Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey Pats, you've been a trooper this week, but it sounds like you're coming down to land with one engine. You don't. I don't know what it is, the poor thing. You haven't sounded very well this week, and I've been terrible on there on the show.
Speaker 3: And nothing new there.
Speaker 2: I'm joking, but you don't sound very well today.
Speaker 4: Had you been carrying around whole lemons with Yah in an attempt to get well.
Speaker 2: And rewarding off vampire. She's got garlic around her neck and everything.
Speaker 3: Demons be gone.
Speaker 2: You're not feeling very well.
Speaker 5: No, I'm all right.
Speaker 3: I actually feel better.
Speaker 6: I think I sound worse today, but I actually do feel better. I had a great sleep last night, which was good.
Speaker 2: I know. I saw an other little group WhatsApp chat. You said good night to a sort It was like quarter to eight. I was just sitting down for these this.
Speaker 3: Is my normal time, thought.
Speaker 2: At that time, and will you go lights out? You could actually go to sleep then.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'll put a meditation off on and it's yeah, mummy's off for the night.
Speaker 2: Would that I couldn't go to sleep? That I just couldn't.
Speaker 5: So does your husband wake you up as he comes to bed?
Speaker 3: Pats sometimes, but no, not usually. I'm out to it.
Speaker 2: Oh cold, yep, wow, it's like a baby going to sleep. Then should go down? You down? All right? Then on today's show Then, like Pats said, we've got your last chance tickets this Friday at seven point thirty your VIP tickets for the Royal Melbourne Show. Obviously Big Game tonight, Bigger Game tomorrow with the D's, both big games, Bigger game tomorrow night with the D's, Tiny game tonight, Tigers and the Pies. I stopping messages before the show with my new bestie Eddie Maguire.
Speaker 4: I'm still friends of it because you never went to that follow up lunch, did you.
Speaker 2: We're having it two weeks time. Two is back on two weeks time, and hey, good news for you. Did you see the footy show last night?
Speaker 5: I heard about Sam Newman's ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I think he's still going on right now for your news show on the AFL Facebook page. It is looking very good. It looks like the Footy show is all over Footy on the Foods, On is the Future?
Speaker 4: Only two pilot episodes we've done, and you think we'll walk straight into the Kettel line slot next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, you don't, You don't need it, mate, on this morning show, you might. You probably won't be aware of this. It is World Gratitude Day. Today is World Gratitude Day. So in order to think about what you feel grateful for, I've had a quick thing other than the health of myself and my family. Let's all take that as a given that you're grateful for your partners and that they're healthy. And well, here's what I'm grateful for. Mission Extra cheese crisps.
Speaker 4: You love those?
Speaker 2: Nacho Chris serious is like a nosebag. I polished off an entire bag last night on the couch? Is the extra cheese one side? Like the extra cheese? Mission, Extra cheese chips? I love?
Speaker 5: You know where we're going tomorrow, the Winnoval.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by Mission the ball up. Yeah, I got very excited. Does that mean there's going to be chips everywhere? That can just help myself to this raid their cover?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be waiting to kick with the ground and you'll be going through the Bulldogs change room.
Speaker 2: Also great grateful for on Whil's Gratitude Dave Coles salted caramels, mini profiteroles and they're not tiny ones. They are like crack to me. Oh they are so so good?
Speaker 4: Is this going to be all stuff you went to the The last one is I will always be eternally grateful for Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: All right, So Jack and Pat's on the player. Song one of our firs first requests every single Friday is all request. Throughout today's show, we got some of the requests as well from some of the grands who can be kicking tomorrow. Because it is only one show to go. Now, let's find out what song is waiting for us to kick off the show this morning.
Speaker 7: At the time please record your message.
Speaker 8: Hi, it's Lebron from Hawthorne.
Speaker 9: I'm looking for to playing in the Grand Final tomorrow. My Friday request is Age of Reason by John Farnham.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 10: Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three all.
Speaker 2: Request every single Friday on the Request Show kicking off this morning, Lebron one of our Grannies Kicking Tomorrow one to watch It's all tomorrow from nine thirty tomorrow morning at the vu Wittnoval if you want to come down and cheer all the grannies on first kick ten a M. I can't wait. It's super excited about tomorrow. No idea, what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: I went out for a kick yesterday.
Speaker 2: How do you?
Speaker 5: I know I'm not competing, but just.
Speaker 2: To get the film for ends. What were you getting like a forty.
Speaker 4: Or maybe like thirty five forty? I just wanted to make sure we could get over that magic eighteen and a half meter market.
Speaker 2: Now you may have missed yesterday's show. Sports Bet came on last week and just a bit of fun for giggles. They said, look, we'll open up a book, a little signed thing under our novelty bets for the grants, and they opened up a couple of categories. And yesterday during the Breakfast Show, whilst we're on air, you started this and I'm not strong enough man not to get involved. And then within an hour, over one thousand dollars from person and on the show who shall not be named. I won't revealed names. Over one thousand dollars was bet on various options.
Speaker 4: That's a collection of everybody's money, not just one person going mad. Although Mark went pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes he does. But if he's prepared to spend three thousand dollars on a meet and greet with Britney exactly, he's going to have some side action on granny gambling grambling. It's a new thing we did, although we did nothing illegal because we don't know what's going going to happen to one and what they're going to kick. I still feel really really bad about it because my wife is away at the moment with the kids, and she was we would catch up with Stephen. She was like, what happened on the show today? I was about to tell how about the spot? Yeah? Some stuff their songs and adverts and that's all you need to know. So we now one of the categories that we all bet big on, the grands will definitely kick over eighteen point five.
Speaker 5: The winning kick will be over eighteen point five minutes. That's what we bet. That's where we plunged all the team money.
Speaker 2: So if you're coming along tomorrow once the final eight the top eight grand and start kicking and one sells it over eighteen and a half, there'd be the biggest cheer of the warning, I think, bigger than the winning Granny will be just knowing that their money is safe. Yeah, and unfortunately we've ruined it for the rest of you as well because they have slashed those odds. They have just slashed them. If you do want to see what some of the bets are, by the way you can find them, please gamble responsibly. Obviously this is just a bit of fun, but if you do want to find them, it's under novelty bets. So that with alien contact, which Tom who does all the videos on the show, is put one buck on that.
Speaker 5: Why and one aliens. We'll have contact with aliens this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, so well, gratitude date. So I'm asking this morning, what are you grateful for? Jack? What are you grateful for?
Speaker 4: I'll give you this one because you obviously love snacks, because most of your things you were grateful for were snacks.
Speaker 2: Snack's great. What are things to be grateful for?
Speaker 4: The anchor and I have been traveling to South Melbourne every Sunday and we don't even need to we live in the Northern suburbs.
Speaker 2: Snack pilgrimage. Pilgrimage.
Speaker 4: We had this scrambled egg milk bun at Ostro Bakery in South Melbourne.
Speaker 5: It is so good.
Speaker 2: So what are they putting in? Because a lot of blazers through that amazing chili scrambled eggs with they put parmesan chili and peppers in there.
Speaker 4: The thing to look at it, it looks so simple and it's not even a full meal. It will be the size of an opening of a cup mini milk bun with just scrambled eggs in it, no bacon, no chili, no anything else.
Speaker 5: But for some reason it's just so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But it's hard to get that right on demand because scrambled eggs you do an extra ten seconds, they get too dry and you don't want them to running. There's an optimum thing for scrambled eggs, aren't there. We've been three weeks in a row now and they haven't stuffed that every single Sunday you go consistent, can't you tell them because this seems amazing, right, I want to make a pilgrimage there. But you can tell that you guys do not have kids yet that you can do that is Sunday perhaps what's it for you?
Speaker 3: Barbecue shapes?
Speaker 9: For me?
Speaker 3: The biscuits. Have you had them yet?
Speaker 2: What are these?
Speaker 3: Your life is about to change for the better. So they're a snack.
Speaker 6: And they brought out a new line which didn't go down very well, did they Jack? They went very popular, but you've got to get the traditional ones.
Speaker 4: It was like, you know how many years before I experienced it, but Coke apparently changed their favorite and then got scared and then changed back. That's what nas have done with these barbecues shops.
Speaker 3: And it's the seasoning. If you could just buy the seasoning, you'd eat that in hands.
Speaker 2: Your hot tip for this weekend. They definitely I'm going to try that out. I'm home alone for the next two weeks so i can eat what I want. I'm going to dive into.
Speaker 6: Those that on a Friday night with the wine and nothing else is perfect.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, thank you very much, guys. Let's know what you're grateful for in World Gratitude Day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Or requests that'd be Friday on our shows to carry a mento that's her teenage dance sound thing. You must be of a similaration to me. I'm going to going to clubs. When that was out, it was huge, was everywhere for about a year. You never heard anything else. Somebody else are grateful for? Right? My kids? Yesterday they've gone away for the next two week, some home alone, right, And and they left me these cards and only found some of them hitting them around the house. So a couple of post it notes that they to up that I know, really nice. There were these lovely cards. Heavn my eleven year old had some live tips to help me through the next two weeks of missing them. What do you think about this idea? So when I was chating to saying goodbye, she said, all right, what's the worst time and when you miss us? When it's tea time, because normally it's the chaos and the fun and the laughter sitting down together and you know, catching up with each other or and they're funny kids. And said that, you know, because I'm gonna sat there alone it's just me, And she goes, all right, she put in this card. Why don't you get some life sized cardboard cutouts of us sit down with those? Can you imagine making a sad situation even sadder by going how was it? How was your day to day? Everyone pass to catch up. Imagine someone jove by and we're like, is he chatting the cardboard guys home alone?
Speaker 5: To make it look busy inside with the saddest.
Speaker 1: Thing ever The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I'm a movie. I'm a movie.
Speaker 5: I'm a movie.
Speaker 2: I'm a movie too. What movie am I? Yes? By the way, I've just seen a big list of all the people I need to thank later on on today's show who are helping us make tomorrow happen. The Grand Final, all of Melbourne's finest grannies turning up to take each other on see which one can kick it the furthest And I've noticed that for some reason you insisted that you get a brand new pair of footy boots. Just fancy a pair of boots and said that you suddenly right, I saw it there and they're Nike. They're not even like a cheap pair Nike.
Speaker 5: You've got the I didn't know we had to think.
Speaker 2: I thought that was thank it a company for giving us one hundred three oranges. That's what I'm reduced to thank your boot. Supply.
Speaker 5: I'll be doing the measuring of the kids tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be running back and forth and slipping over everywhere.
Speaker 2: Hello, I bet if you've got your own boots.
Speaker 5: I don't have my own boot.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't have new ones. All right, then, time for this week's I'm a movie. I'm a movie? What movie? Mine? This is where you stump the show. You take on me, Jack and Pats. You come on out. You give us a clue to a cryptic clue in one line, not a quote from the movie, A clue in one line to a movie. We got ten seconds to race each other and the clock to try and work out what your film is. If you don't, if we don't get it, we'll give you a price. One four three remember one one of those one hundred oranges or Jack's brand new boots nine four one four one four three, Yes, go in this morning. We got Big Dan on the line.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Christian and Jerk and part how are you pretty good?
Speaker 2: Happy Friday? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Wash your clue, mate, Okay, tick tick tick citrus clockwork orange, Oh wow, out of the blocks.
Speaker 2: Nice smart clue. As well to getus going there from Big Dan, Big Dan, thank you very much. Enjoy your weekend. So do you have a good d Thank you very much. Yeah, producers, we fancy putting in all those chorders that were recording in right now. You know it mightbe ten seconds we say call in hello, no nothing going on there. Then we got one I don't seem Darryl, good morning.
Speaker 10: Very good morning, Christian.
Speaker 12: Here are you?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Daryl?
Speaker 2: Hope you well, buddy? And what's your clue?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Danda Color?
Speaker 13: What month?
Speaker 3: What was the last bit?
Speaker 2: What was any of it? Daryl? What is it again? Mate?
Speaker 10: Darnda Color?
Speaker 9: What month?
Speaker 2: What? What months?
Speaker 4: There's something about red December? Isn't there Moving for the Red October? Mhmm, Hunt for the Red Australia Submarine, Daryl?
Speaker 2: Is it Hunt for the Red October?
Speaker 12: Ah?
Speaker 2: You got it on the money four times? Four times? It really was that. Harry Dwell has started the weekend a little bit early. So that's how it works. Give us a called nine four one four, one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: What movie am I? Yes? All right, let's play then this is how works. We do it every Friday. Your chance to stump the show with your movie knowledge. You give us a one line cryptic clue to a movie. We've got ten seconds racing the clock and each other on to try and guess the movie. Extra nice price today for a really great clue that we don't get. Peninsula Spas was sending to the Peninsula Hot Springs this weekend. World Wellness Weekend Awaits You Double Pass was part of their biggest ever expansion, starts tomorrow, September the twenty second. Jason, good morning, good morning, How are you very good? Jason and Jason, welcome to the show. Thanks for colling in, And what's your clue?
Speaker 9: My bum's hot? Sorry, my bum is hot?
Speaker 3: Flaming saddles, Blazing saddles a.
Speaker 12: Different guy.
Speaker 2: Flaming saddles might be another thing that you and Chris might go on to watch the weekend to get you in the mood. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Joe gets a point for that.
Speaker 2: Me you can't.
Speaker 3: They need half a point.
Speaker 2: I'll give you half the sharing. Yeah it's right, let's share, okay. Andrew, good morning, Hello Andrew, what's your what's your clue for us?
Speaker 9: Clue is angry exam.
Speaker 4: Test, mean test, mean girls, no test, the angry test.
Speaker 2: The angry examiner? That well, not movie. No time is up. I love the way he knows we're not going to get this ever, be a yes, Andrew? What is it?
Speaker 13: Mad mex?
Speaker 5: What's the example?
Speaker 13: Yeah, and exam backwards, Max.
Speaker 2: Get out.
Speaker 5: Backwards?
Speaker 2: This is an underground quiz either, buddy, why do you think this is the age? Come on without that smart get me no pinach of the Hot Springs tickets for you? Get rid of him? This clans like that on a Friday? Are they other show? Where is thick as anything? I should pay that cool? ABC banker? Good morning? Now, will this clue work for ustickies?
Speaker 4: No backwards mirror words, red rum, hard, stuffy.
Speaker 8: Boy.
Speaker 9: A boy's best friend is his mother?
Speaker 2: I totally agree. What's the clue? Sorry? Thought my mamad asked you to say that. Just reminded me to call home this week. Sorry, what's the clue again?
Speaker 12: Mate? The boy's best friend is his mother?
Speaker 5: His mother?
Speaker 3: What's step brothers?
Speaker 5: No Mummy's boy, Mother's boy? Is that a movie?
Speaker 2: I thought it was Mommer's Boy. No Big Mom's House, One Big Mumma's house.
Speaker 5: Two, no big mother's house, David extras.
Speaker 2: Pretty called me little one's house back in the day. And now what is it the anchor?
Speaker 9: It's Psycho?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Are going to give you the tickets to go to Peninsula Hot Springs.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, you have a top time this weekend at their world Wellness weekend that starts to know that's that's not us. Have a top time. I came out.
Speaker 9: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: In heave a lovely guy, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Marty.
Speaker 13: Yes, Marty, if you go, okay, you're ready for this. Yep weep grana, weep li bong No.
Speaker 2: Way what morse cope?
Speaker 5: Man, go more time please Marty?
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, bar weep brana weep Lini.
Speaker 3: Bong one flew over the COOKI isn't it.
Speaker 5: Young Einstein?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: Bar week grannar weep mini.
Speaker 3: Bos not some alien?
Speaker 5: Is it Independence Day?
Speaker 2: Nah? What is it? Times out?
Speaker 13: Okay? Not a transformance fan?
Speaker 4: Are you from Transformers?
Speaker 13: Is it Transformans? The movie from nine tot eirty six. That's the universe, that's the universal greed.
Speaker 2: It's bumblebee.
Speaker 13: When's your Transformans fan? In the odies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, but Bar Week, I mean who are they?
Speaker 13: No, No, that was the universal greeting.
Speaker 5: So do it in their language then Marty.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that no, that was it. If you look at Transformers ninety out of six universal greeting, that's what you'll find.
Speaker 2: To be honest. I found our actioned here on R and B Friday, Bar Week, Nina Bowl.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What a sporting weekend. It is insane.
Speaker 5: Three huge events of three this weekend.
Speaker 2: So just just just look at tonight. It's not obviously just a huge going with the time. Gives them the pies. This morning, when I was going down Punt Road, obviously Pats is news to saying how busy it's going to be. It's gonna be crazy around the precinct. I saw it because obviously Eddie McGuire's got to work out how he gets in from Tourak to the ground. He's setting up this giant trampoline. Two trampolines, so there's one from his back garden in tur Rack that will get him to one on Punt Road and then buying he does another one into the ground.
Speaker 4: Yes, I thought he had one of those Elon Musk tunnels where he from his house, his basement to the basement of the mc J.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I would love if he's set up an Eddie Maguire zipwire that went from his place there. We all saw him go. Good luck Preyers and obviously the Stormer playing tonight as well against the Sharks. Huge game there as well. And then But the really big thing happening is not just the d's out in the world West tomorrow. It is is finally tomorrow.
Speaker 14: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Shows, Grand Final News kicking. We're on the search for Melbourn's grand with the longest kitchen.
Speaker 2: Lara to Marra.
Speaker 14: It's happening to money Day.
Speaker 13: Wait you.
Speaker 2: It is tomorrow. We can't wait. Nine point thirty come down, cheer all the grands on which one Melbourne granny can kick them all the furthest They get one thousand dollars thanks to the Pancake Parlor. Check out the new delicious menu from the Pancake Parlor. Your kids can now get a delicious pancake f under nine bucks and.
Speaker 5: Free pancakes tomorrow, free coffee tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all waiting for you. And Granny's taking each other on grag fights.
Speaker 5: Well, they they're gonna fight.
Speaker 2: Beforehand. I'm gonna whip them up into a crazy and get them in the move by fighting each other.
Speaker 5: You do like that UFC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got a cage for them to get warmed up in an octagon. One hundred grands enter, only one drag can leave.
Speaker 5: Frag fight.
Speaker 2: Let's get it on.
Speaker 5: That's next month event. So we did a kick this month.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nine cage fights all. We've got it all mapped out the next twelve months. So really it is tomorrow. Come down, say lo, if you live nearby, come says, We're going to get the vu Whitnoval home. Are the dogs the kennel and so the grands are going to be taking each other on. We're going to catch up with Will from sports Bet in an hour. We got quite a lot to talk to him about need the disgusting scenes that went on yesterday. Whilst we were doing the show, we were also putting some side bets on. So all legits all fair. However, I'm ashamed to say over one thousand dollars from various team personnel, all the man who work on the show. The ladies had no business with us. Perhaps you're missing out and some big wins. No, no, I'm going to be in imani suit. Me and Jack hid it out with our winnings on money.
Speaker 6: We do promise, if you'd have a win, that you were going to throw me and produce a bex, a little Gucci Gucci.
Speaker 5: As if we'd already won the money. That Christian started going, oh, I'll look up.
Speaker 2: Through team in dumb and dumber. He's just handing out money. There. There you go, big very ski boots in the Ferrari turning out on mar So the most important job on the day is actually you, Jack and Pats.
Speaker 4: I'll be measuring, then I'll be yelling the distance to paths.
Speaker 5: She'll be recording it.
Speaker 2: I need to know that you're going to turn on point on message tomorrow morning. I'm talking specifically, Pats does this You're like a machine. I don't need to worry about you, Pats. It's you.
Speaker 5: I thought that question was going to end it just turn up.
Speaker 2: It's all on you. Yes.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got my footy boots so I won't be slipping over. I've got the kind of jacket like white coat that they would wear when measuring javelin and the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or if you're running a pharmacy, you know what do you do a shift at the chemist worrehouse or measure Olympic distance.
Speaker 5: Is exactly the same.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what else I need but a good attitude on the morning.
Speaker 2: It's not a job interview your resume. Oh no, I'm really worried about.
Speaker 4: Tell me what you're specifically worried about, and I can address your fears well everything.
Speaker 2: It's not enough time where it goes granny kickball and then you're not mean, funny off and on the show. You know you're aware your life on hen and I start talking to you and you just start staring into the mid distance, past the Atworth into I don't know what's out there, oblivion. Whether you're waiting for you alien ship to come back down and take you back, I don't know. And as well, we're going to get one. And worried about is the thousand yard stair jack jack, especially because like one of the next we've got Nathan Jones's mum, she's a grandlight. Liz is coming down. She should be out West supporting her son. He's got a bit of a big game tomorrow. I send Nathan blame for the D's tomorrow. She's got a big game is coming, she has she's gonna. I can't have something going. What was it? And looked like your big one? Love the big one. Now we've lost him again. He started drifting off. I'm really really worried.
Speaker 5: That's why i worry.
Speaker 4: There's so many grands kicking because I've got a key concentration for such a long time.
Speaker 2: Any confidence whatsoever?
Speaker 7: Please record your method.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 9: This is Supe from a s.
Speaker 15: Binley requesting unbelievable by ems this morning, because yesterday my work told me I'm now redundant.
Speaker 1: Than the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You're unbelievable, unbelievable. Great song, great upsong, great Friday song? Did you hit? We just talk about the message going into it, because normally when you hear radio stations playing requests, especially on a Friday, they're all big up things like hey, you know, hi, Fox, so it's the weekend. Who can I hear? Usher? And then producer Bex gives us this one from poor old Sue and Heast Bentley. You know have a listened to this message.
Speaker 7: At the time. Please record your message.
Speaker 10: Hi, this is Sue from a S.
Speaker 15: Bentley requesting unbelievable by EMS this morning because yesterday my work told me I'm now redundant.
Speaker 12: Thanks Gold.
Speaker 2: It sounds like we've let her go. We've sometimes we have to fire some listeners. You know, we don't want anyone because it sounds like she's gone. I got made redundant, Thanks Gold.
Speaker 5: What a sad message for a Friday morning as well to have.
Speaker 2: You know, and poor Sue. She's been made redundant.
Speaker 4: And now we can't speak to her. That's just a message bank so we can go, Hey you Arry, what happened? Blah blah blah, all we go from Beck was like, oh no, I talked.
Speaker 5: To her off here.
Speaker 2: She's a real log. I had no warning. So you know, we're trying to build the buzz up here and then we hit this we go ha ha.
Speaker 7: At the time, please record your message.
Speaker 12: Hi, this is Sue from A S.
Speaker 15: Binley requesting unbelievable by EMS this morning because yesterday my work told me I'm now redundant.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry about that, Sue, but it's given me an idea for next week. How about some of the requests we play. If you've had bad news, you need to tell us what's what the bad news is? And then what's the song there? Because if it's a big up song as well. But anyway, so I hope things pick up for you, Christian. Are you filming the Grand Final? I love the way they think we just stumbled into this radio show. Does it sound like that. Yeah, we've actually got There are five cameras, we've got drones, we've got a the's going you are we going to see the video next week of the Grands how they get on? But yeah, we are filming it all. We've got drones, talking about drones. Get Hamish mcgloughlin on the shows up now here. He is friend of the show.
Speaker 9: Nice to be on a redundancy request Friday.
Speaker 2: Hey you've not been let go of Sam Newman? Have you?
Speaker 9: Who knows it's day by day to.
Speaker 12: Be honest, So.
Speaker 2: Listen you must be super excited. Then huge, huge weekend, then the Grand Finals.
Speaker 9: Well so just requested AMF I assume because it's enormous Monster Finals weekend prelim Finals one hundred thousand. Tonight, we've got Melbourne storm across the road. That'll be a full house and your turn tomorrow is going that's sort of two Melbourne suburbs playing in front of that huge crowd of worshipers for a spot in the last game of the season. I speak to players this week basically they break prelim finals down and saying, you go into the game to give yourself a chance to win the one game you've been dreaming about all your life. You lose, and you watch the one game dreaming about playing all your life. So they feel like it's the most pressurized.
Speaker 13: Game of the year.
Speaker 9: And tonight, speaking of those of the NFL, it's been sold out all week. It's the one preven final they've been hoping happens and it hasn't happened for a long long time. Nineteen seventy three, Richmond have owned Collingwood in finals. They've won the last six. Collinwood haven't beaten Richmond in a final since nineteen thirty seven.
Speaker 2: So history, yeah, g history not on those sides tonight, is it. That's incredible?
Speaker 9: Yeah? And then tomorrow they've only played once in a final Melbourne and Richmond, they say Melbourne. I've only betten West Coast once in a final. I do think they have to do it. Simon Goodwin, who you've become very close with and dine with regularly, super confident about his side. He thinks they're on a on a winning streep. He thinks they can go over and win again. The last three times they've been in the West they've won. There's a couple of changes for both one age for both sides. Bailey Fridge has only missed one game the whole year in his first season. He's been dropped for Joel Smith. God would be surprised. Simon Goodwin's a genius. If they win Bailey Bridge, I think we'll come back in It's just a matchup, but that's really August, you know. It's sort of the warm up to the VU Whitt Noble Grand kick it on, where I assume our legal team will be on hand as well. Heap of medicos.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, also, have you had a little side bet as well on some of the grounds, because we've all been having some side bets on how they're going to get on. Because I think the smart bet is they are going to kick those grands, several of them will kick more than eighteen point five easily. We've got these videos, he mis rke. You can have a look at them on Facebook page OC one O four three. They're smashing it.
Speaker 9: Eighteen point five meters.
Speaker 13: Yeah, easily.
Speaker 2: All along, I've.
Speaker 9: Said, all along, forty plus you'll need to kick it.
Speaker 2: It'd be amazing if they get over forty.
Speaker 9: My bet, my bets forty plus is needed to win it. Jack in his lab go be running along in these new nineties and there'll be at least one hamsterring. Girl's had a lot of money on that.
Speaker 2: I've also halfway three.
Speaker 9: You'll say one years. Nervous for the next five years, as they will be tomorrow afternoon when grands are arriving and they're sort of stretching, I think there'll be an injury in the warm up at some point, do you know what?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm most worried about, actually is they're overstretching and getting a bit too carried away. So listen, make a quick snap prediction. Then what do you think's going to happen to you? Who are going to be playing each other in the Grand Final next weekend? Which way you go in.
Speaker 9: Richmond beat Collingwood tonight. I think they'll beat them reasonably, compfully, I think they're the best side in it. And I think the Demons will upset the West Coast. So Richmond Melbourne in front of one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: That will be unbelievable. And now, can I just rely on both of you? I know you're a Cats fan obviously, Haymous, Jack, you're a bombas fan as neutrals with no kind of dog in the race this weekend? Can I rely on you fan to jump on the Das bandwagon. I'm alright, but.
Speaker 9: I'm absolutely and I've been on the sex. I'm a good one to go right, I'm fully fledged, emotionally invested.
Speaker 2: I'm on good man all right, Haymoss, you catch out you next week, but howe we can enjoy the games.
Speaker 1: See you guys both The Christian who connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three week.
Speaker 2: Two of ten weeks of tickets? Did Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 14: Break the shows ten weeks of tickets? Every morning at seven thirty am, you'll chance to win tickets to the biggest.
Speaker 2: Shows in town. That's right over the next couple of weeks, then at seven thirty this week all about the Royal Melbourne Show. Last week Phil Collins. Next week every day it's seven thirty shirt tickets. You can go and see shir live. Also if you've got Kevin Hart Live, bon Jovie, Red Hot Summer, that's all over the next couple of weeks in ten weeks of tickets. This week it's all about the Royal Melbourne Show. Starts again tomorrow Saturday the twenty second, right through till the second of October. The Royal Melbourne Show Unforgettable. We have one family pass. Are you and four people are ride pass, food vouchers, parking. You don't need to worry about whatever it's on us. You also get the gold one in four point three showbag. Okay, now Live at the ground, Live at the Showground, right now, it's Jack, Hey Jack, how are you this morning? Ah?
Speaker 4: Yes, only one sleep until the show open. So there's a great energy down here today at the showgrounds. As I'm just walking around speaking to the Oh yes, that's one of the stuntmen about to deathify by jumping from a helicopter into a small pool.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I just I just have a wonder round so we can get some atmosphere and I don't know, sure, I don't know what we're going to hear, but you just walk us through. WHOA, what is that?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's that's the alien enclosure.
Speaker 2: The area fifty two at the Royal Melbourne show.
Speaker 4: Yes, falking to the handlers. Now the aliens are still in their cages. But the handlers say they've got some great aliens this year.
Speaker 2: Move on to another stool and whoa, what's this?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yes, it's the lawnmower section here in aar.
Speaker 2: It's like a corn bra corn Brie, isn't it? Moers? Yes, what's that little place that you were telling me about?
Speaker 4: I keep walking?
Speaker 2: My word, you're in the bee house?
Speaker 12: Oh no, in there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 12: Actually non an attraction.
Speaker 4: This is they're trying to get rid of this being infestation before tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we all cleared up.
Speaker 12: What No, it's very safe.
Speaker 2: For the show's no best whatso weether they're not allowed and they stopped them at the door. Well you and I've heard I've read about this in the paper yesterday. Is this the Monkey Movie theater where they were in that classic movie scenes?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that Cray the old wax on wax off scene. I love it. Monkey theater, what a great idea at the show ground.
Speaker 4: Eh, yes, I met one of the main actors, the monkey actors.
Speaker 12: He's actually a nice guy in real life.
Speaker 2: Oh, excellent stuff. All right, So well listen, Delvin's are inside. Then a celebrity again. I actually spent on that. Careful, careful, the old atangents. You're trying to do this show? All right? Then delbyn'side a celebrity showbag. Give us the clues. Who could it be?
Speaker 4: Which celebrity showbag is this? I'm pulling out a mushroom. Ooh, a mushroom? What could it be? For the second? Itight, I'm in the celebrity showbag? Is a picture of the queen? Why is it a picture of the queen.
Speaker 2: In the background?
Speaker 12: Not clues? I repeat, not clues to the celebrity. The third one. Now, the third item I pull out.
Speaker 4: Do you want it to be an easy clue or a hard clue?
Speaker 12: This morning?
Speaker 2: Easy? After the tobacco we had yesterday with Jude Law.
Speaker 5: I like that someone got it.
Speaker 2: Legal documents a betal song, Yes.
Speaker 4: Hey Jude and Law for legal documents. I'll give you the hard one first. The next thing I'm pulling out of the showbag is the number forty five. If nobody can get the answer, then we move onto the easy clue. Are you still there?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel I'm going home. Oh what's this one?
Speaker 12: Is another Bathy again?
Speaker 2: Now it's a washing machine, abarn't you? They've got a laundrom out there. Yeah, he's spreading on a wash, I full service wash. All right, give us a call now then just think about the mushroomers. Basically you'll work it out from there. Which celebrity is it? Nine four one one four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Joe from Upwigh who requested this. That lovely message there also said for your misheard lyrics. It does say here r do O say? Do you remember a good day off for the trades? It does September? What a great song earth Winder and Fire and one an amazing person. Then Joe in Upwey, who want us to play that song? Great news today? Then is the first day she's waking up for six months and doesn't have to do a course of chemotherapy. Joe is some pleasure to play that song as well, well, don't you. And she's alto want to say thank you to all the stuff at the Epworth here Richmond, who've been looking after for the last couple of months. All right, then let's go back to Jack at the raw Melbourne Show. Of course it is back tomorrow. Jack is still there.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm still walking around the Melbourne Show.
Speaker 12: What do you want to see next?
Speaker 2: Well, just have I'm not there, so you have a wonder around you tell me what you see, sir, Nay, it's some time do your hair? Can you? Let's come on?
Speaker 4: You run out of relevant sound effects, I say, if we've gone from what seagull Yes, there's seagulls.
Speaker 12: I'm just seeding some hot.
Speaker 2: Ships right now. And what have you walked into now? Oh?
Speaker 12: The House of Morrows?
Speaker 2: All right, So the clues again, Jack, As you've delved into a celebrity showbag, they've got to listen to the clues and work out who the star is.
Speaker 4: The first one is a mushroom, the second one is a picture of the queen, and the third thing in this celebrity show bag is the number forty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to the lines, James, good morning.
Speaker 10: Morning, morning, morning.
Speaker 9: Well I think the celebrity is Mario from New Super Mario Brothers.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that James. Stuffluck, let's go to Cliff. Good morning, Cliff, what a Christian? How are yeah? Pretty good? Happy Friday and Cliff, I have you well mate? And who do you think it is?
Speaker 15: I think it's Freddy Mercury due to the queen and the number forty five.
Speaker 9: Freddy passed away at the age of forty five.
Speaker 2: Wow, good thinking, smart thinking, Actually, Cliff.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that, Cliff, So no, it's not the right answer.
Speaker 2: Too smart for Jack, Cliff. You've got to think a little bit. So Jude, good morning, good morning. All right, Jude, who do you think it is?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 12: Trump?
Speaker 2: Now, why do you think that Trump?
Speaker 9: There was the whole mushroom being queens and he's the forty fifth president of the United States.
Speaker 12: You're correct, June.
Speaker 2: You are off to the Royal Melbourne Show. You get it over well, thank you, all right, have a good time. That's all right, Bye bye that Jude. All right, Jack, you better head back then. We've still got another two hours on the show.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, what do you want me to bring you back from the Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Show, some of those bees please, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So earlier I just said, look, whatever I can guarantee you the next twenty minutes of Melbourne Radio. It's going to be chaos already the wheels have come and come off.
Speaker 5: Well, the wheels didn't even go on. What I mean, we're just sitting.
Speaker 2: Yesterday for half an hour. Here's what I wanted to do right. One hundred and twenty eight grands went online said yep, we're up for entering your Grand Final to see which one grand can kick them all the furthest winning grand gets a thousand dollars. We've got a great, great, great back place to hold it. The vu Whitnover have kind of offered us their ground tomorrow from nine to thirty. I thought this morning it'd be really nice. Obviously there's been quite a few grands who you know, have got stuff going on now, so there's about sort of fifty ish. The are going to be upset, definitely, they're going to be there. Tomorrow might be more, but I reckon it'd be around that. I would be really nice if through the use of conference calling, we could get all the grands up and say good luck to them.
Speaker 5: So batch is a four conference called once on one line. Hello, Lee, Kathy, Kate. They all say hello.
Speaker 2: Then we move on to the good luck ladies. I go Elsa, Deborah, Lee, Sandra, but Bessie, and there we go good luck ladies, and then we cycled through like that. But just the BECs just came flying in. So, so, bes is this going to work? Can I try it? What's going on?
Speaker 15: I've been trying my absolute best, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.
Speaker 2: So I've got a new.
Speaker 15: So I'm working on a solution to get as many up as I can for.
Speaker 10: You at a time.
Speaker 5: So what happened in the practice run yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that they assured us won't perfectly and it won't be a problem.
Speaker 7: It just it didn't work very well.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing what was great is twenty seconds before Belinda Carlisle wrapped up, Becks came in and went, it's not going to work, and then ran out the studio before I could go, what we got this? Blad? You're gonna give me twenty seconds notice?
Speaker 5: So, and is this the what the fix is?
Speaker 4: Beck, Now we're just gonna do one hundred and twenty eight grands we've got.
Speaker 2: We've got forty one to get through, so let's do it.
Speaker 14: Christian O'Connor Breakfast Shows, Grand Final, the same, gret you kicking? Yes, we're on the search for Melbourne's grand with the longest kit.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 5: It's happening tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's only day. Oh wait, all right? Should we try this? Leanne? Hey you going, Leanne, good luck tomorrow, have fun, Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 14: Vicky no Lee, good morning, Christian Lee, good luck tomorrow, kick grand.
Speaker 9: Kick thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Should I say something to him?
Speaker 13: Two?
Speaker 5: Well, that takes too much time you can do Vicky. Hey, Vicky, good luck tomorrow, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Kick it.
Speaker 5: Three you kick it proud?
Speaker 13: I will well and strong.
Speaker 2: All right, perhaps you do this one. It's Claire by the way, you're saying good luck.
Speaker 3: To Hey, good luck Claire, Bet.
Speaker 9: Thank you up there, Cloes Eile.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant. Okay, we've got to Parky. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 9: Here are you going.
Speaker 2: I'm really good looking forward to seeing you in action tomorrow. Good luck, thanks very much.
Speaker 12: Jack.
Speaker 2: You take this one.
Speaker 5: Hey Sharon, Hey.
Speaker 12: Hey, you going, yeah good?
Speaker 5: You're going to kick it big tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Absolutely gonna give it everything I've got.
Speaker 5: That's the spirit.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what this is. This is Shazza the psidekick. Yesterday Dawn said you're the one to watch. You can be the winning kicker.
Speaker 13: Really, that doesn't jinx me or anything.
Speaker 2: Your hot stuff sharing good luck tomorrow?
Speaker 13: Oh thanks buddy, See you're there.
Speaker 2: How many more we've got to do?
Speaker 5: That's in for now?
Speaker 2: It was only done fine.
Speaker 5: Tried in the half.
Speaker 1: Hour quarter part the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three all request every Friday. Now. So Heath and cram One says, you can't wait for the Queen movie later on this week? They say, yeah, we can't either. We hope they're going to be doing an exclusive early screening of that as well. The trailer is outstanding. We all hope that the movie is great as well. All right, then, sir, we're going to try and say good luck to some more grannies kicking tomorrow. Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't think we'll get to the.
Speaker 2: End, of course, we won't. Got no hope. Okay, So if you're coming down tomorrow nine thirties when we needed there for the vu Wittnovle. If you are coming along you live nearby or you want to support the grounds a bit fun thanks to Pancake Parlor, Free Pancakes, Free Coffee. Pancake Parlor just released their new kids menu, Delicious Kids Pancakes for under nine dollars. Check it out. We need to do that from nine p thirty. First kick will be at ten a m. Sharp. There are also prizes for some of the best banners we get on the day as well. If you are coming, let us know on four seven five three one four three so we can say thank you for wanting the Grand Final.
Speaker 12: Hidi, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: We're really good? Good luck Heidi?
Speaker 8: Thank you all right?
Speaker 2: Jack? Do you want to do this one?
Speaker 4: Denise as we try and get through all the grannies and that we'll be kicking tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Denise, good luck tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sounds nervous, fit in the pressure already. This one is Debbie Debster. You can do this one, Patsy.
Speaker 3: Hey, deb you there? Oh, Dep's not there? Hello, oh hi, Dave, good luck tomorrow.
Speaker 8: It's Dianna.
Speaker 3: Oh, Dianna, good luck tomorrow at the moment.
Speaker 2: Nay, guys, then all right, good luck and dead.
Speaker 5: We should give up on just give that's going on.
Speaker 2: Have we got any more producers? Yeah, okay, let's go to hate. Liz Jones, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 8: Hi, Christian, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, great to talk to you again. So you're not going out west to support Nathan tomorrow in the Big D's game.
Speaker 8: I know I'm not. Actually, Nathan's got me a pair of beautiful pair of football boots took the boy tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So have.
Speaker 4: You tried them out because you don't want to go brand new boots for the first time as you kick tomorrow.
Speaker 8: No, I've actually been practicing yesterday and I'm kicking okay. I'm pretty happy with what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And have you put the dubbin on the boots as well? We've got them all ready for tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm all organized. I actually got a little bit of a comeback from the boys. I said to you, look, oh, where the Melbourne Jumper and where the Sydney socks? Because I've got you sons playing and I got oh, so now we know who the favorite?
Speaker 5: Yeah, jumper, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 8: I'll wear a black jumper and I'll have your badges on all neutral.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, listen, does it look forward to meeting you? Sing you tomorrow and your new boots? All right as well?
Speaker 8: Good luck, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Good luck to the d's as well. Libby, good morning, good morning, pretty good. Have you got new boots? What's the foot we're going to be Libby? Um, it could just be runners, doesn't matter that you can still kick with those. Have the training kicks been going? What are you kick in?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 8: I was kicking with the kids on Yard Judy the other day and I wasn't totally disgraceful. So really that's all I can say for myself.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Julie, Hello, Julie, welcome to the show. Are you excited about the Grand Final tomorrow?
Speaker 12: Most definitely am.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And you got some family coming down to support you with banners I do.
Speaker 9: I have my Darryl, yeah, and a couple of friends.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, we'll see there. Okay, let's go to Diana. Good morning, Diana.
Speaker 12: Hello, how are you Christian?
Speaker 2: I'm what we cannot wait for tomorrow I'm so excited. Whatever you guys do, whatever you kick, doesn't really matter. I think it's amazing that you're all up for this. A good luck.
Speaker 15: Oh, I reckon, I can kick ten meters, but I've been I'd be hydrating, Christian. I've been having my champagne daily, so I'm all.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of hydration I like. All Right, I'll see you tomorrow morning. Good luck, Hey k see you bye bye. Another sharer and we got two shouers. Good morning, good morning, good luck tomorrow, Thanks very much, Christin. All right, we'll see you down there.
Speaker 15: Look forward to it.
Speaker 2: All right, bring your best legs. That sounding creepy, isn't it? Alright? We listen. That's it for now. We can't have any more grands on. I know that we got one last one who slipped in under the radar. Shedy, Hey you going. I'm pretty good, Sheddy. What's your nickname? What's your kick? Your nickname? Tomorrow?
Speaker 8: I think Magpie. My dad used to call me magpie and Barrack for the pie, So gotcha.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how far do you reckon? You can kick?
Speaker 12: Tomorrow?
Speaker 8: I've been kicking about thirty, but that's without a run up. I've gotta try and work out how to do this run up thing without fall and over.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, get some extra speed behind that ball. You might boost it in another ten meters or so.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm practice today.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll listening. Good luck. We'll see that tomorrow morning.
Speaker 13: Cold.
Speaker 8: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: All right, so if you want to come down, you've heard them all. They're really up for it. There's going to be about forty plus grands kicking to my nine thirty VU witting over. If you're coming down, let us know so we can say thanks.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hunters and Collectors Holy Grail. So I know that's like AFL Unofficial Grand Final anthem. There's also going to be a new entry next week. We've had confirmation sing It for Me album is going to be played as people are coming into the ground.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, stunning. I can't believe that will be through the pao of the mcg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that is incredible. We've had confirmation Gil has stayed true to his word and it is going to be played. Seeing it from Melbourne still out now so we can find it on iTunes. All right then? So now every week a young boy puts pencer paper and he writes down all the wise things that Jack says across the week, and he makes it into a top ten format that we call the best.
Speaker 5: Whittle it down very very hard between him. So much wisdom, so much wisdom.
Speaker 2: Jack Post, and we call it the best of Jack Post. Did he really say that? The boy who writes this over in the UK is sixteen. He's been doing big exams, but he still takes time out to write this. He says, here, the latest one he's made sent to me last night. The scriptures have been updated once more this week, Christian, as I continue to preserve Jackpost wisdom for future generations of humanity. Here's this week top ten Jack Post. Did he really say that at ten it's harder to get a seat with my hairdresser than it is with a dignitary. I can sit down with the Lord met today, but I can't sit down with Neil.
Speaker 5: He is, I can't go back there. You got to wait.
Speaker 4: Bookings now for next year for Neil's hairdresser.
Speaker 2: Nine. Think of a one hundred meter running track. It is quite long. Think of that again, one hundred by one hundred versus working out what you're trying to work out though the landing strip for the sky and over Paul. And eight, I don't like it. I'm not going to market. Oh, hang on, his name's Jack Brons At seven, so this was chatting the sky Overpaol. So Paul, let me understand. Are you actually kicking the ball out the side of a plane? Still one of my favorite one? Seven? At six you put a pencil in an electric sharpener and then you accidentally thumble it out and break the pencil. Is that a song? Christian? At five, I am maybe the size of my hand. You're trying to you bumbling around about the trophy and trying to get the perspective of your.
Speaker 5: Little all right, that's right, yes.
Speaker 2: And before we're into the top four, I didn't know Zuckerberg was famous for wearing gray T shirts. None of us did till Jack told us he was. At three, CNN doesn't break away and go, oh, my husband didn't wash the dishes tonight. At two, I had straight hair as a kid. I think maybe because I shaved my hair for so long, it's forgotten how to go straight.
Speaker 5: I still want to do that as a phone topic. I'm not convinced that that's.
Speaker 2: Night Science one this week? Do you know that smaller child humans are the same things that grow into adult humans? Bow down everyone, Thank you, Jack, thank you Sam Sturdy. I've got to read that one again this morning. When I saw these at like half four, it took me a couple of reeks ago. Do you know that smaller child humans are the same things that grow into adult humans? I know what that well done? Sabstate World one, Jack the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Kim Kahn's Beddy Davis Side of Sarah and Geelong Christian. I love the song. Everyone has their own signature karaoke song. This is shamefully mind. You don't need to say shamefully mind. That's a I think that's an interesting choice. I've not seen that done at karaoke. To be honest, I have to deliberately pick songs. They've got quite a low register.
Speaker 5: We should do when are we doing karaoke?
Speaker 2: And I promise you this, your ears will bleed. I can't sing. The only the only ones I've worked out years are doing drunk in karaokes. I do Neil diamond songs because Neil has quite a few songs that are in a lower kind of register where he almost walks you through it. So the for people aren't great singers like me. I can do only Neil Diamond songs and no other songs.
Speaker 5: Tell me if you do this.
Speaker 4: Every time I go to karaoke, maybe every one six months to a year, I always come out of it thinking I've got to find a song I can do well.
Speaker 5: Yes, the next time, that's my goal, and then I never do it.
Speaker 2: And I'm envious of Sarah here in Geelong that she's worked out. Beddy David's eyes is in her in her wheelhouse. She can nail that.
Speaker 14: Christian O'Connor Breakfast Shows Grand Final brand. You's kicking, Yes, you're We're on the search for Melbourn's Grand with the longest kick to Lara Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's happening tomorrow. It's only a day way, It's all that tomorrow ninth thirty. If you're coming down to the Cannel Hover the dogs and vu Whitten Oval. So the winning grand who kicks them all the furtherers gets one thousand dollars thanks pancake proby also get a pancake every week for a year thanks to Peninsula Hot Springs and their big World of Wellness this weekend the biggest ever expansion. They also get a big treat there as well. The top eight we're gonna whittle it down from forty with the kickoff to the final eight. Then the top eight kick again, I guess with the actual Grand Final. Yep. They also get runners up price as well of a nice little treat out of Peninsula Hot Springs as well, so everyone gets something and even everyone who kicks they get a medal as well.
Speaker 4: Are we going to stand around and do all the medal presentations on all the grands or do we just get a bucket out with the medals in and go yourself check?
Speaker 3: What are you in a hurry to get away? Again?
Speaker 2: It depends on timing. I can suddenly see the image of you and I tearing out there just chucking the medals. The medals out the back lady, see up, all right, let's get we'll sports bet on it was on last week offering odds on this. If you look under novelty you'll find us there along with alien contact, which is where where we belong. Well, welcome back to the show mate.
Speaker 9: Good morning. How are you happy Friday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy Friday. Well, there's been a lot of activities you've probably noticed in the last twenty four hours of betting, and quite a bit of it. I'm getting the bulk of it has come from people on this show.
Speaker 10: Hush, hush, let's not say anything. Yes, there has been some money, and we've had to actually change our line to our line for the longest, which is not going to come as any surprise, was eighteen point five over under and we've had to increase that note to thirty five point five.
Speaker 2: We know Jack spot of this yesterday, Will the eighteen point five one and put money on it straight away like two hundred bucks, and then I did as well, because eighteen point five will if you've seen the training videos, they will they're going to sound over that.
Speaker 10: Oh absolutely, I mean, and I've just heard that this John's actually has a new pair of boots and she's been wound in from eight dollars fifty.
Speaker 2: So Will.
Speaker 5: How does it work?
Speaker 4: Is the computer algorithm that calculates all the bets coming in and then it changes the odds. Are you jumping on the computer and like tapping in the back end and changing them yourself.
Speaker 10: Oh, so we're actually going we're stopping all these people are on their Facebook pages if they have Facebook, on their Instagram, we're seeing where they've been kicking balls, and so we're making it. It's really an educated guest as to what we actually recoon them. We try to find it who all they are, you know, whether they've actually played for women's football team previously back in the fifties. We take all that into account and then when money comes in, we also make the adjust mistake on the back and that they have so but then our nail is actually the best back and she's a four dollar favorite.
Speaker 2: Is now one of them has actually got as an Irish man yourself. Will are you going to put any money on yourself because one of the kicker is a nickname a kick and nickname is simply the Irish Oh.
Speaker 10: Really yeah, oh god, she's well, I'm going to have to get taking this sight away.
Speaker 2: We've got a favorite of the Irish mate and so I even noticed you even got one for you can put money if you want to just have a bit of fun. What is the smart sort options? Now? People just want to put ten bucks on or saw of that for a bit of fun. What's the smart bets at the moment then?
Speaker 10: On sports bet, well, it's actually the age of the winning Granny is really popular with us. So under fifty that's two dollars twenty five into a dollar ninety and it's had over eighty five percent of the money with sports reads, so that is the most popular market.
Speaker 2: I put some on that yesterday.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, I didn't tell you, but I put some on that too.
Speaker 2: I give you a job. You won't even cut me in on that. You are something else, jack post. But don't worry. I also put someone and didn't tell you why they're too fair.
Speaker 5: We got a little bit carried away.
Speaker 2: There's no wonder amongst thieves on this show.
Speaker 4: So when we announced it yesterday that we thought the eighteen point five meter kick was an easy win and everybody started jumping on it. Is there an alarm at sports bet that goes off the gome? This something's vulnerable in the Christian Grand Final betting odds.
Speaker 10: Well, I actually get an emailed that as well. Your Christmas bonus is no longer.
Speaker 2: In Sorry about that, mate, I'll buy your mine, but we.
Speaker 10: Have actually had one bit of dollars on the granny to be in our eighties and we've not taken any best nineties or over one hundred Sowarsurions is kicking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you're offering one hundred and one dollars to one for a granny over one hundred, but I mean it's just impossible, surely.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, to be honest, it would be for context, that would be like the old lady in Titanic kicking.
Speaker 2: Well, well, listen, thanks so much for doing this, and let's catch up with you Monday, So a Tuesday, because we're probably gonna announcing the results on Tuesday, when we can go with what happened and how it infects your payout.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's a good point.
Speaker 4: We're going to try and keep the result a sacred till Tuesday show, so people won't know if they've won or not till.
Speaker 2: Tell listen, do you know what? That's our intention, right, because the video won't be up and ready because obviously there's a lot to cut and stuff that over the weekend. So however, though you've got all those NaNs, the winning nan is going to want to tell everyone she's gonna be on the project Monday night properly, you know, and it'll be out there. Let's get you back on next week. That's your support. We'll have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Buddy responsely always The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We want to know if you're coming down tomorrow to cheer the grands on. We're all going to be there from about nine o'clock. The grand start kicking ten a m. Sharp. We've got a lot of grands to get through, so whatever happens, they're big kind of prelium then I'm calling it. So the whether it's forty to forty five that turn up, they all get one kick each. We then will find our top eight. Yep. Then there'd be a little reset the top eight coming back out. They've got to kick again, So whatever they did previously doesn't matter. Where they've got a forty two howler, it doesn't matter. Yep, they kick again. The pressure is on them. Doing it in training is one thing. Doing it tomorrow in front of all the people, big ground, you know, like the win Oval, the kennel there, there's gonna be a lot of pressure on them. Some are going to screw it up. You're on the microphone introducing Marscril semonies, and I'll be keeping everything moving on you and Pats are to be honest the brain of it all.
Speaker 4: Will you be judging, say, if someone swings and misses, do you give them another kick?
Speaker 2: That's tough because if I do that for one, I got to do it if there would be there all day. No, it's the same with like you know, same in sport, isn't it. That's it. If your put doesn't go in, that's it. You've got to do it.
Speaker 4: One rule if you were going to be a lenient boss or a okay.
Speaker 2: Say someone somehow does one and it sort of goes behind them, which is an impossible If you saw me kicking with Shane corp a go, I think I actually somehow bent physics and time and space actually did do that. So if they do that, then I think that's unlucky. I don't think that many are going to do that. But otherwise that's it. It's got to be. The PreCure's got to.
Speaker 5: Be on one kick.
Speaker 2: One kick, that's all it's going to be. So if you're coming down, let us know, send me a text to oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: This is another underage great Phil Collins track. I Wish It would rain down. This is again sad films. He wants it to rain down as Little Ball Dome. They played this yesterday. In my gym they listened to Gold one of four point.
Speaker 3: Three because that really fires you.
Speaker 2: Well. I felt like Phil and I were working out together and I was spoting his weights and he was at you jump in do some bench bass now, mate.
Speaker 4: You know yeah, as you're sparing his bench prayers, you're dripping sweater on him and he's gone rain.
Speaker 2: All right. What do you guys other than working tomorrow morning at the Grand Final? Then what are we all doing for the weekend tonight? I'm actually like a typical DS fan. I'm off to the theater. I'm actually going to go and see a great comedy show if you're looking to see a good one A bit different this weekend. David Baddill is over sold out in Sydney. A couple of months ago I saw online jk Rowling. I follow her on Twitter was raving about this comedy show just normally going to see stand up. She was talk about so a friend of mine Davidill. So I'm going to see David show tonight. It's on the Alex Theater in Saint Kilda, and tomorrow night's going If you love your comedy, I want to go and say, see something different and smart but very very funny. It's my second time seeing the show is well, So I'm going to see that and then over the weekend. I'm home alone for the next two weeks. And one of the things that I've been given a list of things to do, one of the us leave that laptop alone? And why is there no Internet history? Might I speak to the guy about that? Is that's on my not to.
Speaker 5: Do list, which is much longer than to do this.
Speaker 2: Is I've got to repair a wooden door. Now. Normally, when I do any kind of diy around the house, it automatically lowers the value of the property.
Speaker 5: And this is a rental, so you've got to.
Speaker 2: Be care really, really carrible, which is why my wife is so nervous. Right, some wood has come loose and I need to glue it back down. At the side of the door. Now what would you use? Would you use that? No nail stuff or super glue or wood glue. So the side of the door, we're talking where it flaps off if you're not careful. Okay you're someone who's been doing a renovation for the last sixty five years.
Speaker 5: Not very good.
Speaker 4: There is I know this match. There is really super super strong glues.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much. Thanks, thanks manager of Bunnings for your help.
Speaker 3: Don't tell him that I else stick himself to the door.
Speaker 4: There's glues and I can give you the special tube gun which is not a sufficial name.
Speaker 2: There's no nails or do I need a special to do.
Speaker 5: Like a liquid nail.
Speaker 6: I'd get a no, I'd get a wood glue. I'd go to Bunnings. They're very helpful. Say look, this is the job I need to do.
Speaker 3: What do I need?
Speaker 2: Then? I think I need to put a weight against it to hold it flush when it dries.
Speaker 12: Stuff.
Speaker 3: Don't you get like a vice that you unscrew the.
Speaker 2: Door part of the door, so the other bit there's nothing to attach it to it is that you can.
Speaker 6: Get the vices where you undo them and they don't need a support, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Like a floating device. I think it is. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I love the way that Pats is actually just actually more helpful than either of you about advice float you said, there's strong super grew out there.
Speaker 1: Thanks Team Because O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We are counting down the hours now to our grand final tomorrow morning at the vun Over. You're more than welcome to come down. We'd love to see it down there. We'd love to meet you. Say hi. Free pancakes thanks to the pancake parlor will wait you as well, Free coffee as well. And the sight and majesty of what a sporting feast granny's taking each other on which one could be King of the grannies and kick the ball, the furthest We're going to speak to a couple in a couple of seconds. Yesterday we had a psychic on Dawn. She looked at all the grands that have entered and there's well over one hundred. And here's the top three.
Speaker 8: The top three.
Speaker 15: I've gone Denise Sharon and Lee.
Speaker 2: Denise Sharon Lee, the top three. Yes, all right, Denise is actually on the line now, Denise good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good. Listen, how does it feel? Then? The psychic Dawn is actually sit You are all the three that she thinks are going to do really well?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: I wouldn't be hard in my breathfriend, may I've been getting my kids at school to train me all wake the tops of the.
Speaker 8: Thighs of very, very sore.
Speaker 2: You need to rest up. Yeah, you need to get deep heat, getting an ice bath.
Speaker 3: I've got I've got the dopeat I'm after the forty tonight, so there's no there's no rest, but yeah, it will be good.
Speaker 4: Well, keep keep the legs warm tonight. Can you take like a Donner cover or something?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 2: Keep the awesome hot water bottles? What's the security like that about bringing in hot water bottles? Is it not tonight? So listen to the I'm guessing now I understand. I was about to ask you why you called the tiger. You're obviously a Tiger's fan.
Speaker 5: Big game tonight, yes I am, yet big.
Speaker 9: Game you're going to do it?
Speaker 2: Going to smash the pies.
Speaker 15: Oh, I'd love to say yes.
Speaker 9: But after fifty years American from anything that's possible, isn't it so let's just keep their fingers crossed.
Speaker 8: And hope that we have a good game.
Speaker 9: I think it'll be a past game.
Speaker 4: And what do you think will make you perform better tonight, Richmond winning and the success and the and the momentum that it will give to you, or Richmond losing, and then you want to stake something in the ground for the Tigers.
Speaker 9: Let's just hope I can kick it.
Speaker 8: I've been practicing.
Speaker 9: I'm just rabet sixteen raders.
Speaker 8: So let's just say how we go tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, whatever whatever you do tomorrow, it's just a bit of fun. It'd be great great to find a senior or in action tomorrow.
Speaker 12: It is. Look.
Speaker 11: Look, I've never done anything out of my comfort zone.
Speaker 2: Ever, so this is you know, this is great for you. I hope you know what. I hope you really enjoy it, all of you do.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, we'll have good fun.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Here's sim enjoy the game tonight. I hope the Tigers win and we'll see you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 10: Thank you very mud.
Speaker 2: All right, good luck the Tiger. Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Well, we will see you if you're coming down to cheer on the grands tomorrow, we will see you tomorrow morning. Get there for nine thirty VU whitting Oval, free pancakes, free coffee, Grans in action, find out which grand will be the grand to rule them all. The great thing is we've got no idea what's going to happen tomorrow morning. They could all feel the pressure and we have the shortest kicks that they've done when they've been smashing it in training.
Speaker 5: Will that'd be terrible? I sat.
Speaker 4: If that happens, I say, send him back to the starting line and keep kicking kicking.
Speaker 2: So Monday we're still live on the VU whitting Over, So if you are coming down, we will see you there. Thank you very much for all the support and everyone is making it work tomorrow as well, and whatever you opt to this weekend, have a top weekend. The title of today's show with the side bets that we've been putting on heavily on our grannies is Grambling. Hugky's coming up next. Have a top weekend. We're speech on Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Come on the D's The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three,