Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast. Patsy, what are you into this week? Form?
Speaker 2: Over my holidays, Christian, I caught up with some much needed viewing and one thing we got into was man versus b.
Speaker 1: Oh is he mister Bean?
Speaker 2: You know what I would liken it to. It's like mister Bean meets Looney Tunes cartoons. It's so cute, little episodes ten to fifteen minutes. We just smashed it out in one afternoon. It's gorgeous. He's a house guest and he declares war on this bee and.
Speaker 1: It's a cartoon. No, No, it's not, No, it's real life.
Speaker 3: It amazing physical performers.
Speaker 2: Very funny. There's a very funny scene with a doggy door and it actually it's sort of it's a bit of heartbreaking, sort of three quarters of the way through.
Speaker 4: Because you realize gets him.
Speaker 3: He's allergic, hectic shot, no, and he's not that dissimilar to mister B.
Speaker 2: It's very heartwarming.
Speaker 4: I'm getting between mister B and mister B.
Speaker 1: I think someone else.
Speaker 2: The other thing. And we're not new to this, this is not breaking news, but hacks. We finally got into hack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't it great?
Speaker 2: I loved it so de Cris.
Speaker 1: They're both so good, the whole clast, what a great show.
Speaker 2: She's brilliant and so first two seasons absolutely smashed that love. You know, each each episode was like a little mini movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because only like twenty two twenty three minutes and they're brilliantly done.
Speaker 1: That's really really funny. Yeah, Hacks is on stand very good.
Speaker 2: Jean smart, she's brilliant. So I think there's a third series they've benound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Jackie Boye, what are you into this week?
Speaker 4: I've been to the shops, as you know, I'm looking after myself. My wife isn't here, so I've been shopping.
Speaker 1: Sixteen thirty something. I've been looking after my sound.
Speaker 4: And why everybody's out there complaining about let us as being ten dollars and over right? Nobody stopped to say, but hey, there's some good fruits and vegetables here. Avocados are one dollar. Have you guys noticed this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, wow, Well, avocados used to be the thing we used to joke about being so expensive. Oh you're having avocado and toast. You can't afford a house one dollar per avocado.
Speaker 1: Yes, please shovel thumbs up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, breadbare you're home alone this week, right, you've got more time than any of us. I thought you'd been like seeing movies, TV shows. You come in doing some box standards. Three A W castle about the price of avocado.
Speaker 4: Avocado, Come on, I've got other stuff as well. I just thought lead with that.
Speaker 1: Please don't avocados.
Speaker 4: Well, I actually thought that would be a winner on three W. The next one is I have been watching TV. I watched The Staircase pats a few weeks.
Speaker 1: You know he's going back at your remail talking about mister b.
Speaker 4: I actually really liked it.
Speaker 2: It's good, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I heard it first time from Patsy just literally a couple of fridays ago.
Speaker 2: Tony is up for an a war.
Speaker 1: All right, one more?
Speaker 2: Can I just interjet I strongly recommend you look at the French documentary of that if you like the Staircase. Yeah, yeah, you're not.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: I get the idea.
Speaker 1: Now he's done with the staircase.
Speaker 4: There's only so many falling down the stairs you can handle about.
Speaker 3: Tell you, what about those avocados I heard on the radio the other day?
Speaker 2: What if you're offering for the third one.
Speaker 4: The last one is a book that I read that I absolutely loved. John crack Hour Into thin.
Speaker 1: Air amazing story story. Oh man.
Speaker 4: He goes up Everest in nineteen ninety six and it becomes the single worst season on Everest ever. Everyone gets caught in a storm. He is one of the few people that makes it out alive. And he was a journalist writing a story about Everest and turned it into a book, Into thin Air.
Speaker 1: Did he become a movie as well? It did?
Speaker 4: I watched it last night. Actually Everest the movie good. Jake Gyllenhall and Kira Knightley's in it. But she's putting on a new ceiling accent because lots of the climates in New Zealand, And I did know that. Didn't that annoyed me?
Speaker 1: It's rare.
Speaker 3: It's rare that you see a big movie that requires a key we accent.
Speaker 1: Actually too fair, isn't it? So? I guess they don't have a lot of practice today.
Speaker 4: Kiwi accidents already funny when done by a native Kiwi Kieran and Artley doing one, and also too silly stick.
Speaker 1: She's not the most versatile. She seems quite Wooden heard that I wouldn't her, but not watery.
Speaker 4: Com but not something serious mountain. She is in love with her husband on the mountain, but it's not a wrong come. He sadly doesn't make it back.
Speaker 1: Forget the movie, but read the book.
Speaker 4: The book book is amazing. Interthin Air John Crackow.
Speaker 1: I want to reading it. You know what I do have a kind of have a conduct.
Speaker 3: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Double thumbs up for me new show on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 3: Uh. For a best selling series of books. It's called Terminal list. You must have seen this everywhere for this Chris pat stars and this it is really really really good thriller. Yeah, it's called Terminal You would love it.
Speaker 4: What's he doing?
Speaker 1: And you've heard this story million times.
Speaker 3: He's ex Special Forces, his family get wiped out, his platoona get wiped out feels very familiar.
Speaker 4: He's got a specific set of skills.
Speaker 1: You've got it.
Speaker 3: These kind of things are like a sweet spot for me, someone seeking vengeance special Forces. I'm like, don't worry about anyone backstory. I'm there and that it is really really good. Also, if you're into a book at the moment read a couple while we were off on our break. This Time Tomorrow by Emma Straub one of the most enjoyable books I've read in the last couple of years. I will warn you it is a time traveling book, but it is brilliant and really funny.
Speaker 1: She hits forty.
Speaker 3: She wakes up in her forty year old mind, but in her sixteen year old bedroom.
Speaker 1: He's going back and forth.
Speaker 2: Dad Jennifer Ghana movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, movie that is thirteen going on thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it is a bit like that. But her dad is dying. She keeps going back to when he was healthier to make him to make small changes to his life. And does it work out. Read the book It's time to my It's really right. Honestly, it's really funny, very moving. It does make you think as well about getting older as well. It's a great book. I loved it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, when he said time traveling, I thought dinosaurs and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: No, there's no dinosaurs in this one. She just goes back to the eighties. And then on Netflix two great stand ups.
Speaker 3: Bill Burr's got a brand new big Special Aur and a half drop this week Live but read rot. That's very very good Dave Chappelle. It's not a full special, it's him accepting a big award. It's only about eighteen minutes long. That guy is not just a master of comedy, just of how he tells a story. And I won't ruin it for you, but the eighteen minutes it's literally just an acceptance speech. What's on YouTube, It's on Netflix. They're doing anything with Dave Chappelle. Even an accepted speech is better than most stand up specials.
Speaker 1: Him doing his acceptance speech is incredible. It's really really moving. I think he's one of the very best Dave Chapelle. Christian no Connell's Show podcast