Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The Street continues. Wowwe twenty twenty, the year of the podcast intro Street. Can he keep it up? Yes? All right? So on today's podcast some there's any way to say this, real crazy callers and all the better for it as well. Had some amazing stories on five to bit Tuesday. We're you're about to hear. If you've got any stories of five to bit Tuesday, places you've fallen asleep, rules that your parents had, famous people you've seen at the cinema, or weird dates, email me Christian at Gold one I four to three dot com dot Au the same email if your parents banned you from anything where they had a mum or dad, fatwa, I want to hear about those for tomorrow's shows. If you want to get in early to the party. And as Eva, I know a lot of you are supporting our beer at the moment, the Bushfire Relief Beer Heroes Gold many many thanks. If you do want to order your beer, you can pre order it now at Gold one I four three dot com dot Au. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: On with the show, Christian. Hello, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We checked under the rug.
Speaker 1: We checked the dog's mouth. Now it makes sense why.
Speaker 2: He was wearing that Bain mask.
Speaker 1: The photo Christian Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melvin's gold motto four point three Hey, good morning Tuesday morning.
Speaker 2: On the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, and indeed on other breakfast shows as well. The time isn't exclusive to us. Good morning, Jack.
Speaker 3: Bucks, Good morning Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 4: But ti cos Hello, how are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Was it Jack and I? It would have been both watched Uncut Diamonds on Uncut Gems last night, the Adam Sander movie, which is finally on Netflix. Were you watching Maps? Of course?
Speaker 4: I was Adam Mapp's party.
Speaker 2: Did yall? Was it good to get it back in your eye?
Speaker 4: It was fabulous, started out a bit rough but redeemed itself.
Speaker 3: By Map party. You don't actually mean you had friends able to watch it together?
Speaker 4: Did you just me myself and I and my cup of Milo?
Speaker 3: I haven't had a Milo since I was a kid five, I could mind or something like that now now?
Speaker 2: And so you made Krista where we love God sit through the filth as well?
Speaker 4: But he only lasted about halfway through, so I just can't do this anymore. Through the arms up in the air and went to the other Telly tell.
Speaker 2: Me this right. I've only seen like five minutes of her right. Because the kids like watching it occasionally and I was just moaning so badly throughout it, they threw me out the room. There seems to be a lot of screeching and arguing from angry faced people.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that will ramp up.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to sit with that just to see people bickering and arguing.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of botox, there's a lot of fake tan, there's a lot of blonde. There's a lot of fake fingernails.
Speaker 2: Go to Queensland if you want to come out in Brizzy on a Friday or sat To night, you'll see plenty of that. Take a camera up there, wander around, knock yourself out. So did you actually do? You actually? Obviously enjoy it because I know there's a people that watch its true.
Speaker 4: It's Teva, you don't have to think too hard about I love just watching the human interaction.
Speaker 2: Oh this is what people do.
Speaker 5: True, I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm lessen You are more a psychologist, have a dissertation coming out tomorrow, a paper published on what I saw.
Speaker 4: One couple in particular, I'm very hopeful.
Speaker 2: About what do you mean, very hopeful.
Speaker 4: About Tappy and Josh. She had a dream.
Speaker 2: No, I do have to stop you now. This is a maths free and all those the water wool sewer of TV. That is a reality show free. And we must stay strong on this. This is what it does. It starts to creep through the brick work. It's like rising down.
Speaker 3: Before you know, we've got a fifty thousand dollars problem on our hands.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So yesterday, Heroes Go. This is our bushfire fundraising beer went on sale for a pre order. It's supposed to be going to Dan Murphy's in BWS who are stucking it in about two and a half weeks time. But if you pre order it you can get it delivered to wherever you are in Australia from flat fee of ten dollars and you get it before anybody else. It's almost we're almost at the point where we're not far off, only a couple of cases of it being about fifty percent of the beer run that they're initially doing this is Hawker's being sold out and that was just yesterday Deer one day one, which is amazing. Three hundred and twenty cases of Heroes Goal were sold yesterday, one hundred and fifty two four packs. So to everyone who's been doing that, thank you very very much. It's all going for a great cause. But I appreciate the effort that you're doing, especially when it's the time of year, which is why we didn't pay your bills when people are a bit typed with cash as well. So we're with you mind a four pack or a case, thank you very very much. So yeah, three hundred and twenty cases went yesterday, one hundred and fifty two four packs. Now we can obviously see where they're going. We can see a breakdown. The interesting thing is Jack and Pats is that people all over Australia will get involved. There's even been an order in WA three up in Queensland, four over in New South Wales, essay, South Australia with six orders, which is put And what I'm seeing here in the UK, which is actually impossible on the website we know is that there's a delivery or billing address in the UK but a delivery dress in Cremorn. So what is someone up to?
Speaker 3: They have a mule in Cremorn.
Speaker 2: In Cranbourne. Cranbourne is the number one suburb with the most amount of orders so far in the last twenty four hours with nine orders. Thank you very much Cranbourne. Here in Richmond where we are every morning, eight orders, which is incredible. Nery Warren six orders. Then I see one in Hampton. That's me. Come on Hampton, come on Bayside, do your book. Coburg is just jack about it and where it be, Pats, you're doing well there three orders?
Speaker 4: Ah good, We could do with more though, now is that.
Speaker 2: Chris just during it during last nights trying to hope for salvation and beer form? So yeah, these are loads of other suburbs that haven't done anything yet.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like to reach out to my fellow Coburgians and say, please jump online order the beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my fellow residents of the Base Sinde Community, South Side as we call ourselves South Sidis and Hamptonia, the good people of Hamptonia, please come on head online to gold one oh four three dot com dot au. I reckon by towards the end of this week there will be no more heroes. Goal to get it what he can. Also, I s to just say, Patsy, have you've done your order?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Has everyone hands up? If you haven't ordered. People that work on the show hands up. People haven't ordered the beer yet?
Speaker 3: Tommy video guy, have you ordered? He's not listening anymore, Tom's He's not He's going in a few weeks anymore.
Speaker 2: He's needing us to rock and roll. Anytime he looks in the studios like are they still talking again? Say every couple of minutes, there's another yammy, yamy yeaby yeaba.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm wanting to Paul listening to us in New Zealand and christ Church this morning on the iHeart app. Christian I was over in Melbourne over Christmas and experience a small part of the devastation that Australia is suffering and has suffered. We're also getting regular reminders over here. Last Sunday was smoky Haze. Again, listen to this. I'd like to shout one of your heroes, a case of your beer heroes gold. Are you able to send me a name and delivery address? Or someone you think would appreciate and deserves a case on me. Keep up the great work, Paul in christ Church, an area which has been hardly affected over the last couple years. How amazing is that well legend.
Speaker 3: I actually had somebody from the UK on Instagram yesterday after I shared it say the same thing. I would like to donate one to your listener because I can't get it shipped to the UK.
Speaker 2: I think there's something really special about that. There are so many big hearted people out there, and Paul, you're one of them in christ Church as well. That is a lovely thing to do if you're if you genuinely want me to find out, I will find out. Actually, mate, If that's how you want to get involved and support your bit, good on you. I really appreciate that. When it comes to all the ordering of the beer, like last week on the show, and I'm saying, sometimes they come up against certain language areas that make no sense to me as an Englishman. And I know apparently you do speak English here, but there are certain areas where I do wonder, and my frontier work continues. It just ordering a beer you have to make unnecessarily complicated. How can you have three words for the same thing. I know Eskimos have twenty six words for snow because it's a big part of their lives. What if you're ordering a case of beer. A case of beer is a case of beer. How can the same thing we called a carton, which is a carton of milk and also a slab. I'm so confused. Don't getting emails I member saying they've ordered a case, someone else saying they've ordered a carton, someone else saying they're a slab, and I don't know what are they ordering now.
Speaker 3: I used to always call it a slab when I was growing up. I felt like, get a slab of beer.
Speaker 2: Everyone. Yeah, in the UK it's a slab of beer, and it was a twenty four pack, But normally it was just we're taking a slab of beer around, okay, because it's like a slap, didn't it.
Speaker 3: I've been using a case to describe the case of the beer we're setting for Heroes Goal because that's the language I use on the website. But maybe that's just an official language they make.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's a craft beer word, isn't it. Case feels like something you have nice stuff in bring. I don't bring my backgammon case over velvet line. Snap is beer. It's the language of just beer. Carton dry slab, whereas a case of craft ow. You know, I think that's what it's. But I don't understand a carton A can't as a cant of milk to me.
Speaker 3: Now, I have been getting mixed up between case and cart and me too, so I be I said carton on the weekend. My dad stopped me and said, no, that's wrong.
Speaker 2: That's what it's not done as your father yet either, because he's still trying to raise you the right way. I just know I'm so confused. Perhaps, what would you call.
Speaker 4: We've always called it a slab?
Speaker 2: Yes, so why is it carton? Involved?
Speaker 4: Got no idea? Isn't carton generally a smaller size?
Speaker 2: So like a four or six pack?
Speaker 4: Well that's what I would say.
Speaker 3: No, I would call that a six pack or a four pack two? Yeah, a carton is definitely still when it can.
Speaker 2: Come into it a case. I can understand it's hipsters and they're fuzzy sort of dirties or cloudy craft l you know, I don't understand what who invited carton? To the party, the government. The government needs to get involved and have some kind of standardization now and kick out carton and kick out case and say it's slab. That's it. You can't order it's just no as a slam. From now on, what do you call it? I just presume people call it slabs. But on the emails coming in yesterday, people saying that they've ordered their slabs cases cart and I was getting so confused. At one point I went onto a website and when I want to check that I'd actually ordered a slab of beer and not the wrong thing. So what do you actually call a slab of beer? You just call it a slab a case? Does anyone call it.
Speaker 1: A Carter Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Travis taking Away honeed.
Speaker 6: A hero honeed a Hero's gold at the end of the fights.
Speaker 2: Well, it's gotta be cold.
Speaker 6: And it's got to be fresh, and it's got to be flowing all night.
Speaker 2: That is Travis the tradey. We need to get that man in a studio asap. That is an amazing jingle he came up with two weeks ago. Morning two Carla just start as talking about heroes Gold, our Bush fire fundraising beer that came out yesterday for pre order. You can get involved at Gold one A four to three dot com dot au. Carla, thank you very much for your support. Also, Scott and Chelsea Heights, Christian, that's a great thing you're doing. I've pre ordered sixteen of the Hero's Gold, Scott. They refused to be drawn into the whole slab case. Car't debate there. He's simply referring to as sixteen of the Hero's Gold. Respect your independence. There's like Switzerland and all this. Scott and Chelsea Heights also, thank you very much too. David Marachino from Melton's just got a four pack of Heroes Gold. He can't wait. That's brilliant news. David, thank you very very much. So yesterday with all this beer talk, I'm seeing some of you are saying you brought a slab, some of you saying you bought a case. Someone's saying you brought a carton. It's the same thing. How can you have three different names? This pommy brain does not compute. I don't understand. So what do you call it? So in the studio here, Jack, you would call a sixteen of stubbies a.
Speaker 3: Well I usually had growing up, have been calling it a slab. But now I'm trying to use the language that hawkers are using on their website. They're calling it a case. I'm trying to be true to the language they're using.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what would you call it a slam?
Speaker 4: I'm with Jack.
Speaker 2: Slab, Yes, slab, isn't it all right? Let's take some calls on this, Simon, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian there and everyone else? Are we doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay. When we used to get the bottle or beer across the bar, you know, by the shop, we used to call a slab, and you would get a twenty four can. When you asked for a garden, you would get twenty four bottles of three hundred and seventy five mile. And that's how I remember the difference between the two.
Speaker 2: All right, So it's the size, Yes, well.
Speaker 7: It was the cans. Actually, flab comes in the twenty four.
Speaker 8: Cans, so cansvast battle with a plastic rap.
Speaker 3: But I remember the bottle still being called a slab when I was growing up.
Speaker 7: Well, I yess, after a while, the things have changed and it just all become one.
Speaker 2: Standards dropped, don't they? My friend?
Speaker 7: Well, that's how I used to remember. I am fifty nine years old, and I have been drinking a lot in my earlier days. But after a while I have to give it.
Speaker 2: Simon.
Speaker 7: So I would say the slabs were cans with a plastic rab, and then the bottles were Carden or yeah, garden or box.
Speaker 2: Crystal clear, and so in this case then also our little stubbies, Simon's. And they're in a sixteen pack, so that would be a slab.
Speaker 7: Right, No, no, twenty four packs. They used to be.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm with you now, services by sick confu. It's not your fault.
Speaker 7: I never knew that things coming a sixth impact. Well maybe they do these days.
Speaker 2: What's gone crazy? What's gone crazy? Simon's progress apparently? Yes, sounds right all right with Simon, Thank you very much for clearing that up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no problems.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you very.
Speaker 2: That's not someone. Have a good day you too. When are the clearer? Alright, let's try let's try Tim now, Tim? Yeah, Tim, what do you reckon? When's it? Slap? When's the case? When's it the mysterious carton?
Speaker 9: So, just to clarify, I'm a queen's learner, so you know it's pretty basic. I have still agree with Simon, all right.
Speaker 10: So a flag is can because it's a narrow, longer case where a carton of beer is in the bottles, which makes it a larger case than what a flab would look like, which makes it more boxes shape.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 9: Right now, where the case comes in is every now and then you'll come across a cart and that has a handle. Yeah, I know it's weird.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you said that. I'm just rolling my eyes here, like, come on, handles and it's something else.
Speaker 9: Well, what do you call a curtain of a cart and of coke? A box of coca?
Speaker 11: Case of coke?
Speaker 9: It has a handle, you know by two twenty four pack of coke. It's a case because it's got a handle. You buy a pack of saying k screaming soda or something like that, they now have handles. It's the same with beer. If it's got a handle, it's a case like a briefcase.
Speaker 8: A briefcase has a hand A briefcase.
Speaker 2: You've got it now, Simon is your leader. You're right. A soup case has.
Speaker 8: A handle, so does a briefcase.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a briefcase. All right. We'll stick with your.
Speaker 9: If you have a look at any box that has a handle, mostly they'll refer.
Speaker 2: To as a case or a box with handles.
Speaker 9: Well, sometimes I'll say box with handle.
Speaker 11: Efforts.
Speaker 2: I tell me this, Tim, Yeah, it's amazing, you know. Is it amazing how we can all this knowledge can come out of you at six forty three? Do you work in the drinks and boxing industry?
Speaker 9: Well, actually I do run a small drink vendor for the events. We're not a big vendor, we are only small, but we do have a selection of thirty two different drinks.
Speaker 2: I see, this is why you know so much about it so early on. Pressed with your immediate take on this so early in the day. So good for you too. What's the name of your company? Give yourself a plug?
Speaker 9: Advanced traffic Management. Tim, I'm currently sitting on site waiting for my client.
Speaker 2: Right and are you going to order some of our delicious Heroes gold?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately I don't drink beer because on my stomach has a intolerance to eat.
Speaker 2: You can give it to friends that you care about.
Speaker 9: Absolutely can, And I've been thinking about it.
Speaker 2: If I was you I would get a.
Speaker 9: Slab of it, no worries. I think I might get two cases.
Speaker 2: There's our two poker players there.
Speaker 3: He did not want to fold, and neither of them sure how to play poker.
Speaker 2: Timmy, a miner who thank you very much for calling the show, might have a.
Speaker 3: Good day, no worries.
Speaker 11: Enjoy your day, guys.
Speaker 2: Bye Now I'm still none the wiser.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: People still texting in about when is a slab of beer, A slab of beer, a case of beer, a carton of beer? Christian? A case is twenty four stubbies. A slab is twenty four cans, A block new one. We don't need another to another one in a fourth option for the same thing. A block is thirty six can or stubbies. I didn't even even know you get you shouldn't. That's what I believe anyway. That's how Donnie signs off. This is what he believes. He don't if it's facts, but he believes it. Twenty four cans is a slab, twenty four stubbies is a brick.
Speaker 3: Never heard of brick?
Speaker 2: So got a brick and a block now, to actually the three other phrases for there saying thing. That's when Peter, a slab is cans, a cardinal box is stubbies. The case is an American term infiltrating. That's funny. Thank you, Coucy, that's very funny. Christiana, slab is usually cans, and the cart is bottles or stubbies. That's what we kind of got into earlier. Case is for those who are just trying to sound fancy, that's funny.
Speaker 3: So what are we calling it? What do we club?
Speaker 2: There's nothing fancy about us, apart from me because I'm a very fancy man, come from a fancy lad Christian. I don't know if I'm just a whole new level of bogan. But I called a slab box of beer. Yeah, that is very boguan. It's just two de script it. Now we have six, Ben and Rose Buddy said he picked up the phrase box of beer from his dad. Christian. They are all the same. Yes, I know, it depends what state you come from. In Victoria, it's a slab. That's that's the final word.
Speaker 12: Dana Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I saw a couple on a second date yesterday in a very very unusual place. It's gonna be one of the things coming up late this morning on five Otibit Tuesday. Patsy, let me ask you this question. Ry, you go to buy a pair of socks? All right? I need you get in that mindset now he met one of the girls, your mum for a little bit of lunch, he wondered, Patsy wanted on the street. That is how she wants down the street.
Speaker 3: That's how she competes in laser challenges as well.
Speaker 2: That I am never We were going to do a thing once a month for team bonding, right the the on air team versus the off fair team. It went so badly with pats screaming us on her the next morning.
Speaker 4: From the spot because.
Speaker 2: Of her lack of well laser question. You're up against two teams. Warlike situations are recreated with the safety of laser tag. But you're like chatting to the other team members that our rivers going las. What what is.
Speaker 4: It with you blokes that brings out the rambow in.
Speaker 2: You know you're in a situation you meant to destroy the offair team. What a great team bonding thing. We crushed you and if we could have, we would have annihilated you. But luckily these are just laser tags shaking.
Speaker 3: And now that was about a year ago. We haven't been team bonding.
Speaker 2: Because it went so badly with old docy dough one. Like she's on a Sunday drive catching up with everyone. Anyway, you go and get a pair of socks. Right, you're walking down the street. You go into the sock shop. What do you see? How do you buy socks.
Speaker 4: As quickly and painlessly as possible?
Speaker 2: And who's having a painful There's too much.
Speaker 4: Choice, there's too much choice. And now there's feet with stich. No, you have long socks, you have mid length socks, you have ankle socks, you have sockets.
Speaker 13: It's all too hard, fears the So what about the sizing pats?
Speaker 4: Oh I'm easy because I just go what are the women five to eight or fight whatever?
Speaker 2: Do you like that kind of very broad spectrum?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it socks. It conforms to that size range. So it's fine.
Speaker 2: I beg to differ too. Really, you show me a lady with a size five, You'll show your lady with a five eight. There is a difference. How can you have one bit of clothing that suits a five and an eight. It's the same with guys. Right, you go in and I literally part of me dies when I gotta get socks. And there's the six till eleven. There's such a difference between a size six foot and the size eleven foot that sock can't be as tight round a six as it's going to be round an eleven or tight round eleven. You can have a saggy hill. It's a least toe.
Speaker 4: It's the length. If you've got a smaller foot, the sock will go higher on the lake.
Speaker 3: Right, No, but the heel. The heel is built into the sock.
Speaker 2: The two most important bits where the sock needs to hug the foot. Heel and mister toe.
Speaker 3: There are I have seen some socks where they don't do the heel, and I just wouldn't even deal with those.
Speaker 2: Let's not even discuss those.
Speaker 4: Don't You still wear suspenders on your socks.
Speaker 2: Still, Winterton Churchill.
Speaker 3: They clip to the bottom of your shorts or it sucks too much.
Speaker 2: She thinks it worries me. Sometimes you think us English people are like with actual shorts where socks it's attached to them. I think maybe not the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: It's twenty twenty in you So what are they clip to?
Speaker 2: I think they used to clip to and socks sock to the upper thigh.
Speaker 4: Because you have a plastic back.
Speaker 2: There is this another piece of s merchandise, sock suspenders for the discerning listener, because that.
Speaker 4: We knitted before the time of elastic, so they had to, you know, keep them up, hoist them up.
Speaker 3: My problem with this sizing as they do today is the most common you see is seven or six to ten and then eleven to fourteen, and I'm a size ten and a half, so there's literally no sock that fits me.
Speaker 2: I'm a nine to five, so I'm in that kind of six to ten thing, and I find that it's too losey goosey. I want to the tightists around the heel. I got some new socks of the day, I won't name where are they're from. They're two. They're flopping around in there right now like an oversized glove. I can't relax today, and I do think it's going to affect my show performance. You know, if the boss says, what the hell happened today? They gotta lose sock work. They situations, you wouldn't go into a shop and then they say what size are you for the T shirt? Can you just bring me one that's small, medium, large and excel? It wouldn't work. Come on Sock Industry.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Interesting Times. After yesterday's show, Jack and I went in for our weekly Monday morning catch up with the boss. Sighing Sue and as always, we can't wheel into that meeting, and I was handstanding, chat was commpaning, that's the way it always. It's in a Monday, giddy times, and the Boss was actually in a good mood. So the horses must have come in a couple of other races of the weekend. And she had the idea of brand new so Much, So Much twenty twenty of stable tables so you can eat your tea in the evening. On my face, I thought it was just the show, like I didn't know a bit sooner as actually when I left, I think she was speaking to marketing and there was going to be some awful photo of me to put your plate and tea on. But anyway, so we were thinking about stable tables. But now Patsy as always gives us a detour, sends us down the road of sock suspenders. I just googled sock suspenders thinking i'd see some ancient old photographs. Here in Australia, sock suspenders are doing a roaring trade. I'm live right now at an Australian men's outfitter doing a very good line and several different types of sock garters men's braces dot com dot Au and I'm in their sock garter subsection. This is listening. I'm on the description of the page here. Whether you call them sockgarters or sock suspenders, they are a hidden gem. Sockguarters have been around for decades anyway. Say they're old fashioned and made of sleep by today's socks. There are many other men who would disagree that. So who is that? Of course? What is that?
Speaker 4: That's my alarm for what to check? A bit of audio? Sorry, shure.
Speaker 2: Has an alarm, the old audio alarm. Audio alarmed? You mean call back home about colder sacks and sides. Their idea for keeping all socks up with having to resort to highly elasticated socks that cut off your circulation. They prevent that flash of flesh when you sit down. Heaven forbid someone sees my ankles in a meeting. They prevent that flash of flesh when you sit down and are great for those who have to walk around between meetings, appointments, et cetera. These are for captains of industry. You know, you can't be holding some big, high powered meeting and suddenly arrival and negotiation sees a flash of flesh and you're in a weakened position. I'm sure Donald Trump is with me on this. The sock must stay up high and sock garters are worn around the calf and clips to the socks. So we're now wondering what do you want in terms of breakfast show merchandise. Do you want the stable table or do you want sock suspenders?
Speaker 3: Both nostalgic, yes in their own ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love the idea of the stable table. But you decide, ma'am, well, what would you prefer the stable table or sock garters sock suspenders.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Overwhelming leave decided on the course, it is a huge no to sock suspenders. Funny that, but the stable table gets a double thumbs up. Linda Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi Christian, Hi guys, how are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all good, Linda, welcome to the show. So you speak for everyone this morning. Yeah, this stable table is going to be the next breakfast show bit of merchandise, no idea, how are you?
Speaker 5: I loved the stable table and I actually met the guy that invented the stable table many years ago. I worked in pharmacy and he was going to shop to shop selling them and we used to buy them off him before he had the franchise it out. He was a fantastic guy and it was the best product around.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. So we started off just humbly going door to door with a stable table.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and they were they were great, you know, strong, sturdy, and everybody thought they were fantastic because there's nothing like it out in the market. But he had franchise it out, you know, because he was just one single guy, you know, making him at home.
Speaker 2: What was his name? Do you remember?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I can't remember it so long ago. It's about thirty five years ago, but yeah, yeah, I got fond memories of that.
Speaker 3: But it was here in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in Melbourne. I worked in black Rock at the time black crook who know just down the road to me.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be sausee if you can get one of those blue plaques you put on buildings, you know, he used to train to the Unknown hero the stable table.
Speaker 3: And didn't look much different to it does today.
Speaker 2: Was it padded underneath?
Speaker 14: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Was it padded underneath a little table like it is?
Speaker 5: No, padded a little bean bag underneath to keep it stable, and you know, have pads plastic and it was just really well made. Yeah, so it's not much different. I'm actually going to buy some because bon't need them for work at the moment, you know, for a project we're doing. But yeah, it's just around there.
Speaker 2: What work project involves you sitting around eating lunch off your lap while watching the TV.
Speaker 5: Well, well, well I have a great job. I work with people with disabilities, and we're going to do an armchair travel program where you pretend to fly all around the world. So we're going to have the stable table to heavy lunch or their snacks. Yeah, and then have a video where it going and dress them up and things like that. You've got to use you got to use your imagination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we send Jack along to dress up as a pilot and everything. I feel laughing, Linda, what a great thing to do.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you've got to laugh in their industry they have You've got to have fun, you know. But it's great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I feel bad. I feel like we should buy.
Speaker 5: So you can send me one year when you make them, when you've got them done.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, Linda, thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks him a great day.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: I about other people. Must remember that guy thirty odd years ago going door to door with stable tables in the Black Rock area.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Has been to launch into five to Tuesday, where every Tuesday on the show we do five phone ins running at the same time. Or other shows are told that you can only handle one phone in at one time, we say you can handle five. You make this work every single week with all your amazing stories. Last week we had an amazing one for an hour wall to wall, all killer, no filler, and I think you'll enjoy once you've got today. All right, famous people at the movies, what celebrities a listers through to crawl all of them?
Speaker 3: It's none at the bottom of the barrel Ou.
Speaker 2: I just meant, like every kind of celebrity, there are alisters, and there's an a lister plus and that is Shane the man Crawford. You would have never you will never see him at the cinema. That man cannot sit still for ten minutes. He's not checking out the irishman. All right, So famous people at the movies? Who have you seen famous going to the cinema? Jack has got a great one to start with.
Speaker 3: I sat in the cinema with Sean mccauliffe to watch the two thousand and five King Kong, not a great film, but a great comedian who I loved very much.
Speaker 2: So this is being back when you're working at Hoyts.
Speaker 3: I was at Hoyts was to check his ticket. I well, not on this occasion. No, I went to the cinema for fifty He only cost us fifty cents when we worked at Hoyd, So you could go to the film for fifty cents.
Speaker 2: What a great job work. Okay, So celebrities, famous people at the cinema. Yesterday I'm at the gym and there was a couple in their early twenties. They were very chatty and he was very hands on with her, and I thought it's a bit odd for a personal trainer to put his hands quite like that. Anyway, afterwards, I was getting changed and he was in there. I couldn't leave it there, and I went a personal trainer here. I knew he wasn't. And because those personal trainers are all gyms, they like you to know they're a personal trainer. The only job were they have it written on their backs what they are because they're so special personal trainer. Anyway, he didn't have that, and he goes, no, no, no no, And I said, all right, okay, so because you knew so much, I just presume you're a personal trainer with that girl. And he goes, oh no. We're on a second date, second day, second day at the gym. They were heading off for lunch. It's a safe space though it is that, I guess if but as hard as she's not getting on well with him, she's got it. You know how long a workout going to last. It's like lunch afterwards. It feels like quite a big ordeal. Anyway, Weird dates that you've been on after seeing a couple of years, say on a second date at a gym workout yesterday I was talking about the rules that we have in our house for the two girls, the two teenage daughters our If you've got friends coming around, you keep that bedroom door open, especially one of them friends, maybe a man. Sorry boy, just keep the door open now, if it's a boy. Rules your parents had when you were growing up. I remember I was forbidden from hitch hiking, not that I was never going to hitchhike. My mum just saw danger everywhere, still does now, right. She was a nurse, so she maintained that she saw everything at the hospital. Danger everywhere. Wasn't out of a skateboard hitch hiking. It was if I went to HITCHI hitchhiking, I would she say this, never go hitch hiking, or you were It was like you might end up It was or you will end up dead in a ditch. Now, the phrase dead in a ditch got said about many things that my mum just didn't want me to do. The phrase you will end up dead in a ditch, not you might, or there's very little chance, but you actually you're hitchhiking. Christians not alive anymore. He's dead in a ditch. So rules that your parents had I remember the other one as well for some reason that we were never allowed to be and my sister and to have wet hair because my mum said it could bring on cancer by having wet or damp hair.
Speaker 4: Heard that this is a woman who was a nurse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, end up dead in a ditch? And where did you fall asleep? Yesterday? It was a super Bowl. If only there was a guy on breakfast Radio Melbourne who could let us know what it was like to go out to a super Bowl. It'd be great to hear that at breakfast time what it was like to be out the super Bowl, which there was some on the radio that were selfless enough to fly out there at huge cost to report back on something we couldn't see on the TV or anything. You could only hear the man on the radio describe what it's like to be lucky enough to be there. But anyway, Yester, let the super Bowl are very big, the world's biggest sporting event, very very noisy. Someone was on screen fast asleep. You've got to check this footage out online. We're put up on our Facebook page. There's a guy he's not just nodded off. His head's back against a wall. And anybody's pounded a load of beers and he's just peaked too soon. His mouth is wide home, he's fast asleep. It's so noisy American football. The chat is this guy mouth agape catching z's But where have you fallen asleep? Significant places, the strange places that you've actually managed to get some shut eye and accidentally just not off fall asleep. So those are your five topics. Celebrities, famous people at the movies, seeing them at the cinema, we'd dates, you've been on, rules your parents had, like no hitchhiking from me or end up dead in a ditch and where did you fall asleep? That's your five topic today the christ.
Speaker 1: John O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Come Morning to Marie who said that her parents would never ever let her get on an escalator with her laces untied because otherwise should get broken legs.
Speaker 3: Ours was, yeah, you get sucked into the mechanisms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, it's a famous baby you've seen at the cinema, unusually weird dates, you've been on, rules that your parents had for you when you were growing up? Aware have you fallen asleep? Nine four one four one oh four three Michael, Good morning morning. Okay, so you're kicking us off with celebrities at the cinema. Who have you seen?
Speaker 8: I saw there were birthways, all right.
Speaker 2: Mister horses himself and what was he watching?
Speaker 8: Well, I didn't.
Speaker 11: Actually, I didn't actually think it was seeing because he actually looked like a bit of a bum. He had some stained, ripped jeans on, and he didn't really look like he was supposed to be in the cinema.
Speaker 2: That's a and icn'tu there with Barnsy and Pharnsie. He can't say look like a bum.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he looked like a bit of a bum because he had his old rising son and songs and who knew.
Speaker 2: We had to dress up in singlets and thongs.
Speaker 11: Anyways, Well, the funny the funny thing was I actually saw him at Ricardo's nice restaurant beforehand. We're in the exact same thing. And then when I'm sawing at the cinema, I was like, hey, it is so because at the restaurant I didn't think it was him, but everyone was getting excited, pointing and and what have you. And then he turned around and obviously watching him. But it was a bit of a bit of a funny thing to say a guy like that, you know, in just a place like where everyone is well.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to watch my dress to tie.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: Want I want is Michael, you see me out.
Speaker 3: And about not without a colored shirt or.
Speaker 2: You know the cinema he had there was.
Speaker 11: There was, there was, there was grease and stuff on.
Speaker 2: Din't work in a car garage during the day repairs. He doesn't shift there. We need to get down breathwork on the show to apologize and clear up all these wicked rumors about the grease. What was it? What was the movie? Michael as a Dragon? All right, Michael, thank you very much. Cool, have a good day mate. Alright, Lucy, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian, I'm ringing up that weird day.
Speaker 2: All right? Where did you go?
Speaker 14: He took me to.
Speaker 15: A church first and did not stop dropping the F bomb, And.
Speaker 16: Then we went to a supermarket.
Speaker 15: Where he made me get one of those loyalty cards.
Speaker 2: Who was this guy?
Speaker 16: He was a six foot four German and then he proceeded to pick me.
Speaker 9: Up by the back of my jeans because I'm only five ft three.
Speaker 14: So it was just.
Speaker 7: The weirdest date ever.
Speaker 15: That's why I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 2: Right, So you go to the church. First of all? What to do with the church? Can I say a prayer? Like?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 14: We got on the freeway and he drove like a madman and he said, I take you to my church.
Speaker 2: Terminator.
Speaker 14: Definitely, we went up to save money because in many times, and all the way up he was swearing. Every second word was the F bomb. And I said to him when we get in the church, I hope you're not going to swear.
Speaker 16: We get the church, he kneels down, does.
Speaker 15: The sign of the Cross, and then drop the F bomb again.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I know it was crazy.
Speaker 2: No, he just assume again.
Speaker 16: Definitely not No, No, he was scary.
Speaker 14: He was scary and crazy.
Speaker 7: Nah.
Speaker 9: And then and then he showed me he's leg He had.
Speaker 7: A bullet word from when he listened.
Speaker 14: I saw of him.
Speaker 2: All right, Lucy, thank you very much and cool, take care, Thank you, bye, this is great. That's take one last call before the news, Cheryl. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Christian. I love your show. It gets me up every morning. I'm fifty seven and I need more than the vitamin tablet day.
Speaker 2: Cheryl, thank you very much and thanks for even giving the show ago Cheryl, which one are you calling in about this morning? Mate?
Speaker 14: For five Tuesday, I've actually got two in one off you go.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 14: It's nineteen seventy eight September. Our family of stix kids me sixteen down to nine sister. We move from an eleven and a half square house where we're jammed in like hamsters to a more roomy house where I get my own bedroom, which happens to be the equal to my parents' room and half a set of bunk beds is not going to do it. So I get promised to bed for my sixteenth birthday. I inherit and still have and sleep in a beautiful old wrought iron with brass flowers bed. I've had it since then. It's never it's had the sides renovated. Of course, they've got to be aware over the years. But anywhere and so new bedroom, new house, new rule. No males in the bedroom. No come up and see my acching. No boyfriend of three years. No, not even brothers, possibly not the cats. And I'm in form a year ten Form four. I've I've got a desk, I've got everything. I've got some some antiques I bought with some parts on money. I've got this lovely big room, just me allowed in it, maybe my sister, possibly friends. That's okay, no males. So I get to go out on a date with someone I run into a year after I first see them, and make a joke. We go to a very sleazy, seedy place in john called this Oh golly, it used to have It was in a rough suburb anyway, it's still rough and it was music so loud you couldn't talk, and a lingerie show two bucks ahead. This is nineteen eighty.
Speaker 8: Three, no.
Speaker 14: Nine eighty two. And I asked to us, why did we go there? So if you were no good the lingerie show would have been worth before But ye, idiot. But anyway, so we get to the that's the one I end up getting engaged to at the end of eighty three. Still not allowed in the bedroom engaged, No, not up the hallway. Do you know when he was allowed to visit my bedroom after we got back from the honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Right he was finding out to see that raw iron bed with the sides of been restored.
Speaker 14: Never never been up the hallway other than to wash his hands up to going to the loop. When even when Mum and dad, weren't there remember the joke, you know the eighties, in the eighties, that was the decade that safe sex meant your parents were away.
Speaker 1: But anyway, no.
Speaker 14: It was. It was possible week close to the twenty eighth of April nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: A date on this story. We've been wondering which season it was in.
Speaker 14: That's two in one.
Speaker 2: Eryl show and everyone. Cheryl, thank you very much for calling the show. That's very funny. Thanks a lot, mate, Thank you, Bye bye, Cheryl.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: The topic this morning for five to bit Tuesday, wherever you managed to fall asleep, rules that your parents had, weird dates you've been on and seeing famous people at the cinema nine four one four one oh four three is in number. Let's go to Trevor.
Speaker 12: Good morning, Trevor, Good morning, boys and girls.
Speaker 2: How are we yo? It's all the boys and girls. All the boys and girls are good and we hope you well. Trevor. Which story you're calling in about?
Speaker 12: It's weird dates?
Speaker 2: Hey, where did you go? Trevor?
Speaker 12: My date was a blind date and a nudist speech.
Speaker 2: That is I mean, you're getting streak down to checking each other out, aren't you. There's no sort of mysteriousness of about what they might look like naked.
Speaker 12: We've never met before. We've decided we'd go to the nudist beeech and that's what we did. And that was a blind date at the neudis speech.
Speaker 2: So you never met before. So how are you pointing each other out? So to speak, you weren't pointing anyone out speech.
Speaker 3: I'll be the guy with the because he can't say red hat, you can't say white t.
Speaker 2: Shirt, the guy with one that slightly longer than the other one.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no. We met in the car park and then went to the nudist speech.
Speaker 2: Right, So what you met in the car park clothed clothed?
Speaker 12: Yes, because you can't do it. You can't be.
Speaker 2: Checking and going to on later on of that. Just needs to know what the protocol is. Do I turn up naked or other changing facilities?
Speaker 12: You go to the beast, then you disrobe at the beach.
Speaker 2: Disrobe that's what you call it. And tell me this, Trevor, did you see each there again after the robing?
Speaker 12: Yes? It is, yeah, absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 2: All right, great place, Trevor, thank you very much you called me. I have a good day, no.
Speaker 12: Eyes, guys, have a good one. Lovely show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Trevor, Thank you Trevor. I get the feeding. Trevor's calling you naked Blake, Good morning morning.
Speaker 8: How are you going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good, Blake. Thanks for calling. Five to whit Tuesday. So tell us about the place you've fallen asleep. This guy yestad at the Super Bowl? What was it for you?
Speaker 8: I've fallen asleep at the Grand Prix Melbourne, I'll least the last five or six years.
Speaker 2: How it's the world's noisiest sport. I mean, rockets going round every couple of minutes. The noise you can hear wherever you are in Melbourne. Where's the Grand Prix here?
Speaker 8: And it's it's a long weekend on you feed all day at a time, roll ground, pretty warm, pretty.
Speaker 2: Tired, and you can chuck it into the hospitality in the beers. Is that what it is?
Speaker 12: Usually?
Speaker 14: Not?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Wow? Do you do this every year?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Last level Sixcuse I think I've fallen asleep.
Speaker 2: I reckon that would put the drivers off if I was Lettis Hamilton, I kept going round sleep. I'm going to do a donut now and try to wake him up. Mats like all, we'd have to look out for you on the coverage if we could see our man late. They're catching some Zi's all right, Blake, thank you very much for calling you. Uh, Simone, Hi, here are going. I'm good. So talking about the rules that your parents had, what was it for you?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 15: I was going out with my boyfriend and when we would be saying goodbye, my mum would flick the front light porch to say, come in, you've had enough time. If we didn't take any.
Speaker 2: Notice of that, like a lighthouse calling you back in, come in number nine, Come in number, your time is up.
Speaker 15: Oh no, it gets better, it gets better if we didn't, if we didn't take any notice of that, she would then open the door and yell out, Simone, get inside. And if we didn't take any notice of that, she would physically come out and say get inside now.
Speaker 2: And how old were you?
Speaker 15: I was seventeen when I started going out with my boyfriend. I had a curfew was twelve o'clock until the day I got married, and I was twenty three.
Speaker 2: I agree with all problem. It's a lake for six o'clock.
Speaker 7: See how it goes.
Speaker 2: Six o'clock in by six pm winter all sudden, I just flat six o'clock if.
Speaker 15: It was daylight savings, and we sort of thought, oh cool, you know we've got an extra hour. No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 9: Daylight saving doesn't turn over until two o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the morning. And I'm going to use that porch light trip because my daughter takes ages out there on the porch saying goodbye to her friend who is a boy. And I'm going to start using the old lights coming on and me just staring through the shutters at them as well the lights off that looked damp at it all? Is that your dad staring always?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, thank you about you face top on her till twenty three?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thanks thanks mate, Bye bye, Andy. How don we just keep this going for Can I run this out till day?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 16: Today he Christian act.
Speaker 2: We can entrance aro Andy, Andy, you live on the radio on Gold. What's the story for us?
Speaker 1: Meete, I actually.
Speaker 16: Fell fell asleep in a inch of twenty four hour mountain bike race. So it's a mountain bike race that that you're literally on the track for twenty four hours and around about, so it's fat at midday and you're riding the way until midnight. And then it hit around about two o'clock and I started hitting a bit of a lull, as you would riding for fourteen hours straight. Yeah, and I thought I'll pull over for a pell.
Speaker 8: That it did in a ditch.
Speaker 16: So I cuddled up into the ditch near a tree, and.
Speaker 2: What puddling the bike.
Speaker 16: And I was sleeping away and the only annoying thing would keep on cava paths.
Speaker 2: Oh, you are right, that's amazing.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Great, all right, Andy, thank you very much and call make good on you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast email here from Isabella.
Speaker 2: Uh, just a tail end of this morning's five to its Tuesday. One thing we'll talk about with parents and the rules they have for you. Christian works, so I can't call him. But we had a really strange rule growing up. We weren't allowed to eat boss Castle pies. What grab my attention. The company had their bakery in the next street over from us, so every morning the whole suburb would smell of onion. My mom was so sick of the smell. She decided if we didn't eat the pies, they'd got up business. Now, Chris, I'm sure if we tried a Boscastle pie, I have the very nice they're on the best around. So the loss of four customers was never really going to impact their sales. Live the show Better, I don't. That's the TYPEO for live the show even a show better. That's a great email. I love that four people wouldn't have the pies. They come out business kids, We'll see the back of them, will we will see out the boss Castle Corporation.
Speaker 3: There's another topic in places like businesses that your parents forbid.
Speaker 2: You go on, let's do that tomorrow. Yeah, mum's and dads and they're fat. Wise of that's it, No so of mine as ever gone back mind. I had to fall out with the chip shop after they overcharged him I think about forty two p and for ten years. We actually then slept for ages to go and they were the best fish and chip shop in town by far, and then were at the end of our road. I could walk there, but now we had to go in the car, so we will get less fish and chips. They even changed hands and I kept saying to my dad. They don't. There's not there anymore. I think he even died at one point. My dad went doesn't matter, So yeah, I think Dad fat, bars and bad that they rest. Like podcastle Pie that's on tomorrow's show if you want to get in early to the party. Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot Au the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Some thank yous now to people who in the last two hours of the show have gone to Gold one I four three dot com dot Au to pre order Bushfire really fundraising beer Heroes Gold. If you pre order it this week means you get it before anybody else, before he even goes to Dan Murphy's, and the way it's going at the moment, it might not even get to Dan Murphy's and BWS. So thank you very much. Thank you to Steve and Frankston. He's just bought a slab and did it during his smokeco break, which is very kind of him, even though he doesn't drink beer. Whiskey is Stevie Boy's poison, but he's got two sons at home who love drinking beer, so she reckons they will smash through it. Stephen Frankston, thank you very much. Also Max in Heidelberg Heights, christ and I just paced my order this morning for a slab. Can't wait to taste it. I saw your video on the Gold FM website. I think the way you added the hots to the brew it was quite professional. Max. Even I know I simply just emptied the sack into it stood out the way because it was quite pongy. I got to keep them. I got to keep them safe, Patsy. But Max, thank you very much. In Heidelberg Heights.
Speaker 3: It does stink in the brewery, doesn't it. It doesn't smell like beer.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not all yeasty Christian Jack and Bash just sort of slab of your heroes. Gold Beer cannot wait for its arrival. And also thank you very much for a Christmas card that I got last year. That's from Aaron bird Birdie, thank you very much. Also Frankston has fallen into the beer. Second order from Frankston. Thank you, Frankston. Frankston City Council. I'm getting. Yeah, old Julie Williams in the waste management department. You know Julie. She's at the transfer station Gatehouse. She's the officer there. We've ordered Heroes Beer. Hero's Beer this morning. Thank you very much, Hero's Gold will it forward to arriving. Thank you very much for for everything that you and Hawkers have done. Jules and Jax, thank you very much for s morning that also, thank you very much to Jeff McFarland has ordered a slab. It's even sent on the screenshot as well. Thank you very much. That's from Jeff. We're getting a slab. And in the last hour as well, Paul Harris in Mortlake has ordered. He's an interstate truck driver. He's ordered a carton to keep up the funds going. Thank you very much Paul as well John. The next half and now then we're doing an update on how much you've managed to buy so far in the second day of pre orders. And also some brand new jingles have come our way for you to hear as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast Ready to Go, serving up some delicious Boscastle pies right now on the Time Waste getting ready for the Gold Run and girls. Okay, today's Time Waste is Builder Movies from the Builders. Listen to the show, good loyal listeners. They are your trainees, your builders that get on site, crank that monkey old radio up that's got plaster all over it, in paint, up and up loud that everyone can hear. And then they're out there in the blazing heat, all rain, all day long. Listen to this station Builder movies. What have I got? He's just not that into Oh no, that's a rubbish one.
Speaker 3: Now out of interest. We have to know, we have to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, some of those bigger building sites, you know they have unions. He's just not that into unions. Yeah, darl m for mortar, The Curious Case of Benjamin Builder. Tell you what was a good movie? Do you remember? Sliding doors? Where do you want the sliding doors? Builder movies? Where do you want the sliding doors? I know what you bid last summer. I know what you bid the auction, ah right and association. You know you're bid to get the house. Now we get reno.
Speaker 3: I think real estate.
Speaker 2: Footloose tiles or the tiles a little bit footloose tiles. Second thoughts, there were no gold ones, Jack, What have you got for builder movies?
Speaker 3: Smoko and the Bandit nice captain Philip's head.
Speaker 2: To shut it down. Now, well that's the investment of the year so far. Do that one.
Speaker 3: Again, Captain Phillip's Head.
Speaker 2: That is great, very good.
Speaker 3: The High Visit of Oz. The High Viz is the device with.
Speaker 2: Captains phillips Head. It's hard to get past.
Speaker 3: What about dude? Where's my Carpenter's square?
Speaker 2: Are you always snipping about the dude? Right now?
Speaker 1: You dipping into that the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Exciting you use. We're not even at the end of day two for pre orders for our bush Fire really fundraising beer Heroes Gold and so far we have six hundred and fifty slabs to get through a cap and we thought this would be going for a couple of weeks as Judi go do Dan Murphy's and BWS in two weeks time, about two weeks tomorrow. But you can pre order it at Gold one, four to three dot com do au and four hundred and twenty three slabs have now been purchased, thank you very much. That's amazing. Just two hundred and some more, not get into specifics, all right, just over two hundred a couple of other slabs. Maybe by the end of tomorrow, who knows, we could have completely sold out there. Maybe our good friends at Hawkers would do a bigger run that could run for a couple of weeks and a couple of months, and we can raise even more money.
Speaker 3: So we've sold exactly sixty five point zero seven percent of the slabs we have available.
Speaker 2: That's great if you wonder how Jack can do that so quickly, because this show does not do maths. You on that.
Speaker 3: Calculator calculator website percentage calculator dot net.
Speaker 2: Would you even know what you were taught to school about how to do percentagees long? Hard? Isn't it the thing over the other thing? Times one hundred over one?
Speaker 3: There is there one hundred in there.
Speaker 2: There has to because there's one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I always try to do that kind of calculation and end up with like forty thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I don't know. We don't do masks on the show, but thank you so much. Please shoot us an email or just text us if that's easier. Four seventy five three one oh four three if you are ordering a four pack or going for a slab, so we can thank you because I know it's a tough time of year, so we really do appreciate it as well. But you're doing a really good thing. Now we have got some more jingles over the next week or two. We need a jingle. There's even an advertising company coming in today who have made big ads for like VB that want to do an advert for free that come in ideas because I think it's a great beer is worthy of a great TV advert. So we need a jingle at the moment. We really love this one. This came in before we even start asking for your home made jingles.
Speaker 6: A hero I need a Hero's cold at the end of the fights. Well, it's gotta be cold, and it's gotta be fresh, and it's gotta be flowing all night.
Speaker 2: It's hard to beat that, isn't it.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then we also had some sort of notable ones where people just improvising them stuck in traffic, like Sebastians.
Speaker 6: Shining in the lot one tonight, I denied fires tonight hears God.
Speaker 2: Shining in the lot, simple lyrics.
Speaker 3: Way yallard to fight yours God. That one is probably the biggest earwe though.
Speaker 2: Irrisistible hook Irison hooks. Then there was our friend Greg.
Speaker 17: Well, there's a lot more things to drinking than really meets the eye. All those fancy craft beers don't help to fight the fires me.
Speaker 2: I like heroes, heroes.
Speaker 1: God's the one.
Speaker 17: Tastes better than the others and raises lots of money. There for Christians, Jack and Patsy to raising lots of money will help to ease the pain up there for heroes heroes, Gold's the one tastes better than the others and raises.
Speaker 2: Lots of money. That's great too. There has been a new one. Are you ready for a different flavor? Yes? Yeah, all right, So I just belet to you. There's no words to redscribe what you're about to hear other than thank you Val. It's a cover of very alb but well known song just so give your heads up. Vow's got a very very distinctive voice.
Speaker 18: Bel Donald says, Hello, Harpers, that's australingly strong.
Speaker 1: Lot of.
Speaker 2: Taste, like hair, ste How did that get the sensor?
Speaker 1: Do we have a show censor?
Speaker 2: Just be me baby?
Speaker 3: He is he putting on a muppet voice or is that his real singing voice.
Speaker 2: I think he's putting on a voice. Held good on you. It's really really funny. He's I'm trying to make that for the last two weeks and well worth his time once more. Vow just be baby, just be me, baby, turn up. Oh, I'll ride the dogs and cats all over howling. If you don't have any more homemade jingles, you can email them Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot Au. And if you can support the beer, it's a great cause. It's your beer Heroes Gold. You can find it now at Gold one four three dot com dot Au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You know who starts the old Tuesday fleeing.
Speaker 4: Oh it's personal training day.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, not Frank No no, no, that's all the other days of the week. No, it's the return of his real masters. Hey, miss shen Andy podcast to do with the team of eight thousand people working on it? Want to carry jack in?
Speaker 3: You guys are true masters.
Speaker 2: No, I've got a hot email to say for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 3: Their show is more like a hobby than I do.
Speaker 2: All right, so our time of today's show is a briefcase. Haw's a handle. We are back tomorrow morning when you wake up. Thanks for listening, and don't forget Gold one O four three dot com dot Au. Only two hundred and a little bit more of those slams to go on your be heroes, Goald, Let's see if we can get it sold out by tomorrow. Thank you very much, Hi Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast