Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: My name is Santasha Nabananga Bamblet. I'm a proud or the Order Kerni Whaltbury and a waddery woman. And before we get started on She's on the Money podcast, I would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land of which this podcast is recorded on a wondery country, acknowledging the elders, the ancestors and the next generation coming through as this podcast is about connecting, empowering, knowledge sharing and the storytelling of you to make a difference for today and lasting impact for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: She's on the Money. She's on the Money.
Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to She's on the Money podcast, where we share the secrets to starting, growing and thriving in your own business. I'm your host, Surprise Victoria Divine, and today we are diving into a very special business Diaries episode with someone who knows exactly what it takes to build a brand that truly connects. She started her journey as a law student and turned it into a multi million dollar wellness empire while building one of the most engaged communities I've ever seen in this country. She's proof that when you trust your gut, back yourself fully and throw the rule book straight in the bin. You can build a business and a life that feels truly aligned. She's the co founder of Naked Harvest, a supplement brand that disrupts the male dominated wellness space, and the voice behind the Rise and Conquer podcast, which has become a go to for all women chasing big bold dreams. From quitting her safe law job to launching an app and treating self development like a business strategy. She does it all while being radically honest about the highs and the lows of it all. That's right. You won't be surprised to hear that. Today we are joined by the incredible Georgie Stevenson. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: My love, what an intro. I feel so social.
Speaker 1: We try so hard with fun intros. I'm not reading the bier that you had on your website, go fro. I was like, I need to take that of mind. You can have this and take it home. It's a Victoria Divine special or put.
Speaker 4: Down at the bottom by the Thank you so much for having me. I'm so excited to be here. I am such a big fan of the potty and yours for a very long time.
Speaker 1: So fine, very excited to have you here because I feel like we were saying this on your podcast earlier. It's like a Yin and yang like and I just feel like it fits so well, and I see it as such an opportunity in my podcast obviously to have you on. We could have done a million things, right, Like we could have talked about mindset. We could have talked about strategy or manifestation or literally any of these things. But like, go, I want to know about your business, like I want the needy because you know, my favorite topic.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, Oh.
Speaker 1: You know how many people message me and they're like, I really want to start a business, I want to do this, I want to do that, And they have all these assumptions and you've thrown all of them in the bin. Go, let's start with your business story. Let's dive straight in. Tell me you spent six years studying law, you landed a job, you ran away, you left it all behind you like yeat see you later. Tell me how did you go from there to being the owner of a multi million dollar business, Because that's not just like oh I have a little side hustle girlfriend.
Speaker 4: You are killing it. Thank you, thank you so really. I yeah, I was doing corporate law. I got to the end, I finished my law degree. I was like in the court, holding that certificate from the judge. I had an offer a really great law firm I'd worked in family law, paid my dues. I was like at that point. And on the side, I was, you know, growing my community on social media. I was doing YouTube and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to follow you. I don't know if I should admit that, but yes, I used to follow you. You and I thank you for this the same page.
Speaker 4: And I had this just moment where I saw the trajectory of what it could look like being a lawyer, being a corporate lawyer or you know, being a family lawyer. And I was like, cool that, look, it's fine. I could do it. I know I could do it, proving I just proved it. But I was like, I just have this yearning, I have this calling, I have this little voice inside me saying, what if there was something different, what if there was something more? What if you loved going to work? What if you, like you know, woke up every single day and you really felt like you were not only loving your life, but you were like living your passions where other people could feel that. And so that was the little voice. I had no idea, and you couldn't even hear her clearly at that point. Well it's like she said that, but there was nothing else, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what's that even mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a bit confused. But I had never ever taken time for myself. I had never had a gap year out of high school to UNI. I never went traveling. I was always like, oh, no, I've got to check all the things out.
Speaker 1: The same thing like it was, you just have it inside you that No, a gap year would be wasted time. I cost some money, waste of money, mate of time, Like, no, I've got to go to UNI and get stuff done.
Speaker 4: It got a life to live here. Yeah, and I've got to do it all very fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we've also got something to prove.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, of course. And I just had this moment where I was like, look, I need some space because this voice is very loud. I do have this side hustle where I'm making some sort of money, So I do have this, you know, net It's not like too crazy, but I need some space to figure out what this all means. So I took a year, caught my gap year, and I spent a year honestly for the first time in my entire life. I was about twenty four twenty five honoring myself and just being like, let's see what happened. It's like completely surrendering, which was I was a control You quit your job, went no other job to go to.
Speaker 1: I did have money, and I did have a mortgage. We didn't do that without a safety nere No, she's an emergency fund. Very logical, and yeah, I spent it like stilulu, but it's not that there was a plan. Then you got to be diluted, wasn't that.
Speaker 4: And I spent a year like going on brand trips, like I went to like this gym Shark event, and I like created a recipe ebook and I did a whole bunch of things that were just a bit for you, random and very like Georgie was like, no, if it's got to be like the end goal, like she was very planned, very strategic. Things had to look a certain way. And I just spent the year creating space, doing fun things, very out of character to me. And what eventuated from that year is, you know, I was on YouTube I was on a huge fitness journey then probably a little bit toxic that it was.
Speaker 1: A sign of the time. No, like we literally and go, well what were you doing? But I was right there with you unbalanced.
Speaker 4: But look she you know it's got me to variety, soave.
Speaker 1: It to me please. And nowadays I'm like, do not put that stuff into your body? What are you doing? Absolutely about education with intoitive eating and.
Speaker 4: You know, so I was doing partnerships and I was working for the supplement brand. It was fully vegan, natural all the things. Because I was also going through a hormone and balance and I was like trying to heal that. And basically I found out through friends of friends in the industry that this supplement company were lying about what was on the packet. They in fact had dairy traces. They in fact had multidextrom which is like sugar and lying complete in the packet. And I was like, what I work for these people. I felt so bad because like I'm influencing people to buy this, And so I remember calling my brother being like, oh my god, I'm so embarrassed, like I've got to tell everyone, like, because I really.
Speaker 1: Talk, feel like you've got a responsibility. At that point, I really took it seriously.
Speaker 4: How I showed up online and I really felt like I, yeah, had a responsibility anyway, So that whole thing happened. I told people on YouTube, you'll the video still up if you ever want to go find it.
Speaker 1: I do, I do.
Speaker 4: I can always tell you all fair. And then basically Cooper turned around a couple weeks later and he was like, why don't you start your own supplement business.
Speaker 1: You're a genius and do.
Speaker 4: It properly and you know, make sure it's integral and you know, you have the community, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you're a genius, sir.
Speaker 4: No. I was like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 1: I could never do that.
Speaker 4: I could never start my own business. Like that sounds horrible. I hate logistics. I hate that side of things, Like I want to be creative. I just left corporate. Cooper like, I don't want to be in shackles again. Absolutely not, And so he then was like, yeah, no, I get you. And then again a couple of weeks later he come back and he's like, what if we do it together? What if I did the boring things and you know, you still got to be creative. He knew in his head I was still going to have to do the boring things, but he was trying to pick Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a smart man.
Speaker 4: He's so smart. And he was a plumber at the time. Yeah, no business.
Speaker 1: Experience, That's exactly what I expected.
Speaker 4: Obviously he had his own business, so you know, somewhat. So that's how Naked Harvest was born. And really we saw such a gap in the market because at that time, this is what you know, six seven years ago, you'd walk in a supplement store and it was so intimidating. There is lightning bolts that his four nad meg of caffeine.
Speaker 1: All black and it's all yellow, and it's very aggressive.
Speaker 4: So aggressive, and the guy serving you as this huge, buff gorilla.
Speaker 1: Guy we all know didn't get those muscles from the protein on the shows. We all know where where that came from.
Speaker 4: And he's like, you should take this, and it's like, yeah, four hundred mega caffeine and I'm already an anxiously control freight up. Yeah, Like I don't need that, and I'm trying to balance my hormones and that's the last thing I need and I really just saw such a gap in the market, and I was like, women do not feel safe, they do not feel seen, they do not feel welcome.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Like way back in the day, I was buying that, you know, remember the Max's protein powder, and how I had that cult following I was buying the Maxines protein powder because it was the only one, was the only one that was really marketed towards women. Somewhat I felt like maybe that was better for me, and like you're going on this journey, but you don't know.
Speaker 4: You don't know, and it feels a bit wild. So we were like, okay, we do want terrible stuff. By the way, just to be incredibly clear for I was going to say, we were like, okay. So basically, the intention of the company is be integral. First of all, what we see in the packaging is what you get snaked, no feelers, no crap, hence the naked and then also fun packaging, pink, fun packaging, because also women get to play in the fitness industry and we don't have to be serious, we don't have to like I'm muscle gorilla mess.
Speaker 1: Like I know this business inside and out, and like even just hearing you talk about it. I'm like, yes, this is exactly what we need.
Speaker 4: And we're like, it's not that deep, it's not that serious. We can look after our healths. We can still be.
Speaker 1: You guys do the seriality, but we don't have to think about that because you've done the thinking for us.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and you just get to be who you are. You don't have to feel intimidated. You've like the products are very clearly, this is what's in it, this is how it's going to help you. And then also a lot at the start we focused on education for women, so like why creatine is actually really good for women, why al carter teene is actually really good for women, and why making sure it's that this dose, or if you are going to have pre workout, why you should only be having two hundred meg et cetera, excetera, especially if you're having a coffee, and really educating women of what they're putting in their body.
Speaker 1: Literally, reason why I know about that stuff floating?
Speaker 4: And yeah, So that's kind of how it was born and how it came about to be. And then obviously you know, we scaled, we worked on it, and it has grown into something like I didn't know more incredible than I ever thought that.
Speaker 1: It is actually insane how much this has grown. And you know, I think I feel very privileged to have been in a position where I did get to watch that journey. Like obviously we didn't know each other at that point, but like you have been so open and sharing and like going from you know, being Georgie on YouTube who I was watching while I was doing my bikini body workout somewhere else, like no bit like that growth I feel like has matched your audience as well, because we've all gone through it, Like that's what we used to be interested in, And there is this pivot of content where.
Speaker 4: So just to quickly add because that was another thing as I was also getting out of my toxic culture phase. And so you'll notice on our page we never used before and afters. We never talk about weightless.
Speaker 1: That's not why we're doing.
Speaker 4: It, no, and we were very much trying to say, look, you can want a healthy life, and you can want to know about what you put in your body with not the goal of being the smallest possible version of yourself, which is really what debilitated me for years and years and years as well, and it was so toxic and it was just it really kept me so small and so many other ways than just my weight. And so that's also another thing that we voiced and we really four fronted, which again six years ago that was quite bolt Like people thought.
Speaker 1: That you've paved the way for that to be the norm, and like that is from someone who went through that period of time before finding YouTube, Like this is a bit more personal. I did have an eating disorder and then kind of that was my me gripping at control, right and like it is very controlling, and then getting out of that toxic mindset. Now, if you ask me, my weight is the most unimportant thing about me, Like why.
Speaker 4: Are we talking about any interesting things?
Speaker 1: And it annoys me when people bring it up, Like if people are like, oh my goodness, you had a baby, and how did you lose the bait, Let's not talk about that. I'm a finance person, yeah, but don't come to me for that advice. Go somewhere else.
Speaker 4: That's literally why I started my podcast, because I'm like, no, let's actually be women who can have deeper conversations that's more than how we look and what way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, all right, Georgie. I have loved this, but I'm gonna have to hold it up there. Let's go to a really quick break and on the flip side, we're gonna dive a little bit deeper. You went into business with your brother. They always say don't go into business with friends or family, and you literally went for the closest one to you.
Speaker 4: I know I did get that memo. What's that you know?
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry I forgot to text it to you. It's clearly worked out though, But nitty gritty, what's it like working with your brother? Because if I worked with my sister, we would act exactly like like sisters. Honestly.
Speaker 4: It's funny because me and Cooper, so I actually have three older brothers, So I have like the two oldest oldest, and then it's like Cooper and then it's me.
Speaker 1: I'm the youngest out of this baby.
Speaker 4: The baby girl of course says a lot. And me and Cooper kind of grew up together because the older two were a bit older. We'd always be playing together, so we had this mutual respect and we always.
Speaker 1: Saw each other like you two against the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like very on the same level. And I'd say we were close growing up. But I wouldn't say we were like extremely close. Like it wasn't like ride or die vibes. It was like, oh, yeah, he's my brother. You know, he'd like dub on me if I went to a party and stuff like, Yeah, it wasn't like best he still.
Speaker 1: Deeper dobber, but like a strange time he'd had your back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, he had my back. And then we I don't know, I think we had this beautiful mutual respect for each other. I really respect him for his business mind, for his integrity, for the way he shows up for his wife, his children, the way he's always showed up for his family, you know, his values. He's always respected me for my creativity, for you know, obviously what I do on social media, on my drive. And we've always realized that without the like, for example, I could have started this business and done this business by myself, and the fact is I didn't want to and he made it easier, and I absolutely like would not want to do it with anyone else. And also actually maybe I could not have like who knows, because that's.
Speaker 1: I love the different reality between the two of you two. It's really it's so.
Speaker 4: Fun and beautiful, so wholesome, we have so much love and respect, and I think what makes it really great is if there's any problems, we are so great at communicating and we will always be so real with ourselves and with the other person, and we just talk it out. And I think also in business, you have to have so much trust. And I think him being my blood, you know, our family being very close and connected, he is someone I trust with my inherently, yeah, inherently, And I think it's like there's never any ickiness there. And also like for a long time, obviously I know everything, but like he kind of did the financials, logistics and what we're not to ask about that next, and I could always we were transparent with each other. But I had so much trust because he trusted me so much. Like obviously it's a more of a female brand. So it's like I really took control with creative, with our message, with how we showed up online, with you know, kind of the front facing things of the business. And he never questioned me. Actually he did sometimes, but like.
Speaker 1: Very like constructively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we've always just had this. You still need your brother to.
Speaker 1: Keep you in check and be like, what are you doing on the internet. Georgie.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you go, okay, let me let me explain, let me justify market the marketing tactic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And then also what's been really good is because we had this business over for example, you know, I have had Ivy, I'm pregnant again. He has three children with fourth on the way. Ah, I know, babies, so many babes. We come from a big family, and so sometimes I have to tap out of the business a bit, and then sometimes he does. And honestly, having a business partner who has so much respect and.
Speaker 1: On the same life journey as you as well, like and they didn't get the kids. That might be different, but like he just.
Speaker 4: Again have love for you, and they weren't. Like, no, I want you to have the best newborn experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's honestly incredible. I feel love that so blessed.
Speaker 1: I could never have a business partner ever ever again because your bar is set up here. You touched on finances before. Tell me how did you make it work financially to begin with? Because like Naked Harvest, gorgeous business, but like you would have had to invest so much in branding, packaging, manufacturing, and then I'm just going to take a stab in the dark here. Your products probably cost a lot more to produce because they are naked, like they ask what they say they are on the packet. There's no filler, there's no junk like that means more expensive. How did you do it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: And to be very transparent, we both put in about eighty grand each to start Naked Harvest, and that included that's a good start, yes, that included developing the products. That included you know, paying for the first round of packaging, Trademark's website, all that sort of stuff. And it was over a year, so it wasn't like eighty grand all up. It was like just like incremental across the journey. But did you talk about that first, like hey, we have to tip in money or did you both just have a level of financial security before you started.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 4: I honestly don't think we released how much it was going to cost, because that's a lot of money off.
Speaker 1: Also, if I told you how much it would have cost, you probably would have shied away a little bit absolutely, like, oh no, that's a big investment.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: And it kept costing more and more money, like they kept being more things. Cooper actually had to refinance his house. Oh my good so he leveraged his house on.
Speaker 1: A bit really said I believe in you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he was like, I'm all in. I personally didn't like I just like again, was working the whole time, using cash coming in, using all my sounds.
Speaker 1: Like you guys are like self funded.
Speaker 4: Self funded, bootstrapped, and then what we would do is like, you know, we sold the first you know, round of products, and then we used all the money to invest back in the next round. Yeah, et cetera, et cetera, and we're still self funded, we're still fully bootstrapped, and we just make it work. Honestly, it's scary sometimes you've an eight figure company and how much money we've got to pay to.
Speaker 1: Let we're not talking and as we're talking eight figures here.
Speaker 4: It's really scary the amount of money we have to let go of.
Speaker 1: And I'm just easing invoicing coming in and out, like something for me about scaling. And I definitely am not at your level, Like I'm seven figure, low seven figures, and I look at it and I just go, oh my goodness, Like I do payroll and I go, that's so much money. And I do tax, and I do super in all of these things, Like they start adding up and I think people go, oh my god, you must be so rich. Like if you looked at my bank account and I go, babe, all that's allocated, Like that's payroll right there, that's that's that. You know, I've got my little business emergency fund. Do you get overwhelmed doing it now? Because it's scaled? Like do you look at it and log into your Internet banking and see numbers and go ill? Like that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think because of the mindset work and like the energetics I've done around money, I don't. Yeah, but that has taken so much work. I've worked on my money story. I've worked on my smatic feeling towards you know, three hundred grand leaving the bank account.
Speaker 1: At one time in one transaction.
Speaker 4: In one transaction to ospos and specifically pins. Yeah, And I've had to because money disregulates people and then they make bad decisions in a disregulated place. And so I have kind of understood that from the start. And Mean Cooper have been huge on self development, which we were big on before we started Naked Harvest, which again so grateful for and so we just have really worked on our nervous system. We have worked on our mindset, We have worked on the you know, like not only the mindset, obviously having the strategy. We have the right people, we have the right accountant, we have a financial and we have the people. And so then I trust, I really trust, and it is scary, and I can be very transparent and say, like, to run our business, yes, it's an eight figure business. To run per month takes about six hundred thousand dollars. That's the like, we're not profiting off that.
Speaker 1: No, that's just the base amount that needs to come in to pay people like and I think people forget that when you start scaling.
Speaker 4: Like you just paying more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like and people go, oh my god, she must have millions and millions of profit. Yes, of course, Like we're sharing that publicly too, but like that is small in comparison to what it takes to run that beast.
Speaker 4: And also, like, you know, if God forbids something happens one month, then you know we are going through a lot happening with you.
Speaker 1: If you're investing in a new product and you're like, you know, it hasn't been released yet, and you need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on this, Like you've got to not only have the cash flow to sustain the business, where's the investment for growth coming from?
Speaker 4: Well, that's even something we've learned on the way, I guess. And we have no business backgrounds and no financial background. None of our family members have done this. I didn't really have a team around you, right, amazing team. But for example, like a couple of years ago, we launched the candy collection at Naked Harvest and this was six products that all had like candy flavored and this was really huge for us. We actually had such a huge scaling moment in our business. But for example, we had never backed and paid for cash flow wise six products because again our products are very high quality and they do take a lot of money, especially the batches we do them in. And for example, that was the scariest point because for a moment there I was like cash flow wise, I was like, holy shit, this covera shine needs to work out otherwise we're not going to have jobs. Yep.
Speaker 1: And that was a moment. Again obviously huge tree seeing that, right.
Speaker 4: No, they just see the huge launch and it went so I was so perfect, Thank god, because I would have been on the streets. I would have had gone back to the But again, that was such a huge moment where I was like, oh, huge risks, huge reward, huge risk. And again it doesn't always turn out. We've had other launches where it hasn't turned out. We've made mistakes.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it wasn't one way. You did six products at one.
Speaker 4: Time the Lord, and yeah, we've had to figure out that sort of stuff. But again, you keep showing up, you keep working it out. You google a lot of stuff, you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: You've got to be open to it. I think the second that you stop being open to learning and you start thinking you know everything is the moment that your business starts to slow down and fall because you're actually not all that anymore.
Speaker 4: And also think, the biggest thing about our business that has always kind of worked well is from the very start we have listened to our community.
Speaker 1: You guys have a thriving community. What's the secret there? Because you're listening to them, but like, not only are you listening, they want you to do well like your community. Oh my god, they don't just back you, They they ride at dawn like they are, that's there, but like am I lying? Like you no say anything bad about you? Guys, they're the first to be like absolutely not. Like you don't even need your own PR team. They'll look after you.
Speaker 4: We don't have PRS.
Speaker 1: No, you don't need it because this community is backing you. How do you create a community that backs you your products, even products that haven't been launched yet, because they know that you did the right thing. How do you do that, Georgie? Because that's the unicorn, isn't it? Yes?
Speaker 4: I think you like, like I said, for example, before we even started Naked Harvest, we had the intention that this was to make women feel seen in the fitness industry and to make them feel welcomed and to make no one feel like they have to change their body but they can still look after their health. And because we went with such a beautiful intention and obviously such a hard hitting intention that resonated with and we didn't just start with that and then start making a lot of success and forget. We've maintained that the whole way through. Like I said, we constantly asked our community what do they want? How do they want it? Like, for example, we recently repriced. Our creatives saw that it was so exciting.
Speaker 1: Oh like just a brand being like, hey, we're doing really well, we can drop prices for you. What brand does that? Georgie?
Speaker 4: I know, especially when like, look our CFO was like, oh, your CFO would have been like Georgie's de Lulu again and you're like, hold my mic Well, So we have always when we are creating prices for a product, we go off a set formula of how much the product costs, and then obviously putting on a certain amount to cover costs for our team, for for dekeeping, the life for the next products, et cetera. And it has always been a set for me. It's just how we do it. We don't actually looked too much at the market. We don't actually try it, which.
Speaker 1: Because we're not trying to compete with the market. We're in our own lane.
Speaker 4: We just see ourselves in our own lane. And for example, we are very excitedly working with a new manufacturer and they were able to get us the same high quality ingredients for creating. Creating is interesting because it's basically one ingredient. So that's why we could do such a drop and basically we started working with a new manufacturer and we got a really great deal because we were buying so much of it. Because we had never launched creatine. We bought a smaller batch. It went bananas scale, and so we buy bigger batches now and so that exact formula has now changed. And of course we could have kept that profit. That would have been the business decision. That's probably what other people would have done. But me and Cooper sat down and I said, you know, it's really important. At the moment. There is a lot happening in the economy. People are really feeling it. And our goal is always to make supplements accessible and easy to use in their life and easy to buy and easy to you know, so it doesn't feel so it doesn't feel like a lifestyle for these people over there. It's a lifestyle that everyone do have. We all get to enjoy our health, we all get to be healthy. So we were like, yeah, we're going to reduce the price, and we obviously, you know, did a whole post on it, and we had such great feedback. Obviously people are going to love that.
Speaker 1: We love saving money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course I love saving money.
Speaker 1: If you're your community, talk about saving money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think like another thing too, is we've always been very transparent with our community. We've always just been like, here's how it is if we make a mistake, here's how it is, if we, you know, need to change prices, if people are upset about something. We are so transparent. We always listen to our community. And also, my community knows I'm not perfect. They know I never you know, ran a business before, and they're so beautiful with me being someone who can just like show up for them, for the community and be myself. It's such a beautiful. It's a relationship. I really see Naked Harvest in a relationship with its community, and I think that is what makes our business so different.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Pivoting back to finance for a hot second, So you run an eight figure business, At what point did you go, Holy guacamole, this is a number I've hit. I feel successful because you speak to business owners and you just don't take the time sometimes to reflect or take the time to set financial goals where you feel like you've made it like everyone wants to make it. But what does that even mean? So when you were setting financial goals, was there a number that you hit that, you were like, Cooper, Cooper, did you see that? I think we're legit now, like or do you still feel you're like you're just oh, we're treading water, we're doing this, we're doing that. What is it like? Such a good question.
Speaker 4: I honestly think probably when we did hit that seven figures, because again, I come from a family where my dad was a plumber, my mom was a stay at home mum, and they you know, we had the best childhood and we had everything.
Speaker 1: We needed but a million dollars.
Speaker 4: But we were yeah, we were not in that category. So when you know, the business made around that, and the biggest thing was the business made around that much money. And I loved showing up for work. I loved our community, I loved our products, I loved working. I loved looking at the profit and loss and like all those things. That was probably the moment where I was like, holy crap, I cannot believe we have not only created this community, this company, but it's felt not so much easy because it has like absolutely like dig work. I probably worked way more than I did when I was in my corporate job, but it has felt so aligned and so exciting and so I just felt so lit up the whole time. And I think that was the moment where I was like, holy crap, Like I did not believe this was ever possible. I grew up with my dad being like, you work hard, you provide for your family. It's not fun. Like he was digging trenches his whole life, plumbing, and so like.
Speaker 1: Now he's sort of like floats around and he's like, do you want to come in my pool? And he's just like, what is this life? Ye, no joke.
Speaker 4: Amut of money conversations I have my parents is incredible and it's so open minded, so what's really good? But I think that was the moment where I was like, what, Yeah, this is possible. Yeah and did it and I did it and yeah, it's honestly still surreal. Like when I'm like, oh, we have an eight figure company, I'm like do we?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 4: Like, let me just check.
Speaker 1: Do you feel a little bit like a fraud? Like is there that I feel like you wouldn't because you're so good at mindset? But I talked to so many business owners that are like, oh, like I do have that money on my account and I do have this I do feel a little bit like a fraud or like you know, you've got that imposter syndrome, You've got that idea that someone's going to you on.
Speaker 4: The shoulder and it's all gonna go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like I still struggle with that a little bit because I just go what if, Like what if? What if people realize that I'm just a girl with an iPhone and I'm not as smart as you think I am. Yeah, and like you know when we stuff, course it's talking about its electrophic career that's obviously not gonna happen any But do you feel that.
Speaker 4: Again, Absolutely, I'm only human. I come just just a girl. Yeah, Like I'm just a girl. And I, like I said, the background I come from, I never thought this would be my life. Like I even if I was dreaming super big, I don't ever think I would have like got here. So absolutely, and of course I feel the fears and the doubts and the imposter syndrome. But again because of the mindset work I do and I teach, I am constantly processing those feelings and never letting them disregulate me or overtake me, because again I don't want them to rule any disc decisions. And I truly believe. It's like when you're stepping into the person you want to be and you're clear in your vision, you need to make decisions from that person, not who you currently are, and that's how you get there. And so if you're currently feeling like doubt, imposter syndrome, not good enough, and you make decisions from that, you're going to either stay the same or go backwards. And we obviously don't want to do that. So when I am feeling like that, I regulate my nervous system. I know, process it.
Speaker 5: I do some.
Speaker 4: EFT tapping and I work through. It's just an emotion and we all feel it like we all have fear. It's our brain protecting us. Thank you brand.
Speaker 1: But you can stop that now, like I get fight off flight, but I'm not a cave man. Please stop this.
Speaker 4: No, I have the tools, and that's the thing is we all have the tools, and we all can progress in this area. And so then I get myself in a mindset in a like my nervous system in a position of future me, and then I do my day make decisions from.
Speaker 1: I love that so much. If someone is listening to this podcast and they haven't been introduced to you before. Obviously you've got a whole podcast, You've got Rise and Conquer, which I'm obsessed with, Like I feel like, if I'm in a bad mood, I'm like, absolutely not, let's put on an episode of this because I'll step into the right mindset that if they've just met you and they're obviously listening to this episode because we're talking about business and life and how all of that comes together. What would you say is your biggest piece of advice for stepping into being the person you want to be in business?
Speaker 4: I think you've said this in your intro, but you have to throw out the rule book because I guarantee you, like, we all have these beautiful desires on our hearts that are unique to us, and how I've done it is going to be different to how Victoria does it and how so many other people want to do it. And so it's really important to have expanders, to have these people we look to and we get inspiration and motivation to. But the biggest change that I saw in my evolution in my business success was when I started listening to my intuition, to my inner self, and I quieted the noise and I was able to follow my desires and trust myself and build that self trust. And simply how you build that self trust is you say you're going to do something and you do it, and so like that can be very small and you can build that up. And yeah, I would say, like, start listening to yourself more, start getting self curious. Like again, if you are having limiting beliefs of why you can't start the business or why you can't be successful, this is really great because it's just showing you what you need to look at, what you need to heal, what you need to transcend, what you need to move through in order to be this incredible person.
Speaker 1: That you we all have.
Speaker 4: Like I had that little voice and I still wasn't clear, and I had to go and find her and I had to go and clear the gun work.
Speaker 1: It's literal work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's you got to do the work. And so I really believe it's like, start listening to your little internal dialogue a bit more, Start listening to those fears, those limiting beliefs, because it's going to show you what you need to clear, what you need to move through to become your most incredible self, which we all have that person inside us, like I love to say, like I'm not special, Like if you met twenty one year old Georgie, you would be like, oh my god, she's so average, she's so normal. There's nothing special about her.
Speaker 1: That is not true, but sure, and I will believe that second.
Speaker 4: Thank you for Brett. But I have been able to progress because I have believed in myself because of the self trust. I've cleared the gunk and anyone can do it. And I feel like you feel the same way, where you're like, absolutely, if I can do it, baby, you can do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I just you can, Like it's not that hard or that deep. You actually just have to pull your head out of the sand and get some work done. Like I think so many of us are writing.
Speaker 4: Look at like the iky stuff. You have to look at your conditioning. You have to look at why you think that way while why.
Speaker 1: You have that confronting Like we're not here saying this is easy work, Like it's easy once you get there, but like the work can feel icky, it can feel gross, it can be really confronting because you're learning things about yourself that you don't really like, Like no.
Speaker 4: We're becoming a new person.
Speaker 1: No one wants to hear that they're not who they want to be. Yeah, like I want someone to be like, oh, you're so inspiring. But there was a period of time when I was not that.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't inspiring, and I didn't feel good about myself, and I didn't have good internal dialogue, and I didn't have the self belief and the self esteem and all those sorts of things like that. Georgia was built brick by brick, So if I can do it, like you can do it too.
Speaker 1: We're just girls. We're just hanging out and I know that we've done the World House. But at the end of the day, we just girls that have done the work.
Speaker 4: And who love the work. I find a hidden limiting belief or like a doubt, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: She's going, yes, perfect, let's do the work. Yeah, I've got more work to do. This was good.
Speaker 4: I love a challenge, Georgie.
Speaker 1: I have adored this conversation, and I just know that my community is going to eat it up as much as I have right now, like they are going to be like Victoria. That was one of the best episodes, So thank you so much for that. Thank you for your time and I just you've shared so much like your honesty, your insight, even just going back to yeah, the numbers happen when you do the work on your mindset. Is so true for anyone who isn't following along already, which they absolutely should be. Where's the best place to find exactly what you're up to it?
Speaker 4: It was just my personal instagram, Georgie Stevenson or Naked Harvest or all of them, Naked Harvest's Instagram, whatever you feel.
Speaker 1: Like, Oh my goodness, well, thank you so much for being on the show. And guys, if you loved this chat just as much as I did and you want a little bit more behind the scenes stories from brilliant business owners just like Georgie, make sure you head over to the business Biable feed. I'm going to pop a link in the show notes for you because we're going to be moving all of our Business Diaries episodes over there very soon. If you don't want to be missing out on what's coming next, I'm going to see you guys next time. If by shared on She's on the Money is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances, She's on the Money exists purely for educational purposes and should not be relied upon to make an investment or financial decision. If you do choose to buy a financial product, read the PDS TMD and obtain appropriate financial advice tailored towards your needs.
Speaker 5: Victoria Devine and She's on the Money are authorized representatives of Money. Sheoper Pty Ltd ABN three two one six four nine two seven seven zero eight AFSL four five one two eight nine pick take It Back a