Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast Showtime.
Speaker 2: I didn't think we've died this long, No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you get a tea back. You get a tea back.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one four point three, Show one and forty two.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's Show. Good Morning, Patty.
Speaker 2: Morning, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 5: Hi guys.
Speaker 3: Good Let me ask you guys. Let me take you back to your foremals. So this Friday, we've got our youngest daughter. This will be the last kid going through foremals formals for every parent is it's a mixed bag. It's a beautiful moment and a couple of hours. So we go and join Lois round a friend's house where we hosted last year for Ruby two years ago. Sorry with Ruby. And so this Friday is some friends of ours are hosting it. So mums and dad's all go around. Mums will get the photos, girls will get ready together, then we have some drinks, we wave them off from the limo together and then unfortunately there's the other bit of the evening when then they come home at midnight, there's a costume change and wait, so you go to bed now, No, they're off to the after party. And then I said to my daughter Lowis, yes, I said, okay, so do you need me to pick you up? She was like no, we'll probably just get ubers. And I'm like, I don't mind, just I'll pick you up. Where is it somewhere in Sint Kilda? And I said to her, oh my god, you're gonna have to patrol the No, there's no sleep now somewhere in Sint Kilda. The heart stops at the thought. And then then get this right, Obviously, kids and teenagers of that age seventeen, you think they're very smart. Amazon delivery arrives yesterday in my name and I open up and it's a pink hip flask all right, And I'm.
Speaker 5: Thinking, now, you do order some stupid things, but even you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Make it diamonte cheap one like coming off glitter on my hands, going I've been drinking the last month, so I haven't been drunk online buying crap again. Otherwise I could easily this could be me a pink flows to have during the show. I don't know, this isn't mine, I thought formal so Lois comes home from school yesterday, I'm doing that thing? How school? She goes straight away, she goes, what's up? What's happened? Am I in trouble? And I just handled the hip floss? She went, Oh, yeah, I went, do we need to? Because no, everyone does it. I'm just going to strap it to my body and taken it. Went, that's not happening. So do you not like a James Bond feen for Talra? There's booze there, We've taking some beforehand. There's booze. There's booze at the after party. There's no reasons booze. Are we boozing the livo? No boz. I'm keeping this pink hip floss. I've got it now. I might take it to the King's Birthday game next Monday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. What do you remember from your formal Patsy? Oh?
Speaker 2: What do I remember from my Do.
Speaker 3: You smuggle boozing? No?
Speaker 6: We were very very square at our school. We were our teachers were like vigilant. They were right onto us, probably because of the years of the dead Balls a couple of years earlier and the mayhem that they caused. So they were right onto a year twelve, so we had to. But those of us who were eighteen, of which I was one, we could all go up to the nightclubs after we were finished because we were of age.
Speaker 5: How many nightclubs in Wangara?
Speaker 3: Nightclubs? New York there was on the Strip which was a sphere.
Speaker 5: The regional city that never sleeps.
Speaker 3: Wait, Jack, there was three? Can you imagine what they must have been like? Were they just barns someone turning a light.
Speaker 2: On days and lights and stuff?
Speaker 5: But there was the mirror ball in the middle of the bar.
Speaker 6: There was a pinno, the Northough and the Grand Central, which is where I met a few months later. Which one at the Grand Central after a radio station Christmas party saw the love God?
Speaker 3: What was Chris? There? Was you listening? Won a prize?
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't a prize.
Speaker 3: Pig kissing.
Speaker 6: He was meant to go camping with his mates actually, and decided not to go so the pub instead.
Speaker 5: Sliding doors moment, wasn't it?
Speaker 7: Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And what was going on? What radios? Were you doing like a ob there? What was happening?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, we'd had our Christmas party over the ride at a restaurant over the ride and everyone said, yeah, let's go there.
Speaker 3: God and also Patsy Christmas parties back in the day for radio stations carnage. I've seen people ruin their careers and those places just drinking too much, hooking up with people they're definitely not married to. Even this place has that email about how to behave that goes around, an actual email. What kind of world are we in where people the men have to be an email goes telling you how to behave, be decent, to be decent, don't touch anyone that you shouldn't be touching, and don't stay out too late, and actually email goes round for hour.
Speaker 5: How are you twelve?
Speaker 3: Formal?
Speaker 5: It was much later in the year and they linked it to the end of year exams to say, if you misbehave at the formal, you won't be able to see your exams at the school.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know why they don't do that. It feels like it's really early now. The formal says Friday Lewis has got all the exams in a couple months time. Now she's doing ongoing assessments of that. They don't need like a three day hangover and also widely kids of that a certainly nature. They don't need an after party. What is this the oscars?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show. Every day this week thanks to Smile Solutions Transport Transform your Smile with the specialists that Smile Solutions, located in the beautiful iconic Manchester Unity Building. You get one thousand dollars a day by working out the song in filling in the name off, filling in the name of. So Jack has gone along to Smile Solutions. He's trying to do a song in the chair. You've got to work out what the song is. Let's play the power acting.
Speaker 1: Hey, Janet, how's it going good?
Speaker 9: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Are you good? Thanks? Let's have a look.
Speaker 2: So what's your favorite song?
Speaker 10: Oh? Very fall wait here her home well, her hair film foul, her wife a wolf who while.
Speaker 5: Of falter for her her whole? Any home?
Speaker 3: It actually sounds like it hurts. You wouldn't have to do those? Did it actually hurt to do that?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: No, I was very comfortable.
Speaker 3: All right if you guessed the song, give us a call now nine four one four one oh four three first person with her answer wins one thousand dollars thanks to Smile Solutions.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Every of this week, thanks to Smile Solutions, you can win a thousand dollars in cash. Transform your smile with the team of Smile Solutions. In the iconic Majesty Unity Building, we sent Jack Aline. You're gonna try and work out what the song is. You're trying to sing in the dentist's chair.
Speaker 12: Oh quite.
Speaker 10: Quite fuller, wait here home man, her hair, film, foul, her wife, work a wolf, work for while falk he whall but anyway he.
Speaker 5: Hold home?
Speaker 3: Wayne, come on and Wayne, come on Wayne, what do you think the song is? Mate? And you can win one thousand dollars in cash, time of your life. Wow done Wayne in this morning's winner.
Speaker 8: Perfect may one a morning beautiful.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, that's our pleasure. And Wayne, what do you do? Are you on your way to work right now?
Speaker 13: Work?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 12: I wait for event portables Melbourne tell us that for a plug.
Speaker 3: Very impressive, very very good play. Wayne. You won you one thousand dollars, mate, Well.
Speaker 1: Done, awesome, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: It mean he sounds like he's in the dentist's chair with you, the one that Wayne's talking there, Wayne's this Morning's when another chance to wine morning on the show. Let's play Green Day, Timmy your life Now, this is a brilliant song.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show PASSI how was your day yesterday? Mate?
Speaker 6: I got busted yesterday big time. So I rang Chris on my way home and he was clearly in the drive through of Machas because I could hear you know, the lady, what would you like please on the speaker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was obvious, and I said, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Because he has you know, every year goes to the gp has, you know, the twenty thousand k service, gets blood tests, all that stuff, does that every year.
Speaker 5: That's right. And then for a while you put him on that all green diet. He was on the or green How long did that last?
Speaker 3: Five hours?
Speaker 15: Not like?
Speaker 2: Well, now he's on a low carb diet.
Speaker 3: Because Donald's a well known for that. Go right, I'll have the low carb option.
Speaker 6: Please to be on the plan because he's eating too many, too many, too many carbs and not burning them off. Essentially, because you know he's got a desk job, and so he's been really really good up to this point.
Speaker 2: Anyway, lunch time he.
Speaker 3: Made it through Monday. A little treep eighteen.
Speaker 5: Celebrate how good he did the day before.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 6: I suspect, and he goes, oh, I've just had such a busy day. Haven't got time to go to like a sandwich bar and get a salad. And I said, so you're having macas. That's not actually, that's not good.
Speaker 2: So I gave you read the ride act. What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Novius move from him to answer the phone.
Speaker 3: You just say you're in a meeting. As you're laughing your arms off in the car park, look at yourself from mirror eating all those nuts.
Speaker 6: Anyway, then he pulls up to the window, and I'm obviously on the bluetooth on the speaker so I can hear the lady at the window, and then she goes, oh, your wife was in here earlier this morning.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 6: I might answer just for coffee, but it was like you could hear the delight in his Oh yes, it.
Speaker 3: Gets canceled out.
Speaker 5: Everything you could hear really so funny. But also that you both go there so often that you're a familiar first name.
Speaker 3: Basis you over a bluetooth in a car? That's I mean, how small is that village you live in? There's about eight people, that's right?
Speaker 2: With high rise buildings.
Speaker 4: How's that?
Speaker 2: Though your wife was here?
Speaker 3: And were you already getting a coffee? Did you have more? No? No, No, I got a coffee.
Speaker 2: I just got a coffee on the way to work.
Speaker 3: It's so hard these days because there's so many that would like a live three six C find my phone. Everyone knows where everybody is true, you know, and even like because you obviously got joint credit card statements and stuff like that. Even now it's like, if you do want to do anything off the books, it's so hot, you've got to have and even these days, you look like such a badass if you go, I'm paying cash. What they don't want to touch like dirty and it's like dirty money. These days people don't want even to touch anymore, do they. Kaitlin, what happened? Didn't you have something like this?
Speaker 16: Yes? So I would have McDonald's maybe once a year.
Speaker 3: And the reason is my par Come on, who does that once a year?
Speaker 15: No, that's genuinely what happens because my partner is a health freak, and so she just makes me feel bad if I go and eat something like that.
Speaker 16: So I would probably have it once a year anyway.
Speaker 3: Sorry, is this a blink? Blink once a year? Okay, yeah, now I remember now once a year year?
Speaker 14: Correct?
Speaker 16: Correct? The other day was my once a year convenient?
Speaker 3: What are the chances? What are the odds?
Speaker 16: I really hope she's not listening.
Speaker 15: I went through and I went to the extent of hiding it. I didn't use credit card, I use cash to pay, so would it come up? I also when I got home, scrunched it all up, went out to the back being lifted the night before running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've done that. In fact, what you shouldn't. It's a rick state. You eat in the car park there and use their bins and then I'll switch the cars because that it has a smell smelling there you get you go, you've been to McDonald's. It just hangs in the air. So yeah, I'll even eat with all for the windows sound the car part there, I need one of those like CSI suits they wear.
Speaker 16: So she still doesn't know fingers cross, she's not listening and doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah noticed that one. It is that annual visits.
Speaker 1: Workers the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, it's getting to this week's as said of school, all right this week? Then a is it a score? It's about the letter D. What is the letter D to you? And your school days are nine four one four one oh four three, Patsy, what's the letter D for you? Mate?
Speaker 2: It's disco disco tech and definitely.
Speaker 3: The calls it disco tech.
Speaker 2: My mother used to call it the disco tech. Are you going to the disco tech?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 5: Is this your version of a school dance?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well blue light disco with blue light.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it a phenomenal program? Jack?
Speaker 6: So local police would put on discos essentially, especially for kids in the country when there wasn't a lot of hosts.
Speaker 3: Why isn't Netflix made a documentary about this? Because I thought Crawl first told about this when I moved, and I thought he was just winding me up, so I didn't. I didn't take it seriously that the police would turn DJs and do teenager school discos. It's a brilliant Yeah, it's an amazing thing.
Speaker 2: It really was a great initiative in the eighties.
Speaker 3: And the police uniform on the turntable shame.
Speaker 6: Yes, we used to have ours up at the Wangaratta Town Hall and they might have had it, like I don't know, every three or four months, and it was totally the police. They do the security, of course, they do the DJing, catering.
Speaker 2: They were fantastic.
Speaker 3: Superintendent's got a nice path for the kids and.
Speaker 6: It just used to foster a feeling of good spirit and relationship with you know, local police and youth.
Speaker 3: When did it stop.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether it was a funding issue. I don't recall them being held in the nineties.
Speaker 3: If you're a criminal as well, you literally got that in your calendar. Were all the police. They've been cooking all the DJ and they're working at the police Nobody on the street, there's not around.
Speaker 6: But we used to love it because it was even better than like because I went to the high school. It was even better than just your school dance because all of the schools in the district would go, so you'd meet other kids from other schools.
Speaker 3: It must have been just a free I'm trying to find the F word without swaming it must it had just been crazy.
Speaker 5: It was huge.
Speaker 2: It was many your first pash. We had a light disco, but it.
Speaker 5: Must have been very well behaved. You wouldn't have had hip flasks, for example, strapped to your legs.
Speaker 6: Well not my my friendship group Jack, No, I'm sure it was occasionally, but it was just a just good night with you know, the disco ball in.
Speaker 3: The middle and the long time did the end? Was it at midnight?
Speaker 2: Wise like ten o'clock? It was fairly early from my recollect.
Speaker 3: Said the police drive everyone home in the back of the tvvy mare.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know what to take like all night to pluck up the courage to ask that boy to dance with you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it was so huge. It was the same as our one, right, so for our sort of school disco and that it used to be once a month on a Friday night, and it was like the boys would be on one side of the school hall, the girls the other, and that couple of meters was the hardest journey for a teenage boy to walk over there and ask for the dance during the half an hour the last TLF and that would be the slow selection.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was like a parting of the Seas, and then the last song was always and Anderson suddenly you know off the neighbors. You know they used it for Scott and Charlene's wing songs.
Speaker 7: That's ye.
Speaker 2: Everyone was passing by that stage, and if you were, you're a bit of a loser.
Speaker 3: In my mind, they've got these losers over there, the police on the top of the sort of DJ concol got the blue flashing lights of stuff.
Speaker 5: So much fun.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy, what's the letter D for you? If you remember blue blue light discos, please give us a called nine four one four one o four three. Jack what's the letter D for you?
Speaker 5: So we had a different kind of dance in primary school. We actually had to do ballroom dancing for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 5: So we would waltz at the end of the year and they would encourage the boys as part of the program, to in their own time in recess and lunchtime go and ask the girls to be their waltzing partner.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. I mean, you'd expect this to happen in my homeland in the UKE, but we didn't have ballroom lesson and.
Speaker 5: This was early years of high school. So sorry, primary school. So seven eight year olds doing the ballroom waltz?
Speaker 3: Is this a thing in Australia.
Speaker 5: I don't know if many other schools didn't. We went to the local town hall as well to do the final. After we'd waltzed for three months, we did our final dance or the parents would sit on the second deck of the town.
Speaker 3: Hall and we all dressed up as well smartened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't tuxedos and suits, so it was like your nicest button up shirt. I think mom was a white shirt because.
Speaker 3: That was the its the look quite the look reminds me of the early Bard's Lurma movie in the Strictly Ballroom during in the early nineties. All right, the letter D and school for you nine four one four one O four three. So I definitely want to hear stories some one about the Blue Light Discos. I wonder if anyone actually met the person are now married to at the Blue Light Disco and anyone else have ballroom lessons or just Jack.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show eight is at a school this week. It's all about the letter D. What is the letter D? And school Days for you on nine four one four, one four three, And now Patsy was talking about blue Light discos and I was wondering when they stopped becoming a thing, Patsy, they're still going in somehow. Really, Yeah, Christian we still have blue light discos in Sunbury. Christian, we still have blue light discos in back back as Marsh and could tell us is it's still run by the police. Jack, you had a great idea about actually putting one on. Well should we put one on for singles?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 3: I mean it will. It worked when you're a teenager that all that kind of intense hormonal activity. But single listeners for grown ups are blue Light Disco.
Speaker 5: And so you can even at five you can go.
Speaker 3: I'm really, what did you think I meant for me?
Speaker 18: I thought you meant for single kids Junior Tinder or something. Two young kids signed up to Christian Tinder.
Speaker 3: All the single boys. Yeah, no, no, grown age people are age grown ups. That's what I meant, all right. The letter D and your school Days nine four one four, one oh four three. Jack's letter D was ballroom dancing. Ben. This was you as well. Morning Ben, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 14: I've got you covered exact same situation. Year five footsteps is what they called it, and it was clearly a great program. The only thing I remember is that we were all in love with the teacher.
Speaker 5: Did someone get to dance with the teacher?
Speaker 14: So every single week it was only for one day after lunch, and it's one person to get to dance with the teacher, and it was always a guy called Riley, And I just remember being like green with jealousy, like I hated this guy so badly because he was dancing with this twenty five year old girl, And I'm going.
Speaker 9: Should we me?
Speaker 3: Should we me your first taste of unrequired enough?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 5: Ben? The guys in here asked me during that song if I remember any of the borroom dancing moves? But I remember nothing of the dance steps. But all I remember is the courage you needed to work up to ask a girl to get your dancing.
Speaker 14: Party, the age you were doing it as well, look for me, But there wasn't any like asking for partners. It was just like peering up. But then the teacher would go around and just grab some and go, hey, you're dancing with me? And was never meet And I'm so angry about Wiley we've.
Speaker 3: Heard we now just have that ten minute dance that he never got. Ben, thank you very much and good I have a good day. Thanks to every one. Natalie, come on in, Natalie, good morning. So the letter D and your school days? What's D for you? Now?
Speaker 13: The dentist? We had an actual dental building in our school.
Speaker 3: My god, that's awful. What is the kind of punishment?
Speaker 13: Well, it was just this building that was at the back of the school, next to the playground. And whenever we went to.
Speaker 3: The school, how can you play when you got the screams of kids in they're being drilled.
Speaker 13: Well, we used it as a prison. When they weren't there, we'd go, you're going to the dentist. We used to drag the kids off in playtime. But whenever the lights were on, that would spread like wildfire through the school. You'd be like, then start baking thickness, I promise you.
Speaker 3: Sounds terrifying, terrifying. Natalie, Thank you very much, the story mate, have a good day, thanks aging the show. Thanks Nicole. Good morning, Nicole.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning Christian, Nicole.
Speaker 3: So the letter D for you in school days? What if you mate?
Speaker 11: We used to have dog tags at our high school, and they were a form of disciplined disciplinary action. So if you were misbehaving, the teacher would put you on a dog Do you mean an.
Speaker 3: Actual physical one like soldiers used to wear.
Speaker 11: No, Now, it came in the paper form, but they did have a proper name for them, but we back in the day, the kids nicknamed them dog tag, So that's what it was known as. So you used to get a dog tag if you were misbehaving, and you had to take it to the teacher at the end of every class, get them to fill it out and had things like your effort, your behavior, and you take it to every single class and at the end of the week they'd go to the principal. Now, if you were behaving yourself, you could come off the dog tag, but if you were a repeat offender, it went into color coded form. Original was white, then yellow, and the highest one was pink, and if you had multiple bad reports at the end of the week on a pink one, you got suspended. Yeah, so that's what I remember. I was a golden child, never had a dog take well done. Oh yeah, So that's what I remember.
Speaker 4: For the letter D.
Speaker 3: I don't have those memories all right, Nicole, thank you very much. You got might have a good day thanks to calling the chow. Thank you.
Speaker 19: Thanks.
Speaker 3: I might bring that back for some of our listeners when they go on to it.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast, Christian O'Connell Show eight is at a school this week.
Speaker 3: It's about the letter D. What is the letter D?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 3: School days? On nine four one four one o four three Christian at my high school deb ball. They had all the girls had to ask the boys to be their partners and a lot of you D. It's the same for me to detention. I'm guessing phats you never got put in attention. I bet you have the perfect school record.
Speaker 2: I never suspended, never in detention.
Speaker 5: That school could give detentions outside of school, So if the teacher saw you you're kidding at the bus stop and your shirt untucked, you could get a detention.
Speaker 3: Did you get many detentions?
Speaker 5: I did? Food from minor crimes, crises, not wearing my blaze, having my shirt tucked in, having blue hair, having blue hair. Yeah, it was going through my punk stage where for a while I had blue hair, pink hair, orange hair. Photo.
Speaker 3: It was automatic detention. You were sent home immediately if you ever died your hair at our school. So how was that? How come my mum and dad?
Speaker 5: Okay, funnily enough, you only had to sit one detention per hair color, so I had the detention I could keep my hair blue.
Speaker 3: It still makes me laugh now where there's some local news story, right, and it's some kids got some new hand home. It's usually the money right, and they've been sent home. It's the classic local news story, isn't it. There's a concerned looking mum in the photo, the boy who looks a bit sheepish and embarrassed, and then the school in the background. It I still love that kids are being sent home from school because of their hair.
Speaker 5: I got one more memory about dancing at a final graduation dance at the end of primary school. Patsy said that it was angry and as in the last song they played at your school disco. For some reason, during my last year of primary school, Zorba, the Greek was a very popular site. What and the final dance was the whole class getting into a big circle.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you were a Greek, lad.
Speaker 5: It wasn't the Greek school. It was just for whatever reason, a techno version of the Greek.
Speaker 3: Anyone remember this? I mean fox Ama, Sorry, Paul was just playing it this morning.
Speaker 5: So everybody arm in arm and the whole class moving in a circle together has a great bonding experience.
Speaker 3: The actually going club should still doing this now before the game. So what year it was this remix? I don't remember this being real.
Speaker 5: Great grade seas I was graduating in nineteen ninety nine. Got let's get to the drop. Can we keep it on from the drop?
Speaker 3: Well? Please, I beg you, I'll beg you. I had no intention of cutting it early.
Speaker 5: Jack, Yeah, well done.
Speaker 3: Order to produce, so they stave forsaw that what a shame apparently was going to get great.
Speaker 1: Christian know connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, Good luck and thank you very much to Belinda setting off in the last ten minutes, she's driving to Alice Springs.
Speaker 5: Oh great, you have plenty of time to listen to the next.
Speaker 3: That's plenty of time to listen listen to. I've just just emailed her back saying, hey, she's taking binstickers to Alice Springs for us. You know, is what remote places can you put one of our Binstickers Alice Springs have been an amazing one. So I mean, I don't know when she's going to get there. Two thousand k.
Speaker 5: Drive one of the most remote cities in the world.
Speaker 20: Is that right?
Speaker 5: I think so sounds good.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter, don't even don't even google it. I don't want to be corrected. So yeah, good luck. Now let's say this saw but the Greek drop.
Speaker 5: O god. So the circle is just warming up from them. We know it's coming, the anticipations building.
Speaker 3: This was a big hit for your graduation. We gotcha.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, sorry, I think there's a better part.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we played a reasonable isolated vocal Springsteen, just a raw vocal of dancing and dart and now this apparently is good.
Speaker 5: They can't play an isolated vocal because there's no lyrics. There is a better part. I won't make it.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be proven wrong. I think we'll be underwhelmed yet again on this all right now, we want to try this game to the next half an hour on the show on nine four one four, one oh four three. Quite a lot of you have got names where you have to say to somebody they're not sure how to spell it or what you said it was where you have a kind of stock answer where you go as in and ye, you explain it in an easy way for them.
Speaker 21: My name is as in Waking Phoenix.
Speaker 19: But he added a on thelon.
Speaker 14: A lot of the time I get confused with the fish or Neamo's dad.
Speaker 17: Our last name.
Speaker 11: If you say it is Aussie Bergan, it's like the big knife, Michelle.
Speaker 3: All right, So what we want to do then, if you are on these people and you've got one of these names where you have to say routinely as in and then explain it is, we want you to do that us. So, for example, if it is you have to say a lot in as in Meryl Street surname Streep, you would say as in the Hollywood actress that start in Devil Wears Prada.
Speaker 5: And I would guess, oh, Anne Hathaway, Oh we.
Speaker 3: Go no, Stanley Tushi incorrect. All right, that's what we're going to do during the next half an hour show on nine four one four, one oh four three. One of the people in that little montage there it said Nemo's dad. That's the perfect kind of clue. If we don't so me, Jack and Pats to take each other on trying to guess your names on the clue that you say, as in, let's play next.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, go on into Tammy, Christian, they're a d At our school, we had driver's head Wow. Wow, I don't know you had school.
Speaker 5: No, we didn't.
Speaker 2: My brothers had that.
Speaker 6: They had someone come like a driving instructor on the tech school oval on the oval, yep. And then it was banned after one of the kids started doing donuts.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course we had drivers at our school, Christian on the Peninsula, and a local driver school would come and I think they only did it once or twice, and you would be able to drive these little bubble cars Master one two ones around the massive car park and oval. All right, then let's see how this goes. Let's give this a go. Team. Are we ready? Do we understand the game?
Speaker 14: Get?
Speaker 3: Do you get it? Past? I do get it? I s So someone will come on and if they have one of these names, whether you often have to say to somebody like a prepared statement, oh my name as in you do the as in me check and pat to try and reverse this and guess what your actual name is.
Speaker 5: Okay, do we buzz in or we just to say it out?
Speaker 3: Say it out loud?
Speaker 2: So hang, are we taking turns or it's all link.
Speaker 5: All good question?
Speaker 3: That is a great question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, thirsty investors.
Speaker 5: Okay, I never seen you deliberates.
Speaker 3: But what was doing is what is what happens next? It doesn't really, it doesn't suit me. Caller one, good morning, No more deliberation. Hi, good morning, caller one.
Speaker 22: Yes, yes, Hi, my name is as in drug cartels and money Laundering as a Netflix show.
Speaker 3: Pablo.
Speaker 5: No Escobar, nacos.
Speaker 3: No try again, So you're not Pablo Escobar, Marie Escobar, Pabla drug cartels.
Speaker 14: Jason Bateman, there's a clue.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, Doris oar, that's trick. Your name is Ozark.
Speaker 8: My name is Isaac.
Speaker 13: My dad's a British Mitch Semen and he loves the bluegrass band the ozap Mount Davils.
Speaker 3: We play them often. Now they knew how to do a drop. They how to do a drop.
Speaker 5: What an interesting but beautiful name.
Speaker 3: That is great many of us. No, no, no, not at all. I didn't know is the actual name? Thank you very much? Sure, being the first corner and player on this. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 13: You have a great day, guys, and you all right, so.
Speaker 3: So far, so good, it's working. Call it to good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you going?
Speaker 3: We're good? Okay, So what's your clue? Then? As it in?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 22: So it's my last name, and everyone always often asked me how to spell if they can't hear it, probably, but it's as.
Speaker 3: In Hardley, Didley, Flanders, oh ned Flanders. Well, yes, yes, great, all right, cooler to thank you very much. Let's go to a third one now, Good morning, cooler three, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 8: My name is as in milk, dilk, sorry, as in milk, milk, milk.
Speaker 3: You've got to explain your working right now, as in milk maybe like preis full, curre is a good one, yeah, calcium, cow, dairy and dairy.
Speaker 5: Is this is this a first name? Call three? Or is this a surname?
Speaker 3: Does my first name first name pasture.
Speaker 2: Milk, daisy as in daisy cow.
Speaker 3: No, curt cut, you know, you don't know, We don't know. Yeah, go on, we're out of guesses. What is it, Alicia. I'm going to send your prize. You can have one of our show, Beanies, that is so good, Alita, such my whole entire life, Alsa, thank you very much. Give us a call. Let's play the second round after the ads.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's Show. We're trying a new game, the moment working title the name game. As in, if you have one of those names where you find yourself saying frequently as in and then you explain it, that's the game we're getting trying to guess your names from the clue you give to people. So, for example, say you listen to list and your name is Terry maquita. All right, you'd say, as in those powerful drills trades use and we would go maybe to no wrong mequita. Yes? Are we all clear? Still how it works?
Speaker 5: Example?
Speaker 3: All right, let's play round two. Let's go to call it one.
Speaker 9: Hi, guys, I always have to say.
Speaker 13: You can ring my bell.
Speaker 3: Anita no quasi modo? No Ward? Oh what war? No Anita Wards sung? You can ring my bell?
Speaker 5: Yes, oh good night?
Speaker 3: Ding no dong? I did my first name?
Speaker 5: You can ring my bell recess lunch, ring my bell?
Speaker 3: Who rings?
Speaker 8: You can ring my.
Speaker 3: Ye need towards some on that. No, no, Cosimodo, you never know.
Speaker 12: No, do you want to know?
Speaker 3: We need to know?
Speaker 8: It's call it.
Speaker 5: Who sang the song?
Speaker 1: Call it sang it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the nineteen eighty nine single Ring My Bell.
Speaker 3: Way. Oh it's a team for the remix and resort of the Green Booth. But another classic. Wow done, Patsy, well done. All right, thank you very much. Let's got a call the number two. Good morning caller too, good morning.
Speaker 13: I always have to say my name as in the Captain and to Now that's it.
Speaker 3: Wow, you got it easy, babe, to now, thank you very much, you call it's got a call, Thank you, caller three, good morning morning.
Speaker 19: I always have to say, as in Queensland, GIMPI.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to go through all the states.
Speaker 3: State no Maroon, No, that is very good.
Speaker 8: Smart clue Brisbane, No Billy Slater, the boys.
Speaker 5: No we going for a first name here or.
Speaker 8: Second name surname Jeensland Brisbane, No.
Speaker 5: Gold as in gold coast, Sonny, no coast, no tweed north or northe.
Speaker 3: Dane tree moss mean, no, this is killing me. Do you want to know what's happened out?
Speaker 19: So it's Kansas in queen and for an extra bit of nep I always saying in Melbourne and winter where we'd all rather be.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah of course. All right, thank you very much. Let's take one more call of four.
Speaker 8: My name is as in quick goes, click goes that she is.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wow, done wow, done, well done well Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. We're looking for your stories of coincidence and chance on nine four one four one o four three This time, what's more to play? What are the odds? Believe it or not?
Speaker 8: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: You gotta be justhing me like, why are you we twin married a twin wan Believe it or not?
Speaker 5: We don't know.
Speaker 3: Last week on believe it or.
Speaker 20: Not, standing in the kitchen having a glass of wine, observing my three year old playing around, but she was in a bit of a bad meat So all of a sudden I see this barbie go through the air and landed steak first in my glass of wine.
Speaker 17: Mother's Day Weekend last year, my older daughter rushed to hospital had to have her.
Speaker 8: Gall bladder out.
Speaker 17: This year, this Mother's Day weekend, my youngest daughter rushed to hospital, had to have a gall bladder out.
Speaker 21: My name is Cheryl, and I was married to a man called Hunt, and I worked with a Hunt who was married to a Cheryl. One Christmas, we gave each other a Christmas card which was exactly the same card and it read to Cheryl and Hunts from Hunt in Cheryl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, an all time.
Speaker 3: It's an incredible story, so much so we've updated the theme tune to this, I.
Speaker 13: Believe it or not?
Speaker 3: What you got be justhing me like, were you with Cheryl who married a Hun.
Speaker 8: Who works with Cheryl.
Speaker 3: Who married a Hon as well? All right, lines are open. Now, then your stories of coincidence and Charles, what are the odds? Nine four one four one o four three. Now, first of all, we have a story from a team member. Q. Step up to the microphone. Apparently has Rio just said he's got a great one. Qu what is your story for us?
Speaker 16: Hi, guys, long time listener, first time caller.
Speaker 5: Good to speak to you for the first time on earth.
Speaker 3: He sounds ten years of age because we can't keep him after nineties. We ses, young man, your.
Speaker 5: Parents call out the form so you can be here today.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, cue off you go so.
Speaker 5: With parental permission. Yesterday I wore long socks with cartoon pizza's on them and you wouldn't read about it.
Speaker 16: Workplace put on a pizza party.
Speaker 3: I will try my best. I try and let some of the team know, Hey, it's all our show. The microphones are here for you as well, but actually some people should be behind the scenes. You'll never hear from that on air hats. What are the odds? What are the odds that that actually should have gone on?
Speaker 4: We're taking calls next, Q come in here the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: It's the Christian O'Connell's show. What are the odds? Your story is a chance and coincidence? On nine four one four one four three, Jack and Pats, I'm sending you a photo right now, so your phones are needed for this one. Yesterday, my wife went to a landscaping shop in tremana rock and red gum. The lady who was serving her was wearing exactly the same outfit.
Speaker 20: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I've just texted you the photo.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, And it's actually it's very unique.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's gonna say?
Speaker 5: But it's not like they were both wearing black.
Speaker 3: Wails held our breast there. I was like, what is he breast?
Speaker 5: We were both wearing puffer jackets and then a great top with Camart Patsy.
Speaker 3: It's a nice halfleet, that is. But that is exactly the same outfit they both wear.
Speaker 5: That's a great one.
Speaker 19: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: What are the odds? All right, let's tast some calls nine four one four one O four three Toby, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good, Toby?
Speaker 11: What are.
Speaker 3: The odds?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: The Yeah.
Speaker 7: So one of my mates, when he was younger, met a girl and they started dating. And then when she came to his house she realized that was her house before his parents bought it.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 7: And then when she went into his bedroom, that was her bedroom where she lived before them.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good that it's a good one.
Speaker 3: Actually, yep, I like it. Toby. Thank you very much your story and kill may have a good day. Charie. Good morning, Hi?
Speaker 13: What hello?
Speaker 3: Here we go? You olt? Charif? All right, what's your story of coincidence and chances made?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 13: So last year I flew over the purse for the Coldplay concert and I was sat in my seat speaking to two lovely sisters who I got along really well, and eighty thousand stadium and I said where you're saying and they said here, and I said, I'll give you a list back. So we got back to the hotel and they had the room right next door to us.
Speaker 3: Now that is pretty amazing act.
Speaker 13: It was incredible. Yeah, And I said, oh my god, I actually remember seeing you this morning set out the front having a cigarette. I said, you were both out there having a cup of tea and a cigarette.
Speaker 5: Now it's talking hello, Cherie is a little odd We won't take the lift home?
Speaker 3: And Shari, did you enjoy Coldplay? They're great life.
Speaker 13: They were absolutely magnificent. It was my bucket list concert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, later on the year on there Melbourne.
Speaker 5: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: A talk? All right, Charie, thank you very much, you call me. I have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 22: You have a good day too.
Speaker 3: Bye, pleasure. Diane. Yes, Dane, what are the thank you off?
Speaker 14: Okay, I'll have to try and expose this.
Speaker 17: Do you understand?
Speaker 9: My son is called Jade. He dated a girl called Jade. She lived in Jade Court. At the end of Jade Court lived my now son in law that married my daughter Tara, but previously he was dating a Tara.
Speaker 3: Okay, this was we were on a streak with j W J.
Speaker 5: And I was feeling good at that too.
Speaker 3: I thought, there's another dare we dream another Jade and then went Tara Tara. It goes j J Tara.
Speaker 8: Tara, Yeah, yeah, yeah, so both both jas. We had to call him girl Jade board Jake.
Speaker 9: They both had the same bomb car, so my son had to put a sticker on the side of his car so they figure out news was who and it was just it was just crazy, crazy, crazy times.
Speaker 3: So crazy great Jay, Je Tar, Diane, thank you very much and call me no worry all right, Keiper coverin nine four one four three.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Right now, last few stories. What are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chants? Nine four one four one o four three Linda, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 8: Morning, Christian, Linda.
Speaker 4: What are.
Speaker 3: The odds you got it off?
Speaker 8: You go?
Speaker 22: Well, many years ago, my father remarried, and my name is Linda. My husband's name is Mark. The lady he married her son was Mark, and daughter Linda. And then both my father and my stepmother had a brother Leon and a daughter Leone. So what are the odds? Which is that happening?
Speaker 3: Pretty I've got to be honest.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Linda, Good day, Christian Bye.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Linda. Now we've got date you here. And all I know from this is I could just see on the phone system here at the it says, headless cat. What are the odds? Days?
Speaker 10: The odds?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 12: Yeah, many minutes ago, I was turning twenty one, and it was a Friday night, and it was midnight, and I realized I just turned twenty one. I was like, hey, twenty one, And the lights were out in the street and I was walking in the middle of a row, just in the full moon, and then I heard this whale and I looked down beside me to see this black cat. Now it looked like I'm not saying it did, but it looked like it didn't have a head. And then it just sort of ran off in the bushes. And that was that. I just went home or thinking anything about it. And the next morning, Amy mon wrong from orld. You know, she always asks the same thing, anything strange happened, And I said, actually, this one time, I actually can't tell you something was strange happened. So I told her. She went down silent and said, ring your nan right now. So I wrong, Nan, and she started laughing and said you didn't And I said I did. What's going on? And she said, ring your uncle Patty, so worrying daddy, And Patty says, you didn't, And I said, what's the gag?
Speaker 22: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Well, it turns out that Annie man on my mom's side of the family with the name Patrick in his name. My name is David Patrick, has seen a headless black cat.
Speaker 3: I love this. It's one of the best stories we've ever had. It's like could Irish folklore legend, isn't it?
Speaker 22: Dad?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 12: And the crack up is is that it happened here like in Australia. I could understand it. Even a little bit of it happened in.
Speaker 3: Ireland the Irish Magic books. Wherever you are in the world, if you're in that bloodline and there's a Patrick or a Patty, it's coming for you.
Speaker 12: The head this back can well, I'll tell you what I'm tempered to call it be someone if I have one.
Speaker 3: You have to got to keep this going through the future generations. And generations.
Speaker 12: Yeah, pretty pretty unrail anyway.
Speaker 3: I love that. Also, I think we should do a weekly feature called anything Strange Happen. What a great question to ask kids, Anything strange happen? Listen, Dave, we love this so much. We're going to make you our instant caller of the week. You've just won a thousand dollars. Whoa, Oh, thanks you Mercedes Benz Berrick. They guaranteed better any trading price by a minimum five k, but it could even more. Take you care and find out, Dave, that is an amazing story and he told it so well. Thank you for calling up. I love you very much and honestly look out for anything strange happen on tomorrow's show. It's my new for a question, Dave. You're a legend. All right, thank you very much for call Enjoy your money.
Speaker 8: Cheers.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Jack came in this morning said, listen, any chance you can play my favorite workout song? I get my swollen on said, yeah, of course I can mate. What's that big song? He said, Brinna Mars just the where you are?
Speaker 5: Thank you. I'm feeling Pennton ready for a workout posture any.
Speaker 3: Time god one A four point three Christian O'Connell show just coming up for twenty to nine. Time for today's time waster. I good have been honest. I don't think Jack and I have got any goals today. I'm already a little bit wobbly about mine is money funny? We're gonna find out in you the next twenty minutes. Friends, We're looking for your money songs. On National Currency Day, the National Portrait Gallery has reported a huge surge of visitors after receiving a complaint from Australia's richest person, Gina Reinhardt. The mining magnet allegedly demanded in an unflattering portrait of her in the gallery to be removed. Have you seen this?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's brilliant, It's it's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. But instead of keeping out the public eye, everyone went to see it is an amazing thing. All right. So we're looking for your money songs and today best and show you get two hundred and fifty dollars in cash and you get a three month supply of delicious deal Marte for the office or thanks to Delmar the finest ethical So long tea, Make yourself a better tea with del Mar all Right. Money songs, Okay, tear the plaster off, baby, got back taxes, silver pay dude, that's gold credit me credit, It's raining yen gold and we all love. I'm not even going to do this.
Speaker 8: Dangerous Where do we love? We all love?
Speaker 3: The hollow back girl, what about altogether? Now? Dollar back girl, unmarkable that she don't even grace it with any kind of color. Jack, let's move on swiftly Jack your money songs.
Speaker 5: Rupee Tuesday, Gold Olivia Nion John saying let's get physical. But did she mean let's get fiscal cow right?
Speaker 3: Silver plus.
Speaker 5: Dancing in the mulla. Oh dear, Money's just not that funny. It's not for you and I today, No silver and I have the fiver. No, that's actually tapping out.
Speaker 1: Christian connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show Today on the time Waster Winner thanks to delicious Deal, Marti gets two hundred and fifty dollars in cash and three months apply of deal Marty for your office today. It's all about your money songs. You ain't nothing but a pound dog, Jewels, Immrabit World done ka ching of wishful thinking. That's very good, Glenn Daily, I want to hold your rand silver baby, got cash back, Silver wanted, debtor alive, Bronze plus cryptide instead of riptide crypts you know, crypti Bronze Rouge becomes Mola rouge. That's the sort of thing you'd hear in a promo for this radio station. Bill my sunshine, Silver, accountant's paradise intead of gangster's paradise, sympathy for the debit. Go enter rand Man, Stu, well done, hit me bepay one more time, Bronze, Tina Turner, private banker, silver shilling and the name of gold. But I'm justin pay so lonely, pay so lonely, Bronze, dime after dime gold. That's very good, Haley running up that bill Gold, Nathan and Ballarat living on a timeshare, Silvil Path. I'm just yen y very good. I like that smart all right? Who's winning the dear martin the two hundred and fifty dollars A games well and to stew for inter random man, Well does to your today's winner.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast