Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn. Ready your work, our windows.
Speaker 3: That's my world. Reason the dust, only good babs all day.
Speaker 2: I don't much, but yeah I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where does.
Speaker 4: This is the pickup happy Friday. It's the pickout with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: It is the happiest Friday.
Speaker 5: I am happy fridays of any happy Friday that's existing for you.
Speaker 2: For me, I am going yes, sorry, disclaim I sorry.
Speaker 4: Not everyone's there's someone out there having a bad Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am sorry if that is you, But I am going to see my fiance Ben in Italy. If I had my finger on the sound effects button right now, but it's too.
Speaker 3: Far away, I would put some That was the funniest. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: For you, but actually I don't care, cause I'm going to Italy.
Speaker 2: You know I am.
Speaker 5: If you're having a bad day, that sucks? Does but then what you full stop space, I'm into silence.
Speaker 3: I give you breathe. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen my fiance for fourteen weeks.
Speaker 3: Fourteen weeks.
Speaker 5: It's like you guys are counting, I don't know, fourteen three and a half months, yeah, just shy four months, which is insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a long time, especially when you guys are in the midst of planning a wedding.
Speaker 2: How's like, who's counting?
Speaker 5: I'm like fourteen weeks. We actually count down the day. It's thirteen weeks too long. I'm only it's.
Speaker 3: Like fourteen weeks too long, nah, because you can do.
Speaker 2: A week here and there. Keep it spicy.
Speaker 3: What are your plans while you're there?
Speaker 2: A lot of pasta. My sister is going to fly over.
Speaker 5: She lives in Scotland, so she's got a little daughter who's I've only met once in my life. She's only eight months old, so they're going to go there. But to be honest, there's no plans really, I'm just going to adapt around his life there. But I haven't seen his new home in Italy, so it's like going to be a new exploration for me and I'm very excited. To be honest, I would meet him anywhere in the world right now.
Speaker 2: That is how I feel.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for the updates of you drinking Afaol spirits whilst I'm taking care of my.
Speaker 3: Kids on school holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't look.
Speaker 3: Mute me, mute me.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm sorry that I just unfollowed you whilst you're on your viewers Like, why if you blocked me, I couldn't tag you.
Speaker 5: Have you ever thought about your partner and if they were a piece of clothing, what.
Speaker 2: Would they be?
Speaker 4: I mean, I've thought about my partner heaps, but I've never thought that they were a piece of clothing.
Speaker 5: Now, I know you think I'm crazy, but this is off the back of Logan Yuri's book How Not to Die Alone. Now, if you've never heard of Logan Uri, she is an amazing author and a relationship expert. She's actually the relationship expert for Hinge. We have interviewed her on lifelun Cut podcasts, the podcast.
Speaker 2: That Laura and I do. She's brilliant, she is amazing.
Speaker 4: She has a bit of an odd theory though which I can't one percent get my head around.
Speaker 5: She asked the question so when she does one on ones with a person, she says to them, if your partner were a piece of clothing in your closet, something that you wear, what would they be? And the answer is supposed to be indicative of like your true deep feelings of them. And what I mean by that is some people might say when they think really deeply, oh, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they used to be like this big, beautiful.
Speaker 5: Favorite woolen jumper, but now it's like it's been in a dryer too long and it's just itchy and scratches me all the time. And then they break down what that means in terms of okay, cool, the relationship has changed to a point that they're annoying.
Speaker 4: This really screams to me that we need to label things too much. There's too many labels. We've gone too far. Everything needs needs a terminology, everything needs to be psychoanalyzed. Yeah, I've never thought of my husband prior to us talking about this of being a piece of clothing.
Speaker 2: I think it is really interesting.
Speaker 5: I think it's a great thought starter and a great conversation starter for your partners. So like, go home tonight or right now and ask your partner this question. I asked Ben this. We all everyone in the room when and ask their partners this. And I said to Ben, don't overthink it. If I were a piece of clothing in your wardrobe, what would I be? And without missing a beat, he said, you would be my sneakers.
Speaker 4: Sneakers, and my immediate thought was like, why are you trying to run away from me?
Speaker 2: No, I was like, why are you trying to walk all over me?
Speaker 5: Like I didn't you know. I was like, sneakers is weird? And I said why would Iver be sneakers? And he said, well, because you know I have a sneaker fetish.
Speaker 2: He loves his sneakers.
Speaker 5: He's got a hundred pairs of shoes, he loves them, and he takes such good care of them.
Speaker 2: He said, you'd always be with me.
Speaker 5: I would always look after you because you're my favorite piece of clothing.
Speaker 2: So we got there in the end, and I thought that that was really wholesome.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I was gonna describe Mac. I'd call him a linen shirt.
Speaker 2: Specifically linen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's also because he's always wearing linen shirts, so that that's what I think of as well, but also like breezy and like you know, like so comfortable and like great all seasons.
Speaker 5: I would say Ben would be a body suit because I want him close to me.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, Producer Grays, you have no.
Speaker 4: Because we all heard what you said prior to him. That was, yeah, don't know why you want him to be a bodysuit right? What about you, producer grays, what would your partner be?
Speaker 6: I asked my wife what I would be, and she said I would be a cute, sexy, little halt neck top. And why I'm strappy, a bit unhinged, ready to fall apart. Looks really cute, but isn't the most functional for all weather, but you love it anyway.
Speaker 2: I think that that is actually such.
Speaker 5: A brilliant, well thought our answer, and it's just enough of a compliment. Sandwich like you're a little unhinged, like maybe you're gona fall down a flash boob, but maybe you're.
Speaker 4: Not, like who knows, or have ment to breakdown? Who knows? There's so many of these. If you did think of a piece of clothing, or you asked your partner and they did call you a piece of clothing, go on to the pickup will.
Speaker 3: Link the articles and then you can figure it out.
Speaker 4: But there's things like, for example, statement belt, the person who adds flare and definition to otherwise ordinary situations. Blazer polish when needed, but can be thrown over jeans for brunch. The reliable grown up who somehow manages to pay bills on time, but still knows how to have fun. This one, the knockoff Gucci handbag, looks impressive from a distance, but falls apart under scrutiny, like we will be there.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised no one's describing me as that, britt.
Speaker 4: I want to talk to you about wedding trends across them, specifically something that's been deemed a tacky wedding trend, and I want to get your take on this. So there is a couple that's gone quite viral on there. You know, the how reddit has all these different threads. One of them is called the wedding shaming Reddit.
Speaker 2: That is a thread.
Speaker 3: It's a thread at that.
Speaker 4: Feel horrible, I know, but it's very potentially.
Speaker 3: But the problem is.
Speaker 4: Is that you know that if you make it on there, it's because one of your guests posts something about your wedding, Like that's how you end up on this wedding shaming thread?
Speaker 3: What dirt by? I know?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Well, look, there's this woman basically like they've had a beautiful wedding. The rest of the wedding looks gorgeous, but there's one thing that they've done that's been deemed not only controversial, it's deemed narcissistic, tacky, and also bridezilla esque. So you know how you walk into usually the reception and it has like a welcome to the wedding, and then there's another sign that's got the table seating plan. Yeah, so this is what it says, welcome to Lauren's wedding, and then in small text at the bottom, it says featuring Tom.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing it says Tom.
Speaker 4: The name is scribbled out, but like they didn't do a good job of it, so featuring the groom.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep.
Speaker 4: Now people are saying that this is such a red flag for self centered narcissism, that she comes off as a total bradzilla. She's made the wedding completely about herself when it's supposed to be about the two of them. People have taken it very seriously. Obviously he's in on the joke. Obviously he knows that she was going to make that sign. I mean, I doubt she just made the sign, and then you know, everyone rocked up and it was a great, big surprise. But people feel very strongly that this is a real indicator that she is just so up herself that.
Speaker 3: She can't, you know, include her own husband.
Speaker 2: Throw up, grow up.
Speaker 5: That is what I think people need to get an actual life.
Speaker 2: This is very obviously a joke.
Speaker 3: Well, people feel bad for him, like he's hard done by, he could not care less.
Speaker 2: Spoiler, the guy does not care.
Speaker 5: This is literally like a lighthearted joke to be like, hey, guess what, he's probably done nothing to plan it. We all know that the majority of women are far more excited or do most of the planning in a wedding.
Speaker 2: This is probably just a lighthearted lean into that. I agree with.
Speaker 4: That part, but I think that people have gotten angry for the wrong reasons. Everyone's like calling her a bride zilla. Everyone's calling her horrible names, and I'm like, Okay, she's made a joke. She probably organized the entire wedding. Like, I'm sure that there are guys out there are amazing and do a lot of planning as well. I do not doubt that if you were one of those husbands, Like, absolute kudos to you.
Speaker 3: I was very lucky.
Speaker 4: My husband was an event organizer in a past life, so I just pretty much rocked up at my wedding and everything was done, but from what I have gauged from my friends, that is the vast minority.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most women are the ones organizing weddings. They're doing all the planning, They're doing all the meetings, all the prep all the choices, and so I kind of look at this and I'm like, I feel like people have gotten angry for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: They should be angry at him for not doing more wedding planning.
Speaker 5: I genuinely believe that people need to get alive, like, why has.
Speaker 3: This that's your take home.
Speaker 5: There's no part of me that would ever walk into a friend's wedding, look at a sign and be so enraged that I would need to go and start a thread about how embarrassing and cringing and tacky it was. It's their wedding. You don't have to like it. Spoiler, it's not for you, it's for them. Have a little laugh, lean in, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also think that if you ever find yourself on a wedding shaming Reddit thread, you probably should assess your friend listers, who people are, who the people are that you've invited to your wedding. I don't care, do I feel strongly about it, not particularly, but I would be surprised if you did this at your wedding for it.
Speaker 2: Am I going to do this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Have I planned the whole wedding?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Does my fiance Ben weeks Out have suits for himself or his grimsman?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Does he even know what date it is?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Does he know where it is? I can't be sure.
Speaker 3: Well, we hope he shows up.
Speaker 2: I think he's I'm hoping. Well, I know he will. I've made sure I'm on the plane with him, like I.
Speaker 5: Will take him on the wedding.
Speaker 2: I have to escort him to the wedding. But I don't think he knows anything. But I mean, the sign's not for me.
Speaker 3: But I just think people need to relax.
Speaker 2: It's a wedding, it's about love. Who cares what the sign is?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm even for you, Britt, You've seem fine with it, but I'm that do more.
Speaker 2: Can you just call up and cancel the sign?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Thanks, Laura.
Speaker 5: I don't know if your kids are old enough yet to be playing pranks, but I love a harmless, funny prank.
Speaker 3: My kids are not at the pranking age.
Speaker 4: They're barely at the age, they understand how to tell a joke, but they don't understand the punchlines. So they just say like, hey, knock, knock, can you say who's there? And then they'll go I don't know, bum face, and you're like, okay, sure, sure, sure, bum face fart or whatever.
Speaker 5: You know, Okay, So they need a few extra years. They don't get it. Yeah, they're too little. Beer's had me in hysterics. Have listen to this woman going viral online for the realization she had that her kids have played the ultimate prank on her.
Speaker 1: I have just realized that I've been emailing people from Stinky stinky poo poo fart because I just I noticed the other day that when on my Apple Watch when I exercise, came up congratulations stinky poo poo fart or and I was like, oh my god, the kids have changed my name. They've actually changed my name on my emails. So I've been emailing people the school included from stinky poo poo fart hard.
Speaker 2: It's almost because of her accent.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't even know how to do this. The fact that a kid knows how to do this, it just shows kids no technology better than we do.
Speaker 5: But imactually, if you're sitting these really important emails, like you have your own business, you're in a big meeting, and you're like warmest stinky, stinky poopoo fart.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of when I was a kid. This wasn't a harmless prank, but I thought, well, no it was.
Speaker 5: I thought it was harmless, but I didn't understand the cost involved.
Speaker 4: Like I set my mum's house on fire, so I burned their house down.
Speaker 5: No, I thought it would be really funny to prank my mom and replace her perfume with just water. And I had gotten flowers from the garden and mushed it up in the water to see if she would notice. So it was chunky water flowers.
Speaker 3: But that's really annoying.
Speaker 5: It's so annoying, Like what was I thinking? But I was like, got you and hundreds of dollars of perfume.
Speaker 4: The only thing I ever did which wasn't really a prank. I don't know how you described just took my mum's siggies and put them in the toilet because I hated her smoking.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't want to say so.
Speaker 4: Then she I remember, because like you couldn't flush them because I was like, well, what do I do with them now?
Speaker 3: So I put them in.
Speaker 4: The toilet and then I freaked out, so I just put them back, but they were.
Speaker 5: All way because they'd been in okay, So I buried them in the dirt.
Speaker 2: I put them under the ground.
Speaker 3: Did it work for you?
Speaker 2: I got so much trouble, so.
Speaker 4: My mom did eventually quit. But it wasn't because of the toilet sigies, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've got Candace on the line. Hey, Candace, have your kids played a prank on you?
Speaker 8: Ah? They haven't, But I paid a prank on my parents when I have to keep with my sister. We were brushing our teeth one night and thought it would be a good idea to put a nice layer of the jail toothpaste on our lips so that when they came to kiss us good night, they got a nice little surprise.
Speaker 2: Yuck yeahs to burn their face.
Speaker 8: Because I know it's ninky kind of fixture. So got the appropriate funk and he felt it was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Do you know what MATTJ wants to our kids? So he pranked them. Laura was still wearing nappies she was like in Knight nappies at the time. She was like, no, she was like two and a half. And he got a clean nappy and putting a teller in it and then like purposely licked it, and she freaked out, like absolutely as you would discussing, she freaked out. She started, she got really upset. She cried, and she was like, what would.
Speaker 3: You eat that? Why would you eat that? Anyway? I don't know why he felt they need to do that.
Speaker 5: That's enough of Matt and pooh, let's go Gabby, Gabby, what pranks have you played or have your kids played a prank on you?
Speaker 7: I praised it on my mom. I hid all her underwear.
Speaker 3: Why what is at the end?
Speaker 7: I can't remember. I can't remember. Why where did you put it?
Speaker 3: Where did you hide it?
Speaker 7: I can't even remember. I just know that she got really paranoid and she thought the neighbors were still in her underwear, so she would wash them in the sink in her on sweet thinking that the neighbors are stealing them.
Speaker 4: Imagine how paranoid should be when she found out her daughter was actually nicking.
Speaker 3: All her under Do you know what?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, I've in so much trouble. Would I think she was really worried.
Speaker 2: You would, because if like undies or something, where they go you know where you put them. You know, you put them on the line. You know what undies you have.
Speaker 5: If they start disappearing from like your drawing the line, I would be thinking there was a creep.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, but were you stealing them from the line or were you taking them from a drawer, because it's kind of I.
Speaker 7: Think I just took them from everywhere. I don't know, I didn't I didn't think of the consequences. I just took them and I was like supping.
Speaker 3: That is weird.
Speaker 2: How long?
Speaker 4: The weird part is what you did, right, Thanks Gabby. Well, guys, that is it from Mars at the end of the show.