Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Oh they might fall asleep.
Speaker 3: I've got this bag of pigs hoards, but that's all I really bought with me.
Speaker 4: Touch my pecks.
Speaker 1: They are lukewal The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Show, one thousand, two hundred and ninety. Good morning, Patsy, Morning boys, Good morning Jack Post Morning team. Today Wednesday. On the show, we always do a thing at eight o'clock this morning called what are the odds? Your stories of coincidence and chance. Someone's already messages me this morning, Christian. I was listening to the podcast or the show from August to six, and I was having my dinner and the first thing that comes on is Patsy talking about Lamb Shanks. Will guess what my dinner was. Oh, yam, Lamb Shank. What are the odds? Wow? It started two hours early. Jack has brought his guitar in today. This is a before woman's day for you, Jackie Boyce. So you're singing immediately after the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bianko and I are singing together today at Gordie's daycare. We've been asked to perform four songs for the kids. Well been asked, Bianca volunteered us other parents.
Speaker 4: That's the spirit, that's that's who you want and performing what the children do.
Speaker 3: They asked parents to do, like can you come in and do anything with the kids. Yesterday's parents just read them a book.
Speaker 4: Come on, and I'm guessing that you were practicing yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've rehearsed my songs. Do you want me to play you in?
Speaker 4: I want? I want to hear the opener. Okay, Now, first of all, you said that Bianch is your backup singer. This is Jack and Biancher from a week ago at karaoke. A man, Jack, he's actually cruel to put that in front of young minds who could be irreparably broken. But wait, he's got a backup singer. His wife suddenly reading a book is what you two should be doing together. Those poor children, think of the innocent mind.
Speaker 3: So we went into that karaoke session without any rehearsal. We rehearsed our songs twice. Yeah, our whole playlist.
Speaker 4: How did he go? You're happy?
Speaker 3: You tell me I'm going to play you some old McDonald had a farm. Okay, this is interactive as well with the kids, so you guys can be.
Speaker 4: The kid brilliant.
Speaker 3: Old McDonald had a farm.
Speaker 4: Someone's rushing through this. Yeah, he's been rehearsing. This is with rehearsal.
Speaker 3: McDonald, Old McDonald had a farm. I think your voice.
Speaker 4: Can you get the audio where chat went? You decide? Oh?
Speaker 5: My old McDonald had a bit of a down.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, yes, tell you what.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, Okay, you get in your head now, turn like their voice, right, spin around, you know the turn around and then come back now. But imagine that we are children, we're Gordon. Okay, so when you come back around on your chair, get that game face on and not that pitchy high too low crap.
Speaker 3: Donald Morning children, money, mister post. Now, I am Gordy's dad and this is Gordy's mom, and have we got some.
Speaker 4: So I love it.
Speaker 3: Have you guys ever heard of old McDonald?
Speaker 5: Yes, well, old McDonald.
Speaker 3: Had a farm. Found it e that's not.
Speaker 4: Am I? Please? No more, no more, Jack, if you are that nursery council now nine four one four one four three worst children's entertainer.
Speaker 1: Ever Christian Donald's show podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid to say that Jack's coming with another song in a minute. I've actually listened to a minute of him mangling old McDonald again.
Speaker 3: This is why musicians will do a.
Speaker 4: Sound Absolutely, it's lucky as to be in at that sound check.
Speaker 3: To get the cob webs out of the system. This has honestly always been my problem with singing. Once I lock in, I feel like I can capably see.
Speaker 4: But I've never heard by the way i've heard you sing it for he is, I've never heard that locking in. You must do it in secret, real secret somewhere. I've heard it locked out, mane.
Speaker 3: Sometimes finding the entry is the hardest.
Speaker 4: It's like cracking the coach a safe is it like the tumblergu in one went.
Speaker 3: But once you're in the treasures.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, poor Gordy is all I can say.
Speaker 3: Three hours from now now, I think I've got McDonald where it needs to be. Or do you want to hear another song?
Speaker 4: It's entirely up to you. I'm going to I'm going to say he just tuned in. By the way, Jack sport is guitar and today after the show he's off to his son Gordon's too to is kindy and he's performing soon four songs there today.
Speaker 3: Yes, volunteering, no pay.
Speaker 4: Well you shouldn't be paid either, based on.
Speaker 3: This, Maybe I'll put a kids like a bustard.
Speaker 4: So what's the song about to hear?
Speaker 3: This is old McDonald just I've changed the I've changed the key it was. It wasn't in my.
Speaker 4: Room, That's what it was, all right?
Speaker 3: Old McDonald had a farm ey together, Now on that farm and this is where I was pointing to the kids and go, oh you young boy, Christian, what animal did you have on the farm? Pick on that farm? He had a pig.
Speaker 4: With a point point here and there, here, there everywhere? McDonald slashing.
Speaker 5: Locked in.
Speaker 4: Okay, then okay, that's your opener. What's song too? You've got them?
Speaker 3: Then we go into the wiggles. Yeah, okay, this is called point your finger and do the twist. Ye can you point your finger and do the twist?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Can you point your finger and do the twist?
Speaker 4: He's got the children's in a grin and face on.
Speaker 3: Well we gotta get up and get down, get back up and turn around your finger and do the twist.
Speaker 4: So are you going to need to get up and then get down?
Speaker 3: And the song a bit they will be encouraged to dance during that.
Speaker 4: Who's doing the encouragement back up vibes and choreography and singing she's.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping she'll do more of the interaction with the children and I'll just worry about the scene right, rather than put on the kids entertainer voice.
Speaker 4: I think you have to do. Otherwise they can't get who this Jack Post character is the rest of us. Let them in, Jack, Let them in. You will have to do a bit of him, him.
Speaker 3: Jack, and maybe I do some funny singing, and then that gives me an excuse that if it's not quite unpitched, they're like, oh, it's like a class yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you're saved them. But well, don't you looking good?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Yesterday was King Charles's last day and it's wildly successful tour down under. I'm pretty sure him at the same time next year he knows he's always welcome here. Yesterday he was doing the fleet review, which mainly appeared that he was sort of wandering around warships with a hard hat in high vizabeth and stuff, just pointing at random rivets. Saw that out that looks that looks terrible. And then he also gave a speech where obviously someone had sort of worded him up about hey, listen if you want to befriend the locals here okay mentioned smashed avo and the wine they like.
Speaker 6: I think that Sydney is a world famous through his cuisine, withether it's smashed avo, a pair of or a cab save, and that is what I hope has been on display.
Speaker 4: Now bless him, but it actually sounds a high in today's modern world. That's not how human is it. It's an impersonation of what you think English posh English people sound like.
Speaker 6: I think that Sydney is a world famous through his cuisine, whether it's smashed avo, a pair or a cab save, and that is what I hope has been on display.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even sound human what he's trying to say, and I hope it's been on display. Even like who says cuisine. None of us know would be even say the word cuisine, but the one he says, it's very possuble cuisine.
Speaker 3: It sounds like someone doing an impersonation of him, where you would say, no, that's too much. Pull back a little bit.
Speaker 4: What did he think that people will start going to cheer and night?
Speaker 6: He is like us, for Sydney is a world famous through his cuisine, whether it's smashed avo, a path or a cab Sam. That is what I hope has been on display.
Speaker 4: Wow. We do you think you're ever going to see him here again?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, when he leaves, wave goodbye. He ain't ever coming back.
Speaker 1: World On Australia, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time for this week Battel of the Decades, a song for the eighties, nineties and two thousands, which put a song up representing the eighties, nineties and two thousands. You decide which song you want to hear this morning. Three songs enter, one song leaves one era to rule them all. It's Christian o'connall's battle Love that Decade, Batsy You ready?
Speaker 7: I am ready, even though producer Caitlin just came in here and got in my head and said it better be good today. That's because the other two are exceptional.
Speaker 4: So we are holding aces be a fact. I actually think this is a battle between Jack and I. You're not even in it this week.
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Wait and say you're holding.
Speaker 4: And it is a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you won't be seeing what I'm holding. You'll like what I'm holding.
Speaker 4: I've seen what you're holding. I'm about to pan out. No, okay, what have you got them for the eighties parents?
Speaker 2: I've got Bruce Springstein Glory Days.
Speaker 4: Now. You know I love the boss, but this saying.
Speaker 2: Hang on, just hang on a minute? Stop the music? Are you saying? He's your man?
Speaker 4: Is my man?
Speaker 2: Don't like this song?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't care for Glory Days, the fifth of seven top ten singles from the boarder USAMA, But I don't care for this one. Jack.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it on you will find this.
Speaker 4: I love Bruce, but this I find it a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is enjoy moment. I can't believe you you hang it on your man, Bruce.
Speaker 4: I'm shocked. I can't go on all the ones you could have got the eighties there were some bigger bangers.
Speaker 2: Than Glory Days happened to like Glory Day's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 4: It's a good song, but is.
Speaker 2: It enough deserves its space in this seventh.
Speaker 4: Al Right? I see Glory Days on Bruce Springston and I go I'm representing the nineties, and I go to one of the biggest voices, not just in the nineties ever, Mariah Carey. Guys, this Wednesday. Okay, it's Wednesday. I know this is competely Yeah, yeah, yeah. And I think even Bruce when he hears fantasy would go, God, damn it, madam, you've got a voice. Oh my god, listen to this. It's so much sugary greatness. Let it is your soul and it's a fantasy. It's Mariah Carrie. What a voice? How does she do that? Big?
Speaker 8: Where you go?
Speaker 4: What is that? It's so much? What is that goal?
Speaker 7: This was obvious soundtrack of the Jackie chan What was the movie where the little girl was kidnapped?
Speaker 2: And was on this soundtrack?
Speaker 4: Oh, Shimmer's list.
Speaker 9: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guy, there's some music that's quality.
Speaker 4: No, and then suddenly.
Speaker 2: You should hang your DJ.
Speaker 4: Holding up the chests popped out. It's a fantasy, man, Jackie boy.
Speaker 3: He didn't worry arguing amongst yourself because I'm holding a silver bullet. This song, when I was fourteen years old, really got my attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, we don't need this creepy set up with the wizards and the old Wizards cloak out, the staff polishing underneath it.
Speaker 3: Listen to this lineup, Christine Aguilera, Lil Kim Meyer, Pink. The song is Lady Mamaalade.
Speaker 2: No, you too have lost the plot this week.
Speaker 4: This is this is a crime against humanity and music.
Speaker 3: Understand, this is not great.
Speaker 4: This is a man who's given up on life.
Speaker 2: I'd say the vote's quite obvious today.
Speaker 7: Needs clearly, Bruce, I was actually real.
Speaker 3: To give me the win and go. Don't worry about anything.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you is my vote of a finger, single finger in the air. Everything about this bad Go to fox. I've ever play it all right, guys, emotions are running high. You can hear it. Do this? Emotions are running high? Can we agree that? So you vote right now than on oh four seven five three one o four three. If you want to hear glory das by the Boss, then you just vote eighties.
Speaker 2: Any taste.
Speaker 4: If you want greatness in your ears, in your heart, you want to let Mariah carry in, you've owned nineties to fall seven five three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: If you don't actually like music, don't need the witness please.
Speaker 4: Yeah's text in two thousands and the Turd emoji two oh four and I know what song you want? Seven five oh three, one oh four three you decide right now. The winning song is played next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope in the years I had ahead of me that I never hear Jack ever tell me what caught his eye when he was fourteen. That's a weekly feature. We do not need to go into what caught Jack's fourteen year old eye? Christine Aguillera, what else is on that list? Do not phone in? There are no prizes. No one wins. Bruce Springsteen, Glory Days, Speig winning of the Ballot of Decades? Today? What on Patsy ten to seven Wednesday Morning, Christian O'Connell's show. Next week on the show, We're going to have a load of you in for the longest pop whoever can fire a champagne, cook the furthest wins five thousand dollars in cash and you get lawn chickets the Champions Steaks Day Saturday, November the ninth, and you get five hundred dollars worth of food and drink for you and five mates. It's an amazing price. What if some of the waits to the Melbourne Cup Carnival, November the second of the ninth. It's almost here where fashion meets celebrity and adrenaline meets jackpots. Get really for the longest pop pop right now? Shake that bottle up.
Speaker 9: We need some people for the longest pop. Hey, you won a win five K. Gotta pop that clock, baby Poppe bar oh.
Speaker 4: Way today the Champagne athletes that we're looking for. If you work in a warehouse, today's for you, my friends. It is warehouse Wednesday. If you work in a warehouse calling now nine four one four one oh four three. Anyone on the team ever worked in a warehouse?
Speaker 3: I did, and I didn't mean to you. I did work experience any yeah, guitar.
Speaker 4: Sho mean he didn't mean starts having a job in ause.
Speaker 3: I thought I did work experience in the guitar shop, but I thought it'd be testing the airs, testing the guitar strings, that sort of thing. All week I spent out the back of their warehouse folding down boxes.
Speaker 4: My experience working a warehouse exactly the same job, folding down the boxes. And this is what happens. That the best outcome for me, like Jack and I, is you might get a radio show. Otherwise in the power world, we're still doing those boxes. That's exactly the warehouse I did for six weeks once they told me that I'd be working out the front on the till and they saw how bad or was it customer service going. There's a little boxes that need breaking down right now for you, young O'Connell.
Speaker 3: No math needs to be done with returning pats.
Speaker 7: I can't imagine you ever watched ye I did when I left you year twelve before I went to UNI, I worked to a book warehouse, like a pop up bookshop, and it was actually really hard work.
Speaker 4: Do you mean one of those temporary little bookshops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was massive. Though it was huge.
Speaker 3: It was an old so you would get the order, put it in the mailing pouch, send it out.
Speaker 2: No, I no, even before mailing. No, people would can't before one shopping.
Speaker 4: I know you're old time, before.
Speaker 5: Mailing before watching a cave like cave paintings, smoke signals.
Speaker 7: More online shopping, and I'm like you two. They were very trustworthy and I even did the banking at the end of the night and took the money to the to the bank and put it in the hole in.
Speaker 4: The wall three chickens from farmer Childs.
Speaker 2: I hated it. I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: I was actually very happy breaking down boxes. I have to say, all right, warehouse friends, give us a call right now. Do you think any warehouse right now there's people like you and I cha they still breaking down the boxes, or that they have a machine that does that for you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think it's it's an intricate job. Got to get them as floods just about crunch No.
Speaker 4: Nine one four three. Give us a call on Warehouse Wednesday.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Next Thursday.
Speaker 4: On the show the Longest Pop, each of you gets a bottle of champagne. Shake it up, you release the cork. Whoever fires the cork the furthest wins a ridiculous price. It's so much money for fire off for champagne. Cook five thousand dollars in cash five grand and you earn five mites off to Steak's Day and we'll also give you five hundred dollars food and drinks voluncher as well. Everyone that comes to take part next week gets a double pass to go to Steaks Day. So it's everyone's gonna be winning something all right, welcome to the Longest pop pop.
Speaker 9: Right now, shake that bottle up. We need some people for the longest pop. Hey, you won a win five K. Gotta pop that cock baby popp it bar.
Speaker 4: Oh way, yesterday we were looking for tradees. Today it's our friends that work in warehouses. On warehouse Wednesday nine four one four one oh four three like Harry, Good morning, Harry, good morning. Welcome to the show. Harry, Welcome to the Longest pop So tell us about the warehouse. What do you make?
Speaker 8: What do you do as we build tiny homes on trailers?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, my wife is obsessed with these two of these books. Yeah, what's the name of the company?
Speaker 8: Made by bear right?
Speaker 4: Okay? And they are amazing. You two seen these tiny homes. You can bind them, they wheel them in or like crane them in and drop them.
Speaker 3: I've seen them, yes, friends of our stadium. One just last month. They're going crazy. We never heard about tiny homes before. And another everywhere became a big thing during COVID, didn't.
Speaker 8: Harry, Yeah, they did, they did, and definitely popular with those airbnbs and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I think it'd be great? You know sometimes we have meetings here and people just crash in. We'd like gobbedygook. I'd like a tiny home on the roof where we could just have meetings up there in our tiny home on the roof of this building.
Speaker 3: Or he said they were on trailers, we can.
Speaker 4: This is it, Harry. I'm putting in an order today. Freedom from bosses and salespeople. They'd have to chase after us meeting on the back of the trailer being driven at speed round Maybourne, maybe the movie speed. We'd have to keep it by a certain speed. Harry. This is a great da Harry, exactly what do you do then? Are you're the warehouse manager? Do you own the company?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 10: No, I'm actually some apprentice carpenter and we build them.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so they built order?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? Here's another thing, right, So if you're a carpenter, is there any way you could come in when you're in next week because I'm going to select you bring the saw on the tools. I need a lock on this studio door that only I have a master Keith, Would you put a lock on the studio door here? Please?
Speaker 10: I can do that for you, yes.
Speaker 4: Harry, you're coming down next week if only for that. Okay, Harry, you through it. We'll see you for the longest pop next week sounds great? All right, thanks according in Harry. We'll see you next week. All right, tomorrow, le' sea back tomorrow. We're looking for teachers on Teacher's Thursday. Immosnow Tucker's daughter Factory Friday. In case you're wondering if I've got anything to go to or have, It's factory Friday.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: You believe what Jack did yesterday. I, out of all the people that we work with on this team, I never would have figured you would have done this.
Speaker 3: I pitched up picked up a hitchhiker yesterday for the first time in my life.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is this is un jack behavior.
Speaker 3: Beach road in Sandringham. Innocent looking guy walking along and had his thumb up. And when I saw it, it was like when you see a penny farthing or something. You're like, oh my god, you don't see that at all anymore. A hitchhiker. And I thought, you know what, I own to shock myself, shock my team. I'm going to pull over and pick up this hitch hiker.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So describe in twenties thirties, because straight away when you I mean years ago, right when I was going to my dad used always pick up hitchhikers. It used to used to see. It was a common thing to get around places, was hitchhiking, and that most of them would have a little cardboard temporary sign that would say where they were trying to get to, and if you were going along the way, you would take them like a couple of k's there and then drop them off and someone else to do it. So it was a normal thing to see hitchhikers. And now now you really don't. You're too worried that you might get attack.
Speaker 3: Sadly, yes, well I didn't think of that at the time. He looked innocent enough.
Speaker 4: What does innocent mean?
Speaker 3: He was like nineteen or twenty right, probably only like five foot nine, I would.
Speaker 4: So do you think I could take him if he went?
Speaker 3: I just did.
Speaker 2: He didn't look like someone serial killers aren't tall.
Speaker 3: He just didn't look like someone who would attack. I don't think he I didn't realize as I pulled up to him. So he's walking in the same direction I'm driving, so I'm only really seeing the back of him. He's got his thumb out, but also trying to get somewhere, which I also like because I thought, oh, he's at least helping himself get there. He just wants to get up there a little.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting on that big. I'm not gonna your all this internal dialogue. I gotta be honest. If I'm desperate to get someone, I see someone like Jackpot, like, do you know what? Actually it's I'm thinking about. It's a lovely that. I'll walk a little bit further.
Speaker 3: He couldn't believe his luck when I pulled over. Oh he was an interesting character. I'll say that.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't until I pulled over that I realized he had an open can of beer in his hand.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not a good sign.
Speaker 3: Jack fair enough, nice sunny day, and he'd been at the beach with his friends. But he lost his phone on the beach in the sand somewhere, and so now he had not already.
Speaker 4: There's too much in this story is in there.
Speaker 3: He had no way to get to his friends. All he wanted was a lift of Sandringham Station. It was a five minute truck. Okay, yeah, I know, Okay, So he jumps in the car. But then I asked him how long he's had his thumb up for. He goes almost half an hour, and I said, oh, that is way longer. I thought, he goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess these days people are worried about I don't know, getting murdered.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 4: He actually named it, Oh God.
Speaker 3: Then he said told me the story about the phone. Then he said, and I guess it's calm and me losing my phone because I was at a bush stuff on the weekend and I stole someone's back.
Speaker 4: He's in your car now check.
Speaker 3: Then we actually had a conversation about it. Maybe the universe is trying to teach him a lesson and that he won't do it next time. And he sort of nodded at that and thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you at any moment then thinking this this could turn This.
Speaker 2: Is how I die.
Speaker 3: Actually, as I was getting closer to the station, I saw a police car. I thought, happens. Maybe I could wave out the.
Speaker 4: Window, flashing her night, raise your eyebright, I've got one. I've got one.
Speaker 3: But I dropped him off. He was innocent enough. He thanked you very much. And years ago, when Bianco and I were in New Zealand. And you will think this is reckless, but we got told that in Queenstown people hitchhike all the time there and New Zealand is a very friendly.
Speaker 4: It's a very safe country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we tried to hitchhike to the airport when we leaving queen.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, no needs it's a chance like that.
Speaker 3: And no one would pick us up. Someone came and picked us up as pity and said, oh you're I see your suitcases. No one's going to pick you up.
Speaker 4: Who plans on an airport flight? We're going. We don't need to book a tack sie will it? Hitchhike?
Speaker 3: So this is many years later, that was maybe ten years ago. This is me paying it back to the universe. Now I got picked by that lady ten years ago, and now I've paid it for it.
Speaker 4: You did a good thing, like perhaps you did your family ever pick up hitchhiker?
Speaker 7: Hell no, no. But back in the seventies and eighties, you're right, it was commonplace. It was absolutely you wouldn't batter an Eyeland.
Speaker 3: So if you saw this guy yesterday, you would.
Speaker 2: Just no way I would have picked him.
Speaker 3: Would you have stopped?
Speaker 4: I don't think I would have done no, because you just think, what's what it going on? And I got me honest, Even if I pulled over and I saw the canter Bear, I just would have gutted it. And I think he would have understood even more efficive. Now I think he would have understood. I was like, oh right, there's too much wandering around the like with an open Canada bit. It's just not the right look that says I want to lift in your car. Oh you got two, we're both to have a beer. Reaching off we go, all right, when have you recently? I don't think I can't remember the last time I saw a hitchhiker?
Speaker 3: Have you maybe we asked have you been a hitchhiker? Or have you picked up a hitchhiker?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Rest assured my friends that Jack the phone bouncer has just thrown someone out the door of the show. I deserved him, Patsy going, no, I know it's a hell of a story, but I think it's too sinister for us. When are we ever going to do the sinister show? Never if this tune do we've asked this? We're just going to hitchhiker stories. We don't even need to know what happened there. Chris has got a hell of a story about a hitchhiker. Jack Pick did a good thing and saying he picked up a hitchhiker. We're looking for your hitchhiking stories on nine four one four one four three Morning Team. I broke up with my ex due to a hitchhiker. We pick him up and she brought him home and cheated on me. Yeah, she said they just watched a movie together. But I know what happened. Nine months later she had his kid baby came out with the woman with his thumb up in the air.
Speaker 2: Oh the poor guy.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 4: How in my high school years we spent at boarding school and ice to spent my weekends hitchhiking around the Bay of Islands at the top end of New Zealand. One time I was given a lift by a priest. It was on his way to church a few k's down the radio was pulled over by a traffic cop and booked for speeding. That's a bit tight. He's racing to spread the good words. Who books a priest for speeding? He's doing God's work. He's a man on the mission. Was he really a priest who knows Jay. Good morning, We're good Jay, welcome show. So what's your hitchhiker story for us?
Speaker 10: So what I was about five at this back of the early nineties. I was with my dad. We're driving back from his work. We ran out of fuel, so we had to walk to the server to get some. As we're walking back where you got the guy pulled over and pick us up. He was at a bitty boke.
Speaker 4: Wow, not a lot to those little carts.
Speaker 10: There is not a lot there would be that. My dad is over six foot tall. He sat in the little train of the back with his body tagging out the boat. Whilst I love a joke.
Speaker 4: Head, there's enough for a human normally a dog, and then some snacks if you're lucky. Yes, yes, yeah, that must have been quite the same all of you crammed into little mini moke.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we have to drive about ten minutes like that.
Speaker 4: Great Jay, thanks for coming mate, Thanks for showing the story. Have a good day, Joanne, Good morning, good morning, Good morning, Joanie. What's your hitchhiking story? Oh, well, I.
Speaker 12: See in Queenstown. It reminded me when Jack said Queenstown. We were picking my mother in law up from the airport are there. As we were leaving Queens Town, we saw these two young guys standing on the Father Road with a sign and usually they put like the location, but they just had the direction, so they said south and then under that we won't kill you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not falling for that. Maybe you'll falling somewhere for that one, but no, I'm pretty sure Ted Bundy tried that one. Well.
Speaker 12: We have quite the dark sense of humor, so we were like, that's funny, that's clever. If they're still there when we come back, we'll pick them up. They weren't still there when we came back, so somebody else had obviously l liked it as well. But we found them a little bit further down the.
Speaker 13: Road and picked them up.
Speaker 4: Wow, we won't the.
Speaker 12: Same sign out. They still had their same sign.
Speaker 4: That's great, Jennine, thank you very much your story. Thanks you calling him.
Speaker 1: Thanks Faith Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I still can't let go but the fact that someone booked a priest for speeding. Christian was driving a truck on Rosebuds of Flinders on the Mornington Peninsula. So a guy walking down the side of the road. It was a windy day. Figured he must have gotten stuck, so I picked him up. Once he was in the truck, I tried to get to know it so it wasn't awkward. I asked him what he does. He told me he's a business lawyer. It didn't make any sense, so I said, where are you just going? And hitchhiking goes? Wow, I need to get to Flinders. I got a very serious bitsiness. Okay, is that the lawyer you want? How do you get a height? Christian? I was hitchhiking to a wedding again, you said, leaving it already to chance, aren't you? And a bloke pick me up? Then ten days later I was walking back and the same guy picked me up. What are the odds? Or was he just patrolled in the streets? Who knows? All right, Yes they're on the show. We started to mention this towards the end of the show about who these days has a hobby. If you do have a hobby, can you let us know what it is? This morning on nine four one four one oh four three after show had a emails Joanna, my hobby is Faberge eggs. We've seen these these ornate with jowels things, not to take my time and decorate the meaning. I haven't done it much lately. I did the trophy in nineteen for you guys for the winner of oh ah, yes it was a beautiful one who let the grands out. I do remember, now, Heather. My hobby is crochet. I've been mating making and not mating. That's a different hobby. That's my hobby. I've been making little penguins to take to local doctors surgeries so they can be given to upset kids. Oh hell, what a lovely thing to do. Jody's hobbies hobby is I don't know you consider this hobby but collecting sea glass?
Speaker 3: Oh I know sea glass, well, you know, you kind of stuff on the shore and the sand has a road of the shatagers, so it's all nice and smooth.
Speaker 4: She sir sent me a photo of a pile of the.
Speaker 7: Lips to make something out of it.
Speaker 4: It's okay actually, and Rebecca's into geo cashing. We did this for a hot six week minute, that's all it was with the kids. So we're going to do this every weekend. It's like an adventure and you follow it is once you don't. It is good fun for a short while.
Speaker 3: What's the idea you pick it up from a geocaching location.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you go on the app and then you work out we know how long it would take you to find it, roughly, and then you find these little they're normally like little tins or lunch boxes with some things in. You leave something, you take something out, and then you go and hide it somewhere itself and then log where it is, the coordinates and stuff like that. Like I said, once you've done it once or twice, So I'm over geocashing now, Rio. What is the definition? What's the difference beween the past time and a hobby?
Speaker 3: Great question, Christian, thank you.
Speaker 14: As defined by Webster, a pastime is an activity that you do to just help you pass the time, hence the term pastime.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 14: But a hobby is something you actively pursue other than your work, that is done for relaxation.
Speaker 4: Reading is a then would be a hobby.
Speaker 3: But I think reading is a hobby.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 15: I think reading is for enjoyment to relax, Yes, but would you do it if you had if you had something else to do, like a more active hobby, wouldn't you just choose that over reading.
Speaker 3: Reading is just like oh, I've got no I.
Speaker 4: Choose to actively read for you discipline. I like to read a couple of books. Yes, I must discipline myself by reading books. I like to try and read a couple of months.
Speaker 14: Then I'd say hobby.
Speaker 3: I would say hobbyy, So what hobbies do we have?
Speaker 4: Pats, you got hobby?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 7: I wish I did online shopping. Maybe I don't have time these days.
Speaker 4: That's an addiction. There's always a tab open for some sort of shopping that I've noticed in that new studio of yours.
Speaker 2: You know what I would like to do.
Speaker 7: I do have a list of hobbies I will do when I retire, one of which is to decorate all the sticks in the garage that I've collected.
Speaker 4: Okay, serial kidder is on the list, real famous hobbies.
Speaker 3: I can't find stick decorating.
Speaker 7: Clearing in sticks, and I do want to do like a makeup Cause how many sticks do you have?
Speaker 2: About? Three or four?
Speaker 4: Won't take you long and half an hour.
Speaker 2: Nature they are.
Speaker 4: From now on? Pitch your hobby to patch. She's painting sticks. Three of them take half an hour, Pats.
Speaker 2: No, each will be different. One is yours lassive flowers. Another, as I've mentioned.
Speaker 4: On the show, makes me sad. How these days? Can I just take you into my stick collection? I'm like, oh god, you did it and this one's killed. Bertie is here? Okay, going now turn you into stick like pitch your hobby to patch.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All getting stories about hitchhikers after Jack picturing up yesterday, Christian I picked up a hitchhike. It was a rainy night. He had no umbrella, no coat. He accepted with a smile, and there was a definite spark between us. Maybe it was fate. I wondered, if it was love at first sight? What is this a story? A novel? I didn't ask his name, and we drove to a hotel. I knew, well, you know the rest, Dad? Is that you? I mean?
Speaker 2: It's a song?
Speaker 4: The rest?
Speaker 2: It is a song? Who sings it? We played all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh is that hot?
Speaker 4: Yes? At this time?
Speaker 2: Is he awakened the woman in me? That night?
Speaker 7: I can't think of this song though someone will know it, but we played all the time. I can't think he sings it.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a real story.
Speaker 4: For me too. Wow, that's powerful stuff there. I don't know what so heart? We play alone? What is someone to know? Right now? And listen to the show. What is the song that that's about the hitchhiker being picked up?
Speaker 3: Not alone?
Speaker 4: One for it?
Speaker 3: So like, I really want to make love to you.
Speaker 4: That's what it's called.
Speaker 2: I want to do?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Since that one?
Speaker 4: Yes? All right, let me read the lyrics to that peace the Morning game. My hobby is making chopping boards and knife handles and other stuff out of wood.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it is all I want to do is make love to you by heart. It was a rainy night when he came into sight, standing by the road with no umbrella, no coats. I pulled it up alongside aftered him a ride. He accepted with a smile. We drove for a while.
Speaker 4: But does she send the song? You know the rest? No, it doesn't feel like a song there it does it? Let's play that song in a minute, actually, can we put that in? I love that song? All right, let's stay some calls now, Eddie. What's your hobby? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 10: I might be his children put model cars and trucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you've been doing that since a kid.
Speaker 10: Or yeah, it might have been doing it since I was the I love me?
Speaker 4: And how many have you got an your collection? Have you how many of you made? Eddie?
Speaker 10: Oh god, I've got twelve trucks?
Speaker 4: You got thirty five cards, seven army tanks, two bats including a it's just titanic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and about four or six for forty JITs awesome?
Speaker 4: And what do you make them out of? Mets or no, they come they come just in a plastic kit.
Speaker 10: You got to paint them and glue them put together.
Speaker 4: Oh I know the kids. Yeah, I still love doing those as a kid. Yeah, Eddie, thank you very much. You cool, Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: You got to have a lovely day.
Speaker 4: I you Eddie. Thanks you calling Simon? Come on in, Oh Simon, what's your hobby? Oh?
Speaker 10: I paint handsawds with black point?
Speaker 4: You paint hand sawce?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, well you can paint on the metallic blade.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, it's good to store it in and give me tick print of any sort of team.
Speaker 10: I want to go to take a big two inseex saws at night?
Speaker 4: And so what do you do it for friends? Or you do it for your own? Joy?
Speaker 10: I do so enjoy when basically, well, that's.
Speaker 4: My wife's birthday, and too is Simon. She hasn't said what she wants yet. Maybe nice hand painted hand sort it's a lovely yeah, lovely all right, Simon, thank you very much, Thank you very much. Anyone else recognize a pattern? Hit I met.
Speaker 3: It's hard to like. It's hard to hear someone else's hobby and not go what is do that for?
Speaker 4: Howard? Good morning? Howard?
Speaker 8: Gooday, Christian here you're going.
Speaker 1: I'm good Howard. What's your hobby?
Speaker 8: Japanese swordsmanship?
Speaker 4: No, no, you've got me. What do you mean?
Speaker 8: Same as the samurai. I've been practicing this for thirty odd years as a hobby.
Speaker 4: Well, you to tell me more about it. Are you a member of a club?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm a I'm the Australian get instructor for a an act called shint Kindo. My teacher is as close to living samurais you can get. I guess he's he's in the US. He's Japanese. So I traveled to the US to learn from him and have been doing about the last thirty odd years.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. I mean, it's hard to do it over zoom, turn your microphone on. Samurais microphone on. Lads up, now kendo, I understand the big the big staff fighting. So did you say was kendo?
Speaker 8: It's called shin kindo. So kendo is really a sports side of Japanese swordsmanship. Shinkindo is the real side of Japanese wordsmanship.
Speaker 3: Ndo below the knees.
Speaker 4: You don't ever laugh at.
Speaker 3: How what I thought samurais were meant to be secretive in nature, but calling the radio show telling us you are once.
Speaker 8: No samurai definitely never secretive ninja maybe if they actually exist, which is a.
Speaker 4: Lot of exist. Friend of mine he was a training ninja. You would never see him. He was in training. That's so are you a black belt? How long? If you're doing it thirty years, you must be a dan a black belt?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm an eight standing jujitsu as well, But the swordsmanship works via a much older system of grading. So we don't really have belt as such.
Speaker 4: We have ranks, but not belt, And so you must have summari saws then some amazing ones. Yeah I do have a few, And so how do you train in them without injuring yourself? Or do you use like the wooden ones or rubber ones. Gret.
Speaker 8: We use wooden swords for the most part of perspiring. We use real swords for practicing cutting bamboo or like a rolled straw mat which represents a limb, or which doesn't sound very nice.
Speaker 4: Thanks for editing that morning to all the kids of the school on we just chatted a man about severing limbs and these are practical skills in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: And when you go over to the US to trade with your master, is that what you write on the form of why you're visiting?
Speaker 4: Have you practiced these blaze yourself for limbs severance? Hey Howard, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 8: No problem, have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast with a few stories of coincidence and chance.
Speaker 4: You can call us on nine four one four one oh four three tap on this week's what are the Odds? Believe it or not?
Speaker 10: What are the odds?
Speaker 1: You gotta be justhing me.
Speaker 9: Like, were you with Cheryl who married a Hun?
Speaker 4: Who works with the Cheryl.
Speaker 9: Who married a Hun?
Speaker 4: As were previously on what are the Odds?
Speaker 16: My husband and I, Lauren and Matt went to work trivia charity Knight. Another couple came over. His name was Matt. He introduced his partner as Lauren. There was three others that joined the table, another Lauren and another.
Speaker 12: Matt, my father in law, my mother in law and myself all hitting holes in one in goal on the exact same hole.
Speaker 17: My friend he went to the book fair and looked at a Ferrari book, and my brother in a different class went to the book fair and got that exact shame book that my Frankie Ali looked at.
Speaker 4: Pretty amazing stories. What are the odds? We actually had a what are the odds? Happened during the show yesterday. I believe it. We were doing a phone in what's the oldest piece of clothing you own? And two elderly listeners, both called Deborah called the show. One had an old chumper with an Afghan hound on the front, that's it, and one had old boots. What are the odds? I could very believe it, but please it happened. We were there, all right, So we have here. I get your pronunciation of your name, right, Gianna, Jianna, right, all right, welcome to what are.
Speaker 13: Thank you here? What are the odds?
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, pretty much. So first I'll to say a bit of a backstory. My husband and I both grew up in Melbourne, but different sides of the city. But we actually met each other in the Quantus Lounge of the LA Airport, so it was a bit unusual the way that we met.
Speaker 4: You formed a relationship from the concerts land, Well.
Speaker 13: We just you know, we just met. We were both I was traveling for work and he was on the back of a boys trip. But that's a whole other story. So we met in the qantaslund at the LA Airport. So then came back to Melbourne and started dating. But the story is about Minrna who had a wooden chest or trunk that used to sit at the end of her bed and I always wanted that chest. But yeah, after many years and she unfortunately passed, I asked Mom if I could have it. Mum said, yes, you can. And this wooden chest used to contain special things in it that was important. She used to sit on it when she used to get dressed and whatever. But like any good Italian woman does, she'd blind the bottomless newspaper. And so when I got the chest and I decided to restore it to put it into the house. I opened the chest and pulled the newspaper out, and I thought, oh, what's on it? And I thought that it was the sun and it contains birth and death notices. And I looked at the date and it was October twenty fifth, nineteen eighty and I thought, that's the day after my husband David was born. And I slipped it over and in mine on his chest was my husband's birth notice.
Speaker 4: Wow, all of the best stories I have got goosebumps. Wow.
Speaker 13: And my mum said that they used to get their son delivered every single day, and the newspaper used to sit next to the old combustion stove. They used to use it to light the fire every night. And she said, what are the odds that of all the newspapers and all the papers that they burned, it was those pages that she put in the bottom of her chest that I've had.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is unbelievable.
Speaker 13: No, So we've got it framed in our house. It sits above the chest in.
Speaker 4: Our It's such a layered story because you kind of think, let you think about fate.
Speaker 13: Exactly, yeah, exactly. So apparently when he was on that trip over in the States. Hed was he decided to hit on every girl that he saw.
Speaker 4: So I story a little bit, beautiful, beautiful story.
Speaker 2: Numbers than you were lucky? Last did you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was lucky. It's like you know Cinderella. They fact he found this shoe, it fitted you.
Speaker 3: Lucky, got heaps of shoes in the back of you. Yeah, what are the odds?
Speaker 4: The odds? Incredible story. I'm so glad you shared it with us.
Speaker 13: No worries much later. We always thought it was a fantastic story. Whenever we tell anyone, everyone gets really surprised. So yeah, just what you guys might enjoy it.
Speaker 4: That's a beautiful story. Thank you very much for calling.
Speaker 13: Take care, Thank you bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast it's called what are the Odds?
Speaker 4: Your stories of coincidence and chance? How what's your what are the answerers?
Speaker 11: Similar to the trunk story with the newspaper. I've been with my husband for eleven years now. But when we'd only just been together for a few years, our moms hadn't really met properly. But they were both models in the eighties, and my mom pulled out an old catalog that she was in the eighties and we looked at it and his mum was in it as well. They were standing side by side in the front.
Speaker 4: And she, oh, oh that's crazy, that's insane.
Speaker 11: It was really freaky. We felt really weird for a second. We were like, are we related?
Speaker 4: What are the odds of that? That is crazy?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What a story. Yeah, we're in a roll today. Two of these stories been incredible. Now.
Speaker 3: The last caller who had that amazing coincidence hung the photo up on the wall of the newspaper. Do you have the photo you two moms modeling.
Speaker 11: We don't have it hung up. We do have it somewhere, but there like swimwears, so maybe.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, here's our mums. Yeah.
Speaker 11: But they grew up in different towns, so it's even crazier. They were both just in Brisbane for the shoot.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a remarkable story, Harriet, Thank you very much for sharing it.
Speaker 11: Thank you by.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian you mail here you say you found yesterday? The saddest song in the world is it? Andy? By Donnie Parton. I defy any human being not to start balling their eyes out during that I haven't heard that song, but I'm afraid this song that I suddenly heard out of nowhere yesterday will throw shade all over that for sure. Patsy, are you familiar with the Abba song slipping through my fingers?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't even. I can't.
Speaker 7: With the daughter growing up, I can't even. I can't even hear it.
Speaker 4: But I wish i'd spoken to you yesterday before my daughter's graduation. So I think I told you so. It was my seventeen year old daughter. She's SA in the last few weeks of year twelve, and it was a graduation yesterday, so already of her emotional day with us. Was my twenty year old daughter two years ago we saw her graduating. She's now left home. She's second year at University of Melbourne, so already a lot going on. This is our last kid going through the school system, So a very big day in my family, a lot of big emotions for my seventeen year old daughter Lois. It was her big graduation day and I knew that she was going to be singing at it, which is an amazing on her, and so I was already just really excited looking forward to seeing my daughter saying I love hearing a sing and then just before I said, oh, by the way, even't actually told me what is a song you're singing? And I just thought it would be a nice up one while they played this video, and she goes, oh, it's an Abba song slipping through my fingers, and I didn't think that I needed to be aware of what it was. I thought this is being us up one for the mums and dads. An Abba song. It's going to be a copy Fernandos something like that. Patsy, I've never heard this Abba song, so pats imagine then when I see my daughter, I'm already a bit emotional, like, oh great, she's going to sing, And then I hear the saddest song in the world, Patsy. It's about a girl leaving home.
Speaker 7: I know she's a young woman now and she doesn't need her mummy or daddy, and I when I hear it, don't worry. I've got a lump in my throat. Aes you're talking about it.
Speaker 4: But Pads, imagine me sat there right, so my wife doesn't isn't really listening to a song she's filming. Aren't all to doing it. She's like looking at me. She's surprised, startled by the fact I'm shaking, crying the limits the opening line. School school bag in hand. She leaves home in the early morning, waving goodbye with an absent minded smile. I watched her go with a surge of that well known sadness. I have to sit down for a while, and I think, you've got to be kidding me. Why can't they just do a nice upsong that feeling I'm losing her forever? Have I listen to this? This is your daughter singing it to you at a graduation. She leaves home. I'm sorry this was too much for her yesterday. There should have been a warning. I'm sitting there like I almost want to put my fingers in my ear with this is it? A teacher should have came and said, hey, listen, this is what the song's about. Get ready. And my daughter knew where my wife and I were, so she's looking at her ass singing it to us. I'm thinking, oh my, does she know the power in the song? Slipping through my fingers all the time. I try to capture every minute the feeling in it, slipping fingers through my all the time. Then two other kids two other girls starts singing, her doing the chorus. I'm thinking I am done. My wife is still feeling going. She's singing so well, and I'm like, when you pay us back tomorrow, it's gonna be like a double fistpunch to the heart. And I'll tell you now, Jackie Boy, in sixteen years time, call me. It'd be Gordy's graduation and we'll sit down and have a chat. It's a moment. Patsy in five years time, call me this time in October. We'll have a chat about it. It's a it's a It was a beautiful so proud, oh my god, so proud that in the evening we did it was a dinner and the music department were the band and they were incredible, so it was like a music coach and that she was singing. So they did like a covers band, and so we all had a dance in the evening as well. But I'm telling you out, I hope I never hear that Abba song ever again. If you if you go be careful, you go curious for online, you want to go and play it today, just be very cal It's called slipping through my fingers. It was too much yesterday.
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: I've just dropped my own child, eleven year old daughter at school today as you're talking about that song, and literally she just turned around a wave to me with a schoolberg in her hand. I just bought my eyes out. Thank you, Hey, You're welcome. Pleasure to share it with you. Christian. I couldn'tdream more about that Abba song. It is the most half. It's the sadest song in the world. I can only imagine you yesterday. I cried all the way through it. When I saw Mamma Me or the musical. I didn't know. I've not seen that. I've been very lucky in life. Actually, oh, I can myself blessed. I've not had it because I'm not a fifty something mum. I saw Mama mid the musical. It's used in that, Christian. It's a really beautiful song. Christian, I ignored your words. I just found that song on spots of crime Wise out. I warned you, Norell, I said, don't go and find it. You'll want to to just see how sad is it. It's really sad, all right, So there's time waste for them. Where are you going to cry those tears un tell you We're into a beautiful Spinalleese pillow. Sleep better when refreshed. Audio Spinalleese Pillow now at spinales dot com dot Au. Any new pillow I have ordered Spiney's pillows. They ask you, are you a side, front or back sleeper? Do we actually know because most of the time you're asleep? But when I do wake up side sleeper myself, Jackie boy, I.
Speaker 3: Had to when now they have the sea pat machine, I have to be a full time back sleeper.
Speaker 4: How did you find that?
Speaker 3: Got used to it?
Speaker 4: What are you patsy?
Speaker 7: I'm definitely on my side and I do not move. I go to sleep on my side and I wake up on my side.
Speaker 3: Always the same sign you do not move, kymatose like that.
Speaker 4: My wife like if you wake up with a cup of tea and it's like nine o'clock, I need to wake around, especially she's at you know, it's I need to put a mirror under the noses on and she goes like she's been like you know, inside by movies where they've like iced them a thousand years ago. Sleep for twelve hours?
Speaker 3: What year is it? Who's the president?
Speaker 4: Who are you all right? It's something all right today on the time waste they we're looking for your sauce songs. It is National Sauce Day. What are our favorite sauces? Jackie boy?
Speaker 3: I do like tomato sauce. It's famous for a reason.
Speaker 4: No, no, but it is the most commonly used. Patsy, what's it you?
Speaker 2: I love a bit of hp to, especially on a bit of steaks.
Speaker 4: Great on steak, yeah, really nice as well with a lasagnya too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mix it in what within the sauceaw as an additive.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid to say, like a child would mix up ice cream. I'm fifty one. Favorite sauces around the world in America, Ranch of course, Australia, people like Jack England, Worcester sauce, Spicy History, Legacy, China, Soy sauce.
Speaker 3: Do you like soy sauce?
Speaker 4: Very good? France? What do you think it is? Good? Guess?
Speaker 3: Thank you holidays, hollandais.
Speaker 2: Everybody to get a good it is?
Speaker 4: It's a rue sauce, I believe, isn't it okay? Now whatever?
Speaker 3: I actually don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: One of those I think involves a whisk and eggs sort.
Speaker 2: Of being, you know, and time is of the essence, you know.
Speaker 4: Master chef, you can't remember chef's time is of the essence speed free.
Speaker 2: It becomes like fety cheese.
Speaker 4: If you ever remember remember doing write there down about time being. There's some of those early news bullets. We go that chewing gum servant? Any who's he?
Speaker 10: Any?
Speaker 4: Who's where? Were we? Sauce here? Tangy show?
Speaker 2: Huhm?
Speaker 4: Sauce saw songs, s songs songs? He corrected himself. Eagley Cherry's got a great one. Oh yes, save chicken tonight.
Speaker 3: Gold class.
Speaker 4: Were here last week. You'll be forty red red wine reduction, Oh aUI silver Hi sing in the membrane, sing in the membrane, Mary Poppin' she loves a bit of ship. Yeah that's right. Chim chimmy, that's gold. Yeah. Yeah. And one for Jackie Boy with his bland tomato based sauce. Smack my ketchup up.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good to gold.
Speaker 4: All right, Jackie boy? What are your sauce songs? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The Pixies are singing about their sauce. Yes, where is my hinds?
Speaker 4: Doesn't need to start with it? Wow, it's ballsyro Now I'm upgrading it to a gold for thank you.
Speaker 3: The village people love their sauce in the gravy.
Speaker 4: The gravy is good Gold.
Speaker 3: Hell's Bells was a big song by a CDC, A rock song. They like their sauce too, Hell's bell samkl that is bronze and all the single chipop ladies.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed with bronze. Alright songs, what have you got?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Time waste Today, we're looking for your sauce songs. Jackie boy, you're ready to mark let's go all right, best in show wins spinal these pillows sauce songs. Let's hear it for the soy gold, that's for They's good. The only way is catch up, Silver, catch up where we belong. Bronze cetem Manic Monday Mail, Monday Silver, Come said the soy Gold Rob, well done, Dijon bon Jovi Silver, no.
Speaker 3: Song.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I kissed a soy and I liked it.
Speaker 3: Akay enough soy one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot more. It must be love. It must have been love. Gold Sartae Night Fever oh great, Oh my word, that nutty greatness. Ka Sacha like it. That's really good on the poster to sell it, getting saucy with it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, Silver.
Speaker 4: The angels are right about their upcoming sausage sizzle. That's right? Am I ever going to see that sauce again? Not worth the long run up? Great, I'm afraid to say. Silver, take a chance on me curry sauce ticker Silver plus, No, we're wrap the stuff. I can't have it to know? What's Sarbi frequency? What Sarby frequency? Ken? Andy thousand island in the stream? Silver? It comes to hot pepper.
Speaker 15: The.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 4: He loved that one. Jackie bought a good up? Did Johnny be good? Chuck Berry's what are you doing? What you just plumbing?
Speaker 3: Your scratching up against the marketphone, rubbing.
Speaker 4: Your beard or something up against? Who else would it be you? Hello? Good morning? Heinsey dancer. All right? Who is winning today? Who's getting their head rested on beautiful spinal e style pillows?
Speaker 3: Here comes the hot pepper, Here comes the hot pepper.
Speaker 4: Well done, Ben on Tomorrow's show, then Tomorrow's show. Today, this is back.
Speaker 9: Do you have a name that's a pain. A name you always need to explain. Well, we've made my name as in name.
Speaker 8: It's my last name, and everyone always often asks me how to spell it if they can't hear it.
Speaker 10: Probably, but it's as in Hadley.
Speaker 4: Didy Flanders. Bang.
Speaker 13: My name is my surname as in she, not the hotel as in Sheridan.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh wow, done. My name is as in milk, cowry and y.
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 3: That's brilliant?
Speaker 4: All right, so that's back tomorrow, Jack, good more, good luck. Okay, you will literally take it. He's heading off out of here to go and do a tough gig this morning till under five year olds.
Speaker 3: Yes, well two and three year olds at my son's daycare. We're doing four songs, including Old McDonald had a farm.
Speaker 4: Now, three hours ago Old McDonald had a farm. You think it's a pretty simple song. Assured us that he'd been rehearsing yesterday and this is how it sounded. A couple of hours ago, he was struggling. How did he go?
Speaker 5: You're happy you tell me Old McDonald had a farm?
Speaker 4: All wait, hold hold on, McDonald.
Speaker 5: Old McDonald had a farm. Old McDonald had a bit of a down Now Old McDonald had a farm e.
Speaker 4: That's not lock it.
Speaker 1: In the Christian O'Connell Show podcast