Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Voice is good, but brainy's a little bit wacky.
Speaker 4: All I can give it is a couple of smiles.
Speaker 5: Don't tell me boats. This guy is Boats.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Jack and I were just enjoying Joan Jet there right. It buzzed us up that morning. It's like a shot of caffeine. What do we think of this? Then each chair of the week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. I you know a bugbear of mind Jack, is that certain songs are too slow. They start an hour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't start the show.
Speaker 5: And I want to say too much in case some of the rivals are listening. They're trying to put my secret herbs and spices together because I am the Colonel Sanders of radio and I'm like a sluggish hour opener. As we say in the trade.
Speaker 4: That's the perfect opener for a show.
Speaker 5: So missing around. So fourth black Bang, the song starts, the day starts. That's you you need at six am when this show is on, how do we feel about Joan Jet. Let's book are in six o'clock to start every Thursday show, and then we have a certain song that opens a Monday show, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
Speaker 4: Would do you think people would tire from that? Or would people go, yeah, it's Thursday, i'may.
Speaker 5: And I would tie and then we'd have to refresh them, but for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: So jone jet stays around for a month.
Speaker 5: Maybe a month.
Speaker 4: Couple of weeks or month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they don't update the music here that often. I've been here three years. We're mainly playing the same songs. I think they just throw them up in the air after one day show, rearrange and go play those ones again. But what you did in nine in between eighty nine to six to seven with those So what would be Friday? What'll be Tomorrow's bang? It's six o'clock straight into it, Springsteen, Born to Run Love It is that for But what's Monday? It can't be too manny, but it has to have an energy.
Speaker 4: No, I think Monday's got to be the strongest. It's going to wake us up. It's going to be like the defibrillators like ac DC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which ac DC?
Speaker 4: You shook me all that long?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's Monday, So you've got Monday Jones on Thursday, The Bosses on a Friday, Patsy, what should open up? Tuesday Show? Big Song?
Speaker 3: Eighteen until I Die? Brian Adams.
Speaker 5: Dier, Hey, this is FM.
Speaker 3: If we do all the same songs, isn't it a bit like Groundhog Day the movie where he wakes up to the same song every day, different one every.
Speaker 5: Day exactly, And that's our promise. Yeah, they're the same songs, but it's a different one each day.
Speaker 4: It's Groundhog week. He real leaves the same week, but at least there's more variety in his week.
Speaker 5: Patty pick a different Brian Adams one because he has done some good tunes. Someone sixty nine? Yeah, what we're heading into the summer casion? What so Brian Adams Summer sixty nine is a Tuesday? Listeners call in now, what should open up? When there's a bay now opening up for Wednesday morning? We've got looking for a song? Now? What is Wednesday morning? What song really gets you going?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: So I'm thinking about what why don't we take the pressure off the music team here on a Thursday. It's always a safe song Friday's so you get, Hey, what do you get? You get five strong show starters. Don't start moaning to me about lack of choice. Commercial raid has been built on a lack of choice. You're just not paying attention. I'm talking about. What you get is a great song on a Monday, Right, you know where you are on the week. Ah, this is on It's Monday. You don't need to look at your calendar. On Jone Jet, it's Thursday. We'll head It's look weaken, Springsteen's on. It must be Friday. You just know instantly where you are. The music is guiding you through the week. It's your friend in the morning. So at the moment then Jack was saying, Jon Jet, she's booked in. That's a look in now for Thursday.
Speaker 4: This is this is where we're out with just brainstorming in that first break only Monday is going to start with ac DC. You shook me all night long.
Speaker 5: And can I just say, there's nothing wrong with say one morning for a week, maybe couple weeks, every Friday might be the magnum feature.
Speaker 4: We're not going to play the hof magnum.
Speaker 5: I promise you I will do that. What's wrong with fifty six seconds of this. All right, imagine this Patsy finishes the news. It's Friday morning, six so three, I'm really good, I'm weekend.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a music bed, something that you would talk over.
Speaker 5: They're waiting, they're waiting, they're waiting. Go. Yeah, he's in the background.
Speaker 4: He's just a microphone dead.
Speaker 5: He's in the background. He's a vibing out right now. He's magnum. You be magnum. Anyway, where are we now.
Speaker 4: With the song, we've penciled that in. We're not all an agree ands its a pen Tuesday is going to be summer of sixty nine. Brian Adams tensil Hey, Wednesday is the thought. We've got free Thursday. Jone jet I love rock and roll. Friday born to run, Bruce Springs.
Speaker 5: You're born to run until the week. What's Monday? A high voltage? Definitely there. So Wednesday's wide open. This is a crucial song, Reuning. It's someday Wednesday.
Speaker 4: We've gotta get propelled into the rest of the week.
Speaker 5: The propulsion is it's science here and music. Michael, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Bdding Christian I Reckon is living on a prayer.
Speaker 5: Good God, I'm not mad at this. I don't mind this on a Wednesday. Yeah, strong contender there, Michael, thank you very much. Let's go to uh Nick, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Nick, morning, Christian, Jack Pats.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 7: I've got a monomena by the Uppards.
Speaker 5: Oh my brilliant. This might be needed for Monday. Phenomena. It isn't smiling even on a Monday. You're tired another week.
Speaker 1: Wednesday is.
Speaker 8: Fully gone through the week.
Speaker 9: But lash there.
Speaker 5: Nomena phenomena we may have found Wednesday.
Speaker 4: It hasn't worked on Nick though. Nick, you still sat down and out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, still early?
Speaker 5: You know what you need? No, so you need.
Speaker 2: Now be.
Speaker 5: Told to Minick. Can you doing now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Goodbulous to.
Speaker 5: Go on, Nicky. Bye, Nicky, have a good day mate. Thanks for God and take care. That's when you know you're bad. If magnim p I can't lift yourself, you're in a bad way. Oh nikky boys all right?
Speaker 10: Ben good a Christian, I would say, Jimmy Barnes, working class man.
Speaker 5: This is another great one. Why I chips in the UFC. Who is it that came out to this? I think it was Dan Hooker, cool walkout song? This any one as well? And I think it's because the song.
Speaker 4: My only problem with this great chorus start slow, though, If we want to rock it into Wednesdays, what.
Speaker 5: Do we do? We've got to explain it, Jimmy, we don't need Hey, it's a bit flabby at the start. Darzi come in the middle kick we just shortly?
Speaker 4: They won't Should we start all songs from the chorus? First song goes straight the chorus.
Speaker 5: Any any song that takes tune on the get going, just forward, wind it to or then.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about editing, Jimmy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think that's a great idea. But I think by the time people will wake up to it, they will be ready for it.
Speaker 12: At the end.
Speaker 5: Maybe you're right, Maybe you need a little bit. It's like wiping the sleep dust out your eyes. You throw the legs out of bed, and then Barnes's waiting waiting for you that. Otherwise he's too much, Barncy, too suit, too aggressive, past the Barns out all right, Benny boy, strong stuff. Thank you very much, Thank you, Christian, thank you. Can you go and cool neck and cheer him up? Sue? Good morning, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good? Sue? How are you this morning? How are you? How's your week going so far?
Speaker 7: Ah, fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 13: My song is Don't Stop Me Now by Queen.
Speaker 14: It is the best song in the whole universe.
Speaker 5: Yea AIX got an amazing start.
Speaker 15: It does.
Speaker 5: Time reready new We need to get into the main bits.
Speaker 13: I heard that it's totally one of the most happiest songs in the world.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 12: And it promotes happiness?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it does well.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that.
Speaker 16: I did it along the way, but yeah, it's pretty it's a pretty pretty rocking song.
Speaker 4: I heard it through the grave line.
Speaker 7: There's another one.
Speaker 5: That could be Saturday mornings when I'm here live doing that best of all? Right, Sue, thank you what you called it?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Yesterday evening We're a barbecue and I was catch up my wife and the show really exists nowhere near my wife and it's always been like that for twenty three years. And it's very healthy, right. She doesn't need to be listening every morning, however, yes, she goes, Oh, by the way, how's it go who's calling Christia? Right? We can half into it?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, pretty good? She goes, Well, tell me. I was going, who do you have on to know? I went, well, we had I went used to you must have loved Bodyhels nine or two and I she goes, oh my god, yeah, you didn't have Eddie Murphy on. I went, Eddie Murphy, wasn't it? He was in? Then I start going and we also had fond Police Academy Steve Gutenberg. She went, oh my god, the comedian you know with the big nose. I went, do you mean Steve Martin? Steve, Steve Martin wasn't in Short Circuit Orth. He wouldn't be in the Police Academy movie. So yeah, it was a catch out my wife yesterday about who's calling Christian? All right, so we're study a new idea opening the show today with a great jone Jet and I love rock and roll. It's a big song. It comes straight in and it wakes you up. I'll think, why don't we have a certain song for each day of the week, the first song you hear from us if you're up in this secret part of the secret hour of the show. So on a Monday, it's always the same song. Tuesday, it's always the same song, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Jack at the moment. Then we're putting together a week. What does it sound like?
Speaker 4: So Monday morning starts with beg your pardon, ACDC, Tuesday Brian Adam Summer of sixty nine. Wednesday is the slot we're looking for, Joe and Jet. As we did it this morning, you're guaranteed to hear it every Thursday first song and Friday Born to Run.
Speaker 5: Bruce, Now rest the sure we know what we don't. You will update these with you every couple of weeks because you need to move ac DC to Wednesday Monday. You need to start with this no not right now, angry enough times as.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 4: Long song. Also five and a half six minutes, I think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Magnum is fifty five seconds. You know it just it keeps going back to this question. I think Wednesday should be Friday on my mind. Good one. You're looking forward to the end of the week already. This was the song last week that Steve Guttenberg, you remember him from all the Steve Martin's movies, Easy Beats. This feels like more Thursdays because you got Friday's Tomorrow, Yeah, Wednesday, they are Friday's eight ways.
Speaker 4: Also great songs a little bit twangy for first of.
Speaker 5: A little bit thin it's twang Yeah, it is this twangy going on there?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 5: This isn't twangy. What a song with the hot seppers in the song? I believe? Wow? What day of the week is this? Is it Friday?
Speaker 4: I think it's more of a Friday.
Speaker 5: But what about Springsteen Born to Run? Oh? Great idea? Greg has got this for Wednesday? Twisted Sister, any twisted sister, any of the other week? One of these are about rebellion, a mate, there's a moon right now in this city. We can all feel it. Christian, what about Robbie Williams can't do this? Rachel. I know someone who works in radio and.
Speaker 4: He begins every every every show with that Monday to Friday.
Speaker 5: And he's been doing it for years.
Speaker 4: Well, surely the audience is getting togey.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Anyway, let's leave that. I've said too much already, get thrown out the DJ Magic Circle.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian O Connell's show podcast, Who Calling.
Speaker 5: Christian? There's the last two days on Who's Calling Christian? Your chance to win twenty five thousand dollars and you're winning celebrity as voted for you. Guys tomorrow morning. It will end at nine am. Then we're going to announcing our top five. You then vote for the winner online. Monday we announced the winner. The winning celebrity gets twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice. Huge amount money, which is why how many celebrities have responded to listeners asking him to give us a call.
Speaker 4: Jack Well BMX Gold Medalist Logan Martin took us to thirty one yesterday.
Speaker 5: Amazing, and you also get twenty five thousand dollars as well for getting that celebrity to give us a call. We're ready up to thirty one now, yep, that is amazing, Thank you very much. So we want the celebrities to give us a call between six and nine, but obviously the show ends at nine and some people call and that's the only time they've got. They leave a voice smail for us. Here are some of the voice smells that have come in. I feel like last week we had a voicemail from the great legend that is Peter Hitchener. Whenever I think of Pete, I always think of Leavignyant Nixon because he's always throwing to her.
Speaker 4: It's a long time duo and they're like a kind.
Speaker 5: Of couple, aren't they on TV together? Well, Levinya's here now.
Speaker 3: Hello Christian, It's Lavinia Nixon here from nine News. Just a quick message. So you know I've called on behalf of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation or JDRF. If you're in a rush. They do incredible research trying to fight type one diabetes and I would be thrilled if they got the money.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Levignya. We also got Sarah Harris.
Speaker 8: Hollo Christiania Baks. Thank Sarah Harris here from say Hollo, Christiania Bak from Helpin's Studio.
Speaker 12: So, a beautiful young girl called Taya got in touch with me via Instagram, Christian. She's a massive fan of yours and she said to me that I have to get in touch with you. I have to call who's calling?
Speaker 7: Christian.
Speaker 12: I love what you're doing for charities, and I am an ambassador for the Smith Family. It's a wonderful organization that's been doing great work for nearly one hundred years supporting disadvantaged kids, helping them get an education because we know education breaks the poverty cycle. Sponsor a child if they do great work. Go to the website The smithfamily dot com dot au. Christian, I know you want to know what my guilty pleasure is, and it's a bit of wham. It's wake me up before you go go. I jump out of bed and whack it on in the morning, ready for ounce of live TV. Lay it again them. Thank you so much, Christian, keep kicking goals you guys Melbourne number one.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, Sarah. That's very kind. Uh. When am I think of this guy? I think of crawl right, Cramp Spiderbate. How many times was you trying to get him on the show?
Speaker 4: I drew up next door to a each other, I think, and.
Speaker 5: Whenever you talk about music orras eyes, I went, have you met him? Oh my god, if you met him, something amazing wouldn't happen. Right, This has got the whiff of crawf behind the scenes here. But this is exciting. How does this list? Cramp Spiderbait?
Speaker 19: Hello?
Speaker 17: Is that Christian? It's Cramm here from spider Bait. How are you mate? I've been told that you're giving away heaps of money for charity, which is awesome. So I'm calling to throw my hat in the ring. For my chosen charity, which is Women's Community Shelters. And I'm also calling on behalf of Vaccination, which is musicians and performers all over the country who want to encourage people to get vaccinated so we can all get back to playing shows and going to gigs. I really want to win because it'll be sick and I think the money would really help all the incredible work that Women's Community Shelters are doing around the country for help for women in need and children as well. So I've decided to play a TV theme for you, the magical themed from Neighbors by written by Barry Crocker very soon and you can check it out. Cramp from Spider Bate that's me plays four Christian, that's you the theme from neighbors All right, cheers, So.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? He's calling back tomorrow or today and he's going to do his version of the Neighbours theme tune. I want to hear that. Thank you very much of those great charities as well, keep them coming.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Last two days on Who's Calling Christian Well then tomorrow at the end of the show nine am. Then to announce our top five. You can then pick your winner and the winning celebrity gets twenty five thousand dollars for the charity of their choice and you win forgetting them on twenty five thousand dollars as well. Let's find out who is celebrity number thirty four? Good morning? Who's calling Christian? Who's this?
Speaker 6: Good morning? Christian? At Mary Cook the original Red Wiggle.
Speaker 5: It's easy for you to say this morning a mouthfully, it's early. We've been talking six Murray, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: And by charity, I'm calling on behalf of support at the Musician's Charity. They look after, you know, all the musicians who have following on hard times or difficulties, which is quite a lot of them actually, especially at the moment. It's you know, been a pretty rough year year and a half, so they've been doing a lot of good work.
Speaker 5: Good on you for supporting that. And Murray, what are you up to now? Then? How are you? Where are you in Australia.
Speaker 6: I'm in Sydney. I have my own Dawn now called the Soul Movers, and we're recorded three albums and we're doing some writing now. It's just as much as we can. It's been hard in lockdown, but you know, it keeps us saying and we're having a bit of fun.
Speaker 5: We had Gregor last week. We had a lovely chat with I heard and when he was on, we were talking about the heyday of just how big you guys were, and was it fourteen at fourteen show? Is it Madison Square Garden that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it seems like another light to go on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so nuts, Yeah, And we said how how it got so crazy where obviously not just thousands of kids, one hundred thousand kids all over, but obviously their parents. Sometimes you could be Robert DeNiro and he's talking about at the time Robert de Niro turned up to the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Have you got any memories of other sort of famous parents turning up with their kids?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Well, one of the big ones for me was was John Foguny from Criton's clear Water came along. His daughter was a big fan. She was she was she's grown up now, but she was, you know, a young fan. And we had the great pleasure of recording a couple of songs with John some for a Christmas album. We're doing so a couple of our songs rock and Sander was one of them that people might remember, and it was just amazing, really great title.
Speaker 5: You know, that's that's drawing them. John Fogerty comes from the.
Speaker 6: Title and he did all the little John Fogey screams and stuff.
Speaker 5: You did you make him wear his um colored jumper for John Foggerty.
Speaker 6: No, we let him do whatever you want to do. So it was funny because we did. We recorded a video to the songs and at the end of it, he turned to us and says, thank you for letting me be a part of this. It was like, you're John, You're in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Yeah, that was just incredible. But yeah, we did meet a lot of amazing people out of the years. It was a pretty exciting time.
Speaker 5: Now, Murray, you're the perfect man for us to talk to about this. Right this morning, we started the show right with Jon Jet and the Black Black Hearts. Right. I love rock and roll, and that is a great song begins straight away, tons of energy, right, And I'm thinking now on a breakfast show, it's all about how you start the show with energy and the music does that before we start mumbling afterwards. I've started this idea where I'm thinking of each day of the week beginning with the same song. So tomorrow, whatever song we designed for a Friday pump up song. Every Friday we begin the show with that song. We did it for a one till love. It gets a bit like Groundhog. What do you think is Friday? What is a pump up song for you to open tomorrow's show?
Speaker 6: Well, Christian, I know you're a big fan of the Boss Springstate, and I am too. You know, I kind of grew up with it. I'm a child of the seventies and and my favorite sort of pup up song for any morning, but especially Friday, would be Born to Ram. That's a killer. I think.
Speaker 5: This is what I was thinking. All right, I should have start with us. You can't get any better than this on a Friday morning. This is an amazing song. Yeah, yeah, he probably did a Easter song with Springston, did you with the Wiggles at the height? They're famers unfortunately the one that got away Springsteen a few Yeah. Oh and listen, Murray, thank you very much and giving us a call. I have such a great charity as well. Good on you.
Speaker 6: Excuse mate, Thanks a bra.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Someone is on the line right now, Let's find out who it is. Good morning, who's calling Christian.
Speaker 9: High Christian. It's Middleton from Sas, Australia. I am calling on behalf of youth off the streets. How are you doing, mate?
Speaker 5: I'm good. How are you ds? Middleton?
Speaker 9: You can call me Chief Constructor Middleton.
Speaker 5: And do you know what? I was so pleased when the show came out here last year because I loved it in the UK and you know, chemm Old showing a love what you guys did out there, and I am so pleased it was a massive hit here they loved it.
Speaker 9: Yes, you know, we've got a new series airing on the thirteenth of September seven thirty Channel seven, and that's even bigger and best. What I love about the Audies is you go big.
Speaker 14: You're you know.
Speaker 9: I don't want to compare you to the Americans, but you know, you do things properly, and yeah, it's going to absolutely smash it. So I'm really excited, really stoked.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe how much the swearing went out here compared to the UK version. It looks like you do a children's versi of it. Here the language is no one who swears like the Brits as well, But you know, yelling at people the Australians care about being thrown out a helicopters, being calling them maggots, that's what the world needed. Australia needed, you guys.
Speaker 9: I don't think they've got much choice because every other word is a profanity, is a swair word. But yeah, I think you Asi's absolutely love seeing your celebrity suffer. So who best to ask than myself? So yeah, really honored. And at the end of the day, we you know, as you know, Christian, we pushed them to to really identify who they are, to get rid of that sort of celebrity persona and to show the world, especially yours, to show the odds the audience, that they're just normal people like everyone else.
Speaker 5: But what it is interesting, right because as they physically break down because it's so extreme what you make them do that I find it really interesting what happens because actually it's a very interesting. There's a lot more going on than you guys calling the maggots and throwing them in the herds out of helicopters. They sort of start the reveal parts of themselves that they don't like or they were trying to hide a wine. You see, it's amazing breakdowns and breakthroughs, and that that I think is why the show, that's at the heart of it, that's what's really interesting about it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've got to really, you know, make them believe in what we're doing. You know, it's a buying clause basically. You know, we've been there and done it, whether you where we talk about tours of duty, you know, the actual training, whether it's the powers, the special Forces, the Marines, and all we do is consolidate that and we have, you know, just under two weeks to really install that into them. So you know, we uphold that sort of that responsibility to the highest order, and we we don't waiver. You know, there's no favoritism, there's no there's no letting up. It is literally back to back and at the end of the day, whether you last two days or you last the whole course, you're going to come out a better person.
Speaker 5: And do you know anything about the celebrities beforehand? Do you google them and go I can't wait to get stuck into this. No?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, no. Christian and you know what, I'm not gonna lie. The other ds A like who we got, who we got, and you sort of hear through the grapevine. But what I like to do is I like just to turn up and do my work, because you know, we've got to work for them as well, So I like really just digging into them. So from from a clear perspective. Don't get me wrong, once we get in there and we find out who they are, we might hit hit you know, some sort of background activity on or Google and find out some of their juicy stories. But ultimately it's down to them to tell us what they want. It's down to them to expose themselves. And you know, when you're coming on a program like that, you know you're going to be physically drained and psychologically stripped down. You know it takes it takes courage. So you know, hats off to all of them.
Speaker 5: I got to say, right, if celebrities want to go do therapy, they're better off doing two weeks on your course and like two years of therapy you'll get You guys are like a very extreme version of UFC version of therapists. What's wrong with you? Why are you crying when I was five. My dad left me.
Speaker 9: We'll get over it, don't mine And I've had about five dad, Now get.
Speaker 5: Out of here and tell me this. Are you you here? Then? New Quarantining at the moment? Where are you in Sydney hotel somewhere?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 9: I am, actually, yes, I'm I'm in Sydney. I'm quarantining on day three of quarantine. So not only we've got the show coming out, but also you know, we're hopefully going to be filming a new series, but the main focus is on the thirteenth of September. You know, we've got some big names, some big tasks, and some big egos that we shut down. So you know, especially with you beautiful ausies in the situation that you're in, hopefully it will give you a little bit of an uplift and a little bit and coming to look forward.
Speaker 5: To famous people stuff. Are the people like that? And what is your idea of lockdown? What are you obviously staying in shape? What is an average day for you? Because I'm funny you on Instagram and I see, well, I don't know what kind of hotel you're staying in. It's like you're actually sleeping in the gym, there's like rome machines. Wait, just like the rock sort of jimmy're in hotel? You really staying in the fitness first, you know what it is like that?
Speaker 9: And my wife said the same Actually yesterday when answers like you've got bloody weight, said, I'm tripping over the rolling machine. I'm trying to talk to them FaceTime.
Speaker 5: You know, do you hire men to jump through the window and fight you and stuff that in the middle of night to stay on the edge where you need to be?
Speaker 9: Do you know what I have been looking over? I've got I've got a small sort of balcony window and it's got a little attachment point and I've been trying to look been trying to look for a rope the building. But we keep that between us.
Speaker 5: And you're down to the hotel bar and get some more teams.
Speaker 9: I don't want to get deported. I think I'll stay firmly in the hotel room. No, but yeah, it's twice to day, you know, I do.
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 9: It was like a body circuit. I've got a rowing machine in here, and you know I'm used to waking up iber with a bunch of recruits or if I'm at home with five children, so another bunch of recruits. I'm actually.
Speaker 5: You can.
Speaker 9: My kids stood by their bed like that? Right, you guys call uniform on stocking your sister and get to.
Speaker 6: School all right now?
Speaker 5: And everyone who calls in this morning, we're asking what is their pump up song? So when you're doing it, did you wait? Did you say you do two workouts a day?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 5: I think I'm doing well getting it three in seven days done to a day. What do you need to do?
Speaker 9: Is huge because I'm stuck in a room Christian and you know, if not, I'll be abstaining off the building.
Speaker 5: So what is the song for you? What's the pump up song for ant middle?
Speaker 9: So do you know what? Because I've got lots of pump up songs, but the one sort of gets me moving in the morning because you don't want something to to you know in your face, that's you know, that's blurring, that's blurring in your head. So this might sound a bit strange, but I like Shukka Khan. Ain't nobody in the mornings just to get you going. It's got a nice groove to it, It's got a nice everyone can dance a shok a car and everyone can sort of get uplifted by ain't nobody.
Speaker 5: I did not think you were going to say that.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's very good moving.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you're not Molly Machines.
Speaker 5: Imagine checking into the hotel, right do you? Two heeks? Quantine, you're next to Aunt Middleton if he's not doing two workouts to day, then cranking up Shaka Khan and really really great to hear from me, mate. So the show is back next week, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's correct. It's thirteenth of September, Channel seven, seven point thirty pm and it opens a bang. You know, I've obviously sat and watched the first few episodes and I'll tell you what, this is the biggest one yet. They've done such a great job with this. So hats off to Screen Time Australia.
Speaker 14: Hats off to Channel seven.
Speaker 5: All right, well Eve, you get back to that workout mate, Okay, yes, the second one, second one and great to charge you. Good luck with the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much. Christian, take care buddy the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: You've been hanging around the parks again, Is that what you saw?
Speaker 4: The ducks it's all. It's all we can do hang around the parks. The only thing we can do is get out for our hour or two of exercises.
Speaker 5: Going to the same place you're trying to leave. Mix it up.
Speaker 4: Went to a new park yesterday.
Speaker 5: I got to go to a new park.
Speaker 4: That's why I got so lucky. So I went to a park with the lake.
Speaker 5: Dog like that as well. Don't know all those new smells.
Speaker 18: Love that.
Speaker 4: So came across this the cutest family of ducks, and I'm not kidding. There was ten little must have been born this week. They were fluffballs, brand new. So I thought, well, this is an afternoon for me. So I pulled up a seat and then just watched the ducks for all time. I watched this little break away from her family.
Speaker 5: Now just sat there by yourself. I've got a dog, got a dog. Where is the dog somewhere?
Speaker 4: This kid obviously interested in the ducks like me, but she's more adventurous. She's tiptoeing up to them, and she's gonna try and like get right up close to them.
Speaker 5: And so when you say founded, is it like little ducklings and the dad or the mom the mama.
Speaker 4: So The mama duck obviously doesn't like the girl getting closer. She's looking at her right in the eye, making an eye contact with her. But the little girl strolls on, gets closer and closer, and then the mama duck snaps and she's charged the little girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well she's protecting the ducklings.
Speaker 4: So the little girl squeals just manages to escape.
Speaker 5: But are you also squeazing running to ahead of the little girl? An influencer?
Speaker 4: So this girl managed to escape, but it did make me think not every kid must be so like sometimes that mama duck must be a curious kids.
Speaker 5: And that's why they chase. They catch one out of ten, some kid would have fallen over and the duck is on you.
Speaker 4: Trauma is my question this morning. Can we open it up? Did you as a kid or did your kid get caught by the mom and duck?
Speaker 5: Perhaps you ever been savage by ducks?
Speaker 3: You know what I have been chased by all my aunt's farm is a turkey.
Speaker 5: I think they say your art.
Speaker 3: No, those things, the turkeys, they are terrifying.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Every year we chopped them up and eat them. They got issues and how big are they? They're like size a draft. They are huge.
Speaker 4: So what did you do to annoy the turkey?
Speaker 3: Well, I know you know what it was. You had to go past the turkeys who were beautifully running wild on the farm. They were like free range turkeys and nutters. No, but I was going to the chick shed to collect the eggs and for Annie Glennis. But I actually had to go to turkey and I just couldn't do it. I had to jump back over the fence because they were vicious.
Speaker 5: What about that noise? He always gets you before they do?
Speaker 4: May I hear it again?
Speaker 5: It's like it's like a gobble gobble, but very quickly certain registered and that that sort of what is that next thing? Almost small? Then, but it does look like a sort of old man's bull back. I need to pay pictures. Is that that?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 5: And then that all together is terrifying.
Speaker 3: But they're massive things like like a little.
Speaker 5: You get that speed bob in your face. What we want to know is, have you been attacked by all.
Speaker 4: Right, for any other animal?
Speaker 5: Just just we don't just want calls about Mamma duck attacking the old man might have done something as well. Have you been attacked by a duck or animal or any animal. So bonus ducks, signe bonus turkeys. Have you lifted other tail? We won't get any calls. No one lives another tell that's someone else.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Twenty five to eight, Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three. Thank you very much for everyone who was still asking celebrities to give us a call. All ends tomorrow at nine am. Kelly Hill, have seen the ones that you've been asking John the last five minutes be amazing. She just asked Seth Rogen to give Hi a call. He will be outstanding. And the ones you're asking at the moment, good on you. Thank you all right? So Jack saw lovely scene yesterday ducklings.
Speaker 4: Ducklings must have been brand new born in the last week. I reckon they're all fluff. They're so fluffy, could hardly see.
Speaker 5: Their heads the innocence of spring.
Speaker 4: They just fluff. A little girl tried to approach the ducklings, and Mama duck did not like it, charged the little girl. She just got away. But I think some people wouldn't be so lucky.
Speaker 5: You Ever been chased by swamp?
Speaker 4: Never been chased by swan terrifying.
Speaker 5: That was me at the age of five. They will break a man into with one of their wings. Oh soon, so you google it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: They can't break a person's arm with their wings. Google it, you'll find out it's true. Now. Yeah, honestly, the wing of a swan many people to be this in right now with fracture still that won't never hear that because they've been just that one flap of that wing. They will really protect their signets. Swans are known for it. That's why the Queen has some as part of her army. She owns all the swans of Britain. I'm not making up. She owns. Yeah, that's her last line of defense. If they get the beef eaters, then she unleashes those swans on you.
Speaker 4: Swans can break a man's arm. In fact, yep, they're in the top ten most dangerous birds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, let's go to Sam. Good morning Sam.
Speaker 14: Okay, and I just want to say, awesome show. I enjoy it. But I've got a worse story than your swan stories.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks Sam for what you said. By the way, very kind of you.
Speaker 14: I have got I was in a park by a river, and I watched a Pelatan steel mains burger.
Speaker 5: We sammy boy, a Pelicans steal a man's burger. What a double burger Cheeseburgerrickon.
Speaker 14: It was a nice, juicy, proper burger from the local shop down at the park by the river. And the Pelotan it was like, no, he was he puffed himself up, sitting next to the people where I'll never see anything like it. But yeah, the Palatine goot up close and basically charged at him, and obviously he's built. The bill of the Peloton's quite I guess what what fuffies? I don't know, you know what I'm saying, But yeah, just went grabbed a burger and Bill was done with it.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow, terrifying to witness all that.
Speaker 14: Sam, Yeah, it was pretty confronting.
Speaker 5: Much noise, A lot of noise, A bit of honking. Yeah, what kind of honking? Sam? Okay?
Speaker 10: Ah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, probably bigger than that.
Speaker 5: Wow. That and the Bill You put those together. Are you're terrified You're giving up me cheeseburger, aren't you? And have someone else for them?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's got Sam. All right, Sam, we'll send your price. Thanks you cool?
Speaker 14: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 5: Take care buddy, David, Good morning.
Speaker 20: Hello Christian, how are I?
Speaker 5: I'm going to David, So, what animal have you been attacked by?
Speaker 20: An emu? Picture this five year old at the Melbourne Zoo, you know, tucking into a nice cinnamon donut in the Australia Exhibit. All of a sudden em you decided it wanted my donuts. So this five year old running around crying protecting his donut, proud to say, not only did I offend it off, but I kept the donut.
Speaker 4: How'd you fend off an Yeah?
Speaker 5: What do you do? They're huge and a little five year old. My money's on the eil every time.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but you know, get between a man and his donut, and things possible.
Speaker 5: Even a mini man, a growing man at the age of five, if you hang on to that cinnamon donut, young boy, David, that's great. You have a good day. Thanks on the show. Take care. Thank Kevin.
Speaker 6: I like Christian, how are you today?
Speaker 5: I'm good? You've got a story about a goose attacking you?
Speaker 10: Yes, one fine evening I was at the back of the place and I was caught caught short, shall we say, and I moved towards the hedge to relieve myself, and it was just happening right near a goose's nest, and the goose came out of.
Speaker 5: The behearis if someone started doing that round my my house from the goose part of you, that's disgusting, mate.
Speaker 6: Well it was.
Speaker 19: It was well I've actually never thought of it from the gooseen. Yeah, yeah, well well here or she wasn't very angry. She was trying to take a piece of me.
Speaker 5: That's quite important, is going to get pecked off.
Speaker 19: There was a lot of a lot of dancing and it is. There was a lot of fits and places going everywhere but anywhere it was. It was quite an excited to heave me.
Speaker 5: Also, that is a great story. Kevin, will send your prize well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: And Jackie Boy has had a treat in the last ten minutes of the outbreak in that song. How many pecks on the Winkie Stories together.
Speaker 4: I've got too, and I've chosen one. We can't have too many pecked on the Willy stories, So Barry, good luck, You've bet the other chosen one.
Speaker 5: It's Sophie's choice today, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Just these miserations to Sean, who you have to let go.
Speaker 5: The one that got away. Let's go to Yvonne here.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 16: I saw a pelican pick up at Chiuella and take off with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what you got it? You've got to tell us more. What happened exactly.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're just sitting by the lake having a picnic. This pelican came along two hour sitting there, picked it up, flew up onto the lamp post, bleed hanging out the mouth, got thick, couldn't swallow it, stuck down the water and let it go.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god.
Speaker 5: All right, So did the pelicans sort of do a fly by and grab it or was it just walking along?
Speaker 16: No, they were feeding a lot of them. He come down, thought it was a fish, picked it up and took off to the lamp post, and.
Speaker 5: Then it was a big, old, furry, yappy fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where did you drop the little tur off? In the lake or on the lande?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Back in the lake. Yeah, it wasn't very deep there, so yeah, we got him out.
Speaker 5: That's incredible. Was it your was it your dog or somebody else's.
Speaker 16: No, it was a friend that was just sitting with us having a bite to eat. Yeah, she was quite distressed, but it was okay at the end.
Speaker 5: Well, what a story's got to tell us? O the doggy mates? Yeah, you send on. That's a grade when you take.
Speaker 1: Care, do you too?
Speaker 5: Think by Heather? Good morning?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 13: How are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good Heather, good Heather, Hi, Yes.
Speaker 13: Totally attacked by a turkey and my son. Well, my dad and my stepmm was staying at a property and they had turkeys there and it actually this turkey was evil. You could see there was something about it, and it started chasing my son. So I picked up my son to get him with that turkey was double the size to him, and it started running after me. So I'm forty years old, running away, going Dad help me.
Speaker 7: He ran to the house.
Speaker 13: And it actually stalked us at the house. It was sitting there, and every single window I went to it was there. It was horrible.
Speaker 14: It was hor.
Speaker 13: Place and the only good turkey is a turkey on a plate. My daughter thinks it's the funniest thing.
Speaker 5: You getting excited now? Up against He.
Speaker 13: Tells everyone at school.
Speaker 7: She tells everyone in school, this mommy.
Speaker 13: Got chased by a turkey.
Speaker 7: It was so funny.
Speaker 5: Horrible, Heather, that's a great story. Thank you very much. Worried by Barry.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian. I'm a steakcatcher for Mornington. And I was attacked by a muscovy duck and he grabbed me on the old fellow.
Speaker 5: Wow, this is the one you got chosen, Barry for this story. So what happened? Were you catching a snake at the time?
Speaker 7: Yes, the planter had called me and he said there's a snake in the duck pin. There was a tree curst in there. He said, watch out.
Speaker 5: For the duck.
Speaker 7: I said, well, I'm a steaketchers if I'm going to be scared of a duck. And I flipped the tea chests and sure enough there's a big target snake underneath that. So I grabbed it by the tail, and the duck, kind of flying out of nowhere, grabbed me on the old fellow.
Speaker 1: On the old trousers snake, a trousers snake.
Speaker 4: Yes, so did you drop the brown snake snake?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 7: I held on to the tiger snake.
Speaker 5: I use guys to train pro if I even need a snake get rid. I'm hurrying you, Barry. Nothing will let make you let go. That's right.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to lose the steak, but I certainly wanted to be to get to let go as well.
Speaker 5: Sure you've got two opposing things they haven't you going on?
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 7: I wish I got it on video, but I didn't.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you have because we don't want to see it.
Speaker 7: I would have been funny.
Speaker 4: He's right, you would be don't want to see that.
Speaker 7: And I was bent over because the roof of the cage.
Speaker 5: Was sta stop it jacket bent over. Oh that's it. You chose the right one with Barry.
Speaker 4: Barry, you're getting the prize.
Speaker 5: Yes, best pecker story about all year.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you, I love you guys.
Speaker 5: We love you too, Barry, Barry Stair. And then I will send your price. Barry, do you want one of our one of our show fleeces?
Speaker 7: Oh look, I won't get anything.
Speaker 4: For it's a zip up all fleece with the Christianconnol show logo on it.
Speaker 7: Oh man, that'd be great.
Speaker 5: There you got lovely Barry. You take care thanks to calling the show. What don't mate?
Speaker 7: Thank call?
Speaker 5: Be nice to say thank you, Barry out.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 5: Podcast Jackie Boy. How many people have called so far?
Speaker 4: This will be celebrity number thirty seven.
Speaker 5: All right, let's find out who's on the line. Good morning, who's calling? Christian?
Speaker 18: Good morning christianet. Frans Dresser calling. How about my charity cancer Schmancer, which is launching in Australia.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show The Nanny. Yes, that's me, Franz. Thank you so much for giving us a call. Where in the world are you.
Speaker 18: I'm in California.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much for giving us a call. And fran tell us about your cancer. Then this is your own cancer, is it? You say? Your own cancer charity?
Speaker 18: Yes, I started it because I'm a cancer survivor and it comes. It's an organization that helps you to learn how to prevent getting sick, identify the early morning whispers so you know the tests that are available. We teach you how to reduce your risk by changing your lifestyle, by detacting your home. And we're a very progressive company. I do a Masterclize health summit that live streams all around the world with the most interesting outside of the box thinking doctors who tell us things that you may not hear at your normal doctor's office, and we put the power back in your in your hands, pay control of your body, learn how to transform from being a patient into a medical consumer, become better partners with your physicians, and stop buying products that are carcinogenic and toxic, but rather organic and eco friendly. Whatever you buy is your vote, and what you don't buy is your protests. So become more mindful about what you're buying, what you're bringing in your home, what you're feeding your family, your friends, your pets, yourself, and how you fit into the grand scheme of things on this planet, because your health and the planet health are one and the same, and the way you live equals how you feel without any wiggle room in between. Because of the ninety five percent of the things that go wrong with our health have to do with the environment that we are living in. So it's very important that we scrabbled or the rings and start changing things and reading less and becoming better medical consumers so we can all live along in healthy life.
Speaker 5: Well said, thank you very much, fran Health Fight's their life saving advice from the nanny.
Speaker 18: Thank you, thank you, and I'm so happy that was Our organization is now moving into Australia, one of my most loved favorite places in the world.
Speaker 5: Well, this is great news, is much needed. Thank you for what you said. You know soundly a lot of people listen to the show been affected by cancer and the family being concluded. So thank you for everything you said, Fran and sounds like a much needed charity with some outside the box thinking, so good on you.
Speaker 18: Thank you. I appreciate that, Christian, I really do thank you for your support.
Speaker 5: Now is this true? Then? The Nanny obviously a massive show all over the world. Is it true that it's transferring to the to the stage. Is there going to be a musical version of it?
Speaker 18: Yes, we're writing it right now. And the gal that's writing the lyrics is Rachel Bloom from Crazy at Friends, which is on Netflix, which is like a musical sitcom, and she wrote and produced it and starting it. But she's writing all the music, which makes me and Peter so happy because she's funny, she's a really smart millennial. She grew up watching the show, so she knows the tone of it and the voices. And we're really enjoying the process and you know, we'll see what happens. I mean, we often talk about you know, when the show is ready, we talk with our producer about you know, taking it through Australia.
Speaker 5: I swear, well that's great news now, Frian. Everyone who gives the show a cool this morning, we're asking them what their their pump up song is, the song that they stick on to get them going. What is it for you friend?
Speaker 18: You know, it's definitely Landslide by Stevie. Next, that's the song. That's the song that on my alarm on my phone. I wake up to it when I sent my alarm.
Speaker 5: I love it, you big Stevie Nicks fan.
Speaker 18: Yeah, well this song, yes, that's it for me. I cannot not listen to it whenever it's on after stop what I'm doing and listen to it completely, and even after my alarm has awakened me. I can't shut it off until I've heard the entire song at least one.
Speaker 5: Is that really? Is that really your alarm?
Speaker 18: Who could make this up? Christian?
Speaker 5: You're right? Who? Who other than Nanny Fran Dresher? All right, Frian, thank you very much you giveing us a call. Good on you.
Speaker 18: Oh you're so welcome, and thank you. I hope we win.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much Frian thanks to going the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Is He Dead this morning? The last two shows before the end of Who's Calling Christian? Let me now so our top five? You pick the winner, which celebrity is going to get the big money for charity twenty five thousand dollars and who is also going to get whoever asked them to call gets twenty five thousand dollars as well. Whilst we've been in the outs and songs, sometimes do the show and we're chatting to various people on Who's Calling Christian, like Frank Tresher there. Sometimes we have celebrities actually call and leave voicemails like Gout who we missed him?
Speaker 15: Bent Lee, Hey, Christian, it's Ben Lee here. I've been asked to call in by more than four hundred of the biggest names in our live music and events industry. We've all gotten together to launch the hashtag vax the Nation. It's a new campaign that's all about encouraging everyone listening to go and get their jab and it's our initiative to try and get the show.
Speaker 19: Back on the road.
Speaker 15: If you miss concerts, touring and live events. There's an entire industry of people just waiting to put events on for you guys to go and get sweaty and you'll be around each other and have fun at The charity that I am picking is Aboriginal Legal Service. They fight for the rights of Aboriginal people. Really amazing advocates. My Guilty Pleasure is Missing You by John Waite No Guilt or Pleasure.
Speaker 5: Great song. Thank you very much, Ben Lee. Earlier this morning with a voicemail from Cram from Spider Bait, not only was he talking about great charity, but he's saying that tomorrow he's going to come back on the show. You know, we've been saying for a while we want people musicians to do their take a cover version of a TV theme tune. He is going to be if he stays true to his word because he wants to draw and win the charity of the money, He's going to be doing his take on the Neighbour's theme tune. So that could be waiting for us tomorrow. Someone else to call, Hi, Christian, this is Tiny Perrin calling.
Speaker 21: I was on East Street, the host of Funniest Home Video, Down with the Stars, and recently you would have seen me on I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Year, Christine Hill, she left me at DM on my install.
Speaker 5: She asked me to call you.
Speaker 13: My chosen charity has Got You for Life, which.
Speaker 21: Is a men's mental health charity. And I feel very very strongly about men expressing themselves and learning to say what they're feeling and know that everyone is there for them and we've got their back. My guilty pleasure song is Kylie Minogue's I Can't Get You out of My Head?
Speaker 5: True great song. Talk about these songs right. Yesterday we had Logan Martin on and it was a lovely chat. If you remember him at the Tokyo Games, it was the guy that just smashed totally aced everybody else in the freestyle bmxing and it was incredible, and he's on yesterday. It was a lovely guy, his auntie Tracy and asked him to give us a call and at the end we said, what's a guilty pleasure? It wasn't really a guilty pleasure. He actually joked that our demograph of audience wouldn't know the song by is it a liver? Olivia Rodrigo Rodrigo. After the show, Jack goes to me. I was one of the biggest songs on TikTok because Jackson influenced. So I thought I was going to use this to my advance today. Every day Monday to Friday, when it's my daughter's a lunch break from her online horror of homescorling, right, we watch a TV show whatever she wants to sit down and watch together, and I saw out the food. But sometimes it can be twite a tough crowd. You've met Lois. She's a tough kid. She's a fifteen year old teenager. You know we had at Middleton on earlier says special Forces, you know breaks down sebenties on SCS. Tough enough. If he got in my fifteen year old daughter, the withering, they just say, you know what it's like, you went you were what's a teenager? It's like the whole lives they've been watching you write, and suddenly you see where the little weakness is right where the where the key is to the hurt locker that you thought is buried. They will pick that lock and get right in there. Do you remember when she came in on this show and when questions broke you, she broke me. Yeah, but what are you think asking a fifteen year old, am I cool?
Speaker 4: I thought I was cool, and I thought she would go, yes this, Yeah, my dad's lame, but you are cool and lucky we have you on the show. She didn't think I was turned on you. I also asked, how old do you think I am? I wish I thought. I actually thought I look younger than I do in my early thirties. She gets, I look thirty seven.
Speaker 5: And that crushed him. So anyway, yesterday I go in thinking when I just mentioned this driver's license song, you know, as we're on the couch before were about to watch Brooklyn nine nine er was watching Yeah, settled on yesterday. So she sits on the couch. She straightway, she goes, don't talk because she just wants that's her time, right, And I go, hey, hang on a minute. She pauses it. I now get I talk for a living, right, I will go and do stand up anywhere. I now get dry mouth.
Speaker 4: I go, oh, the spotlight on you.
Speaker 5: Driver's license was the song time talk Oliver Ollie. I'll just go with the song title. I go, hey, you know the song I do this? I do? You know? Let's tell me about it. I went, I even lied, I didn't say it came from you. I went, yes, it's driving back today. Just listen to some new tunes and that drive who is groaning in here? That driver's license track? Right? Have you heard that? Isn't it brilliant? She goes up there, she looks at me with her and she goes came out. I like at the start of this year.
Speaker 4: It's already dead and gone.
Speaker 5: Presses play and we sit there in a horrible sight. It's right, the couch swallows me or what I'm hearing in this is this in my mind? And I even said to her nothing, I got nothing she wants. It's just it's just it's just over. It's a long time ago. Do you know what that song's about? I went, I'm guessing. We then get into it, go it's guessing that she gets a driver's license. She drives away from him, she goes surprisingly closet.
Speaker 4: That is doesn't one to give an inch.
Speaker 5: The end of the couch chat. Now, please help me out here. If any any of you hipsters are listening right now, what song I'm going to go back in today? And my dad, I'm trying on this couch every day at lunchtime. It is the toughest gick in my life. You gotta really fed up. She's just over though all the teenagers are. They're over lockdown and you got your old man trying to get some chit chat during you a little bit of headspace to eat and just watch a TV show? What song can I name drop today? I might even record her reaction right just to see how tough it is in there.
Speaker 4: And we need something I guess extremely current because I would have said that is brand news.
Speaker 5: It just goes to show we know nothing about TikTok. Please give me a song, give me a story that I can just drop in there today.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Today is world a book lover's day. We love our books on a show. Got a couple of recommendations to Iron for double thumbs up Friday. However, today we're not celebrating books. We're asking you to ruin a book, ruin a book title. I've heard you chuckling and then groaning in the last two hours getting your time wasters ready. What's up?
Speaker 4: I'm just getting them prepared how you like them. I like to serve them.
Speaker 5: Pot I'm looking at mine. I'm gonna sure if they are whole, they've gone cold, or they're burnt All right? Ruin a book title three Amazing Books, Amazing movies. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. Tell you what on bord of the rings? Not another one? Find that ring already.
Speaker 4: On bord of that obvious joke?
Speaker 5: Oh, you holding something good? All the President's Men. It's a classic book about journalism where they discover that Nixon was up to no good. Ruin that book title, that's right, All the President's Menus, What are you going to have?
Speaker 6: In?
Speaker 5: Are you having the Chicken?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 5: Interview with the Vampire is a classic work of fiction by Anne Rice. But ruin it. That's right to sit down with Razor Ray. It's an interview with an umpire.
Speaker 4: Gold plus a whole.
Speaker 5: Nove Ether dealing with the life and times Razor Rage, Lady Chatterley, lover, Outrage when it came out, Lady Chattera's loofer. Oh when she's in the bath, scrub those hard to reach places. Gold See Spot Run one of the best selling children's books ever. Ye See Spot Run Into traffic. Oh, Bronze Cliff had the big dead dog and.
Speaker 4: Struggling at particularly the dogs Jackie White.
Speaker 5: What did he got ruined? A book title?
Speaker 4: Gone Girl was a great mysterious book. Where is she gone? Gone Fishing Girl?
Speaker 5: Oh? He said, it's the board of the rings that sits with it when she goes down the lake catching heroin.
Speaker 4: Bronze Moneyball before it was a great movie. We're starting Brad Pitt. It was a book monkey Balls.
Speaker 3: Sorry too much talk about those this morning.
Speaker 5: Tell you what Jackie boy loves it.
Speaker 4: He's kidding one your face cloud outless never edit but heard good things, beautiful bookh cloud out lists. Oh no, my outlas is in the cloud. Got it downloaded? Oh no, I don't know WHI fi looking.
Speaker 5: Around the room trying to get eye content for producers that are looking away. And it's terrible. Not even going to mark. You caught pull the rings of this which it was high cloud atless. You just put one letter from word letter. What's your final whe end strong? Come on?
Speaker 4: Okay. We all hate math. We hate it worse subject of school. That's why I'll never read the Grapes of math.
Speaker 5: Texting yours to none of us have dunbe world.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: Our Time Wasted Today for you is ruin a book title. All right, let's see what you've got, oh Lordie, he shades of Graham.
Speaker 4: That's the gold.
Speaker 5: It's a different kind of Dan Harry Potter on the Chamber of Victoria's Secrets, Dirty Harry.
Speaker 4: Silver up to a silver plus.
Speaker 5: There's Wally, but there is.
Speaker 4: Gold plus.
Speaker 5: That is simple but really smart. Warwick, well done instead of war and piece by Tolstoy, Shane Warner in Peace Maddie, well done. The girl whose mum wouldn't let her get a dragon tattoo? Silver nice try Connie.
Speaker 4: The man in the Iron Bath silver plus.
Speaker 5: Encyclopedia Titanica Bronze, The very angry Caterpillar. It's because he's hungry. He's got you know, when you get a bit sort of cranky? When is lunch?
Speaker 4: Bronze.
Speaker 5: I tried Hannah instead of Murder on the Urine Express because of Christie's classic. It's murmur on the is that someone be murdered by silver plus Ruin a book title, A question the Da Vinci cod Gold, Thank you, Aaron for signing off with kind regards, Aaron, thank you, and very polities listener. The very hung caterpillar who put that one through deer.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear silver immediate. I think he means hungover.
Speaker 5: Well, it doesn't hungover. He doesn't say hungover. That's one word you put that in. I think he means AnyWho snow White and the seven Dark Dorks. I ruined it for you lead pong with the win. Oh, who's done that? Give it twenty minutes in there, gold John Ugly Cohoti Bronze. Oh that is smartly roid Jackie boy didn't get it all right? We're after this would play what happened to down? Who's calling Him?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Just as we were getting ready to play the Little montas Boss happened today? Head towards the end of Who's Calling Christian? Tomorrow morning on the show at nine. We have some online right now toward the end of the show, the last a few minutes. Good morning, who's calling Christian? Who's this?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 5: Christian?
Speaker 11: It's Tom mcdonald'm your favorite football team, the Melvin Demons.
Speaker 5: Give him? How t mac Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: How are you, Matte?
Speaker 5: I'm good. How is the atmosphere with the team you excited? How do you feel right now?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I'm starting to get excited at us. A few people ask me, it doesn't quite feel real. We've been in hotel quarantine for two weeks today the second last day, so we sort of haven't seen a newspaper or TV article about us. So it's been a bit of a strange build up. But now it's starting to get a bit more real.
Speaker 5: A day out and I saw I follow you on Instagram. You're a fellow smoker and meat cooker and lover like you like me. It looked like yesterday you were making someone's kind of meets for the entire team. Is that right?
Speaker 11: Not the entire dam So there's four of us who are pretty passionate about it. And then we had a lot of envious onlookers the other day, so expanded out meat to about twelve guys and we had quite a delivery essay, so we've been looked after. And yeah, we had a good barbecue.
Speaker 5: So who are the players and they're in the inner circle of the meat club.
Speaker 11: Who's in a circles myself, Angus spray Shaw, Charlie Spargo and Sam Wheedeman and our Ford line coach streaks happened right?
Speaker 5: And have you got any vegetarians in the team. What do they do? They ask you if you're going to sit on a tofee sausage or something.
Speaker 11: We do have a couple. Ben Brown's a vegan and then the doctor's looks like.
Speaker 5: A vegan doesn't need that translucent skin. You know.
Speaker 11: He actually come back and he goes to be honest, boy, is that looks all right? But I'm not going to touch it. So he's got a rough run because he's a vegan, but he's a Celiac as well, so he's quite He's pretty limited in his three options. And when all had to touch any of he's coaster or anything he's got around the hotel.
Speaker 5: Oh no, And what you do to while the early hours because obviously you're training, you get ready for tomorrow night's big game against the Cats, but there must be bits where you've just got that nervous energy and you're board What are you all doing?
Speaker 11: We to be honest, we're playing jack. We're playing a lot of board games. We started Game of Thrones board game yesterday which took four hours and we didn't get a winner. It's just been card PlayStation competitions and just training. We're still training as normal work we would in Melbourne. So yesterday was a sorry. The day before was a full day of training where we left it seven thirty and got back at four a plockish, so that sort of fills up those days. But today is a shorter one, so we'll have to pull it in with something yourselfnoon.
Speaker 4: Tom. I'm sad to hear hear of the board bring up the board games because I was invited to two Melbourne Football Club board game days and then my invites dried up after that, and I see online that you're still having them.
Speaker 11: Well, they actually did dry up after your one. Just in Melbourne based on a couple of us had kids and the life experience has sort of changed a little bit and then COVID hit and the cafes are all shut. But it's come back to life here, so we actually are talking about going back to the one in the city if that ever opens up again, so you will get another invite.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're standing by my phone. Thank you now?
Speaker 5: Tom? Are you couding it on? Behalf of a charity? What's the charity that you're supporting, Tom?
Speaker 11: It's called the Fathering Projects and it's all about helping, not helping, but assisting fathers. To be more president and engaged in their children's lives. So it's not just about being a dad and being there, but how can you have more of an impact with your children? And then if children who don't have fathers being able to get father figures in their life. And it's a lot of stuff around kids who have a dad who's a lot more engaged in their life but much less likely to have risky behaviors like alcohol and drugs, down the line, violence and much better health and health outcomes. So that's what we're working on.
Speaker 5: Good for you. We're asking everyone who calls this morning. Oh, by the way, the other question we've been asking people to call it in about today's have you ever been attacked by an animal? Duck?
Speaker 11: You're up on a farm and I never have.
Speaker 5: No, You're a survivor, Tom What is your pump up song? So before the big game tomorrow, if you listen to a song, what would you be listening too as you get ready for that massive match against the cats, which of course you're going to smile them.
Speaker 11: I like to go back to some Blink Mondy to What's My Age Again?
Speaker 5: Great song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 5: I'm sticking on this board game night, those hours of flyaway. Hey Tom, good luck tomorrow night. Honestly, I'm nervous already. I cannot wait to watch the game. It's a huge game for the club and all the expectations, but I just hope you'll really enjoy it. You've played so well this season, it's been amazing. I've only been a fan for three years, so there'll be a lot of people listening who've been fans for many, many, many years who've been enjoying your rise this year. It's been a joy to watch it all.
Speaker 11: Well done, no thank you it. It's been good to hear all the message from back home and the people who have been supporters for fifty sixty years and haven't seen a flag. So look, we just hope we can go go out and play the same way we have all year, and hopefully that's enough to get us overline. Give them hell, thanks, say you guys.
Speaker 5: Good luck, Tom, Bye, a brighter nose.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.