Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 2: FLEXI.
Speaker 1: I have a new favorite TikTok creator. It's not a beauty blogger, it's not a finance bro. It's the NEPO baby of the century, Northwest Yay's daughter, Kim Kardashian's daughter. She is a big deal on TikTok. Her account, Kim and North or North and Kim, is a parent controlled account. Apparently Kim controls it. Very futuristic, it is, isn't it? Where she posts pretty much every day. It very much gives the impression that she doesn't go to school. She just hangs around the house making videos.
Speaker 2: It's very much like I would.
Speaker 1: Have done that stuff when I was nine or ten.
Speaker 2: My role she is. I guess all content creators give the impression that they don't work.
Speaker 1: That's a really good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with posting, Yeah, I don't really see behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: True. True. And she is my favorite account because the other day I was watching her and Chicago, her little sister, who is the spitting image of Kim. Can you see how involved I am?
Speaker 2: Like you have the you know what's going on, I've got the family tree I'm like, okay, you are subscribed.
Speaker 1: I actually don't follow any of the Kardashians. It's not because I don't get like it's not because I don't like them. Yeah, I just don't follow them for whatever.
Speaker 2: This is exactly how it works a parent control of TikTok account. It's a pipeline to get more customers, they say, you know, in social media, anyone trying to build like a profile and the entertainment industry, the younger your fans are, the better because you have a longer shelf life with them. The Kardashians are quote unquote aging out of their primary demographic because they've had children. That's a whole new generation. Their core fans don't even have children yet. So when you bring in the babies, it's like, whoa wait a second, I get full family content. It's very genius.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about this more because I can't decide if it's actually because Kim and the family you're using this as a money making technique, or if North just absolutely loves making videos. See I see that concept. It makes a lot of sense to the Kardashians. But I have a feeling the Kardashians in some part like I think they're obviously so orchestrated, but so much stuff has happened to them that isn't just orchestrated, like Kim getting like Kim getting taken hostage in Paris, or like broken into obviously Caitlin transitioning, like these are stuff that would have happened to that family anyway. I guess, like the the break and enter wouldn't have happened if it wasn't Kim Kardashian. But I don't think everything is by design, Like for example, North's TikTok. I don't think that that's because they want to sell more product and like continue the dynasty. I think it's because North is just like a nine year old who wants to post things on the Internet.
Speaker 2: I disagree. Really yeah, if the average social media account says that you can't have access unless you're thirteen years old, and the only way you can if you have a parent controlled account, why would a family who's experienced that much just the worst of the Internet, expose their children to that. I don't think the Kardashians are like masterminds in the way that the media portrays them out to be. I think they're opportunists. And I think you'd be ridiculous to not understand the amount of like buying powered children have, especially and also how many Kardashians are there, like six seven, It's like two of them that are making up the bulk of the family's interests, right, it's Kylie and it's Kim. Back in like the first couple seasons where they were exploiting Courtney's relationship for the whole family to make a bag. Chris was the one who told Kim to sell a sex tape. Like, I don't think that they would view putting North on TikTok the height of exploitation. I think it's just a simple thing for that, it's an easy win, you know what I mean? Like I don't. I'm viewing it as like what it is. But I think if a family could do that, then putting a kid on Instagram to expand their sorry, putting a kid on TikTok to expand their reach isn't the most savage thing you could do, Like why wouldn't it just be like another tick on the box, Like these kids will make us money, let's do it.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting to me. I don't know why I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I think that North just wanted it so bad that Kim's like given in and said you can have the account, because it makes sense in that way because I don't have comments. So it looks like she's getting the best of the internet, which is being able to express yourself and have fun, like she's a creative?
Speaker 2: Is that the best of the internet for a nine year old?
Speaker 1: Though, well, not having comments is better than the worst, so there's some protections there obviously. Then you get the accounts that repost them so people can talk about it there. But in my mind I relate to being like nine years old and using my parents' camcorder and just wanting to share things. Yeah, so I believe that she just loves it, But again I think it's an opportunity then for them to sell stuff eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think celebrity kids aren't regular kids, and I understand like they probably have a bit more like I can understand viewing a celebrity kid like a regular kid and saying like kids want stuff, and so why wouldn't a parent, But I also think, like it's a celebrities kid, At what point has it ever been good to give real people that much access to a person, let alone a child, Like parasocial relationships are what caused stalkers, robberies, all of these things. And then you give just like we just got off the back of Epstein, Epstein Island, Pizzagate wayfair, Like, in what world are you like presenting a child to the world and saying like she just wanted to play? Does she not have friends that are offline? Can she not just make videos and not post them? Do you know? Like, I just think it's a very like particular way to present the child to the world. And that's right because she is a child. So she's a childis yeah.
Speaker 1: And you really do, like I don't think of her as a child.
Speaker 2: That's so other saying because I also agree in the sense like I don't like obviously it's clearly like I don't like the whole Northwest thing on the internet. I think it's cooked. But it's because I think that the average viewer really struggles to humanize people they see through their phones, whether it's a parent, child, person going through heartbreak, police brutality, whatever it is, people kind of like glaze over it as like a huh, that's an interesting thing. I saw on this device next, And I think people just can't fathom that, like even like this much conversation about a child, like what she wears, what she looks like, that she's inspirational, that people are getting advice from her, or that she's icon. She's a kid, and like your inability to see her as just a kid is the weird thing, because like that's all we should be relying on. We should have enough like context to be like kids are kids and adults are adults. The two shall not blur. But now we're kind of like, wait, she's a content creator, like weight, she's like more than that, and it's like, no, no, just a kid.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it goes into all child stars in a sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely we.
Speaker 1: Need child stars. But I guess there's cgr now Yeah, but yeah, I guess it's.
Speaker 2: So fraught with because I think when you're a kid, you feel old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel as old as you are, And so I think it'd be hard to explain to a child, like I, yeah, explain to a child that other people have different intentions. Like even when I was like in my early teens, if men were interested in me, I thought.
Speaker 2: Of course they are I'm different. I'm not uly hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you get to the age of twenty four and you really, guys, no, that was weird.
Speaker 2: This was weird. This was weird.
Speaker 1: So it would go all the way back to when you're a little kid. So definitely, hopefully I will say that ASMR videos are popping, That's all I'll say.
Speaker 2: And I will say in ten years time when Northwest comes out and says I'm so annoyed to my parents because I was exploited, We'll just leave that, like every Disney child actor is, like I didn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune Inticater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.