Speaker 1: Hey, legends, welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Plenty happening this week. We've got retro round. We're gonna rate some jerseys whether they're good, bad, or who really cares? And then we've got the big game of the week, Eston versus West Coast Yes you heard that, correct Esden versus West Coast and a few injuries for the Magpies out there. So there's gonna be a bit in this one. So settle in. Let's get into it. Okay, let's get into it without further ado. Welcome, Bright, get a Mason.
Speaker 2: I just want to get into this VFL because you got a little I don't know if you've noticed, but your eyes got a little shina going on there.
Speaker 1: There's four stitches in there. You're gonna just open it right up.
Speaker 3: Chicks love the stitches, Mason.
Speaker 1: You know, I've actually got two block costcos right on, I've got the duel. I had to match up the other one this week, so yeah, I've got the four stitches. So a bit of a different look this week.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: I reckon, it looks good on you. You've got to dim that thing back into shape, Mace. Now what's your claim this week because I saw you at the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Yes, the World Cup. So my girls, the USA women's national team was playing Sweeten this weekend, right, and I was like, oh, man, seven o'clock game hyped up. You know, USA is one of the touted winners, so surely we couldn't lose this thing, right, zero zero the whole way through, and I'm going, oh, I'm a bit stressed here, going to overtime, then double overtime, and then piloty shootout and I was like, there's one thing you can beat someone at. Its piloty Shootout's essentially crapshoot. And I'm in a full gear, I'm in a cowboy hat, mullet, you know, pit vipers. The USA jumper, like, I don't think you would have recognized me bar the tallness and essentially full confidence rolling into this joint and left there with my head held very low. It was not good. We ended up losing in penloties, almost like it was a fingernail difference of fingernail down.
Speaker 3: It was like a millionaires.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was ridiculous, and even live, everyone was so confused and it was just chaos. And I was sitting next to the crazy Swedes or like the cheer group at behind the goal, and it was just it was such a good vid.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're so polite though.
Speaker 1: They were so nice. One guy came up to me goes, gosh, you know they don't say there's there's winners and losers in sport, but the real winner today you know it's soccer.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 1: Bro said, this is a million pilody shoot out. And I'm like, can you fuck off? You'd say that.
Speaker 3: If you won, you like lost, you like fuck sucker.
Speaker 1: Winter soccer today, I was like, can you just get out of my head? Oh man? I think it was wearing one of the Viking helmets too. It's just brought it all up together. Buff guy asked this question because I was wearing this ridiculous outfit. Let's say you're a supporter of whatever sport it is, and you go watch your team play. If your team loses after that, like and you're wearing in a ridiculous outfit, do you just rock that out knowing you're just gonna get trolled out the door, or do you just kind of take it off, you know, tucking in, maybe take the jumper off, just act like a normal human walking out and was like, no, hold on, I think I was told dick walking in this jot.
Speaker 3: Strutting in number one seed.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Yeah, I think you got to. You just got to get with another group of losers. If you can just be all losers together, losers in numbers, pit vipers, they look good. I reckon. Another little subclanger was the broadcast. It's like, show some replays of this thing, like one of the biggest penalty moments ever, and they don't show the var in the stadium, and then.
Speaker 1: Everyone was lost. Everyone stems like what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like commentators are looking at the referee and she just starts waving her arms. It's like, does that mean no gold? Does that mean games over? Does that mean like goals?
Speaker 1: What happened actually is she got hit in the head with a football. We don't know. I didn't see the Kacush protocol for the umpires. I don't know if they are doctors over their FIFA, but sort that out.
Speaker 2: She got hit flushed, and I was like because I didn't see her get hit, and she just kept rubbing her get a tissue, And then they showed the replayers she almost got dnted in.
Speaker 3: But a few times in the game, but they just trust the ship out of that technology because that was it was a millimeter in it that off.
Speaker 1: Sides and everything else. It's all var stuff.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It's I feel bad able to figure out the whole thing with the post by now, but soccer's cut it's sort of same.
Speaker 2: Well, at least they got var because yeah, it would have just been BT going boy oh.
Speaker 3: Boy, woo boy oh boy. I'm going to go to the Jake Paul Nate Diaz fight, and I feel like, you know, Jake Paul was really lifting his weight and kind of carrying the promotion for these two guys because with more character.
Speaker 2: I love Nate Diaz. I'm a big UFC fan, more MMA than boxing. But you know, I feel like Jake Paul is doing a lot for all of these sports and the attention that he brings to it. But he rolls into the fight sitting on a tank. You know how much effort has probably got to be to organize a tank to like, how do you get that in it's crowd control. It's imagine the O H and s on getting the tank rolling down the street, and then you've got to sit on top of it and people will be freaking out thinking they're going to World War three. So he comes in on the tank. Then they cut to Nate Diaz, So what's he organized? He's probably organized. He walks in just wearing a hoodie on his phone, just word just couldn't give a ship something shit about the whole thing. He literally he's like, I'll fight anyone. Just give me money and I'll just rock up and just punch heads. And it's just like, yeah, I don't even think he's that good anymore, Sorry to all the Nate Diaz fans out there, but his head can still take a good punch. Like he just was like, oh, yeah, he's going the distance no matter what. He Yeah, and he just got his head punched in NonStop. But yeah, he just keeps taking the checks. And now he wants to go back to the UFC and Jake Paul wants to face him in m M A, which that's a different ball I think he's gone there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a it's a completely different ball game.
Speaker 2: But one thing, Jake Paul used to be a wrestler in college, like a good wrestler in college, So it's like it's not just like get the takedown and win. So if if he can kind of stay off his back because I reckon ate thes just submits him. But you know, that'll be an interesting one. But it'll be interesting to see if they can.
Speaker 3: Get this money.
Speaker 2: Jake Paul's taking it to the UFC. He's got a little feud with Dana White going on, and he's a rep for the PFL, which is like they love dish now money. They have like a fight night where they give all the champions a million.
Speaker 3: Dollars a pulp. Wow, footy, it looks like you've been playing mm does.
Speaker 1: Look worse than they do. All right, we'll get into the games this week. First one off the rank Bulldogs versus Richmond Bulldogs have a big win.
Speaker 3: W cheez. You thought you know. Both teams a lot on the line. Bulldogs a bit of flaky up and down.
Speaker 2: Lost the one to GWS last week in bal Araut and needed a win and they just came out and convincing fashion and it was over pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Like it was I think it was like the first quarter. It was like fifty one to seven.
Speaker 1: He kicked nine to two in the first quarter. Find goals to the Richard's here, so it's a hot start, you could say.
Speaker 3: Which is really deflating Jamara, he.
Speaker 1: Kicked it back. He kicked four in the first and he gets five.
Speaker 2: Overall, every time you kick five you get a celebration, a little sound effect that we make, Jamara hugil Haagen. There's not many things that you can play around with that.
Speaker 1: No, no, I all have to think about well, think about it, but put in the comments, please do. That was something I want to take out of this because there's a man named Caleb Daniel who was on the other end of the spectrum as far as height in the AFL right, and there was a moment in this game early on I will say where he had gone for the ball got kicked into him. Obviously a huge target inside fifty. And ironically, the person he's playing on is called Short. It's not a big bloke anither Daniel. The short man that Daniel is takes a contested mark on Short and ends up kicking the goal. I just want to give a massive shout out because Caleb Daniel taking contested mark or two things. I don't think one and one together. I mean it's him in the contested possession game, you know, in and under and all that stuff, but taking contested clocks inside forward fifty calp Daniel who we can do it all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and didn't he lend that like the bump on Sean Darcy earlier in the year.
Speaker 1: He did knock him down.
Speaker 3: He plays bigger than he is, bigger than.
Speaker 1: He'll leverage a leverage you know at the waist.
Speaker 2: He's got the helmet and gives him the confidence to go out there and just smash it around. Now, Bond, we're talking about a freak, and we're talking about the brown Low metal race heating up there because jeez, the body is coming home strong and obviously Nick's gonna miss a little bit of footing. But then but the Bond had I think it was thirty one kick three. It's like, mate, tag went forward kick three?
Speaker 3: How do you do it? Like, how do you is it? You just look at some of these guys that rip it up.
Speaker 2: We'll get to Toby's game for GWS later on too. There's just like some blokes.
Speaker 1: You can try to tag him and they're still going to get a decent game. That's like if you tag him, it's like, okay, you lose a man. But they still have a good game rather than a great game maybe, so you still lose a person. But like Bond, he's going to be unsoftable. You can put him in the back line shit, I mean defender.
Speaker 2: He'll probably go down as one of the best, if not the best Bulldogs player of all time. Crazy the amount of like, best and fairest that he's got, he just racks him up there at the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: It's one of the nicest Scars' med too. He is. He's seriously such a classic human Now.
Speaker 2: I think another little talking point is Jack Reell. Now, people love retiring these blokes once they hit thirty. He's a grim reapist sneaking up on them. And except for you, you got two year contract. Now, I don't know if it's really fair. He seems to be still out there competing, kicking goals. And when you get to that stage in your career, you're like, Okay, they've got Tom Lynch and he'll be the big number one key guy and I'll just roam around cherry picking little little bags of goals. Poor bloke just has to do it one out all year. Because Tom Lynch goes down, I reckon give him another year's leadership.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's leadership.
Speaker 2: Surely that's invaluable to a team that's, you know, trying to rise up for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it's back off him.
Speaker 1: Maybe what you do is you have him as a coach and then mid season draft him if you need him.
Speaker 3: That's a good call.
Speaker 1: There you go. So then he can train with the boys all year, still be a coach to him and then if you know, al a few of the boys get injured early on, whoever it is, and go Jack Wenida, that's a very good season draft here we are.
Speaker 3: Team's got to start doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Just say, well, there's other people that were not playing, and we got Dusty obviously catch from soreness, and then Dylan Grimes also ruled out. So they did have quite a few guys that were out that week or this week. But they also played the two tolls Soldo and Nank, which have had usually a really good track record, but unfortunately last this week they did dominate headouts, but they couldn't convert.
Speaker 3: Now you talk about someone that wasn't playing mass there was an incident.
Speaker 1: During the game, Oh, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well, Pikett was touched by a fan in the crowd kind of tapped on the back.
Speaker 3: He took a bit of issue to it, which is fair enough.
Speaker 2: This happens, but it normally happens for more positive stuff. It's like, oh, that's my player and you tap them on the back, go get them, you know, the positive stuff.
Speaker 3: How did you see kind of these incident?
Speaker 1: The fans can't touch players, right, Like, that's straight line. Can't do that, no matter if you're the opposition or you're you know, the fan of the current team that you're talking to, whatever it is, there is a boundary that needs to be placed in the ifl I'm sure we'll sanction this guy somehow. But piket, Yeah, it gets slapped on the shoulder a few times from the Bulldogs player and he turns right and actually slaps the guy's drink out of his hand spills it. So but yeah, I mean we've talked about on this podcast. Right, if someone storms the field, you cross that white line home black, you couldn't get nailed. You're gonna get taken out, Which is weird because actually this is so back to this US that game. I was looking at the edge of the boundary and it said maximum penalty of eight thousand dollars for running on the field, and I thought eight thousand dollars is, Look, it's a lot of money, don't get me wrong, But like I feel like if you made a viral video, you could definitely make eight thousand dollars back pretty easily. You know. I was kind of like, oh, I mean, like no jail time. No, No, it's just like eight grand.
Speaker 2: Eight thousand dollars hardly pays for the beer that he knocked out of.
Speaker 3: The blood hand.
Speaker 1: There was one of those things that you can't do it, like as a fan. I'm sure he probably maybe had one too many beers whatever it is, And I don't know, for some reason, thought like putting a hand over and tapping him on the shoulder was appropriate. I don't know, And I hope that the people around him realize that and pull them back into place. But yeah, I mean, the thing is someone grabs someone hits like he's tapping the shoulder, turns into someone hitting someone, turns into what it is. You know. It's it's a weird thing where I look at now, like having to play VF over the weekend and people coming in at quarter time and halftime on the field and all that kind of stuff. And I remember my first game, I thought that was really weird. I was like, there needs to be some kind of boundary, like people just can't come up and just you know, someone can come up with the other fucking knife, like you know, if you're going, well whatever it is. So it's become more and more professional. I think at this point, you know, like sport and fan interaction, they're trying to really make that as close as possible. Like you look at you know, court side seats at basketball games and stuff like that, they're right there and in the IFL just needs to make sure that there's definitely a line in the sand whenever it comes to that interaction.
Speaker 2: It's just sad because you don't want to take away the positive interactions because of one negative interaction, you know, like and what you say with the VFL is very true, Like I always think that, and you're kind of just trusting people not to and it only takes one bad apple or one bad incident for it to all change. So you know, I'd hate to see something change, especially the positive parts of it, because.
Speaker 3: One negative happened.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think it's going to have to be annoyingly this gray area who.
Speaker 1: The weekend, it was like every quarter time like I was getting asked to like sign footballs and take photos, and I'm like, I'm in the middle of the game. How to make that more clear? By the situation we're both in.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when you're going back to your position and stuff, and it's like, oh, here, hold my kid, I.
Speaker 1: Take a photo. What we'll get into the next round. We've got Essen versus West Coast. This is a thriller. I was watching this before a game and I was blown away that Essen almost got hipped by the West Coast deals but in I think what happened. The Eagles are going, whohoa, no one drafting health breaks. That's a joke.
Speaker 3: He's doing that for comedic purpose.
Speaker 1: Now they're actually really good. Eagles were really good on the day and they almost had it. They almost got it at the very end and Langford had a little over the top goal and then ask Growland question marks around but he was blocked. But as we know, I'm pires swallow whistle whenever comes to the last minute, so nothing was called.
Speaker 2: And McGovern back bit of leadership, down, back steady of the ship. Yeah, it's a bit of heartbreaking for West Coast. I think Simmo has been you know, a bit emotional up in the box of late, so it's good to see that. You know, people that question him and like he's amount of care for this team, it's like you see things like that and it's just like, you know, get off him. He's trying a rough year. Yeah, he's done the best of all he's had. Yeah, exactly. So it's a real hard one to judge Essendon. Oh my goodness getting out of jail, especially a home game. Like you know, any Western based team on their day can beat anyone over in Perth, but to have it here. But yeah, I think one out of this that needs a little shining light is that Carl Langford. The Ford.
Speaker 3: The Ford.
Speaker 1: It's a bagger.
Speaker 2: He's got to be one of, if not the most underrated forward in the competition. He had forty goals going into this game, kicked another bag of five forty five for the year so far, and no one talks about it like it's so harsh. We got you bro around around him, you know, make a bit of noise for him. But yeah, it was. It was a crazy good game. I think the stat was like West Coast kicks seven of the last nine or something crazy. So it's like they they came home super strong and it was just unlucky that they got pipped in the end.
Speaker 3: There was a moment and being the resident ruckman of this podcast, Yes, I mean I used to be pretty good back in one of the or something like, I played one season for the Tatura Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: Wow, trure, shout out.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they'll be listening.
Speaker 2: Whoever was my teammates. I didn't learn any of their names. I was only there for a minute. Yeah, there was a late in the game there was a rock contest. It was just a ball up in the middle of the ground and it was the rucks were kind of standing off a bit off the contest and the umpire kind of lobbed the ball instead of directly up like you meant to towards them, and they kind of came in a little bit and then it went over their head about two meters, went to Essen and midfielder handballed it through the contest, bombed it long kicked the goal as a result pretty castly in the end.
Speaker 1: Now, you asking me for rulings of the AFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you.
Speaker 2: I get that he's trying to lob it more towards them, but they're probably thinking I'm going to run into the contest.
Speaker 1: So so the whole thing is like, so umpire is remember as a ruckman, when you seen an umpire, right, you can be the guy ten meters of because someone wants to try to jump into you. Usually you don't lie him before you run and jump at it right, So you kind of like try to half the distance or something, and you expect the umpire to throat above his head straight up. Umpire. Ball up, not a ball forward, not a ball side, not a ball behind, ball up. So you expecting to throw it up. But for some reason as of recently, they've kind of thought it better to throw it towards where the like the ruckmen are standing. But a lot of times you kind of, you know, manipulate positioning is to get better position or front position or back position, depending on where the umpire standing. But if he throws it to a direction, then that doesn't fucking matter. Yeah, it's literally just ball wherever it goes. So it's this interesting thing that happened over the weekend. It was a costly kind of situation. I guess in the game that didn't go well for one of the teams. But yeah, it's just it's an interesting one because I feel like every once in a while you do kind of see it and you want to it is a mistaken Obviously, not every catapult you know, throw in is the same distance. Imperfect, but fine. Yeah, it's not a fine r and every bounce doesn't go straight up, as we all know. But I feel like it's something that is very easy to do to throw it straight up, yeah, to throw it yeah, I mean like that's if all the things the umpire has to do, I feel like that's the you know, that's the simplest. So I don't know if it's been told by them to start doing that by the IFL and what's happened, but singing over the weekend what was a bit livid.
Speaker 3: Well, now it's a talking point and now that was shopping up.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, M sure the IFLS will go well. Esston's got a run home with g WS North and Collingwood say, GWS Away is going to be very hard one for them because GWS obviously still in the hunt for the eights, so it's gonna be a bit of a rough trot, and they've got us at the very end of the year, which is gonna be a thriller.
Speaker 3: It's it's gonna be set out surely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Eagles have now only won for the last forty five games in Melbourne. A well, fun fact for you.
Speaker 3: That's rough. That's you guys are one of them.
Speaker 1: We were one of them as you mentioned it, Marvel. Yes, thanks for reminding us. Now Adelaide versus the Suns over in Adelaide. The Suns needed this one to still make it into the top eight, and unfortunately the Sun has sat braidon. My boys are out. They're not gonna make it. I needed to fill in with someone else. I had full faith in them all year long. I was hyped up on the Sun train. I was too chewing all the way down to the station. Well, we passed the station. Unfortunately we didn't stop at the final eight.
Speaker 2: You and Jewey Joe are gonna have to catch up for a beer, just mourn your loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, maybe learn how to play cricket while we're out of who.
Speaker 2: Knows now it was you know, it was one of those ones where it was like they tried, they really tried. They were sticking in there. Luckily for them, Text only kicked two because that always.
Speaker 1: Helped Charlie also, which we will get into here, so.
Speaker 2: It shakes up the Coleman race. But you know, Adelaide pretty much did what you expected and what they needed to do because they are still in the finals, and they.
Speaker 1: Came out hot. I only kicked five two to zero three in the first quarter, so it was just a bit of a catch up game for the Suns and they were I mean, at one point there were ten points away, so it wasn't like it was an absolute blowout the whole game. But I love this the O'Brien versus Wits Rockman battle for ground, love the big love the bigs. And it was a forty one to thirty nine hitouts. It was a very contested game between the two of them, and I just they're two bulky big boys. You know, you just love whenever they face each other because you know it's just going to be Rockman, just versus Rockman, and what you want to see as a big fella.
Speaker 3: Could we ever get two plumbers in the one game? Is that unheard of? I had to be pissing down Rain just a million stoppages, a million stoppages and vfl so.
Speaker 1: Text though, like you said, he kicked only two goals and Charlie will get into how many he kicked on the weekend because if Charlie kicks a bag, it's pretty much done and dusted. But we'll get to that later on. And the Sons, Yeah, unfortunately they lost, but adelaide Phil Thorpe was injured and Will Powell also injured for the Suns. Now, sorry for Phil, I always want to say Thorpe. I don't know why I want thrill. Phil Thorpe was injured.
Speaker 3: That was way better now that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 3: Tell us about your boy James Bullace.
Speaker 1: Yes, James Boyce hey debuted this weekend. You best believe eighteen touches, seven contested, eight intercept possessions, nine marks and four tackles. You don't want to know why this guy is an absolutely gun because his dad Daryl played for two hundred and forty six games won for premierships. Poor alay back to sample his mama Jinny. She was part of the Australian team and net bol as. He's got blood in him, He's got that athlete blood in him. You know, he's a gun's one hundred ninety six two centimeters rolling around. I don't know how Adelaide missed out on this fellow. Wait, no, hold on. I think he was part of a little program where they can somehow pull in people from I like that, the area, wherever it is. And then this kind of made me thought, though, right, if your parents are athletes, are you just naturally born to be an athlete? Because I looked at the soccer on the weekend. I'm going back to this. Dennis Rodman's daughter was playing for the US and women's team, and I just thought, my min, I said, you know what, maybe it's just you're just a freak athlete. You've got it in your genetics, you got the blood. Just choose a sport and run with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think you'd have like the the ability. It's just whether you've got the application.
Speaker 3: Whether you want to.
Speaker 1: They actually want to do it.
Speaker 3: Have you seen him? Jeez bucks, his kids would turn it like they're genetic free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they play for it.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing, it's like, whether they want to. All these poor kids getting Crowbart into footy. Your father son, one.
Speaker 1: Of them's doing racing actually, but James, shout out to you, James, well done on the debut. We love a debutante, absolutely love him. I did mention this Will Powell injured and stretched off after coming down. It's like that's a big out for the science and one of them that I think felt like maybe that was the thing that goes this year has done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, prayers up to him.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's one of those ones that you get it sorted in the off season, rest, recover and come back.
Speaker 1: Fresh and if you've been tanged up and bowling my brother Now Geelong versus Port.
Speaker 3: This is a crack. Actually, you could have almost given this game in the round a bit more on it.
Speaker 1: There's a bit on this one because Port obviously now top four, they've lost three in a row. They've lost three in a round and there's a bit of hoestly panic stations. But like people are kind of after winning thirteen straight and then losing four and all people, what's changing, what's going on?
Speaker 2: It's a lot on both of these days because jeez, they were I feel bad for Port because they were right in and up to their eyeballs. Ollie Wyan said after the game, No excuses. We just got to be better. It's like cheapers like Geelong, and Geelong is no you know, easy game. So I thought they did very well and you know they're like lost their last four, but they've been insanely competitive. Dropped one to Collingwood and now this game like they're honorable losses. But we all know that footballers don't seem to like honorable losses. Doesn't count for much. Don't get four point, give him half a point, Come on, give him half a point.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a big star Olie Henry or cat Poss. He kicked four in the first few minutes, sorry by the first few minutes of the second quarter, so he was on fire early making the most of hots being out at the moment. So it's good to see the young fellow stepping up. And also Willy Reoli kicked four. Big fan of Willy Reoldy Jr. Kicking fore almost getting the bag on the day and kept him in the in the game for most of it. So yeah, it was. It was a great contested game back and forth. But I will say one thing about Port They had six changes in this game. Obviously we know the Jones in a literal lear situation with one you wouldn't believe it. They had the rest ye resting their face. Miles German fan lisn both went out early with illness and then Trent McKinsey goes down with knee injury in the first ten minutes, so they were held back essentially with some of the changes in the outs. And then also as you mentioned, a little bit of a head knock problems, right, we had Todd Marshall, you know, he went out for a mark and I think, landing on the back, flipped his head at the ground and you wouldn't believe it. The doctors came out said Todd, come with us. We're gonna take it to a secret space underneath the gm HbA stadium. We're gonna assess you for this little thing we call concussion.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: They've learned their list and all done. Well done, although he did come out playing kick two goals after that, so who knows. We'll see if he comes up with the headache in a week. Yeah, anyway, but.
Speaker 3: Have you done the concussion protocols before?
Speaker 1: I've done the tests and stuff, and then yeah, do the pretest, but have you had to do a test in a game not recently. I think you have to do like the off a bit backwards and a few other things, and then the months of the year. But the problem is, I'm obvious to the world of the week.
Speaker 2: The boys will be struggling if it was any you know, math questions.
Speaker 1: Some injuries though Jack Henry was substituted out because of a foot injury. I think it's the opposite foot to the problem he had last time with it. So I hate injuries this time of the year be frustrating. But Jelong came home kicked four of the last five goals. I'm going to get a shout out in an apology. At the same time, Brandon Radically, uh, I was, I was on your bandwagon very early.
Speaker 2: You got on early, and then I feel like you got embarrassed because because there was a bad performance. So they jumped up before quicker than anyone ever jumped off a person.
Speaker 1: They did a little bit of time of VFL. But then he was back this weekend, dominating their like I knew the big man would. And I'm back on the train. Back on the train too too.
Speaker 2: Radically, Yeah, sometimes you just gotta do a little stint back in the VFL.
Speaker 3: MAS and it all comes back.
Speaker 1: I get it, pray and I understand. I'm living it right now. Okay, shut up. Anyway, So poor have lost four in a row after thirteen straight wins and they played Gows at home next week.
Speaker 2: So is this There's a few of these that can be rounded up into the same question.
Speaker 3: Is it you.
Speaker 2: Know a week or two ago it was an anomaly, It was like this one off. They just dropped this game or whatever. Now it's four in a row. Is it a trend?
Speaker 1: Or is it I'm gonna go now. They had six changes to people they needed and they they didn't have their full team, and they still kept up with with Geelong at home. So I think that was quite an important fight. If they would have just fallen over and just rolled over, there'd be a lot more questions. But the fact their fighting with sick outs as yeah, I still go give credit to him. I think they're still one of the top teams and going to go really well this year. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully GWS is probably a bit better on the road at the moment, so maybe keep her on the road because GWS v Sydney Battle of the Bridge of the Unfortunately, my boys the Giants came up short against Bigger Brother.
Speaker 3: It was just a blip.
Speaker 2: This is the anomally that I'm talking about. This is the anomally that we're going to carry this. So obviously no buddy out with his calf retired pretty long out, but you know his understudies stood up in big Hatos MacLean and the Amadi Party.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. I want him to kick five because we've got to have something special for them party.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have freacking like cannons and stuff going off and confetti cannon. It's going to be great.
Speaker 2: It doesn't this help when you go in twenty three times inside fifty and you kick eleven in the first half, you know that's pretty damn efficient.
Speaker 1: It's pretty efficient.
Speaker 3: I would say, like going in and kicking a go fifty of the time.
Speaker 1: That is insane. Just be bumming in you would hum saying they were. They were smashing it in the first one, very like you said, very very efficient. But joy as you only credit to him. They came back in the second second half and unfortunately couldn't prevail. But it was a bit of an arm wrestle back and forth. And the Swans are four in a row and hosting Sons next week. But we got to talk about this. There was a couple of goals during the game. Oh freak goals. We had Arabell Golden and Isaac Heney goals and the second we were like just forty meters out check side full pace. Just absurd shit, like I don't even know. And it's just the confidence and the audacity to do this by Golden just as I love it, absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: He's had a crazy year.
Speaker 2: He's insane, and he started racking up like numbers earlier in the year and then it was like, oh yeah, like you know, some of these wingers, it's like you can get off the chain every now and then. But now he's just every week he's having thirty Kicking two or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's like ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So well, he had thirty two disposals this weekend kick two and he also essentially had man in the match of Brett Kirk medal.
Speaker 2: Now, I asked you a pre podcast if you ever saw Fred Kirk play.
Speaker 1: I have seen him before, but for different reasons.
Speaker 2: You saw him on the Channel seven. You thought he was a Channel seven guy.
Speaker 1: He thought he was, so he probably got sacked after the most infamous meme we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: He was my idol growing up, not the big, flashy, you know player. He was just a run with, grinding out tagger.
Speaker 1: Say, he's a pump up guy.
Speaker 3: Pump up.
Speaker 2: He's a very spiritual guy. And that's really that's the origin. That's why they're like, you're you're a captain full of like a spiritual leader. Get out there and motivate all of Australia with the greatest pump up speech of all time. But we'll probably script it for you so it looks nice and weird. Let's jump into this one one of our favorite teams, North Melbourne versus Regular Melbourne, No Central Melbourne, and it was a bit of a you know, I can't imagine the Melbourne supporters, they probab we would have dropped their crackers and queen's pace because North came out the gates strong, had him up thirty five to nine, caught a time break. What the hell's going on?
Speaker 1: North was like, Hey, you know, we've been talking about this tazzy thing ever since then. We've been putting up battles eight. We're home, We're the home game. We're down in the whole Bart gets cold as shit.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's where you just drag him down.
Speaker 1: And also Cloco four hundredth game as coach, so they've got him back of the helm. So it was his first game back to the first quarter, a bit hiked up, big big coaches back, we're on, here, we are on. And who was it out of all these people Breton, who would you think would kick three goals against Melbourne?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, Eddie Ford of course, which we all like Eddie Ford because he was the one talking smack to James Cicily earlier in the year and everyone, you know, do something before you talk something.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 2: He's bringing some excitement to the game and I'm sure that his teammates absolutely love it. But I don't think that was the man that you've been talking about.
Speaker 3: Mace. Who's who kicked three goals?
Speaker 1: Who kicked three goals? Not Ford kick three goals?
Speaker 3: And you're talking about picket my boy, picket off.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just like a garret. That's a rhetorical question. He gave you the picket, My bad, My bad, my bad. I I was looking at the statue wrong. Now, picket my boy, he's kicking from all over. He's making Zebe look ridiculous, just absolutely branket ankles from the corner and then kicking snaps. I mean, this man's atoppable. Is he the best full forward sorry small forward in the league of course, yes, rhetorical question again, the picket is it. There's no one else, there's picket, and then there's nothing.
Speaker 2: There's Collingwood small forwards, but they're just out the side of them.
Speaker 1: They're very no, they're yeah, sorry Collingwood small forwards also. But I love everyone knows this. I love Picket to the hills and back. He is the man, the myth and a legend, and he was absolutely dominated by the way nd kick three and kicked if he snaps, kicked one on the boundary from like forty just you know, just any any chance he gets at goals, you're just going, it's probably gonna go through. I don't care what angle, I don't care how he's kicking it. The thanks probably going through the goals.
Speaker 2: And Jack's Abel obviously retiring at the end of the year. And it's moments like that where.
Speaker 3: You're like, well might call that early not missing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a moment because obviously last week, Harry Petty, Big Harrison Petty were free falland and whatever song you love singing trying to.
Speaker 1: See don't remember it was very bad.
Speaker 2: Well back then, back down, well he was, you know, the Lord and savior. Last week he came, he returned to the from the heavens to save Melbourne's forward line. And uh, one week later, how quick everything turns. He went down in the third and now he needs to look at another replacement for the replacement. So the shit has been happening at a rapid pace to finish this because you know, four or five weeks ago it was a two horse race and there may as well not be any other team in the competition. And now we're looking at it and it's just chaos.
Speaker 1: It's very interesting what's going on. Obviously, with Petty going down, they got to find a forward to fill a spot. Now, who's the two forwards? Are a play plane in the two is right? Now you've got Ben Brown and Brodie Grundy.
Speaker 3: So two of the nicest men on the planet Earth.
Speaker 1: Greatest and like amazing humans, right, and now some good one has to pick one of them to probably fill the place of Harrison Patty. So it's give me real interesting this week with what he does there. But I mean it's also three games until finals. Essentially, you're going you probably want to walk the team in pretty soon and so to figure out what's going on. So that's going to be a massive call from Melbourne and their futures. See kind of what happens.
Speaker 3: What's this space?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He ever played at Casey Field?
Speaker 1: Case Fields? Yeah? Yeah, I have played down there during COVID times. Long Way rim Grim.
Speaker 3: Long way Wait. The weather always seems to be crap out.
Speaker 1: I became friends with Ned Reeves give me a jumper back because I think as like cousin or something like that, wanted to be me for Mad Monday. So I finally got that back last week. Thanks mate, I.
Speaker 2: Heard your winching about it on the podcast. Probably let's jump into the Saint Kilda Carlton game. Saints were so bloody close. They had him, they had him on the ropes and Carlton just you know, said we're here. Got out of it they and got out of it in exciting fashion. And they one of those momentum teams. Once the ball starts rolling, it's it turns into a big bowler. What's that what was that ball? What's that movie the with the Duds running Away from the Boulder?
Speaker 1: Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones and the Lost Arc or some of that. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's the guy.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: That's Carlton.
Speaker 1: Great media.
Speaker 2: But Carlton is that guy. Indiana Jones. But whatever the actor is called.
Speaker 1: And Harris is everyone on them and everything's.
Speaker 3: His name's Harrison something too. Harrison Ford.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of Fords in this episode, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of Harrison's. We just had Harrison's Teddy. Anyway, we're talking.
Speaker 1: About footing here. Sorry, go back to that. Yeah, Carlton sitting fifth on the ladder. Who would have guessed that? You know, you think back to like midway through the year. Everyone's on their ass about goal kicking and how they're doing terrible and everything else. Now they're fifth on the ladder and Carlton's given the big old bird toll them by the.
Speaker 2: We do say that, but the guy that was missing all the goals hasn't been playing, so they fixed it all up.
Speaker 3: Apparently they did have the you.
Speaker 2: Know, we talked about they need to just have drinks going into the by period, and they did it.
Speaker 1: Did they as you would though, man.
Speaker 3: Six everything, Nope. To any coaches out there, if you plan a bit ship the.
Speaker 1: U asks a few coolers whatever you're on, call them.
Speaker 3: What do you call them?
Speaker 1: Coolers?
Speaker 3: What's the stubby holes, stubbes.
Speaker 1: Cozzies, my brother cooozies under they are over the top of the beers, sit down in a circle and have a bit of fun. Cool So gross Saint Kilder kicks four goals to one in the second term and then only one goal in the second half. So, like I said, they were up and then they kind of weren't able to hit the scoreboard in the second half and Carlton took advantage.
Speaker 2: Had a dare ice coffee. You get that energy back, but they couldn't get it up and running and.
Speaker 3: It's desperate for sponsors by the sound of that. Unfortunately, couldn't get across the line. But you know went unbiased here, So yeah, fortunately for Carlton they could.
Speaker 1: Get And this is what we talked about earlier. Charlie, how many do you kick? Six, seven, eight on one? So text kicks two and Charlie kicks one. Very quiet weeks for the Coleman leaders and Charlie is only six ahead and it's sixty eight to sixty three, so with a few games left in the season, it's still wide open. If Charlie's only kicking one this week and Texas kicking a few, you know, like Text can come back and hit a few off him, I think, and who knows what's gonna happen. But also King returns and kick two, which is a good sign for Saint Kilda, big King back. But Weeding also who played on and had nine intercepts and three contested mark So it was a big battle down there in the forward line or the back line, depending on what team you support, but a very entertainment one out, good point.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to freeo Brisbane another nail. But I thought Brisbane were gonna cook.
Speaker 1: You never know what's gonna happen in the last.
Speaker 2: So flag mantle officially over. You have to say they were already you know, behind the eight ball, but they've got one in Luke Jackson forty four. Not quite a plumber kick the goal twenty four touches. Probably a pretty good game for you know, a young tool, but I think they can take it a little bit out of this year, but probably overall pretty disappointing season for Fremantle. But the Lions, you know, this win is one that they desperately needed given the state of the top four at the moment. They're all on the same points, still two games ahead Collingwood, but second, third and fourth all just you know, fumbling and falling over each other.
Speaker 1: I mean, even the percentage is interesting because the Lions are third, ahead of the Power and also one point one percent behind the second place Demon, so it's a very close on percentage also there between the top four.
Speaker 2: Which is what's you know, the costly loss for Port the four in a row. Then now their percentage isn't very good. It's going to be interesting for them. They need a couple of big wins. But we'll see how we go. Freddy, I want to talk about this because one of my.
Speaker 1: Favorite players, I mean, pickets up there. Don't get me wrong with this man. Oh the fact they can do a backflip celebration just makes me love them. I mean, I don't even care what he does if he does backflip to start the game, to go through the banner, like yo, unreal. I'm just throwing ideas out there, bro.
Speaker 2: With tough time Entertainment Grand Final, get him doing the backflips, canceled them sprints, the sprint he last week obviously from the pocket kicked a crazy drop money and I don't even know how it went through. Still well, he won uped himself from last week to this week, kicking under pressure to kicking a banana, both in crazy important stages of the game.
Speaker 1: He's less than a minute ago, he gets the handle outside to the corner of sorry, the corner we talked about the last week, to the boundary and he just bananas won into the fricking like it just absurd the confidence to do that with like a minute left, game on the line, and he slotted it. Absolute gun. He's one of my favorite players to watch. And unfortunately though, the Lions came back and they ended up I think Charlie Cameron set up hip Wood and they essentially were able to get up by eight points and that kind of got them over the line. But Freemantle didn't go down without a fight. They knew that their season was up and the you know was up for grabs in this game, and they were able to put the fight up. I couldn't get over the line in Brisbane now top four and flag mantle officially done.
Speaker 3: Now let's get.
Speaker 2: Into the one of the games, one of the two games Collingwood games this weekend Hawthorn versus the Magpies upset loss. I would say Hawthorne underdogs one oh five, Collingwood seventy three. And there was a fair bit that came out of this game. Obviously, the injury to Nick Dacos is probably headlining. It a bit of a fracture in the kneecap, doesn't require surgery, which is you know, a little bit of a silver lining, so it's a rest and recovery. But they're saying six weeks now.
Speaker 1: It leads us to the pre lim I think he can play.
Speaker 3: Pre limb maybe earlier. Do they still have that buy pre finals.
Speaker 1: Say pre fine By? I think even with that, I think it's around the prelim time, jeez, So I still have to get to a prelim to be able to have that opportunity, which is interesting, but it does put a big question mic around the whole you know, brown Low and everything else. But it is a massive injury for us. Unfortunately. I got to give a shout out the whole Thorns rostro kicks pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they kind of get much worse brown and yeah.
Speaker 1: Roun and yell. It's a very interesting choice of colors. But they did kick the first five goals. It felt like the rest of the game we really tried to play catch up. Now very different from the last week, right, we all knew about Mitchell essentially giving them a spray a quarter time after they had given up nine goals in the first quarter, and then this week they ended up kicking five goals in the first quarter, so they've changed it around. Who knows what spray will do to you with that team, But yeah, they were able to get a hot start, and it was it was tough for us to try to catch up after that.
Speaker 3: The Hawthorne's credit, they looked great.
Speaker 1: They kicked the first three goals of the fourth quarter, and that was kind of one of the things everyone thought, Oh, maybe the Colin would come back, blah blah blah, But after they kicked those first three, it was it was a tough, tough ass to come back from there. And yeah, we had the Nick decass time, Mitchell, Nathan Murphy all finished on the bench at the end of the game. So it's going to be interesting to see kind of what the I guess the ramifications of that are going to be.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a lot of magnet moving and lucky that you've got a few players, few teammates to come through.
Speaker 1: I've got to mention this though, James Sisley dispellsals, nineteen marks, three goals, sets, and ten intercept possessions. That is a freaker stat line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I imagine a lot of Collingwood fans would have been frustrated with that matchup or lack thereof, because I think he had fifteen touches in the first quarter, and we all know how damaging Cicily is and how well he kicks and sets up sets them up from defense. So yeah, it would have been good to see something happen there or shut him down.
Speaker 3: Now, Jamie Elliott.
Speaker 1: Still killing it, impressing every single week. I think he kicked three on the weekend. His shot from the boundary ridiculous, and then he always just gives a celebration. I love it. He's like, what do you expect? It's always just so cold. He just he's cold, and I'm a big fan of it, love it, absolutely love it. He Yeah, he had a good game, but yeah, Unfortunately, we couldn't get over the Hawthorne Football Club and lost by fair margin on the weekend. And we'll look to lick our wounds, as they say, inations We'll be all right, lick our wounds and head after the next week where we play Friday Night Geelong, WHI should be a big game.
Speaker 2: Big big game Friday night VJA Long Geelong. Another one that they need to win too. They need to be winning as many as they can. Now, that wasn't the only Collingwood game that happened on the weekend because Mason Cox traveled down to Werribee which is avalon Airport Oval.
Speaker 1: Yeah, googled that it was. I've been there before old Werby Oval last year unfortunately, and yeah, I had to Google maps, had to get out to that joint. And I was able to play in the VFL, which was good, fine and probably a bit more rock which was nice.
Speaker 2: Now let us know how this all played out, because I always eagerly await stories from the VFL because it's not normal.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 1: Shit happens, to say the least.
Speaker 2: It's always an interaction with a fan that's you know, doing something, more players that you don't know or you know, your cart gets bogged or something. Tell us some little stories from your your time in Weerribee.
Speaker 1: Well you can see on my eye was getting the ice stitched, right, so I got four stitches in my eye. You know. I love the people help out and the fans are amazing. So it is real kind of local footy, I guess you want to call it. And I'm sitting there getting my eyes stitched, and people are just walking in and out of the room. It's like very casual and asking people to sign autograph stuff and whatnot, and the kids outside and this person that person. I'm getting a needle in my head, just like this is chaos and very weird. And even the locker rooms are very different than the experience you know, pre game and everything else. I think I got there like two hours early and I was like the only person there.
Speaker 3: I'm like.
Speaker 1: Spot. There's little things like that. But yeah, there's plenty of trash talk, which is hilarious. Obviously, everyone gives you stick whenever you get dropped back down to the VFL with players. Yeah, some reason the I don't know if I should really get into that, but yeah, I was called what was it? Elton? John over the weekend, which is quite funny coming from the person and what they looked like. But yeah, it was interesting. It was it's such a funny. Yeah, I think so. I'm not one hundred percent sure, to be honest, it's a weird, a very odd sledge and it was not just a one off. It was a consistent every single out.
Speaker 3: Ty d didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: But this is the fl You just got to laugh through it and it was. Yeah, it was good. It was good to get a game off there. Unfortunately we did lose, got smacked pretty hard, but yeah, it was it was an interesting experience.
Speaker 2: Again, so almost plumber. What your stat line reads? Fifteen touches, forty eight hitouts.
Speaker 1: And a goal. Yeah. Well, I got pulled up to the fourth line in the fourth quarter. I wasn't too happy because I knew you'd come on here saying did he get the plumber? Did he get to fifty? I knew I was closed. I was like she either I'm over it and I'm like right near it or something like that. I got put into the fourth line. I was Yeah, it was the coach's decision. I think Craig want to see me in the fourth line a bit. So unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the plumber stat even though it would have been a very if I played like two more minutes in the rock Player to guard it. So it's kind of like frustrating in that sense.
Speaker 3: But I could say Ruckman, nominate and you're like, yes.
Speaker 1: Like sprinting down for the four line for a de fifty. Yeah, So it was. Now it's good though, but yeah, it's Yeah, it's an interesting experience, and we'll continue to try to put her best foot forward and see how we go.
Speaker 3: Tell us a little bit. I just it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: You probably it's not the funnest it's not the funnest experience. But let's dig in a little deeper. How is the whole experience out there with? You got to learn who the hell these guys are that you're playing with. I know you probably like to pretend that you know them all, but but you're out there and it's like trying to fit into a game plan, trying to fit into a team, trying to mesh with the boys. It's a very different vibe from you've you've had a long stretch at AFL level. Now is it was? It different getting back there.
Speaker 1: It's different, man, it's a different pace. I think it's probably biggest thing you realize, Like different pace, different skill level, things like that, you know, And.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make it easier just going back there because everything.
Speaker 1: Is sound as efficient, Like whenever you play a FL you kind of it's more predictable where the ball is gonna land everything else. Were in the VFL, it's a bit more chaotic as you'd expect, you know, like the skill level is not as high, so you'd expect to be more mistakes in the ball, not to be as easily read and everything else. So it's yeah, it's unique, it's different. It's yeah. I think like one thing I really realized over the time of the weekend was like the thing that really stuck out was the people that are on the ground whenever you're doing the quarter time breaks and halftime and stuff, and it was just like it's almost because we're losing. It was like infuriating you now, like like you just want to play, you don't want any other distractions. So that was kind of one of the biggest differences, I guess. But yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Before we before we do wrap up and look ahead the next week just for a little bit. What did happen to your eye? Was it a specific incident or.
Speaker 1: Just punch in the face. You wouldn't believe it. It happens all the time. Yeah, probably, I don't know. You know, pickt got touched over the weekend from the boundary. Some were abe person had a few more to too many tins.
Speaker 2: Just phrases like I said, go forward and forward, I'm trying to get fifty.
Speaker 1: No, it was, Yeah, it was an errent just like tried to spoil and hit me in the face. He actually apologized after it happened, so about thirty at that point. So but yeah, no, it was instantly. It just kind of happens, and I didn't think it was that bad until I took a shower and looked in the mirror. I was like, oh, I can see the inside of my head. Yeah great, there's fantastic days. Whip it out and stitch it up there and stitch it in the After the game, they're just taking into the doctor's rooms to out any painkillers. I just get a little numbing sensations needle in this stick stix stitch done very staunch.
Speaker 2: Well, let's look ahead because it is getting very close to finals. Carlton Melbourne, massive game next week, Carlton all the momentum. Melbourne has a few things to tinker with, you know, ins and outs, injuries and whatnot. And I think Chera comes back for Carlton, which he was having a blinder in the Collingwood game before you had to get subbed out with a hamstring injury. Port Adelaide needed to get back to winning ways over in Adelaide with GWS who be Adelaide there not only a couple of weeks ago. So it's going to be a big game from them, Absolutely biggest game of the round obviously. Collingwood Geelong Friday night, absolute blockbuster. Mcg if you if you don't have tickets and you can still get them, I would get on that snap them up quick because they're going to be sold out. We'd love to see big Mason Cox back in the forward line, maybe back in the ruck, maybe you know, sweeping out of defense. Been a run and carry off half back.
Speaker 1: I'll take anything to get back in the time.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you could feel Nick Nacos as wrong. I'm sure they're looking for.
Speaker 1: The ball, that's what they're looking for and a big seven foot round ball skills said, there are some big games coming up this weekend. Obviously the finals hunt continues for some of these teams and it's going to be important for them. So it's going to be exciting a week ahead. And yeah, but that's it from us. We're going to close it up there. What are you looking forward to? I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to Carlton versus Melbourne this week coming up. That's going to be fine. That's going to be a really interesting for both teams to see how they go. Carlton sitting fifth on the ladder very important for them. Delicious.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to a nice night's sleep hopefully at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: We've got that exciting thing. We can't talk too much about it. I can announce visually see it soon which is going I can announce it next week, next week. Okay, a few more things we do I wise. Yeah, dude, all right, well that is it. We'll wrap it up there with that little nugget we've gone with gold nugga for braandony Cox. There the match jump on the march. Everyone give us a fall. Thank you everyone so much for all the love we keep feeling every single week. We see people at the merch, we see people talking about it, and we love that everyone is spreading the word because you are freaking legends. Listen to the fast, the best, the best, absolute legends said, thank you so much. Anyway, we'll wrap it up there, everyone, thanks so much for listening, and look out next week for another episode covering everything that happens in the if L.