Speaker 1: This just.
Speaker 2: Stood a black couple of mitches.
Speaker 3: Hello, you derace yourself for the rude shocks of young adulthood.
Speaker 2: And kind of fun just you.
Speaker 4: You feelthy unhinged bitch?
Speaker 3: Honestly is Michui and Mitchell Coosh hollowre you welcome back here?
Speaker 2: We're back season five.
Speaker 5: Hollo.
Speaker 4: It feels like I've been going for like six months, not too my truly.
Speaker 2: I feel like Maddie mccairn, except found like we've been gone for so long. I had so many messages saying when the hell are you coming back? And they were sweet around Christmas.
Speaker 4: Then they were starting to get more and more aggressive. Don't they know?
Speaker 2: They were concerned for a bit, they were worried, and then the last couple of weeks they turned real dark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they get a bit fairer with this, like hurry up, like we are. I do feel a bit bad disrupting people through teams. Yes, like if it's in there Monday morning routine, a new episode and we're not delivering that, I feel a bit bad. But it's fine.
Speaker 2: We're back because what we're here every Monday morning will be in your podcast feet Yeah.
Speaker 4: Season five, can you believe the teal era.
Speaker 2: I know we're in our tea area surrounded by it's more blue. It's like a deep sea blue. It's good Fiji if it's a Fiji water blue. Great to have you back. You've had all your work done, the gastric banding, you've had full facial work, and you look phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I haven't had any work done, although I am going back to pilates now.
Speaker 2: Congrats.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you. I'm sure as fuck, but I feel like it's toning me up a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's gonna say go Sean. I've also been to your new house. Hilarious that you have a brand new property and a couple of years ago you said your dream was to live in a retirement village, and now you have fulfilled that dream. You are living in a full time retirement village.
Speaker 4: It's not actually a retirement village, but it's got so much retirement village energy and it suits me just fine.
Speaker 2: You enter and there's a boomgate and he goes, I'm visiting my friend Mitchell Coombs.
Speaker 4: It's a very gated community. It is.
Speaker 2: I called me. I'm like, where do I go? Drive past the tennis court and then once you get to the seven eleven. Yeah, in the village and you make it left and then right at the roller coaster.
Speaker 4: Where are you living?
Speaker 2: It is palatial and gorgeous. Congratulations, I love it.
Speaker 4: I'm settling in just fine.
Speaker 2: Back for season five. Price Keeper General is here high Bi.
Speaker 4: Hi, how are you You have.
Speaker 2: A good break?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did nice break Because you we haven't seen. I haven't really seen any of you. I saw Mitch in the break. We had a couple of brainstorm sessions and lunches, and I haven't s This is the first time i've seen jennering like three months.
Speaker 4: We saw each other lost. What do you guys work in the same building? How is that possible? But you don't see it.
Speaker 2: You think we talk outside of this show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I saw you.
Speaker 4: We didn't talk.
Speaker 2: I know we saw you.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, Jenner and I've been working our toushes off during the break.
Speaker 2: Don't that sounds very pointed?
Speaker 4: Because later on we've got a very exciting guest joining the podcast. It's exciting for us. Put it that way, and I'm not going to reveal who it is just yet, but I reckon a lot of people listening are to get a solid nostalgia hit out of this.
Speaker 2: Not me. I'm not sold. I'm not convinced.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this guest meant a lot to us during our childhood.
Speaker 2: Bye, now how much it means to you. I'm still not convinced. And also, like coming from my gig in a weird way, this guest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, so what I'm gonna say?
Speaker 2: So I'm a bit competitive. I got my backup express a good cat Oka. But one of you asked how I my break was?
Speaker 4: How was your break?
Speaker 2: It's fine, nothing really happened.
Speaker 4: Did you go on an actual holiday?
Speaker 2: Did we go on actual holiday?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: We had three weeks off, but we did nothing.
Speaker 4: We said, yeah, I'm really craving one. There's such a difference between having time off and an actual holiday because like, I'm feeling a little bit refreshed because I had time off, but I need to actually go somewhere and relax.
Speaker 2: You know. Oh totally. We didn't have any of that, which is a shame. We're in a wedding season. All our friends are getting fucking married. So for the next three weekends, Pride, we have a wedding Friday and then a Wednesday and then a Friday again.
Speaker 4: Shock any of them gay weddings. Not what Jerry Sidney Well pride homophobic. You have to go to straight lover case.
Speaker 2: Thankful, I'm aphobic.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: One big thing that did happen during the break is that we were evicted from our property. We were given the four week noter and as you know you're keeping up, the house was being sold but it didn't sell because we're in the middle of a you know, inflation's fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, you've been like bitching about Oh, I have to leave my house for at least six months.
Speaker 2: Actually November when they said, hey, we're selling it and it wasn't selling longer.
Speaker 6: It's been longer than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got no concept of time. Look, it all blends into one. It's sold now. And because we were on week to week, we have four weeks to get out now three weeks officially. Yeah, in a rental crisis. And that is actually what my first digym is of the year, My first agym of the season.
Speaker 4: If you knew here, I gym is an acronym, yes.
Speaker 2: Ja and anidjym is something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. It's how we start the show. The same every week. We actually have an isssage as you on the show as well. That's your chance to come on and vent and give us something that you've noticed.
Speaker 4: How to wait? So mischatting with our gorgeous listeners, I will say I have missed the show too, absolutely like I'm doing that many fucking shows now.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous. No, I'm not gloating. It's too much. This is a cry for help.
Speaker 4: And when are we going to get your new co hosts on. It's going to be so odd for you having all of your co hosts in the one room. I want those girls written Laura from the pick Up to come in here and so it's just like all of your lovers in the same room. I know you too well, colligning.
Speaker 2: I think i'd freak out, you know how sometimes I get really overwhelmed, I just stop talking.
Speaker 4: I do feel like you're probably a bit more feral on is it just me than you are in the pickup? So if they see this side of you, they might be a bit confronted.
Speaker 2: Oh you think they're going to rescind the cap?
Speaker 4: Well, if I'm in the room and I'll bring that out of you, you definitely will alight, we'll try to get the girls on.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have launched the pickup pre Drive on Kiss right around Australia.
Speaker 4: If you want to listen to you ousted our Kate and did not?
Speaker 2: I did not oust Kately.
Speaker 4: Kate. Well, you're currently hosting her old radio slot and she's without work, so it sounds like you ousted Kate.
Speaker 2: If you're on an exclusive. I spoke to Kate. I did, and we're all good.
Speaker 4: She was like, yes, of course, marvelous Mitch.
Speaker 2: I'll be reflogging my book come Mother's Day. Just make sure you get me on.
Speaker 4: I do feel like Kate is probably happy to not have to work. Like she's not the most like a workaholic. You wouldn't call her a workaholic, would you?
Speaker 2: No way? And if you have Kate on Instagram, all she's doing is gallivanting at red carpets in Gucci. I'm like, she's just in Gucci blazers, Gucci shoes and much. She's living her best life. She's such a random woman.
Speaker 4: I love her. She just sent me at eleven fifty nine one night, a Christmas tree and a love heart emoji. No text, that was it?
Speaker 2: That was it? In the week leading up to her after Christmas.
Speaker 4: I think so it was the week before Christmas. Yeah, I think I get that.
Speaker 2: That kind of checks out.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what to reply, like, thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, but no thanks thanks Kate?
Speaker 4: Anyway, s did you kick off with your Is it just me?
Speaker 2: I should?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: This is the first agem of the year. Oh do we book Bradley's Bradley back? Of course?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Is now not the time to be picky during a global fucking rental crisis? Jesus Christ?
Speaker 4: Is it global or is it most to Sydney? Well, no, it's global. Actually I read the Adelaide's rental crisis is somehow worse than Sydney's. If you have to rank all the city in Australia.
Speaker 2: Yes, really. The problem is there's not enough dwellings for people to live in. That's the issue. So then skyrockets. The prize inflation is terrible. People up the rent it is so bad. And Haden and I on the weekend, hating my part, we went to twelve open houses.
Speaker 4: Twelve or twelve. I told you to get onto the rent ferry. They'll go to the inspections for you. I have application and everything.
Speaker 2: I've spoken to the rent fairy communication. Yeah, she's fucking amazing if you need to rent, rent and free. But I don't work Fridays and weekends, so I'm like, I'll do it. I'll just do this fair enough.
Speaker 4: But some of them, I feel like they do this on purpose. Some inspections are at like eleven thirty am on a fucking Wednesday. They know people are at work.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're one hundred percent right now. The thing that fucks me off is when you find it perfect listing and they go contact agent. Yeah, you contact the agent, you contact me. I've given you my money. What sale works where you have to work? Imagine going to service station and getting a cherry ripe and there's no it's like, talk to the agent, talk to Cadbury, I'll be it higher for this cherry, right, And yes, it's really bad. So we're at that point where it's getting it's actually seriously a problem. You know how stressed I am, Oh three weeks to find a property.
Speaker 4: It was four weeks five minutes ago, So is it three now? Three stressed? I know it's actually realized. Who's being picky?
Speaker 2: Hayden is being real picky. He's got this current issue about having understair storage in the house. Understair storage. It's the current buzzword in our relationship, fucking understair storage. He goes, well, we can't live in a place that doesn't have understair storage.
Speaker 4: You don't have understairs storage in your current place, never had stairs. We don't even have a fighter stairs.
Speaker 2: And he goes, well, we can't have this one in Newtown because there's no understair storage.
Speaker 4: Harry fucking Potter, I don't need to be under the stairs.
Speaker 2: And I go but listen, babe, this house is perfect. It's got a car port, it's got this, it's got that. Why do we understair storage? Went well, so I can build a wine cellar.
Speaker 4: What a wine cellar. That's the gayest thing I've ever heard, a purpose built wine selling.
Speaker 2: So we're walking through and we're talking to the agent and I'm asking important questions. Is I've got a gas port grade in the parking and that's included? Yeah, fantastic, And Hayden, excuse me, Bresik Whitney, is there understair storage? And the person goes, no, no, understand, there's no stairs, No sir, we're in a tent because there's a global crisis. Oh God, Constant understands storage, but why do we need it? Like I'm asking for really important things. I want to make sure there's a pantry. Everyone needs a pure Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember when I first started house hunting, because you know, it took me months and months and months. I was picky at the start, and then somewhere along the line, I realized, oh no, beggars can't be chooses. But Hayden's case, beggars can be choosers.
Speaker 2: I say, Hayden, we need to make sure we have a car port, because it's not really important. I go because you don't dry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say things like the office area isn't carpeted. On the off chance that I might want to record the podcast from home once every nine months, I need carpet for the echo reduction. That's how with me.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm a pain as well. In one of these places we worked at in the studio that I'd build for the podcast and for radio, I was tapping on the glass and I asked if it was a double glaze. Who the fuck am I? The last time I asked that was at a Crispy Kreme. I went to Mitch's house the other day's brand new house in the retirement. Yeah, it was my villa. Yeah, I want to Mitch's plantation. And I went walked in and I sat down on the couch. Jin and I sat there. It was a lovely couch and I sat down. And then after about ten minutes I went to go to the bathroom and I hear and I went out, and I thought, like a mosquito bit me on my back of my calf. Now he's got double sided tape wrapped around the bottom of his couch.
Speaker 4: I'll get you onto this, Jenner. It is cat training tape. Yes, yes, I should get that to stop Isabella running under the couch and like clawing the back of it. I just put it there because it's double sided tape. If she tries to sneak past the couch, it'll pull on her hair like a wax strip, and so she's not in the habit. But now the bloody cat training tape is just covered in gay men's leghead because all I get to sit down and go fowl.
Speaker 2: And now I'm scared to go to your house is to sensitize me. I'm terrified to go anywhere near his suburb.
Speaker 4: So it's pussy training tape to.
Speaker 2: Listen. So I'm stressed.
Speaker 4: And if he's seriously hell bent on this wine storage thing that understands story.
Speaker 2: He's hung up on it and try saying it. It's like an acting warm up vocal thing. Understair storage, understair storage. All he wants is understair storage, understair storage, understair storage, understand storage. Fuck with it? You can you can stay under there? Yes, that could be your bed.
Speaker 4: Can I just say one of the most cleansing things about moving because I don't cull before I leave the house. That's too scessful. I pack everything. Yes, and then when I get to the new place, when i'm unpacking, that's when I decide I'm going to get rid of this. I'm gonna get rid of that. It's decluttering. If you've got storage space, you're just going to keep everything. Don't give yourself the option to hoard ship. That's the best thing about my new retirement unit.
Speaker 2: That's a good call. Maybe I could live there with you? You should? Would we work as neighbors?
Speaker 5: You think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Totally? Yeah, I actually like you?
Speaker 2: Do you have understand story. No, fuck, then happen?
Speaker 4: Now do you know what's speaking of this? I've just kind of thought of a new Is it just me? Oh yeah, kind of off the back of yours. So are you ready for me to go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well you want to fight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like this?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Have you never had a fight with your partner?
Speaker 2: Well the answer is no. I just described a very very current and recent argument. Oh as, you don't come to me and say you've never had an argument.
Speaker 4: I'm not gloating. I find it weird. Wait. Have you never never fight with Sean? Never?
Speaker 2: No? No, what do you mean? Have you had a disagreement a minor bicker?
Speaker 4: Not really, no, because we're pretty like, we compromise well, we communicate well, so it's never come to that. The closest we've ever come to an argument is when he goes, oh, joined some toasts for breakfast and I said, yeah, sure, what do you got? And he said VEGGI might And I said is that all? He goes yeah, and I said ugh, and then he did the whole what do you mean that's Unestralia, You don't veggie might. I had to bite my tongue because I was thinking, I can't be fucking bothered with this conversation, like, don't feign outrage. I don't like Veggie might end a story like it's not some fucking like I can't be bothered with.
Speaker 2: That's also like an argument you do on a first date, like to kind of find content in the dates.
Speaker 4: And he was just being cheeky and if I'd been wide awake, it wouldn't have been a problem. But I was, like, first thing in the morning, I was like, I can't be bothered with you. But I said nothing because I didn't want that to be our first argument.
Speaker 2: So what have you come? That is it? That is as close as you've come the Veggie Might incident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because in my mind I was thinking, shut up, you bothered with this?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I have to break it to you. He has definitely wanted There's been moments where he has pulled back from argument.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I have no doubt. Everyone thinks I'm probably the snappy one, but it's more likely he's going to snap at me for saying or doing something stupid.
Speaker 2: Your kidding. Now you know I love you, but you Yeah, it would strike me you'd be the one that would start the first argument.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't start it, of course, not because if I've got a legitimate Ischuel just you know, yeah, exactly, that's true.
Speaker 2: He's not confrontational like me. I if there's never a potential for an argument, I run away. You just face it.
Speaker 4: Well, not really. I picked my battles.
Speaker 6: But there hasn't been just so honest with each other and.
Speaker 4: There hasn't been a reason to fight. But I've been chatting with a couple of friends about this, and they've all pointed out that the first argument is usually not very serious. It's always some petty shit. Yeah, and so I feel like that's going to be it. I hope it's something really petty that we can look back on and laugh at. Like one of my friends his first fight with his partner was because he didn't share food and there was like silent treatment going on for days. And then another friend said that his first fight with his boyfriend was because his favorite song was playing and he kept talking over it and then that escalated of one of their phonies ended up getting smashed.
Speaker 2: Check in on that, I've been like.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this first argument is going to be such a big deal. But it could be over absolutely nothing. Oh it will be garn of these days I will snap and say, Sean by fucking peanut butter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't give a shit about your visit affliction. I'm trying to think about what my first argument or was it theory? I've just messaged him because I can't remember, so I've just said remember our first fight. He says, no, I don't think so we're perfect and we.
Speaker 4: Know that's not true.
Speaker 2: With your understands, quickly, just call him, let me just call it.
Speaker 4: I want to know because I think because I don't feel like you'd be the type to be snappy.
Speaker 2: Now, Hi, we're just doing the pod. How are you good? Do I don't remember what our first argument was.
Speaker 4: It can be a really petty one, doesn't have to be a serious one, not real.
Speaker 2: Just like do we argue about mus I feel like it would have been in the car music maybe.
Speaker 8: Or maybe like maybe something to do with like you not liking when I play music in the car.
Speaker 2: Because oh no, it was the sad music. You played sad music and I got upsets.
Speaker 4: Oh I think I remember you talking about this sad music.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't like listening to sad music because I feel like my life is a film and if sad music plays, that means that I'm about to die.
Speaker 4: I'm team Hayden because I love sad music.
Speaker 6: No, I love sadness.
Speaker 8: It's not even sad, it's honestly got anything slow, Like I can put on a happy Frank Ocean song and.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with Hayden on that really triggers me.
Speaker 4: Okay, love you and so wait, wait, did you get genuinely shitty mint?
Speaker 2: No, I just told him that I don't like sad music because you hung up. You don't have much time for this podcast a new recent fight, but yeah, I would love.
Speaker 4: To know anyone listening right now.
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: You you?
Speaker 4: What was your petty first argument with your partner? Because these stories are so funny in hindsight. In the moment, you're genuinely fearious. But I want to hear what it was at a couple of miches on Instagram. We might get them on next week or something you next week. Yeah, because I'm kind of excited for the first argument with Sean. Yeah, I wanted to be something dumb that I can laugh about one day.
Speaker 2: You're a good arguer, too, like if there was a sport or oh god, you would win, you'd win, Mitchell, Yes, of course, you mean you're fantastic arguing it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing.
Speaker 2: You should have been. What a shame that ponytail will look great? The fucking powers caught a law.
Speaker 4: I object you're listening to. Is it just me?
Speaker 2: That's enough of these two? Now let's hear and is it just you? Now you can dm as that couple of mitches.
Speaker 4: How slick does that sound?
Speaker 2: I will say? The new production the new sound for twenty twenty three for season five is hot.
Speaker 4: Oh god. Jenna during one of Mina Mitch's planning meetings when he came over to my retirement village, Yeah the village to him, I was so scared to bring it up. I said to him, listen, there's one of our backing tracks that we use, and I think I want to ditch it, and he goes, I know exactly which one you mean. And during three years of this podcast, we'd never discussed or admitted to each other that we fucking hated this banking track. So it's God for good. We both despise find it. It's called gossip Girl.
Speaker 6: I know that one as well.
Speaker 4: Do you know which one it is yet?
Speaker 2: But I never wanted to tell Mitchell in case he loved it. I hate and then he thought I loved it. So then we just sat in silence while we played this dumb song.
Speaker 4: But obviously I remember, but we chose that particular backing track back in the early days yea ages ago. We must have just gotten old so quickly, and nither of us brought it up totally.
Speaker 2: This is it, this gossip girl's gym.
Speaker 4: Ready, this is the last time you'll ever hear this shit on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Say goodbye to this wisteria life.
Speaker 4: I'm on the Real Housewives. Yes, Gina was so rude at dinner last night, she says, Unlady Lark, I can't believe the may She spoke to Lydia.
Speaker 2: We just put into yoga. We're ready to do a quick workout.
Speaker 4: We were on the seventy oneth floor. Wow.
Speaker 2: So at the art gallery, I said to Jenna, you're wearing real fur, like you know what.
Speaker 4: I hate it. It's so great.
Speaker 2: It sounds like Desperate Housewives. Ready, oh yes, previously on Desperate Housewives.
Speaker 4: Think, what was that show? Do you remember that show? That Betty White was in not Golden Girls when she was old. Oh yes, yes, yes, Coyote. And it was like it was in Cleveland, something in Cleveland, Cleveland, in Cleveland, Yeah, very like previously on Heart in Cleveland. Then they roll it part in Cleveland. It's filmed in front of it lights through to your ilands.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Oh my god, I will miss it though, you know what, I know. TV shows change their theme song and they get fan hate so they.
Speaker 4: Have to change it. But they haven't changed the theme song. The main theme song is still the same. It's rubbish.
Speaker 2: Mit and I Jenna for hours going through different.
Speaker 4: Tracks, but I think we've landed on a gorgeous new backing track. How put it on again?
Speaker 2: Here we go, Oh so much better. It's a bit more adult, you know, and we're getting older, we're aging up, we have matured. I know Jenna wanted a grand piano your age, yes, yes, but we landed on this and it's more us. So welcome to the new season five sound. I love it. It's time for an easy just you of course. Now this is your chance to have an iGEM of your own. You can dm us on a couple of mitches on Instagram and we'll get you in and we'll give you a little prize price QUP. General'll send you out something lovely.
Speaker 4: By the way, I did mention, I think the last episode of last year, we did say, oh, keep the is it just us? Coming to our Instagram over the holidays, we forgot to factor in the message requests on Instagram expire. Oh fus. So if you sent us and is it just you and you didn't hear back from a send it again, do they all expired? So totally there's so many we're missing. But also can I make a little announcement this is the announcement. Yes. As well as our Instagram, we've also now got an idjem text line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's I'm going to say that every time every time we talk about I'm in a.
Speaker 4: Hinjim text line. Ah, that's it. So if you want to send you is it just you to us on Instagram at couple of mitches, we won't miss it there. But if you're like, oh, I don't know how to work the Instagram, shoot us a text zero four one two seven one two oh nine.
Speaker 2: Two Yeah, get in touch.
Speaker 4: Don't ring the number I'm not answering.
Speaker 2: That'd be dumb and fuck it's ring answering. No, I'll answer it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a knock you out better answer.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Hello, Dolphin must be calling from a gold coast. All right? Shall we do these? It just you the first one of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course. Here we got on the line.
Speaker 2: We have Joshua, who's in South Australia. Is in Adelaide? Hi, Joshi?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hello, Joshua. Did I did I see you at my comedy shows in Adelaide last year? Or I no you?
Speaker 5: I had to work.
Speaker 2: Well, I was there for the first time Adelaide, and I think I spoke about it in our Little Best Bits during the break Little Bonus episodes. Adelaide's beautiful and we wouldn't we'd all live there. Would you live there? Because Mitch and I said we love Adelaide?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like I would.
Speaker 2: It's very you, It's very sleepy, but in a nice way. Joshua, Do you like living down there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So bad.
Speaker 5: Like I've been here my whole life, like I have been to Sney and Melbourne, isn't it Yeah?
Speaker 4: Too busy? I love Adelaide crazy? Yeah true?
Speaker 2: All right, Josh, listen, let's see what you got in your tank first? Is it just you of the year? Bradley? What can't you in with the orchestra?
Speaker 4: You ready to go?
Speaker 5: No worries?
Speaker 2: Okay, hit it boys?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Do you also know the secrets behind hotel bed sheets and towels?
Speaker 4: What the secret behind hotel bed sheets and towels? I do not know what. I didn't know there was a secret.
Speaker 5: So in your previous episodes, I believe, like nich Cheery, you guys were like, what do you call that?
Speaker 4: I think it was one of your things, better than drugs and dick, wasn't it Hotel?
Speaker 2: I love hotel in it because you can blow your nose in the tower, you can wipe your actual butthole, and then I leave it on the floor and walk all over and I've got no respect, and it's not being rude. I just know that they're going to be steam cleaned in some giant vat.
Speaker 4: That's true. I've never thought about what's occurred to these crisp white towels before I use them.
Speaker 2: Oh my Assumpson's character. I like floss between my butchers with the towel.
Speaker 5: You go do whatever you like, because they it just gets shoved into a red bag and then into a cage and then basically gets taken away, like.
Speaker 4: Wait, taken away? And then what what happens?
Speaker 5: Then it all goes down to a laundry service.
Speaker 4: I've got a laundry doll. I've got whites, and they are just never as white as they are when they arrive. How do they make them that beautiful?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's the secret?
Speaker 5: I have no idea, Like they must go into this big white machine machineries, because they go into these companies that we order from.
Speaker 4: Do you work in a hotel? I'm assuming are you used to? Okay, and there's some sort of third party thing you just send the dirty linen off and then it comes back squeaky clean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically, so you don't know the secret either. No.
Speaker 4: Oh, so okay, you've been a beautiful youth. About time I thought you.
Speaker 2: Knew the secret. Josh, Wait, so we're gonna have to I'm going to I want to know this. Thanks. Now we're gonna have to continue this week after week until we get the answer.
Speaker 4: Can you investigate and come back to us?
Speaker 5: Yes, I can do that, Gord.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Josh, will send you a prize, colleagues, Now you don't get your fucking prize till we have an answer.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, we'll continue your investigations. Please, I'm going to crown you the official investigator. It's a new role that we're launching in the new year. You've got the gig and all you need to do is uncover the secret.
Speaker 4: Go for the current affair on that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know, Ali Langon. We could connect you if it gets that. If you have people rocking up to your house in black vans and they're going this guy's getting too close to the tower, secret, we'll call our Langdon and we'll back you up. Don't worry, Thanks Josh. If you haven't, is it just you of your own hit us up DMS, a couple of mitches or else you can call us or DMS. Don't call us. Jesus Christ texts text us.
Speaker 4: Zero four one two seven one two nine two. Now, oh of course the sound effect I forgot.
Speaker 2: It plays naturally. I don't even press the button. It's actually it listens.
Speaker 4: It's like serious, Yeah, gotcha. Now don't forget. We've got our special guests. Oh I'm so joining us A little bit later, but first, so we've got time to squeeze in a little quickie girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're ready for a quikie fuck it, let's do it week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a little quick hit of entertainment stuff. I've got a few things I really want to get your two cents on that have been during the break. Did you see all that shit with Dean Wells.
Speaker 2: What a fucking troll of a man. Oh my god, what a fop Deans that he's from married At first sight, he was a groom from a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Now he's in twenty eighteen, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your terrible influences disgusting.
Speaker 4: Now, yes, So what's happened there is Dean was outraged because there was an event happening in his local area where a drag queen was going to be doing a story time for kids at a local library, which it is so cool. It sounds like very wholesome, gorgeous fun. And the drag queen is Charisma Bell, Yes, who.
Speaker 2: I just adore local queen.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Remember the first time I went gay clubbing. They filmed it for SBS. It was like a little gimmicky thing. Let's take the boken Gate kid gay clubb Yeah, Charisma Bell could tell that I was shooting myself and so she just held me to her busy and I felt safe. She's gorgeous. I won't have anyone say a bad word about her. But what's happened is Dean's posted on his Instagram saying, you know that angle where it's like, I'll think of the children. They shouldn't be exposed to sexuality and gender whatever.
Speaker 2: So you know what he said that really fucked me off. He said, I know gay people. I've met drag queens. I've been to gay bars, i think, he said. And whenever there's queer people around on drag queens, it's always sexual always sexualized. Who goes? So kids should not be subjected to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Charisma Bell is not going to go to the library and dry hump fucking rainbow fish.
Speaker 2: I'm fulling you away.
Speaker 4: Does Dean think it's the problem. It's just a wholesome little thing. She's going to read a storybook to kids. It's well pride. There's a lot of queer events happening around Sydney, so anyway.
Speaker 6: But also kids love that type of stuff.
Speaker 4: You're dressing up and all.
Speaker 2: That and it's not a world Well first, people have been doing drag reading events and performances for kids that they.
Speaker 6: Did it when I was younger.
Speaker 10: I would have loved that.
Speaker 2: Same honestly, save so much time.
Speaker 4: Yes, so Dean has gone with Instagram and has been outraged by this and then all of his bloody die hard followers, which, by the way, if you're a diehard Dean Wells fan, you're obviously such a cockhead reassess.
Speaker 2: Also, also, he was dropped by his management stage addiction.
Speaker 4: Yes, well that you kind of ruined the ending of the story. Sorry, now it's all's well that ends well, it's been dropped by his management because even they don't support his stupid views. But the weird thing is that plenty of people do, because he's put out on Instagram that he's outraged, and all his bloody fans are ringing the local council, their local parliament members. They're apparently going to be there might be protests planned at the library.
Speaker 2: On the day of the event because the events still happening, And he said all his fucking right wing nut job to turn up, anti vaxxer dickheads to turn up and to protest the event, and I.
Speaker 4: Will be there with pitchfork fighting them off to defend my Charithma Bell. Will you be there?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I won't.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, but like.
Speaker 4: All people, not Charisma Bell, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: You know what makes me laugh the fact that he thinks a man in a dress with a wig on is going to scar children more than angry male protesters.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, like a children's library, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Like growth? Yes, I knew I didn't like this clown. I didn't even watch Married at First Sight because I'm not a moron, and I didn't watch it. But I remember when I worked here at Kiss, Kyle and Jackie O were getting him on, and this is how I knew from the get go that Dean's a dog, because he was like an hour late for the phone interview, and then he came on and he was so arrogant that they just hung up and him. They had no time for it. Do you want to hear that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is my first impression of Dean.
Speaker 2: I have to be honest, This Dean guy was supposed to be on like for an hour ago, and we've been dicked around. Dean Jean where have you been?
Speaker 4: Busy man?
Speaker 7: Your piece of it on one show?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 5: We do have a life as well, but what were.
Speaker 4: You doing that? You shoving your ass?
Speaker 7: Shove your showing your ass life and cockhead fuck you can get your show. Nothing to do with that show over again? Finished, dumb ass losers.
Speaker 4: Couldn't have said it better myself. I was just about to say that the tone of the sort of person I dealing with. Do you know that he has a Patreon account not for nudes and ship just for his problematic views. He must know that his views are twisted, so he's like, I can't put them out publicly. I'll get canceled, so people have to pay to hear my stupid opinions. He's just fine, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: I'm that dumb. I have to put my content behind a paywall. Idiot.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should go to the fucking library and protests back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good call, I'll find probably too scared to come.
Speaker 4: You love to see that, Jenny, I would. What are you going to do? Claw him? Yeah? Always scrabbed.
Speaker 2: We get him going. He's a weird guy. That's probably one of his kings.
Speaker 4: No, let's just.
Speaker 2: Never speak of his name again. How about that? That's probably the best way to get rid of him.
Speaker 4: I mean, I might bring it up again if there's the development. If happens anyway, you just call him dickhead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, and then we know who we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Dick head Dean. Now, also, have you seen Selena gome As? Its documentary came out a couple of months ago, but we had yet to debrief.
Speaker 2: I've seen bits and bobs. But I'm a massive Selena fan. I fell back in love with her watching Only Murderers in the Building.
Speaker 4: That's on my list, my Stella.
Speaker 2: She's so good. I'm so proud of her.
Speaker 6: I've loved Selena since two thousand and eight or something. Yeah, this is wavely place when Shadow YouTube channel with Demi all of that obsess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she does talk like she's just been a the dentist though, and that is what she thinks. She's like, we need to find him murder.
Speaker 7: Oh my.
Speaker 4: Well, look it's documentary. It's called My Mind and Me, and it focuses on her mental health. And I'm also a big Selena fan. But I have to tread lightly around what I'm going to say. Because it is about her mental health and like, you know, good on new I applaud you for being vulnerable. It was very, very vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's got lupus.
Speaker 4: Yes, But there were also parts of the documentary that I just thought, shut up, oh stop winching. Like some parts I feel like they had the opposite effect where it made her look bad. There was this one particular scene where she was doing press for her album at the time, Rare, and some French journalists was interviewing her.
Speaker 2: I saw this.
Speaker 4: It was one of those like, it wasn't sixty minutes, it wasn't an in depth interview. It's one of those little three minute BuzzFeed videos you might see.
Speaker 2: And but Selena would sit there like for hours while different journalists would come and yeah, and she'd be doing hours of exactly junket styles.
Speaker 4: And to be fair, Selena does tor own admission, hates having to do that press stuff, hates all the interviews and stuff, just finds them so mundane. But this in the documentary, this interview she did with the French BuzzFeed or whatever, Selena's reaction afterwards was so disproportionate, and I don't think it was a good look. I was like, oh, Selena, babe, you're being a little bit of a brat.
Speaker 2: Here, right. So this is Selena after the interview.
Speaker 4: Yeah you hear her reaction because it's just a short and sweet video for Facebook or whatever. The interviewer kind of wraps up abruptly, and Selena didn't like that.
Speaker 11: You're a singer, you're a nectar, you worked into production in fashion.
Speaker 10: Is there any other hoped cube would like to try?
Speaker 9: I gotta say I'll do a little bit of all of this for a while, but eventually, when it all slows down for me, I'm probably going to devote most of my life to philanthropy.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's good for me.
Speaker 9: Wow, thank you appreciate it, you know, thank your belt, like you really understood, fucking dumbest thanks.
Speaker 10: I'm done.
Speaker 1: I don't do that any that's so. Do you know how how like she It makes me feel like, yeah, she's asking me questions like good ones, and then she didn't even pay attention to what I was saying.
Speaker 4: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Do that area.
Speaker 10: I feel like a It was like making angry. They know what it is.
Speaker 1: It made me feel like I just like I've spent years years of my life tried to not be there.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm not a fan of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I absolutely get where she's coming from, because like it might have been worth a follow up question of philanthropy, what sort of philanthropy you know, maybe it was worth a follow up question, but it was just meant to be a little short and sweet interview, like a fluffy thing, which you know, She's right, they are mundane. But I was like, babe, calm down, but you don't.
Speaker 6: Know if the interview is being wrapped up.
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 2: I'm team Selena here because I think it's okay, Like, give her a break. She's probably dealing with pain, she's exhausted, she's got a chronic illness. Like the weird thing is.
Speaker 4: Though, like watching that documentary, she is always at her best when she's not working, and I'm like, I just think, I don't know what if she's going to get a trade or something instead, but I just think she can't keep doing this job because she always became like not good when she was at work, so to speak. You know, anything that was required as part of the performing or the the interview, shit, all the stuff that comes of being a celebrity. She would just get in the most foul mood, start snapping at her best friends and stuff when they're trying to be supportive.
Speaker 2: She and to go to it, get a TV and do childcare.
Speaker 4: Exactly, something like that. It was obviously watching it going, Baby, I don't think you'll suited to this industry as much as I love the work you put out. Yeah, no, I don't think she likes doing it at all.
Speaker 2: She'd still struggle with a job interview. Clearly, Oh god goodness, men really understood that I was back at Disney. It's like, that's not how you get.
Speaker 4: A job, baby, I know. And the whole Disney thing. I'm like, I get it. You were triggered. I can't you know police how you react to things. But I was also just it's like, shut up.
Speaker 2: And it's still my number one.
Speaker 4: I love her so much, Oh absolutely, I still it tore her. And finally, I need to hear your thoughts on Banna's Super Bowl performance. What did we think?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought it was amazing. I think, yeah, of course I did. You were easily impressed, So I didn't let me tell you I'm up to date because Hayden is obsessed with the Super Bowl halftime performance. Same He credits his what he lost about twenty kilos when he was as sixteen seventeen eighteen. He credits it to watching all the Super Bowl performances and dancing to them, and he really run to them. He knows them all off behalf.
Speaker 4: Like his own little diy Zumba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know Jane Fonder and in the eighteen hundred dance it is. He had the Super Bowls so he made me watch them all the night before, so I was very up to date. So I watched Rihanna and yeah, I think it was what didn't have the production elements or the umph that others had, but it was very her, which is what I liked.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I hate people saying that it's very her. I'm like, what do you mean underwhelming? You think she's underwhelming? No, because people often say, oh, you know, Rihanna's up there with the Beyonces of the world, and I'm like, Beyonce would never half past a performance like that.
Speaker 2: No, she was pregnant, for God's sake, I know, but that's not a disability. No, but she's in a second trimester for goodness.
Speaker 4: Say, by the way, I watched it, and I had no idea she was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Really well, she I think she really needed to put up like tell people she's pregnant, because after.
Speaker 6: All she was she was doing like feeling her belly in.
Speaker 4: Nope, people were like, oh, you can see that she was like stroking her baby bump. No, she literally brushed past it for zero point five of a second.
Speaker 2: It wasn't clear enough. I wanted her to have a velcrow tummy on and then pull it off and then have like a it's a boy or it's a girl.
Speaker 4: Do you remember Beyonce's pregnantc announcement. She stood there on stage for like a minute thirty just rubbing and going yeah with Rihanna.
Speaker 6: A few days before the performance, she gave an interview and said that she was going to introduce a special Yes.
Speaker 2: My favorite part was all the tiktoks after the guy almost falling off the platform. You know how she was on four little platforms that were hung in the sky. Yeah, that looked like a Super Mario car.
Speaker 4: That was daring. That was during the last long time I taste of that. Please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the halftime show. If you missed out.
Speaker 4: To be fair. I was watching her, I didn't notice some guy nearly fell off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when she started this, she was on the middle platform. She was being risen above the stadium. The dancers on the left and right were doing Cory and he almost fell off the platform to his desk.
Speaker 4: Notice that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all over. TikTok.
Speaker 4: I posted an Instagram story of me watching the Super Bowl and I said, oh my god, that stage is a bit shaky. Bub she doesn't look scared at all. And someone replied to me, just someone who follows me and said, oh, my brother was the production manager and designed those stages. And I said to him, he's a bit dumb, so she could easily die. I'm not bailing him out if he killed Rihanna.
Speaker 2: You know what I loved. I loved that Halfway through the performance, massive massive boss energy, she goes, yeah, fuck paying ten million dollars for a Feny beauty commercial, which is how much ads and commercials cost. During the Super Bowl, she just gets out one of her powders, puts it on her face and it was.
Speaker 4: The quickest quickest product placement ever. It's not like it was in your face. It was a really quick you know, just pout on my face.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And then what was it like eight hundred and eighty three percent rise in Google searches beauty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they equated that to about six million dollars in sales for that night only. Fucking hell, she's a genius.
Speaker 4: Mean, while you've got Christiana over there, like, how do I get Kylie into the seat bar? How do I get her into before me?
Speaker 2: Ashians do stand there with a microphone tell people to get off their fucking asses and a word to punters. They're watching football? Did you see that the halftime show got more viewers by about three million than the actual game.
Speaker 4: Well that makes total sense to me, totally. Who was playing at the Super Bowl?
Speaker 6: The Sharks Philadelphia, and it was the Eagles and the and it was the Warrantines.
Speaker 4: You could say anything and I'd say, sure, I'll take your word for it. You could be like, ah, the pandas and the lower keats, yeah, the chicken grubs, Yeah, they really well. But anyway back to Rihanna, no costume changes. She didn't actually look like she wanted to be there that much. I have a theory that she's just made so much money from the fenty shit that She's like, I don't need to do this.
Speaker 2: She's a billionaire.
Speaker 4: She's probably just like, why do I need to work so hard to prove myself as a musician when I've done that and now I've moved on to something else.
Speaker 2: Well, she wasn't paid for it, She did it for free. Did it purely for exposure. Same with Beyonce and Katy Peer.
Speaker 4: It's most of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think you're exposure.
Speaker 4: I think they get paid something, but it's not nearly enough to actually put on the performance, so they end up being out of pocket anyway. But they still do it.
Speaker 2: Well. I watched all of them, like I said, and Katie's was amazing. Katy Perry's was really good still to this day, highest viewed.
Speaker 4: Really you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hers is the highest viewed halftime boll halftime support.
Speaker 4: You must have overtaken Gaga because last night I saw Gaga was the most viewed, like in total, including the TV ratings, the YouTube everything.
Speaker 2: Maybe of course the Gaga fans like including all crickets that have two eyes and flies have nine eyes, and they watched it, so she has four billion views.
Speaker 4: But I love Katy Perry as you know, I'll fight to the death in jeering her floppyra even but I didn't think her thing was as good as gagas because I don't think you need to bring out guests like Katie per He brought out Missy Elliott and I was like, fuck off, hold on the stage.
Speaker 2: Hayden taught me all this in our education session that it was became the thing to bring out guests, like everyone would bring out guests.
Speaker 4: I don't think it needs to because Gaga did not need a guest.
Speaker 2: This is what happened. So it became a thing when justin Timberlake brought out Janet Jackson and showed her TP. Yeah, that's the whole thing. So then everyone started bringing out guests. But when Beyonce did it, she's like, I don't need no guess maybe just you know, Destiny's Child, and that was it. And then every artist after was like, well, Beyonce didn't bring anyone, so I'm not going to bring anyone. So then it created the trend of no guests because Beyonce's a trendsend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about that year where I don't even know who the performer was and who the guests were. It's like the most random clusterfuck of people. There was Bruno, Mars, Beyonce and Coldplay. I was like, whose show was it? And who invited? Who went too the show?
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, Jennifer Lopez and Shakira two hundred and sixty million YouTube views to sixty So Shakira is the number one. Yeah, oh so we were both.
Speaker 4: I could have sworn with gagays. I got a sub using Lady Gaga fan accounts on Twitter and my fucking saws information, which is like, have you heard of COVID? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where'd you hear about? About four years later, bub fans are really concerned about something having in Wilmart Is it.
Speaker 1: Just me.
Speaker 2: Listening on Spotify? I'm doing forget to leave a five star?
Speaker 4: All right, it's time for the big guests that I've been mentioning the whole episode. Jenna and I are quite excited. So last year how this came about. We got an all staff email that just made mine and Jennis Jaws drop. It was one of those emails announcing a new staff member, and it basically said, oh please, welcome to Power Friend, which is one of the stations that Kiss owns. A brand new radio announcer. Her name is l j as in Lara Jean Marshall, who played Lisa on The Saddle Club.
Speaker 1: Come On.
Speaker 4: Jenna and I were big Saddle Club fangirls and we were children, and so we thought, should we just like shoot her a quick emailing her internal work address and they want to come on the podcast and we did and she said sure, So here she is today, Lara Jean Marshall, Welcome to Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 2: Lara?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 2: Does that song bring back good memories or bad memories? This song.
Speaker 10: Mixed memories? Yeah, I have.
Speaker 11: I remember hearing you know, people you know say it, say it and sing it down the road to me, and I thought, yeah, yeah, I know, and you know, they'd ask me to do the moves and I.
Speaker 10: Have like moves to go home.
Speaker 11: But then it brings back the beautiful memories of just being a kid and being with the girls and around the horses.
Speaker 10: So it was lovely.
Speaker 4: Did they tell you before you sort of got casts on the show that you'd be required to sing the bloody opening theme song?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 11: I went into it like not knowing you know, how big it was going to be or anything. And yeah, the albums came later, we had albums.
Speaker 2: I loved the album.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know this is kind of weird that right now we're just talking as to adults, but it's weird to know that as a child, I had like posts of you and CDs. There were multiple multiple albums. They saw a real cash grab there. Hold on.
Speaker 2: So I hate no disrespect Laura, but I have never seen it's a saddle club. And I just was not a horseboy, more into Pokemon and no offense to you. I love what you did with the animals, but you were made to write albums.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we didn't write them, but obviously there's other people who wrote them for us, and we ended up with like three gold albums and we sung around every Westfield.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, we do.
Speaker 11: Like the whole signing and having the microphone. We had those headsets where they were like that and they're like, you know Ricky Well, yeah, Brittany Britney vibes. Yeah, there's quite some weird instances as well, when you know, I'd be going up an escalator and someone would just reach for my hair, Like very weird things happening at these centers. But yeah, it was a lot of fun, a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: And I suppose even to this day, you get a lot of people like us who were still after all these years, like, holy fuck, it's Lisa from the Saddle Club.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Lisa.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you that with the EXE not Lisa. Oh sorry, sorry.
Speaker 11: Lara got a ride Laura and Ilse called me Lisa. This week, we had we had a guy come in and doing an interview and he actually had this bargain at work with his mates and they're all putting their loves of their lives on the wall or something, and there was like Marca, Robbie, there was something else, and there was Lisa from the Subtle Club. So he actually came in and on an interview and he's like, can I hug you? Can I give you a hug? And I was like, yeah, sure. And he's the same age as mate.
Speaker 4: So I love that. I'm telling you one of these it's it's one of those things that sticks with you if you're obsessed with it as a child. Even though I'm not obsessed with the Saddle Club now, it just kind of sticks with you. I'm like, oh my god, it's Lisa. You also don't look like you've aged that much, but.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you. It must be my mum's skin.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe. So wait, can you did you know how to ride a horse when you got cast on the show? Was that how you got cast?
Speaker 10: No? Oh no, not at all.
Speaker 11: So basically I Keenan actually got her role first, who played Carol, and I got my role and then they said, okay, we're going to try and you up with the Lord of the Rings trainers for a month, and so we did that.
Speaker 2: The Lord of the Rings train as well, I guess because they were big in the horse department at that point in time. Those movies were big.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and Lord of the Rings is going on at the same time. So I was in love with orlandra Bloom. So one of the guys actually grabbed his signature for me.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I just point something out, Mitchell that Jenna is actually skewing a little saddle club today herself.
Speaker 4: Did you put on this outfit knowing that you were going to be chatting to Lara today because you're very thought of.
Speaker 2: It's a dryser bone pink shirt, You've got horse flies surrounding what's going on? And she's got a salt leg on the desk.
Speaker 11: Clara, I know, well, you know she's got that ponytail as well, like at least always had a pony tail, So she's looking more Lisa than I am.
Speaker 2: And I also don't think that you two have discussed how bigger fans you actually were. So Mitch, you had posters, Jenna went to all the meat and greets, Like, how intense were you guys into this show when it was at its peak?
Speaker 4: It was just like my favorite show, my sister's favorite show. We loved it, and it was always starting as we got home from school because I was a country kid, so the bus took forever, and if the bus was running late, I'd get so antsy. I'm like, oh fuck, it's already started. I'm missing the start of the Saddle Club. And I'd do that thing where I'd tape it on a blank VHS. Yeah, I would tape the Saddle Club.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know, because we have videos. Like I saw the tapes too. It's ridiculous now, It's like, how would we even watch that stuff?
Speaker 2: Were you the same, Janna? Were you obsessed? Did you have posters?
Speaker 6: I loved the Saddle Club and the Saddle Club made me want to learn how to ride a horse.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did.
Speaker 6: I did a questrian and show John did not.
Speaker 2: Why does Jenna have least secret backstone yet, Lara, Jenna's a type of person. I'm like, oh, I've got to go get an ingro and tone our removed. She's like, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: I've got a p dietary ticket.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like a Jenny, You're just a woman after my own heart.
Speaker 2: Well, Jenna's an nepotism baby, so she had a very big house growing up, so she would have had her own stables. She is. She's an nepotism baby, and so she's very wealthy, so she had an estate. So it makes sense, Mitchell, we should have put the two into it together that she would stable state, so, you.
Speaker 4: Know, not a nepo baby. So you you said, Mitch that you never really watched The Thato Club, right, never.
Speaker 2: My sisters did, but I never watched it, and I'm gay. I don't know why I didn't watch it. Like I was, I was trying to indoctrinate myself into straight culture. I'm like, I've got to like Pokemon and you ge Oh, but I really should have been watching Saddle Club.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I did dig up an old scene from back in the day, a scene that Lara would have done. It was Lisa arguing with her mother about whether or not she was going to boarding school. Her mother's trying to pull her out of Pine Hollow. She won't be part of that club. You're off to boarding school?
Speaker 2: Disgusting. All right, here's a saddle club. Here's a little trip down memory lane, Lara.
Speaker 4: I just concerned about your priorities.
Speaker 5: I know you're right. I shouldn't be putting riding before her work.
Speaker 11: A study harder, I promise, But I can do that without leaving.
Speaker 5: Please, I totally belong here.
Speaker 4: You mate, your friend Tony.
Speaker 5: Not like Stephe and Carroll. They're my best friends. Still, they're always left me no matter what.
Speaker 1: Well can she say?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 10: All right, yeah I'm staying.
Speaker 2: Let's celebrate. How right? Okay?
Speaker 1: Hold on?
Speaker 4: So half into the sunset on the horse.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen the show, Lara, but is that how every confrontation was sold in the saddle club. She's got debilitating Maya grains and she no, No, you know what we need to do right? Makes us doesn't sleepy hollows flooded? You know what we need to do right? Does that bring back memories, Lara, you were such a cutie.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it does bring memories, and yeah, they're very heartwarming memories. And I kind of remember what I was doing on the day, but I look back to the faces I was pulling, and it was always like this, I've always just have.
Speaker 4: This was always just a little bit concerned, wasn't she?
Speaker 10: Yeah she was not always confused.
Speaker 11: You know, I just always confused or you know, constipated either.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can relate to that. I got to say, though, I wouldn't have picked Lisa to turn out with this gorgeous radio voice of Don't You Read?
Speaker 2: And this is what I got excited because these two love Saddle Club. I'm a radio nerd, like I'm obsessed with radio through and through, and then hearing that you've got the Breaky show on Power FM is so exciting to me. So how did that come about? Did you love radio? Did you fall into it? Did you get off of the gig?
Speaker 10: Well, guys, I.
Speaker 11: Know that you're you've been in radio for for a long time, but I'm very new to radios. So you know, I gave up acting maybe two years ago, and then my first job out of journalism school.
Speaker 10: Was the news.
Speaker 11: So I was in Hamilton, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by just liquor stores and pubs everywhere, and I was doing the news around there.
Speaker 10: But it was really lovely because I got to connect with the community. And then I kind of fell in love with radio.
Speaker 11: I kept him falling in love with interviewing people and connecting with people.
Speaker 4: Can you give us a little peak at your news three to voice? I want to hear that.
Speaker 10: It's Laura Jan Marshall and it's News Today and on the ble Oh.
Speaker 4: Jack, that was really good.
Speaker 11: I love I don't know, I'd have to remember one of the little bulletins I've done, but yeah, after that, yeah, it was Jack because it's LJ and Jack for breakfast. And Jack actually met my sister in law at a party or something and he was saying, I'm looking for a co host and she said, Laura will be great for this me through and then we just had a connection on radio. We just couldn't stop laughing. And we're very ying and yang good, very different to me.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's Mitch and I. We are very different from each other. And then half the time we forget Jenny's here, so it's actually a perfect little trio for us to have. But once you find that magic, like it takes years to get that, especially in radio because bosses love to just cram two people that don't work together the amount of love, and contestants have tried to Oh my god, I've got big of tits and half these girls fucking work.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like you're not a total newbies to radio. You had the journalists and background, which makes total sense. And so you're in Ballarat now right, we're already living there.
Speaker 10: No, no, I moved to Ballarat for the job.
Speaker 11: It was a little bit of like I love Hamilton, don't get me wrong, but it was a little closer to the Melbourne city in the metro and yeah, it's nice to be closer to family.
Speaker 10: And it's really lovely around here. Like I'm loving the lake.
Speaker 11: I actually I am the big sailor, so on Wednesday nights on the lake here. Yeah, I like to be active, so you know, it's got the walks, it's got the hikes.
Speaker 10: It's really lovely.
Speaker 11: So it's just kind of worked out that way, and the breakfast show is going really well, Like the listeners have been so lovely and just you know, giving me helpful hints, offering to help me move all of this stuff, and I'm just like you're also okay.
Speaker 2: No, I will say Lara though, like I've been in this for a while, don't trust them all the time because the listeners they can be absolutely crazy. So don't eat listen to food. Have you been sent to listen to food before, like a meal or a baked good that's been made for you by the listeners?
Speaker 11: No, but I've been sent flowers, a book, right, and a candle.
Speaker 2: Okay, the books bomb. The candle is actually it's probably made with seamen. And then the flowers just don't go near them. They've probably got a spy camera in them. Like just just my word of advice. I once was sent cookies and the woman had spat in them.
Speaker 4: She spat the cook and wait until after you'd eaten them to tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Also someone here kiss FM S and Kyle Sandalan's lemon cello, but it was urine, it wasn't remember.
Speaker 4: I remember Kyle telling a story where someone sent Lamington to the station. She caught up and said, did you get the Lamington's And they said, yeah, yeah, we've eaten them. She goes good because I pisced in the mix. Okay, so just take that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I away from all of it over at Jones and Amanda and we get listener food and we eat it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Different, you've got wholesome listeners. I'd say it sounds like it sounds like powerf and Balerrete listeners would be quite wholesome to Did you move there by yourself? What did you move with the family?
Speaker 10: No, I moved by myself. I'm definitely new girl in town.
Speaker 4: I love that. Yeah, h you're single? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Should we should do? We should sweak and play matchmaker? Sure?
Speaker 11: I probably want to be matched up now. I think I'm ready to date. I'm ready to go out there. You know, I dabble in this and that.
Speaker 4: So finding someone Ballaratte reminds me a lot of Forbes, which is near where I grew up. And I feel like there's what maybe five pubs in town. Have you tried them all?
Speaker 11: No, I've only tried a couple. I did go on a date the other night for really, Time's Day.
Speaker 2: How did it go?
Speaker 4: Where's the hot date spot in Ballaratiyah?
Speaker 11: So for I would I would say, look, I've only been on one date in like six months, but now now I'm ready to get out there. But I would say, yeah, Mitchell Mitchell Harris Wines like any of the wine places, you know, they're a little bit you know, upscale. They always have like a you know, a three course meal inclusive thing, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Ballerat is nothing like Forbes, as it turns out, much much.
Speaker 2: Don't settle Lara, because you are You're the queen Bee of town, You're an actress, you have the breakfast radio show. Don't settle. I want you to, you know, have a couple of dates before you settle down.
Speaker 4: Although I will say this, it is tricky dating when you've got to get up super early, right Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, I mean I always have naps.
Speaker 11: You know, it gets to I do four to twelve, so I always have like a bit of a nap after and then my day's gone get.
Speaker 4: There before I am the night.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so for four am. So we get to the studio at four thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that'll change that.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 2: I'm on air at seven o'clock and I'm in at six fifty and I get a cup of tea and I sit down, like the ambition goes. Maybe a bad lesson, don't don't fall into my house, but that is so exciting. So yeah, power FM, that is what are some segments you do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got to say, I was trying to check out the show and there's no podcasts. You've got to get them onto that.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, we're trying to get onto that. We did have TikTok for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: What happened disappear just disappeared.
Speaker 11: We had a lot of listeners though, but yeah, no, we'll have to definitely get into that. But our segments are kind of around what are we doing tomorrow. We're saying like best cure for a hangover? We had like what is the oldest thing in Ballarat? And everyone was going wild at that and we went to the fire station, we went to the sailing yacht Club and we're finding out, you know, on this hunt for the oldest thing in Ballarat.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 11: We have talked about the fascination of serial killers today. Wow, and why everyone's so into it?
Speaker 4: God, your station, Your station sounds way more fun than the one that I had growing up. We used to have funeral announcements I'd hit snooze on my bloody clock radio alarm and nine minutes later to go off again. Still going with the general announcements.
Speaker 2: They're not done in the middle of the song. Actually, four people have died since the original announcement. We have to actually retroactively add Betty.
Speaker 4: That's so funny. Well do you do a quiz?
Speaker 2: Do you do a game? Any games that you guys do?
Speaker 10: Oh? Yeah, we do games. So I have this, Well, we do that the would you rather?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 11: And then we do the are you for real? We do the reverse game. We're basically have to hear the song reverse. Oh, and then you have to figure out what it is.
Speaker 10: I'm really good at that one, and I don't know.
Speaker 4: Why I've had I've heard other radio shows do that, and I think I'm quite excellent at it too.
Speaker 9: Do that.
Speaker 11: Maybe we should all play it some time each other, girls against the two mitches.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we have to do a rematch. We'll have to get your back.
Speaker 4: We have to.
Speaker 2: That could be really fun. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's set a date.
Speaker 2: We'll get you back on hopefully to have a partner and not hopefully you don't need you don't need anyone, but you know.
Speaker 10: I've been by myself, Flowers Mitch.
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly. Again, Well, that is so great to meet you. I'm going to go back and rewatch out club's streaming.
Speaker 4: It's actually all on stand. I found that out today. Yeah. By the way, you said that you gave up acting a couple of years ago. What made you want to do that?
Speaker 11: I think it was just there's a lot of pressure on women, you know, in that industry, and yeah, I think I just didn't find it fun anymore. You know, I love I love acting, but the industry was quite harsh and quite harsh on women's bodies and the image, and you know, it wasn't something that I kind of wanted to stay in anymore, just because of that reason, not because of not the acting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fair enough. Have they got like a local music and drama society that puts on music in Balorat, I'm.
Speaker 10: Sure they do.
Speaker 11: I mean they've got a performing arts studio here. They've got Steve O actually coming to town soon.
Speaker 2: Oh from Jack Wow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they've got him coming. So we're actually trying to get an interview with him.
Speaker 4: Ballaratte sounds dope. I said, it reminds me of nothing, like totally.
Speaker 2: Do they need a night show that sounds lovely? Sailing on Wednesdays? You need a big boat. But I could do it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I'll take you sailing any time. We actually did capsizing. Last night, we did capsizing, So my teacher was pushing me off the boat and I actually hit my head with the boom and I've got this big egg on the back of my head.
Speaker 4: Now, no, what is the value in that lesson just pushing you off the boat? What's skilled again from that?
Speaker 10: So they you can climb back on the boat again.
Speaker 11: But it's so like my friend was actually taping me getting back on the boat and it was really like terrible from the behind, like I looked like it.
Speaker 10: I looked like a dead seal just limped over the side.
Speaker 2: There is nothing worse than getting back on a boat from being in the water. It's awful cause then you have like you're weightless in the water. But then the moment you have to pull yourself back up, gravity kicks in and often my man boobs getting the way. I had that experience recently in the harbor and yeah, yeah, local terrorists they're like that's a bluega whale. It's not it's me from kids. It was very embarrassing for me. Well, so great to have you on, so exciting, are you guys chopped?
Speaker 4: I'm like, God, life is weird. I'm chatting with Lar Regine.
Speaker 11: I'm chatting with the Mitches and Jenny stop it.
Speaker 10: It's great to me too, because I'm a big fan of you guys.
Speaker 4: I'm cute.
Speaker 11: I really loved your episode about someone eating a salad out of someone's butthole.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, dear, So maybe you shouldn't podcast your show because that stuff like that happens aara. You know, maybe it's better if it just disappears after it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't even know how to give that more context to make it sound better.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what That's exactly what we did, and we're proud of it.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit reluctant to ask you the question that I ask every guest. I'm like, I'm like, you're still a child star in my mind, it feels so inappropriate. But we we ask the same question to every guest that comes on the show. We get them to contribute to our list of things better than drugs and Dick and the reason the list exists is because we don't want our young listeners getting obsessed with partying and boys like. There's more to life. There's little things you can appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, little.
Speaker 4: Things like the crunch of an apple, or like walking on autumn leaves, you know, stuff like that. What is some other example of.
Speaker 2: A good afternoon nap? Yeah, perfect timed afternoon nap, A good A good what is it? A good two floss? I think we've had before. Oh a Q tip in the year, Like a nice, satisfying Q tip, just something that you go, you know what, This is so much better.
Speaker 6: Angela Bishop said her waterbed?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 2: She did? She did? Yeah, I think she's got the last waterbed in the country.
Speaker 4: Sophie Monk said, Jimmy brings so like, yes, there's anything.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean, what are you thinking better than drugs and dick Lara?
Speaker 10: Oh, I would say an oozing lava cake. Oh nothing better?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love chocolate absolutely is it adding it to the lists? Great?
Speaker 2: Nothing pisses me off more When my ouzzy lava cake doesn't oose it's thick and coagulated. That's you fucking marketed it wrong.
Speaker 4: It must not glug yes, yes, pisses me off.
Speaker 2: You know who does it really well? Ironically? Dominoes to a great lava cake?
Speaker 4: Do they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really good?
Speaker 4: Well aren't you? Guys?
Speaker 2: You asked? It's perfect?
Speaker 4: Perfect? Have you found a place in Balorat that does a good oozing lava cake?
Speaker 11: I do, and I did have it on my Valentine's date on Tuesday. It's funny because he actually made the date and then I realized it was Valentine's Day?
Speaker 4: Oh did he know that it was Valentine?
Speaker 10: Yes, and he was like, oh, it's funny the day.
Speaker 11: I'm like, I don't know what he's talking about Tuesday and then we were sharing an oozing laughter cake.
Speaker 2: So did he know who you were? He knew of the history.
Speaker 4: And then interesting, where did you first meet him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: Bumble?
Speaker 2: Oh nice ship Bumble. How many swipes would you get on Bumble and baller at three four?
Speaker 11: Oh, there's a lot, but there's a lot that looked like a bit of serial killers Jeffrey Darmer.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, so maybe it's more like Forbes than I thought.
Speaker 2: Lara Jean Marshall, you can get her if you're in Ballarat, or can we listen on the app. Actually, Lara, can.
Speaker 10: We get it live Heart Radio.
Speaker 2: You're a coworker.
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 2: Think you're coming on the show Jack and l J for Breakfast power balleratte or streaming on the iHeart Radio app having our pleasure.
Speaker 4: Thank thanks Lara, Thanks Guy, Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Oh what a sweetheart? Who was she again?
Speaker 4: You were very polite for someone who's never seen the Saddle Club in your life.
Speaker 2: The restraint that I had in my right arm to not do this when I introduced her.
Speaker 4: Padaway. When you said that you never watched the Saddle Club because you were watching Pokemon. I watched Pokemon too. That was the morning thing me too.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the times.
Speaker 4: What were you doing in the afternoon?
Speaker 2: Water polo, water polo and fucking women?
Speaker 4: Oh my go As a child, I wouldn't have thought so.
Speaker 2: And she was an actress, right, yes, she played Lisa got it.
Speaker 4: Weirdly, she was the only member of the Saddle Club with an Australian accent despite being an Australian based show. Do you love this bullshit show?
Speaker 2: The best show?
Speaker 4: It went everything and it was just infuriating because my sister and I were influenced. We wanted a horse more than anything in the world. And Mam and Dad we be like, no, we'll get you the fucking stuffed saddle club toy horse. No, I got stuff to get.
Speaker 2: You a beanie baby. All you wanted was a chestnut mayor.
Speaker 4: I actually had multiple toy versions of Lara's characters horse, Yeah, both of them, Storm and Pass.
Speaker 2: I had to tell her that I rode a horse and then killed it because I gave it spinal cancer due to my weight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe don't tell her.
Speaker 2: Can we get it back on.
Speaker 4: Get tired? Back on ship away? This has been a gorgeous first episode, fast hasn't.
Speaker 2: It's lovely. It's been a pleasure. Fuck. I don't think she liked the joke about when when going gets tough, you'd just say what did she say? Let's ride?
Speaker 4: Yeah? She was laughing like, yeah, okay, let's celebrate. How ride on Valentine's Day? How should we celebrate? Right?
Speaker 2: That's shocking and wood and that's the suburb.
Speaker 4: Pine Pine holds the name of like the stable that they did horse riding lessons, that it was like an after school extracurricular thing. But they just seem to always be big and.
Speaker 2: How did it then did it burn down? Anything tragic?
Speaker 4: Well, they actually brought it back for a season three with new cast members after these girls were too old and it was just they were imposters. I hated.
Speaker 2: Well, good riddance. She was lovely. Yeah, all right, so.
Speaker 4: Low it's bit the ot Leath.
Speaker 2: Great first show back. It was a pleasure God, and we missed you all, We really did.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was worried that I'd be like, I don't remember how to podcast, But it's like riding a bike. Gorgeous to be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All we had to do is look at each other and think right right or die bit right or die gus. We'll see you next week. Weekly episodes are back. Leave us a five star review. That'd be lovely if you knew here as well, or if you've never left us a review five stars. Whack it on the podcast out and we'll see you guys next And.
Speaker 4: Don't forget the brand new iGEM text line. The number is oh four one two seven one two oh nine two. Yes, how many times am I gonna have to say that before I remember one more time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: O four one two seven one two oh nine two.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of two's in there. That help.
Speaker 2: That does help. We could get it. I'm recorded. If you want that, I can just fire it off. That might be easy.
Speaker 4: It's going to have to be that because you'll never remember. We'll get Bradley. He's back.
Speaker 2: Wrong, I see next week.
Speaker 4: Guys, We love you, Thanks for listening to you.
Speaker 2: Bye. Is it just Me?
Speaker 4: Podcast by a couple of.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit to follow on your podcast.
Speaker 4: At Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend the show is done. Hopefully most people stop listening at that point because this is where we get a bit feral. You just get carried away and nothing's planned here.
Speaker 2: Fucking nuts. Yeah, I missed the show. I'll be honest. I'm gonna come straight out and say it missed it ours? Yes?
Speaker 4: All right? Okay, near me too, friends, bring it back. When you said I missed the show, I'm like, are we still talking about saddle Club?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 4: Giddy up?
Speaker 2: Their words never ever to come out of my mouth.
Speaker 4: Also, by the way, that all stuff email we got sent announcing that Laura was doing in the network. Fucking it was riddled with horse puns.
Speaker 2: Yes it was not.
Speaker 4: It was it was like, giddy up, No gets who's jumping in the power of him Saddle who wrote that, I don't know, join the club. We're excited? Oh so lame, But I loved it. Hello world, this is LJ that's right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Also, i'd be upset, like I want to leave my past as the past. How annoying would it be for thirty years? All anyone quotes is ijem.
Speaker 4: I mean we just had it on and spoke about predominantly the Saddle Club, so.
Speaker 2: I know that's what I mean. I don't want that to happen to us.
Speaker 6: Hang on, tight, Ballarette. This is going to be a fun ride.
Speaker 4: That's mortified ride right, sounds good. It's I kind of on a visit now. He should be the ambassador for Ballarat.
Speaker 2: To results a photop I've never seen Ballarat. Where is it?
Speaker 4: Well, it's like near Melbourne, ish like it's in Victoria. But when you look at, you know, a picture of Ballerat, it does look a lot like Forbes. It made me think they must be so similar. But no, Ballerrette sounds clum.
Speaker 2: I'm going to quickly just patch in to power and Ballarat with that, with that, with that, a pun patch. No, it clearly wasn't power bale.
Speaker 4: You know what I like with my pancakes, golden stirrup.
Speaker 2: God and whipped Yes, terrible.
Speaker 4: What else did we get up to during the break?
Speaker 2: So I launched a new show? We've covered them? I what did I do? Rental crisis is pretty bad? That's really it for me. How sad Chelse My mum had a gall butter out in a freak incident. God bless her had golstones on Boxing Day? How is everyone's Christmas? I guess we debriefed on all this.
Speaker 4: Well speak speaking of gablestones, it shouldn't be funny. Let me preface this by saying that it's a happy ending. But my cousin he I think I might get the story wrong, but basically he was passing gallstones and then I don't know if the pain was super excrutiating or something, but he ended up having a heart attack and going into cardiac arrest and was in a coma for ages, ages and it was not looking good. Fast forward to now and it's been like one of those miracle drastic recoveries, like you'll be in rehab for six months, but he was time for Christmas. Wow, okay, so, and there was a big news article the other day of him reunited with the doctors and shit, very nice, very happy ending. And I think the reason he was healed by some miracle is because my auntie Trish, when she was visiting my grandparents, she knew that she was going to visit my cousin in hospital and thought, I'll get Nan and Pop to record a video message and I'll play it to him while he's in a coma.
Speaker 2: I was to try to back through to him while he was in a coma, and they're so bad. What the messages?
Speaker 4: When Tries told me she did this, I was like, have you been sitting on this gold content and not told me until now? Air dropped me immediately, What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Were they they just not really impassion or was it really too cute? They being sweet?
Speaker 4: I think you'll understand why I've turned out the way I have, Like they're not very sentimental.
Speaker 2: How old are they? What are their names?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Their names are Bill Anita. They got Bill Anita to record video messages for my cousin in a coma, and they're just so funny. They shouldn't be funny, but obviously they had a major impact because he just had this sort of drastic recovery.
Speaker 2: Okay from these messages grandparents.
Speaker 4: So this is my grandmother's message, hold on, hil how I soon make it quick, followed by five seconds of silence again, Oh my god. She asked him how he was He was in a coma.
Speaker 10: He's not.
Speaker 6: So funny because all my relatives would do the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: Was she meant to say on the men not on the run suit, He's not. He's not in prison, he's in a coma. And then my grandfather's is so much worse slash better, depending on what way you look at. This was his beautiful, heartfelt message to his grandson in a coma, get better.
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 4: That's and I said, Trish, why is there five seconds of silence on the end of every cameo from my grandparents? And she goes, I just thought that'd have more to say. That was his whole message, get better. No mucking around, as if my cousin's cardiac arrest has somehow imposed on him, and he's like, you've had your fun, now snap out of it.
Speaker 2: That's fucking girl, no wucking around. Were they fully briefed.
Speaker 4: They know exactly what was happening. Also had no hope that'd written him off. They had not, like he'd been in a coma for a few days, and they were like, I don't know why it's hanging on so long. And I'm like, guys, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, they're so grim and like this was their message of support because in their minds are like, it's going to.
Speaker 2: Die anyway better.
Speaker 4: I like imagine, imagine my cousin just in a coma, going, you're right, pop, you're right, I'm out of it. I'm up praying, I'm good. Thanks for asking.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. So hold on, he's okay. Now he's on the man, he's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, totally. How Yeah, it's very very very good progress in a very short amount of time. Oh, like I think not even thirty, maybe early thirties. I don't know. I should know that.
Speaker 2: Actually, wow, yeah, no, is there heart problems in the family?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Goodness, we should get your heart Maybe we should get your little check. Yeah why partiolage artiologist? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh all right, yeah, probably not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm mucking around, get to it.
Speaker 4: You know that I had a bit of a menty be during our break. Yes, and Sean wrote me a card and got me chocolates and flowers and shit. And the card said get better, no mucking around. I love. That's very I was like, oh, that's perfect. That really is quoting my grandfather.
Speaker 2: That's really funny. That's they're mucking around.
Speaker 5: Hell a.
Speaker 10: Soon, man, make.
Speaker 4: It quick, better get get anything to ask for a second? Take? Hi, Alan, how are you the pipe? You're on the run soon, Better make it quick.
Speaker 2: She's boiling eggs behind her and past her. She doesn't want to have to fucking stuff and retake it in the middle of the kitchen in a teal sweatshirt.
Speaker 4: She's watching Hot Seed.
Speaker 2: That's really funny.
Speaker 4: Lots seat Did I get that?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: I need to see if I've got any from my grandparents.
Speaker 4: Oh, but the cheeries are so fucking sentimental and philosophical. There would be so beautiful. I bet my dad cries not Hi Dallan, now, I oh. I was like, this is over Christmas that I finally got these videos. I was like, you've been sitting on this since September? How dare you withhold gold from me for so long? Good old drunk Arnie Trish, I love it coming through with the goods.
Speaker 2: And good good that he's better, he's happy. Anything happened with you? Jennet. You have to move as well? Potentially, Yes, I do.
Speaker 6: So we've been having inspections because the owner is selling so.
Speaker 4: Oh god, the service suite. It's so it's going to go for a minute.
Speaker 2: Does jeeves come with the house or do they move with you? Is he on a is he sort of on a package with you? It doesn't exist. The package does not pay. Wow, she just admitted that she doesn't pay her housekeeper. Wow, you're such a NEPO baby, absolutely, because she works with WSFM and her dad invented radio.
Speaker 4: How the fuck do you become a NEPO baby? Indubo? Yeah, I know. How do your parents run the zoom?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: Good call and you answer? You live in the place you'll mansion. They ditched, ditched dubble as soon as they got cash. Now they're in double Bay. They had to have a little bit dubbo, so double boil all the bay. They had to keep a nice yeahs as close as they could get. That's what they called double Bay. Everyone knows it is the Dubbo of Sydney.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone knows.
Speaker 2: That Dubbo dust in Double Bay is just cocaine. It's true Colombian fresh coke. I was just about to ask if we had any text. But we're not live, are we.
Speaker 4: No, it hasn't come out yet.
Speaker 2: That's probably a good call come through. All right, Well should we wrap up the first episode the long?
Speaker 4: We're done already?
Speaker 2: I think we're done. Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty good.
Speaker 4: I'm not. It's stay for a bit, we can stay.
Speaker 6: I don't mind.
Speaker 2: You know what we should do?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: Yes, you should go on a little ride. Giddy up?
Speaker 2: That is it? Just you call too? I really, I mean I prepped him.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's so funny that you said to me before we started recording. You were like, I've got a great one today, and he goes, do you know the secret it's a quality hotel Linen And we said no, and he goes me either. So it's not just me or you, it's.
Speaker 2: None of it's he just messaged with her. Josh, he's back. He's still been investigating. He's an investigator. As we're getting in the task and he's messaged me. Yeah, he says, thank you, of course for coming on. You're my favorite match contact. I didn't contacted an old friend.
Speaker 4: I add, how had he come through with the answer?
Speaker 2: Finally, well, I don't know. Contacted an old friend. Basically chucked in, oh the English, chucked into industrial washing machine, gets sorted of course beforehand, then into dryer and steam cleaned. I love it when we'd get a new bat jean and the linen was freshly warm. And then he sent his address so he can get his prize instantly. I don't think he's done his job.
Speaker 4: So the secret is that they wash them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's I'm going to tell you one thing? This is the message from beforehand I've got is Joe great? Tell me what is it? He says? Is it just me? Or do you have no idea how hotel sheets and what happens. I want to discuss this as I used to work in hotels, so I'd love to give the insight on what goes on behind closed doors.
Speaker 4: If you'd love to give the insight, then fucking give it.
Speaker 2: And then last July he asked again like he's been sitting on a secret for so long, and then comes on and asks.
Speaker 4: Us, I want to know the secret.
Speaker 2: Imagine they're being a murder in your house and a policeman coming in being like, all right, what a reckon happened? Guys? This murder? Do you know? What do you reckon happen?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I think happened? He was murdered?
Speaker 2: And then the next day we've got a lead. What happened it? Come my price? Now's my address. If you've got an issage, just you that you actually, in fact, you hate to bring us anything, to be honest, like, you don't have to bring us a secret. Just ask us something you've noticed, something you hate to appreciate. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Which one does that fall under the hotel linen? Shit, we never said something you've wondered.
Speaker 2: Good call. Maybe we need to add it in something you've noticed hate wonder to appreciate? Too fucking wordy, thanks, Joshua. We know, we just we're just playing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just racing your darling as we do. I just don't think there is anything secretive about the process. They just wash them so that they're no longer dirty, and therefore they are clean.
Speaker 2: I'd imagine there's a shit tone of bleach.
Speaker 4: As well, probably and fabric softenert a hotel over Valentine's saying there's just something about hotel Linen, and I was like, what do they do? What's their secret that's intrigued? Also was a king bed. There's something about that that's luxuryous.
Speaker 2: To tell me, How is your first Valentine Day with Sean and what happened?
Speaker 4: Oh? It was nice. Yeah. I booked a hotel room close to his office so we didn't have to commute or anything.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous, very sweet because we did not live.
Speaker 4: Near each other in Sydney. It's bloody northern beaches.
Speaker 2: It took an hour more than an hour.
Speaker 4: Oh, it depends on time to day. It's actually not that bad. It's usually forty minutes or something.
Speaker 2: And I used to do it by the way it works and worked out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you were in the Shire fucking out.
Speaker 2: And he was in North Sydney, so it was fine.
Speaker 4: Rap yeah yeah. So I booked a hotel close to where he works, so it was just kind of easy, lovely and again nearly the first fight, I said, I'll ask for late checkout the next morning and he goes, great, I'll work from home as in from the hotel and then the next morning, he gets up and goes, actually, I might just head to the office. I was like, I've got late checkout. I'm just going to sit here by myself.
Speaker 2: So what did you do?
Speaker 4: Just sat there? I actually ended up leaving kind of early because I was like, why am I here? Why am I in this hotel doing nothing? I may just go home.
Speaker 2: I've got shit today, and you'd had the dinner the night before, which.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was It was perfect, to be honest, I'm just bitching.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 4: It was perfect. It was lovely. I sent roses to his office cute. That's adorable, which I feel like when I worked in an office, I was like, one of these days, I'll get a surprise thing. Rock up because you get to gloat to your colleagues like, oh, who were the flowers? Oh they're for me? Yeah, And apparently everyone was like hudded around his desk like, oh my god, someone got flowers. I might have made a lot of a lot of his colleagues jealous. There might have been some upset husbands that night.
Speaker 2: I can imagine.
Speaker 4: Y yeah, yeah, absolutely, But yeah, it's not really as exciting when I work from home. No no one to lord it over.
Speaker 2: You know, did you have passionate sex?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, sorry, well it's Valentine's What are they Mormons? No?
Speaker 4: We crochet? Yeah? What did you expect pitching our you quilt?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm just trying to work in your granddad saying what he said. But in regards to you two having.
Speaker 4: Passionate no mucking around, they're backing.
Speaker 2: Around happy, get better than mucking around. But your buttsal no mucking around, get better?
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well this is a stark contrast because this is our fifth feet day together. Hey Den, I yeah, and we spend our day arguing about understairs storage. We went to four open houses.
Speaker 4: Did this argument get exactly?
Speaker 2: It wasn't that bad. It's just he vetoed a few apartments because there was no understair storage.
Speaker 4: You know, once it gets to like really you know, crunch time, where it's like fu fuck, we're gonna be homeless, you'll see'll start to be less picky.
Speaker 2: There's three weeks. It takes two weeks. Yeah, you are to pack up and then you've got to get a lease date. What you forget is when you get an apartment or you look on domain, it says available.
Speaker 4: From and we finned it's not for another month.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we need to find something not only in our price rage, not only has everything we want has under fucking stair storage, and it's available as of our moving date because our move out dates to Wednesday. So it's like, oh, you.
Speaker 4: Didn't reel though, did you. You didn't say, okay, babe, we'll look for understaird storage.
Speaker 2: On the one that we just we just potentially might be getting. Let's have a look. I air dropped you guys the video. Let's see if it's got understand storage because it's a flight of stairs. Let's have a look.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's because one thing to have stairs, but without the storage. Oh I there's a big door under the stairs. Good, that's where the fridge goes. And there's three understorms.
Speaker 2: Oh he'll be so. And it's got my car port because I'm buying a Tesla and I want to get a charger. Oh really, Yeah, I wanted it to have a car port because I don't want to electric car. They not be able to charge the damn thing. Yeah, so I wanted to charge it inside. So I needed a garage. And there's one place I went to. Shit, you not in Loichhart disgusting suburb. That name makes me gross, Like like Art just feels gross.
Speaker 4: It's so bad for chart. It had so much potential but now it's just yuck. I agree. So like the Hidden Italy part.
Speaker 2: Of I went to acting school there for a week and then quit. You yes in Lialy, like like.
Speaker 4: Art's just this gross suburban paramounta road and then they've just got this hidden bit that looks like Rome.
Speaker 2: Really it's like a mini coliseum and the next to a sushi restaurant and a grill bird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like you go in and it's like a normal from outside, and then you go in and.
Speaker 2: It's like is it just me or is Lighthart fucked? Anyway, we went to an open house in a like Art and there was a garage and I'm like, great, this is what I want. And then the price was good. I'm like, oh, he's like like Hart though, and she went just fyi, Mitch and Hayden. The garage is not including the property doing with it. It's a separate rental for two hundred a week. Are you serious, Lighthart? So it was a garage in the house. The master bedroom was above it. So if if you were asleep at night, the renter or the tenant of the garage would be able to come in and out with the door that connected to the house.
Speaker 4: That's really fun. That's weird.
Speaker 2: I think it was illegal to be ridiculous anyway. So that is how grim it's been. But that has understore storage. So I'm going to make an offer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, fingers and ties get it. Where is it again?
Speaker 2: It's in Newtown.
Speaker 4: As long as you've got the car port, you'll be fine, because parking in Newtown. Don't get me fun. I know I had to street park in Newtown. It was fucking awful.
Speaker 2: You've got a car port. He'll be there. We'll be kay. We'll be kay, be kay. That's what everyone says, will be kay, so we'll be right. Oh and then we had a ciner Bondon for valu Day. Not a euphemism.
Speaker 4: Well, cinnemon ll What did you do for your first Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: Oh my, I don't remember. I think I actually I do. I woke up mate Haye and pancakes, had him a card and brought him a box with all his favorite things. He did a similar thing.
Speaker 4: I remember that actually for me. Sorry you know what I was. I was digging myself up for sending flowers to Shawn's office. I forgot to give him credit where it's due. Yeah, so I thought I won. I sent flowers to the office. I checked into the hotel around two. He didn't finish work until five. But unbeknownst to me, he had been in cahoots with the hotel staff during his lunch break and snuck into the hotel before I got there. So when I arrived, there was flowers and chocolates and shit on the bed. And so I walked in, and being an entitled prick, I was like, Oh, that's nice, complimentary stuff in the hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then like an hour later I looked closely and I was like, wait, there's a car with my name and it. Oh my god, how did Sean break in before I arrived?
Speaker 9: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: Ye wow, he's a keeper. Yeh, sure, that's actually very cute.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: I found it from our first day. This was in two nineteen. Fucking wow.
Speaker 4: I do remember that pancakes.
Speaker 2: We both got each other cards.
Speaker 4: It's probably golden stirruple.
Speaker 2: Probably nudes. Stop it, I'll look at us. When we were okay, young we were I forget like that fucking heart stop a show. I've never seen it, but I assume it was tragic.
Speaker 4: Haven't you.
Speaker 2: I don't like sad. I've told you.
Speaker 4: He's not sad.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he die?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Doesn't his heart stop?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: The only reason that people our age found it sad because they were fucking jealous, so they didn't have a young gay love story in high school?
Speaker 2: Would that?
Speaker 4: And it's like a yearning for what we didn't have.
Speaker 2: But we couldn't have ever had just be happy for them?
Speaker 4: No, I am I should never seen I thought, No, I'm talking broadly.
Speaker 2: I got it. I thought it was about some of cardiac arrest.
Speaker 4: Event I tried to watch it with Sean and he goes, no, it'll be too triggering. I was like, grow up.
Speaker 2: Truthfully, he's worried about veggiemar, but he's not worried about young gay love.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 4: We watch it eventually, and I was right. Of course, it's a sin.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, truly, oh maddic, and I will never recover from that.
Speaker 4: Not never.
Speaker 2: It's really it's awful, but very interesting watch. Jenna hasn't watched it, of course, because she's a nepotism baby, and she doesn't need to watch when you unerstand, why watch it? That's what she says every day, Why watch it?
Speaker 4: I understand? Named after her great grandfather stands.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know what streets uncle is named stan Oh, sorry, you got it? Rhyme's great uncle. You know what street she lived on growing up, Paramount Plassway. True? True?
Speaker 4: What induvo?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what The family catchphrase is, hey you, because they're all they own in law.
Speaker 4: That's our catchphrase, Hey you. You had the start of every episode.
Speaker 2: But we're not nebow babies. I've done the hard yards, hard hard yards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Also, you and I had the option to be nepo babies. I could have really dominated the wine industry.
Speaker 4: If I had any interest in farming. Oh, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: You'd be the you'd be the king of castle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to own the parking of a homestead.
Speaker 2: Yes, you could have had sheep wrapped arown your little finger. You could have owned the park's dish.
Speaker 4: Not really, I could run into astronomy and shit or whatever.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: True, that's what I mean. See, I don't really drink wine. I've stopped drinking alcohol, by the way, everyone altogether in about three months.
Speaker 4: Well that wouldn't have been hard because you didn't really drink much at all, I know.
Speaker 2: But then I was like, I'm having like one every now and again. If I go for dinner, I'll get a drink or a wine. And then I'm like, I'm going to just cut it out altogether. And you know what, I feel exactly the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been cutting back a lot, which it's been good. Actually, yeah, good good.
Speaker 2: You still done those vile green juices?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, you know what you do.
Speaker 2: That's lovely. Mitch has a soda stream in his house and he makes sugar free drinks for you when you come over. It reminds me of my NaN's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sugar free drinks are so good, so.
Speaker 2: Yummy, yummy, Coddy sugar free or do you use the soda stream o G syrups.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the soda stream syrups that you just put in the bubbly water. It's gold.
Speaker 2: You can get diet sun kissed and like lemon lime from coals. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: But if I want a some kissed, I want full of sugar. No, I'm not pissing around.
Speaker 2: Hey, we knocked it when we had a star on as a guest host a couple months ago. But the new Sprite no Sugar is really good. It tastes like full sugar sprite.
Speaker 4: I can't taste. No, it tastes the same, but it doesn't have the same effect when you're hungover that the sugar is what nurses you back to.
Speaker 2: Hell, I know, but if it still tastes the same, me me, dummy, you know, me drinks sprite, me happy boy? Right, okay, but like you tell me, I'm drinking sprite and it's Sprite no sugar. I don't know the difference.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: I very much do interesting cocno sugar. I can tell when the mac is waitress. I don't know why they always do it waitress.
Speaker 4: I don't drink coke for the sugar, though, I drink it for the caffeines. I don't mind a cocono sugar. But the Sprite is for the fucking sugar.
Speaker 2: Is that caffeine and sprite?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I forget that sprite?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that was your first dog generating vile nepotism. Baby, Well, all right, we shall go. We should go, don't forget. You can text us now in twenty twenty three for season five if you like. We've partnered with Crazy John.
Speaker 4: Do I have to give the who?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it we've part with Dodo? Yes, Crazy John and the number.
Speaker 4: Is four one two seven one two oh ninety Yeah in touch. We hope this podcast made you feel at least oh five, Do we go up again?
Speaker 2: Let's two five season five?
Speaker 4: Because we went three percent better after the third year. Oh, it's based on the year, is it. Yeah, it's just our fourth year. On our third year we went to three percent, so we're still on three percent. We hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today. That's all.
Speaker 2: Wait, now, this is our fifth year.
Speaker 4: No it's not.
Speaker 2: No, but we started in twenty nineteen. Yeah, just five years old. No, No, it's not in nineteen twenty nineteen, twenty two, twenty three, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: But that's not a one year anniversary. And we started. The one year anniversary is twenty twenty, so it's twenty nineteen, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Every year, it was based on the years we've been active.
Speaker 4: No, but the day we started in twenty nineteen wasn't our one year annivers thary. Our one year anniversary was in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's four years.
Speaker 4: Well it will be in September.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh god, since when do we go by Gregorian calendar standards? Well?
Speaker 4: What percentage do you want me to say? What do you hope?
Speaker 2: What if we go by season five? Skipped four? Here we have and then are really upset some people? Yeah, why don't we all just think of a number and we say the number we think.
Speaker 4: We hope this podcast made you field nine percent better.
Speaker 2: They're just going for seventy one.
Speaker 4: I was going for seven. Oh, seventy one is a big promise. We can't fucking lift people's mood that much.
Speaker 2: Let's stick to three and we'll going up in increments.
Speaker 4: All right, All right, Well we hope this podcast made you feel at least three percent better today. That's all so it is. Yeah, we do love you guys.
Speaker 2: Is it just used DMS Texas and we'll be back next week.
Speaker 4: Chat to you, then you.
Speaker 9: To me.
Speaker 4: A podcast by a couple of meters.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 1: M