Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show Podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun anyway cool, this is off the.
Speaker 3: Dome Man base Tonete, Slap Babe, Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Show, Gold one, O four Binks three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, It's a Christian O'Connell show. Wednesday morning. Good morning, Patsy morning, Good morning, Jackie Boy.
Speaker 4: Morning guys.
Speaker 3: Today's day. It's finally here, the day we dreamed of two years ago. Backstreet Boys is tonight.
Speaker 4: It's March back, straight back Babe.
Speaker 3: Twenty four guys, Jack and I are taking twenty four guys. The stress on our producer Tom has actually laid his ill. It's for the best. There's a thought of trying to control those twenty four this day night in a pub before we can get anywhere near anywhere near from with Eve Arena.
Speaker 4: He was so worried about the people that we've invited getting drunk. And then I guess what was what did he think would happen? That we would go to the Backstreet Boys and they would be unruly and make a bad way because.
Speaker 3: The show make our way on stage or something, you know, doing mollything to get my thumb out like quarter to nine. I've got to line us. There's awesome.
Speaker 4: One of the first people ever to have a beer before a music gear.
Speaker 3: The every jage writers come along, I like, in their fifties, and they're not like nineteen twenty long with a Bucks night. Is it people who got like work tomorrow, responsibilities. They're not getting a ham much tonight. We're just going to fuck for a couple of beers. Anyway. Are you excited? I am?
Speaker 4: And is it true? Are we having a meal at the pubble?
Speaker 3: We only allowed snacks? Is it snake?
Speaker 4: I actually Bankle's asked me, you say, well, I be hoping didn't I said, I don't like it there?
Speaker 3: It's very nice. Why aren't we eat in the London? They do really nice food there. Keeping yeah, but they also do really snack What way should was just cheap?
Speaker 5: Too long to get all the main bes out twenty four guys, but we got plenty of brilliant snacks.
Speaker 3: Brilliant snacks all right, spooker made to you.
Speaker 4: I don't think because I away the bait. I remember, I actually don't know what snacks meant. Do I have to eat dinner then early and then have a snack or do I not eat dinner? Do I have a big lunch.
Speaker 3: It'll be like.
Speaker 4: Slideres, deeps, scooty board, you.
Speaker 2: Know, really mainly stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can feel.
Speaker 3: How was your dough yesterday, Jackie boy?
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been sitting in my own awkwardness overnight for yesterday bumping into somebody who I thought I knew from back in the day, and I waved enthusiastically hello, hey, And then as soon as I saw the look on her face, I realized I don't know theirs.
Speaker 3: She sees a half second flicker where it's like they're going to all the guests who's talking. Don't know you at all. We've never met, so she.
Speaker 4: Goes, oh, hey, I'm Kate.
Speaker 3: Have we met?
Speaker 4: I have to thought she was Danielle in the moment, and I should have just said no, we sorry, we haven't met. I'm mistaken identity.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know who.
Speaker 3: I would nevi take that option rather, because actually I'll be worry about saying I'm actually mad right now. I'm just wander around these corridors looking for people.
Speaker 4: What I did, which is so unfair to her, is pretended that I knew her, so I said, oh, yes, years ago.
Speaker 3: Now I did on the same thing, just created some strange story between us. We both know this is just b I don't know how to get out of this awkwardness, so let's just extend it.
Speaker 4: Just kept it broad enough that years ago I can't even remember now, but yes we met.
Speaker 3: It was a birthday party or the old place. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 4: Transferring what should be my award situation onto her And for the rest of the day she'll be like, where did I see feels so rude before?
Speaker 3: What would you have done, Patsy?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that's exhausting, continuing the lie and I'll say, oh, gosh, I've mistaken you for someone else.
Speaker 3: But you've got more like a Miss Marple energy, haven't you like a sort of like confused, old sort of lady around.
Speaker 1: My viewing goggles The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I'm coming with you and Jack tonight. I feel like a kid on Christmas Day. I've been wide away now for hours. Sign off on the O G O G. Looking forward to seeing you tonight. Do you know what, Sometimes guys, dreams do come true.
Speaker 4: Don't burn yourself out too early though, if you've been awake and stream.
Speaker 3: You'll be slumping all over that face planting into our sharkote board, which one more between twenty four of us. All right, time now for this alling's extra time waister. Your workout movies is the extra time time wastter today, which is the rear has found there is politicians of leader's favorite workout sorts. Okay, Obama, let's get it started. Black eyed peas energies, Almo Love will tell us apart shoy division.
Speaker 4: I mean no, I don't think of it worse. It's a great song. There's no way that you're getting your.
Speaker 3: No no, no, honold saunching a guy. It's raining men. The weather gods would not have called that. But it also feels entirely n all right, so you'll workout movies. Six pack cents I see obliques six pack cents of six cents, six six pack six packs six cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eight, I really didn't get it, get a silver silver. I was thinking of sixpence and under richer, and then I was like, are we doing bands?
Speaker 3: That is an obscure bear bands at eight thirty loopies. Now he's just not glute into you. You get better if you siplus for whom the kettle bell tolls. Gold Fitness, first Blood, Silver and squat women want gold. Oh right, Jackie boy, what's your workout movies?
Speaker 4: Being John Mussel Twitch after you do a few curls, Silva, the talented mister Dipley, Now that is better Gold dry fit Miss Daisy, she wants to wick away the sweat with one of those dry fit shirts.
Speaker 3: Someone's been to luder them on athletics recently. If you know you know gold.
Speaker 4: Protein wolf, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shaking your mouth for those big old buds. All right, what have you got? Workout movies?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Let's mark your time, waster extra time. We're looking for your workout movies. Jackie boy, you're ready to mark.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm a Lungeon, Indiana Jones and the Last Leg Press Gold Spider. That's very good. Plats of the Caribbean, Gold, Glutbusters Silver by Septenny or Man oh gold. An American werewolf does lunges of silver. That's Chris, the guy who's peaking too soon that this fall tails off. It's not looking good. Not another protein movie, silver pluss what on Steph you don't mess with the Zumba Gold people still zoombering Gold, Zumba.
Speaker 4: Sa Mac the weather class.
Speaker 3: I reckon they've got calendar invice for every two weeks. He's zoombering somewhere around Australia. Port Sam Matt weights on a plane Gold. That's very good, David twenty one Pump Street Silver, How how to personal train your Dragon? Silver, Crouching Tiger, Hidden, Dumbbell, Bronze, Yes, Burpie the Vampire Slayer Gold bench precedents of the United States of America. Movie No, it's a band named sil No. They've got confused planking Miss Daisy Silver, pass three men, a little burpee Gold and dude, where's my cardio?
Speaker 4: Gold?
Speaker 3: Alright?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell Show. I've noticed she brought some some leftovers in on the show today.
Speaker 4: So excited for a spaghetti bolonnaise round two. Let it settle overnight. We cooked that off. TikTok as our recipe book.
Speaker 3: All her recipe ideas now of TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So this guy's called That's what I reckon. He's actually great. He does cooking explanations, but he's also like a punk rock looking guy with studs.
Speaker 3: And like some sort of meat in the boss. Here about some new presenter. He's not actual past which was Billy Idol punk rock guy. Oh he's a chef, but he's got a chain around, isn't it? And he and he swears he's he's like even than that Chamie Oliver.
Speaker 4: It's like throw the carrots.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is why it's on TikTok and not SBS with Rick Stein. I like it.
Speaker 4: Rick Stone saw some more. But anyway, but we so we cooked. We cooked the spaghetti. BILLI days off TikTok last night and he.
Speaker 3: Tell me this, what did he have, the punk rock chef? Because I love a spag ball. But there must be new ways you can do.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, it has milk in it, which I've never done before, but says yes is the Italian way to as sotimes.
Speaker 3: They put some dark cocoa chocolate in that must be at least eighty percent co cola.
Speaker 4: We did not put any.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's a chame over. When I saw how did it taste?
Speaker 4: He was delicious And during the meal I kept saying, oh my god, this is so nice and Bank kept saying over and over again, Oh but wait, let it wait a day. What the leftover sitt in the fridge are only going to marinate and get better. And it's true that spaghetti bolonnaise must be almost at the top of the tree foods that taste better the next day.
Speaker 3: It's something about how old is it? Is it still marinading or something.
Speaker 4: It's like sits in itsel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to have some of that as well. Do you know? And tell you that I've got two ideas for restaurants. One is called TV dinners, where you turn up alone or with the mate, and you pick your food. Then you go and sit in a booth by yourself with somebody else and you watch whatever TV show you want.
Speaker 4: I would love that.
Speaker 3: I actually was pitched that to Gordon Ramsey afterwards. He was actually sort of going through how it would work. And it's not the dumbest ideas for a restaurant.
Speaker 4: So it's the whole restaurant watching the same TV. Woll okay, you just turn on TV and something different.
Speaker 3: You're just going a little booth and it could be you and your mate and we'll watch go to your favorite Seinfeld episodes. And then you eat together and it's on your lap.
Speaker 4: I would even do that with my wife because sometimes when we're tired, you know, you go out to a restaurant, you know, a lot to talk about the job a week, there's no the other week.
Speaker 3: Please tell me you don't want to talk to me right now, I just want to watch TV.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love TV dinners as an idea.
Speaker 3: But the other one is reheats where everything you're you're just ordering from the menu. So I've got Lasania from last Friday, I got a pizzam last night. It's just margarite and what people didn't eat the night. Yeah. Yeah, I mean obviously I've got some high gien issues. And that's why I haven't got any investors so far on that one, last twenty years of trying to get some seed money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe you see, maybe you can go up to like a Bay Marie type thing where you pick out of the tupperwars and you're like.
Speaker 3: Everything is tupperware, and everything, even the seats and tables are all touperware. Anyway, perass, what food do you think tastes better than next day?
Speaker 2: Definitely my pasta salad that I was talking about last week. All it's got is thousand island dressing in it with salad.
Speaker 3: Salad does not. This does loses it it's structure. It gets all sort of floppy.
Speaker 2: And this remains firm because I cooked the pasta perfectly, but it just again it marinades and gets better.
Speaker 3: Not pastor will absorb the oil.
Speaker 4: And from memory, you said three days, yes, three days long.
Speaker 3: It's like sweating. You're gonna sweat off for three days.
Speaker 2: No, you haven't tasted. I'll bring something, please.
Speaker 3: Don't or what foods taste better the next day?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, you should totally have nat from That's what I reckon on the show. I think you'd a door him in his outlook on the world. Jacksons are telling me a bit more about. We're talking about what foods tastes really nice the next day when you reheat them. And Jack's got this spag ball that he had last night. That's what I saw from a recipe on TikTok. And my wife is obsessed at the moment only watching these TikTok recipes. I think, can we finally throw out we must have about twenty of these dusty old cookbooks, and I mean like early two thousands, Jamie Oliver when he was a young, a young ripper. You know, we my wife was an investor, I.
Speaker 4: Think because he promised us fifteen minute meals and there's no way you can get that done in fifteen minutes hour, So we lost trust in all.
Speaker 3: Yes stuff, that's right. Whereas now I think it must be very hard for like cookbooks, because even when I google it, I always just google usipe. Now you get those great ones. Unfortunately, you do have to sit aside for an hour to.
Speaker 4: Listen to the history of the strolling.
Speaker 3: It takes ages find that jumps to recipe, Like why don't we all just want to jump to recipe?
Speaker 4: But this guy on TikTok called that, and that's what I reckon. And he's kind of a punk rock chef comedian and he does beautiful food. The spag bowl we had last night was delicious.
Speaker 3: All right. Here's some of this guy.
Speaker 4: A hot tip for breaking up mince. It's us a whisk.
Speaker 6: It breaks it up evenly. Don't if it sticks to the bottom a bit. Once we bung the wine and then I'll sort that out. You can put time and you can put a couple of things in, put the whole thing in.
Speaker 4: So you know you're going to have a strong stomach to.
Speaker 3: Because we're in eighteen fifty on Pilgrim FMF. I've also shot stuff in the world. Okay, pasta jack. You need a strong stomach some of these bombs. Feeling a bit sick. In the TikTok Man stop.
Speaker 6: I'm going to put about one hundred and fifty to two hundred grams of pan cheddar in there. You can put bacon in there, as long as the bacon or panchettar isn't zucchini searing.
Speaker 3: Christian coal sausages taste better the next day, especially when sneaking them from the fish. They tell taste absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 4: It can't beat a sausage off the barbecue.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think as well. I actually don't think pizza ages very well either.
Speaker 2: Depends how you cook it. If you put it in the air fryar, I never thought.
Speaker 3: About have it straight away low it's been left on the side.
Speaker 4: No, No, it brings pizza back to life.
Speaker 3: You'll be sho It's like attaching the paddles.
Speaker 4: Risen from the cold.
Speaker 3: Had it cold dead like a Oh my god, brave. What a time to be alive in the bank street boys tonight, Amanda. What's it for you? What's what food is better the next day?
Speaker 5: Nothing be homemade rice?
Speaker 3: O your own.
Speaker 5: I love bacon, spring onions, peas, corn and that Asian sweet and sour sauce. By the time it's fasty into the rice and you reheat it the next day, it's just delic Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anything with rice like a curry as well, like curry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like having a slice of bread. You don't need the slice of bread you just used to rice. Is that kind of soaker upper like a riicy sponge? And are you making this and then eating it a little bit so away or you're just making it for the next day, So.
Speaker 5: I make it then to the next day. So I just took yeah, cook it, just say on a Monday and we'll have.
Speaker 7: It on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Whilst I see that bulbur I don't understand therow.
Speaker 4: He liked that experiment they do with children where they say you can have one marshmallow.
Speaker 3: Now are grabbing the bag? Amanda? Thank you very much. You're cool.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast, Oh wow.
Speaker 3: This is the good news we needed. Jack. Before today's show, Jack was like, I just have a quick Google search what the Backstreet Boys were like last night on stage they played last night. I said, no, no, no, just in case you get some sort of bitchy reviewer, you know, trying to say we don't need that.
Speaker 4: In effect, if they got one star, it will suck.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know. I want to I want to feel the magic tonight. Christian, just want to let you know. Just turned on the show. I went last night to the Backstreet Boys and it was bloody brilliant.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is what we needed.
Speaker 3: I have no words how damn amazing it was. I've been a fan of my entire life, absolutely love them so much they were last night. It's a big show. You'll really enjoy the boys' night out. That's from Claire.
Speaker 4: Love that, Claire.
Speaker 3: That is such great news. We can all get even more excited about tonight, which isn't even impossible. Guys, all right, six word weekend? How is everyone's week going so far? Patsy, how would you tell us about your week so far? And six words?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Dad is Himie from Get Smart. I don't know if you ever watch Get smart check when you're a kid.
Speaker 4: I know, he walks through all the different special doors and.
Speaker 2: That's but he's he's a robot, isn't it. You know they open up his chest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a robot.
Speaker 2: He's a robot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all those powers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I had to take Dad to the heart specialist yesterday just for a check up. Remember he had a pacemaker, Yeah, pacemaker put in.
Speaker 3: My mum's got one, and she's sure that they because I didn't realize they hooked up to some remote service.
Speaker 2: It's insane. So he's got a box.
Speaker 3: Beside right, he actually sleeps less with this paper. She's convinced that someone's mucking around with it.
Speaker 4: The Russians are hackta right somewhere the UK.
Speaker 3: I went, there's that guy. There's not one person per pacemaker for everyone in the United Kingdom, like in a giant call center. Have you got Jenny O'Connell tonight. Don't forget we were school with exactly one seventeen am.
Speaker 4: Just start giving it the like when you try to log into your neighbor's WiFi.
Speaker 2: I've got a facemaker instead.
Speaker 3: So how's dad getting on with it?
Speaker 2: It's honestly, it is absolutely phenomenal. He says, he doesn't even know he's got it, and he's really really well, which is great. But taking him to the doctor. Doctor doesn't even have to touch him do now like jack.
Speaker 3: Him up like they do, and the you have to have a good look around it and get in the back of it or something. Is he like a Teddy Bear? I got like a little poppers behind the.
Speaker 2: Chest, not even like a tune up with your car. He just opened this. Doctor just opened up his laptop, and I'm thinking, I.
Speaker 3: Want to see that. We know laptops crash or someone can't get into a parcel. That was it my favorite team mother's maiden.
Speaker 4: Name Sight as a guest Pet Pet's first name.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: Nobody just opens up the laptop and does a few tweaks, he said. I think we'll tweak this, Simill tweak that. AND's just sitting there. I'm thinking he self combusts. But it's just such amazing technology. And they clock into it at like three every morning, which.
Speaker 3: Must be Oh that's on mum's experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a point when.
Speaker 2: You mention whether your body is fully rested.
Speaker 3: At that point starts adjusting your heart remotely from somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just incredible. And he's got this laptop and he's like in charge of my dad's heart. It's just increable.
Speaker 3: My mum's used as an excuse, right, My mom's never come to Australia, right, and I keep saying please come out right, We'll give her now. She's got the pacemaker. It's like it would affect the aircraft. Maybe someone told of that, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's like when they tell you to turn your pone into airplane mode, you'll have to turn off your We will reanimate you when.
Speaker 1: We land The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: On a Wednesday, middle of the week, we'd like to ask you how was your week going so far? You're winning or losing? How do you sum up your week so far as six words? You can text them to us on four seven five one O four to three. Matt's having a great week. He had had job interview Monday, got the job yesterday. Really really great news. My six word week so far? Backstreet Boys Boys Night Diary Clash. Yeah, can you believe this?
Speaker 4: You have to come tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm there, Jack, Im there physically. My heart will be at home. My daughter been away for ten days at university. This is the first time she's back on tonight when she announces, yesterday evening, I over here, my wife changed to like back Street Boys. This Backstreet Boys. It really been a strange day yesterday. She broke her toe Monday night as part of O week trink was involved. Right, there's a lot gone on. She broke a relationship up on Monday night and then later on the evening broke her toe. All this, Oh yeah, I can we just slow it down? You know, where are we going with this for the next time I get to fifty. I don't think I can cover this in April and with your daughter and the boy twenty four dudes and the Backstreet Boys? Could that be any weirdo? You know when you finally think, of course, it was going to always be like this one emotional charge night. So she said, oh, don't worry, maybe I could fit in brunch tomorrow. You can't catch up properly with your beloved daughter over a brunch. And now she says, squeeze. She says, he's got forty five minutes? Are we daddy?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like I actually been fired as a dad now on some sort of consultant who comes in occasionally to sort of assess things and give you some feedback and and go, who cares. I'm there, jack But if you see me staring off during those beautiful ballads, you know what I'm thinking about that beautiful brunch that I'm allowed for forty five minutes. No time for menus, Jackie boy, how's your six word? Weeks? So far?
Speaker 4: As would be that we discovered our range hood goes nowhere in our no. We moved into December, into this new house, and anytime we cook, it does get really smoky in the kitchen, setting off the smoke alarm a couple of times in the hallway. Then I opened the cupboard above where I thought the range hood vented out into a wall or v and go out the roof. It just goes nowhere.
Speaker 3: So it's just a effects.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it's doing.
Speaker 3: It's it just looks nice in the kitchen. Haven't that hurt?
Speaker 4: It's still like you can turn it on so the fan sucks in, but I don't know where it's sucking to nowhere?
Speaker 3: Right, Okay? There must be other things that people discover when you move into a new home because you don't know about that when you're looking around it. You look at it all and see the potential and go, this is great near schools.
Speaker 4: It can whether it's a rental or something you're buying. You can look up and down. But you can't check everything in the house. You tell me, you check the way the range would vents out to in the house you buy.
Speaker 3: I remember years ago we bought a family home and we've got it, and then obviously, like you move in, it takes you a while to find everything that doesn't work, not all the stuff that works. It's more about that, just sending list of stuff. They're like, God, damn it, is this why they moved rather than shack we now own anyway, I remember being they had this old like like an old sort of haunted very low eves attic. I went up there, right by that sort of big old water tank. A load of adult men's magazines. Now I mean a lot of periodicals, like a mini library of jazz magazines. Let's just say I were staggered with you. Man, that right, you're gonna have to bring them down. I went bring up the oven glove. I don't want to be touching these bring up the Mitt and the born met. What do you discover when you moved into your home?
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Tonight Our Backstreet Boys Boys Nights Out. We took him out. When you move into a new place, sort of exciting, what it's going to become, a new home, new memories. After a while you start realizing this after stuff doesn't work that no one told you about, it's now your problem. So what did you discover when you moved in? Jack, You've just experienced in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we wondered why it was so smoky in the kitchen when we cooked, and it's because our range hood doesn't vent anywhere. The cupboards above it are just cupboards, and they stop it. There's no pipe into the wall, no pipe into the roof, no venting whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I'm now wondering our kitchen gets smoky. But I've got that extractor hood on. I don't know. Actually, I can't guarantee where that goes.
Speaker 4: Try and follow it and see if it goes into a wall, or if even if there's a e vent on the outside of the house.
Speaker 3: Uh, Christian, can you ask Jack how long you survived this long? Some range heads are recirculating types. That is that right? No dodging on the outside. These require a charcoal filter to work properly. If the filter is missing or full of muck, then that's why it's it's not clearing properly and coming back into the room. Okay, google them model and make for a PDF manual. Thank you, Rollie Wally.
Speaker 4: It is a robin Hood three thousand come back.
Speaker 3: To Okay, So you're keep telling me they're not, Siri, we can't keep thinking. What did you discover when you moved in? Good morning, Tash, Good morning, how are you? I'm good Tash, welcome to the show. Thanks for goingness call. And what did you discover when you moved into a new place.
Speaker 9: We moved into an house that an elderly gentleman had died him and all through the back yard was just playing grass that underneath it all was bottles, empty bottles, speer bottles, wine bottles, champagne bottles everywhere.
Speaker 3: And it shows that he was having like schoolies in his last few days. Why not? Why not if you know it's coming party till the.
Speaker 4: I think it's just an old house thing. When we were digging up our backyard in coburg down the side of the house. I want to say, we're one hundred buried bottles. I think it was a time before recycling. Maybe they just buried bottles in their backs.
Speaker 3: Kidding me.
Speaker 4: There were Sostranian's plant boosts.
Speaker 3: A country going to sew my own vegetable market garden, just plant empty red wine bottles. Amazing scenes, Tash, thank you very much to call. Let's go to Laura now, morning, Laura.
Speaker 7: Morning Christian team.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 3: We go Laura and Laura, what did you discover in a new home?
Speaker 7: So we discovered that we actually had purchased an ex grow house.
Speaker 3: What what's that you're going to have to what's an ex grow house?
Speaker 7: They were growing illegal Oh, I.
Speaker 3: Say, gotcha now hydroponics and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So we.
Speaker 7: Bought this house thinking we had a stucked heating system and went to turn out our heater and discovered that our vents actually weren't connected through anything. We could see straight to the ground, lifted up the vents and sure enough there was dirt and we're like, hey, not a minute, that's that's not right. And husbands got underneath the house and discovered that not a single event had actually been connected back to the house.
Speaker 4: But why does that make it an illegal drug growing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't, I don't.
Speaker 7: They had been growing in every single room. They had utilized every bit of space.
Speaker 2: People rent out houses to put their crops in its.
Speaker 4: Way, so they were growing it under the house on the ground.
Speaker 7: Yes, so they had been stashing the stuff that like there, I imagine the sprinkler systems and everything.
Speaker 3: We're very wide feeling Jack and I. We're not kno going We.
Speaker 4: Keep saying it, Laura, like we do, like the ducks are missing, you know, plants that those teenagers laugh.
Speaker 7: Well, it was literally like everything that we turn around, there was something. There was evident of it.
Speaker 3: We you don't admire the productivity on some level, no.
Speaker 7: Waste of space, just gone through everything days, Everything we touched was crumbling and we were like, come on, what's going on here? And we discovered that on the back of our bedroom door it had riding on it from.
Speaker 3: The police and I didn't know they leave messages for you on the bedside table.
Speaker 4: It just summons to appear in court. It's a door, this door.
Speaker 3: Once we get this door talking such well, have them not going on this mind blowing for Jack and I. Well we Laura, thank you much. You call Catherine. Good morning, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 11: How are you.
Speaker 3: We're being educated at the moment this morning educated Katherine. What did you discover?
Speaker 12: Well, we moved into our home and I started to wipe down shelves in the walking wardrobe and on the very top shelf at the very far back corner founder Valentine's card, and it was we knew the name of the previous owners, and this one was addressed to the mail owner with some very very saucy suggestions about what the writer wanted to do with him. But the writer wasn't his wife.
Speaker 3: So you had a good old reason all the relevant characters wanting it all out.
Speaker 12: We figured that's why they the previous owner's divorced and we got the house check right, This is all right?
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Message is still coming in what you discovered when you moved into a new home. My husband and I just moved into our first home together four weeks ago. We learned the hard way that the whole house had been treated of termites when our eight inch TV fell off the wall along with the beams it was attached to. Oh more than that is rough Christian. We bought a house and phrases. We're trying to work out why there was why there was an intercon system in every single room and two spa, bar, sauna, et cetera throughout the place. Turn out used to be a house of Oh, house of love, very open. It's just like a swinging good time. Hence why there's intercomm into every single room.
Speaker 4: What if they use the intercom for of this show.
Speaker 3: Next? It's like swimming when your band comes up and you've got to get out the poll and let somebody else in. I would imagine, I don't know. We know a lot about that, a lot less about the growhouse anywhoy right now, then it's not related to what we're just talking about. We on Monday Show, we heard so many stories when you were trying to relocate Jack's TV remote control with Jack after his eleven month old son had hidden it under the fridge. And we're getting a lot of stories about kids and babies when they put stuff into things where it shouldn't go. So we don't just want the baby stories of babies doing destruction whatever. But basically we call in this. Just hear me out here. That's not where it goes. I couldn't even say the gas, right, that's not where it goes. Okay, it's not farign objects, because that's gonna get stories that we can't have. It's something going in the place it shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Be, an object where it shouldn't be, an.
Speaker 3: Object where it shouldn't be. That's what we're looking for your stories about that. Now here's an lovely innocent one from Craig Christian. In nineteen eighty eight, I was working on call from home with the Victoria Police breathalyzer squad what's some called. I had the police breathalyzer unit at home ready to attend any police station that a should have been called out for. So I'm guessing in nineteen eighty eight they didn't have the handheld things you see now. If you see there's a photo he is attached of a great big it looks like a printer.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wow.
Speaker 3: They breathe into that, put the head in it.
Speaker 4: I think a tube comes out of the top of a straw.
Speaker 3: Right. Unknown to me, my four year old son somehow muched a small fork through the security sealed or the breathalyzer and into this very expensive instrument. It was due for service, but the police forensic science lab members said they found the fork and asked me how it got there. I said, my son was a bit of a bugger. They were all as to how he got the fork stuck in the first place. They're also concerned about the ramifications of a false breath test if anyone used the instrument. There were shot that no one was electrocuted as well, because it always went into a live plug. The story was related to each following breathalyzer course training manual to prevent it happening again. My son became infamous for this antique.
Speaker 4: At the general meeting, they were like, and do not, please, do not put a fork into this machine.
Speaker 3: We call this the Craig Spicer, son of Spicer moment. All right, so that's not where it goes. What are your stories things being where they shouldn't be. Yes, let's see what we get. Hey, alright, let's dance.
Speaker 1: Stepped to the Christian All Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian earlier talking about what he discovered when he moved into a new home. We moved into a new home last year. Eventually we got around to digging up the backyard, and we found all these headstones buried there, which turned out to be from a cemetery about one hundred and fifty yards away. Oh, someone told me right that over years and years and years, the body's buried in a cemetery. As ground is constantly moving, but a very very slow rate, the bodies will move and go from the cemetery.
Speaker 4: Yes, someone how they explained it to me. Think of a river, but moving really slowly over Yeah, that's how rocks move from from house to house.
Speaker 3: A glacial pace. But over time the body slip under our Yes, sleep, it doesn't. If you look you saw it, you wouldn't see it. But they're moving eyelash here suddenly they're in the draining system, looking up at you.
Speaker 4: Don't look down the shower drain.
Speaker 3: I ever looked down there. Yeah, anyway, kids don't have nightmares. What are you talking about? Oh yeah, that's right. Nine one o four three. Let's go to Jesse here. Good morning, Jesse, Good morning, Christian, how a mate, I'm good mate. So that's not where it goes. What's your story?
Speaker 13: So I've just taken the boss's new little rental car and she sent me to Ika with her credit card to go buy something for her, and I had nowhere to put the credit card, so I thought, it looks like it'll fit in there, and tried to just stick it just into the ceed slot, and it just sucked right in. And I had a mind a heart attack, knowing how difficult it is to pull cars apart, and thought, maybe I'm going to shred this radio and not know what happened. And I thought my only chance is to press the eject button, and I did and it just went and just come straight back out.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, that is good. You got lucky there, but a few seconds there. You're right, life is on. Hold.
Speaker 13: I've pulled one out of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did it. Hold on, Jesse, great story, well told, Thank you very much, don't you It's got a coarending Good morning counter and that's not supposed to go there. What's your story?
Speaker 14: Yeah, guys, I was meant to do. I was doing a presentation in front of about twenty people, and I put my hand into my work bag to pull out my laptop and I pulled out a chopping board.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing you're not part of the presentation boards.
Speaker 14: It wasn't a cooking presentation. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was very awkward.
Speaker 14: Yeah it was. Yeah, what had happened? I was working on the presentation of the night before. Put the laptop down on top of the chopping board. Next morning, just picked it up and put it in my bag. That morning, brain the chopping board with Yeah, put the chopping board.
Speaker 13: I thought I'd.
Speaker 14: Gotten away with it. I tried to slide the chopping board, yes, like I tried to slide the chopping board back in and I looked up and there's twenty pairs of eyes looking at me, and there's all stakeholders, and I just went, oh, that's not meant to be there. And this guy actually said from the back of the room, we're actually providing lunch today. You didn't have to make it.
Speaker 4: You should roll with it, like some sort of ted talk, Like business is a lot like a chopping ball.
Speaker 3: Yes, about those mistakes. The obstacle is the way. The chopping ball is the way forward. Cow. That's a great story, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian.
Speaker 3: My nanny used to live right next door to the cemetery in Warningball. She's buried in it now, so I guess she'd be returning home eventually. Patrick. Yeah, yeah, it all comes around.
Speaker 4: When she starts sailing under the ground way Eve as she goes by. Just had a call from Owen, who grew up in a country town. The cemetery was over the back fence, and he said, our outhouse was right on the back fence. So in the middle of the night, if you needed to pee, you down towards the cemetery.
Speaker 3: I would not make that journey. No ways. Scene from a horror movie, Christian, that's not supposed to go there, That's not where it goes. I have two twin younger brothers, and when we were kids, my grandfather couldn't work out why the old school vcrcts but in the videos back out the snot taking it to the repair man. Those repair men don't really exist anymore. Today. Stuff will just last, but you never got replaced with new stuff. It was continue being patched up and repaired by the local. Every suburb had the repair man. There was the old light washing machines. If you would go in, there was an Aladdin's cave of like pugs. Everything. What happened to that the whole industry is went under that Sad took it to the video repair man, who took the top of revealed two week bicks, four teaspoons and several board broad beans as well. That's a hell of a stash in there, all right. Something we've been triaving about for about two years is now tonight we're got so.
Speaker 7: Right right.
Speaker 3: Call one four night. Two years ago, Jack and I start to get excited when we heard that the Backstreet Boys, the King of the nineties, were coming to Melbourne. Then they got delayed with COVID. Is finally here it's tonight. Last night was their opening night, rod lavering it. Apparently they were amazing. According to one of you comphan who was there, we're taking about twenty of you tonight man dragons all assembling in the part beforehands far Backstreet Boys Boys nights out. The good news is we've kept a couple of last slots available. They are open now. So Backstreet Boys fans, guys, you call in getting your your daughters or your mom, or your wife or your girlfriend to give us a call own your Backstreet Boys love like we are tonight We're coming out. Are you coming with us? There's room for one or two more dragons nine four one four one o four three p. Jessica, this has given me the food that they can also have tonight. Yes, large grazing platter, one large platter of squid. They've been given like too much squid recently. It's going to a pub asking for squid because before a D's game. Don't worry, guys, before we go back to the nineties, we remember the food of the nineties was squid.
Speaker 4: Everybody, grab a tentacle and let's get down.
Speaker 3: Platters of mixed pastries and bowls of chips. This is all what you get before even see the amazing Backstreet Boys tonight.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Kristian, I went to the Backstreet Boys last night. They were amazing. Natalie also there. Kristian, I went to the Backstreet Boys concert last night. It was incredible.
Speaker 10: Just one.
Speaker 3: If there's any chance you'll get me a program, there was a large q yester evening, happy to give you the thirty bucks through Natalie. I'll try. If I remember, I will try and get Natalie a program tonight that is old school. Make sure we get a copy of the program as little memento. Okay, so we have our last few tickets to come and join us tonight on our Backsley boys Boys' night out. Good evening, Christian has came in yester evening from Terrence Bartlett TV. You obviously require someone would have age and class to keep an eye on you, Jack and the others. I'm sixty seven, well traveled and even survived. He had me at this a volcanic eruption.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm just checking our list. We don't have any volcano survivors there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've had so many stories, haven't we from the old volcano survivors over the years. I have four adult children and six seem to be grandchildren. What about giving an old football and basketball lover an opportunity? Terry Bartlett's volcano volcano is him? Will you erupt tonight? Now we have a live of you. Actually, Evander's on the line, Young Evander on the way to school. Who I think was there last night at the opening night, Rod Labor Evander? Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How have you been?
Speaker 3: I mean very well of avand a you sound very well. Happy new year? Yea?
Speaker 11: Oh thank you Happy New Year to you too.
Speaker 3: So were you there alone or with some mates?
Speaker 11: Or oh last night I went there with my mom. So my dad bought us tickets about two years ago before you know, COVID struck everyone, and so we just went last night. And it was absolutely an incredible experience worth the way, Yeah, very much worth the way.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And did did mum like it as well?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: She loved it.
Speaker 11: She was up in her toes.
Speaker 3: And had you heard any of the songs before? A Vanda or We were just happy to go along with mum.
Speaker 11: No, I had heard some of them before. But you know what, the songs that weren't as popular were still really good. I really liked the new album.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, this is a great You might might be our new music review on the show.
Speaker 4: Although that does worry me a bit. New album? Are they doing new stuff?
Speaker 11: It was the new DNA album, so they had it was kind of like all the old and new music combined together to make like one final that's a bit naughty.
Speaker 3: To don't mix it in with the old stuff, left stuff. Okay, what time were they doing that new stuff? Just so we can work out when it's actually try to go home?
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 11: It was more towards the middle stub. Good songs were towards the middle and end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where we'll go get the progress.
Speaker 3: Evander. Lovely to hear it from you and my friend. Have a good day school awesome.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Christian, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Always love you, Chuchye Luke, good morning. You fancy coming tonight? Good morning, Good morning, Luke. Yeah, we well so excited about tonight. We've just recruited one more man Dragon Volcano. Luke. Could you be joining us tonight, you guys.
Speaker 10: I'm with you guys on the new material front. I'll be in a lot of trouble if if it occupies most of the night.
Speaker 3: Okay, come and join us down Luky boy, you can be in the again. I was thinking to you, thinking is this a story? Because I was just I was looking for a sizling Sorry, jack knows your story. It wasn't sure whether knowing Jackson, this was the moment. Sorryke, what is your story for us? About you and the back?
Speaker 10: A long long time ago I used to secretly listen little bit of music like this. It's been a while, but a friend and I we made the Jenny to the shopping center and picked up a single which at that point was as long as You Love Me and we were so proud about that we kept it inside the sanity paper bag. At that point, we took public transport to and from and we had a group of thug boys, about ten of them, come and sit in and around us on the bus seat, and their eyes progressively wandered to the bag, the entity bag, and one of them, probably toothless well pierced with an ear expander, said.
Speaker 3: What did you get? And we looked at each other and we you know, when you.
Speaker 10: Can make that kind of avatar connection, you're looking at each other in the eyes and you're saying, oh man, we're we're in trouble there. And my friend just shouted out after a new tool single and he went right on Joel and we both just sat there and held our breaths twenty seconds, hoping that he wouldn't ask to see it, because obviously it was Thanks very Boddy. So this is a bit of a throwback to that. But also i'd love I love a night out. The lads got two young kids, don't get.
Speaker 3: Out much him. You need to come along. You deserve a night out as well. Nickname for you insanity, Okay, bring insanity tonight, Insanity. You're in luky boy, We'll see you there well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: It is March the first today, which means footies back this month, which is a reason to be cheerful. And this is the moment right where footy fans, even though maybe you didn't have the season you felt that you deserved last year and your team gave you, You've still got hope, right, It's all ahead of you. It's potential, the wins that the close losses, like really close losses, maybe you're going to make Maybe this year it will be your year.
Speaker 4: Potential for downtrodden teams like essen has been a lot, not a lot of success in the last ten years. We actually lived for this time of the season because hope is all we really have.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, there's something new can come along. So the lifeblood of footy in this country right is really the young fans, Because the young fans the one at an early age when you really are they like your first loves, really your team, your bands, they really are. It's the highlight of your weekend, hanging out with relatives. You've probably been fans of that club as well, going to games and if you're been lucky you know, all gathering around you in the finals and a grand final for your team. Families have got stories about where you've been over the years, and generations of where you've been during grand final games. You remember the great ones in the moments. It starts at a young age is when we become a fans. You've got that young, wide eyed super passion, right you dream that the next game, the next game will be the one for your team. They're too good. So we've got something for you guys, because you actually we are the next generations of fans. You'll be the ones aren't when your son Gordon is a couple of years older. I bet you're looking forward to to taking them until a game.
Speaker 4: I can't wait. Actually it isn't it perfectly poised to have success in about five years time when you really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It's a long range, five year plan. So what we want to do then we're calling this mini motivators and what we want the young fans, whether you're a teenager, fifteen or sixteen, oil eight or nine, you can't wait for the start of this season. We want you actually to record your rev up speech, a pump up speech if you were this weekend or next week before round one starts. If you were to walk into room and all your favorite players are there and they're wearing your jumper shirt, what actually would you say to them? Right? You'd let them know maybe what a fan you were, and how you hope this year. You hope for more that they can rise to bigger heights and forget about last year. That's the past. It's all about what's to come. This season is going to be your season, and I think a mini motivated coming in but have a really big impact on them. It reminds them of when they first got to playing footy. They'd reconnect that fire in them and that's what they need right now. They need their fires to be lit. The players, your players, they need you. They need the mini motivators. By now, they've had all the coaches, they've had all the psychologists, they're relatives saying this season, you know, focus, do this a bit differently. They need something different, which is why I think, actually the mini motivators are very important this season. So we really want you to record your rev up speech now. Rev Up reminds me of a song by Josh Grobin, You lift Me Up.
Speaker 8: You find the foy. You you why, but your voice is mighty.
Speaker 7: You rev them.
Speaker 8: So they can win the fly.
Speaker 3: That is beautiful. You've remmed us all up with that. So mini motivators, here's how it works. First of all, let me tell you about the great prize for or the best one we get own next collow weeks and the mini motivators. So we need to do. Mom and dad can help brothers and sisters, the whole family get around the mini motivator in your family. I bet you can think of some on right now with your son or your daughter who is a mad keen Dogs fan and we want to see them be passionate on camera. Or if they don't wan to do it on camera, you can just do it on an audio. To begin with, go to the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. The best one we get you get home and away, membership to the club your club, and you also get a thousand dollars to spend at the AFL store as well. All right, good luck, minimotivators, Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au. Your team needs you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Today our time wast we're looking for your clumsy bands. Who is on stage a clumsyfest Graze against the machine. Oh we left that bloody thing there right in a shin.
Speaker 4: You know, thats so much silver.
Speaker 3: John Cougar fell at Camp Gold.
Speaker 4: It's easy to trip over those ten.
Speaker 3: Johnny hauling your clumsy oaths broke my vase, pa them clumsy and shared his fingers right off. He's got no fingers anymore, just shared.
Speaker 4: Them, boy, silly boy, Bronze.
Speaker 3: Okay, jacket, you got clumsy mans?
Speaker 4: Wo's the pet drop boys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the double guinea Pig, Silver.
Speaker 4: Fall down boy, no animal work, no unco cracker, heated Bronze and the von Tripp family.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's gold. He got gold in the end. Right, What have you got then? Double pass to blues Fest Texas Your clumsy bands? Oh four seven five O three one O four.
Speaker 1: Three Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your clumsy bands today, Clumsy bands. James has got Lana Fela Gold, very good, strong start fell over boy too much like Martin Bronze. Sorry, Clyde Blink, I lost my shoe? Think I lost my shoe? The stumbling wheelbrees, Oh no, they's spilt shimming over the big old slipped over knot silver, bruise, Springsteen, gold ben fell five times. That's so subtle. I like it, Anthony Michael hurt my backs bronze. So I thought the boys at Adriatic Stone working as a team. Ac whoopsie silver Ac Gray's knee better gold, isn't it? I'm Richard beasting gees comesy bronze to just turb her nest the finger Bruce, Yes.
Speaker 4: Gold, we send the bruise too many bruce ones now.
Speaker 3: Silver twisted ankle, sister gold fall and oats fall. Who wore it better anyway? Fleetword my back silver, electric lights, electricution, butt of fingers instead of powder finger silver plus pearl, jammer finger gold some fumbler womba sounds a bit dodgy. It's really good as good as it that is from Mark Lockwords slipping and smashing pumpkins, Bronze, the felling the river band you be needing forty stitches silver broken, Toto, Toto, Toto spit ends he's done much. There there comes Taylor, not so swift. That person put had the decency to put sorry about that one sor right. Giordan's okay uh and nice light one to end went radio head wound.
Speaker 1: Oh Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian and the Team. Lovely email from con here, Christian. I tried so many times last week to win tickets to join you and Jack tonight at the Backsia Boys Night Out. So in the end I went and brought tickets to me and my better half last night. I tell you what, it was an amazing night. He goes, You're gonna love it. Guys. This is so nice. The boys night is going to go off. You'll be blowing away by the energy, the science, the sound off Backstreet Boys tonight. It got a handle to them. For five individuals who had just around my age. They put me to shame. Guys. The moves are there, the hits are there, the white costumes are still there. Enjoy tonight.
Speaker 4: Can't wife for it. And thank you to everybody who's been trying to win tickets over the last two weeks. Sorry that it hasn't as well. We had lots of women calling up, but women can't come to the boys night out.
Speaker 3: Patsy's doing a girl's night thing in a couple of weeks time, so should be got to do that.
Speaker 4: I saw a Billboard this morning for the perfect girl's night out. And maybe it's a big act coming to rod Laver Arena. Maybe Patsy can take the ladies out. What is it for a night of women with Wu tang Oh?
Speaker 3: My god, ladies with tang Oh who? That'd be great coming this may you love ghost Face killer method. This is like put this in the news at nine. This is incredible. All right, tomorrows show then full review of the Backstreet Boys Boys Nights Out. Also, because it's Thursday, you're heading into the weekend. You want some pump up stuff as well. You sell cemetry stories. That's what we all want after a gig, you know, maybe a little bit tired. How do we cheer ourselves up just hearing your stories? Anything to do his cemetriies after day, so much fun, wondering if corpses moved over the years down the road, like you might be at seven eleven and find Uncle Arthur there. You know he's moved down the road. And also then we launched it today Mini motivators. If you're under eighteen, you're a super keen footy fan, how would you go in and motivate your team over the next couple of weeks before round one. That's what we're asking you can do. You can find out more at the Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Check it out today The Christian O'Connell Show podcast