Speaker 1: Hello, idiots, It's roving reporter oscar with breaking news. Before this episode begins, I have an official warning.
Speaker 2: If you are a parent.
Speaker 1: Who happens to be listening with kids in the car, don't turn this podcast off now. This has grown up time, because Mitch and Mitch were very naughty in this episode, and we'd hate to disrespect the magic of the Easter Bunny and Santa and the Tooth Fairy.
Speaker 2: So if that magic is alive and well in your home.
Speaker 1: Don't fucking let your kids listen to this episode.
Speaker 3: We wouldn't want to ruin any magic, now, would we. But while I'm at at healthy, Harold is a fucking puppet.
Speaker 2: Bye. Just rested a couple of mitches for the rude shop of young adults? Did you know this? And Apple has the same caffeine as a four one shot coffee? Bullshit?
Speaker 3: He's serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going a good God. Now, what is it that says there is no caffeine in the house? No jury and micheal cous hello you hallo, oh my god. For the very first time, mister and missus churry. You know when they do a wedding they go for the very first time.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, I present to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Correct, Why would I take your name if we were getting married.
Speaker 2: Let's be real, whoever takes the D takes the name.
Speaker 3: That is so not true. That's true.
Speaker 2: That's what they say in the gay world.
Speaker 3: I've never heard anyone say that.
Speaker 2: Anyone who takes the D doesn't drop the knee. If you take the D, you don't get to propose.
Speaker 3: Oh I hate all of these rules.
Speaker 2: Can I just say I just made them up?
Speaker 3: Okay? God, you know me.
Speaker 2: I love a name first, id Second, it may sounded very convincing.
Speaker 3: To be fair, what were you going to say? I actually forget everything you said the very first time.
Speaker 2: For the very first time, Mitch and I alive from the state of the art Ijem Tower, our new studio.
Speaker 3: So we've moved into the new home that we've been talking about for Oh my god, Dela Cherry just put disco lights on a heath.
Speaker 2: They are like, look into that for a second and that will astra project you to another planet.
Speaker 3: It actually looks like the lamest party ever. This is the dance floor at a leagues club. Look, it's very fancy in here. It looks gorgeous. The view from the office window is stunning, but I'm in a tears. I'm very stressed.
Speaker 2: You are very stressed because we.
Speaker 3: Don't know how to fucking use it. That's the only issue.
Speaker 2: Nothing works. And uh and it's.
Speaker 3: Not only that we don't know how to use the studio, it's that everyone we ask, how do we just hit record? Like not sure? So we're just we're just gonna wing it. We're gonna have some teething issues. I suspect.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so we're in the new iHeart Studios. We used to record from the Kiss FM radio studios, which has like we're all radio people, so we use the radio panel and what I use for my radio shows, we'd use for the podcast. So it was seamless. But is just a desk with like a bunch of mics and one hundred different cameras.
Speaker 3: And we're controlling our microphones not with buttons and a desk, but with an iPad. And I'm just not confident that it's fucking charged. All things that could go wrong.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I wonder if I can just press the home.
Speaker 3: Don't press anything. Oh don't right, Mitchell, Look there's apps. Don't what's in the photo?
Speaker 5: R't Mitchell?
Speaker 2: It how gonna take a selfie?
Speaker 3: No, don't if you've taken us off, we really furious with you.
Speaker 2: Hello, I think we're on.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, we're still on. Just don't touch the iPad. Okay, I'm not even joking, Like my nerves are shot today.
Speaker 2: And you're standing up as well.
Speaker 3: They don't even have enough chairs for all of us.
Speaker 2: Only two. There's one for me and of course one for PKJ Prize keeper. Gener is back for twenty twenty, back.
Speaker 3: Back for tween twenty four. It's fucking April. But welcome back, Jenny. You dogged us in our last week before Easter.
Speaker 5: Yes, but I did make an appearance you did.
Speaker 3: I feel a little bit sad, don't you, because I didn't realize when we were in our old studio for the last time that it was the last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you on that I.
Speaker 3: Didn't get the chance to say goodbye.
Speaker 2: Also, it wasn't our actual studio the last recording we did, which had Oscar. That wasn't even our main studio. That was the backup Shuo.
Speaker 3: So what has it been like three weeks nearly a month since our og studio? I miss my moths.
Speaker 2: Oh the moths in there.
Speaker 5: Favorite to get the moth.
Speaker 2: I actually killed one of those moths in my last radio show, and that you didn't. Yeah, I just swent and it fell to the ground.
Speaker 3: No, they're my pets. I became quite attached to the moths.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you did.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: One's dead. I killed it.
Speaker 3: Please tell me it wasn't hot mothbun. She's my favorite. I didn't get a hot mothbun. There was another one I got, Oh, not moth to cheat. No, it wasn't moth to choot I it was I was David Hassel moth because it was a male moth. Oh no, his wife is going to be so upset, Miss pedestrian mothing. She's the mother of all my pet moths.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They all seemed to lurk on my side of the desk in the old studio, shaid, I take that personally.
Speaker 2: Rather insulting to be hoes. Yeah, they never came around my desk anyway. Speaking of coming around our desk, we're all here now, and we're surrounded on this beautiful iGEM desk, which the next foreseeable seasons of this podcast will broadcast from. So please bear with us if they're at teething issues or sound issues. We are genuinely learning how to use them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not confidence even recording, but we'll fucking push on. If it's your first time listening, welcome to Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Every episode we start the same with it Is it just me? Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mitch doesn't know mine. I don't know Mitch's as a surprise.
Speaker 3: We do not. We're going in blind.
Speaker 2: We don't know much today, to be honest with you, do we I really.
Speaker 3: Hope it's not anyone's first time listening. We're normally more slick than this.
Speaker 2: I doubt it all.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we are. That's not even accurate.
Speaker 5: It's just really bright in here, That's true.
Speaker 3: I actually feel like I'm on stage right now because there's blinding lights. I can only see the first row of people in front of me totally, and I am standing up like the stand up comic. I am true. I actually feel like I'm doing a show right now.
Speaker 2: You are. How did you go with parking, Mitch? Because there's no parking spots here?
Speaker 3: Al So now you admit it? What when I was asking for a lift. Couple of weeks ago, when I was asking a carpool with you, you were like, no, there's street parking. You'll be fine. You'll be fine. And now you say there's no parking.
Speaker 2: No, what I mean is there's no parking for podcast talent in the old building. You could take the parking lot. I get one, of course, because I'm syndicated across the cities. But I Jenny, you don't get one either.
Speaker 3: No, I don't really need Well, I'll be totally honest with you. Here's how parking went. I could only get a one hour spot, and that was about three fuck an hours ago, because that's how long it'd taken us to set this bullshit up. But hey, we're here now, I think.
Speaker 2: Put the fine on the kideo. It's okay, God, we have clearance. Shall we just start this thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's fucking start. Do you want to go with your origin first? Should I? Mind's Easter related?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: So's mine? Is it? Yes?
Speaker 3: We waited here. We had a week off for Easter, so we've got to do all the Easter chat now.
Speaker 2: All right, well you go first, because mine's exactly the same.
Speaker 3: All right, count me and Bradley, please, that's a boy.
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to giving up shit for lent?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 5: What happened land?
Speaker 3: It's a thing?
Speaker 5: I'm assuming, No, it's definitely a thing.
Speaker 3: Did you go to a Catholic school dinner?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because I'd never heard of it when I went to Bogenate Public. And then when I was like, how old are you in year four? Is that ten?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Nine?
Speaker 6: Ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah. When I was ten, I moved to a Catholic school and they started teaching us about lentz oh and how you give up something that you derive pleasure from for forty days in the lead up to Easter, forty days so that you can understand the sacrifice that Jesus Christ our Lord made when he went around the desert for forty days and then ended up going to hang on the cross.
Speaker 6: From kindergarten on woods, we are to write what we were giving up on It.
Speaker 3: Was mandatory giving up things.
Speaker 5: For lents, and it was put up on the wall.
Speaker 2: You got to choose what you'd give up. Yeah, but Jesus didn't. He didn't get to give up his iPad. He had to give up his fucking life.
Speaker 3: Well, they never made it mandatory for us. It was just strongly encouraged, and I thought it was going to be a thing as an adult. But I can honestly say I've not met anyone in my adult life that has told me, oh, sorry, I'm in the middle of lent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what lent reminds me. We have the forty hour femine.
Speaker 3: Did you ever do the forty forty thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, No.
Speaker 2: The girls would come to school and they'd be like, this is all I'm eating, Yeah, in solidarity with insert charity here.
Speaker 6: And it had that little money boxing the white cardod thing.
Speaker 3: Really yes, did you ever do it?
Speaker 2: Mitchell? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did the forty hour Famine, but it was over the weekend. There was nothing at school happening. You would obviously do fundraising in the Leader, but it was like, let's say you'd have an early dinner at six pm on Friday, because then by seven the forty hours begins and then you can't eat again until eleven am Sunday. Wow, I think that's forty hours.
Speaker 5: Fuck yeah, it sounds right.
Speaker 3: But what was it for was it was for refugees, because that's the Yeah, it was for charity, and they didn't want you to eat nothing, and so fat fuck little Mitchell was just devouring barley sugars because that's all you're allowed to eat. What's Oh, it's a really dreadful lollie. It's like those ones that are wrapped in plastic, like the what are they called the butterscotch they flap. Oh, I love butter Scott, I think about it. I'm pretty sure I got butterscotch instead of barley sugar. So here's little fat Mitchell in high school and it's quite dreadful to think about. But my thought process was, oh, the forty half of them and may help me leave way.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but as if that was ever gonna work, it's the whole forty hours. I just binge eate butterscotch. That's a lot of sugar. I remember, I got like ulcers on my tongue from the amount of butterscotch own nutritional value.
Speaker 2: It defeats the purpose.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of sugar. I did the cab the cabri Fo racing box. Remember the cabri box for the netball team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, noted it for netbo. I went. I went to London to perform at the National Theater at the age of twelve, and I had to raise money. So all I did was actually Michelle Cury ate them all because she's a chocolate fan, so she made Dad just bsb an account numbered me five hundred bars.
Speaker 5: That's what my family did.
Speaker 2: We just ate it all totally. Those boxes are gone. They were the big They looked like a toolbox, like a tradey would carry around.
Speaker 3: I used to love those because I don't reckon you can get the twin pack of strawberry Frettos anywhere else unless it's in one of those fundraising cab God, the twin pack, what was it?
Speaker 4: Pi?
Speaker 3: And the peppermint peppermin.
Speaker 2: Was good, but what was the twin pack?
Speaker 3: Just like to thrawby Fredos side by side rather than one big frog.
Speaker 2: Don't look at me when you say that, dare So isn't that funny? So do we think it's now back to lent is? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it the fall of Christianity? And I hate to be the one to bring it up, but I feel like there's less the pr team behind Christianity of fallen slack. It used to be the real talk of the town, but now I just don't hear about Lenz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no neither, because it's something that someone who's really into particularly Christianity, would do. Land Like it's all about, like I said, understanding the sacrifice that Jesus made for. So you do forty days, except you get every Sunday off, So it ends up being like forty five days or something because every Sunday you don't have to practice lan because you're off the church. Did you just take a break, did he Yeah, but they expect you to give up things that you get a lot of pleasure from, so like gossiping, online shopping or social media, binge, watching TV. So you can give up whatever you want, I guess. But the idea is it's meant to be something you fucking like. That's for lent, that is that's forty days. Forty hour famine is much more practical just forty hours. Yeah, you don't even have to give up food for forty hour famine.
Speaker 2: What do you give up?
Speaker 3: You can do like furniture technology.
Speaker 2: Well, in support of what charity.
Speaker 3: I think it's the same charity. Know there might be someone with diabetes or some sort of reason that they can't go without food, so they give up something else and solidarity.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: One of them is actually giving up talking. I reckon, we could do that easily.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do that. I'd lose my job.
Speaker 3: My career is to talk, But not if it starts on a Friday night and ends on a Sunday morning. The forty hours.
Speaker 2: True over a weekend.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I could do that easily, But then how are we going to reflect that on the show.
Speaker 2: We can't go. We're back after our forty hours silence. Take a listen to how it went for Mitch Cheery.
Speaker 3: We just livestream the whole thing and we communicate via whiteboards.
Speaker 2: Oh my like love. Actually it's like the link cafe Seede would be things on a window.
Speaker 3: I love how my mind went to love. Actually, you're went to link cafe sege. Fine, dark doesn't surprise deeply stressed.
Speaker 2: Let's try it.
Speaker 3: Giving up technology. It's not till August, so we've got time to prepare for the forty hour Femine, No, no.
Speaker 2: Not technology. We need. We can't record talking without technology.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, I reckon. Technology and furniture would be the hardest things to give up.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving up my fucking ottoman. I'm not putting out my puff for no charity.
Speaker 3: Do the mean you sleep on the floor?
Speaker 2: Well, four parts of furniture, I guess No, No, you sleep in a hammock. That's furniture.
Speaker 3: Nobody, you're right?
Speaker 5: What about if the bed the bed frame is furniture.
Speaker 2: The mattress isn't.
Speaker 5: So could h okay the mattress on the floor and sleep there?
Speaker 3: I guess that's the loophole. But that doesn't feel like you're sacrificing much.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I feel like my back would be really fucking sore after forty hours of no furniture. But at least it's not forty days like Lent. Imagine giving up furniture for forty days during Lents.
Speaker 2: And also, I hate to be rude, but that cross Jesus was nailed to was furniture?
Speaker 3: Not the same thing. Have you even been to church? Do you know any of this stuff we're talking about?
Speaker 2: I've never in my life been to church. Wait ever, no, I went to a public school. I went to public high school, public primary school.
Speaker 3: Not even like the obligatory Catholic guilt mass on Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'm agnostic.
Speaker 5: I ever walked inside a church.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, and I think I'd burn alive if I wanted church.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what we're doing next for the hobby Hunt. We're going to church it Jim turns to christ.
Speaker 2: O God, I'll be there. It's just me.
Speaker 6: You should follow these idiots online search a couple of mitches.
Speaker 3: Now idiots. I really do fucking insist that you listen to episode one ninety eight, which is coming out on Wednesday, because I'm bringing to life a stupid idea of ours. I'm pretty good at bringing stupid shit to life. You are are the top five bike bells.
Speaker 2: Which was in spite of my top five doorbells Please. It was please, thank you, And.
Speaker 3: I poo pooed the doorbell idea and then you poop poohed the bike bell idea. It just made no sense.
Speaker 2: We just poo poo each other.
Speaker 3: I think you'll support this one because we spoke about it recently. Remember how we were talking about a follow up to will It Block? Will It Blend?
Speaker 2: I didn't think you'd actually want this because this is such a me idea. It's so dumb, and I was worried it's something that you wouldn't enjoy.
Speaker 3: It well, what we're going to do is blend entire meals into like a smoothie form and see if you can still taste what it was originally and you can recognize what the meal is now that it's been blended.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love it. This is sod. So you do I have to do any preparation. No, no, no music.
Speaker 3: Remember how we were talking about it and we were going to bring the nutribullet into the studio and all that not in this studio. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I don't think we should bring it into the new studio. It'll fucking short circuit. They will building probably.
Speaker 2: This thing will fall apart.
Speaker 3: And also it's so clean in here.
Speaker 2: It is clean.
Speaker 3: So I reckon I'll do it in advance and bring him in for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's so excited.
Speaker 5: It's just going to be good.
Speaker 3: And I'm not going to fuck with you and put gross things in this movie. You don't worry. It's going to be just proper meal.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't want you to. Okay, I gon to turn my headphone volume up because it's very low.
Speaker 3: I think it's you know, it's over there. The other side. Your cord is coming from there? Oh stop?
Speaker 4: What? Sorry?
Speaker 3: Sorry? As we said, teething issues today. I didn't know that this desk what do you call it when it can go up and down? Sit?
Speaker 2: Stand?
Speaker 3: Is it hydraulic?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It hydro?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, what the fuck did you just press to make the desk go down?
Speaker 2: I just crushed my thigh against the desk.
Speaker 4: In a chair.
Speaker 3: Hang on, your headphones are over this side, so the wrong button.
Speaker 2: I'm going to put the table back up first.
Speaker 3: Right, sorry?
Speaker 2: Tell me how high it is? Too high?
Speaker 3: Well, there we go.
Speaker 2: I like that all right, Jenna.
Speaker 3: Well it's fine to me because I'm standing up.
Speaker 2: Don't be daft. You look simple.
Speaker 3: Like I said, we're figuring ship out as we go along. In a little bit. We're doing and is it just you caller?
Speaker 2: If we can get them, I've organized thought about this.
Speaker 3: We're just going to be doing trial and error on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 3: This is it. I appreciate your patience.
Speaker 2: We love you idiots. All right? Shall I do my agent? Yes, we're ready for you, I said, Easter related, so yeah, count me in, Bradley.
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Do you think Easter chocolate should be available all year out.
Speaker 3: That would just rob Easter of its magic.
Speaker 2: Well, it's got nothing to do with the magic of Easter. It's got all to do with the flavor of Easter chocolate. Do you too agree that Easter chocolate tastes different to normal chocolate?
Speaker 3: Depends on the chocolate.
Speaker 5: I do like that Easter chocolate is hollow.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, see that's the kid, That's that's We've got big issues here. Let's start with one. The taste. I think the taste is different. I think the taste of chocolate is a little sweeter in Easter chocolate.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently the taste was different this year, because weren't people saying that Cabri fucked their recipe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I wanted to talk about. Cabri were accused of changing their recipe or potentially selling stale eggs from last year.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because do you know what? I actually noticed that because I went to the Thursday night Easter raffle at my local bowl O.
Speaker 2: I saw that didn't Sean win the meat raffles something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he won the fuck prawn platter again, but he also won a hamper of Easter eggs, which is what I had my eye on, so I was thrilled that he won that. But my friends were there with us. We had a couple of the you know, the medium sized Cabria eggs. Yep, and one of my friends goes, this is not right, this is different. And I put it down to the fact that perhaps the Bowler were a bit scabby and they just got Easter eggs last year when they were on special post Easter, and that maybe they'd gone a bit yuk. But they did tasty, almost soapy, yes, almost soapy. And then I saw all the headlines about people saying Cadbury have changed their recipe and I thought I knew it because I didn't notice. I'd just stuck to my trusty red tulip. Yes, so I didn't notice. But that one egg I had at the Bowler, I was like, yeah, something's off about this.
Speaker 2: I had a kind of surprise. The big one. Every year, I asked, with a big kinder with a big toy in it?
Speaker 3: Is that even Easter chocolate?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do it as an Easter egg ah yeah, although it is always an egg A big toy, yeah, big toy.
Speaker 3: What to get?
Speaker 2: Oh Aquaman? I played with him in the pool. Oh my god, it was very fun. I think he's still the bottle of the pool. And that chocolate was answered. I didn't enjoy it. Yeah, I don't know, but that's Kinderwayno, So I just think we need to have more fun with chocolate. Easter chocolate is different. It's more fun. We were talking about it a couple of weeks ago when we did will it block but lint do the lint bunny in the The limb bunny is the best tasting linte Having it in bunny form tastes different. It's placebo, it's mental.
Speaker 3: Well, I've always said on this very podcast. I hate to bang on about it again, but to me, cadbre Easter eggs taste the same as normal Cabria chocolate where it's red chulip has that distinct nostalgic Easter taste.
Speaker 2: We simply mustn't have this conversation. We did a taste test one year and you made me guess and I got it wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were blindfolded and you were poo pooing my precious red chulup and we said, no, shit was And then I blindfolded you and you tasted Cabrian red tulip, and you said that one's better, and it was red chilap.
Speaker 2: Do you think East is one of the better? Hole like the better? Do we get the better like merch for East? Like Christmas match? Think about it. You don't get much chocolate, you get candy canes, you get like a spiced cake.
Speaker 3: I had to bring religion into it again. But apparently Easter is considered the more significant holiday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, in the eyes of the church kind of new life.
Speaker 2: Jesus passed and yeah, and then Christmas. I believe he was circumcised or something. What happened to christ was born?
Speaker 3: Apparently it's death it's more significant than it's birth.
Speaker 2: Yes, well the birth came what came first? Christmas or Easter? Christmas?
Speaker 3: Because what came first, the Jesus or the East reg.
Speaker 2: Well, they were a fucking stale, weren't they.
Speaker 3: Do You know what I also think is it just me on the fly? Eastern and Christmas. I like that they're so close together because you've had a big break over Christmas, you're feeling a bit refreshed, and then it's kind of a rude shock diving back into everyday life, diving back into work, and so by March April, you're like, fuck, I do need another break, but now we just have to sell John for the rest of the year. The next fucking little break isn't until the June Long weekend, and that's fuck all.
Speaker 2: Now you've got your birthday.
Speaker 3: That's not a national holiday. Fuck them all should be, but it's not at this point.
Speaker 2: But the birthday is a kin to Easter and Christmas, like you get to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but I mean like a holiday time off, a public holiday for everyone, just having time off. True, there's none for the rest of the year.
Speaker 5: Really, exact day, No.
Speaker 2: That's that I broke up. That was my breakup day. So that's ruined for me forever.
Speaker 3: What's it actually?
Speaker 2: Yeah, intact day's may breakup to miss the dawn service.
Speaker 3: Let's refag it.
Speaker 5: Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all right, it's coming up, isn't it.
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Is that your origin that eats the chocolate tastes better? We need it around here, do you reckon kinder Surprise? It's the closest thing to East the chocolate all year round. That's the fucking egg.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When I said it, I realized that it's just a bigger version of it. But that's a bad example.
Speaker 5: You can only get it at Easter, the bigger version.
Speaker 2: Correct, But Cabri chocolate in an egg form versus a simple block Mitchell tastes different. Yeah, the same product, Yeah that I taste different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just something about the hollowness. Yes. I was so upset because Mum got me the red tilt Bunny a fucking course, oh of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Side note. She got Sean and I his and hers bunny. So I was like, Jane, read the room.
Speaker 2: What did you get?
Speaker 3: I got the herds?
Speaker 2: Didn't that checks out, but she.
Speaker 3: Was at the pub, so I had to do Easter Bunny, Judy. That was fun scattering the eggs for all the kids. I hope they're not in the car listening right now.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute. You scattered the eggs for the Easter egg hunt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're really shit at hunting. I woke up the next morning early as fuck, thinking it'd be so cute to watch them do the Easter egg hunt, but it was just infuriating. I was like, they're shit at this. They've missed so many kids, so I was trying to make it fun for them. I was like taping them on top of the air con, and they left huge patches of eggs, and I was like Jesus, they weren't raised like the fat fuck I was, because now there was no Easter egg that went unnoticed. And even then I was convinced they must be more where the other Totally.
Speaker 2: You and I would have been like truffle pigs at a old age of six, just sniffing in every nook and cranny.
Speaker 4: I really was.
Speaker 2: I always thought they'd been really random places, like I'd get my hand in my NaN's crotch and be like, you've hit money in there, like fuck off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd find them in the laund room and what have you. And then I'd be like, I bet there's some in the garden. I bet there's some in the top paddicle on the top of the windmill.
Speaker 2: Always, you know, I think I was one of those annoying kids that was. I thought about it too much. I'm like, yeah, let me go into grand dad's shit. He's probably put it between you and Cheeries. No, it was on the fucking toaster, like hiding plain sight, like right here. Mind. Nan thought she must have thought we were that simple. She's like here, it is just on a cup in a cup. Thanks Nan, You've got no credit for us.
Speaker 3: I made a piss easy for those kids, and they just could not find.
Speaker 2: It for these days. You know what my family does as an Eastern tradition, We play football with an easter egg? What what man with a hollow football? NRL do Easter eggs and a shaped like a ball.
Speaker 3: I suppose that the entirely to be intersit in football somehow through food. Yeah yeah, And then they get you on the field and you're trying to eat the fucking ball. They're like, what are they doing? Totally?
Speaker 2: Dad wanted me to play baseball for you should have given me a kebab as a bat would have got a home run. Anyway, we played football with it. We can't kick it, but we all stand around and we pass it to each other. But then you know, Uncle Phil gets a bit rowdy and throws it in the air and it shatters and the kids cry, and then the dogs eat it because it's on the grass, and we have to squeeze the dogs and make them vomits. They don't go to hospital on Christmas Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, beautiful tree.
Speaker 2: What days?
Speaker 3: Anyway, what I was going to say, was I gave myself the her bunny by accident because I was on Easter Bunny duty. And then the next day I bit into it and it had gone soft, so I didn't get that beautiful like echo throughout the holiday when you bite into the year and it.
Speaker 2: Just goes yeah yeahs.
Speaker 3: And I was feeling so wingy because I had to get up early for the East three count and I was like, shine on, it's too soff go put it in the fridge. And he's like, no, what a ridiculous request.
Speaker 2: And also he's the his bunny. You're the hers. You put it in the frige, not the man.
Speaker 3: Oh, because a woman belongs in the kitchen. I understand I'm playing into the trope.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that. Yeah, I'm teen women anyway.
Speaker 3: In fact, you love women so much that you just refuse to fuck them. You wouldn't want to put them through it totally. You respect them too much.
Speaker 2: I'm such a feminist, I'm choosing to be gay.
Speaker 3: Could they her better than men? Totally? Anyway? Are we done with Easter chat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're done with this. To be honest, it's a boring fucking holiday. So let's not talk again.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I think it's boring. Sorry, well not you full of joy? Well, there's just not much else in it. Also, the Easter.
Speaker 2: Bunny is quite horrific. It's a giant bunny.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 2: Shoot it. That thing actually existed, Put it down.
Speaker 3: We all love it. What do you mean if nothing actually existing?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, if an adult with a rifle could get it, get their eyes on it. Put that put a bullet between that thing's head, it's eyes.
Speaker 5: You can't kill the Easter bunny.
Speaker 2: Santa is jolly. The tooth Fairy is cute in a little Bikinian wings like. It's a bit sexy.
Speaker 3: I had to do that too. You fuck the tooth fit No, no, no, not only with the Easter Bunny. Last weekend I was the fucking tooth and I lost two teeth and I was the only one carrying.
Speaker 2: Coin the amount of chocolate in that.
Speaker 3: God again, I hope they're not withing the tooth Fairy totally, not me, not the tooth faggot, the fair.
Speaker 2: Is it just me? That's enough of these too, now, let's hear and is it just you? All right? We've had ours?
Speaker 3: Shall we hand it over to a if we fucking can. As we've said, we've had teething issues today. We haven't actually tested the phone line. Is it gonna work?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who are you even calling?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's your job to find.
Speaker 2: Out before you find out. Am I connected to this thing? I don't know you is this upstairs speaker or Rachel's air pods? What a Bluetooth dongle? I've got a a dongle. I've got to connect to a dongle.
Speaker 3: God, there's something about the word dongle that it is just so aging.
Speaker 2: Mitch's Apple Watch connected, Jenna's we Vibe pro for connected.
Speaker 3: No, we'll wait. Yeah, is that it? It looks like it's searching if you're held down the button.
Speaker 2: Dante A v Oh, yeah, that's it, Dante. Why don't you call me as a tear Sure it's working?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello? Can you hear it?
Speaker 4: Yes? I can?
Speaker 3: How are you can you hear me?
Speaker 4: I can? Okay?
Speaker 2: Good? Shop me on hold. Let's see if we can hear stuff through yours? What can you pop us on hold?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can do that? Can I that's a good point. I think I can only put you on hold if there's more than one person in the call.
Speaker 2: I'm hanging at all right, at works, what's going on? All right, let's call this call. I have to get their name out and get their name. We're connected to Dante's AVO.
Speaker 3: Should we just competently call them Dante utill they correct it?
Speaker 2: Hello, Dante, It's Mitch, Mitch and Jenna.
Speaker 4: Hollore you Hollo, no good. How are you storing?
Speaker 2: We're so good.
Speaker 3: We're a bit fucking stressed to be on a stalin, but we're pushing through. We're learning how to use the new studio. Where are you joining us from? Dante?
Speaker 2: I'm anui, Dante, I believe you have anything? Is just me for us? Hello, Dante, I was holding the Dante.
Speaker 3: You didn't press the button, did you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I did, but I'm holding It's not connected to Bluetooth anymore, Dante. For fox sake, Terry, you press the button? Why did you do that? I didn't mean just put the fucking Divide down?
Speaker 2: Stop touching it.
Speaker 3: I'm connecting all right, you're back, Dante.
Speaker 2: Dante, Danny close, be honest, considering what's going on in the studio.
Speaker 3: So the new software that we use to connect the phone line and make this phone call. It's called Dante, and I said, let's just call her Dante and see how long it take. Third a fucking directed But we were so close.
Speaker 4: A couple of times. I'm like, no, no, maybe it's just the phone.
Speaker 3: Place, Danny from Newcastle.
Speaker 2: Now someone's calling me. Who is it?
Speaker 3: Tammy?
Speaker 2: Tammy? Who was it? I might need to call that.
Speaker 3: I've said it with Tammy who.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Tammy Tammy?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't have any other information, Danny. Would you like to give it through before I actually flipped my ship? Now you're Tammy, she's oh.
Speaker 2: She's good. Then who's Dante? Mitchell is about to explode? We're having fun?
Speaker 4: Ah? Wait, you know Mercury is in ritro grade again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and explains it all, doesn't it clearly?
Speaker 2: All right? Danny? Bradley or count you in and then you hit us with your Is it just me? Okay?
Speaker 4: Now I have two?
Speaker 3: Is that Otah forgot?
Speaker 4: Yes, they're both in the retail world.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll do one after the other.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well Bradley will can't you when you're ready?
Speaker 4: Okay? Is it just me? Is there at least one goth staff member at every office work store.
Speaker 2: Goth did you say goth?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: God, totally. They flocked to office works typos and JJ noticed.
Speaker 4: No, that wasn't the same person, a particularly at two different shops. But I went together the here. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: So there's not one goth job hunting. That's just multiple goths, a gaggle of goths in your local area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of office works.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny? Go they kind of gather at office works. But also they love a j be high fire, don't they.
Speaker 5: Oh yeahh yeah.
Speaker 2: I never had a goth phase, which I feel like you were of.
Speaker 3: I had my version of a goth phase. It wasn't allowed to wear makeup or diamond hair black, and so I just wore black clothes. So basically everywhere when people thought I worked there, yeah that checks. Yeah, Peop would ask me the supermarket where to find the fucking tuna. Oh no, I'm just trying to be goth.
Speaker 2: And it was just black, Jenny, you would have not had a goth stage, I feel like no.
Speaker 5: But I had an emo side fringe?
Speaker 2: Oh did you?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: So did I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We all have one?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 2: I had a side fringe that went down, but the back I would tease up. That's very short stack totally like Jenna the TikTok sation? Do that a version of that? All right, well you've got another one? Do you another region?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do? Okay, sweet well Bradley come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need you.
Speaker 3: You're not off the clock just yet? One more time?
Speaker 6: Hit it.
Speaker 4: Is it just me? Does every reject shop smell weird? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It smells like last years e's the chocolate I would subject it's like musty, musty. I was trying to think of how to describe it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, I don't have a reject shop near me.
Speaker 3: I don't. I can't bet you on it.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't They always next to an Aldi though, aren't they? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel like typically you find them right next to the car park entrance and exit near the ramps.
Speaker 2: What what do you go there for? Dante?
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't know what. There's a lot of like pretty home. Where's there?
Speaker 3: It's like there actually is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you wouldn't pick it, but I think I saw a TikTok with some and I just thought, oh wow, I need to check this close out, so I.
Speaker 5: Must say reject shops are very underrated.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes they are.
Speaker 3: It's the smell that puts people off.
Speaker 2: I reckon, what's your theory to the smell?
Speaker 3: Which I don't have a theory, but they all kind of smell like it just kind of smells like you know how you might have a linen cupboard with old photo albums in it. Yes, and you open the photo album it's like dusty plastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, No one wouldust those shelves, would they.
Speaker 3: Well, they wouldn't need to because there's so many bargains. Everything flies off the shelves.
Speaker 2: I can see a collaboration with you in the reject shop. It fits your brand, Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Honestly, any day of the week, I'd be there, I'd sign up. I was a go Low girl back in the day. I don't know how reject shops life. But go Loo didn't.
Speaker 2: I had Bilo, did you was it the same?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: That was the supermarket. Go Loo was like like Clints, like crazy Clintyes, I've never heard it. Did you just not go to any pavo shops? Are you rich?
Speaker 5: Dollars and cents?
Speaker 2: Never heard of it?
Speaker 3: But you had fucking Fox held it in't to Yatha.
Speaker 2: I did have the IQ three Big Brother back in the day.
Speaker 3: Oh, the idea of being able to pause and rewind TV was just so much.
Speaker 2: It was we could record. That's so, But the problem is my parents are so obsessed with it. That's the only way they know now. So there are better ways? Are you streaming or catch up? But no, Mum has to pause the news if she can't watch it and then play. So sometimes I'll get home from night the Night Show at ten pm and Mums paused the six pm news. She just want to miss it, but she's missed all her other shows. Really well, Dante, thanks for those very astute observations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you God.
Speaker 3: Now make sure you hit up prize keeper Jenna, won't you, because she'll send you a prize for coming on the podcast with us today? Yes, I will.
Speaker 4: I still yet to get one from last year. I can't forgetting I did I brought in the veil? Is it just you?
Speaker 3: Last valet and veil? And how to pronounce you? So you didn't get it because you've forgot to hit gener Yeah? Do we now technically over three? Now that she's done three gyms in total.
Speaker 2: Why don't we just give her like a bigger price.
Speaker 3: A recheck stop boucher. I would necessarily buy food there, but like you can get cheaper cleaning products there and pet food.
Speaker 2: I've I've heard, I heard that's a hack also to go to the reject shop for like dishwashing tablets. Yes, yes, yes, that's a big one there, all right, Dante, Well, thanks for listening, Honey. We love you, Danny, Dante, love you, Danny.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye. Now, if you want to come on with an is it just me of your own, you can hit us up at a couple of mitches or send us the text this is the number, oh for till nine age zero two.
Speaker 1: Nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we want to hear from you. Now, let's talk you through the process of thinking of it.
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Just think of a really fucked up story that's happened to you, and work backwards and then just think of and is it just me? To introduce it?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: You just need to like retro actively fit retro because I want to hear some juicy fucking story. It's like a really fun story.
Speaker 2: Okay. For example, say, for example, you accidentally I don't know ate pooh, you can't say is it just me? Or did you accidentally eat pooh.
Speaker 3: Or maybe you were a witness to some sort of crime. Yeah, anything like.
Speaker 2: That, or because you could just start both of those with is it just me? Or is this the craziest story you've ever heard?
Speaker 3: And then you can go a bit lazy, but sure if you want to do that.
Speaker 2: What else are they going to say?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Or have you witnessed a crime?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well we'll leave that with you, idiot, Yah.
Speaker 2: You, it's not up to us. All right, we really must go. Will it blend? Have any Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Correct? I can't wait? I can?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 3: I reckon it again. I'm not going to do your dirty I'm not going to put fucked up combinations of things. It's going to be a meal as you would eat it, but in blenderform. Correct, So like spaghetti bolignaze blended. Yes, wow, something like that.
Speaker 2: That was an example. All right? Shall we go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should head out, all right?
Speaker 2: Guys, leave us a five star review please if you haven't yet on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, just five stars and we will see you in a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Have you all had a gorgeous easter as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Catch you on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Blessings bye bye with you?
Speaker 4: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: A podcast by a couple of make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to A to D brief our secret segment on the end, just a few people with ADHD having a debrief. Correct, Yep, we just talked shit here. Nothing's planned or whatever.
Speaker 2: Nothing's planned in the slightest even though when you.
Speaker 3: Think about it, is it just me Monday? Nothing's planned? We don't know. Oh, I don't know what they call it's going to say.
Speaker 2: No, you don't know what I'm going to say. I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't know what I'm going to say.
Speaker 5: No, somehow, I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: It's just AI.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Did you guys hear that AI has now or chat GPT have created a verbal AI, but they're not releasing it because it's an elect and they fear it is so powerful that in the hands of the wrong people, it could just spread misinformation like noe.
Speaker 3: Oh, like they'd run an add on the radio saying, Hi, I'm Donald Trump and I'm a fuckhead. Correct, see he said it from his eyemouth.
Speaker 2: But imagine how confused should be like it genuinely would be confusing. I mean, I fear will be out of a job when that goes, because they could just say, they could honestly write, make a podcast between Mitch Cherry Mitch Coombs. There is enough content of us on the internet, Mitch that an AI could listened to in a minute and then just generate what we'd say. Wouldn't be bang on, but it would work.
Speaker 3: I don't reckon you could use something like that to host a whole episode. But if, for example, I don't know, iHeartRadio said to us, guys, you need to record and add for Mitsubishi Motors or some shit, and you and I both unavailable, we probably could just put that script in and have it read out in our voice. I've not tried that, but that's I'm trying to explain that they couldn't just think like us totally. But if we told it what to say, it could do it.
Speaker 2: I think it would get at ninety nine percent right, but there'd be one percent that would be glaringly obviously not us. Yeah, they'd nail the comversation like Mitsubishi Motors, Mitch, nothing better than a fresh new Mitsibichi. Then you'd say sleigh hunting, correct, And then they do my brutness laugh. But it would be like.
Speaker 6: The thing with AI is it can't do Australian accents. Well, so there would be like a tinge of American.
Speaker 3: In there, and I'm so fucking naughty. So yeah, get it way off.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Recommendation if anyone's watched ons a Netflix recommendation three Body Problem on Netflix.
Speaker 5: I've heard about that really good.
Speaker 2: It's the acting is the worst I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: That's one way to sell it to so bad.
Speaker 2: But the storyline is incredible. Really, it's like AI Sci Fi End of the World really cool.
Speaker 3: Oh you lost me at that.
Speaker 2: I love Alien.
Speaker 5: You lost Alien lost.
Speaker 2: Bad acting, but that's how we just said it's.
Speaker 3: Bad acting and it's Alien. I just don't know if that's for me.
Speaker 2: Oh my favorite genre is stabby. Oh well, I forgot. We got a delivery. We got a package for the show. Okay, sorry, wrapped. I brought it here with me. Put on the table. Oh oh, it's a package from Melt Thomas in Penguin Tasmania. Oh yes, gorgeous, Mel says, two mitches, a couple of mitches. Uh, there's a card. Let me read the card. This is gorgeous me so cute Eastern card. So it's happy Easter to you, to Mitchell, Churi and Jenna, wishing you an Easter time full of special treats from Tazy mel Thanks.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Guess what she gave us because we couldn't find it anywhere she sent us and now a cabri lin bunny chuck.
Speaker 3: I see this was the whole inspiration behind block.
Speaker 2: Also, not just that she sent us what I believe to be Tasmanian.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, what show me? Okay, the brand is Tasmanian ginger there in North High But this is what looks like some sort of melting moment this time?
Speaker 5: God, what's this?
Speaker 2: There's a little melting moments.
Speaker 5: Gingerbread kiss give them to give them to me?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, look ya, Okay, hang on, these ones are gingerbread kisses, but they've got hundreds of thousands on top, like fucking fairy bread.
Speaker 2: Oh ah, I'm going to try one.
Speaker 3: Hang on, I just need a moment because that was my favorite bickie. As a kid. We'd make these ones where you'd roll the cookie dough into a ball, dip it in sprinkles or one hundreds of thousands, whatever you want to call it. And so we had spinkles on top and it was heavenly. So now I've got sprinkles and I think on top of a ginger kt.
Speaker 5: God, I'm going to try the Oh male, you've spoiled me.
Speaker 3: Let me try this. Oh suck my ass. That's good.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try the linen bunny chocolate Actually incredible. What the fuck?
Speaker 3: What are they called? Tasmani and gingerbread?
Speaker 2: Shout out?
Speaker 3: I'll bet you post the girl. Fucking hell, that's gorgeous. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Also to close this can of worms lint, bunny chocolate block taste like linch chocolate. It's not a bunny.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go, as we suspect it all along.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: By the way, you told me that you couldn't find the block of bunny anywhere.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Oh, they couldn't fucking give it away at my supermarket. There were so many.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't find it either, I promise you all the bunny is, but not the block interesting.
Speaker 2: That's actually delicious.
Speaker 3: I love Linch chocolate, but it's nothing like the bunny.
Speaker 2: Nothing. It's just chocolate.
Speaker 3: As I was saying, it's the holiness that you need.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't get over this gingerbread, the.
Speaker 3: One with the sprinkles on top. Is that. I don't think I could finish the whole one. Can I have a bite of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I want the melting moment one. So this is not interesting to anyone else. It's so good, I'll stop it.
Speaker 5: I know, incredible.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's really good.
Speaker 3: I have something else to say, but I'm still eating.
Speaker 2: Well, I can fill a boid, I can't finish it.
Speaker 3: Now. What I was gonna say, cherry? Oh is it just me on the fly? Or is it a bit fucking weird when your grandparents get dementia?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, Well a Mitchell that has a grandma with dementia in.
Speaker 3: The least rude way possible. How far gone is she?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ninety nine percent. Really it's not fair ninety percent. But she's she's basically nonverbal these days. Really, she remembers, she remembers away. And I saw her at Eastern Nan goes, Mitchell, you're the one with the show. I said yes, and she went, you've put weight on in all the wrong places. I mean, what are the right places?
Speaker 3: I kind of love that. It makes them brutally honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's pretty depressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my grandmother got officially diagnosed at the dementia a bit earlier in the year, I think, but we all kind of suspected it, which is why we took it to the appointment.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How old is she.
Speaker 3: Grandson of the year, I don't know. I think eighty nine because we just had Pop's ninetieth over the Easter weekend and I think they're on the year apart. Maybe, Yeah, so basically getting up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, but.
Speaker 3: Pop's not been diagnosed, but I swear to God he has it too.
Speaker 2: Oh you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They often go out in sympath with each other.
Speaker 3: Interesting. The weird thing is that they just don't want any help. Yeah, Like we keep saying, oh, we can get someone to come out like an age care assessment and they can change your sheets and stuff, and they're like, nay, where we right?
Speaker 2: They're stubborn out, which I can't.
Speaker 3: Get so stubborn. I can't make sense to that, because ah, I would say yes to help so quickly. How do I fake dementia so that people who have come and do my chore.
Speaker 2: The thing is it's mortifying because you and like, I'm not going to connect to someone that has dementia. But I have a brain condition and sometimes you know, my memory when I have a bat and I have a flare up, my brain is shot. It is so scary to have like that power taken out of your hands. Like sometimes I genuinely can't think of words and I'm like, oh my God, like my brain, my body's failing me. So imagine being eighty knowing that that's kind of the period of your life where this starts to happen. Feeling it happened, you wouldn't want to admit it, and then you don't want to tell your loved ones because then they go, we'll put you in a home. You want to hold onto your identity as long as possible.
Speaker 3: But now that it's out there and we know they have dementia, why would you refuse help? Like you clearly can't do it?
Speaker 2: Let's pride. There's a lot of reason. So does she know it?
Speaker 3: I don't know if she knows. And the reason I said that we all sort of suspected it is because you remember, I think it was last August or something. I went home to look after the farm while Mum and Dad were overseas with Arnie Trish I went home to look after the farm and I went to visit Nan and she was just like, oh, d nice to have you back in the country. And I was like, does she think i'm Trish?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But I was like, I've not been overseas in years. I don't know what you mean. I thought maybe she meant the countries in like the outback or whatever, but I think she might have just been a bit confused. I don't think she placed me. And also it turns out that despite having met Sean like four times, she has no fucking clue who he is, which I find quite funny because she just doesn't question it. Mum wrote her a birthday card recently and it had love from Ian Jane, Nicole, William Mitchell, shaw Mark and Sash are like all the partner scenes are in there, and then's like, hey's Sean. Mom's like, you've met him, mater, he fucking helped you with the find a Word in your Christmas Bond bond on Christmas Day and she just goes a boy. Yeah again, this is not news. Now she knows I'm gay. Yeah, So I just love the thought that there on Christmas Day she would help her with a finder word, and she just doesn't know who the fuck is.
Speaker 2: To be honest, it's like, wouldn't you ask the question? She's too embarrased? Why are you here? Oh my god? See, I kind of wish my nan has ridden with dementia. But my Alma, who's like eighty seven brilliant. In fact, she told me that all game mad a pedophile. So I'm like, I'd rather herb be dementia and forget.
Speaker 3: Wait, it wasn't dementia making her say that.
Speaker 2: No, she's fully loosid. She's Dutch, she's got that European blood.
Speaker 5: She knows you're gay.
Speaker 2: No, at this time she didn't know I was. She's really shut up on the whole pedophilia.
Speaker 3: Oh well that's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice. She's got some nice self awareness. Fuck, I tell you what. I'm sorry, Mitchell, because it will get harder, because slowly you'll lose. It's going to get harder. This is actually and you got to have some levity in it. This is like the fun part of it because a little wacky, a little a little oh god, what's gonna happen. But once, once it really starts hitting their physical body, it's awful.
Speaker 3: Oh they have not been the healthiest or fittest for fucking years.
Speaker 2: Which is the end that we played the message of when your cousin had a heart attack, they him a voice message, Hi, Dallan, how are you? No wonder had no emotion because she didn't know who the fuck she was talking. What's he got to get chippy his toe?
Speaker 4: Did he?
Speaker 2: Ohr, dar, you're right up up? You get off your dry because she couldn't remember it was a fucking heart attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This isn't the grandmother that we called on the podcast, the one that lives in Sydney that I wanted to have lunch with, the course of not her. This is like bog and Gate Nana Kems And it's interesting. She's always been quite a bitch, but the dementia has made her sweet and so Mum's always like, yeah, I know that she's having a good day. When she's a bitch to me, I'm like, oh good, we've got the real need of coming through and.
Speaker 5: They either get nicer or mina yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So there's this lady who was in the nursing home with my great uncle who also died of dementia. And she had dementia and she was like the loveliest person, but once she got diagnosed, she turned horrible, Like she would fight to the staff, fuck, like, get into physical brawls.
Speaker 3: Shawn scrapmother was a bit like that. Yeah, sweetest person on earth. Ninety percent of the time she was sweet, but sometimes she'd just turn on the staft that without a help her total. Oh my last conversation with Sean's grandma, I'll never forget it. It was so precious.
Speaker 2: She just passed r i'd be a year soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't remember exactly what actually a year in June, I think anyway, So she'd met me multiple times, and even though by this point she was quite nonverbal, she would talk about me, and then whenever I came over, she'd like blush him. And then the last time I saw her, bearing in mind, this woman is nonverbal, she says, clear as day, who's that?
Speaker 2: You made her regain the power.
Speaker 3: I brought her words back so she could be like, who the fuck's that? In my heart?
Speaker 2: How soon thereafter did she pass?
Speaker 3: Like a couple of weeks?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, she was holding out to be a bitch to you. I want to hate chromeit game man one more time.
Speaker 3: And she apparently before I came over for Christmas Day at Sewan's place, she'd told Sean that she was really excited to show me her chickens. Oh, because she has a chicken keep out the bag. I'm a farm boy. So she thought, oh, he'll love to see my chickens. And then I arrived on Christmas Day and she must have been in one of those moods, because Sean goes, Grandma, do you want to show michill your chickens again? She's nonverbal but says clearer than anything. Why, So, it's fine, I've seen a chicken. Val It's all good, totally.
Speaker 2: Did you get to see him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, good?
Speaker 2: You saw her little chicken?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's got a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. It's very sad, isn't what that happens?
Speaker 5: How are the chickens now?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Did they assume they're still kicking?
Speaker 2: Who took on the chickens?
Speaker 3: Sehawan stand?
Speaker 2: Well, that's nice. I think listen more, mate.
Speaker 3: Note shall we go on that depressing names?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: On the note of death, I think it's nice to end this episode out back on Wednesday and chickens, don't worry. I'm surprising. I hope people actually hear this, because would not surprise me if this didn't record.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true, but the reason I brought it up was because Nan doesn't seem to have forgotten everyone. But I was first cab off the rank. I reckon because I look different. How she remembers totally, because yeah, yeah. I tried to talk to both of them at the ninetieth and one of two things happened. Either they forgot who I was and they were like, who's that. I don't trust them, or they remembered who I was and they were like, nah, we don't fuck with him, because you know how they don't hide their true emotions. When they were just not playing ball at all and they were looking at me like, we're not talking to you. What's Yeah, But did you have a good relationship with them ever? I mean, NaN's always been a bit of a bitch, as I said, But yes, I had a good relationship in the sense that all children just blindly love their grandparents. Of course, and Pop I was closely with him growing up. You need to let us get away with naughty shit. He'd be like, don't tell you, Nana, totally, I'll let you ride the gulf buggy even though you're not allowed. Don't tell you mother. She's deaf as fuck. She won't here it anyway.
Speaker 2: Do you think maybe they had to be of an issue with you, I don't know, riding the golf buggy. If you catch my drift Sean being the golf buggy.
Speaker 3: Nah, Because when I came out as gay, she said to my uncle, who would single at the time, if you want to bring a boy home, that's okay with me. Oh and then you got a fucking girlfriend. Oh, she spite me having paved the way. So that's what I mean when I'm like, it's no secret that I'm gay. She's known for literally years totally. And so when she was so shocked that Seawan's a boy, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: God, oh no, beautiful story of love and yeah family, Yeah, can bring us all together, Jenny on your dementia journey. We will be here for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Who do you reckon? She'll forget first. I don't know, because you now, the short term memory tends to go first, but they remember oddly specific things. From their child. I've known Jennifer. I've got about three years on you. Yeah, that's true, true, Yeah, but they were the three years probably only.
Speaker 5: Two actually, I think about three.
Speaker 2: We met Jenna in.
Speaker 3: What's going on there?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Someone?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the computer, the moving themselves, someone.
Speaker 2: Has what are you doing? What are they doing?
Speaker 5: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: What are they doing? They're controlling the mouse, They're getting up red tube? What are they doing? Maybe we should just end.
Speaker 3: Quick, get the mouth and hit stop on the recording, because if.
Speaker 2: They okay, well say it, Mitchell, say that.
Speaker 3: We hope this podcast made you for at least two percent better to say that's all, so we do, let's get out of here. The fucking Oh, Thomas the tech he's fucking signing you.
Speaker 2: Note it's Thomas the tech Engine. It's Thomas stuff.
Speaker 3: That I need to hit stop on the recording. Bye, you need to love you catch your Wednesday? Stop it is it just me?
Speaker 5: A podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast