Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: It's like twelve year old Chris came out mister bombastak himself. It's snaggy, I believe.
Speaker 3: For what you get is watching to.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, it's the Christian O'Connell Show and Gold. Good morning, Jack Mate, Good morning, Patsy.
Speaker 5: Oh morning. Here are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I tell you what how I'm going. I know you guys are a lot more used to living in a hot country than this Englishman. But yesterday that's too hot feeding with you guys, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It's unforgiving. I think it's because it's been so long since we've had a cool day. Usually chopped some changes down here, but yeah, it's just been over thirty, over thirty, and yesterday just no fun to be outside.
Speaker 4: No I think. I don't think yesterday was the best day for me. I thought I'll fire up the smoker. So I was up at six am and even at half six firing up that big old smoke monster. What a stupid thing to do too, because you have to. I sell it to three hundred and twenty five degrees celsius and then you have to stand there while it heats up for an hour. Right, And it was so hot, and it's not that heat where it's it's like coming off the ground.
Speaker 2: It's stinging.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the worst thing about yesterday was so we had the old mother in law came over for lunch to have this brisket that I smoke. Right, she came in the morning on her mobility scooter. And then when she was leaving about three o'clock when it was peak heat, my wife goes, I run my mum home only five minutes in the car. I guess you had to get in a mobility scooter. You know what we're saying. How you don'd have me out in that heat? Three in the afternoon it was I think it has been measured. It was forty two degrees at the tennis out on Center Court. Well, at least they can move around ically trapped in an incredibly smart, slow moving vehicle. Guys getting over COVID a couple of times. I thought we were going to be sick. It was there was no one out. There's no one.
Speaker 2: Around unless you don't get seen.
Speaker 4: Because it's also peer out of a window and then sort of do a double take like is he all right? Like you, I've a confused old young man like Benjamin Button. Why is he a schoolture? It's so what it's going and she has it set to the slowest setting, right, so it's not I don't know how to speed up to. It felt like it was like Lawrence of Arabia. I'm forgiving tarmac on the pavement. He's coming up to me going this is really cruel and really struggling with this. How was it in your house chat? Because Patsy you might not know this, but we went round to Jack and Bianca's lovely home just before Christmas, right, and well you know if you're if you're the people they want around, then you'll be around. But anyway, it's a beautiful house now they've all done it up on that. But the thing that strunck me was it is the coldest house in the street. It looks amazing, it's black.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no, you really just understand what it's like. You walk down the street and Australian classic home, a straining class and whoa hello, goths have moved in. So it's tim Bowton Helena bonhom Carter.
Speaker 2: Does look like something out of the very first Tim Burton Batman look. And I think it does look cools biank his choice to do something different.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: Or this is the original color, this is.
Speaker 2: When we were this is the what we painted it when we renovated it. So it's been like that for three years and it looks great and for seven eight months of the year it's fine. In the summer it is unrelenting.
Speaker 4: Hell has a house in Australia.
Speaker 2: It absorbs. Those cloudless days are brutal for the house.
Speaker 5: Isn't the aircorn broken down as well?
Speaker 2: The aircon's broken.
Speaker 4: It's just so warm, something from an old prison, like well, you'll be careful or you won't go in the hole. You'll go in the black house, all those demons in you by would I've repainted that overnight the moment this summer starts like you need like you know, have different seasons. The house needs to go to white in the summer and then paint it black during the winter. It's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding. When you walk outside, even just to take the bins out right yesterday, it's their sun is radiating off the weatherboards.
Speaker 4: I'm suppose your wife hasn't demanded in the mid of last.
Speaker 2: Night before tomorrow.
Speaker 4: The choice, and it'd be dry within five.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talking to Jack just now about this incredible I mean, it's been an amazing summer. Kids getting ready to go back to school, and tomorrow my house, and it's been an amazing summer. It's our fourth summer since we moved him. When we were saying, this has just been an epic one. We can't remember when it's been rainy or are not a really beautiful day, but yesterday was just this crazy kind of it, really really relentless heat. And I was thinking a about Jack and Bianca, who's only coulor of weeks and given birth, and the fact that they live in a black house. It's a black painted house. Someone's chosen to painted black. It looks very cool. However, it can't be cool to live in during a summer in a country that's notorious for its very hot summers. And obviously that is your wife's choice, because no guy has any real choice about the colors in or around the house, even in like pots or pants.
Speaker 2: Never and blanks go to I think she's got a great eye for that sort of thing anyway, so I'm happy to leave it up to her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't want that.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, you have resulted on every choice they had.
Speaker 4: The color of the table mats, I don't care. I wouldn't even notice what color is you put the plate on it. It's like Jimmy that I wasn't even allowed to paint the fence of our house the D's colors before the Grand Final for three days. That's the only time I've ever expressed any kind of need for color. I think. Actually, black houses are actually hotter. They generally do get there. It must absorb more heat.
Speaker 2: I read that up to fifty percent hotter inside a black house because it just the heat hangs in the walls. Just in there. I feel like I'll be able to get through winter without putting the heating on because it's just absorbed that heat and will get me through the year.
Speaker 4: It's like a solar battery of all up from this summer. And so, how are you both sleeping?
Speaker 2: We sleep in For the last three nights in a row, we've slept in the living room because it's the only room in the house that has a working air conditioner.
Speaker 4: So we're on what listen tight one. You know there are people called technicians and repair people that can come around trimend it.
Speaker 2: Don't even get me started. We called the manufacturer. The manufacturer came out, he said, it's the guy who installed its fault. The installer came out. He says, it's the manufacturer's fault.
Speaker 4: It's a current affair.
Speaker 2: I'm too meek of a person to put my foot down and demand that someone doesn't, so I keep I need the patsy. I need you to come in and kick some butts around the air on world and get them to fix.
Speaker 5: This air cut behavior.
Speaker 2: Because we're in the lounge. Bianker is eight months pregnant. She's we're on the L shaped Count.
Speaker 4: Said, don't hold man up to us now kicking off about it. How that guy came around from the manufacturer.
Speaker 2: The manufacturer is the worst. He's still building desk.
Speaker 4: We're meant to take it on your behalf grown up man.
Speaker 2: We are sleeping on the couch and it's not a fold out couch, it's just the L shaped couch. So I'm on the long L and Bianker's on the short hour. Yeah no, short al is actually better. I think sure long l has the cushion gap in the middle, so you hip sinks into the cushion.
Speaker 4: That's horrible. It's like the Princess and the pa. You know it's there digging into your well, a part of your spine or something. You can't sleep comfortably on that. So is that for the next couple of weeks should be giving birth on.
Speaker 2: That couch anytime it's hot, because it never gets below twenty degrees outside and in the house that's radiating a heat. It's like forty five. So we are trying to sleep on there. And you're right. Anytime you're not in your normal bed, you can tell. So this couch has a slight epis slight decline into the back cushion.
Speaker 4: Over the night, the couch monsters calling you into its stomach. You'll get trapped there with like old coins, wheel sticks, the remote control. We're never seeing about strangers things.
Speaker 2: If I'm not on air one morning, Corbierk, we get it to move me out of that linp trap at the back of the couch.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for are the emails. Also, you can also leave voicemails for the show. Anything we talk about on the show, you can pick it up whenever you want. We call it late to the party to do it late. All right, couple of emails. First of all, we're talking this week on the show about your first car, your memories of your first car. For our guest on Tuesday, Shane Warn talking about his one, Christian. I remember my first car very well, at a twenty five year old Holden Kingswood wagon. It was blue with a gold roof. I had vinyl seats. Yeah, you talk about the heat at the moment, Jim. Of those old vinyl seats, you would literally have to scrape yourself off like pizza off the pizza base during the summer was I didn't have air conditioning. The heater wasn't great either. Would struggle to clear the windscreen. I think an asthmatic mouse would blow more air than this car used to do it. Cold mornings, I needed to start at ten or fifteen before I needed to leave as an emmanual choke and the car needed to warm up. Did you have a manual choke, Paty? I did my first grade.
Speaker 5: No, I did not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Christian, my first car was a bright yellow. We were talking to there about the abundance of yellow in first car's Toyota Corona. Cost me three hundred dollars and I brought it from my brother's girlfriend at the time. It was an absolute crap box. When I bought it had done hundred and fifty thousand k It was so bad that I was driving home down Reynolds Road in Doncaster, which is a really hilly air. I had to just gun it going down the hill in order for it to make it up to the other side. One day, doing this death Valley run, I was pulled over half while out the hill for the cops speeding. As I jumped out of the car, the dashboard started smoking and then slowly, very slowly catching fire. It's not the first tip happened. It was some sort of electrical fought in the dash that I had had to fix. Some standing there nervously hoping the cop wouldn't notice what was going on inside the car whilst I was trying to explain why I had to speed otherwise I wouldn't get up to the top of the hill. Then all of a sudden, the dashboard finally erupted into fames. It was the end of the canary. The cops more or less arrested it. They empowdered it as.
Speaker 2: Unroaded the rest of the car.
Speaker 4: This car is under the rest. You know, you're right, you don't have to say anything. Let's got to lease voice smails. Then, first of all, talking about first cars, we have.
Speaker 7: Trish Hi Christian Letricia from glen Wib. I just had to let you know about march car. It was a Toyota Corona hard top, navy blue with white leather interior. The main feature of the car was I had sheep skins on both front seats. Bought it for around thirty two hundred dollars. I think the third paid for it, and we saw it for thirty four one hundred dollars, so it actually appreciated rather than depreciate like most cars do. So yeah, well, thank you, here you back.
Speaker 4: Bye, Thank you very much. Yeah. Do you remember you still see the occasional car when someone's got those sheepskin sort of the worst ones are the old people of those beads on. You sometimes get an uber he's got those beads and those back beads that they have and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like, is that actually comfortable. I always thought wouldn't they get uncomfortable after a while, especially driving long hours on uber.
Speaker 4: See that anyway, you don't see you on massage tables and chiropracive. Is that good for your back? This message is this voicemaip is from Big pat.
Speaker 6: Morning Christian and came, Yes, it's big Pad for the Big Toe Club. Yes, my car was a sixty three sixty four h station wagon which to call it the shag and wagon, said the curtains at the back, the big home wheels fifty holly carve you reader all the go gets an oh lo. I just loved it. I wish I had it to this day, and I've been worth a fortune now have a great day.
Speaker 4: Worth a fortune.
Speaker 2: Would it be.
Speaker 6: Car?
Speaker 4: Anytime I see a van or with curtains right even now as an adult, I jogged past it, going to get me in the back of that. They're going to get me the back anytime you see them with the curtains. It's Terri.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: One of the things I'd never seen before in my life until I moved here to Australia. Driving with no shoes on Patsy, Where do you stand on this, your shoe is driving.
Speaker 8: Oh, I have done it before in my younger years, even in a manual, which you know I took a bit of coordination. Would I do it now? Definitely not. No, I think it's a bit bogan VILLAA and it might wreck.
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't know who were going to go that way. Also, I love the way that my wife does to Sometimes I ask a question, I just want yes or no. Ago would I would? I let me engineering themselves.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the history of my drives, breaking.
Speaker 4: It down by car type and non semantic. Would I do that now?
Speaker 2: I'm a bunder villa. I'm a big fan of driving with no shoes. I actually feel like you get a better contact on the pedal because you're raw to it, and you've got a better you've got more feeling to it. Yes, because with a shoe.
Speaker 4: On you, any we're out in their car into a rival, some because they couldn't get any kind of feel or contact. We've been driving for decades with shoes.
Speaker 2: On shop I don't know. With shoes you can't feel where your feet are.
Speaker 4: I've never been confused, never never been in a car accident. Luckily and always had shoes on. I know where my feet aren't, Jack.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a layer of rubber that's stopping you from really knowing where the pedals are underfoot.
Speaker 4: But if that was just said, whether there's lack of contact with these little pedals, how the hell would you walk down the street or just walk around your normal life. I don't even know where my feet are right now.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the argument that it's more dangerous to drive without shoes. I can't see how that's possible.
Speaker 4: On the show, he's a big fan as well. Are driving out those shoes?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think maybe what Jack's trying to articulate is you can use your toes to kind of grip around the pedal and the brake pedal and.
Speaker 4: Use footsy or something down there.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a lot more sensitive.
Speaker 4: If you're doing it's like a cat'll pluck it all and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You are, you're more nimble, you have more control exactly, so.
Speaker 4: You're on the keyboard like Stevie Wonder more fee.
Speaker 2: I will sometimes get in the car, take my shoes and socks off drive, then put my shoes and socks back on to get out of the car.
Speaker 5: Oh no, that's too much ef.
Speaker 4: I'm also right, so is it it? Is it legal or illegal?
Speaker 2: I've heard it's illegal. I think that's a myths. That has to be a myth.
Speaker 4: There must be they might, there will be rulings. There are all states the same in Australia. Is it illegal or illegal?
Speaker 10: Mean?
Speaker 4: Can you take your test shoeless? Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I wouldn't think so.
Speaker 4: There then then there they go. That's the Oh no, certainly that's a bit wild man from the pommy. But you're like doing it day to day once I'm driving. No, I wouldn't do it for the test. No, because it's a test.
Speaker 2: If I was an instructor and someone came with no shoes, I'd be more worried about their judgment in general, and the kind of judgments that would translate.
Speaker 4: To you just said, shoes are fine. Contact that person has get away your back on to actually speak for you today, that person. Do you see the way he went for you as well? This is what the young mens do. Jerk, he's trying to articulate there. Maybe we hardists speak today and then when he's off on paternity leave, you won't get back in the door but the articulator on.
Speaker 2: Rio and tell them what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 9: Well, I've just quickly looked it up. So it's not technically illegal to drive barefoot, but the police.
Speaker 2: Can't say it's not technically brown upon it.
Speaker 4: Technically you're not allowed to kill someone. However they are irritating.
Speaker 9: But a policeman can still find you if they believe you are not in full control of your vehicle. So if they think maybe your shoes or your shoeless.
Speaker 4: Having some sort of tone massage, dexterity of what I'm trying to say, let me call.
Speaker 2: I would say if you had extremely sweaty feet, maybe if you've been in the beach or something, you could be a bit slippery on the pedals and that would be dangerous.
Speaker 5: Don't undergo a sweat test, though.
Speaker 4: Worry would be this you ever cleared out the car mats. Sometimes there's small sort of sediment or small pebbles around there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but not enough to graze the thing.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you this, you're moving that old barefoot around and stuff like that wide you're driving because obviously foot on the accelerator that the one sometimes has a bit of passivity is what I'm trying to say here, suddenly get that that gets a small bit of sediment or rock on you go to that's me slamming on the brake. Okay, you've gotta slam the brake. But because it's got a little bit of pebble in it on the hill there, the moment you put contact with a pedal, instinctively you're going to go ah, you're going to move away from it. That break isn't getting depressed?
Speaker 2: How big are the pebbles in rocks? No, it means it sounds like there's broken glass in your foot.
Speaker 4: Well everything in there, mate, you know, it's like a floor of cinema.
Speaker 2: Just don't be a popcorn out when you're finished with it.
Speaker 4: Basically, what my kids do? They drink my car like the floor of a cinema. All right, give us a call. I think we need a bit more than technically it's not legal legal, Can someone actually tell us what's called commonly the law on this? And can you take a drive into shoeless This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. We're talking right now about driving with or without shoes. I uh, it's not necessarily do with or without shoes. But I remember a couple of weeks ago having to go at my seventeen year old daughter, who's eighteen this summer, so can take contest. She's running up her hours and she left the house in a pair of hug boots, and I was like, no, you can't even walk around the house in those, right. You don't even pick your feet up. You're shoffing around like an eskimo going to get some fish. We're not getting in the car in your rug boots too.
Speaker 2: You'll press both pedals. Forget it.
Speaker 4: We're not making it round the corner. Your plowers into something. But I'm not a fan of driving without shoes. Jack Apsity loves it. Patsy, you're not a fan either. I am.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: And so we don't know the moment REO produce the real things. Technically it's not illegal, but we don't one hundred percent know that. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I think either way, I refute that it's more dangerous to go without shoes. I think it's safer to go without shoes because you've got more acuity on the pedal.
Speaker 4: I do understand that now I know me, you get more feedback, right because it's just your.
Speaker 2: Skin on skin, skin to rubber.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know now, I get what it is, all right, we get it. Patsy, he's one of those. Yeah, once a quick gold thrill at Corbos five. I'm not judging. I'm not just that's where it takes. I go the herbal te option. You want to skin on rubber? Gary?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good morning Christian Gary.
Speaker 4: What what do you do You like driving without shoes? What's to do with you? Mate?
Speaker 11: I'd like to, but it's illegal. As you get caught, you will pay the difference.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 11: You're not alladd thongs. If you've got sandals from the strap around the back, that take cake because your shoes are secured to your feet.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 11: It's just the law. And I've been driving for forty eight years, so the law has been the same for a long time. Although we know how to flout the law. That it's there for your own benefit. You wear footwear.
Speaker 10: I have size fourteen feet.
Speaker 11: I have trouble sometimes post so you've got to be great taful. It is for your own health and safety that you do where footwear, that the security of feet, songs can come off and get stuck under your pebbles, and then where do you go exactly?
Speaker 2: I do hate driving in thongs. They don't feel safe. But Gary, do you say that driving in bare feet is danger?
Speaker 4: Were in flaunting the law?
Speaker 3: Said?
Speaker 2: But is it just one of those laws that they don't really check up on.
Speaker 4: Well, they got a short those we don't really care that much about. Yes, one of those. Yeah, let them go, Let them go, all right, Gary, Uh, we're going somewhere we don't really need to go about various Elaine good on?
Speaker 2: What was that sandal strap?
Speaker 4: Again? Elaine? Sorry Elaine? Driving with or without?
Speaker 3: Shoes without? Always without? And Gary, I hate to tell you this. It may be the law, but not according to the Burley senior sergeant who sat in the car for my driving test something years ago. I learned in bare feet. I went for my life and Tim bearfeet got married. I took my mother's advice on that I didn't get married. The only point I will agree on is that it is foolish and foolhardy to drive in the songs that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is bare feet.
Speaker 4: No, so do you say the local police detective did you drive in test?
Speaker 3: I had a burly singing sergeant sitting in the back while I went for.
Speaker 1: My test, right, gotcha?
Speaker 4: All right, Eline, thank you very much for the detail.
Speaker 7: No dramas.
Speaker 12: Play nice.
Speaker 4: Looking on rubber.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: You still on the show. Our special guest was Shane worn and he's got new documentaries out at the moment. Came out on Tuesday on Amazon Prime. Sorry for me to remember off the top of that. It was called It's called Shane and it's great. It's an hour and a half. It is really really good. Anyway, in the chante on Tuesday, he was I was sending you in the documentary you see his it's awesome kids who aren't in there in the mid twenties. Now they're all on this couch and it looks like they're in some sort of man cave. And I asked, Shane, was that his man cave? And it was? And what you notice are there are all these arcade games. I mean like, I don't mean like one or two. It looked like there were at least ten of them. And I guess right, having this warning talking about his great man cave.
Speaker 13: I've got a man cave. I've got the Old Space Invaders machine, which I think's got one hundred and something different games like a La Glaxicon pac Man.
Speaker 4: Also, I've got one of them. And then I've got Lethal Weapon, Pinball, I've got Ninja Turtles, I've got a poker table, I've got a billiard table and all that it is.
Speaker 14: So we have a bit of fun up here.
Speaker 4: As I said to him on Tuesday, it's like an RS. I mean there's a man cave, and then that is that's that's something else that is extreme. Jack and I don't have a man cave. I mean you kind of had one, and now you've had to be exiled because the baby's coming. That's right.
Speaker 2: I had the guitars on the wall and I was making it my own space. I would close the door behind me and it felt like I was in a man cave. And now it's all shipped out down to the back. I'm centrally in a laundry.
Speaker 4: Now, oh no, that's not a man cave going. I've got a man laundry so I can easy keep any on the Spence cycles and play pac Man.
Speaker 2: Do not enter, unless of course, you have to do a load.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I used to in my old house. Thing I had a man cave came here and I now share this study with my wife, and it's not a man cave if you're sharing the space, and that is I need a man cave here and Warny talk about it. It made me actually jealous because I know there are a lot of people who will be listening to this who have a great man cave. I remember a couple of years go in the UK, the equivalent of foxtail is by the same person. I think the whole world is owned by Old Rupert, isn't it, and called Sky And if you work in the media, you got free foxtail right. The guy coming around to install it, he worked on what was called the VIP team. So I'm chatting to him, going, oh, wow, what job to Whose place have you been to? He goes, well, for the last three days we've been doing this big installation at Robbie Williams place. Yeah, that's what I said. Has he got some huge job place? He goes, Oh, I shouldn't really be telling you this, but he has something that's bigger than a man cave. And what do you mean? He goes, I'm not joking. Actually, he's got signs everywhere you leave his actual main house. You walk across the pathway and it's a key code to get in. There's a giant painted sign that he had commissioned by someone like Banks or somef that says Manland. And he said, it's like a giant mega barn, like a small village. And it's got it's got, it has got. Also, I don't know what is about rich people got too much money. It has got arcade games, pool tables. It had a bowling alley, an entire work in bowling alley as well. But it's called Manland.
Speaker 2: Robbie Williams is essentially Richie rich.
Speaker 4: But it's a bit like that, all right. So this morning, mate Jack and I jealous perhats. He just cussed to where we love God a man cave.
Speaker 8: Oh he sort of shifted himself out to the garage to get out of my hair now and again. But you know what he has got in there is our old recliner chair that.
Speaker 4: In the garage, his facing the wall by the freezer or some of the old pink pots, my extension courses recliner. And that's something quite sad about that. Got to dine.
Speaker 2: It's like what a cat would do.
Speaker 8: It's on my side too, so I've got to park my car out on the drive.
Speaker 5: But he'll occasionally in.
Speaker 4: That old rocking chairs facing a carriage. Well what did he do? Those mac is easy? So he was looking at my period, Chris, Why is this garage locked? It never even had a lot. Don't go in anyway. What I was saying is Jack and jealous if you have a man cave. So there's corns up this morning. If you have a man cave, does your moment boast about it make Jack and I jealous? Toe us all about your man cave?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Jack, what do we think makes up the ideal man cave? You need a fridge with booze in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bar, if you could bar is.
Speaker 4: A bar is the luxury. I think just having your own bar that you and your mates can come round.
Speaker 2: I picture of those American movies where they all have enormous houses and they just push open a door and they've got a full bar, neon lights on the water, sports screens all.
Speaker 4: Around the screens. Yeah, you need a big TV in there, I think as well. I think you need some memory Billia to do with your footy team as well. I think there needs to be some kind of ideally a pool table or a dartboard. Yep. Also the chairs. The chairs have got to be comfortable, right, The chairs have got to be comfortable. I need a couple of chairs, not just one facing a garish wall or that Krista wherever love God has been allowed to have Petea and the like and morning Pete, Morning Christian Pete. What have you got in your main cave?
Speaker 14: I'll bet everything you just mentioned. I've got sakes. I've got a nice little leather cats that we sit on the name the dog. Watched a lot of Tobo from there. We've got pool table, dart board. I've got a beer fridge of course with all my geelong stuff all over, and I've got a lot.
Speaker 4: Of I've just seen a photo of your one, Pete, right, that is a huge fridge.
Speaker 14: Yeah, of course it's a big so probably it's.
Speaker 4: A double stat one, you know, with the freezer on top. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's a shame.
Speaker 4: Is ruined with the old the cats sort of logo in the front of it. That make it worthless.
Speaker 14: Yeah, triple the value mine go back.
Speaker 4: A few years.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's your prize possession in your men.
Speaker 4: Looking mind that he's also got some industrial hoover. What's to do with the industrial hoover under the pool table?
Speaker 14: C things up you're going to.
Speaker 4: It's like one of those ones there in big buildings, like old Henry the hoover that Dexter had one of those.
Speaker 14: Along the along the back wall up the top. You can say that there's a whole about fifteen of the very best estes in all the way fields and that, and that's a great talking point. Blakes come in and we go pick who always are. Yeah, there's Palais up there, and yeah, there's there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of talking points on the wall. Men fish silence, right, don't we There's nothing worse. You go to someone's man cave, the door shuts. You know, Jesus what we're going to talk about. Oh I thank god he's up there.
Speaker 2: If in doubt the point to the wall people gives you a guarded to her zonar butt.
Speaker 4: I don't know much about it. Let's come up quite a few years.
Speaker 14: I like him doing a guard too, because there's football jumpers of Premiership us. That's what we used to do in the days. You want a grand final in Aussie rules. You mount your jumper and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now tell me about this, Pete. Is this attached to the house or is this like a shed in the garden or something.
Speaker 14: No, because I'm in a town, I didn't have a room for a big shed, so I've got a garage that was my garage and the roller doors still there. You think it's still a garage, but you come around the back and the double doors opened up and there it is.
Speaker 4: That what this is like MTV cribs but on radio. This is where the magic happens. Helps Pete. I love it, honestly. It's a great man cave of jealous I think it looks fantastic, mate, it looks a cool place to hang out. All right, Pete, We let you go. Thanks you call matey.
Speaker 14: Yeah, there is a picture of me on there as well, holding twenty five thousand dollars. But I won on deal or no deal.
Speaker 4: Wow wee.
Speaker 14: That's a lot of cash and some of that went to the main cave.
Speaker 4: So five k on that big old hoovers cheap either that photos got it all right, Pete, We thank you very much for giving us a call. Okay, can you do a maybe a shorter, shorter around every square inch. I reckon, if Jack and I do a test, now ten questions, and what is in Pete Wilson's man cave? I reckon, We're good to eight or nine of those.
Speaker 2: Seriously, maybe just tell us the best thing in your man cove.
Speaker 4: Picture or three highlights right, just picture the Christian Connell Show podcast. Tell you what your old black painted house is going to fit in or this whether they are Jack, isn't.
Speaker 2: It it'll be invisible at the moment.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's a bit sketchy out there today coming out. John, next half an hour on the show. Then we were talking the other day about your first cars, and then they got a photo from one of you of your older brother very proudly sat in the nineteen eighties four COURTEENA with a really crumpled front end. Because you're just driven into a cemetery wall, so I thought, John, the next half an hour of the show, we want to know you drove into? What what did you drive into? An old friend of mine works for a very big insurance company and on these multinational ones, and once a year they collect all the strange things that people are put down on their insurance claims forms because you have to put down a lot of detail. And I guess you know if you ever read anyone's descriptions on market at Facebook Marketplace, we used to have a game with this. Sometimes I don't really edit what they've said, and so they'd collect them the weird things that people put down insurance claims, and internally a top ten is sent around that's not meant to obviously be widely distributed anyway. He sent it to me because I'm the other side of the world. This is amazing. These are real life insurance claims from last year. The car in front hit the pedestrian, but he got up, so I hit him again. The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him. These are all real life insurance. Yeah, the accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit. Last week. I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car. Oh, I'm sure it was all right. I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, found that I had in fact fractured my skull. Oh my god, windscreen broken cause unknown, probably voodoo if anything. If you ever needed blame anything. I'm sure it's just blame voodoo. I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car all right coming up next. Then you drove into what.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good Morning Christian. This comes from Jody. Good morning Jody, Christian. My dad Mike smashed his car into the old Mortielic police station all the places he used to be on the main roundabout in the pe in a highway. Somehow he hid it and smashed and brought down the entire brick fence as well. That is unfortunate, awkward, And I was just dropping in, Patsy. Have you driven into anything?
Speaker 8: I hate to admit I did once just tap the love God. We were dating. I was in his tarana and he wanted me to I had to move it at my parents' house, had to move it. Were going out and he was trying to direct me and I sort of just nudged his knee just for a joke.
Speaker 5: But it was.
Speaker 4: Jokes, jacket. How many times have we just nudged a knee caut car. Oh my god. We were laughing, and I nudged his skull because I love skull lolls.
Speaker 8: And it wasn't until he sort of banged on the bonnet that are all okay, I'll just put that in reverse on the gear ship.
Speaker 4: So just so we're clear, hit you reversed into for a joke.
Speaker 5: Well no, well I just no, not for a joke. I just thought, oh, that's a bit close.
Speaker 2: So that's all right.
Speaker 4: Sure, that's what she said, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You had to be there, Christian. It's very funny in the moment.
Speaker 4: It was fun at a different time. It was a different time in the eighties. You know, you could run people over and they would just get up and laugh. All right, let's go to Lifeless Bruce. Good morning.
Speaker 13: How you going team?
Speaker 4: We're good, Bruce. I hope you're well. Fancy call on the show. So what did you drive into?
Speaker 13: Well, it wasn't me, It was my door. I was teaching her to drive, and I know, Christian, you understand what it's how stress it is for teaching to drive.
Speaker 4: So what did she drive? Were you the supervisor?
Speaker 13: I was a supervisor watch I was not responsible for supervising her. She took She took drive through at Macca's very seriously.
Speaker 4: And literally literally what part of me did she hit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, they were in the drive through. She drove into the wall, through the wall, put a great big hole in the side of the wall at Macca's.
Speaker 2: How quick are you going, cartoon.
Speaker 4: Road runner? I mean you meant to just sort of nudge, you know, nudge the car around there for way to get it through a hole. How hungry were you?
Speaker 13: I don't know. She was driving all over the road and then all of a sudden she hit mark three and then straight into the wall.
Speaker 4: Wow. It's a test, I know for any driver. If you go through any drive through, you do see quite a few dings and stuff like that where you know, people like this speaker. Sometimes it's like an angle where someone's obviously walloped it over the weekend, you know, some reved up tray or something. There are a lot there are a lot of dings on those drive throughs. Bruce, Thank you very much. Cool.
Speaker 2: It is an important thing to learn, though. Have you taken your daughter through the drive through yet? Christian?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you remember we had it on the show last year? It was one of the first lessons I took her on. Now I'll tell you what, she's a better driver for it, because you've got to go around that little horseshoe and you got it. It's a tight to get into it. The one we go to in Sint Kilda. It's a tight little you've got to be there. Trust me. You know you don't want to know someone's need there for a laugh. It's a tight thing to get into. She's They should have it as part of their test, you know, honestly, you know, you know you've got to do the parallel parking. But I think it should be the Maca's drive through, the ultimate test for how could you are as a driver? Amanda? What did you drive into good morning?
Speaker 10: In the eighties.
Speaker 15: I was at Duntrue as staff and we drove through the back gate, straight through the storage warehouse for the war Memorial through to Havelin nine used to be three now there's two, and we were stopped by a Russian tank which we managed to didn't boy the old Kingswood.
Speaker 2: I'm having trouble. Piece of all light together, Amanda.
Speaker 4: So what were you want to run from the law? I mean you drove through a fence and then run into a tank. Is this down when Luise you were reconstructing.
Speaker 15: My mate Rowan hadn't long had his license and he was driving a automatic Kingswood and when he came up over the guttha, he went oh shit and put his foot fair on the accelerator instead of the break and he went missed the huge pine trees, went between two huge pine trees, straight through the wall the warehouse, through the have them and nine they were restoring. He's been through in the world. We demolished it for there's now too and the Russian tank.
Speaker 4: That was there. But those big old tanks, they're pretty strong things. They're not going to be demolished by Kingswood.
Speaker 15: Does it have the nine?
Speaker 4: We haven't tested it for the would.
Speaker 15: The tank was still, but the plane wasn't.
Speaker 4: Yes, the old to.
Speaker 10: The poor batter who.
Speaker 15: Was restoring it had put three thousand hours into it, and he stood there and just burst into tears when it saw.
Speaker 4: Tanks, because that didn't happen that Brad Pitt movie fury. They just splinters. Amanda, Thank you very much. You're cool. Do you know what I think it is today affecting the show? This stormy weather. It's playing with the listeners frequency in their heads. I'll ask you again, what have you driven into? Nine four one, O four three? Perhaps you're responsible for those courses, the moment you had you run over your husband for a laugh.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 4: What did you drive into? Let's go to Craig.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Craig, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Here you going, Oh.
Speaker 4: Good buddy, and I hope you're right. So, Craig, what did you drive into?
Speaker 10: We drive into Michael Schumacher's F one Formula car at the Grand Prix.
Speaker 4: It's azing true story. So those cars are worth, like you know, literally hundreds of millions.
Speaker 10: Yes they are, but we're in a golf cart and we're working niceift, can I say in uniform? And we backed up. We thought let's get a let's get a photo of the car bangs.
Speaker 4: We saw a guard in the cars from people like you don't have a look see around. You could be for a rival team or something. A quick look at loosen that bolt.
Speaker 10: Were back into it and I'll tell you now you call it a hit run, but we weren't going to hang around. We were off in that golf car.
Speaker 2: Also, I thought they would park him somewhere safer. Makes it sound like he's just safe.
Speaker 4: Australian Security cards.
Speaker 2: On the show many times.
Speaker 4: Many times we.
Speaker 10: Had a blue uniform and lady said that.
Speaker 4: But I'm up there now, And did you get some good photos of Shoemaker's car.
Speaker 10: We've got a quick photo. But I'll tell you what. We weren't going to hang around. We just we just talk over that golf cart to you know, five kilometers prayer. But we just left it and we don't know whether we did any damage because we weren't going to stick around.
Speaker 4: All right, great, thank you very much, she called me. No, it's Christian, thank you, Karening, good morning. I'm good. And what did you drive into.
Speaker 12: A police car?
Speaker 4: Oh? Is a nightmare? So what happened? Tell us everything?
Speaker 12: Okay, I just got my license. It was back in the day, a hold.
Speaker 16: In Trana Sunbird. It was just six yeliner.
Speaker 12: I was happily going home from work and I didn't stop very well on to a bird and I hit the ployee came in front of me. Anyway, I talked over to the side of the ride. I had a bit of a can I little milkdown as you do when you're young, throw and the consulted me so much I went out within the sixth month.
Speaker 4: This is this is amazing. This is there's so many layers of this. Right. First of all, I've always wondered about women's ability to do this. Be honest with me, like, can I did you start crying on purpose?
Speaker 12: To be honest with you. I was pretty scared because when he got out to carry was about six foot six and I'm fire foot three, and he's just really mad.
Speaker 4: You're just driven into please call the police business. I shunted around.
Speaker 2: What's this guy so grumpy about?
Speaker 4: Jesus? So? How quickly did he go from a you know what? You play that too? What are you doing later? You want to go for a drink and we can forget about it?
Speaker 12: I think because I've got really long legs and I had a really nice ticket at the time. As soon as he put his armor around me, pretty much decorry that he was going to take me out.
Speaker 2: This is a weird traffic stock.
Speaker 4: And the thing about this is he wasn't really a police officer. It's just an old trick to get dates. Just driven into me to the car we're now going together, police officer.
Speaker 12: They didn't have all the technology do now, so absolutely to get out of the tickets with right.
Speaker 4: Top unraveling going on here, it's it's unbelievable. I've got to watch this. Then at the end, so you went out with him for six months? And then who broke up with who?
Speaker 12: Who was a lot older than me, and he he worked old Right.
Speaker 2: After six months you found time served and yeah, it was a relationship all of six months older.
Speaker 12: Now, well, I was eighteen and I kind of wanted to get out with some hot guys instead of some old cop.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear, dear con I thank you very much giving us a call.
Speaker 12: I have a lovely di.
Speaker 4: Gus. Good morning.
Speaker 16: How are you Marte? Alright, what's up?
Speaker 4: He drove into yourself?
Speaker 16: No, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Did you date yourself for six months? After that?
Speaker 4: The breakout was very hard to do.
Speaker 16: Has When I was in the Australian Army, I served with two cab and they've got armored vehicles which are like a tank. And in ninety ninety eight the cats and floods happened and their vehicles went down to support and evacuate people from Cassin through the floods. Wow, and we were down there for about three weeks. I think we were down there helping out got back. I wanted to go to the boozer so bad. I've jumped out of the armored vehicle, left the bloody handbrake off, then Dipstick jumped in front of it, put his hands out trying to stop a bloody tank. It broke me wrist, but I still got to the boozer.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've often been desperate to get to the pub, you know, and you've got a bit of wiggle on, a bit of a pace about you as you're walking down the street. But to leave the handbrake off then think that you you versus the tank. You're lucky only broke your wrist.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, yes, I still have nightmares about it.
Speaker 4: Sorry an end there to that one. Gussie boy, All right, Gus, you.
Speaker 16: Take care now, Gods.
Speaker 4: Today come on now playing nice guys.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian Kyle's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So Jack, what's the latest with you guys getting ready for the baby coming early March? Other than the fact that you're now both sleeping on the couch because you couldn't get the aircon fixed in your bedroom.
Speaker 2: Well, we're we're doing everything we can to not get COVID. As I told you on Tuesday, the yanchor's doctor said, don't get COVID or you can't go to this hospital to give birth. So we're trying to avoid it at all costs. But having said that, we did have my auntie and uncle over yesterday.
Speaker 4: God, that defense is wow. We It's like the Star Wars nuclear defense program, isn't it. My mom, auntie and uncle came round. We're trying not to get it. But two people came.
Speaker 2: Round anytime my auntie comes to Melbourne. They live in and Right, which is about a fifty minute drive. It's like they're flying in from London. The way my mom cames is like, now your auntie is going to be in Melbourne tomorrow. It's well, she only lives. We could get through in forty five minutes if we wanted. But my auntie coming to Melbourne is apparently a big thing. So we had her visit. She visited yesterday and we put out some popcorn on the table for her in this.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, real treat. I'll that big old outload drive some pop content.
Speaker 2: She ate popcorn popcorn is an underrated snack. People think it's just for movies, but it can feed an entirely a family member.
Speaker 5: And about the most dangerous thing if she has got COVID. Everyone putting their hands.
Speaker 4: I mean you began by saying we're doing everything we can, and it turns out you don't know that you can to get it. Also, I mean it literally says we couldn't be asked to make any effort with some snacks. I put this in something for twenty seconds in the microwaves and popcorn.
Speaker 2: Guys, this is not a story about the popcorn. This is a story about the popcorm.
Speaker 4: If I've driven an hour to see some stinking old typewae nephew, right at the airs is a bowld of sweaty popcorn.
Speaker 2: If we make good, we actually make really good popcorn. It's just as good as you get at the movies. The soul and butter ratio is perfect.
Speaker 4: Oh no, wonder they come all the boys in the yard.
Speaker 2: Away my aunt Anyway, my auntie sees the serving dish which we put the popcorn in, and she has a strange look on her face. Now, this is a dish that Bianca got at a bizarre and she loves those kind of old timy markets and trinkets, trinkets, she loves those places. She picked this up before Christmas, the butter dish, sir, Yes, she loves any kind of dish, any kind of plate, saucepin. This is like it looks like a big coffee mug, actually oversized coffee mug. Is a big bowl, and we've been serving salads in it. We served it at Christmas, we served it at New Year's yesterday. My Auntie looked at it and goes, well, that's actually a common dish from when I was a little girl. And it's not a dish, it's what we used for peen in during the night. I said what she said, Yeah, before we had when we only had an outhouse, you would keep that what you've got there pot next to your bed so that during the night you could peet. We've been serving dinner.
Speaker 4: It wasn't your She's not saying that you see my peapot.
Speaker 2: She's saying they're common. She said.
Speaker 4: She was saying that she'd realized that the pot that had actually was our old peopot that would be one of that salt ratio was a bit off.
Speaker 2: Her name was written on the bottom of the pot. She just said, every family when I was a kid, every family had one, and that that's what it is. There's no mistaking that is a pisspot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, chamber pot. But I think this was like, you know, one hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: That's what it is like outhouses, peen in a pot. It sounds like medieval.
Speaker 4: Did you have a peapot? Pats? Yeah, nt pats.
Speaker 2: Pea pot?
Speaker 4: Pa.
Speaker 8: My one of my grandma's deep though, because she leaves out, you know, out on the farm, and she had an outback loo and you get spiders and snakes in the summer out there, so she had work in the loop.
Speaker 5: Absolutely you would.
Speaker 4: At least they were well manner, don't they using a toilet to go do the spider poos in?
Speaker 2: So it's almost now sixty or seventy years at least sent it's been peeing, So I assume it's clean enough to serve salads, popcorn sides.
Speaker 4: Would all of that come on? It's had lots of people's pean out. No, I wouldn't eat out of it.
Speaker 2: What if we run it through the dishwasher twice?
Speaker 4: No, no, not even then? I know what people have been doing into it. No, it's disgusting your poor auntie, Poor Auntie.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connall Show podcast, Patsy.
Speaker 4: But I'm lucky that the kids start to go back to school today and tomorrow. I mean, I don't know it's Thursday or Friday. I mean, but Audi goes back Monday. So I've been making myself very very unpopular for the kid to get this. Then since Saturday, I've decided to try, and I go in their bedrooms at eight o'clock start waking them up. Round they go. And if you've seen like a fifteen year old and a seventeen year old at that time, and they're like, why you do It's not what I mean said. It's not eleven o'clock yet six weeks of the good times when I.
Speaker 7: Go out scho Thursday.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling mom why you're doing it, so that you need to start getting ready now. It's such a basic white dad. I got thrown in my face again because I'm training even yes still on the public holiday. I was waking them up at eight o'clock and they they are filthy. Then then I made them go, and once they were I made them going. I want the school bags open now. I don't know how you can live like this right where you dump a bag in the corner of your bedroom at the last air school, and then six or seven weeks later you open up it had like moldy I presume it's moldy fruit. I mean, then there could be the next COVID variant coming out. Those school bags being opened up this week. It's disgusting. It's like bag zero. Then it's the homework and it's a big year in our house for both the girls, right especially Ruby. Today is get this, guys, right? You remember when you first met Ruby, she was a lot younger than now, four odd years ago. Today is the first day of her last school year. She starts year twelve today.
Speaker 2: Crazy yeah, I remember going to her fourteenth birthday.
Speaker 4: I remember well because for some reason you ordered oysters as a starter. No one else had them. We all looked to each other. I've only just met him a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if it be sticking around on the show on this I had to pick up the tap who is invited to a fourteen girls dinner? And then yeah, why not Tuesday night, I'll have some oysters.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was an odd request at the time. Now, looking back on it, I see that that was a little bit strange, especially because nobody else ordered it.
Speaker 4: So if her eighteenth is in July, right and a big deal? Do you remember the lit to countdown the count up to being eighteen? She can obviously take a driving test, but the big thing, big thing is your eighteenth party. What did you guys do? What did you guys do?
Speaker 2: I had a mum and dad's place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what she wants to do.
Speaker 2: Then they banded parties at our house for evermore.
Speaker 4: See I know what's happening, right, I know. She goes, oh, we just want to have it here. People love people normally have at their eighteenth And then Lois and the young consisted goes, oh, yeah, do you what happened at Peshi's last year there? The parents then got trashed and they're like laughing and going, I don't want to get the place trashed. Do you remember that eighteen? I remember trashing makes place you did not care. I didn't care about trashy and I'm not gonna like it. I stop being trashed. They're going to any of the vinyl I'm gonna have a melt down here, so they said, and we don't want you there when look, we have to be here for safety, and like, well you've gotta stay out the way, stay in the garage. You can stay for eight hours. Well kind of Shenanigan's going onunder the door. She said, Oh, you know, the music's really important, you know, because it gets really awkward if there's like alaala and stuff like that, you know, and they're so self conscious now, you know, about who's having the better party and or something. So I said, look, we could we could just hire a DJ, and then I worked out way that I could be Then keeping on what's going on, I said, what don't IDJ.
Speaker 2: In a costume like daft punk?
Speaker 4: So they don't know that your dad, what's it called? Is that mouse Guy? Dead Mouse Dad?
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: I Reckon Maybe on tomorrows show we get back into eighteenth eighteenth pro you said, Tom just told me about an eighteenth his mate had where his mate had dug out a wrestling pit in the backyard for them to wrestle. He's from New Zealand. What I've never heard of an eighteenth like that? Way, young men are getting their wrestle on. That's a very kind of where are the girls?
Speaker 7: Why is it?
Speaker 4: And it was a toga party? What I mean? I'm now really nervous about Ruby's eighteenth that if actually wants to have it here, find all your shovels. Yeah, she's gonna hire a little commot and digger to herself. All right, let's get in the into today's time waster. All right, this morning's at work time waster. This is an amazing story. An injured swan. It's called several hours of delay for London commuters. Swans are terrifying animals. My mum always used to warm me about the power of swans, how one swing of its wing could break a man's arm in half.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that room much.
Speaker 4: Oh god, yeah, yeah, yeah, very vicious birds. That's why the Queen has them on their own private army. Yeah, tax swans. The swan block to change of the tracks, I'm guessing because obviously the people work there too, front to anywhere near that swamp. We're getting cut straight in half. Took four hours to be rescued from the tracks, This injured swan. So today's time waste. We're looking for your late movies. Make a movie lates, What are yours like, Jackie Boy, Oh, they'll do. That's the spirit. That is the spirit.
Speaker 2: I reckon if you will.
Speaker 4: With another three shows and he's into that'll do all right, Sampang. Let's do them. Then make a movie late. I've got Girl with the unfinished Tattoo, Silver, Space Traffic, Jam Ye Gold. Oh, it's bumping and bump in the old Galaxy Today, Boss Car Trouble and Little China. Sorry, I'm late, Kurt Russell Gold Batman begins getting out of bed. Commission of Gordon needed you an hour ago, Batman, Bronze dude, first dude of the year. Get ready, dude, where's my keys? What about the cars? Keys? Can I start that car?
Speaker 13: And the.
Speaker 4: The outlaw Dozy Whales. You're supposed to be at midday for the high noon showdown? Where were you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's snooze.
Speaker 2: Gold for the performance? I felt like I was in the wild West?
Speaker 4: Is clear Eastwood?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 4: Where's Christian God? Jack? What if you've got for your mate? Do make a movie? Late?
Speaker 2: Late movies slack to the future. Oh, they're never going to make it to nineteen fifty five with that attitude.
Speaker 4: Gold downgraded the bronze for the performance.
Speaker 2: Oh this is this is what happens when you're later school. You'll get a sure shanked attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's good, that's gold. That's good.
Speaker 2: This is where it starts to struggle to be honest. Okay, we loved La La Land, but we won't put up with late Late Land.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a sort of client doing a live read. That delivery is shocking.
Speaker 2: Let me rescue it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, end on something better than that. Come on, you're better than this.
Speaker 2: Oh, these guys are always late. They're the teenage ninja mutant doodles. I'm giving it gold, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Dordles. What a lovely old timy words or to doord along. I love that all right, So make a movie late. That's the time wastedday. What have you got text? Yours too? He said, I've forgotten. I've gotten the text number more oh four three eight?
Speaker 13: No, this is that.
Speaker 4: That's why I giving up my mobile one O four three You got it, baby, that'll do.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: By Today's time Wasters. We're asking you to make a movie late Jack. Are you ready to mark lunch at Tiffany's.
Speaker 2: That was a big sleep in Gold.
Speaker 4: That's from Jay. Well done walking, Miss Daisy.
Speaker 2: That will take longer. Silver.
Speaker 4: Caddy Slack said of Caddy Shack, Silver, Delady and the tramp Delayedy Gold. I love that. That's great. A drawbridge over the river KOI lot slow them along without that bridge that the trains can get over. Silver plus lazy rich Asians Gold. Who's that from Libby? That is that's worthy of a Gold plus that's very smart. Slept in in Seattle Silver plus tough like Aiden, the matrix still loading at the old buffering speed.
Speaker 2: Gold plus well, very.
Speaker 4: Smart a mark one walked around the Cuckoo's next Bronze snakes have delayed the plane. I kind of like it though, Greg dropping off Miss Daisy. You can walk the rest from here. Silver, lare room with a queue plody, great cue to get into that room with a view. Gold very good Andy Tuesday night at Bernie's.
Speaker 13: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Bronze men who stare at traffic Bronze, God, isn't that I missed it? Gold, that's really smart. The pursuits of tardiness Silver Pussy, the Late Gatsby Silver and point t break silver Puss.
Speaker 1: All right, you're listening to the Christian o'crls show podcast.
Speaker 4: I liked journal wedding disc Go sure, I believe How are you Aunties? That's on the floor.
Speaker 2: This can be your first number at Ruby's eighteen.
Speaker 4: Whoa having a good time. We're going to slow things down now, Lady in red cash Man's coming up in half an hour. All right, let's talk about tomorrow's show. Today we start to get into this earlier. Yeah, big year, there'd be a lot of mums and dads getting ready for their I was about to say kids, they're they're not kids anymore. My daughter on a wedy to school right now in the school in the car with my wife. She's starting year twelve, huge years. She turns obviously eighteen this year and yesterday, getting excited about the prom in ten months time, in July or eighteenth, and she wants to have it at home. We know what happens when you have an eighteenth house. Whoever's house is. It's the law, isn't it I think is actually teenage law. It gets trashed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you can try your best to keep it all outside, but they will make it indoors.
Speaker 4: So tomorrow we want to get into what happened at the eighteenth. I also be curious to speak to anyone and whether it is just our producer Tom who an eighteenth he went to when he was eighteen in New Zealand. His mate had dug out a wrestling pit in the back yard for all the boys to wrestle. Don't know if we get any other ones on that jack.
Speaker 2: To you it might be a popular tradition in New Zealand that we don't know about.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we don't to hear about all about your eighteenth. Also on tomorrow's show, we Friday we'll be getting back in for the first time this year to knock off Friday and we were talking about mum warnings as well. What did your mum always warn you about? That is tomorrow's show today. If you want to get in that early love getting your emails in earlytle a party, you can email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. Thank you very much, listen to the show today and all the crazy call stay safe from the storm and the thunder. We are back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: Take care. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast