Speaker 1: Welcome to them.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, double thumbs up. Then we go around the show, Me, Jack and Patsy Turant.
Speaker 2: Things we're into at the moment. Patsy, what's it?
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't want to be dark. But Sunday Night, new show on Channel seven Homicide with ron Iddles. Hey, you talked about doctor death recently and your love for it. This is a brilliant show. Ron Itddles is a former homicide detective in Melbourne, one of the best detectives we've had work for many decades. And he's actually a family friend. We know the family. They're a beautiful family. But this show is a really great insight into how he has cracked some of our biggest cold cases in Victoria and he is just his empathy for the victims' families. How he goes in to talk about how he finally caught the people responsible who have been convicted. It's really a fascinating fly on the wall sort of documentary how he did it, about how he did it and his tactics, and how he friends the suspects. And he's just I've ready autobiographer.
Speaker 3: Was a suspect like in some major crime I'd be very wary of a guy who is investigating it suddenly shown up my ass with a six pack.
Speaker 2: I mean, you mate, aren't you Ron Middles? Are you detective? The guy arrested me earlier? And I forget about that. Wrong.
Speaker 1: Ron Iddles is my mum's weak claim to fame. She texted everybody in our family group WhatsApp wh ares this.
Speaker 2: Show busted her one of his successes.
Speaker 1: She was interviewed not as a suspect, but as a possible witness to a crime that happened across the street from us many years ago.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I watched this on Patch because he's it's a.
Speaker 4: Huge seven and it's really amazingly produced, and he is just he's just the best person. But he was a wonderful detective and I love it. So they go about ten ten of our most famous cases. So the next one Sunday Night. So and he's got an autobiography which I read a few years ago. I'll bring it in for you. Actually, it's really good. The other thing to brighten things up, I have brought you both presents again, biscuits.
Speaker 2: I can I say the just that beautiful color dress, the.
Speaker 4: Green, Yes, it is drumstick in a biscuit. Fans will know Craft discontinued them about six years ago.
Speaker 2: I love these oven bake snacks, and.
Speaker 4: Due to overwhelming demand because people were crying out for them to be returned, they've just come back to supermarkets this week.
Speaker 1: I love that overwhelming demand. When that happens, fans are crying.
Speaker 4: Out for Facebook demanded they bring them back, and they're finally done it this week.
Speaker 2: I recommend you can flavored Little Chewy drums.
Speaker 4: They're like nothing you will have ever tasted before.
Speaker 2: I spent quite a lot of time in dining around Europe.
Speaker 3: I've had a pretty good standard in a biscuits shape. It's not just shape, it's a drumstick shape shape.
Speaker 4: Get some French onion dip, dip them in while you're watching Netflix.
Speaker 2: I felt like an order then, rather recommend it.
Speaker 3: Christian Connall Show podcast Jackie Boy double thumbs up this sweet?
Speaker 2: What are you giving it to? Mate?
Speaker 1: First of all, we're eating a very delicious ice cream at the moment. Remember we all talked about eating gelato by coincidence.
Speaker 2: Monday, we started the week talking about.
Speaker 1: So bank is always three days behind. On the podcast, she heard that yesterday, and she called me on my way home from here. She said, you guys talking about Gelati is making me crave ice cream. Please stop anywhere and pick up some ice cream, as long as it has chunks in it. So I went for Ben and Jerry's. Always seems to have like every sweet ever invented crunched up, so I picked one at random. It was so delicious, was it Ben and Jerry's Cookie dough Switcher?
Speaker 2: Oh? That cookie dough classy one?
Speaker 3: You know Blockbusters, you'd get your video and then you get Ben and Jerry's or Hargan Nast.
Speaker 1: It's how the ice cream in there anymore. It's just like brownies and chocolate swirl and a cookie dough with a little bit of ice cream.
Speaker 3: Right. I think there's a factory next door, like Broken Biscuits, and they just drive them around to old Ben and Jerry.
Speaker 1: And then what I've been watching yesterday I went down a YouTube binge of these fan made YouTube edits montages of comedy panel shows are so good. And the great Sean Locke, who sadly passed away earlier in the week. He is a standout on the show. Eight out of ten cats, a British show and he is the best of all time of those regular guests on any comedy panel show, and.
Speaker 2: I thank you irmation of him.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite? And what's Sewan lock on YouTube today? You'll really get a great love out of it.
Speaker 3: Sean was someone I've known for twenty years and I went from being a fan of his when I first started in stand up. I don't know about ninety seven, and I remember when I first moved to London, I won a new act competition at a London comedy club and the prize was I won twenty five bucks, right, which is a big deal. I'd never been paid for actually tanning Johns before. I think it was only like twenty two. I just moved to London, and then the big prize was I was allowed to come back on Friday night and open for Sean Locke, and I remember then three years later I got one. Then when I was doing London Breakfast Radio and I got him on as a guest and we became mate. So Seawann, I've never twenty years, genuinely hand on heart the funniest stand up I ever saw, and I've been very lucky to see Chris Rock Chappelle, Biddy Connley, all amazing standards, but Sean always made me laugh the hard as a really willing If you watch eight our ten Cats, there's some of the finest comedians on the world on the hosted by Jimmy Carr, who's an amazing standard.
Speaker 2: But when you watch.
Speaker 3: Those clips on there, like I did yesterday, sort of very sad about Sean. He's only fifty eight and leaves behind his three kids as well. But Sean on there, you see the other comedians who are killer comedians, right, They all sit back like they know there are levels to what you can do as a comedian. And even Jimmy Carr looks like a fanboy who's just like screaming with laughter.
Speaker 1: He's got a gravitational pull about on that show, so punching Sean Locke into YouTube.
Speaker 3: His take on the Tiger that Came to Tea that Sean wrote as a fake chilter.
Speaker 2: But start there.
Speaker 3: It's called the Tiger that Drank Beer and they did all these illustrations to go with Sean's story for it's one of the funniest for minute clips you'll see on eight out ten Cats. Hug you mentioned it the other day, actually yesterday, I was watching that thanks to mention Sean. It's a great comedian, a great man as well. Much missed the Christian Connall Show podcast. I haven't seen the show. My eldest daughter has read the book. She's burning through all these Leanne Moriarty books, you know, the ones that Reese Witherspoon's production company. So we love the one that was on Prime. I think it was last year, Big Little Lies. Yes, I thought that was amazing. There's a new one tonight. It's called Nine Perfect Strangers, and my daughter Ruby's read the book said it's a brilliant.
Speaker 2: But Nicole Kibbens, I've seen the commercial. Carl Kibben's back. Spooky Kidman is sadly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's obviously moved on from Hugh Grant. He's stood inside and the other thing she was in the undoing earlier. She's now back Nine Perfect Strangers. It starts tonight on Prime. Really looking forward to seeing that. My wife has asked me to recommend this to you guys, despite I can't. I literally have to leave the room. Do you watch that Virgin Rivers?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't got into it yet.
Speaker 2: I want to cat for my wife, well, she loves watching the show.
Speaker 3: To me, right, it seems like every TV show scene where a city girl goes to move out to the country with the simple country phone, and even at the scene year when you know where they get out the car and they've got stiletto's and it seems.
Speaker 2: It to the mind. So as I saw that was that I'm out. But she actually loves it, and she said, you should tell some of your listeners. They like it.
Speaker 3: Virgin Us And this next thing I'm going to start doing right. A lot of you always some time to time say have you got any movie recommendations? Lots of people always looking for movie recommendations. I'm going to start doing them by genre. First one I'm going to do, say then, is my top three of heist movies. If you love heist movies. Here's my quick top three right up. First as a joint, one Inside Man, which is a great one with Clive Owen and Denzil washing It.
Speaker 1: I watched that again recently. It's so good.
Speaker 2: It is one who watch again.
Speaker 3: It's really smart, like really well wade heist movie joint Top three with that and Jackie Brown, which is an awesome Tarantino screenplay, Jackie Brown's brilliant, a very different kind of Robert Danira and that and Pam Greer, who's the real star of that. Then I go Thomas Crown Affair the remake with Pitts Brosnan and Rennie Russo.
Speaker 2: Really really good. And then Number one, the best heist movie I've ever seen, and I watched it once. He is Heat.
Speaker 3: You've got Danio and Puccino possibly their best ever movies and together in one movie with a great supporting cast. The action sequence, which is eighteen minutes long, was actually choreographed by one of my friends who is Excesses is incredible.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 3: And he had to train up to Nio Buccino and Val Kilmner to actually know how to handle guns. And he said that Robert de Niro would turn up like to the shooting range always an hour early. In just a cheap hire Car was up one of the nicest guys I've ever met. But yeah, Heats and Number one. So those are the higst movies. I put them all up on our show Facebook page and Instagram.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Heat?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen here? I really now, I really want to watch that.
Speaker 2: Can I throw in one bonus please, I love heist movie.
Speaker 1: Ben Affleck in the Town.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's amazing, so good him and who's his brother? And that Jeremy Renner I said, great movie. That those are really good ones.
Speaker 2: Christiano Connells Show podcast