because I will fight you, but no I won't because I'm soft.
Speaker 2: Nott make Victoria fight you for me.
Speaker 3: But also have those conversations, support them and talk to your partners, talk to them men in your life, your brothers, your dads, your cousins, because we need them to be standing up as well. It can't just be women. We need everybody getting on the same page and saying, yeah, like, let's make some change. Let's get that percentage below ten percent at least twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: And understand it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but also just genuinely understand what it means as well, because we've had a few people who have messaged us and they're like, yeah, but I want to work Cless. Good, But your friends who don't want to work Cless should get the same opportunity. Like, I don't mind what your personal values are. What I want is for you to have freedom of choice and that choice not be compromised or that choice not be equal to that of somebody else who just has a different gender.
Speaker 3: All Right, we gotta put a pin in it because I'm getting around.
Speaker 2: Even recently.
Speaker 4: This was weeks ago and we're still writing in the office about it.
Speaker 2: I reckon, it's time to listen to our money dilemma.
Speaker 3: Hi, there, have you got.
Speaker 5: A money dilemma you just can't solve that. She's on the Money Team is here to help. Every week we tackle your dilemmas both big and small to answer your most burning money, career and life questions. To get involved, simply head to our website and leave us a quick voice recording and you may just find yourself on the show. Now, let's take a listen to today's money dilemma.
Speaker 6: In your book, it talks about setting up different bank accounts for different things such as expenses, emergency, blowcard, et cetera. Do I still do that if I have an offset account? Or should I be putting everything into the offset account?
Speaker 3: Victoria Vine, I know I never remember you mentioning a blow account.
Speaker 2: No, but I heard that.
Speaker 4: There was this guy who didn't wear shoes who did recommend a blow account.
Speaker 2: But you do you.
Speaker 4: We don't have a mojo either, but what we do have is a she's on the money, budget and cash flow plan. I can talk about that. Would you want me to talk about that? Absolutely fantastic, so, really good question. Yes, it is exactly the same whether you have an offset account or not. In fact, with that system, if you have an offset account, it arguably turbocharges every single dollar in your account. So with the budget and cash flow plan that you're asking about, and to be honest, I came up with her. I think it's pretty genius. Bias, Jess, you use it, you think it's good. You have obviously added your own flare to it, which I love. But it's a very good from my perspective base of how a cash flow system works to make sure that every single dollar that comes into your account is utilized properly, and that every single dollar that comes into your account.
Speaker 2: Works as hard as you do for it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So the first thing, I'm just going to explain the whole thing, because I'm sure that there are people who are listening who are like I have. I've never seen your plan. I don't know what it is. So essentially, you have what's called a cash hub, and I've called it a cash hub because it's basically the one stop shop where all of your money goes. Whether you are a freelancer or you are you know, a full time employee, or maybe you're both. All your personal income goes into this. If you're a business owner, though, different cashlow system, you need to work that out. We never mix our personal and our business banking. So your cash hub exists for all income to be banked into on a weekly, fortnightly monthly basis doesn't matter. It automatically calculates that for you. If it is just a regular savings account, fantastic. If it is an offset account, every dollar that goes into that account is actually offsetting the money that you owe on your mortgage, which.
Speaker 2: Is the money win.
Speaker 4: Right. So if you're in a position where you don't have an offset and you're like, oh, Victoria, that sounds pretty sexy, talk to your mortgage broker. And when I say your mortgage broker, I'm talking about Kate brands Growth, who is the Zela mortgage broker, because he's obviously supreme. But every dollar goes into your cash hub. That cash hub exists, and then all bills and fixed costs are paid from that cash hub via direct debit or be paid directly from your cash hub. So you've organized it. You know your budget, you know how many dollars come in each month, week, fortnite, whatever it is, and all your bills are directly taken out of that cash hub.
Speaker 2: You know that figure.
Speaker 4: So you might have twenty nine hundred dollars a fortnite coming into that account, and you might know as well that six hundred dollars per month are bills, and that might be for your rent, it might be for your phone, your internet, your insurance, your utilities, your red Joe. This is that cash hub that exists to capture every single dollar, and it kind of acts like a basket so that nothing filters away, because honestly, money is kind of like sand, and if you don't have a good plan for it, it literally just blows away. Then you're going to have your weekly spending amount. And your weekly spending amount is an amount of money that exists for you to have, and I always call it the food, fuel, and Fun account because that's what pays to your groceries you're entertained, and your transport, so Jess in your example, it might be for your groceries, for whatever you pay for Frisbee, for your shoes, for your clothes, for whatever you're buying at Sephora. You know, because you've done a good budget, how much on average that costs per week, and you transfer each and every single week that amount of money to that account. That now means that you're not dipping into your cash hub and accidentally spending the money that you're meant to have reserved for your car, redge oh or your health insurance or whatever you need to pay. You know that maybe each and every single week you have two hundred and eighty dollars to spend on food, fuel, and fun. And once that money is gone each and every single week, it's gone.
Speaker 2: Babe.
Speaker 4: If you have spent that money and now you need to go and eat two minute noodles for dinner, that's on you. Because this system means that you're not compromising your saving, investing, or bigger bills and goals. Right, So then your weekly spending amount, because it's an average, you're not going to spend each and every single week that same amount. Some weeks, you might have a really lean week and you might be like, oh, my gosh, I worked fifty million hours because Victoria is the devil boss, and I didn't have any time to go to Sephora. I couldn't buy anything for me. So I had two hundred and eighty dollars in the account at the start of the month. Now there's one hundred and ninety left. That's a stretch that that's not how much is ever left in mind, but you know it's a good example. I'm then going to transfer that money on the same day that my weekly spending amount is automatically direct debited into that account. I'm going to transfer the surplus over to my feels like an emergency, but it's not an emergency account, which is another bank account. So for those following along at home, we're now at three bank accounts. That is your emergency fund for fun. It's not your real emergency fund. It's the fund where you're like, hmm, I blew all my money in my weekly spending account, but the girls want to go out for drinks. Well, I do have that one hundred and ninety sitting to the side in my feels like an emergency, but it's not a lergency account, and I can spend that because it's actually left over from the last time I didn't do it, and I've kind of like done it myself. We're not actually compromising our saving or investing goals. We're not compromising Red Joe just she knows that that money's sitting there and she can spend it if she wants to. I get a little protective of that money because that's where my shoes come from. So like, I look at it and go if I have money left over in my weekly spending money, and I transfer it to my not emergency account. I kind of see it and I'm like, oh, if I get to X amount, I can buy shoes or I can buy something that I want and it doesn't impact any other goal.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a win.
Speaker 4: Or it could be you going and getting your hair done or doing something for you that you want to spend money on without any level of guilt. So that is how the base of the cash hub works. And then you will have other accounts. Usually people will have an additional three accounts, so that takes you to a total of six accounts. They will have three savings accounts. If you have an offset account and the ability to have multiple offsets, most people doing this system will choose to have as many accounts as they possibly can as an offset because that money will always then offset the interest that you're paying on your mortgage. But they will have three additional accounts. One will be long term savings. So for Jess, and she's a good example because we know she's saving for a house, that could be a house deposit, and each fortnite when she gets transferred that amount of money, she might go, Okay, cool, I'm transferring two hundred dollars to my house savings. It's automated. Then there's medium term goals and that could be just as saving for a new car or a holiday, or some spending money for a holiday or something that she's working towards. And then that sixth account is your emergency fund, and that emergency fund sits there if it's in an offset money in, it's offsetting the mortgage, it's offsetting the interest that is payable on your mortgage. But that money's job is actually just to sit there. It's not to be invested, it's not to worry about. It's there as your safety net. Most people have six accounts in the budget and cash flow system and that works for them, but you can obviously add your own. But that basic structure to answer the question does work with an offset and actually puts you in a turbocharged position because every single dollar that's in any of your system is actually working towards the mortgage money win. The floor is now open for questions.
Speaker 3: And if you do want to learn more about that. If you're struggling with your budget and cash flow VD, you did cover off this obviously in the sheets of the money book, but if you're the whole systems in the book like it is in the book, But if you're really struggling with your budget and cash flow, or if you're someone who needs a little more help with their automation like I did, check out the Budget and cash Flow Masterclass. It specifically and very thoroughly covers from beginning to end of setting up your budget and cash flow system. It includes the handy dandy budget template, best one I've ever seen, best one I've ever used. I mean your bias, but I am, but I use it and it does all that for you. So we're obviously saying, right now, put this in this fund and this in that fund. The template does it automatically. You plug all your information in it.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how long that took me, Jess, I have cried so many times over that spreadsheet. But essentially your job, if you're using that template is to just plug all the numbers in me. How much you earn, tell me how much you spend it on what, and the rest of it will tell you where to put it, what account to put it in.
Speaker 2: How it works, what it looks like.
Speaker 4: You tell me what your savings goal is, and it even breaks that down for you to tell you how much you need to contribute per week to work it out.
Speaker 5: That just makes it so easy for people who are scared of budgets and the organization like me.
Speaker 4: Babe, all of it for you good. I've literally created a tool that will do it for you.
Speaker 3: Because it's Friday and I'm feeling generous. Is looking angry at me?
Speaker 2: Where are you getting this from?
Speaker 3: If anyone wants to grab the budget and hashla mask class, I'll put a little discount code on there for you guys.
Speaker 2: Use the code pod fifty.
Speaker 3: You'll get fifty bucks off and it can put that in your feels like an emergency but not an emergency account and get some drinks on me galse I love it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, anyway that feels like an emergency but not an emergency account was the best thing I ever did for myself because I feel like sometimes I'm being naughty, but I know I'm not being naughty, and it can actually work really well for people that struggle with spending money on themselves because it's literally to the side. It was kind of like leftover money in a way that was alex hated towards something that you know isn't going to impact your bigger financial goals. That's all we have time for today though, So missus Georgia King, could you please wrap the boring but important stuff?
Speaker 5: Absolutely I can already. Guys, please remember that the advice shed on She's on the Money is generally in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances. She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or a financial decision. And we promise Victoria divine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives in Focused Securities. Australia Proprietary Limited ABN four seven zero nine seven seven nine seven zero four nine AFSL two three six five two three.
Speaker 4: Happy Friday, my friends.
Speaker 2: We will love you on Monday. Bye bye