Speaker 1: Life Uncut acknowledges the traditional custodians of country whose lands were never seated. We pay our respects to their elders past and present.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. This episode was recorded on Drug Wallamuta Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 1: I'm Laura and I'm in the jungle.
Speaker 3: I'm celebrity. Get me out of here.
Speaker 1: Well you're actually, I'm not jungle. I'm Brittany.
Speaker 3: You're sitting in a studio with me right now.
Speaker 1: What the hell happened?
Speaker 3: Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: People might not people might not have heard.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding that, just baiting them for a bit longer. And I think the jungle thing made it, given it away. Do you remember when we very first started this, we were like six months deep and then you fucked off to do the Bachelor Paradise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you made me I did. I didn't want to do it. You held something to my head and were like get out, and then you ended up in a relationship with Tim. Lol. Don't even know cut that out. I didn't want to talk about that. I'm so far gone from that. We are not bringing that back into this episode.
Speaker 2: So funny. Oh bless, bless, look at you now, Babe going into the jungle. I'm a celebrity. Get me out of here. Yeah, Brittany Hockley, I feel so weird for you, and I also I feel weird for me. I feel so weird. I also am gonna be very sad. So for anyone who doesn't know Britt is going into the jungle. The show starts on Sunday, so out of here. But it means that Britt will still be on the interview episodes. But when it comes to our Tuesday and a Thursday episode, it could be two weeks, it could be six weeks that BRIT's gone.
Speaker 3: It depends on know you exaggerator. It's only a month if you win, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The whole jungle, it may.
Speaker 3: Never come back unless we get eaten less. I could like eaten by something. It's funny.
Speaker 1: So straight away they said to me, what are you most afraid of in the jungle? And I said a hippopotamus And they're like what, And I was like, yes, I'm afraid of hippopotamuses or hippopotami.
Speaker 3: Which one is it? Hippopotamy?
Speaker 1: I think it's hippopotamuses with a plural. It sounds so dumb, I am. Because they are outside of the mosquito. They are the most dangerous animal in Africa. I yeah, I think that the hippopotamus is the closet danger The hippotomot of my ass is the closet dangerous animal that people don't realize.
Speaker 2: Have you seen I'd petrified them? Also, what do they run through the camp? A whole herd of them?
Speaker 1: Have you seen their teeth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like they need a brushed.
Speaker 1: Their teeth are humongous and they just chomp and they'll crush you in hard.
Speaker 2: They need to go on a reality TV show and get some free veniers after the fact, that's what they need. Oh my god, that was the worst joke I've ever heard. I'm the dad joker could for you after this new stint. Look at my teeth. I don't need teeth.
Speaker 3: Just so you know.
Speaker 2: I mean to give you guys the way that this is going to work over the next few weeks. Are you Sakishi is gonna be filling in for brit Yo. Delilah might make a few appearances.
Speaker 3: Delilah may also be on MIC.
Speaker 2: It'll be us, things will be exactly as normal, but it would just be produced a Keisha and I doing the episodes while britt You were gone.
Speaker 3: But genuinely, how are you feeling? It hasn't sunk in properly yet.
Speaker 1: I always said if I was going to do any other reality show, the only ones I'd do would be Dancing with the Stars like you did or I'm a celeb, because I just feel like they're in a different category. They're wholesome, they're family, Like I'm done obviously done with the love, but I'm done with drama, like I don't and I hope to god there's no drama in the jungle. But like, historically speaking, the show's not about that, Like people going from all walks of life.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be friends.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to be working together to try and earn your dinner because you only get fed if you win stars together. It just looks like a lot of fun and I'm super excited to meet the other people in the jungle, Like.
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea who's going, Like is there any part of you that has an inkling or are you just completely kept in the dark?
Speaker 1: And on my heart, it is so secretive you do, it's impossible to know there is nothing leaked, and I have Google search the shit out of it.
Speaker 3: I was like, what's been leaked? Who's out?
Speaker 1: There's nothing? The speculation of so many different people. We know all the hints, like we know there's Olympians, AFL players, comedians, Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's gonna happen? People are gonna get papped, People are gonna get paped going in. That's what happens every year. There's always some sort of leaks that happen leading up to just before it starts because they have to physically get them to Africa, and so that usually is like, oh, we have to physically go I mean no, not metaphorically going to Africa. Well, last time they just chucked them in the center of Australia or something, didn't they They just made a fake set and Byron that's so it was COVID though they did what they could do.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: And also this year, so doctor Chris Brown, the VET, he's not on it this year.
Speaker 3: This is his first year. I was doing the job.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: And Robert is so cute like Steve as in everyone and Steve urban Terrio AND's son brother Tabindi. I feel like there was ever a TV show that he was perfectly made for.
Speaker 3: It's this show. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 2: I like the show and I have watched it in the past, but sometimes I don't enjoy how contrived parts of it feel, like how contrived the dynamic between the whose like, oh, it's what they lean into totally. But I actually fucking love Julia Morris a funny and she We've been so lucky in the past, like having really intimate conversations with her outside of just being you know, in the world of media, and she's always been really honest, and she's such an oversharer and she's she's just real salt of the earth, and so I think her partnered with someone like Robert could be a really awesome dynamic.
Speaker 1: A really cool thing is Robert has said, like you can only eat on the show now, like farmed animals, So you know how you have to always do those gross eating challenges where you're eating like an eyeball or something. Oh my god, I feel sick.
Speaker 2: Things. Yeah, but also when they used to do the whole like eating a zebra penis like no one again, it's disgusting and like everyone's like, eh, the penis, but like no one actually wants to see someone eat a zebra panas no one wants to see that?
Speaker 1: Well, I think people do. I think who people love it, but people love the animals as well. Yes, but people want to see us in the jungle vomit.
Speaker 2: I want to see you eat zebra shit instead. Honestly, Wow, how okay?
Speaker 1: Tell me what you really think, Laura, No, that's my This is what I'm dreading the most right on this show. I'm so excited to go. I'm so excited to meet people. The challenges look so fun, Like the actual physical challenges I don't care about. You know, when you get a question wrong and you get all this sloppy shit dropped all over you, like whatever, not going to be great. But the one thing I don't want to do two things. I don't want to skydive because I've got a heights problem. So I'm hoping I don't get any of the heights and I don't want to do the eating challenge.
Speaker 3: And now you're not going to be able to avoid both well, which is the worst.
Speaker 1: Hear mere. I can avoid the eating challenges if you guys are voting for me on the right days, because I think what they do is say, like, who do you want to see in an eating challenge? And you you have to vote, So.
Speaker 2: Don't you fucking vote for me? Life, don't you vote for me? Part of me is like do we I won't see it.
Speaker 3: For the content.
Speaker 2: If you're like I don't want any drama and I don't want any challenges, I'm like, sorry, pal.
Speaker 3: Because you eat that zebra poop?
Speaker 2: Well, because no, because what it means, seriously, what it means is that you're always in the lowest amount of votes to go out each week as well.
Speaker 1: So it's like, that's how it works. The whole show is based purely on public vote. If you don't get enough votes, you're the person that leaves that week, and it just goes like that until the end. The person with the most votes wins the entire thing. Now, obviously, guys, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. I want to win.
Speaker 2: No, But I think it's this is so interesting to me because I always thought it was rigged, right, Like I believed that I'm a celebrity is reached. So there's two things that came as a surprise to me. I thought it was rigged. It's absolutely not, because it has to go through the same sort of like advisory board that lotto goes through, So it is commos.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's money for charity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so in Australia because because once you have a monetary amount that's attached to it, there's rules and regulations around how you can conduct what's called like prize winnings, and so it goes against everything I thought. But that was like my thing that I learned and I was like, oh my god, that's so interesting and britt your charity is so beautiful. I'm so proud of you for choosing who you chose. So that's what this whole premise is.
Speaker 1: In case you've never watched, it is like you don't as the celebrity, which I hate even using that term.
Speaker 2: Even though every year people are like who and you know what?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the other thing. When I get announced, I mean like when the people post more shit, people are gonna be like who is that?
Speaker 3: This is when I need you, guys. Your life is to band together and be like, oh that's Brittany, she's a podcast.
Speaker 1: We love her.
Speaker 3: I like the office like the most rogue comment wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, why are you both against me? Challenge this right, the most who not for me? Can you fuck it?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: This is not just about you, britt, This is about all of the No, this is about me. Okay, I'm sharing this one. I challenge you, right, the most random fact you know about Brittany. When people say the most random who is she? You need to write the most random fact that you can think of about britt and put it underneath. I don't want people to be like, oh, she's from life on cut podcast. I want people to be like, well, I want people be like, oh, she's the chicken's really into chicken nugget, dinosaur chicken nuggets, whatever, you know.
Speaker 3: I want like, the most random thing you know.
Speaker 1: About her after all my life achievements. That's what pops to your head. Yeah, when you need to describe me, it's my chicken dinosaur nuggets.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's so sad also that you change your hairs so often that I can't keep up.
Speaker 3: But anyway, let's get back to the charity.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that is a premise, right, Like, you don't as the celebrity win money at the end. That's not what it is. You don't win a dollar, but your charity does. I think it's one hundred thousand dollars. You guys know. Over the last four to five years on this podcast, it has been very important for us to highlight women and to speak about domestic violence. From tempted murder from a partner. We've spoken to a woman whose sister was murdered in her relationship. We've spoken to somebody that survived on a killings. We've spoken to Jess Hill who was heavily involved in making coersive control illegal. We have tried to cover so many different aspects of domestic violence because the fact is it is so prevalent in Australia, and that is why I chose a charity called Rise Up, which basically helps families as a whole. So it's not just women, it's families and children, but it's predominantly women because we know that that's who it affects. They help them leave these situations and do whatever they can to help them start fresh, and that's a range of different things. Some of them will be set up in new accommodation, some of them will be giving a cash advance, some of them will be just given things that they need like clothing and appliances, well, just.
Speaker 2: The support network to be able to leave a poor relationship rise up. That's what I'm going into the jungle to be eating eyeballs and and stuff for. Hopefully I'm there at the end and we can hand over a huge amount of money. This is an area of which we have spoken about so deeply on the podcast and it also is just part of the fiber of what is DNA. Both of us we have spoken about personal reasons as to why we care about this space, but also it is just something that is not going away in the Australian landscape. It is something that you think male violence against women, how is in today's world in twenty twenty four. It's something that is as prevalent as it is. But every week there is stories about this and so this is an organization that helps women leave some of the hardest situations to do so. And I are like, if anything, if you don't want to vote for Britt for the child, just vote for her because she's doing good things for a charity that's amazing. Moving on from the charity aspect of the show, which is obviously one of the most important things. The reality is that you're going into the jungle and you're going to be doing all of the fucking wild stuff that you have to do. In terms of the things that you can take, like, I want to know about the logistics of it and how it works, Like what do you get to take with you inside? What do you get to like, because you get given a list of the stuff that is and isn't okay to take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you literally, I'm not exaggerating. The packing list is hilarious because there's nothing on it. You don't take anything. You get given your uniforms, like that you're wearing there, those terrible cargo shorts and that shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're allowed to.
Speaker 1: Take six pairs of undies and six like bralettes or whatever you want to choose, Like a sports bor I might try and smuggle in some extra undies and then a few pairs of swimmers, two or three pairs of swimmers.
Speaker 3: LL that's it.
Speaker 1: But then that is literally it. They provide you with everything.
Speaker 2: So then in terms of contrabands, every year people snick stuff in and like you, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Do you shove it up inside your side?
Speaker 2: Do you shelving like lollies.
Speaker 1: Guys, I feel bad if I.
Speaker 2: Put this on here they can't seart you down, so you've got to pack it onto your body.
Speaker 3: But like, what do you want to take it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What would be your.
Speaker 1: Espresso machine strapped to my stomach?
Speaker 3: What were you trying to hate?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've been thinking about that because I need to go this afternoon to get it. I need to get some masking.
Speaker 3: Tape, super glue, chocolate.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking not coffee because that's silly because you can't have it for the rest of the time in there anyway. So maybe like a hot chocolate or something sweet, maybe some like but you want a few, right because you don't want to go in and not have any for anyone else.
Speaker 3: You can't go in make friends the dealer. You gotta be a dealer. Do you think anyone's gonna want to have it?
Speaker 2: Snakes alive after you've pulled it out of your vagina and people would pay for that?
Speaker 3: Giving yourself that's your top, donar.
Speaker 4: Do you guys remember how Shade worn after he went on he had the condition that he was allowed to smoke in the jungle, and after that they were like no more.
Speaker 3: He was even special privileges because he's Shane warn.
Speaker 1: Well, so Kerry and Kennelly was allowed to take her home makeup bagging. I think the big dogs are allowed to know I'm not big enough. I have got no negotiation skills.
Speaker 2: You didn't try and negotiate anything I did. They said, no, do you know what I tried to negotiate? This is how sad it is. I was like, guys, I need to take a hair brush. I was like, because I have hair extensions, I can't go in without a hair brush or my head will get not and you'll have to shave my hand.
Speaker 1: You know what. The fuckers said, shave it. Oh that'd be great content.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, Britt, we will man the four while you were gone. And also, I'm so excited for you. It's so fun doing these things that put you so far outside your comfort zone, that make you kind of like just like saying yes to stuff. It's where really cool new things happen. And you know, and I say this from going back to like Bachelor days, saying yes to doing the Bachelor changed our lives forever, you know. Saying yes to quitting my job and starting Tony May changed my life forever.
Speaker 1: I also just really want to go to South Africa.
Speaker 3: It's just really but it's also really cool.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes, you know, you get big opportunities in life, and it's so easy to say no to things because there's other reasons and things that come up. But I mean us even doing this podcast, like you saying yes to this is something that is admirable.
Speaker 3: I'm so fucking excited for you. I can't wait to laugh at you on TV.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I think I'm the most excited for is the fact that we get to see the real version of bread like every day on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Will you get to see the version that you hear on the podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And like, well you're a loser and it's great and we know, but you're gonna be a winner.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to lose please Yeah maybe winner.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But what I mean by that is, like I said this to you the other day, because sometimes I think people look at your social media and they think that you're you're perfect, they think that you're this perfect. This is also an opportunity for the Australian public not to sound like a winker, but to see the version of you that we get to see every day and that's really cool and I'm really excited for you. So just be exactly the version of yourself that we get to see because we love you.
Speaker 1: And if there's every time I need you, guys, it's now, let's make you the queen of the jungle.
Speaker 3: We can do it.
Speaker 2: I believe in our life is we can make you queen of the I literally need to go, so let's get.
Speaker 3: This episode going. All right, let's answer your questions.
Speaker 2: But before we do that, we've got vibe and unsubscribed. Baby, what's your vibe of the week?
Speaker 1: Watch my vibe, guys, I'm sticking to it. My vibe is watch I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here. It's starting Sunday this Sunday, the twenty fourth. I think it's probably on at seven thirty, but like, that is my vibe. Please watch the show. It is on channel ten. In case you didn't know, and now you do.
Speaker 3: Keisha, what is your vibe for the week.
Speaker 4: My vibe for the week is potentially a little bit niche, but it does cross over into two territories.
Speaker 3: As I have learned.
Speaker 4: If you're the type of person who wears teeth, retainers, you know, those plastic ones in Visiline is the main company, but there are a bunch of other ones. I have them and I wear them to kind of keep my teeth straight straight ye maintenance phase. They get scummy and gross over time. So I ended up investing in this thing. It's called a Zimmer dental Pod. It's Zima and.
Speaker 3: It's ultrasonic cleaning.
Speaker 4: And so look, they're not cheap. It's one hundred and fifty bucks. They do not give discount codes. I tried really hard to find one. But basically, you whack them in, they're like aesthetically quite nice.
Speaker 3: You put a bit of water in.
Speaker 4: You can also put a dental pod tablet in and you press the button and it essentially vibrates heaps and it cleans your teeth plates.
Speaker 3: Do you really really?
Speaker 2: The worst thing about having those so I used to have himisil Line and then I stopped using my maintenance plate is how funky they smell.
Speaker 3: There's nothing less sexy.
Speaker 2: This is Matt every time we're about to get it on, because he'll put his britainner and then he'll get into bed and then we're like, I'll know that.
Speaker 3: It it's sexy time.
Speaker 2: If he's like, that's it, that's our foreplay, Matt ripping those stinky retainers out of his rank.
Speaker 3: But that's what you.
Speaker 2: Do, right if you If you haven't, no, he does. He puts him in that sterident stuff like that cleans dents. But if he has cleans, he like, he's in bed and we haven't thought, oh, tonight's the night and he's like, oh fuck, you call me off guard and you're getting a little bit hot and heavy, and then he has to slop those things out of his mouth.
Speaker 4: Well, anyway, if you don't want Matt to have any gross ones, we'll get him as ibidential pod because I've also learned they double.
Speaker 3: As jewelry cleaners. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't know if I would recommend that. Oh yeah, ultrasny cleaning does. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's an ultrasunny little cleaner. So I've put my Like you're like, I don't know, I recommend that, Laura.
Speaker 3: This is me telling you.
Speaker 4: I have put my twenty May rings in plenty of times and they are going great.
Speaker 2: Just don't put any products or chemicals in there with it, and then that's okay, all right. I have a recommendation today It is a documentary that I watched on the weekend. It is not a new documentary though, so I just want to make that known because it came out in twenty nineteen, but I did not hear about it in twenty nineteen, and Matt brought it up the other day and was like, I'd be really interested in watching this. And it is called One Child Nation. It's an American horror documentary.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I say that because it documents the one child policy from China and the realities behind how that was mandated. It is truly horrific. This is not light viewing for anybody, especially if you are pregnant, or if you have been through pregnancy loss.
Speaker 1: Or even just for anyone. It's really hard.
Speaker 3: It is not light viewing whatsoever.
Speaker 2: But it is incredibly, incredibly interesting, and I also think it really lifts the veil on a policy that I think from the outset and from a Western culture, we don't understand how it would have been easy to maintain. And you know, there was a lot of conversation around there being finds that people would have been subjected to if they were to have more than one child. But this goes into the immense cover up and the propaganda and also child in fanticide that occurred, forced abortion, forced sterilization of women, and it is a very comprehensive documentary. Basically, it is a Chinese woman who has left she's had her child in China. She goes back and she's interviewing midwives, she's interviewing her own family members some of the atrocities that they did in order to maintain.
Speaker 3: A one child policy.
Speaker 2: And I don't recommend this because I think it's something that you're gonna watch and you're gonna be like, oh wow, that was you know, it is truly horrific. But like I said, the way that this documentary has done is an incredible story to watch that will be news to most people who view it. I don't think most people understand what happened during that period, and it was so recent. The one child policy was so incredibly recent, and it's been lifted now and people are being recommended to have two children because of the aging population. So the issue that's happening in China now is that it is yeah that the population is aging, and it is predominantly men. Because at the time, nobody wanted to have a daughter as their only child, which means that now there is an overpopulation of men in China, there's not enough women, and that population is getting older, so they're going to be in for a situation where there's a complete reverse in what was happening twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that is on Amazon Primes on Prime Video if you do want to watch it, and it's called One Child Nation.
Speaker 3: Let's get into the questions question number one. Last month, my family and I were at the beach.
Speaker 2: This is such okay, well no, we said, there's no dumb questions, but this one is a little bit dumb. We set up our cool kabana and three beach chairs. We were there for a few hours, but decided we wanted to have lunch, packed up our beach towels, but just left the cabana and the beach chairs underneath it. A few hours later we returned and a whole family was sitting under our cabana on our beach chairs. They had their rash shirts all hung up over our cabana. We said, what are you doing here and they said they asked people nearby if anyone owned it, and when they said that they hadn't seen anyone using it for a while, they thought it.
Speaker 3: Was okay for them to use.
Speaker 2: When I asked them to leave, the mum rolled her eyes at me, and only the young boy apologized. When I told my friend about this, she said that they had every right to use our cabana and the beach chairs. This isn't correct beach etiquette, is it.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: No, I disagree.
Speaker 1: Sorry, You're at a beach and there is a very expensive cool cabana and beach chairs and towels.
Speaker 2: And someone says they took the towels with them, just chairs and a cabana.
Speaker 1: Okay, set up, Okay, different story than Laura.
Speaker 3: So there's a beach club, there's a cool cabana and.
Speaker 1: His beach chairs, expensive at the beach, and somebody says, excuse me, does anybody own this? No? No, it floated down and sat there on its own. Yes, someone owns it. They're probably swimming because they're at the beach. Oh, I haven't seen them in a while, because they're doing beach things. They're playing with their kids, they're in the ocean, they're getting an ice cream, they're having lunch. Whatever.
Speaker 2: No, you're incorrectly Brittany, I am.
Speaker 1: Don't you are?
Speaker 3: You're incorrect.
Speaker 2: The reason for this is that there's nothing else there that indicated that people were around.
Speaker 3: There was no bag, there's no towel.
Speaker 1: Have to be it's their personal belonging. I know.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to go away for three hours and have lunch, she said, you've gone for hours hours and just leave a couple of chairs and a cool cabana.
Speaker 1: Let the family seek some shade.
Speaker 3: You're not using it.
Speaker 2: It's just a chair and a cool cabana. Like I would feel differently if it was a towel. I would feel differently.
Speaker 3: If these people dressed in your clothes, you wouldn't.
Speaker 1: But if, like Nora, if you went to the beach and you put your beach chairs, I would never.
Speaker 3: Leave my cool cabana at a beach for three hours.
Speaker 1: Yes you would unattended. Yes, you would go and play with the girls in the pool all the time for hours. You get ice creams, you walk your kids. Don't just go and sit and kick back and relax under a cool cabana.
Speaker 3: I strong disagree.
Speaker 2: I have never been to the beach with children where I have left my belongings for hours at the beach.
Speaker 3: That doesn't and that doesn't happen. So we're underneath the cook.
Speaker 1: There's not a time limit on your belongings. There's no one policing that. You're like, they're two hour limits. Up. I'm taking I'm taking the.
Speaker 3: Kab I'm saying you can't take it.
Speaker 2: I'm saying if they were like my cabana got stoll and I'd be like, that's a bit rich.
Speaker 1: They moved in, they hung up a washing line and put their clothes on there. They were like drying. They're squatting. I think they.
Speaker 2: I would think, what's the time limitation on squorting someone's gool cabana?
Speaker 3: I think it is. I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 2: I think if there is a shade at the beach and no one is using it at all, God, oh.
Speaker 1: No, what is wrong with you? If you need to seek shade, bring your own fucking cool cabana and your own umbrella. You don't just get to go and say I'm going to take this shovel and I'll take this bucket from this girl, I'll take this tower from me.
Speaker 3: That's what happens.
Speaker 1: You don't just go and collect people's belongings to make your little house.
Speaker 3: That's what happens at the beach, though.
Speaker 2: If I go just listen, listen, O my god, let's send Lenda listen.
Speaker 1: Limmy's out there or offended.
Speaker 2: If I go to the beach with my kids and I take all of their shovels and spades and stuff, by the end of the day, I have to fucking walk up and down the beach trying to find all their bits and pieces because every other fucking kid has taken it.
Speaker 1: I always complain about it. You are, ah, yes, you.
Speaker 2: Do, true, But I also steal their stuff. Okay, I'm not saying it's normal. I'm not saying that you should run out and do it. I'm just saying that if I had left all my things at the beach, I'm not saying.
Speaker 3: I would even do it.
Speaker 2: But what I am saying is that if I left my cool obana and three chairs and nothing else at the beach for hours hours, and I came back and a family was using it, I would say, oh, hey, sorry, that's our stuff.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't be like, can you leave?
Speaker 3: How dare you touched my cook obara? You know it's just a shade cloth. Who fucking cares?
Speaker 1: Nah? You're so far removed from what is normal. It's wild. Like the fact that you think that anyone can come, that your personal things belong to anyone on the beach is not normal. People spend eight hours at the beach. That's why they take a cool kabana because they want to be there all day. It's why they take their beach chairs. That's why people take eski's. It's why they've got a piece of string to hang up some clothes. Like that's the whole point. Who's hanging up their clothes? It's not survivor. They did.
Speaker 3: They just hung them over the back of the chair.
Speaker 1: They said that they hung up their shit to dry, like they'd they've settled in. They had their binoculars. They waited till a family left their cool kbarana.
Speaker 2: You know, okay, when she said the woman like I rolled her when she asked her to leave. I think it's probably because you asked her to leave with some tone. You'll probably excuse me, this is my stuff, and you get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yes, like the Three Little bears when they're leaving the bed, get out of my bed. What you can't just move into someone's shit and expect them not to be bit like, hey, sorry, like, what are you doing in Michael Barna? If you if you someone, if you came back to your little setup and there was an entire family that had moved in, you cannot tell me that you wouldn't be likery. Sorry, guys, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Like I come back and say, hey, guys, this is my chair in mac Obarna.
Speaker 1: Which is probably what she did. That's probably what she did, and she got the attitude and eye roll like this family thinks there are squorters they can score anyway. They probably just moved down to Cheryld's cool cabana down the beach, like, get your own cool cabana. I get it. If it's like I get.
Speaker 3: It, Can we say Cookobata one more time?
Speaker 1: It's not even sponsored.
Speaker 2: I know, cook a, buta if you should sponsor this episode, how dare you? They don't even need the sponsorship. Every single motherfucker has one of those in the beach these days. It's just to see a Cookabata. Let's stop saying the name shake cloth. Okay, let's insert shade cloth into every Cookabana. I genuinely this is what I would think, right if I had a cook a Baranna and I came back and there was a mom with a little baby under it, and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, so, I'm so sorry. I was just seeking some shade. I'm like, of course, of course, it's fine. That's not the problem. Like, totally fine. Mike cool, Kbana my shade cloth.
Speaker 2: He's always it's your shade cloth is going to be a castle cloth, your cuss a cloth.
Speaker 1: He shared your shade. Yeah, I think that that's fine. The thing here is the the entitlement this family had to think that it was a free for all, and the audacity they had to roll their eyes when the owner asked them to move. I just the question is, do you think that this is correct beach etiquette.
Speaker 3: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I just genuinely don't. And I think this has going up as a pole anyway.
Speaker 3: That's a question too.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was hectic pole it okay.
Speaker 3: Question number two.
Speaker 1: I had a friendship of ten plus years who was my best friend and had been through everything with me. This friendship ended last year. The friendship in itself got quite toxic towards the end, probably the last few years. I'd say where I found that I wasn't happy in the friendship. And I felt I was stepping on eggshells all the time. So it's definitely a relief that we are no longer friends. However, it's hard not to look back on all the good memories and the good times we had. I feel like I'm literally coming out of a toxic romantic relationship. I know I'm better off without them, but it's still really sad. Now that I'm coming out of this friendship, I find myself looking around at other female friendships and I feel sad. I have friends, but I feel like it's all on that superficial level, and I'm never truly myself the way I was with her. My question is, how do people make good, pure friendships in their twenties.
Speaker 2: I love this question because I think we give so much airtime to romantic relationships. But big female friendship or big friendships of any gender, are the same as going through big romantic relationship breakdowns, right, and they feel the same. Sometimes they feel worse because you don't have any of the tools to figure out, Okay, well, what am I supposed to do here or how am I supposed to feel here?
Speaker 3: The thing about when you lose.
Speaker 2: A big friendship like that a friendship that's taken up so much space in your life, someone who shared so many memories, someone who's like connected with you on so many things. What you can't do is you can't compare your new friendships or your friendships that are quote unquote more superficial to that friendship, because they never ever, ever will stack up.
Speaker 3: The intensity of the connection is never going to.
Speaker 2: Stack up to the friendship that was a decade long, because you spent a decade building that connection, You spent a decade getting to that level of comfortability. It didn't exist when you very very first met each other, and it's not going to exist when you very first meet someone new and start a friendship there either. And we do this in romantic relationships too. We can get out of long term relationships, especially if you're the one broken up with you start dating, and you go nothing compares to them, No one I've meant, nothing I have experienced, compares to that person who you hold up on this pedestal. And it's because, of course, no one's going to compare to the many things that you have invested and shared with them.
Speaker 3: So I think, firstly knowing that this is.
Speaker 2: Very normal and it's a normal part of a friendship and relationship ratedown whatever that relationship is.
Speaker 3: But also you have to give it.
Speaker 2: Time to invest in those In the relationships that you say are superficial, or in the friendship that you say aren't necessarily giving you what your past one did, you have to give it time to allow for those friendships to evolve into that too. And I do think it is a kind of a bit of a balancing act between finding the friends that you have the same or similar chemistry with, but also giving it time and doing things with them that will allow you to get to that place where you feel as though they're your best friend at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I do think it is way harder to make those deep friendships in your twenties and thirties as an adult. It's harder to meet someone that's on your level, and it's harder to find the time to make those connections. It's harder to find the time because you're an adult and adults come with responsibility. Adults come with families, and they come with more of a workload and more pressure and more. I hate to say this, but really serious things happening in people's lives as adults, like you're older, your family's older people are passing away, Like, and I know that sounds really serious, but like it's just different when you're in your teens and your early twenties. Life's different to twenties, thirties, forties. So I have often found that that's probably why I have a small friendship group like Keisha and you, Laura some of my closest friends. And that's because we work together, because we are forced to spend those time together. But a boy, don't look at me like that. I'm sure you wem your weigh in.
Speaker 3: As well, haha.
Speaker 2: But also when you say we're forced to work together, like we came together as friends, you made that sound so grim only friends of you.
Speaker 3: Because we're forced to spend time together.
Speaker 1: I don't mean forced, but like we get to eight hours a day together because we work together, So there's no other relationship in my life that I have eight hours at a time to spend with a person to develop the relationship totally.
Speaker 2: And also, like our situation is very unique because the lines are so blurred because what we share as friends became our work. So we talk about all the life stuff and then that also is.
Speaker 3: Part of our job.
Speaker 2: So it's a very unique situation that most people wouldn't have in their workplaces. I agree with you, Britt, I think it is harder to be able to reach that depth of friendship when you are a little bit older.
Speaker 3: But I definitely don't think that that's impossible.
Speaker 2: There are loads of people who you know, make new friends in their twenties and in their thirties, and those friendships, you know, our sole connections where they feel this, you know, very very deep friendship with that person.
Speaker 3: But you have to make time for it.
Speaker 2: You have to make space for it, and has to be somebody else who also is in a similar time of life who can make time and space for you also. And I guess, knowing that this is your priority, I just think be gentle with yourself in terms of.
Speaker 3: Thinking.
Speaker 2: You know, I look back on this relationship and I think about our friendship that we had, and you're always going to have fondness for it. And I say this because it's from my own experience. One of my closest friends all through school, all through my twenties, we're you know, literally inseparable best friends. And I would have compared our friendship to a romantic relationship in terms of like the intensity of friendship. We spoke all the time, every day, did everything together. We had a big friendship breakdown and it was just before her wedding, and it really ended quite terribly. I'm not sad that she's not a part of my life anymore, because I think that in some way ways it's easier. But I absolutely still think of her in the same way that sometimes I reminisce on, like you know, the really great things of ex relationships that you think about and you go, I can't believe that person was so important to my life and now I never ever get to speak to them. And you never know, maybe in time this person will come back into your life and you will get another opportunity to redo your friendships. Sometimes friendships just need breathing space, especially if they turn toxic.
Speaker 1: But also what you've said is really normal, just to reiterate that like friendships are like relationships, they come and go, and that cliche, Laura, you would have posted it in your quotes era. Friendships are for a season, not a reason like this all.
Speaker 3: No, it's a season, a reason or a lifetime whatever.
Speaker 1: Laura would know.
Speaker 3: Probably Apple never falls fas f. No, it really is a season water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first in best dress. So what you said earlier, Laura is very important that when you are seeking out friendships, it's not imperative and it's not the end of the world, but it goes along way to make sure that the people that you're hanging out with are in your stage of life. Even when you think of like when you're going out in a group of friends, you're all single, you're partying, you're having fun, you have so much time to catch up with each other, and then one of them gets in a relationship and you realize it's not so much harder. They're still around, but not as often because their priorities have shifted. They're in a different stage. So that's the one thing that I want people to keep in mind when you're searching for friendships, because it's a question we get a lot we might want to have friendships in their twenties and thirties and they don't know how to do it.
Speaker 3: But that is like a key part.
Speaker 2: But I do think most people, and I don't want to say most because I want anyone who has an experience this to feel left out, but a lot of people do have a friendship or friendship throughout their lives that are a different level to most friendships. There is that intense friendship which is almost like they are your soulmate. You speak to them all the time. And that's the comparison I made where I'm talking about they almost feel like a romantic relationship, but without the romance. I don't think that those friendships with that level of intensity where you're completely entwined in each other's lives can stay at that level forever. I think that that eventually either something implodes, something turns toxic, or you both move into different stages of life and the friendship mellows in a way that is more manageable, because you simply cannot maintain a friendship of that intensity for forever without anything ever changing. And I think often more often than not, it changes in a healthy way in terms that you aren't like, you know, part of the same DNA. You start to kind of just have other things that are priorities in life, whether that's new relationships, whether that's kids, whether it's work, whatever that looks like for you. But often what can happen in those types of friendships is that for one one person, a new priority has popped up, the other person feels deeply jealous and left out, and that causes a lot of the toxicity as well. So I think it's a very big thing around, like managing friendships, and friendships is such an important relationship that we have in our life, but we don't have anywhere near as many tools to manage them as what we do romantic relationships, and they get so little airtime. The only other thing I want to add to this is you asked how do you make new friends as an adult? We've spoken about these loads. We've spoken about, you know, do new things, trying new hobbies, go do sport, like those types of obvious things that you can do. Recently, we interviewed Ali Walker on an episode on Loneliness and we spoke about this idea of friendship and like how do people make friends in their twenties and their thirties, And she even commented on often the advice is things I do a new sport, open up your circle in order to make new connections. But one thing she mentioned, which I think often gets forgotten, and it was such a great point, is the repetition showing up at the same time doing the same things, so that way you can build those networks. So say it is that you're doing a sport, but you're doing it with the same team, you're doing it on the same day. Because often you might go, Okay, I'll join a gym class, but then the people who are in that gym class are transient. So it's making sure that you are doing the same thing where you're being exposed to the same people, and it's over time that gives you the opportunity to build those deeper connections and to really figure out who you have a connection with and chemistry with.
Speaker 1: Okay, next question. This was a long one. I think it's a good one, and I'm just gonna like summarize it into a nice little package.
Speaker 2: Very short, sharp, cute, sexy, surmise, surmize it.
Speaker 1: Surmise somehow us So long story short, This girl and this boy have men and woman have been together for a little while. His sex drive has been declining. She has noticed, and she's also noticed that on his explore page on his Instagram it was just like shock, a block of bikini's half nude, you know, g strings, very sexy page and like just.
Speaker 3: Use pornhub, why the fuck use instagrams?
Speaker 1: Well, she has said, it's obviously the Explore page gives you what you look at, right, So she's like, I've seen a page of all this sexy shit. I know that obviously that's what it's feeding him, because that's what he's looking at. So she asked him straight up and he admitted that he jacks off to Instagram models. I guess sometimes it models chicks in bikinis on Instagram. That's what he is jacking off to.
Speaker 3: Oh yuck.
Speaker 1: Now, she wants to know if this is a problem or if she's overreacting. I have thoughts and feelings, but you can hear me first, Laura.
Speaker 2: I think if it's a problem to you, it's a problem. If it's affecting your relationship, it's a problem. If it makes you feel insecure, it's a problem. Like all of those things. To me, feel like, yes, it's a problem. My thing with Instagram and the reason why I have way more of an issue with my partner jacking off to chicks on Instagram than I do to them doing it for porn for example.
Speaker 3: And we've spoken about this.
Speaker 2: I know some people are not comfortable with porn and they don't want their partners to use it at all, I don't mind. I feel differently about porn because I feel like it's purpose built for that. The people who are on there know that that's what people are doing with that content. I also feel like the people like it's exactly that it's purpose built. On Instagram, it's different for a couple of reasons. One, it feels exploitive of the women who are on Instagram, the fact that there's some Dudeeney's bedroom jack and off, which that wasn't the purpose of it being posted.
Speaker 3: But the other part of this is, and.
Speaker 2: The thing that I think is the bigger issue, is that women on Instagram, especially like influencers, girls in bikinis, whatever, they are also accessible people, do you know what I mean? And actually maybe that's not the bigger issue, but it's something that would make me feel insecure.
Speaker 3: They're accessible people, you know.
Speaker 2: And I remember a girlfriend of mine telling me that her boyfriend was really like looking at this one girl's Instagram a lot, and she was an influencer and she's like, but the reason why I have an issue with this is because she lives in the same suburb. Like we've seen her at the beach. She's not this like unattainable. You know, angela white person on YouTube or on porn or whatever. She's like, this is someone who is accessible to him. And so it feels weird to me that that's where he shooting me.
Speaker 3: Shot hah literally.
Speaker 2: But also I think in general, and this goes beyond Instagram, if someone is masturbating so much, that's causing an issue you in your sex life, in your relationship, regardless of what the content is. That is a reason to be upset. It's impacting your relationship. And how did he respond when you said that you were upset? You know, when you said that this is something that hurts me, and you're like, am I overreacting? He first lied about it, Okay, did he make you feel like you were overreacting?
Speaker 3: Did he gaslight you?
Speaker 2: Here's response and the way that he deals with that information and deals with your feelings of hurt says a lot about him, more so than it says about your reaction to the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so some extra information there. They're twenty five and twenty seven. They both still live at their respective family homes. They're going to move out next year, but she said she only tries to initiate sex as it is once a week, because that's just their situation, and it's still a problem. So one hundred percent, the problem isn't even just that it's Instagram women. The problem is that he is preferring and prioritizing masturbation through the week to things that are on a screen as a posed to putting that effort and time and energy into relation and come into your relationship, into you. Yeah, so that is the issue here. I don't have a problem with my partner masturbating at all. I mean, even if I lived with him, right, Like, I know, I'm in a long distance relationship, so it's different. I don't have a problem with him doing that. He's going to need to do that. But even if I lived with them, I don't have a problem if they want to do that, if it doesn't affect our relationship, Like I don't even want to know about it, to be honest, I don't care. I'm like, as long as I still feel like I'm getting what I need and that intimacy and the chemistry and.
Speaker 2: The excitement or whatever is still there.
Speaker 1: But when you're not living together in your relationship and you're only seeing each other once a week, if they are still not wanting to have sex and you do want to have sex, then that is the problem. He is not meeting your needs and you need to figure out why is he not meeting your needs because he's masturbating too much, or is he not meeting your needs for a different reason. You guys are not connecting on some level. Has he got other things going on? Because it might not be like men can masturbate and still have sex. One doesn't have to cancel out the other. So I would be trying to find out the exact reason why he feels like he doesn't want to be with you in that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so glad you said that, Britt, because there's definitely a few ways to split this question. I think the very obvious place to go to, and it's where everyone kind of thinks originally, is like, oh, well, he's looking at these girls on Instagram. He's a bad guy, and therefore it's affecting your relationship and he's not having sex with you, And it's just that he is the problem and the Instagram's the problem. There may be other bigger issues in your relationship, and yes, he is going to Instagram and looking at models in order to pleasures and does But no, everyone doesn't necessarily do that. But what I mean is is that that might not be what the bigger issue is in your relationship and the intimacy. It could be caused by him masturbating too much and then not wanting to have sex with you, but there also could be something else that's the reason why he's not wanting to. So it's really having some very important conversations around why is his sex strive so low when it comes to being with you verse why does he feel as though he wants to prioritize pleasuring himself rather than prioritizing your relationship. There are big questions, and there could be very different reasons to the ones that seem so obvious to us at the moment. But just going back to this idea of like dating a guy who uses Instagram as a channel for following hot chicks. It's pretty juvenile and it feels pretty gross, Like if that's his only if that's his.
Speaker 3: Entire explore page is chicks in bikinis.
Speaker 1: I would want to yours, open yours right now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's one hundred percent plants. It is so many plants. But if that's his entire, entire Instagram feed. Is that Instagram algorithm is saying, Oh, this guy just wants to look at chicks in bikinis. I would feel like that really sort of shows the quality of the person, like that, that's what he is on his mind, that's what his interests are, and it would make me question him as you know, as a whole. So and I don't want to go too deep because we know, at the end of the day is just Instagram. But but it is not normal for your partner's Instagram to be ninety percent chicks in long bikinis.
Speaker 3: It's just not I.
Speaker 1: Don't have one. I just opened my Explore page. I didn't have one male on my explore page. My exploor page is Taylor Swift, Margot, Robbie Fashion, a bit of tennis and that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, I okay, my Explore page is brit I'm not joking. Plant plant, plant, plant, jewelry, plants, paintings, plants, more jewelry, says a lot about us. More jewelry, more jewelry, self help. One chicken a bikini and she's a mum, hold and a baby. But the other thing I want to say on this is that some people might think that this is normal because it's normal to them, Like they open their boyfriend's phone and it's just chicks in bikinis, and that's become normal, and you think, oh, that's what all guys phones are. Like I guarantee you that I open Matt's phone and I look at his explore page and there is hardly any.
Speaker 3: Chicks in bikini. Let's do that.
Speaker 1: Let's go and make Ben and Matt show us export page. Take screenshot and see what it is.
Speaker 2: Everyone and as Yeah, go and get your partner's phone and look at their explore page, because it does give you an indication.
Speaker 1: We're starting fights over nothing. Don't do that, go and fight your husband. It's not healthy. Don't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's in produced.
Speaker 1: She's looking at hers now.
Speaker 2: She It is true, he can look up whatever he wants, but I don't know. It does make me question if you're using Instagram for that sole purpose of perving on other chicks. For most people, there is a line as to how appropriate versus inappropriate that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm definitely happy for Ben to look at chicks I think is healthy, because I know it doesn't affect our relationship. Yeah, I'm never going to say it like I follow hot dudes reading on trains. That's hot. It's like my favorite page.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a plethora of that's what it's masturbating to.
Speaker 1: Yes, anyway, well that.
Speaker 3: Is it from us, guys.
Speaker 2: We've answered your questions for the very last time we have it. Yes, you guys will still be answering questions, but I am out of here. I'm heading into the South African jungle for I'm a celebrity giving out of here either, I know, I actually am.
Speaker 3: I refuse to. I'll see you here on Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you will see me, but on the TV, which is so it's gonna be so weird. It's like the Truman Show, right, like you're locked in a little bubble and everyone just gets to watch on.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for them to get some video of you. Just like picking your.
Speaker 1: Nose really grow you gonna wedgy out?
Speaker 3: That's fine. Wedgies are fine, but nose picking is a bit gross.
Speaker 1: On National team, I have seen a lot of past contestants pick their noses because you just live day to day and like you get stuff up there. You've got to get them out. You've got no tissues. I would We're gonna do.
Speaker 2: It because I have particularly block sinuses, but I'm always picking my nose sponsor anyway, guys, that is it from us. We will be reminding you. Keisha and I will be taking over. We will be holding down the Fort White Brits away, and we'll be reminding you to please vote for our beloved Queen Brittany.
Speaker 3: And even if you suck and you do not win, you're still a queen toss.
Speaker 1: Yeap, You're gonna be hearing a lot of jungle content. Well, I'm gone please watch love you guys. I'm gonna miss you all. I'm genuinely gonna miss you all so much. I'm gonna miss doing the podcast, but I'm gonna be busy eating ship probably.
Speaker 2: And if you have any questions for Keisha and I to answer, please slide into the DMS at Life on Cup podcast. You can also share it with a friend. Do us a solid, leave us a review, and you know.
Speaker 1: The drill, to your mum, to your dad, tell you dog, tell your friends, and share the love. Because we love love. Votes for me Swipe up