Speaker 1: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 2: Hello and Welcome to the She's on the Money podcast for millennials who want financial freedom.
Speaker 3: I think we are taking the actual mickey here, Trap.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to remember what you told me to say, Mate, that's all you know what?
Speaker 4: Write it down, Trap. I want to hear Trav sing that intro. Actually, I think that'd be a nice jingle like I can do On the Money musical.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome, She is on the Money podcast for millennials who want financial Oh, it started so strong.
Speaker 3: This is the podcast which is basically the behind the scenes of our radio show. Because our community is our favorite thing, right or it's my favorite things, and about you, I'm going to sell you on them. They are good eggs. They're good people doing good things. And I obviously love the radio show, but I love my podcast community more so. And I love the deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The fact of like the podcast and the community that comes along it makes them feel like they're all crammed into this studio with us and they can hear the stuff that we say in the songs and the things that Richie rich tells us not to say, and they go, yeah, you should totally say that we should.
Speaker 4: But they can also get involved. They can call through to the show and leave us messages, like if they want to send us voice messages on Instagram, they can get on air with us.
Speaker 3: I replied to all my dms too, So if you've ever got a hot tip to you, I'm gonna share on the radio show. That is the easiest way to get in touch with.
Speaker 4: Me is the DM.
Speaker 3: Dms be kind though, no weird pictures.
Speaker 2: It might take her three weeks to reply to it, and she might leave me with that red true for me, it's not true to me.
Speaker 4: It's the best night to DM Victoria. Tuesday nights, eight PM's the best.
Speaker 2: You'll get that later, yeah, eight thirty pm because she's too busy doing something else. APM.
Speaker 4: That'll be so funny in about twenty minutes when you.
Speaker 2: Hear you're focused on another task, which they will hear it about twenty minutes time.
Speaker 4: But what's on the show? Tell us what's on the show, because it was very good.
Speaker 2: It was. We're going to delve into your guilty pleasures and how much you spend on them, because Mitch, I believe you spend seventeen thousand dollars in yours.
Speaker 3: That is disgusting.
Speaker 4: Don't tell them what it is. Don't tell them what it is. But it's greasy, it's hot, and it turns up to my door and I get really excited.
Speaker 3: That sounds wildly inappropriate that I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: I'm going to leave it, leave it up to the imagination of the She's on the Monday nights.
Speaker 2: That's what we call a teas or a hook in the radio. And so we're also going to give you some little money matters tips as well. I'm going to tell you how you can keep little bit more bucks in your bank account and super save a Saturday. It's our favorite thing of the week where we're not going to talk about it.
Speaker 3: It's really good, mainly because it was my idea. No I was, and I think it was Richie Richard's idea.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, you know, we're not going to talk about all those things that people like Mitch and I have no idea about because we're not smart enough to understand that's your podcast for you. Okay, Well we're going to dumb it down for people like myself.
Speaker 3: And it probably wasn't entirely truthful. Today on the radio show about my guilty pleasures.
Speaker 4: Either.
Speaker 3: I think that everybody in my community knows I'm a bit better at spending and it's not just coffee that is my guilty pleasure, you know, a bit of a spoiler. But at the same time, I think that was a good radio hook, right, yeah, I hear about it.
Speaker 4: It worked, It worked.
Speaker 2: I just don't know why you lie to people. That's my only.
Speaker 3: Problem, because I didn't want, you know, millions of people judging me on the fact that I really like nice shoes and handbags. Like I just felt like it was a bit too soon to get to know me that deep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but the community know you very well. But that's okay, all right, Let's get into the radio show right now. This is the She's on the Money radio show every morning nine am across the country.
Speaker 3: Not every morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah good.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine if it was we.
Speaker 2: Would have made it, Tonys, I'd have to get up too early every single day, and I'm not into that.
Speaker 3: I would for breakfast radio show.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 5: With Victoria Divine.
Speaker 4: Guilty pleasure. Guilty pleasure?
Speaker 5: Who made that?
Speaker 2: I love the good pun on Queen's under pressure, Richie rich our producer. Very well done, then.
Speaker 3: Did you make that, Richie rich That is a good gear.
Speaker 2: Anyway. We do all have guilty pleasures. You know, we can't live with our guys. Just because we want financial freedom doesn't mean that you need to go without everything. You can splurge here and there right mitches everywhere.
Speaker 4: Okay, now that makes me sound like a monster. I do splurge everywhere. I don't save anything, Victoria. I don't think I've ever told you this, ques You're really bad. I try to save like one thousand a month. If that I see something, I get it. I want I've had lunch, I see some more food than I go. You know what I want that? Eat it later? I do want it. I got it?
Speaker 2: Okay. Apart from the Theoremon's what's your guilty pleasure? Would you say, mate?
Speaker 4: Not really fair? I mean that's not really that expensive.
Speaker 3: I have not that expense, he says, just about a blast eight hundred bucks he spent on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Market's like, fine, don't worry.
Speaker 4: Wait to hear his feet. In the last twelve months alone, I've spent over seventeen thousand dollars on it.
Speaker 2: What on Uber?
Speaker 5: Eight.
Speaker 2: Are you joking?
Speaker 3: What are you ordering?
Speaker 4: That's for my partner and I. But that's the thing, like I will get two meals if there's a meal deal, I will get the second meal and double the price just so I have food for the next day. So technically I'm saving money.
Speaker 3: No meat. You're spending more on food from Uber Eats than most people do on rent. Sit down, sir.
Speaker 2: You know when Victoria whips out a calculator that is out of control, how much is that.
Speaker 3: Fourteen hundred and sixteen dollars per month? And you're like, oh, it's for my partner, so that's like seven hundred bucks each.
Speaker 4: It was lockdown. It was lockdown.
Speaker 3: No, that is no excuse. I thought everyone just ate easy Mac during lockdown? Is that not what the reality.
Speaker 4: Of I had Easy Mac too, but I got it Uber eachsed in it is all grocery shopping is like that instant milk grun, all the delivery serve. Yeah. I don't even need a car at this point, and that is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: All right, Victoria, what's your guilty pleasure?
Speaker 3: Look, I have a few. I do love my shoes and handbags and travel and all of the things that I think everybody loves but from my perspective, it's really about balance, and it's really about working out what your guilty pleasure is and kind of also leaning into it so you cannot feel guilty about a guilty pleasure, but rather go do you know what? That's part of my lifestyle. I love it, And for me that's coffee, like one or two a day. I know that that sounds small because I think every other financial advice is like, do you know you can save fourteen hundred dollars a year if you don't have your morning coffee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they always shave the coffee off, don't they.
Speaker 3: I don't understand it, because to me, that's my favorite thing in the morning, like going for a walk with my partner grabbing a coffee, which I'm now no longer able to do on Saturday mornings, which is kind of rude because I haven't hang out with Michi. It's never bought me a coffee.
Speaker 2: Well, you're making money now though, that's the difference.
Speaker 3: This is very important. Now I can afford more coffee.
Speaker 2: I mean it's kind of a catch twenty two. Really, you can afford them, but you're not buying them, So.
Speaker 3: No, going to make Niche pay for them. The money went all around.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't afford it because you know how much I'm spending on Uber Eats. That's the problem.
Speaker 5: This is she's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 2: Just before the break, you were telling us that your guilty pleasure of Victoria Devine is coffee.
Speaker 3: Before the coffee, I have baraka.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Mitch, you are an Uber Eats bandits seventeen thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: All I can't.
Speaker 4: I feel like in the year of Lockdown, I couldn't go out and cook food.
Speaker 2: That's why, sure, mate, But that's okay. We're going to make you feel a bit better because we're taking your carks on thirty one oh sixty five. What's your guilty pleasure and how much have you spent on it? Right now? We've got Tommy, Tommy, what's yours?
Speaker 5: Buddy?
Speaker 6: Okay, mate, So my guilty pleasure is I only like putting premium um leaded petrol in my car because it just makes the motor per Mate. I can't do It's only fifteen cents twenty cents.
Speaker 3: More, but I just got to do it fifteen or twenty cents in these hard economic times.
Speaker 6: Tommy, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's not even doing it for performance, per for a per he's a cat man.
Speaker 2: Are you the kind of guy that rocks up does bog laps Tommy? And you're like, hey, girls, listen to this baby chap flaps? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then I like that joke, didn't he? So he's just traps audience.
Speaker 3: I've got questions. I've got real questions.
Speaker 2: Go for a Victoria.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the difference.
Speaker 5: What is the different?
Speaker 6: Neither do I? I only get things that are premiut.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Tommy, here I reckon. He's in the Toyota Yaris.
Speaker 2: He actually has a prius, so he doesn't even use felt. Mandy on thirty one six five, what's your guilty pleasure? And how much have you spent on it?
Speaker 6: About seven eight hundred dollars a month on boatox.
Speaker 3: A month on boat box. Okay, as somebody who's happy to with me on national radio that they also get botox? Girl, how are you spending that much per month?
Speaker 4: It's a lot of botoxs.
Speaker 3: Where are you putting it?
Speaker 2: Hang on a second, let's keep it family friendly?
Speaker 3: No like is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: That typing your jaws.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so you're forehead frown crow's feet.
Speaker 1: I obviously get a lot of fillers.
Speaker 3: Is the seven hundred dollars? Does that include the fillers?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So basically I spread it out so I don't get it all at once, and it averages out to about seven hundred a month.
Speaker 2: Does your partner know about this?
Speaker 3: Man? Tras?
Speaker 2: I would have thought that you were so angry, but I can't see an expression on your face. Got you gotta good?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks Mandy. Jake, what is your guilty pleasure on thirty one O six five? And how much a month are you spending on the money? Guys?
Speaker 6: I'll be honest. I am a sneak ahead and specifically in the easy season apparel, so that's Kanye West brand.
Speaker 2: Those are you playing at home? Just in case you don't know, I'm a easyhead too.
Speaker 4: I'm an easy fan too. I got all the easy So this is Jake's a man to my own heart.
Speaker 6: I love this Jake perfect bro. So you know how much they cost cost? On average? Around like six hundred bucks a.
Speaker 4: Pair, right, yeah, six to eight hundred depending on the season. And if Kanye and Kim wear them. It's skyrockets to like over a thousand, but for like the cheapest pair would be five hundred bucks.
Speaker 6: I reckon I've spent I'm not joking, probably around ten k.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: You might say, yeesus.
Speaker 3: Jesus, I like that. I'm I'm sure. I spent sixty six dollars on the added ass website this week on their click frenzy sale get a new pair of sneakers. I thought that was pretty expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm also shook because for some reason of fifteen year older will replace a Victoria divine in the radio studio here.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with me?
Speaker 2: But the word shook? I thought it was so please no, thank you so much, Jake. Well, I hope that makes you guys feel a little bit better about obviously your coffee addiction and your uber eats addiction. Mitch, it's always good to throw it out there to the listeners on thirty one oh six five.
Speaker 4: It makes me feel a bit better. But Victoria, your is yours is this week? Yours is just a coffee And then here are we spend a ten k plass you know.
Speaker 3: See, I call that my guilty pleasure, and I like calling it out as a financial advisor because I think too many people are always like, oh my gosh, like, yeah, I've really got to cut back, and the first thing they do is cut that coffee, and you're like, no, that's not going to save you nearly enough to create the lifestyle you want. We need to actually do a bit more than that. So normalized coffee.
Speaker 2: Trad all right, we have normalized spending with guilty pleasures. We're going to save you money next with money matters. If you're struggling with some cash flow, you got yourself in a bit of situation, you need some advice. Hit us up at She's on the Money socials this week, eleven year old Ben. He wants some advice on getting into the stock market. That's coming up next on the She's on the Money radio show.
Speaker 1: She's on the Money Radio Show.
Speaker 5: With Victoria Divine.
Speaker 2: Each week we're going to bring somebody's financial story on it. We want to get your advice, Victoria on what they should do, because you're.
Speaker 4: The expert here.
Speaker 2: I have tricked you a well, hopefully you're not going to trick eleven year old Ben who sent us this message.
Speaker 3: I'm eleven and I've been saving up and I want to know how to buy five hundred dollars worth of shares? How do I do it?
Speaker 4: And what type should I buy?
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, that's so wholesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's at eleven. I wasn't even allowed to use a toaster, let alone call into a radio show.
Speaker 2: I didn't even have five dollars, let alone five hundred eleven.
Speaker 3: I got my kettle license, and I thought that was really big kettle. My parents are going to be listening to this laughing. It was so that you could safely use the kettle because Mum and dad wanted tea and coffee in bed.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's genius. That's a money save a tip. That's very smart.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Victoria, what should Ben do? Who wants to invest five hundred bucks in the stock market?
Speaker 3: Look first, thing first? That is impressive. I don't know where he got five hundred bucks. Do we have to talk about child slave labor? Let's maybe not. Let's just assume then he seemed happy. Let's assume he's been holding all his Birthday and Christmas money and gifts from family and friends, all right, So then there are lots and lots of options and I think the first thing is to think about what you actually want to achieve, and is it buying something in the future. Is it when you get to eighteen buying a car. Is it actually when you're thirty five or maybe even sixty at this rate and buying your first home? Is it retirement?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What are we doing? Am I talking to an eleven year old about retirement? This is so sex I.
Speaker 2: Wish Ben was on the line to tell you all about his retirement needs and want.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he's got a long long list retirement guys.
Speaker 3: He's probably more prepared than both of you combined. But that is so true. So there's heaps of ways he could invest. A very popular way for young people to invest if you're under eighteen is to either buy an investment bond because there's lots of tax implications we need to take into consideration, or an ETF, which is an exchange traded fund, which is a bucket of shares so you don't have to pick them directly and worry too much. But Ben, I would be having a chat with your parents because kids actually have a really high marginal tax rate. It might not be the best thing to do because you might end up getting a little bit shot in the foot.
Speaker 4: Wait, he could use his parents to invest the money so he doesn't get tax.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are lots of platforms that allow you to sign up and then actually have a children's account where they can manage it and have a look at it and run it. But it actually sits under the parents tax will income.
Speaker 4: He says he wants to get into the stock market. He is ad a good idea at eleven.
Speaker 3: Look, I love the idea. I hope that when I have an eleven year old they are as keen on getting into the stock market because when I was eleven again, kettle license was my priority. But the power here, let's just seep out the money. Smart compound interest calculator because that's my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: In the end, I love what you have that ready to go at all times.
Speaker 3: I do. I'm ready. But his initial deposit of five hundred bucks, if he didn't add a dollar to it, didn't even think about it. Yeah, by the time he retires, that's twenty one thousand dollars. Wow, by not touching it, So five hundred bucks twenty one.
Speaker 2: Grand just putting five hundred bucks into an account and leaving it.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's crazy exactly. But then imagine so if he added fifty bucks a month to it. So maybe mum and dad added fifty bucks a month and birthday money very money. Yeah, maybe he has a rich uncle or something. Maybe if he added fifty bucks a month to his five hundred, he'd have three hundred and forty nine thousand. What you're my small house with that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, three hundred and fifty k is out of control.
Speaker 3: I think it is wild. I won't go on and on about it because I have a whole show for the rest of the year to go in and on about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good tips for Benny.
Speaker 3: Great idea.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you've got a question you want Victoria to answer, hit us up on our socials right now, just search She's on the Money and coming up next, we're going to do Super Savior Saturday. Guys, Victoria, you're going to give us some sneaky tips on how to keep more bucks in your bank account.
Speaker 5: This is she's on the Money radio show Simper Savis Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Super Savers Saturday. Is that's when Victoria, you give us a little money saving tips that aren't full of like actual jargon, compound savings and you know sees end of day, all those business.
Speaker 3: Toos'll say it's my favorite part of the week. But it's not because you guys told me I can't talk about anything I actually want to talk about. It has to be like fluffier money tips that you think people will all like. So I've tried really hard this week and I spent twenty one hundred bucks on return flights to London, and I think that's a money win you.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is how much they normally you can get flights to lighter that night.
Speaker 3: Four grand, right, so expensive. I've been looking and the average seems to be for the good time. Obviously, you could fly at like a really terrible time and have like a twenty four hour layover in like dollar or something where you don't yeah, no, thank you. I feel like they're about thirty two hundred at the moment, So I feel like I saved a thousand bucks. That's pretty good money.
Speaker 2: That's like it had to do it.
Speaker 4: What did you do? Is you spreadsheet things?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Now I've got to out myself and tell you that I made a spreadsheet and I downloaded an algorithm that I stole from someone else. To put flight costs from other places to work out what time of the week was the best time to buy flights, and Richie reached our producer not his real name. He told me that Tuesday nights are the best time to buy flights. But I trust nobody, so I had to do all of this to work out the Tuesday nights were actually the best time to buy flights at about eight pm.
Speaker 2: Wow, he was right.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say that. I'm sure he heard that from someone else.
Speaker 4: Wait, do you think that's because people are, like, you know, normal people wait till the weekend or Friday night or their last minute, so they do it at the end of the week or like the night before they're flying.
Speaker 3: Why yeah, I think so. Like usually it's Friday or Saturday night. Like heye, trap, you can book a holiday together. Why don't you come over for a wine and we'll get all locked in on a Friday or a Saturday. I reckon, that's peak time.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask how your partner, Steve would feel about.
Speaker 3: That, but he would love you. You can come over for dinner whenever you want.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, guys.
Speaker 4: I'll be dropping to just like provide the food or.
Speaker 2: You're not invited made, don't worry about it. Oh yeah, Victoria. During the song, you were telling us about cookies as well or something, and.
Speaker 4: I got very excited because when I hear cookies, my ears perk up.
Speaker 3: But it was I did bring cookies for everyone this morning, Yeah, Carra Milk cookies. Yeah, one hundred percent local bakery made them.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, gorgeous, but a good globe.
Speaker 3: But cookies are really important when it comes to flights because cookies are the thing that tracks you around the internet, and flight companies they truck you around the Internet. So if you've Google called flights, they know you've done it. So when you go to book, they'll just add a couple of hundred bucks to the sale price and you'll be like criminal, Yeah, but you'll be like, oh my gosh, I'll just pay it like we've just got to look it in before it goes up anymore. So my other hot tip is to use a device that you haven't ever looked up flights on before. And so on Tuesday when I booked, I went and got my partner's laptop and booked on that, which meant that we got super cheap flights and it was two weeks before. So if that's not a money win, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Is money win. Baby, that's a super saf a Saturday money win.
Speaker 2: All Right, the show's not getting any better than that guy, so let's get out while they say we're on a height see next week. Do you guys, who's Denny?
Speaker 4: If she's on The Money Radio Show with Victoria Devine.
Speaker 5: Hear it on the catch Up podcast on iHeartRadio.