Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three only.
Speaker 2: At Breakfast Show, I've got what's going on? What's going on? Who's turned by? Michael Jack? Is yours on?
Speaker 3: That's been testing one to three?
Speaker 2: Never really knows. Someone's tampering with our studio.
Speaker 4: Maybe we didn't pay the electricity bill.
Speaker 5: Maybe optaster broadcasting today's show, which is why we're having some technical issues right now. Anyway, good morning, It's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show two minutes past six on Gold one oh four point three four crown. So this morning on the way and to work at the moment, whilst I'm still waiting to get my get a car to drive in, I'm coming in every morning fire Uber and to always have a little chat with the drivers. This morning's drive, I've recognized my voice. I still don't realize that I stand out that much.
Speaker 6: I was going to ask you back to what Uber drivers had asked for your autograph or is it still just the one?
Speaker 2: Just the one?
Speaker 5: Despite the guy bringing me in today as soon as I got in and I started talking and he said, oh who the guy on this turns up Gold one of four point three, and he says, welcome, congratulations on picking the D's.
Speaker 2: As well, fellow D's fan. It's already working for me. Pick the right team.
Speaker 5: But anyway, and we get I get talking to him and curius as to how long he's been He's clear talking to him. This guy's a smart cookie, right, And I said, so, how come how longly been.
Speaker 2: Driving to drive Ruber? And you're obviously a.
Speaker 5: Smart educated man, and he was, I guess he's in his fifties.
Speaker 2: I won't say his name or anything.
Speaker 5: He's only been driving Ruber for a couple of weeks and we're in a little Fiat Punto get this, he's been working in technology, high end technology for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Last year he achieved his childhood dream.
Speaker 5: Of launching a business, floating it on the London Stock Exchange. A big moment, and obviously I'm thinking he obviously hasn't worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if that's gone well, you're not for kicks.
Speaker 7: You know what type of company.
Speaker 2: It was someone to do with tech, but it obviously didn't go well, because if it does.
Speaker 5: Go well, year later and you're not for fun driving around in a fit until at five in the morning.
Speaker 2: Picking up DJs, helping us out.
Speaker 5: So it hangs in the air from a minute now where he says anything and then goes, it didn't go very well, and I'm sorry to hear that, you know, And he goes, I lost, you know, five million dollars. Wow, it's his money and I lost, but I lost my money and I went down first to you know, try and protect them and their money.
Speaker 2: So a very honorable guy.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking of all these uber drivers, I've got various reasons as to why they're doing that.
Speaker 2: Then we got talking about what he's seen.
Speaker 5: Over the last couple of weeks. I've got his phone number. I think this guy might be on the show once a week. What he was telling me, what he gets up to, what happens whilst we're all asleep in this city was amazing. You could make a documentary about.
Speaker 7: It, just from the passengers he picks up and drops off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what they're up to.
Speaker 7: Is there a driver's issue in there?
Speaker 6: If he starts telling us about what Melbournians are getting.
Speaker 4: Up to, he doesn't have to name names.
Speaker 5: Journalist, thank you, no defamation.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Now.
Speaker 5: The other thing I was thinking as soon as I got out. I gave him five stars. I don't know how I couldn't have another thing? I thought, what am I up to?
Speaker 2: Right now? On Uber? You check your rating?
Speaker 7: I haven't checked it for a while.
Speaker 6: By lot your self passenger rating, So this is a rating that you get as a passenger, which the drivers give you.
Speaker 7: And I am on what are you? Four point seven?
Speaker 2: Four point eight seven?
Speaker 7: Four point eight seven?
Speaker 4: Oh my?
Speaker 2: Do you always give five star reviews?
Speaker 7: I do every time, always unless something goes wrong. But I hardly ever had that.
Speaker 2: Do you ever give it like a little Have you ever had a look on there? Right?
Speaker 5: I surely do this in a minute. You know, when you click on the driver's face, you have a little look see at them. I'm like, hey, it looks friendly, looks like you won't kill me? Here, get me for me to be Do you know that sometimes they have driver notes, things that people have said about them.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 7: I've never seen that book.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 5: I love the thing where they go summit is known for great conversation?
Speaker 8: Is he?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I will decide, all right, I will decide it's a great conversation.
Speaker 2: You know, there was one I saw on their summit or whatever.
Speaker 5: The person's name was is no of a great conversation and medical advice? Oh okay, this guy's a chat show host and a doctor. It could have fixed a Toyota Corona. Amazing, Thank you so much. So I'm on four point eight seven?
Speaker 2: What are you?
Speaker 7: Four point seven?
Speaker 6: Do you do that thing where you essentially exchange a five star riding for a five star?
Speaker 5: So I always hope that it's going to be, you know, an exchange going on a five star for a five stars? What do you think Jack named the number at the point? What do we think Pats is?
Speaker 2: I reckon Pats is a I reckon you're actually four point six. She's someone who's complained or lot.
Speaker 7: I think you're actually a goodie two shoes outside.
Speaker 2: Of you think she's a five.
Speaker 4: I think you're both wrong.
Speaker 2: What are you zero?
Speaker 4: I've never taken an uber in my life, taken on an uber version. I've never ever I drive everywhere.
Speaker 2: Or whateppens when you go out and get you know, drunk.
Speaker 4: My husband, that's what husbands are for.
Speaker 2: You'd never ever.
Speaker 7: Got an Uber never you You don't even have the app?
Speaker 4: No, that's not on my phone.
Speaker 5: Poor Perhaps he's always driving yep, why didn't you work for Uber?
Speaker 2: Then you drop your husband off.
Speaker 5: To a few more little tripsys make some money of saying it. I could perhaps the Uber drive. You'd be a great one. People would love. You'd get five honestly, you get five star ratings.
Speaker 7: That's well.
Speaker 6: If your husband's the one who's picking you up after a night out, what rating do you think he.
Speaker 7: Would give you?
Speaker 4: Probb plea as zero as well?
Speaker 2: All right, this morning then calling, let's try this. What is your Uber rating? Okay?
Speaker 5: Can anyone top my four point eighty seven? There must be some of you that are on solid fives. I'm a four point eight seven. Of any of you five's who's the lowest one this in this morning?
Speaker 2: That's fine? Is there anyone who's like a three or been eight four?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: At what point do you get kicked off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did love This week Uber announced that they might stop taking drunk people, and I'm thinking, well there goes the profits.
Speaker 4: Ye okay, no business.
Speaker 2: We have invested us, drunks have invested in Uber. Don't turn you back in US now? Uber? You regret this?
Speaker 1: Think it through The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 5: What have we got for you today? Why should you keep listening to this show? Jack will sing to a crocodile this morning. I can offer you no more Melbourne than a man singing to a crocodile before the crocodile hopefully psychically predicts will the soccer Us win tonight? Of course they're going to win tonight. And I'm sure Pinjara, our crocodile waiting for Jack, don't the sea life Melbourne is going to predict the soccer Us win. They're going to smash the days. Tonight ten o'clock is your second game, a must win game, and I've got no doubt that Soccerus will win. Right now though, we're trying to work out who's got the highest who's got the lowest uber rating? Now only can obviously you know you can rate your Ruber driver, but do you do? Were you aware that they rate you as well? You have an average rating? Mine is four points eight seven. Jackson is a little bit lower, a bit more of a obviously antisocial passenger. So you want to know who does any of you have a five? Or any of you who's got the lowest rating? Nine four one four, one oh four three. If you want to know how to find it this, go into a little profile setting. You'll see you are ranked there. You'll have a little look see, and you'll feel either good or bad about it.
Speaker 2: What did I do? How do I get it higher?
Speaker 6: I was feeling good about four point seven until I knew that you had almost a perfect score. Now want to know what you do differently to may as a passenger?
Speaker 2: Well, I can teach you the ways. Let's go to Bernie. I'm pretty good, Bernie. How are you this morning? Yeah? Good?
Speaker 9: Look am I d rather? I did this for three years full time and now I'm just doing a part time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The I wast rating my way overhead was three point six.
Speaker 2: You picked up a passenger with three point six.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well a lot of other urb drivers wouldn't pick him up because of his rating.
Speaker 10: What they do?
Speaker 9: They go by ratings and everything, and I couldn't work out. I don't go by ratings and customers because the reason why is you might have a bad day, you might be a bit upset, you might be a little bit now sort of whatever, and you're not talking to the drivers. Ratings work on make sure that you're out on time. Some drivers will wait you on all those little things, slamming of the vehicle doors.
Speaker 2: The people will This is fascinating.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that we're constantly been assessed for our performance as a passenger.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 9: Well, basically I always tell my all my clients I've picked up over the I've done over six six hundred trips.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 9: And I always told all my customers, and I'll get a bit of response where we actually become psychiatrists because you've got to assess the client before he gets in the car, so you know if they want to talk about a friendly or they're a bit of music whatever, So you never know who you pick up.
Speaker 10: That's the problem.
Speaker 5: No, do you know what, I generally think you make a great documentary about what happens in an uber thing because actually it's I think it's more intimate space than just a taxi journey, because you're you're you've got to suspend that we live in a really world now where we're frightened of people, we don't feel safe, so you have to believe that some stranger on a phone that you just click on will get you from.
Speaker 2: A to B safely. So it's a really intimate space and listen what's happening. It's been attacked by one of those.
Speaker 7: Three point six is annie, if you can have someone right now.
Speaker 9: The funny, funny part about the whole story is spacey. It's macy. The clients you pick up, you never know who you pick up people to speak. But I found it's really friendly because you sometimes you're you're likely to see the psychiatrist. You always sometimes the lender shouldered to someone who's.
Speaker 11: Been up to it.
Speaker 9: So you basically, yeah, you're you're in a different world.
Speaker 2: And you tell me this.
Speaker 5: Then, out of your six thousand trips that you've done with people in the back, what's the one trip that stands in your mind? Did you meet someone that told you an amazing story or was going to something incredible?
Speaker 9: Well, a lot of people ask me, because I'm an ex in the state truck driver and all that. A lot of people ask me in destinations, sites to go to and all that. But the most exciting is just people friendly to you and you're friendly to them, and you open your vehicle up two strangers. What we don't know, We don't know who we pick up. We only see a name, pickup.
Speaker 2: It's a mystery. Every time the door opens.
Speaker 9: The client actually has more details on us. They get the vehicle registration, they know what the vehicle is. They've got the whole profile of the driver, so they know what already what to expect.
Speaker 2: Great stuff, Thank you very much. According to Bernie, he hangs up on me.
Speaker 5: After all that wrap, Bernie, Bernie, anyway, take care, Bernie. Let's go to what it's ten O'clock's into the show right now, hug He's up next.
Speaker 2: Alice is on the line. Good morning, Alice, good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 5: I hope you well this morning. So what is your score? What have you been rated?
Speaker 2: As? Aln Uber?
Speaker 12: So it's not actually my score, it's what I actually did to my friends school. I ended up throwing throwing up in the back of the uber. It was a solid five, and now she's a three and a half.
Speaker 5: I'm amazed that you get three and a half of you throw in the back of the thing. I give someone a one or zero if they did Dan reck of my Fiat Punto or Corona.
Speaker 10: Shattered.
Speaker 2: All right, Alice, thank you very much, You're cool.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: We're trying to find out this morning to any of you have the highly coveted five a five star rating as a passenger on Uber. We just spoke to Bernie did a speech, actually was doing a Ted talk. Ernie happened to call in and I always wondered, what are they rating us on? It turns out they're rating us on conversation.
Speaker 2: When's that?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a lot of the door I didn't know that. I mean, I hope, but I don't. I'm not a door slammer. But then I feel the pressure. Now sometimes you're just a bit tired, or you want to check a couple of texts and emails, or just tune out. In the back of a card, it realized now that you know, I'm a guest on a chat show and I've got to do a couple of good stories and some new material.
Speaker 6: So I'm jealous of you because you're starting with a completely clean slate, someone who's records never taken an Uber you and now you know all the tricks, what they're rating you on.
Speaker 5: She could go straight and get five, so you could go straight in and get a five and not being funny. I found and maybe this is just a really bad generalization. We're just going to just throw this out there. I think predominantly the people who are more often than not in might experience door slammers are How can I say this?
Speaker 4: Journalists? No, ladies, Ladies.
Speaker 5: Say because my daughters and my wife bang, no, you don't please. The door troom fell off a couple of weeks ago on a higher car.
Speaker 2: Listen, whole cands you eleven take it easy, and my wife does it. I just close this kitchen.
Speaker 4: Door, bang a guilty.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get post traumatic stress dissorder. I can't relax in my house watching the TV. Yeah, bangs easy with the cupboards. We're renting this place.
Speaker 8: Please, well, you will give birth to you know, super superhero girls.
Speaker 4: You're quite right, pretty pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: I bet you are you a doorsommer? Pets?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 2: I told you.
Speaker 4: I told you you'll always say don't slam the card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't. They don't realize their own superpower in there.
Speaker 5: All right, get ready everyone, I think we've got five star uber passenger on the line.
Speaker 10: Jimmy first on calling welcome, go one and forwards being great.
Speaker 2: Listen, to thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I'm going to rate you as a five star caller, Jimmy, So listen, Jimmy, I'm looking at I love the fact that Becksop producer wouldn't take Jimmy's word for it. She's a little bit untrustworthy and she made you take a screenshot of your own uber phone and send it to us. And I'm looking at it. Jimmy, you are a You've got five stars, your five star passenger.
Speaker 10: Yeah, mate, Well, I used to do myself. Used to work out at the winery down at Yarra, Glenn and the hardest part out there was trying to get anyone back to the city or even back to Lida to get a taxi and there was nothing out there. And when they were first came up, I was, okay, you know, the people have come out to a wedding. They can't drive back to the city or anything. And that's why I sort of got the ideas like, oh my Earth makes the money after doing a wedding or something like that. And then since then going into a family business and had to fly into state that sort of thing, and being too young to hire a car, they you end up just getting Uber and being from a winery hospitality, you know, you know how to talk to people. You get along with them, sure, and yeah, you just try and you know you understand for them. They've probably been driving ten hours that day making living and you know you just try and make you know, they're the driver. You try to make their lives enjoyable yours.
Speaker 5: Now, listen, Jimmy, you don't happen to know Ernie. Listen, Jack and I let's have a competition. Now, let's see who can be the first one out of you and I to get up to five star ratings from our drivers.
Speaker 2: How do we play the game? Jimmy, what's the best thing to do?
Speaker 10: Ah, Just just be a gentleman in the car, you know, ask about them.
Speaker 5: You're listening to a gentleman on the radio. There's no one more gentlemanly than me. They call me gentlemen Christian, you know, not nine out.
Speaker 10: Of ten times in your car the driver will try and ask about you. So you're talking the whole time, and the time sort of fired by quickly and that sort of thing. So if you start to say the life, if you're talking, you don't realize.
Speaker 11: How long it's sitting there for where if if.
Speaker 10: You ask them about you know, you might have a different sort of cultural driver. And you know you're asking, you know, like what are you else doing for a job, And.
Speaker 2: Quite a lot of the time what's your favorite prayer?
Speaker 5: You know, and then you get talking about that, you know, your.
Speaker 2: Top three favorite prayers of different religions.
Speaker 10: A lot of the time you'll find an actually issues or something like that in the stair time that they're showing at the planal or something, and you ask you about then what.
Speaker 2: They're doing making a lot of notes here.
Speaker 5: So we took about religion, We took about the sort of their family history and stuff like that. Oh I'm here now I've got to go. But anyway, I did ask you some questions. Do you think this would be a good idea if I turned up some sweets to give them as well? Because often now on the back you've got some sweets and drinks. What if I took in some sweets to hand out to them and go, listen, I really enjoy being a passenger.
Speaker 2: Have this little sweet it's on me.
Speaker 10: Oh, look at the amount of times I've been giving bottles of water or anything like that when I've been in.
Speaker 2: The car lugging around bottles of water, and surely.
Speaker 7: Just get it from the passenger side door.
Speaker 2: Exactly regifted it.
Speaker 13: Here you go.
Speaker 2: That's for your driver.
Speaker 10: The amount of times I've hopped off of playing my phone flat and I'm looking for a dad, He's like you might have this. It's like, yes, I love you. Far there to five right there?
Speaker 5: Crazy, All right, listen, Jimmy, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 2: You have a good day.
Speaker 10: You two guys, have a good one.
Speaker 1: Chris No Cutton all practice show ready for Melvin?
Speaker 2: What is Melvin? Ready for him?
Speaker 1: Gold? One oh four point three?
Speaker 5: Hell is the list?
Speaker 3: Sorry, that was my fault, so Lie, I dropped the volume.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit of technical talk that no one needs to know about. But Jack plugs his laptop into the studio desk for no reason, no reason whatsoever, and runs his own sound effects for the next ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Well, the idea is that I know which answers are right and wrong, so I'll play.
Speaker 5: Do you think any McGuire is playing his own sound effects a millionaire hot seat?
Speaker 2: Well that great. If you hang on, I've got the wrong It's no, no, they want it, haven't they? So they play this sting in here.
Speaker 3: Where's the button that drops the balloons and streamers from the roof?
Speaker 6: If you want me to give you all the answers to the questions that I can. I mean, this is pretty easy how this game works. It's just listing things from a category so you could easily play the sound effects. It's a category based game. I'll give the category. I'll ask Christian how long is that list?
Speaker 2: I roll the dice.
Speaker 5: If it comes up with an eight, you need to name eight things in that category. We had hobbies this week yesterday we had.
Speaker 3: You always forget the most recent one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had any of the producing team.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it old pastimes or something that's hobbies?
Speaker 2: Hobbies? That was yesterday though it was it two days ago. We did hobbies.
Speaker 7: I remember Australian bands.
Speaker 2: Three. He had to get three and he won the prize.
Speaker 7: All right, new rule.
Speaker 6: If it's any number that's rolled under five, I'm adding a one to the front.
Speaker 2: No way, you're not know no new rules. No the dice to side. That's it. You can't do that.
Speaker 3: Someone get the two.
Speaker 2: Well then fine, we don't know what the category is.
Speaker 3: I'm making the categories harder them.
Speaker 2: All right, fine, all right, calling out to play. We've got some good prices.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three. Hello, Hello is the list?
Speaker 2: How long is that? This?
Speaker 5: This is a great idea from Jack. I roll the dice. He gives me a topic. You've got to name as many in that topic. So what have you got this morning? What's the topic?
Speaker 3: The topic has twenty it's a fixed answer.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, by the way, listen, if you're going to be in charge of this and run your own sound effects.
Speaker 2: What's happened to your music? You're playing it off your laptop?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ex on week week three.
Speaker 5: We can't have this al right, otherwise I'm gonna unplug the laptop.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 7: Where was I?
Speaker 6: Today's topic is a fixed number category, so there is a fixed number of answers, not like hobbies, which is.
Speaker 2: A bit sound playing the game here, So there's.
Speaker 3: A total of twenty eight answers, so I want a high number.
Speaker 2: Roll Okay.
Speaker 3: The category is Country's beginning with s.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, all right, I rolled the first dice.
Speaker 5: Let's come up with a three second one four six countries beginning with the lettter.
Speaker 2: What's the word, Oh ma, it's not great. No, it's the hall of notes. It's distract to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, I'm having let's try don Dion, Sorry, how.
Speaker 3: Do you fancy yourself as an S country? Noah, yes, for Sam correct?
Speaker 5: Don't we all do this sometimes, you know, when you have to do the thing like you just did their deon where you have to do the phonetic alphabet, and sometimes you just make up T for Tommy, you know, for elephant, and I don't think that's what it's called.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Dion, are you ready? Off you go?
Speaker 3: S for successful game?
Speaker 2: Oh seven?
Speaker 14: Okay, Sudan correct Srilanka.
Speaker 11: Chef Africa.
Speaker 6: Three.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 2: Think about cheese, European cheese. They're famous for it. You got it.
Speaker 3: You're over the halfway mark. But I'm going to have to start the time.
Speaker 2: I'm a no, no, no, don't this happen. Let's help him get this.
Speaker 5: I want deal to get this country beginning with America.
Speaker 6: Wait, sorry, Dan, sounds like answer, but we're gonna go to the next Serbia. You're gonna play Serbia is off the list because for the next caller they can't use that, all right, Josh, help from one of the members of the team.
Speaker 5: Okay, Josh, make that? Okay, So how many does Josh need to get to whim?
Speaker 3: We need three more? Josh, you can't use any of the ones that Dion used, all right?
Speaker 7: Country is beginning with beginning with s off you go the.
Speaker 11: Moa Daddy Arabia.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, last one, last one?
Speaker 5: Come on, Josh, and she's beginning with s.
Speaker 2: Oh my way, he's done it.
Speaker 5: Wow, nicely played, Josh, well done.
Speaker 2: Impressive around there from both of them. Deal did really well, Josh, Yeah, very hard. It needs to be a lot easier this time in the morning. No one needs to think that hard. This getting harder next week, no, Josh, No, we do STDs on Monday.
Speaker 5: Okay, Josh, you've won double cold class about.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Melbourne's gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 5: So later on tonight, second must win game in the World Cup for the Soccer US and I think there's no reason why you shouldn't roll through. I think you will easily beat the Danes tonight. They're a good team, but I think you played really well. You're robbed of a deserved win at the weekend by cheating French rolling around on the floor like imaginary snipers were shooting them up in the stands. And then that idiotic video assistant referee that doesn't work. There's been ruining quite a few games so far. However, we have our own psychic crocodile. I can't believe this, you know, hey.
Speaker 3: Grey, we don't know it's psychic.
Speaker 7: We just no, I do.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you now, Pinjara is psychic. It's got the gift of the third eye. You think about crocodile, those are strange, you know, terrifying mystical animals. If that says soccers are gonna win, sope it doesn't go for the Danes, then start to put money on it, but also gamble responsibly. Of course, kids, I'm tellinking now that crocodile will predict the right winner.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like we approached the aquarium and asked, do you have a crocodile so we can call it a shrike.
Speaker 7: I think, I think. I think it's part of the rude to get me down.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: I woke up from a dream Sunday morning and had one word came into my name, Pinjarra, do you know what it meant?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: I thought it's maybe a password on a computer turned into Google and then I saw this crocodile.
Speaker 2: I was like, the crocodile speaking to me. I get it. I'm listening, Pinjara. What do you want to say? Wise one? It said, send me Jack down for snack. No, you're going down.
Speaker 5: Jack's gonna be there an hour's time, as me singing live to the crocodile.
Speaker 3: Before I started on this show, I was like, oh, Christian show. I listened to the London Breakfast Show. It's all about talking to people absolutely about real.
Speaker 2: Things and talking to animals.
Speaker 6: And then it's right three weeks in and I'm going to go sing to a crocodile.
Speaker 5: Absolutely yeah, please do no, no, no, Pinjara, and so to encourage the croc to perform, because there's no guarantee that will pick a team, Jack's going to sing to it live very very close to the crocodile. Which we need to speak to you before you go to sign some important documents. But anyway, Loo, look that's not my concern right now. This morning, I want to talk about Dad fails.
Speaker 2: My word. I had an epic one yesterday and I didn't even know that was doing anything wrong.
Speaker 5: Put yourself in my shoes. Okay, you do these hours. Suddenly at four thirty if you're a shift worker, you know what it's like. Four point thirty five o'clock is that awful bit where you feel really you're just exhausted.
Speaker 2: It hits you. You hit this wall.
Speaker 5: And then suddenly I see a gift from the universe to me, and I say, hey, thank you. All right, universe, I see a can of coke, a bar of chocolate, and a bag of potato chips. Now I'm thinking, ah, yes, I put the TV on, go on a Netflix show, and I'm snuffling all this down.
Speaker 2: I am so happy. I think I've never been happy. I feel good. The sugar's hitting.
Speaker 4: Me at that time of the day, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You know what it's like, pats.
Speaker 3: I think they came from well.
Speaker 5: I just thought, oh, you know, my wife maybe got them as a little midweek tree.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 5: Then my daughter, the kids come back from school, and the teenager doesn't take much to get the old attitude from me.
Speaker 2: She goes, what are you doing? And I was like, what I.
Speaker 5: Just watch your Netflix. She goes, does my science homework? You've eat my sience work? And I go no, it was no label on there. If it's your science homework, put it in a tubblewear with a label do not eat dad.
Speaker 2: I can't. I'm not strong enough to resist that.
Speaker 3: Well, what bag of chips is part of a science project?
Speaker 5: Someone to do with sugar and you know, unhealthy eating and stuff like that. For as, I've given her a great excuse why she can't do it today. My dad ate my homework right, so she owes me a huge thanks. So please come out in sympathy for me today. I want other dads to own up. Confess to your epic dad foils. I didn't know what I was doing. It just seemed like a delicious snack and I wasn't strong enough to think it what might be signed and work. So anyway, yesterday even had to go back out and go to and get some new ones from a seven eleven. It was hard not to eat that on the way back as well, even though I knew and you it was bad, but I was still fighting with myself.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold One Oh four point three.
Speaker 5: I's don't talking about the story when I know your stories of dad fails. When you just screwed it up. You had good intentions, you were trying to do something right. I can enjoy a kind of pop and some crisps. And I didn't know it was a science homework that was tucking into yesterday. Had no it is not signed or anything like that, So let me know yours nine four one four one oh four three Peter, good morning, Okay.
Speaker 14: Christian, I can sympathize with you, matey. I've got three things in life while I love is my kids and my watch cooking and unfortunately my wife scull of potatoes, pizzas, homemade pizzas. They all go in the fridge mating. Yeah, I've been doing it for a long time. So now the kids they wrap them up and they put a lack of band around it with the note and a science experiment do not eat. And it's got you to trouble, mate, But I can't win. I love my wife's cooking and I'm keeping her happy.
Speaker 5: And Peter, we're just not strong enough to resist those urgers that just says eat eat eat the snacks.
Speaker 14: Yeah, look, they've got to come up with something different now because the science experiment doesn't work. I don't care.
Speaker 2: What I do.
Speaker 3: Is the incredible harmy.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe our dads are the science experiment.
Speaker 14: Really yeah, that's that's it. I'm just going to keep on living the dream I think they did.
Speaker 2: All Right, Peter, thank you very much. You appreciate it. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Really good morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm very good. I feel bad eating my daughter's science experiment. So tell us about a dad foul.
Speaker 16: Okay, so I'm one of eight children. What yeah, did the household?
Speaker 2: It was? My dad is very very shy man, and he's indoors in the bedroom. He had no time to go outside. He's making kids.
Speaker 10: Exactly.
Speaker 16: I've heard it all. The story that I've chosen because I could tell you one hundred is supermarket bace. So as you can imagine, Mum did the shopping. Dad was in charge of kicking the kids under control. Little one sort of tried to jump up on a shelf and he grabbed them off and told them very calmly, you're not jumping on the shelf. Of course we turned up the next door.
Speaker 2: Oh my word, what was that a cock crawl? Or what's that in the background?
Speaker 16: That wasn't me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not here.
Speaker 4: It must have been.
Speaker 15: It's so like a rooster.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Sorry, sorry to carry on. Ready, right, you're in the supermarket. Someone's jumping up.
Speaker 16: Yep, so he's freaking out. Turn around the next door and as a kid halfway up the shelf. Of course, my father grabs the kids down, gives him a bit of a shake before he realizes it's not one of his kids, and there's an angry mother staring at him.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Oh that's great.
Speaker 16: My dad was mortified.
Speaker 5: I bet yes. All right, ready, thank you very much. She call have a good day. Thank you, Yvonne, Hi, I'm very good of on. Welcome to the show. What's your dad fail's story for us this morning?
Speaker 4: Well, this happened two years ago. My husband was in charge of packing kids lunches and he grabbed a can of cars and draft inshead of a kind of cog and stuck it in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: Well, give the kid a little bus, you know, during the day at school it can be a bit Borings school's a lot more fun with a beer.
Speaker 4: With a beer, yeah, I got a call from the school. What do you think you're doing?
Speaker 11: What's going on here in the household?
Speaker 2: How old?
Speaker 5: How old was your son who was going to school with a kind of beer in his lunch box?
Speaker 1: Kin the Christian O'Connell breakfast show the Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 5: Three, about twelve hours away from the soccero's must win game at the World Cup tonight, and you smashed through the Danes. England's next game ten o'clock Sunday night, England being punished by Russia. They're given us crappy times to watch the game, especially if you weren't my cinder at hours where I turn into a pumpkin if I don't get in bed by midnight.
Speaker 6: Well, the last thing you're gonna do is structure the World Cup around a brit who's living now in Australia.
Speaker 2: Well, I just thought Peutye and I were good friends.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's all, but it turns out we're not here berefirst Australia. He gave you the prime time Saturday night game at eight o'clock, and now you've got a nice still game.
Speaker 2: Tonight at ten o'clock.
Speaker 5: Anyway, uh Over the weekend I read about half in the Northern Territories in Darwin at a crocodile part. They've got this crocodile there called Butt and he's been trying to predict the Soccaroos games. And he obviously went for the soccer Us, so he went for the right team.
Speaker 2: But obviously the cheeking French good in the way of the result.
Speaker 5: So I'm thinking anything our friends in Northern Territories are doing, we need to try and do this here in Victoria in Melbourne. And so this is why Jack is going down in about four minutes time in a taxi off to Sea Life Melbourne, where there is a five meter seven hundred and fifty kilogram crocodile called Binjara waiting for you.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't see it necessary for me to be down there. I definitely don't see it necessary for me to see.
Speaker 7: Jarro this song.
Speaker 5: What does Jack Post scream to me and Melbourne Roving Reporter, you're our guy on the scene.
Speaker 2: No one's got more energy.
Speaker 6: I thought Hamish McLaughlin would be the perfect guy to send down to the Melbourne Aquarium to talk to a crocodile.
Speaker 2: I actually was.
Speaker 5: I did think about that, but with his white dazzling teeth, I think the crocodile it might get it hurt us Lie. So we're just for health and safety. The crocodile can't be can't ever meet Hamis McLoughlin. So jack'sar guy and just quickly, Nick the producer, went down yesterday to have a quick check of it all. Tau Jack, we've got some good news. Is now going to be a little bit closer to the action than we thought.
Speaker 2: So you were going to be on a platform above Pinjarra in the enclosure. Within the enclosure.
Speaker 5: Why is there a platform drop because this is a live performance there. I don't know if they've had live music before. Jack is singing live to Binjari's trying to wake up the crocodile. It's like he was on a stage up there. Yeah, exactly, elevated stage.
Speaker 3: Now they make bad school kids walk the plank.
Speaker 2: They've got the thieving in the gift shop. Yeah, I've now got you positioned behind the crocodile. Oh, great idea, this is much better. We're filming. This is going to be on Facebook Live. You can see pinjar as it comes towards you. There is a gate that will be put up. A gate. It's a gate, it's a strong gate.
Speaker 5: It's still I mean, oh god, these guys are gate specialist down there at Sea Love, you know, I mean totally wild.
Speaker 2: Was there the other day.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to be in the enclosure.
Speaker 6: In the enclosure and how do you know that Pinjara's facing the other way?
Speaker 3: What if he turns around?
Speaker 5: Well, that the face your KNOWLK crocodile's face, what you can confuse between the face and the tail.
Speaker 3: No, but you said I'll stand behind it. What if he just turns around.
Speaker 2: Oh, you'll be behind the cage. I mean, so when the chickens go down, he will be coming towards you.
Speaker 5: Chickens their breakfast and yeah, okay, so we've got a meal. Yeah, we're going to go through a drive through. Jack is on the way to go to Red Rooster to get some fried chicken from the jow.
Speaker 3: Have they haven't done any tests with guitars or music?
Speaker 7: What if it's no?
Speaker 2: No, this is a world first.
Speaker 5: I mean, when we open up a whole new way of bringing live music to Melbourne, live from an aquarium, you know, with a crocodile.
Speaker 2: This is great. It's groundbreaking radio that you're doing here.
Speaker 6: What if it frustrates him and he starts to see red?
Speaker 5: As long as we as long as we get the attack on, make sure that's filmed for other show. And look you've got a weapon to use it to fend off. You've got your guitar, all right, feed that. If it starts going for you, feed it the guitar and get out there, get behind that fence.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: As a present from my mum and dad.
Speaker 2: Well, great, they saved your life. Thanks mom and dad. I'll buy you a new one. Okay. Pitjara goes for it. So to try and motivate Jack yesterday, one thing little Jack likes to we that's to sing a song.
Speaker 5: So so why don't you go down and sing to the crocodile? And I thought maybe maybe Jack could write a song to this classic. Yes, so we go from crocodile rock too. Well, do you want to introduce your song that you're going to be performing live.
Speaker 6: Well, I just write a song for Pinjara the crocodile at Melbourne Aquarium using that song. I actually found that bit of the Elton John song, very difficult.
Speaker 2: To think, high pitch.
Speaker 3: Is that person singing or a kazoo or they?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that is Sir Elton John. That person.
Speaker 7: Does he do that bit?
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing him live.
Speaker 5: I've been there, Okay, he does it? Just gives you a kazoo?
Speaker 3: Does he do the funny?
Speaker 2: Does he nice? One of rock and Roll's greatest icons.
Speaker 3: I saw he did the verses, and I don't know if funny.
Speaker 5: I heard one day that we get Sir Elton John on the show and you can say that question to his face. Is that a kazoo or you in a funny voice? Sir Elton John.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not sure if he does the.
Speaker 2: Stop those rumors. All right? This is the song that's gonna be doing live.
Speaker 15: I remember when I was young, being on the radio seemed so much fun. But we've had this started, this new show, and I'm getting kicked out of the studio to visit in a quarium. Lucky man to me if it is a little dumb promotion to expect a crocodile to foresee the outcome of a sucker rival real Thursday morning and here we are standing by the tank of Pinjara right next to singing to a crackeya.
Speaker 7: It just doesn't seem right.
Speaker 15: Ras is the hobbit Pinjarsten to.
Speaker 2: Should he use a kazoo?
Speaker 7: Pinjora?
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 7: This is great, Pinjo.
Speaker 2: How can this crop not tap its little poor poortal? Cause the course.
Speaker 3: I'm worried this bit is gonna frustrates.
Speaker 2: Where's my chickens? Who's this hippie you're feeding me?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, chances of this going well slim, very ray slim. But it is live on Facebook, live on Gold one of four point three, So you gotta go now, all right, goodbye, taxis here?
Speaker 2: Good luck Jack?
Speaker 5: If this last time I see, it's been great working with you. It's a great way to get rid of a psidekick.
Speaker 1: If you don't like the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Anthony.
Speaker 14: Yes, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 2: Good morning buddy? How can I help you this morning?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 13: Just bringing up for the ten kno repeat work though?
Speaker 10: Is that the song you played twice?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 5: No, it's the first play with me and then it will be played again at some point between now and six o'clock tonight. So it's Michael Jackson thriller. The moment you hear it, that's an unmistakable intro.
Speaker 2: Get ready to.
Speaker 5: Call nine four one four one four three to try and win your ten thousand dollars you give me listening today?
Speaker 13: Yes, absolutely, your work. I'm just about to head to work now.
Speaker 9: Actually I Saturday thirty something now, all.
Speaker 5: Right, listen, Anthony, good luck. Hope you win the money. I'd love it of someone who was listening to us this morning catches it later on today. If it is you, Anthony, what are you going to do with your money? What are you going to do with ten thousand dollars?
Speaker 13: Well, me and my wife we just had our first son about five months ago, so I'm sure we can go to buying him a new bike and a few other bits and pieces. And we haven't had a holiday either, so maybe going on a bit of a holiday as well would be something we would like to do.
Speaker 2: I really really hope you do with the money, because I know what it's like.
Speaker 5: That first twelve months when you've got a little baby in newborn is just exhausting, isn't It's chaos?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: The wife is doing a pretty tough he's going through a bit of a sleep progression at the moment, making up every hour or so when the wife's getting up and feeding him, and so she's a little bit under the pump.
Speaker 11: But we're doing well though, We're doing well.
Speaker 2: And when say under the pump, what do you mean the breast pump or just love the beast pump?
Speaker 13: I think it's a bit I supposed been under a pressure wide in terms of sleep for her.
Speaker 5: I think, all right, well, listen, two good lucks at see good luck getting through the first year with a little baby.
Speaker 2: I know what it's like.
Speaker 5: And also I really hope you and your wife you get the cash today. Okay, good luck, Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 1: All the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 5: This, my friends, is our state of origin. State versus state, Kroc versus Kroc. Welcome to a live krocoff during the next twenty minutes. A crocodile up in the Northern Territories, up in Darwin. The old guy the season campaign are predicting loads of various things, even elections, not just sports matches, not just World Cup games, but eighty two years of age up there in Darwin. However, when I heard about this what Bird's been doing, I thought, we've got to find our own one. In this great city, a city that loves sport, los rivalry competing. I found Pinjara Sea Life Melbourne. Kroc versus Kroc is a krokoff. Both Crocs go against each other to try and predict tonight's must win game for the Soccaroos at the World Cup.
Speaker 2: So Jack has been sent down there. He's in position.
Speaker 5: At first we thought we go to hear he was going to be a bit further away, safety reasons, obviously from Pinjarra. A yea seven hundred and fifty kilogram crocodile over five meters long.
Speaker 2: Good news for us, goodness for you, maybe not so much for Jack. Is that he's a lot closer.
Speaker 5: He's he's behind the gate singing to the crocodile, hopefully to wait Pinjara up so that can it predicts whether it's the Danes who are winning there's no way, or it's the Socceroose. The Soccerreos will win tonight. Now I'm sure the Pinjara will back the Soccreos as well. So This is all going to be live from Sea Life Melbourne on Facebook. So if you want to jump on our Facebook page right now, you probably see a very nervous looking Jack tuning in his acoustic guitar, which might be used a defense weapon if the croc goes and doesn't like the song.
Speaker 2: This is all going to be on our Facebook page. You know how to find Facebook.
Speaker 5: We are O C one O four to three OC one O four to three if you want to find us on Facebook. Coming up next to him across live. Jack doesn't know this, by the way, Channel seven News are down there.
Speaker 2: He can you believe this? Brilliant? It must be? Is it quite news day today?
Speaker 17: I think it is.
Speaker 5: Jack could be really annoy didn't know because he would have combed the curly sue hair that mop of his his. But yeah, Channel seven are gonna be covering this as well, so we'll catch up with Jack.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Jack should be in position.
Speaker 5: I think he's just arrived at the aquarium Sea Life, Melbourne.
Speaker 11: Jack, I am in the aquarium. I have seen Pinjara.
Speaker 2: Well listen, this is what I thought for Rover and Porter. First of all, where's the energy.
Speaker 5: It sounds like we just sent you to an accountancy firm, so you have to look at their new Excel spreadsheet.
Speaker 2: Let's run that again.
Speaker 5: I need more like Yeah, that's Christian. He cross to me live. Now I've seen Ben. Just let's go it again. I think Jack is in position Jackie there, Oh.
Speaker 11: Christian guys, Jackie and Live from the Melbourne Aquarium. Thanks for having me down here. I just think the big crocodiles, that's what I've always dreamed of.
Speaker 2: Oh, great, Jack, this sounds more like it. Well done. Okay, this is good, This is good.
Speaker 5: Describe the scene down there now, Jack, Yeah, well he's a big old boy, Pinjara, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 11: It's what you would imagine is a tank where a crocodile lives. Humans don't go I'm going in there, I think him. I don't know what more to tell you.
Speaker 2: Great, okay, And so do you know that Channel seven are coming down to film all of this?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, No, I didn't know that. But I noticed that they haven't opened this part of the aquarium yet to the public because they probably don't want school children coming here on the excursion.
Speaker 5: See to see an accident like that. There won't be an accident, but to see that. And it takes a long time to clear up human blood and you know, limbs and stuff like that, to fine your other arm and some of that curly hair and to glue it back onto you.
Speaker 2: But you will be Okay. We have surgeons on their way down there just in case.
Speaker 11: Okay, you know what mistake I made? Also, remember we went to that special chairman so lun should the Queen's bird say much? And I had to buy new shoes for it. They didn't have the right shoes. Yeah, my boots and new leather boots. And I'm worried now that you can smell the animal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right. You're right, he's going to go. How dare you're taunting him? Going? Look we do to some of your friends, We wear them on our feet.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so I'm thinking of going in barefoot.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a good idea. That's not a step up. All right, Jack, stay there, we'll come back to you next. You meant to go?
Speaker 11: Yes, thank you, Christian, Oh yeah, signing off from Melbourne Aquarium. Thank you, Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian cotton All Breakfast show ready for Melvin, But there is Melvin ready for him? Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Chances of this working? I'm not sure? Okay, well, let's give us a go. This is live radio, folks.
Speaker 5: Come on, It's a Christian and Color breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I'm aut across live to a crocodile enclosure, Seek Life, Melbourn. If I'm sounding.
Speaker 5: Nervous, I am, and I'm not even next to or above a five meter seven and fifty kilogram crocodile. Young Jack is we're doing this? It's a krocoff. It's our one in Melbourne. Pinjara versus a crocodile up in Darwin? Who can do the better predictions for tonight's soccer U game?
Speaker 2: Jack? Are you there?
Speaker 7: Hello, Christian?
Speaker 6: I'm coming to you from the Melbourne Aquarium, inside the crocodile enclosure.
Speaker 3: It's warm in here, isn't it.
Speaker 7: I'm with Tes who works at the Melbourne Aquarium. It's warmer here than my house. I'm actually having trouble heating.
Speaker 6: My house this winter, and I feel like Pinjara's got a more comfortable lifestyle than I do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, he certainly does.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is basically the environment that he lives in, so it's quite nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's Pinjara's just skulking around at the moment. He hasn't paid too much attention to us, but Tez. As we were walking in the enclosure, which behind the scenes it looks like, imagine Jurassic Park Christians when they're walking around the backstage at Jurassic Park.
Speaker 7: That's what it looks like.
Speaker 6: As we were walking in, just before we open the door to the you said to us another handler, Oh are you going to Jack's going to play some music?
Speaker 7: Is that going to worry Pinjara?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so so different stimuli. We often give him different things to stimulate his mind. We haven't had someone play music on a guitar before, so interesting to see what he does.
Speaker 6: So what's the percentage chance that he hates it and jumps over this barrier in front of us and.
Speaker 2: Choose me up.
Speaker 8: Fortunately, he's a very well behaved crocodile, and it's pretty Yeah, it's next to nothing.
Speaker 3: Until he hears me try and hit those high notes of my song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure how you're singing, will go all right?
Speaker 6: Christian, If you're ready, I'm ready to sing Pinjara into it?
Speaker 7: What am I doing? Am I singing to him so that he predicts better?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right, that's the idea. Well done, Jack. Yeah, let's hope he say big outon John Fan. Otherwise you're in trouble.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: This feels silly, but might as well get out the way. Thanks Tez for having me in the enclosure?
Speaker 7: What's a problem? Can can? Can we? Does he have ease? What can what can say?
Speaker 8: Can he?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: Here we got Pinchara.
Speaker 6: I remember when I was young, being on the radio seem so much fun.
Speaker 7: But we've hardly started this new.
Speaker 6: Show and I'm getting kicked out.
Speaker 7: Of the studio to visit the aquaria. To me, it seems a.
Speaker 15: Little dum to get a crocodile to far see the outcome of a soccer rivalry.
Speaker 6: But Thursday morning, here we are standing in the tank with Pinjara singing to a crock.
Speaker 7: It just doesn't seem right. All right, you Pinjara, pincho right in Jarrah?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 7: Good luck Pinjarra.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Jack did a great job there. Awesome. Awesome.
Speaker 14: Also work.
Speaker 5: We're watching this live on at Facebook. This is what Zuckerberg came up with. This is what I wanted the dream. A man singing to a really, really confused looking crocodile right now, So on Facebook Live. You on on Facebook oh Ce one o four three. We crossed back to Jack in five minutes time and pinja to find out if the crocodile is ready to predict or it hated that performance and doesn't like Elton John the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Joe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Welcome back to a live crocodle off only on Melbourne's one four point three Gold. All right, So the reason we're doing this is and it's our croc of oragin. This is our state of origin, folks. It is a crocodile here in Melbourne trying to predict the Soccerhos game tonight ten o'clock tonight, must win Game two in the World Cup.
Speaker 2: Because there's also crocodile doing this up in Darwin. Can we do it better?
Speaker 5: Our crocodile here in Melbourne, State versus state versus Crockett's are live krokoff. We'll find out to the next ten minutes what's happened up in Darwin. They're doing this right now, just for us. They're filming it. We're here it in the next ten minutes, but right now we cross back to Sea Life Melbourne, where Jack is to find out Pinjara our crocodile.
Speaker 2: Is she going to predict?
Speaker 7: Jack?
Speaker 2: Are you there still?
Speaker 6: I like Christian, I'm still with Pinjari's actually starting to move around.
Speaker 7: It did still during my song.
Speaker 6: I thought that's why I thought he wasn't listening at all, But he started to wade.
Speaker 7: Through the water a little bit.
Speaker 6: I'm here with tez Is, one of the handlers at the Melbourne Aquarium, says, it feels like there's plenty of fish in Pinjara's tank.
Speaker 7: Why doesn't he just if he's hungry, eat the fish?
Speaker 8: OI knows he gets a pretty steady source of food every week from our guys, and it's not really worth his efforts to try and catch something that small.
Speaker 7: Right, so he doesn't even bother trying to snap him up.
Speaker 2: Well, not really that.
Speaker 4: They're kind of like he's grooming fish.
Speaker 6: Okay, And so what we're actually feeding him today is.
Speaker 7: I don't know why I didn't think still feathered.
Speaker 6: The The thing I expected was to see like Dally meat it at Coals or Woolworths and just chuck a few skinned chicken.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it's important for him to get every single piece of meat and feather and everything from the chicken.
Speaker 2: To get is how he eats chicken. By the way, excuse me, claws and everything. Yeah, that's right, folks, feathery, neutral, good old bing, what a lovely breakfast.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 6: He started to smell the chicken, so I think we might as well throw him in it. On one side, on my left side, we have Australia. On my right side, we have Denmark. Depending on which chuck Pinjara eats first, that is who he predicts will win tonight's World Cup game in three two one launch short chickens and Pinjara stays dead still.
Speaker 7: Oh we have movement.
Speaker 2: No, we have movement.
Speaker 7: We have movement, We have movement. Oh no, Pinjara, don't do it. Don't in Denmark's in no, Pinjara, no, oh dear, And he's satisfied.
Speaker 2: He went for the chicken.
Speaker 7: He's still chewing Denmark up.
Speaker 6: Australia is just a sad, headless chok floating in the water.
Speaker 7: Oh for Pats.
Speaker 5: If she wants to Australia, I can see it. I'm watching it all now. Australia Facebook dot Com. Go to O C one O four three that's our Facebook home O C one O four three. No mistake there, it's gone for Denmark.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 7: He doesn't too much, does he? Pinjurats.
Speaker 8: He just pretty much just crunches him into shape and then swallows.
Speaker 7: Whole crunches him into shape and swallows hot.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't need the graphic on a decent Okay, I could see it.
Speaker 7: Looks like he's just made his choice. Jack.
Speaker 6: There, I think I think Tears is hoping that he's still going to read Australia in an attempt to go call. It might be a draw, but he's made his choice. If this really is a psychic prediction, is picking Denmark absolutely.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm looking at right now, Jack, the crocodile appears.
Speaker 5: To be just staring at you. We are he just staring you out? Yeah, he's eyeing you. He is actually yeah, actually.
Speaker 6: He's going to I think Actually, I've probably had enough fun in the tank for one day.
Speaker 3: Chris, come back to you guys.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll see you in a minute, Jack, great work down there. Well not quite what we expected. We were hoping for soccer use prediction, but unfortunately, you know, it's a psychic crocodile. The crocodile looks into the future and comes back to tell us on Gold one or four point three of course that it could be Denmark. Well, we'll find out what the crocodile up in Darwin is predicted.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three the.
Speaker 5: Next hour as well well, also find out the latest from Darwin. What way did Bert the crocodile?
Speaker 2: Did I go there?
Speaker 5: Did it go Sokkarouse or Denmark? Pinjara? Controversial? Not what we wanted, but it is a seven hunch and fifty year kilogram crocodiles. We can't actually nudge it one way, Chat can't get just give a little nudge with his foot.
Speaker 2: Sadly went for Denmark.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes ago The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning the Christian o'cononor Brack. The show continues up until ten a m. We play a few more songs, and we have this view. She can still do stuff with the Bakfast show. The only to call in. We do it on text only.
Speaker 5: It's called the artwork time waste stuff we probably work out for the title. As for you to Trump, pretend to be working but still trying to win prizes with us. All right today, seeing as two hours ago, I confess that I ate my daughter's science homework, not proud of it. Didn't know was science homework. I just saw a can of coat chryst and of bar chocolate. You do the same as me, don't judge. It wasn't clearly labeled. Dad, do not eat science experiment? All right, So we're going to go back to school school songs Jackson and Uber right now on his way back from Well didn't go quite the way we wanted, did it, Jack.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean we all love the song.
Speaker 9: I hope and I pindure the predicted crocodile picked the TODT Australia into that sports cup.
Speaker 10: Max.
Speaker 2: It's a bad sign.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't know what he's predicting skills are like and read too much into it.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see what happens. Tonight. Let's see what happens. Okay, So Jack, this is what doing for Today's that word time waster.
Speaker 5: It's school songs. So I've got don't go break in my art? Thank you, light my fire drill.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it for the team.
Speaker 7: Jim and Juice.
Speaker 2: That's in Jim. Do you exercise Jim and Juice? Didn't Juice? Snoop Dogg?
Speaker 10: Oh, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's so well the song Snoop Dogg. You're familiar with Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just don't know the song all.
Speaker 5: It's only one of his biggest hits. Okay, Jack, what have you got there?
Speaker 7: Live for maneuver u back in blackboard?
Speaker 2: Give him nothing? Perhaps he gave me nothing.
Speaker 11: I thought I might have cut out for a second.
Speaker 2: No out the comedy.
Speaker 11: Everybody wants to Rule of the World.
Speaker 2: That's good. Okay, Gold Damn, that wasn't fun.
Speaker 10: All way to Hell, all way to Hell always hell like it always.
Speaker 2: That's what I just said. Yeah, Tally, you're going to take your home all right?
Speaker 5: Then send us to send us yours on four seven five three one o four three. We're looking for your school songs this morning. For Today's at work time wastter. Oh four seven five O three one oh four three, got some price? This will the better ones. Jack will do the marketing. U talk about the Soccer World couple of moments. If your kids are into it, you're into soccer. The Real Madrid, one of the the world's greatest football teams, Real Madrid World of Football Experiences on now Melbourne Museum Plaza. If you want to get your tickets to find it more, you can go to ticket Tech, but you can also win them right now with your school songs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shoe, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Oh this is awkward.
Speaker 7: Oh this is awkward job.
Speaker 2: Start laughing like we're having a great time. Oh God, Jack's back. Ah, Pats is about to mark the at work time waster. Oh you do it, perfect, breath.
Speaker 5: The list doesn't work yet, So we're two floors up. You've got to run up these huge hues fire exit stairs. There you go, Jack, you go on, come on over there, and five Pats in that are out the older news cage.
Speaker 2: He told her, I regret it. Hey, by the way, Jack, Hello, he stood breath.
Speaker 5: Listen, we've had a text someone's said, a great way to look at what happened with Pinjara going for Denmark.
Speaker 2: It's not Australian crocodile. It's smashed through Denmark, like the socceros are going to smash through Denmark tonight.
Speaker 5: We've interpreted the wrong way. Pinjara was saying, this is what's going to happen. They're going to tear through the defense. Goals are coming.
Speaker 7: But then after the cross finished, he did eat the other chicken.
Speaker 3: Of course he really slowly, and it almost was saying, shay away from the.
Speaker 2: Dark and on the break for show, okay, keep it light, all right.
Speaker 5: So Pats is marking, Jack said of breath school songs, that's what we're looking at today, a high jump way to hell.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that. I'll give that a silver.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's James.
Speaker 5: That's correct, alright, Okay, because sometimes with marking you have like a state examiner who would check the marketing ails.
Speaker 2: Allright, vicilator for the American pie are squared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I might give that gold.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's Paul, you too, with or without glue, that's a gold plus. That's a great one, Josh, well done, son, of a teacher man.
Speaker 4: That's kind of halfway between bronze and.
Speaker 2: Silver tough people.
Speaker 7: So that's called a bronze plus, right.
Speaker 4: Bron forgot or a silver minus.
Speaker 2: I have the trigonometry.
Speaker 7: I don't like that Bronze homework.
Speaker 2: Bounds, you know, Uncle.
Speaker 5: CELESTI men, sorry, you can ring my school bell. Oh that's Good's silver textbooks are burning? So Sam not silver. I didn't ungraded ungraded. I did not finish Bunsen burned for you, Maca and Richmond.
Speaker 4: That's good gold.
Speaker 2: That's a gold learning Japanese.
Speaker 7: I didn't wonder.
Speaker 4: Oh we've got a difference of opinion.
Speaker 7: That's all right. We'll meet somewhere in the middle and go silver.
Speaker 5: Do you know what this person texted in yesterday for the work time?
Speaker 2: I say, and we love? Their name is Freedom is back from Cranborney's. So who do I give the tickets to? Which one did you like the most? Who gets the tickets to go to the real Madrid World of Football experience?
Speaker 3: Do you reckon?
Speaker 13: Jack?
Speaker 3: Well, we gave one gold plus, but I already forgot.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 4: Yes do I you was bad?
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll have to listen back to whoever said that, whoever said that, You've won them, and also give some passes to to freedom in Cranbourne.
Speaker 2: E's because the second time invented. We appreciate that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: I kind of stand now, this is apparently winter to me. What is it fifteen sixteen seventeen. Today it will be yeah, heat wave back home back in the Motherland, a heat wave. They're telling kids don't run outside without putting the SPF on. It is too hot today to work. They're sending kids home from school. This is an amazingly beautiful day. It's a great day today. Now listen, Jack, you've been working reasonably hard on the show. I'd like to offer you and your wife Bianca a little prize from me.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Next Friday night it's on me personally. I've organized this for you guys. You're off to Sea Life Nights at Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium. If you get there for five point forty five runs up until nine pm. Like to turn down for our King and gent two penguins at six fifteen pm, and they have cocktails and you look look around the aquarium where you were earlier, you know, so that's that's a treat for me personally. I've paid for this, so I hope you can make it next Friday night, the twenty ninth of June. I've also had my own money. I've also brought a couple more tickets to give away to people listening right now. It's all thank you from me to you for just how friendly everyone has been welcoming me.
Speaker 2: To this city. I've got some double passes to give away.
Speaker 5: Sea Looff Nights at Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium's just the thing I'm going to do occasionally.
Speaker 2: Just it's on me. That is real.
Speaker 5: It's on me, Melbourne. I've got this one. No, the won't do it this year. Pangy's not doing this year. It is not doing this year. No oh Connor, He's putting his hand in his pocket and going, it's on me. Have some cocktails, look at the Fishy wishy and Sea Life Nights at Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium.
Speaker 2: I've got this one. No stop it. I know you want to chip in, No, put it, put it while away.
Speaker 3: What's the part about watching the penguins go to bed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because obviously they're like two. We got a bitch.
Speaker 5: You go no like penguins singing a little song, reading the book if you want to, it's still down there. I've all organized it for you, your wife and some listeners as well.
Speaker 3: Now you're too generous, too generous, I know. And it's got nothing to do with the fact that they just helped us meet the crocodile. Add out Melbourne Aquarium, Get out.
Speaker 2: Help all right. There are two tops of people in life. Those who see a rainbow and go wonderful rainbow.
Speaker 5: Those people look at that rainbow and go, well, actually, it's just like refracting through water, that's all it is. I'm someone that goes a rainbow. You're someone that goes is like refracting through water, and I can.
Speaker 6: See the refractions through that thinly veiled gesture of yours.
Speaker 2: How dare you?
Speaker 6: I'm actually happy to be back on the show. It was weird to have you guys talking without me on here.
Speaker 2: It didn't feel weird if you what's the word I'm looking for better?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 5: Today we had the live Krokoff a crocodile from here in Melbourne going up against one in the Northern Churches up in Darwin. But the old guy up there in the Northern Territories taken on the young pretender one at fifty two. Pinjara Outrage Today is Pinjara ate the chicken representing the Danes Denmark in tonight's Sokkaro's must wing game at ten o'clock. So Bob was saying, look, you're taking the wrong way. It was a symbol, you know, Binjara smashing through that Danish chicken is a symbol that that's what's going to happen to the subprous and not They're going to smash through the Danes and win. We'll find out tonight at ten o'clock. Title today's show is Dad ate my homework. Now we're going to find out it only just happened the crocodiles. You can't make the meat, can't make them have their breakfast. So we know Holpingjara good on. Jack was down there live an hour and a half ago. Let's now find out. Then, Leanne over at a Krocosaurus cove in Darwin has left this for us.
Speaker 17: Bert is sitting on his ledge at the moment he has a ledgend his enclosure and he's considering. So Charlotte, our crocodile manager, is coming out now onto the ledge. She's going to entice him over with that initial piece of meat.
Speaker 2: I would have gone cheese. Who doesn't like checking.
Speaker 17: Them off off that ledge? Wake them up a little bit. He's having his afternoon nap, so he's positioned right underneath both of them. Now he's coming up a little bit. Now he's ready to predict.
Speaker 2: So that's see who he picks.
Speaker 17: He's giving a girl for Australia, and he's missed it the first time. He's coming back around the Denmark. Now we consider a real prediction. When he actually eats the meat.
Speaker 2: See changed.
Speaker 17: There he goes.
Speaker 4: That is a call for Australia.
Speaker 3: He's not a patriotic croc I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what he is.
Speaker 5: Doesn't look good, but Pinchaa does it. So Pinjara here at Melbourne went for Denmark. Bert the old guy. You heard it there, he's gone for Australia.
Speaker 6: But now we're stuck between two. Once we want Pinjara to do well for Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Otherwise it's a handbag tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Friends.
Speaker 6: Now that's my friend, you're talking about Christian or we And now we want Bert also to be right, because of course we want Australia to win the World Cup match tonight.
Speaker 7: And Stedmark.
Speaker 5: No tari is a Pandora's choice for us today. Oh, poor young Jack, These millennials, they get upset so easily.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three