Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms daily podcast.
Speaker 2: It's Flex and Rooms back for your daily podcast catch up. I almost wish it was seven days because sometimes on the weekend, I know, for me personally, I run out of content to consume on the weekend. So I've done all my daily potties. I've done them. There's nothing fresh coming out. I'm just rinsing and repeating, hoping TikTok showing something fresh, new and fun. And YouTube has been dry. I don't know if you on YouTube I am. It's not much there.
Speaker 1: But I've been listening to the same song unlock It, unlock it, better off alone. It's the mix of lock it, lock it, lock lock, lock it. Oh, she's locked. The iPad, the bootleg iPad that Caita has given us, has been shut to rooms down on the floor.
Speaker 2: I told you that because of COVID, I got clumsy. Like you'll know that. I'm constantly dropping things. That's not me.
Speaker 1: It is though, Bixby Brain, Bixby Brain.
Speaker 2: I've done. I've leveled up, got XP. This is the new breed of Flex. He's clumsy. I think it makes me feel more human. Actually, it's like a software fault. Yes, need an upgrade. I think I had it. I think this is like I'm creating parts of my identity that are endearing. Clumsiness, it's endearing. Not just a robot. This is flex and frooms on Kada. Do you know Jared Ley though I do. For those who might not know him, I guess he's been in what was that movie Harley Quinn Suicide Squad and he was complaining that he wanted the longer roll. He didn't get the longer role. He was like freaking out. Oh he thought he was gonna have like a big part in it and it was like a minor part. He hated that he was also in a band called thirty Seconds to Mars.
Speaker 1: Do they still make music? Maybe that was a real moment in the mid.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's famous, you know, and you don't even need to know him to care about what I'm going to say about him. But Jared leto Liedo either or I think it's the accent that's confusing us. Has a cult. He is a cult leader. See how I just pop that in there a bit of surprise. He fully has a cult. And this is not one of those things where people have observed him and have been like I wonder if that's no. He said, point blank, period, this is a cult. Let me find the information for you first. What I think is really awesome is have you seen the pictures of him the all white We'll get into that later. It was August twenty nineteen, roughly three years ago, where these photos emerge on Twitter of Jared Leto standing in a sea of hundreds of people wearing all white on some remote island in Croatia. He captioned it, Yes, this is a cult. I'm confused, what does he mean anyway?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: So basically he has this name for his cult. They called Eschalon. They hang out on Camp Mars on Mars Island in Croatia. Super Fans of the band pay, like I think it's like seven thousand dollars a ticket for a three day weekend pass to go to this thing. I'm pretty sure they were on Mars Island when COVID was announced for the first time something like that. I would fact check it further, but there's no need. Just run with it. Run with it, which makes me think, Right, a lot of weird stuff, cook stuff happens in Hollywood, and I feel like because Hollywood by nature sells us fantasy. We're not really clocking when things are on a new scale of unbelievable and very dangerous and weird on this retreat, this this cult retreat. They all get matching tattoos. It is deep in it, and nobody's saying anything about it. We had a whole episode theorizing whether or not Leam Michelle is illiterate. Whole members of Hollywood have cults. Oh, we've just not talked about it. Would you would you not join? I'd go, you'd go, but you're not going to join. I mean, I think it's attending counts as joining that I've joined. I would it not go?
Speaker 1: You would not go if you got a free ticket?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm posting?
Speaker 1: Uh really absolutely?
Speaker 2: Why would you not go?
Speaker 1: Because maybe his beliefs are like, not aligned to mine. I don't want to be associated with him.
Speaker 2: They're learning yoga, babes, they're doing a few few utuls. They might sing, what's your reason not to go?
Speaker 1: I just want to be contrarian. I don't like him. I've heard some alleged rumors.
Speaker 2: I believe the more so do I. But we'll say alleged because we have taken a course with the legal team we know what defamation is not interesting, and we will not be defaming anyone flex and froos. Like we always say, the nonsense never ceases.
Speaker 1: It's really it's it never stops.
Speaker 2: That is the line. Unofficial. I think we can still workshop it. But again, the nonsense never ceases.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, nonsense never stops.
Speaker 2: I like ceases. Cool, the nonsense never stops. That's quite good. Actually, I take it back. Here's the thing. I'm really into self development, but only in like a in a theoretical way, like I like to learn about it. I don't want to apply any of it. There's not enough time on earth to be better at everything. Gotta be a little bit toxic. How do you say? Elas? I was literally googling, because every now and then I just google self development, news, hacks, psychology to see what it comes up. I don't know what I came across, but whatever article it was was referencing the seven Deadly sins. I said, this is a concept from back in the days, and we've just come off the back of Easter. I feel like it's only fair that we take it back. I don't know what time it was back anyway, I didn't even remember what the seven Deadly sins were, so googled it. Yeah, I guess them.
Speaker 1: Lust, yes, greed, umm yes, gluttony yes, pride, pride, wrath, wrath, sloth.
Speaker 2: So you've got pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, sloth.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: I quite like.
Speaker 1: All of those.
Speaker 2: And so for those of you who don't know, the seven Deadly sins are behaviors or habits that are classified under this category and they allegedly give rise to other immortalities. Basically, they're a gateweight drug. If you let yourself give into these seven deadly sins, you'll be a worldly babe. True, you'll be the problem. Which made me think, which seven deadly sin do you think has ruined your life the most to date? That's a right one, literally, because I feel like we struggle with all of them, but the most mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, pride, pride. Okay, I say that for you.
Speaker 2: Pride will let me do some crazy things, and I've been working on it.
Speaker 1: But do you reckon? You've always been someone that has a lot of pride.
Speaker 2: No, No, it was stilled into me, told you, babe. I'm Elizabeth's daughter. She gave me birth to me with the biggest ego used to come back from school and say like, oh, this person was annoying to me. She'd be like, if anyone is mean to you, number one, they're jealous. They want to be you. You are my daughter. Do you know how rare that is? How many other people can say hm hm that they're my daughter. If anyone says anything to you, pay them no mind. Wow, every day of your life, how can there's no coming down from that? Even on my most humble days, I'm still fighting demons on the inside.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good deadly sin. Pride, Yeah, I think we need more pride.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think pride is a huge part of your success. Yeah, it might be it. It might be the reason the undoing. Could you remind me what they all are against? I can definitely do that.
Speaker 2: The seven deadly sins are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, sloth.
Speaker 1: It's giving gluttony, really definitely gluttony.
Speaker 2: You're saying gluttony is the one that's ruined your life the most.
Speaker 1: What happened, I did eat about three Easter eggs pride of these big ones you did while we were eating, I was really trying hard not to consume them while we were talking. You did well. It's definitely not last Potentially, pride. Envy is probably a big one. I'd say envy actually get jealous?
Speaker 2: Do you get jealous of what, in particular, things that you think you can get that you don't have, or things that feel so far out of your reach.
Speaker 1: Things that I know I can get if I applied myself in different ways, But I don't know the exact path there, so I'm just kind of like, oh, why are they doing that? I want to do that, but it's only ever when I need to do better things myself. Yeah, I use it as a guide. It's definitely very ugly and it has been unhelpful in prior lifetimes for me.
Speaker 2: I feel that. Can I tell you something though? I read that the seven deadly sins can be overcome defeated by the seven deadly virtues. What are they or what are they? You're saying I can overcome the bad with the good, Yeah, babe, you can. The seven deadly virtues are humility, hate it, I get rid of that, charity, chastity, it's too late, Gratitude, Yeah, that's good, temperance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the temperance?
Speaker 2: Everything in moderation, I'm not about that, okay. Patience yep, and diligence, yeah, I relate to that. I feel better already. They need to change. Just read about changing, and that is a gift in itself.
Speaker 1: Flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: You literally have to ask us a total of zero times to talk about love, dating, romance and to give you advice on it. Don't even ask us, and we'll do it anyway.
Speaker 1: I told myself it wasn't going to be one of those shows.
Speaker 2: It always is. We're one trick ponies.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get better. Well, today we're doing a love line. That's where our friends, our viewers. Sometimes we find them on the.
Speaker 2: Internet, fans, frenemies, they foolish people.
Speaker 1: They send in their love dilemmas, we discuss and then we prescribe them a song that might help them get through their woes. Here's one from today. I'm going to read it out. I've been seeing a guy as FWB Friends with Benefits for about four months now, and I've caught feelings. I'm just going to there. Yeah, that's friends with Benefits. Yeah, I can tell he doesn't feel the same way, and I need even worse, and I know he still isn't looking for anything serious with you. We have amazing sex and a great connection, and he's so hot and cold with me. Things are just getting super confusing. I've lost a lot of interest recently and have tried to slowly taper things off, but I feel as if he has noticed and has tried to put more effort in and plan dates with me.
Speaker 2: It's nice for a bit, you're friends with benefits go on dates. Yeah, oh, they're friends. They're friends.
Speaker 1: It's sounding a bit convoluted. It's nice for a bit, But then he randomly ghosts me for a few days and then comes back like he's playing mind games to keep me hooked. Is it ghosting? If it's a few days, we're going to discuss that. It really just puts me off even more. He also moved an hour away. Blah blah blah. We have a date planned Tuesday night strong He's planning to drive to see me, and I'm ready to end things for good now. Ooh, I don't know if I should wait until the date or do it in person, or wait until after. It'd be nice to see him one more time, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I don't know what to say after I've already agreed to the date. Should I text him before or should we go on the date?
Speaker 2: Shall I go first?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: I don't mean to be brutal, goes with with a hammer of death, kicks you while you're down. I don't mean to be brutal, but this person. This woman started off the message with, I've been dating this guy, not even dating friends with benefits, for four months. I've known from the jump he doesn't want anything, but I've caught feelings. Then goes on to talk about all the ways that this guy has affirmed what she knows to be true. He's hot and cold because he doesn't want anything. He's dropping off because he doesn't want anything. He's available to root because that's what he wants. And then she's crafted this story around should I break up with him? Should I not? He's not thinking about you like that, babe, Like you would love for it to be more than it is, because that validates all that you're feeling. But the fact of the matter is you're feeling something for someone who doesn't want anything with you. And as the final act of the biggest power play, there is. You're gonna allow him to drive an hour to see you so you can break up with him because it would be quote unquote nice to see him one more time. The devil is moving through you. You are Jigsaw. This is a horror movie and you are the star.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's perfect. Should he come over or should she just text him?
Speaker 2: She's just text him. I this is one of those things where people believe honesty is the best policy. Openness is good for closure. Closure is a myth, no matter how you spin it. I think that she's hoping that if she sees him one more time and gives him an ultimatum that he'll pick her, he'll choose her, pick me, choose me, love me. If she were really thinking about herself in the situation, it is much better for you, your ego, your self esteem, and your sense of self to let this person know how they've made you feel and cut it off. Send them a text. Hey, I know we agreed to go on a date, but here's the thing. I can't do this anymore. It's been four months. I really like you. I recognize you don't want anything. I no longer can do this thing with you. You're trying to be an alchemist. You're trying to move all the pieces yourself. You're playing god. You think that if I do this and do this, he'll do this. It's not how it works. People are not rational, and especially in these precarious friends with benefit situation, you are trying to build on a shaky foundation. It isn't gonna work. It was never going to work. Let yourself go, start fresh with someone who wants what you want, when you want it.
Speaker 1: I tend to agree. I think definitely do the text message, perhaps end it with like, if you want to catch up to clarify that we can, because I think some people like don't do stuff over text, but I totally agree. Yeah, if he's not that into it, a text is wonderful for him. And also it gives you time when you get a text to let it sink in and formulate what you want to say. Because when you're on the spot, I get it. When we do the show, when you're on the spot, the brain beat, little monkey, Yeah, symbols, clap clap, clap, clut.
Speaker 2: This is flex and frooms on kit. You might think we're just here running a radio show, but in fact we've been doing weeks of market research to decipher if the world can be split into a binary of sorts, two types of people, folders and scrunches, dark mode users versus lightmode users, ha harvest, loll people. There's plenty of stuff to argue about, and we do it well.
Speaker 1: We know the hahat and loll was really divisive that when I shop into my core.
Speaker 2: It was a tricky one, but I think we landed on the heh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a happy medium. Yeah. You and I post on social media constantly at least once a day.
Speaker 2: At least once a day. That's not what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 2: At least it's at least like fifteen times a day. If I could do it once a day and be done, could you imagine?
Speaker 1: Have you ever done that?
Speaker 2: I look off sometimes?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you miss it? When you look off?
Speaker 2: It feels rebellious. Yeah, it feels like it's not in my best interest.
Speaker 1: Right, So you're doing it out of interest? Yeah, that's what I want to actually know about you. Are you someone that cares about likes?
Speaker 2: No? Really, If I cared about likes, do you think i'd be shadow band all the time? I'm posting red heart content and Zack is like, get it off.
Speaker 1: See do you think your shadow band because you're not getting likes?
Speaker 2: Nobody I am. People could not search me, I couldn't use paid partnership tools. I was ineligible to use the ad function. Yeah, babe, really tell you why. Because you post much red hot stuff and you keep getting they flag it as inappropriate content, so you get.
Speaker 1: Reported, get reported. I hate it when people report me.
Speaker 2: The thing about shadow banding is people post shit content to get shadow band But my Internet strategy is not posting what other people post. Like. I have a very specific flex Bami brand of doing the Internet, which means it's not comparable to other people to the Internet. Therefore it's no likes to check. And also fun tip, I was getting paid from Instagram, not by Instagram. Way before I had followers, I was ten k followers making stacks. So really yeah, That's why I'm not big on like I need more likes and more followers because I had opportunities before them.
Speaker 1: So if you post a selfie and it doesn't get many likes, you're cool with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes when you get a blue ticket feels like I need to be blue tick behavior.
Speaker 2: When'd you get blue ticked six months ago? Oh, fairly regularly recent Yeah, changed me.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about blue tick Lifestyle?
Speaker 2: Been a blue ticker for about eight no, six years? Okay, this is what I'm saying. Okay, so for me, asked me if I care about likes. I don't, and that's because I was validated by the Internet in a different way, so likes didn't matter as much. I think when people are validated likes first, and then success after or coins after, then the likes become the thing that you're extra focused on. But I only started the Instagram because I was a DJ.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, I'm a DJ, I need to have an Instagram. So I made the Instagram, right, I'm already a TV presenter at another network. I need to post on Instagram because of that.
Speaker 1: Ah. I see, so you had a reason to be there exactly. So you think the issue why people freak out about likes is because they're there for to get likes.
Speaker 2: Exactly, to get validation, which doesn't make any sense. It makes sense in theory. I've always said from the jump, I wouldn't use Instagram if I wasn't paid to do it. I used to work in social media then, and I didn't really use Instagram. I was like, I don't really get it. What is this for? Why would I share my life with people who don't even know me? I was that person. I was like, what is the point? Like they don't even know me? Why does it matter what I did or where I'm going or what I'm wearing because you don't know me. I still carry that mentality, but I'm incentivized.
Speaker 1: But there's something you enjoy about making it and posting it. You would like the feedback, the community that you build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, but it's a bell curve. There's a point in time where like you definitely max out on how good the feedback feels because you've been doing it so long. So like the blue ticking, if you had the blue tick for six years, I think you would feel similarly. You know. It's kind of like this felt really good. And I got the validation in short bursts really quickly that I'm like, oh, I've done it. And this is why I go back and forth with Instagram because I've already gotten the best of it, Like the coins have already come, I've built an engaged following. It's given me great opportunities and everything else is fun. I will say. The tricky thing is, though, I stopped caring about likes because I got really frustrated that I built all of these skills, right like TV presenter, radio presenter, DJ whatever, just to have the basis of my craft be whittled down to how many likes I could get for showing it on Instagram. Wow, so annoying, you know, if like if, and to be fair, if I knew that I could, if I could just be an influencer, right, like, no particular creative skill, just go on the internet. I would definitely do that. I want to learn all these skills just for them to be like you just you just go on the internet and get followers. Like you know how people think the Kardashians haven't done anything. I want that the Paris Hilton, like, what do you even do? I want that. I don't want to work hard and people think I don't do much. I want to not do much and how people think I work hard?
Speaker 1: That's powerful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what's your solution, Well, you're gonna stop caring about likes.
Speaker 1: Well, my solution is to go with the gut and train the gut so that no matter what you post, you stand by it. Like I've had instances where I've been like, need to delete it? Should never be going down.
Speaker 2: I mean, delete it if you don't want it. It's for you.
Speaker 1: Who's meant Like?
Speaker 2: What what do you prove by keeping something up that's not receiving the validation you want? Just take it down. Instagram is meant for cheap validation. If you're not getting it, delete it.
Speaker 1: Okay? Interesting? I don't know really what I gain from this segment.
Speaker 2: If you want likes, it's a very easy way to get them.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: Think about it, babe, show some skin, start a fight, Yeah, call out someone, talk about something topical as soon as it happens, Say the thing that everybody's thinking but nobody wants to say. You'll get some likes.
Speaker 1: This is a flex mummy us the class are you're paying you for this?
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.